Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

RPG Superstar 2015

JaceDK's Realm of the Fellnight Queen (Inactive)

Game Master Jacob Trier

"That fell creature sought to twist our minds, remove our souls, and make us forget what we are, rendering us into nought but crude beasts."
- Jervaise Toppington, Steel Falcon of Andoran


1,101 to 1,150 of 2,032 << first < prev | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | next > last >>

Swim: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (14) + 15 = 29


When Tae realizes that his dive looks nothing like the smooth drops the others are making, he panicks and goes to his most familiar element: the arcane. A single syllable uttered prevents disaster.

Cast Feather Fall on himself.

Status: Hit points 52 of 52. 10 of 25 rounds of performance remaining. 0 1st, 0 2nd and 0 3rd spell slots remain.


hp 79/79, AC 24/19/15, CMD 29, F: +11, R: +14, W: +12, init: +5, per: +15 Elf Ranger Infiltrator

Acrobatics: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (15) + 8 = 23
Swim: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (14) + 9 = 23


Male Halfling Inquisitor 8

Acrobatics: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (9) + 10 = 19
Acrobatics: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 1 = 21


Storyteller extraordinaire

In heroic defiance of Arvormeigh and her Fellnight allies, the heroes dive off the cliff and into the chilling water of the lower pool. Born aloft by his feather fall spell, Taecuss has a majestic view of the area bathed in the last rays of the setting sun.

As he floats gently down, he is able to observe how each of his companions plunges into the pool, only to emerge again moments later, seemingly unharmed save for a few bruises.

The unicorns stand ready at the edge of the water, and as soon as one of the heroes reaches the surface, one of the noble steeds strides forward and allows him to mount. Then, in the blink of an eye, both unicorn and rider vanishes. The unicorns bearing Meycho and Caelin both pause long enough for Falling Star and Aumgwe to swoop down and join their masters before teleporting away.

From atop the cliff, Arvormeigh's voice cries out, her voice carrying a pitch of almost hysteric desperation and rage.
"STOP THEM!! Kill them all! If you allow them to escape with the stones, you will all decorate the Hall of the Punished before the next dawn!"

Only Palombier and one other unicorn remain when Taecuss reaches the ground. From all sides, the spriggans rush , their poisoned darts splashing into the water and bouncing off the thick flanks of the unicorns, who's magic help shield them from the attacks of the wicked creatures.

"Come, elf-friend...let us join the others...the good creatures of the forest have rallied, and they will need our help to rid the woods of these murderous brutes."

As Taecuss reaches up and grasp hold of Palombier's thick mane, the world blurs....

Stay tuned...update coming up.


Storyteller extraordinaire

Carried away by the magic of the unicorns, you abruptly arrive within a forest glade deep in the woods of the Verduran forest. Farie lights illuminate the clearing, dancing between the trees.

A host of woodland creatures of all sorts is gathered in the encampment - wood elves, satyrs, centaurs, sprites and numerous other fey, all clearly armed for war.

Your sudden arrival quickly draws a crowd, although it is clear that several different groups keep to themselves. After letting you all dismount, Palombier introduces you to some of the obvious leaders of the various factions.

"Friends, we have brought the Champions of Bellis to aid us in our struggle." the unicorns says in a firm, commanding voice.

A group of centaurs trot up, led by a grim-looking warrior.

"Champions, meet Oreius Dawnsprinter and the Riders of the Verduran."

Next to the centaurs, a squad of wood elves gather, their camouflaged leather armor making them hard to spot in the twilight. A willowy female watches you curiously with dark, almond shaped eyes, her slender fingers absently stroking a powerful longbow.

"Lielaera Shantru has brought this contingent of rangers from Highgrove Vale."

Fey creatures big and small gather around a handsome satyr and his stunning nymph consort.

"Maligorn and Aripha speak for the reigning Fey Court in the area."

The satyr salutes you with a sweeping bow and a few lighthearted notes from his pipes, while the nymph simply sends you a neutral smile as she runs a hand over one of the satyr's curving horns.

"And finally...a few whom I believe do not need to be introduced to you...

One of the massive oaks rumbles and you recognize Vinroot the treant. Nestled up against his roots is Fira, the surviving dryad from the grove. Next to them, Devarre stands leaning on his staff.


"So, it is official, eh? We got to war against dis Queen?"


"You are quick to presume, human. Nothing is decided. We are gathered here to find the truth behind the wild tales that have flooded the forest these past days, and how best to deal with these so-called Fellnight Fey," the centaur leader snorts.


"Wild tales!? Come to my grove and see the charred remains of my sisters trees for yourself, centaur! These monsters must be stopped at all cost." Fira calls out, her voice choked with anger and sorrow.


hp 79/79, AC 24/19/15, CMD 29, F: +11, R: +14, W: +12, init: +5, per: +15 Elf Ranger Infiltrator

Caelin stared in mute wonder around the glade, doubting that such a gathering had ever taken place before. He took a deep breath and let it out in a slow, silent whistle. He gently stroked Aumgwe's feathers as the bird stamped nervously on his forearm.


Storyteller extraordinaire

"And what of the trees chopped down by the lumberjacks from Bellis? This Queen Rhoswen is fey like us - a creature of the woods. I say let us stand aside, and watch as she expends her fury on the humans. Once her rage has subsided, we can treat with her - the reasons for her imprisonment is lost in the haze of the First World. How cares about them now?" a voice calls from the gathered fey.

Angry shouts rise up from the several sides, and heated arguments break out until Vinroots booming voice cuts through the night air.

Haruum! Enough!...there will be time for all of this at the conclave! Then we shall hear each argument in due time - now be silent, my barks still aches from the noderim!


Male Half-Elf Fighter 1 / Rogue (Scout/Thug) 4 / Steel Falcon 2 / Chevalier 1

Jervaise has the grace to look more than a little uncomfortable in the face of these gathered Fey creatures, unconsciously making sure that his cold iron weapon is properly sheathed...

"When will this conclave take place? I do not hink we will be given much time..."


Taecuss thanks their saviors profusely. He is unusually quiet as the fey argue. Slowly he edges his way over to Vinroot. When he is close, he asks the treant When and where will this conclave be? As Jervaise indicated, time is of the essence.


Devarre steps closer to the group.

"I believe we are only waiting for the last stragglers. It should not be more than a few hours. Until then, I suggest you get off your feet. Come, there is food and a hot fire nearby. I am eager to hear what you found at Dead Man's Drop, as I suspect are the leaders of the various factions," he says.

Devarre motions for you to join him as he begins to move towards an area lit by several cookfires. On the way there, he adds in a discreet tone.

"As you have probably gathered, there is far from a consensus on how to deal with this situation. Getting the different groups of the forest, including races as frivolous as the fey, and as proud and stubborn as the centaurs, to agree on anything, let alone unite as a fighting force, is no easy task. Your experiences and actions these past few may put you in a unique position. Fira has been spreading the tale of how you rescued her and Palombier, and Vinroot also speaks favorably of you - as do I, of course. I would urge you to address the conclave, once it is gathered."


Male Halfling Inquisitor 8

Meycho's eyes are full of awe at seeing the gathered fey, but soon get a hint of worry and concern when it becomes apparent that some of the fey may not want to fight the Fellnight Queen.

To those of you who suggest waiting till the "queen" has finished off the humans, remember this: They burned down homes belonging to dryads, fey like themselves. They will not stop at eliminating the "foreign" presence of humans, and once they are done with Bellis, they will be even stronger and singly devoted to revenging their imprisonment. Because you may have forgotten the reason for her imprisonment, but she clearly hasn't.


Male Half-Elf Fighter 1 / Rogue (Scout/Thug) 4 / Steel Falcon 2 / Chevalier 1

Jervaise nods gravely.

"Between us, we have a lot of military experience, and a fair bit of experience of the depredations of this 'Queen's' forces. I still think it fair to point out ahead of time, though, that I at least will be urging for action to be taken. From what I have seen, she simply seeks to destroy, and I doubt will make much distinction between the Fey and non-Fey who get in her way..."


Storyteller extraordinaire

Right now, it's just you and Devarre and a few others. I figured you might want the opportunity to explore the camp, talk to Devarre and learn a little about the individual groups - but if you want to fast-forward to the conclave, let me know.


When the others have largely cleared away, Taecuss will approach Devarre.

I think you should know, we did experience some success in our mission. I have a number of items in my enchanted pack that she would be most distressed to know are no longer in her minions hands.


"I thought I sensed something from you, elf." someone says, before Devarre can answer.

Turning, you see it is Maligorn the Satyr leader, who has lingered in the shadows close to the group. He steps forward and motions to Tae's haversack.

"I think we had best take a look at what you are carrying in that magic pack of yours. Whatever it is, it carries a strong tint of First World magic."


Is there somewhere private we can go?


"That may be a wise precaution. Come, there is a tent nearby we can use."

Maligorn leads you all, including Devarre, to a pavilion tent big enough to fit you all. After ushering out a few pixies engaged in some elaborate game involving wild forest apples and empty wine jugs, he draws the opening shut and sweeps a table in the center of the tent clear of knocked over wine goblets and half-eaten food.

"Well, you have a tale to tell and treasures to display - which will it be first? he says, picking up one of the goblets and filling it from a nearby cask.


"Treasure." Tae replies. He pulls a single ward stone from his pack and places it on the table. "And many more along with it."


Maligorn's eyes narrow at the sight of the stone. He regards it carefully for a moment, then picks it up carefully and turns it over in his hands.

This is not treasure. This answers some questions, but poses may others. You see, Queen Rhoswen's Fellnight Realm is a relatively small demi-plane which borders Golarion, the First World and the Shadow Plane. Natives of the Fellnight Realm, like Queen Rhoswen and her minions, find themselves bound by the faengard, a prison-like hedge of wardstones - wardstones like this one - anchoring them to the demiplane. They are only able to cross to other planes where such wardstones also exist. Only, they cannot touch or move these stones directly - doing so would cause them great pain, and burn them horribly. As such, their only means of escape lies in convincing outsiders to take the stones back with them, thereby giving Fellnight creatures access to their world.

He puts the stone back on the table and sends you a suspicious look.

So...how is it that you happen to be carrying these stones, just as our woods are swarming with Fellnight fey?

The unspoken accusation hangs in the air like a tangible thing.


Oblivious to the implied accusation, Taecuss answers with excitment.

"We learned of them from Devarre just a day ago. In that time, we confronted the Fellnight Queen's minions and won them back, recovering them from a secret cave below a waterfall."

Taecuss seems proud that they were able to make such progress in so little time.


"He speaks the truth, Maligorn. I sent these lads to the falls not a day past - and the Fellnight fey have been causing trouble for longer than that."

He turns to Tae.

"There is still the question of how the stones ended up in that cave. None of the Fellnight Queen's minions should have been able to touch them - she must have had out side help."


hp 79/79, AC 24/19/15, CMD 29, F: +11, R: +14, W: +12, init: +5, per: +15 Elf Ranger Infiltrator

Caelin interrupted as a thought struck him. "That bleaching gnome from the wedding?

He eyed his apologies for the interjection and bowed slightly to Tae.


"He does seem to be pretty involved wit' dis. He was in de mob dat attacked on de hill, before de unicorns saved us."


With a thoughtful look, Taecuss replies"That hadn't dawned on me, Caelin, but that would make sense. He was deeply love sick, and that can make a soul do things they would normally never consider. Even it was to their detriment, or the detriment of others."

For the benefit of the satyr, Taecuss will take a moment to recap the events at the wedding surrounding the gnome, from the time he arrived to the time we set out from the town.


"A bleachling gnome, you say? That would make sense - gnomes are children of the First World, after all, and more likely than most other creatures to stumble across places where the borders of the Fellnight realm would intersect with this one. And the Bleaching does strange things to the gnomes...It is possible that the Fellnight Queen or her minions somehow persuaded him to remove the stones. But that is of little consequence...the faengard must be restored! We will need to discuss this at the conclave."

Maligorn turns and exits the tent in a rush, paying you no further heed.


Devarre shakes his head at the leaving satyr.

"Discuss it at the conclave...bicker and argue, he means. The fey can't even agree amongst themselves, let alone reach a common understanding with the elves and centaurs - and all of Avistan will be awash with spriggans before the treants muster a united voice."

He looks weary, obviously tired from the events of the past few days.

"I have done what I can to reason with the leaders of the various factions, but I doubt I will be able to move them closer to agreeing on a course of action. I believe you should address the conclave and tell your story to the whole gathering, just as you told it now. You must emphasize the cruelty and ferocity of the Fellnight fey, and the danger they pose. Only if the whole conclave acts united can we hope to seal off the Fellnight Realm again. Palombier, Fira, Vinroot and myself will do what we can to support you by bearing witness to your acts of bravery, but you must convince them. Will you do this?"


Storyteller extraordinaire

Your move, guys. If you don't feel like talking any further with Devarre or doing anything else, let me know and I'll fast-forward to the conclave.


Taecuss will ask Devarre "Do you know what we would have to do to put the stones back into place? Is a ritual required, or is just placing them where they go enough? How do we know where they go? Will it banish the fey that have come across since it was opened?"

Also...

"Is there someplace we can rest before the conclave? I fear I have become somewhat exhausted from the events of the day."

That's all Tae has before going foward to the conclave.


"I suspect that it would be necessary to journey into the Fellnight Realm itself to repair the faengard. And such potent magic would most likely require a ritual of some sort. Maligorn and some of the other fey will know more. In any event, I doubt it will banish the Fellnight fey already here - they will have to be dealt with through force. The assembled warriors present here should be able to handle them, but if the entire army of the Fellnight Queen is allowed to escape, it will be another matter...

Devarre motions to the food and drink in the tent.

"I expect the conclave will be called in a matter of hours - until then, you are welcome to rest here. If any of you are injured, the unicorns and other healers will attend you, and if you need anything, just ask. I will come for you once the conclave is about to begin."

You can adjust your current hp to full, and erase any non-lethal damage you might have taken. Also, you have the opportunity to adjust your equipment, or perhaps have magic items identified, if you have any of those. There will not be enough time to recover spells, however. I'll make a new post in a bit to mark the beginning of the conclave.


Storyteller extraordinaire

For the next couple of hours, you are able to enjoy the comforts of the tent and the surrounding mess area. From time to time, curious fey, along with a few elves and centaurs, drop by to inquire if you need anything, bring you food, healing or to simply stare at you, but mostly you are left to your own devices.

A few hours after nightfall, Devarre and Palombier come by to escort you to a large clearing where the conclave is to take place. A huge bon-fire has been lit at the foot of a small hill in the middle of the forest, and all around the woodland warriors are gathered.

The conclave army numbers nearly 100, including centaurs, elves, half-elves, and a few nymphs, pixies, satyrs, treants and unicorns. A number of non-combatants have also gathered to watch. Tiny childlike fey known as petals flutter around with grigs and pseudodragons, all under the stern and watchful eyes of thorns armed with bramble longswords and pixie archers.

As you make your way into the light, Palombier calls out with a loud and commanding voice.

"Children of the forest! We are gathered to discuss how to meet the threat posed by the Fellnight Queen and her minions, escaped into this world from their timeless prison. Before we begin, I would have you all listen to these brave heroes. They have faced the Fellnight warriors in battle more than any of us here, and several of us here owe them our lives. Heed their words carefully..."

The scene is yours. In order to convince the conclave to act united in a coordinated effort against the Fellnight Queen, you must succeed in a series of Diplomacy checks. One of you (probably Taecuss) will take the lead, and the rest of you can attempt to Aid Another. I'll also add additional modifiers based on your past actions. Roll away, and add corresponding RP - I'll update and describe the effect of you rolls as we go along.


Oblivious to the tension in the gathering and the stakes at risk, Taecuss smiles as he stands and takes the floor. He does not stand at the front of the room and address them as an audience. Rather, he walks among them as he speaks.

"Good folk, thank you for letting us join you this day. I know that this land is your charge, and has been for untold seasons, and we are just newcomers to it. Each of you has been capable of taking care of yourselves for so long now with the gifts that you bear." He pauses in from of a warrior and a pixie archer, meeting their gaze. "When a threat presents itself, it is simple for you to melt into nature, and strike at your leisure. After all, how much damage can a few trolls or orcs do before you pick them off with your hunters' skills?" He walks on.

"But this threat is different than most. It is not individuals or small bands that you can allow to roam while you cut them down. It is not coarse barbarians incapable of understanding the finesse with which you combat them. It is a very different threat."

He walks towards some of the noncombatants present, the petals, grigs and psuedo dragons. "The forces that are surging through the portal from the Fellnight Realm are legion and they won't be so easily fooled. Certainly you could continue to act alone, survive, and strike out at their numbers. But they may be fortunate and in their numbers overwhelm you. And in the effort to slowly diminish their strength..." He stops in from of the non-combatants and looks at them mournfully. ...Much that is fragile and irreplaceable could be lost." He pauses before the innocent creatures, leaving no doubt as to what he is suggesting.

Then he turns away with a broad smile. "But all is not hopeless. You have numbers gathered here, warriors that can deal with those that have already emerged, if it is done with your combined might. " He reaches into his satchel and pulls forth a ward stone. "And we have these! With these we can stop the flow of the Queen's forces. We can keep the remaining host in their prison where they can do no harm."

Having circled most of the gathering, Taecuss returns to his companions. "I am no warrior, but I have the fortune of having quested with these fine champions. They can tell you more about the nature of the threat before us."

With that, Taecuss gives a meaningful raise of the eyebrow to his friends. Anyone want to throw out an assist?

Diplomacy 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (3) + 13 = 16

Did I mention that I tend to have poor luck on my dice rolls?


Male Halfling Inquisitor 8

Meycho stands up, clearing his voice, I am no great orator, and I will not try to persuade you through clever talk. But know this: the Fellnight hate you! Pure and simple. They will not leave you be and turn on us Outsiders alone, for they will punish you for the many years of imprisonment. They have already killed several dryads, and they will not stop there. So unite, or be destroyed.

With that he sits down again, hoping to have made at least a little impact on the assembled fey.

Aid another: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18


Storyteller extraordinaire

From the scattered mutterings and stern looks, it does not seem like Tae has much luck winning the trust of the crowd.

Let's give people a chance to assist before I post further reactions.


Goodluck steps to stand beside his friends. "My name is Goodluck K'Tango, and I serve Gozreh. I cam here to de woods to visit a frien' and see to his wedding. We were attacked without provocation by a bleachling gnome and his bees, den by thorny fae. The bleachling claimed dat he served a Queen Rhoswen and when she came all would die. We heard more about dis from a nixie, who told us dis without prompting. She attacked us, and when we subdued her, she spoke of de Queen's hate for dis land and her imprisonment. Twice now I have heard of dis Queen's hate and plans for destruction and death. I have no reason to lie to you; I gain nothing by placing my life in danger. My comrades are honorable; dey have no reason to lie. You can believe us or not; but you'd better make your plans. Rhoswen is coming and she is angry." Goodluck looks around and meets every being's eyes straight and plainly, without anger or pride. Then he nods and returns to standing beside his friends.

Diplomacy 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6

I guess they're distracted by the barnacles. I really need to get a better PR agent...


Storyteller extraordinaire

Jervaise, Caelin? Every little bit matters here.


When his empassioned speech fails to bring the expected outcry of unity and purpose that Taecuss believe was inevitable, his gaze becomes almost pleading to his peers. Perhaps words from fellow seasoned warriors might be more persuasive...

Jervaise, Caelin?


Storyteller extraordinaire

I just PM'ed this to Jervaise and Caelin, but it goes for everyone (including me).

GM JaceDk wrote:

Hey there,

Still with us? I'd really like for all players to post during the conclave, just to show that they you are all following. It is a bit of a turning point of the module.

You don't have to adress the conclave if you don't feel like it, just a couple of words to show the flag.

/GM Jace


Moving on - the check has failed.

Before Caelin and Jervaise get a chance to speak up, the leader of the wood elves calls out.

"I do not doubt the danger posed by the Fellnight Queen - only the advice of these so-called heroes. We elves of the woods are masters of ambush and skirmish - let these wicked creatures come, I say. We will not blunder blindly through the mists from one fight to the next. The Queen's forces will find themselves riddled with arrows before they spot a single one of us."


"Where were you and your precious archers when the spriggans cut down the threes of my sisters and fed them to the flames? These five heroes have done more to oppose these evil invaders than all the rest of you combined!" Fira the dryad shouts angrily.


"Haruum, little one...you grief sharpens your words, but there is truth in them. Our frinds here have both courage, wisdom and strength, that much is certain." Vinroot puffs, gently laying a comforting gnarled fist on Fira's shoulder.


"Well, it is strength and courage we will need - courage to face the enemy head on, and not hide in the bushes and treetops."


As the discussion goes on, Taecuss subtly makes his way over to Devarre. He'll quietly ask Who here, if anyone, would know what we need to do to restore the ward stones? With or without their aid, we must stem the flow of darkness."


Devarre shakes his head and leans closer as more bickering erupts.

"As I feared - they are firmly entrenched in their own petty squabbles and beliefs. Do not lose heart - you may make them listen to reason yet."

Give me another diplomacy check - you need to make five checks in total before you fail two more.


Desparate to focus the group into common ground, Taecuss speaks up again after Oreius. "There is no lack of strength and courage here, my friend. It is merely a disagreement on the best tactics to use. After all, I don't believe there is a person here that disagrees with that! We certainly all have that in common, do we not?"

Diplomacy 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (14) + 13 = 27


Storyteller extraordinaire

Another friendly, but firm nudge from the GM.


Given the number of people in my PbP games who have indicated that they're travelling this week or the next, this might simply be the season of summer vacations away from internet access. It might be wise to give it a few days or a week to gather all vacationers back.

1,101 to 1,150 of 2,032 << first < prev | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / JaceDK's Realm of the Fellnight Queen All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.