Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

RPG Superstar 2015

JaceDK's Realm of the Fellnight Queen (Inactive)

Game Master Jacob Trier

"That fell creature sought to twist our minds, remove our souls, and make us forget what we are, rendering us into nought but crude beasts."
- Jervaise Toppington, Steel Falcon of Andoran


251 to 300 of 2,032 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | next > last >>

Goodluck will again try to dispel the hedge!

Dispel Magic: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (9) + 7 = 16


Storyteller extraordinaire

Once again, Goodluck attempts to undo the magic that binds his fellows, but again it resists.


Taecuss will continue his performance.

He will draw his wand of Eagle Eye and cast it, putting the focal of the spell about 30' above him. He's hoping the different perspective will help find any enemies nearby. UMD 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (20) + 13 = 33

The spell says it can see through foliage but not solid surfaces. Not sure if that would apply to spell generated foliage or not, but it worth a wand charge to find out! :)

Edit: I owe you a second round of Con poison fort save. 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16

Hit points 28/45.
Dex 13 (from 16). AC now 19.
Con 13 (from 14).
Inspire Courage Active.

Performance 4 of 25 rounds used.
Spells used: 2 of 5 1st, 2 of 4 2nd, 2 of 2 3rd.


Storyteller extraordinaire

I'll allow Tae a new Perception check, due to creative use of the spell. Make the roll, and I'll tell you if you see anything.


Perception 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (11) + 11 = 22


Storyteller extraordinaire

From the high vantage point, Taecuss has a fine view of the destruction caused by the bees and spriggans, but the remaining spriggan is well hidden within the thorn wall.


Male Halfling Inquisitor 8

Meycho mutters a brief prayer, and a matching set of rings, one on his finger, the other around Falling Star's leg, light up for a second, a nearly invisible silvery thread of energy connecting them.

Get him, Star, he says, before the bird flies off to attack the hidden Spriggan.

Shield Other cast on Falling Star, giving it +1 to all saves, +1 AC and half of damage received is transferred to me.

Attack (charge if possible, otherwise 2 lower): 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (14) + 9 = 23
Damage: 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4


Storyteller extraordinaire

The thorns rise 10 ft in the air. Falling Star can see the spriggan but not attack. He can circle over the square though, showing you where to strike.


Storyteller extraordinaire

Falling Star takes to the air, flying over the thorn wall. The falcon circles close to where you last saw the spriggan, trying in vain to get at something down below.

Caelin, you are up. Falling Star is indicating that the spriggan is in square P16. If you move and attack into this square, you have a chance of hitting it, even though you can't see it.

Updated map


Storyteller extraordinaire

Caelin, you out there?


hp 79/79, AC 24/19/15, CMD 29, F: +11, R: +14, W: +12, init: +5, per: +15 Elf Ranger Infiltrator

Seeing Falling Star circling, Caelin rushes forward to swing blindly in the thick tangle.


Concealment 1d100 ⇒ 73
PA Greatsword 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (12) + 13 = 25
Damage: 2d6 + 15 ⇒ (2, 2) + 15 = 19


Storyteller extraordinaire

GM rolls:

Att 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 14
Dmg 1d6 - 1 ⇒ (5) - 1 = 4
Conceal 1d100 ⇒ 12

Caelin thrusts his greatsword through the thorny vines, and is rewarded by a squeal of pain. The massive blade is stained with fresh blood as he withdraws it.

Infuriated by the injury, the spriggan slashes at Caelin with a battleaxe, but has less luck than the elven ranger, and the blade thumps harmlessly into a tangle of thorns.

Jervaise, Teacuss and Goodluck are next.


Male Half-Elf Fighter 1 / Rogue (Scout/Thug) 4 / Steel Falcon 2 / Chevalier 1

Jervaise continues to delay, patiently waiting...


Storyteller extraordinaire
Jervaise Toppington wrote:
Jervaise continues to delay, patiently waiting...

Glad you are still with us. You have been a very good sport about being trapped. Unless someone seriously goofs, you should be free within a round or two. That last hit by Caelin left the the remaining spriggan is sorry shape.


Goodluck will ONCE again try to dispel the hedge!

Dispel Magic:1d20 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11

Edit: SERIOUSLY Dice roller? SERIOUSLY?


Storyteller extraordinaire

Epic Thorn Wall of Dooooom!


hp 79/79, AC 24/19/15, CMD 29, F: +11, R: +14, W: +12, init: +5, per: +15 Elf Ranger Infiltrator

Caelin growled with satisfaction at the spriggan's angry swings. "No, that's not right. You'll have to do better. But I suggest you learn quickly."


Taecuss dyn Bru wrote:

Taecuss will continue his performance.

He will draw his wand of Eagle Eye and cast it, putting the focal of the spell about 30' above him. He's hoping the different perspective will help find any enemies nearby. UMD 1d20+13

I think I posted this out of sequence, which would put us back at the top of the initiative.


Storyteller extraordinaire

I know Meycho is a little busy in RL, so let's just say he delays until further notice. Caelin, you are up.


hp 79/79, AC 24/19/15, CMD 29, F: +11, R: +14, W: +12, init: +5, per: +15 Elf Ranger Infiltrator

"Ah, there you are my little, twiggy friend" Caelin whispered through clenched teeth as he tried to maneuver his large sword through the grasping thorns.


Concealment: 1d100 ⇒ 94
Greatsword: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (2) + 13 = 15
Damage: 2d6 + 15 ⇒ (4, 2) + 15 = 21
Concealment 2: 1d100 ⇒ 50 I think I need a second conceal roll
Greatsword 2: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (13) + 8 = 21
Damage 2: 2d6 + 15 ⇒ (5, 2) + 15 = 22


Storyteller extraordinaire

GM Rolls:

Stealth 1d20 + 23 ⇒ (10) + 23 = 33

Perception:
Taecuss: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (1) + 11 = 12
Caelin: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (18) + 14 = 32
Jervaise: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (17) + 13 = 30
Goodluck: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (1) + 10 = 11
Meycho: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (3) + 12 = 15
Falling Star: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (20) + 14 = 34
Aumgwe: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (20) + 9 = 29

The spriggan squeals in delight as it ducks under Caelins greatsword, the heavy blade cutting through thorny vines instead. Caelin's backswing seems very close to taking the foul creature's head off, but the small, plantlike shape is simply too hard to hit.

With a last taunting grin, the spriggan again ducks into the brambles and disappears from sight, only a slight rustling marking it's passage. Once again, the sharp cries of Falling Star signal that it still has the foe in sight.


Male Halfling Inquisitor 8

Meycho sheaths his two daggers while starting to circle the thorny bush to get a better view of the creature and drawing his bow and a cold iron arrow as he goes.

Moving to L18


Storyteller extraordinaire

Falling Star swoops after the spriggan, again clawing at the brambles to get at it.

Falling Star is indicating that the spriggan is in N18. Goodluck, Taecuss and Jervaise are up.

Updated map


Last time!

Dispel Magic: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 15


Taecuss will continue his performance. He will also cast Cure Light Wounds on himself. 1d8 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6

Hit points 34/45.
Dex 13 (from 16). AC now 19.
Con 13 (from 14).
Inspire Courage Active.

Performance 5 of 25 rounds used.
Spells used: 3 of 5 1st, 2 of 4 2nd, 2 of 2 3rd.


Male Half-Elf Fighter 1 / Rogue (Scout/Thug) 4 / Steel Falcon 2 / Chevalier 1

Jervaise continues to wait patiently.


hp 79/79, AC 24/19/15, CMD 29, F: +11, R: +14, W: +12, init: +5, per: +15 Elf Ranger Infiltrator

"Grrraaahhh!" Caelin shouted in frustration as he ducked through the thorns towards the sneaky creature. Or rather, to the point identified by Falling Star, where he began stabbing blindly at what he hoped was the spriggan (and not a very unfortunate rabbit).

Rolls:

Concealment1: 1d100 ⇒ 80
Greatsword 1: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (14) + 13 = 27
Damage 1: 2d6 + 15 ⇒ (1, 6) + 15 = 22
Think that got him!
Concealment 2: 1d100 ⇒ 76
Greatsword 2: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (7) + 8 = 15
Damage 2: 2d6 + 15 ⇒ (6, 3) + 15 = 24


Storyteller extraordinaire

With a force fueled by his anger and frustration, Caelin thrusts his enchanted cold-iron greatsword forwards with a primal yell. To his satisfaction, he feels the blade cut through chainmail links and flesh. The force of the impact is strong enough to push the spriggan outward through the brambles, leaving it hanging on the edge of the huge thorn wall cube like a grotesque scarecrow.

An eerie silence falls over the area. Only the muted buzzing of the still trapped bees and the flutter of wings from a few frightened birds taking flight from the hedges of the rose gardens can be heard.

As the heat of battle gradually leave your bodies, you all feel the aches and pains for countless bee stings and thorn cuts. As you look about you, you witness the destruction wrought by the chaotic panic of the two attacks.

At the gazebo, Elyin cautiously relaxes his guarded stance, but he still grasps his dagger firmly.

We are out of initiative for now. The thorn wall has withstood Goodlucks repeated attempts to dispel it and is still in place, leaving Jervaise and Taecuss trapped within.


Male Half-Elf Fighter 1 / Rogue (Scout/Thug) 4 / Steel Falcon 2 / Chevalier 1

"Well done, lads!", Jervaise bellows from inside the thorn wall.

"Now that the immediate threat is over, would you mind giving me a hand to cut my way out? I seem to be a little stuck, and these thorns are vicious!"

10 minutes of work by one person chops through 1 foot of thorns, so with five of us all helping, it should only take 10 minutes to chop through the 5' to reach Jervaise, so that he can get out without needing to make any more strength checks...


Is it over? Hello? Hello!?! I seem to be... stuck, here.


Male Halfling Inquisitor 8

Meycho looks around to make sure no one is seriously hurt, especially Lumi, then starts hacking away at the thorns with his dagger.


After a few minutes, frightened wedding guests start to emerge from the chapel and the stream to regard the carnage of the assault in
confused shock. Many are nursing painful bee stings and some shiver in their soaked and muddied clothes.

Through the scattered muttering, Elyins voice can be heard. The retired ranger naturally falls into the role of leadership, shouting instructions and directing people.

"Someone fetch some axes. We have to get Jervaise and Taecuss out of this thorny prison."

"Those bees are still trapped underneath the tent. They must not be allowed to escape. Douse the canvas with oil and set it on fire. Be careful that the flames do not spread."

"Anyone who are hurt, report to the chapel. Viviana and her helpers will see to your injuries as best they can."

Before long, the amphitheater is a buzz of frantic activity, with burly men chopping away at the thorn wall and women running to fetch bandages, ointments and fresh water. The tent goes up in flames, subjecting the trapped Taecuss and Jervaise to both heat and smoke, making their wait for freedom even more uncomfortable. Finally, after almost 20 minutes of determined work, they are able to escape their prickly confines.


Once Taecuss and Jervaise are free, the adventurers gather around Elyin in front of the gazebo. They are joined by Lumi and Kailah, who have come out from their hiding place. Both look frightened, Kailah grasping Elyins arm tightly and Lumi staying close to Meycho.

“Look!” Lumi suddenly exclaims, pointing toward town. From the forest an unnatural mist seeps forth, slowly enveloping Bellis and the grove within an eerie, silent wall, cloaking the stunned crowd and obscuring everything beyond twenty feet.


Male Halfling Inquisitor 8

What is this fell sorcery?! Meycho exclaims, drawing his daggers and sending Falling Star aloft. To Lumi, he says softly Stay close to me.


hp 79/79, AC 24/19/15, CMD 29, F: +11, R: +14, W: +12, init: +5, per: +15 Elf Ranger Infiltrator

"That's not good", Caelin muttered to himself as he watched the mist roll forward. He watched for a couple of minutes, trying to judge it's speed, direction and perhaps an origin.
As it spread across the grove, he turned to his new compatriots and raised an eyebrow.
"Looks like this isn't over yet. I want to go find out what's happening and take some vengeance on those responsible. Anybody else up for it?"


"I'll join you. Dis has the smell of somethin' foul about it."


Interesting. Yes, I think I will certainly join you. Elyin, perhaps you can see to the safety of fair Lumi. I believe she may still be in particular peril.

Tae will examine the mist, and cast Detect Magic on it once within 60' of it. Does he have any insights or theories?

Knowledge Arcana 1d20 + 19 ⇒ (16) + 19 = 35
Knowledge Dungeoneering 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (13) + 12 = 25
Knowledge Nature 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (1) + 12 = 13
Knowledge Planes 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (15) + 12 = 27
Knowledge Religion 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (17) + 12 = 29
Perception 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (17) + 11 = 28


The mist seems to be coming from the west, and quickly blankets the entire town. Falling Star is soon forced to return to Meycho, unable to see far enough to fly safely. The only one who is able to pierce the mist is Goodluck, his magically enhanced sight revealing his surroundings clearly, although covered in an eerie greenish glow.

Goodluck only:

The moment the strange mist reaches you, you immediately feel its unnatural nature. For a moment, your vision blurs, and you feel dizzy. You are suddenly aware of a young and beautiful woman with wild green hair dripping wet with seawater, standing just out of your reach. The mists seem to twirl tightly around her, as if to ensnare and smother her. Her face is a mask of cold fury, mixed with anguish. Your gaze locks with hers, and you find yourself staring into a raging maelstrom of crashing waves. Your ears suddenly ring with the raging force of a hurricane, and through the howling winds you hear the woman before you
command: "This foulness seeks to corrupt all that which I hold dear. It must not be allowed to spread, my Chosen!"

Then she is gone, and you find yourself staring through the banks of rolling mist, a sense of foreboding sending shivers down your spine.

Taecuss only:

The mists does not radiate any discernible magical aura, but they certainly do not feel natural.

After listening to your comments, Elyin speaks up:

“It is truly fortunate that you were able to defeat those creatures. I don’t know what’s causing the mist, but it’s really scaring the townsfolk. Everyone would be grateful if you are willing to go and investigate. If Tenzekil’s threats prove true, this could be the beginning of something worse.

There is someone who might know more, though - A druid named Devarre. He lives somewhere west of town, and the mists seem to be coming from that direction. His home is somewhere in the woods, but no one knows exactly where. He usually finds travelers before they find him. I suggest you go and try to contact him. While you’re gone, I will help the council prepare a defense in case an army does march on Bellis.”


I will certainly be willing to go. Despite my eccentricities, I believe I can be useful for such purposes. I have been involved in... difficult circumstances before. With this last comment, Tae absent-mindedly moves his hand to the sharpened stake thrust through his belt.

How far west? Minutes? Hours? Days? Any landmarks nearby we can use, assuming this fog doesn't cover the whole land?

The mist is beyond my experience. It is not magical as would normally be recognized, but it is certainly not natural...

Does anyone need any time before going? Any attention?

Tae status:

Spoiler:

Hit points 34/45.
Dex 13 (from 16). AC now 19.
Con 13 (from 14).
Performance 5 of 25 rounds used.
Spells Remaining: 2 1st, 2 2nd, 0 3rd.


Storyteller extraordinaire

Visibility in the mist:

The mist hinders vision according to the info given below:

Range
* Up to 20 feet - Normal vision
* 21 to 40 feet - Concealment (20% miss chance)
* Beyond 40 feet - Total concealment (50% miss chance)

(This does not apply to Goodluck, who can see normally.)


"A direct journey from Bellis to the area where Devarre has his retreat covers less than 30 miles of forest, but the encroaching fog is likely to slow travel considerably. It is hard to say how long it will take you, and you will likely need all of Caelin's woodcraft to keep from losing your way. If you need supplies or healing before you go, I'm certain that you will be able to find them in town."


With the venom of those swarms still affecting me, I am considerably less effective than I could be. I'd like to go to Bellis proper and see if I can have that addressed. However, if everyone else is ready to go, then I will certainly not waste the time.


Male Half-Elf Fighter 1 / Rogue (Scout/Thug) 4 / Steel Falcon 2 / Chevalier 1

Jervaise stretches gratefully once he is released from the painful embrace of the thorns. However, his joy is short-lived, as the mist starts to envelop the wedding party.

What foul sorcery is this?

He nods when Elyin suggests putting the town on a war footing.

"That would probably be wise. We know not what this portends, but I doubt it means anything good... Although I am still somewhat wounded from the encounters with the 'party-crashers', I for one am willing to go search for this Druid."


Goodluck shakes off the sense of wonder and awe he feels. "I must go to find dis druid."


hp 79/79, AC 24/19/15, CMD 29, F: +11, R: +14, W: +12, init: +5, per: +15 Elf Ranger Infiltrator

Caelin nodded grimly to Elyin and called Aumgwe to land on his shoulder. Making a quick equipment check, he looked around at the others. "I'm ready. Let me know where you want to go first, and I'll do my best to lead you true."


Storyteller extraordinaire

Looks like the general sentiment is to head out as soon as possible. Could you all please specify exactly what you would like to do in town before heading out. Once everyone are ready to go, I'll advance the action.


Goodluck would like to see if there's anyone capable of healing ability damage. Failing that, he'll retrieve his trident from his lodgings and head to the nearest body of water (the creek he was in will work) in order to pray.


While I share everyone's sense of urgency, we may be more effective if someone in town can neutralize the effects of the venom some of us were exposed to. It shouldn't take long, if there is someone who can help.

Do we know anyone? Knowledge Local 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (7) + 12 = 19


Storyteller extraordinaire

On advice from Elyin, you go to the Chapel and seek out Viviana. The priestess of Shelyn has several nasty swollen stings, but seems fully focused on helping those who were unfortunate enough to sustain serious injuries.

As you make your inquiries, she pauses long enough to wipe the sweat from her brow.

"I have expended much of my healing already, but I do have a single restorative spell left that I can cast upon one of you. I also have two scrolls in reserve. I will cast the spell free of charge, since you got your ijuries defending us all. But if you need the scrolls as well, I am afraid I'm going to have to ask you to leave enough gold for me to be able to replace them. Otherwise, we will be ill equipped to deal with another emergency."

That's one lesser restoration for one of you, and the option of two scrolls at 150 gp a piece. Please specify who gets the free spell, and to which ability score, if you have taken damage to more than one.


While I am loathe to take your gifts away from the township, could you please cast your restorative spell on friend Goodluck? I was going to inquire about an appropriate gift for the divine intervention, and will gladly offer 150 gold coins for another effort on my behalf.

Dexterity for Tae. Let's see how effective it is before deciding on the second scroll if that's okay. Marking off 15pp for this.

251 to 300 of 2,032 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / JaceDK's Realm of the Fellnight Queen All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.