Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

PaizoCon 2014!

JaceDK's Realm of the Fellnight Queen (Inactive)

Game Master Jacob Trier

"That fell creature sought to twist our minds, remove our souls, and make us forget what we are, rendering us into nought but crude beasts."
- Jervaise Toppington, Steel Falcon of Andoran


901 to 950 of 2,032 << first < prev | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | next > last >>

hp 79/79, AC 24/19/15, CMD 29, F: +11, R: +14, W: +12, init: +5, per: +15 Elf Ranger Infiltrator

Caelin growled as the second elemental appeared and the trio ganged up on Goodluck.

Desperate to save the Mwangi oracle, the elf pulled out a length of silk rope and quickly tied a lasso knot. As he did so, he whistled for Aumgwe to retreat back to his side.

I'd like to try and lasso Goodluck's body and drag him to shore. Not sure of the actions required. Let me know if I need to make a ranged attack. My arrows aren't going to do much to the elementals or nixie, and I can't cross the water.


Remember me as a peacemaker...


Storyteller extraordinaire

Well, Jervaise still has the rope and grappling hook you used to climb the ravine hanging from his pack. I'll allow you to grab that as a move action and try to get the hook to catch on Goodlucks armor with a ranged touch attack vs AC 10. Remember that a grappling hook has 10 ft range increments.


hp 79/79, AC 24/19/15, CMD 29, F: +11, R: +14, W: +12, init: +5, per: +15 Elf Ranger Infiltrator

Ok, a bit of retcon to my last post

Desperate to save the Mwangi oracle, the elf stepped up to Jervaise and pulled off the rope and grappling hook hanging from the half-elf's pack. He quickly swung the hook, and tried to lob it through the mist and grab Goodluck's floating body.

Roll:

Concealment miss chance on 1-20: 1d100 ⇒ 45
Ranged touch, 25ft away, vs AC 10: 1d20 + 10 - 4 ⇒ (4) + 10 - 4 = 10

As the hook sailed through the air, Caelin thought it was going to land wide of the mark. He hopped on one foot and tilted his head, trying to alter the course of the throw through sympathetic movement. As it plopped down on his poor companion, Caelin yelled out his relief. "Yes!"

Whew. Had to use some body-elven to make that throw land.


Storyteller extraordinaire

Congratulations, you hooked him. Now you just gotta haul him in. I'd say it's a full-round action to pull him the 25 ft. Other PC's are free to help.


Male Half-Elf Fighter 1 / Rogue (Scout/Thug) 4 / Steel Falcon 2 / Chevalier 1

Assuming the things in the water are not making any hostile moves...

Jervaise drops his sling when Goodluck goes down, and moves to assist Caelin hauling him in.


Male Human Writer 2/Dreamer 7
Jervaise Toppington wrote:
Assuming the things in the water are not making any hostile moves...

Considering that those things in the water just beat the living daylight out of Goodluck and are quite clearly intent on giving the same treatment to the rest of you, I'd say thats a fairly optimistic assumption. But, let's see what happens, shall we? Tae is up. Oh, and Top 16 was as far as I went in RPG Superstar this time around. So I'll be a fair bit less distracted from here on out.


Male Half-Elf Fighter 1 / Rogue (Scout/Thug) 4 / Steel Falcon 2 / Chevalier 1

Well, they backed off from the shore line, and you did not mention them trying to stop us retrieving Goodluck... In that case, ignore my last post :-)


No! Tae cries out when Goodluck falls. As the others are working to draw him in, the frog-like form of Tae leaps into the water. With a powerful kick of his webbed feet, he comes up along side of Goodluck and casts a quick spell.

Move to F22 and cast Cure Light Wounds on Goodluck.

Healing 1d8 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12


Storyteller extraordinaire

Tae, since I haven't posted an updated map, I feel it is only fair to ask: Are you aware that the square you indicated is adjacent to one of the water elementals and that you will draw an AoO unless you attempt to cast defensively?


I didn't realize that, thanks!

Cast defensively concentration check, DC 17. 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (19) + 10 = 29


Storyteller extraordinaire
Taecuss dyn Bru wrote:

I didn't realize that, thanks!

Cast defensively concentration check, DC 17. 1d20+10

Great. Update coming up. Remember, you are also bleeding and take 3 bleed dmg at the start of your turn until treated or healed magically.


Storyteller extraordinaire

GM rolls:

A: Attack 1d20 + 11 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 11 + 2 = 27
Dmg 1d4 + 3d6 ⇒ (4) + (1, 2, 3) = 10

Dead Mans Drop - round 6

Action:
In a desperate effort to save Goodluck, Taecuss hurls himself into the water. Ducking under the reach of the towering water elemental, the elf-turned-boggard swims up and stems the flow of blood with his magic. Goodlucks eyes pop open, as he finds himself lying on the water surface, a grappling hook caught on his armor and enemies on all sides.

Just then, another puff of thick mist obscures the entire area.

Goodluck and Taecuss:

The nixie is not about to let Taecuss interfere unpunished. She glides swiftly through the water and jabs at the boggard Taecuss with her shortsword. The point of the blade slides between two ribs, cutting int the vital organs beneath. Taecuss, 10 dmg - you still bleed 3 hp at the beginning of each turn.

Whatever is going on in the pool is hidden from the heroes on land, but suddenly Taecuss's boggard voice croaks a sharp yelp of pain.

Meycho is up. You can't see any of the creatures in the pool, but the silk rope attached to Goodluck juts out of the mist to where Caelin is holding it taunt.

Initiative:
Nixie: 11-1 (acted)
Meycho/Falling Star: 11-2
Water elementals: 11-3
Jervaise: 11-4
Goodluck: 11-5
Caelin/Aumgwe: 11-6
Taecuss: 8

Vision
Thick mist: Obscures all sight, including darkvision, beyond 5 feet. A creature 5 feet away has concealment (attacks have a 20% miss chance). Creatures farther away have total concealment (50% miss chance, and the attacker cannot use sight to locate the target).


hp 79/79, AC 24/19/15, CMD 29, F: +11, R: +14, W: +12, init: +5, per: +15 Elf Ranger Infiltrator

"Help me with this rope! Everyone, back to the shore!"


Realizing his peril, Goodluck slips beneath the waves, withdrawing straight down into the pool, using his fluid travel power.


Storyteller extraordinaire

Goodluck, I would prefer if you wait until your initiative count to post your action. Normally, posting out of turn is fine and speeds up play, but with the current situation, things are likely to change to the point where you have to ret-con your action anyway.


Male Half-Elf Fighter 1 / Rogue (Scout/Thug) 4 / Steel Falcon 2 / Chevalier 1

Jervaise moves to assist Caelin with the rope...

Strength check: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (16) + 6 = 22.


Male Halfling Inquisitor 8

Sorry, busy at EPT.

Meycho, seeing the peril of the situation, is momentarily unsure what to do, but then launches another cold iron arrow at the evil fey, while ordering Falling Star to attack the nearest water elemental.

- Falling Star -
Attack (charge): 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (3) + 9 = 12
Damage: 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4

- Meycho -
Attack: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (10) + 16 = 26
Damage: 1d6 + 2d6 + 4 ⇒ (4) + (2, 2) + 4 = 12


Storyteller extraordinaire

Meycho, the vision level has changed due to a new puff of mist. Neither you or Falling Star have line of sight to the nixie.


Male Halfling Inquisitor 8

Meycho readies to shoot if the nixie appears again.


Storyteller extraordinaire

GM rolls:

E1:
Slam 1 1d20 + 8 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 8 + 2 + 1 = 18 Vs Tae (AC 21) (miss)
dmg 1d8 + 5 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 5 + 1 = 10 (n/a)
Miss chance (1-20 misses] 1d100 ⇒ 73 (not relevant)

Slam 2 1d20 + 8 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 8 + 2 + 1 = 16 Vs Tae (AC 21) (miss)
dmg 1d8 + 5 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 5 + 1 = 14 [n/a)
Miss chance (1-20 misses] 1d100 ⇒ 24 (not relevant)

E2:
Slam 1 1d20 + 8 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 8 + 2 + 1 = 25 vs Goodluck (AC 18) (hit)
dmg 1d8 + 5 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 5 + 1 = 8 (applies)
Miss chance (1-20 misses] 1d100 ⇒ 23 (not relevant)

Slam 1 1d20 + 8 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 8 + 2 + 1 = 31 vs Goodluck (AC 18) (hit - possible crit)
dmg 1d8 + 5 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 5 + 1 = 13 (applies)
Miss chance (1-20 misses] 1d100 ⇒ 91 (not relevant)

Crit confirmation 1d20 + 8 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 8 + 2 + 1 = 15 vs Goodluck (AC 18) (crit not confirmed)
dmg 1d8 + 5 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 5 + 1 = 7 (n/a)

Disclaimer: I've stretched myself to the very limit on this one in an attempt to strike a balance between running the monsters fairly and not killing you guys. I'm making the assumption that Taecuss has no desire to remain in the water with two hostile water elementals and a pissed off nixie and grabs on to the rope as Jervaise and Caelin pull Goodluck's battered body to the shore. Please note in the future, that if you place yourself in a high-risk situation, I will do my utmost to kill you. You have been warned.

Goodluck and Taecuss:

Both of the massive water elementals lash out at you, taking advantage of you exposed position with the nixie harassing your flanks. The one closes to the waterfall smashes twice at Taecuss, but both blows deflect off his armor.

Goodluck is not so lucky, being far more exposed where he lies prone on the water surface. Both slams smash into his already broken body, sending him deep into unconsciousness. Goodluck, you take a total of 21 dmg. If my calculations are correct, that puts you on -11 hp, meaning that if you don't make your stabilization roll or get healed before your next turn, you are dead.

On the shore, Meycho, Jervaise and Caelin can only listen in horror at the sound of Goodluck's screams mixing with the sounds of heavy impact. Pulling on the rope with all your might, you heave until the shattered form of Goodluck scrapes onto the shore. The barnacles covering Mwangi oracle have been smashed to sharp shards that are driven into his flesh, and all his limbs are twisted in unnatural angles.

Taecuss, bleeding heavily but conscious, hangs on to the rope for dear life, blood flowing freely from a stab-wound in his side.

Taecuss, your turn, then we move on to round 7. Please post a hp total, and remember to factor in your bleed damage.

Edit: Here are your relative positions on the shore. You are unable to see beyond 5 ft. MAP


Stabilization roll: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 1 = 11


Male Half-Elf Fighter 1 / Rogue (Scout/Thug) 4 / Steel Falcon 2 / Chevalier 1

Jervaise glances worriedly at Goodluck and Taecuss.

"Tend to them."

He then picks up his lucerne hammer again, and prepares to hit either the Nixie or the Elementals if they come within reach...


Round 6
As they pull him to shore, Taecuss stands and casts a spell on himself.

Cure Light Wounds 1d8 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10

Hit points 11 of 52. 15 of 25 rounds of performance remaining. 0 1st, 2 2nd and 2 3rd spell slots remain.

DM

Spoiler:

Round 3, 39 hit points.
Round 4, 17 hit points (19 damage plus 3 bleed).
Round 5, 14 hit points (3 bleed).
Round 6, 1 hit point (10 damage plus 3 bleed)


Storyteller extraordinaire

Taecuss, do you maintain the countersong performance? If so, give me a perform roll. Also, upon re-reading the nixie's lure ability, I realized that I had played it wrong in targeting Caelin only. It is an area-effect that affects all who can hear it.


hp 79/79, AC 24/19/15, CMD 29, F: +11, R: +14, W: +12, init: +5, per: +15 Elf Ranger Infiltrator

So, we're starting round 7, and if Goodluck isn't healed before his initiative position, he dies, right?


Storyteller extraordinaire

Round 7 is indeed coming up. Now, as that the state of Poor Goodluck's health. If you want that kind of information, I would suggest investing in a level of cleric and praying for the deathwatch spell. Otherwise, you can make a heal check or read my description and act accordingly ;-)


GM JaceDK wrote:
Taecuss, do you maintain the countersong performance? If so, give me a perform roll. Also, upon re-reading the nixie's lure ability, I realized that I had played it wrong in targeting Caelin only. It is an area-effect that affects all who can hear it.

Thanks, yes! Performance Singing 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (1) + 14 = 15

Edit: Not that will likely help much...


Storyteller extraordinaire

GM rolls:

A: CMW 2d8 + 3 ⇒ (2, 8) + 3 = 13

Dead Mans Drop - round 7

Action:
All sight is obscure beyond your tight formation. With most of the ambient noise filtered by the mist, only the strangely muffled sound of the waterfalls can be heard, along with the wet, sucking sound of Goodluck trying to breathe air into collapsed lungs.

No sight or sound of movement from the pool reach the shore.

Meycho is up.

Initiative:
Nixie: 11-1 (acted)
Meycho/Falling Star: 11-2
Water elementals: 11-3
Jervaise: 11-4
Goodluck: 11-5
Caelin/Aumgwe: 11-6
Taecuss: 8

Vision
Thick mist: Obscures all sight, including darkvision, beyond 5 feet. A creature 5 feet away has concealment (attacks have a 20% miss chance). Creatures farther away have total concealment (50% miss chance, and the attacker cannot use sight to locate the target).


Male Halfling Inquisitor 8

Seeing Goodluck in such a terrible state through the mists, Meycho moves up, invokes a healing prayer and lays hands on his fallen comrade.

Cure Serious Wounds: 3d8 + 7 ⇒ (6, 6, 2) + 7 = 21


Storyteller extraordinaire

The healing gift of Meycho's elven patron pulls Goodluck back from the very brink of death. His eyes open to take in the mist-covered surroundings and the concerned expressions of his companions.

Goodluck:

Turning your head towards the pool, you spot the nixie discarding an empty potion vial. She has dropped back down into the water, so only her head is above the surface. All trace of injury on her body has healed.

The two water elementals both slide forward towards the shore, stopping only a couple of feet from where the group is standing. As one, they transform into two separate churning whirlpools, waiting to snatch up anyone venturing into the pool.

MAP

Jervaise hefts his polearm and stands guard, but no threats emerge from the mist. Only the sound of splashing water.

Jervaise, I have you on a readied action. Goodluck, you are up. You are prone and weaponless, your trident lying somewhere on the bottom of the pool.


Storyteller extraordinaire

Bump - waiting for Goodluck.


Goodluck, where are they!?! I have an enchantment to try that may turn the tide!

No pun intended...


Storyteller extraordinaire

I'm posting Goodluck's actions to move us along.

Goodluck casts a healing spell on himself, then stands up. He takes a step back and points into the mist. 5 ft step to F26 - Cure Serious Wounds 3d8 + 7 ⇒ (6, 5, 7) + 7 = 25

"Dem water elementals is lurkin' just off the shore, about five feet from da edge. Dey is in whirlpool form. Da nixie is behind them to the south-west, about 25 feet from you."

Goodluck hp status: 35/50. Caelin, Aumgwe and Taecuss are up.


Sorry, Goodluck has weekends and rarely checks threads on them.


Storyteller extraordinaire
Goodluck K'tango wrote:
Sorry, Goodluck has weekends and rarely checks threads on them.

No worries - Just want to avoid too long quiet periods, especially during combat. If you disagree with the actions I took on your behalf, we can ret-con easily.


hp 79/79, AC 24/19/15, CMD 29, F: +11, R: +14, W: +12, init: +5, per: +15 Elf Ranger Infiltrator

Caelin whistles Aumgwe back to his side, steps a bit southward along the shore and keeps his bow trained into the mist.

"Let me know if you can come up with any ideas that don't involve swimming, he mumbled grimly.

Spread out a bit and ready an action to shoot anything I can see.


Tae will cast Confusion. He'll target it based on Goodluck's guidance, trying to get the Nixie, and then one or both of the elementals with her. He'll err on the side of not including any party members. Do you need me to pick the exact spot, or is that good enough?


Storyteller extraordinaire

The radius of the spell is sufficient for you to catch all three and still exclude the party, so no need to pick a spot. I will need a Caster Level check for the nixie's spell resistance, though. Oh, and a perform check if you maintain your countersong.

GM rolls:

Will saves:
A: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7 - fail
E1: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 = 22 - pass
E2: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8 - fail

A: 1d100 ⇒ 24 - act normally
E2 1d100 ⇒ 82 - Attack nearest creature - 1= nixie, 2= elemental 1d2 ⇒ 2


Thanks!

Round 7.

Tae casts Confusion on the foes (DC 17 Will save), hoping to make them fall upon themselves, or at least emerge from the water where the fight would be more even.

Nixie SR roll: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (20) + 9 = 29.

He stays in his current position.

He maintains his bardic performance to distract. 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (7) + 13 = 20

Status: Hit points 11 of 52. 14 of 25 rounds of performance remaining. 0 1st, 2 2nd and 1 3rd spell slots remain.


hp 79/79, AC 24/19/15, CMD 29, F: +11, R: +14, W: +12, init: +5, per: +15 Elf Ranger Infiltrator

Good spell for the situation! I trust your judgement in all matters! :-)


Storyteller extraordinaire

GM only:

A+ E2: confusion expires round 14

Dead Mans Drop - round 8

Action:
The mist still covers the entire area, and only Goodluck is able to see what transpires in the water.

Through the fog, you hear the beckoning voice of the nixie: "Come to me, foolish heroes. Come and join me." However, the sound of Taecuss's croaking song effectively neutralizes the magic lure, and none of you feel compelled to move into the water.

Goodluck only:

You see the nixie appear confused for a moment. Then she seems to gather her wits and swims back towards the rocks in the middle of the pool to calls out.

Meycho and Falling Star is up.

Initiative:
Nixie: 11-1 (acted)
Meycho/Falling Star: 11-2
Water elementals: 11-3
Jervaise: 11-4
Goodluck: 11-5
Caelin/Aumgwe: 11-6
Taecuss: 8

Vision:
Thick mist: Obscures all sight, including darkvision, beyond 5 feet. A creature 5 feet away has concealment (attacks have a 20% miss chance). Creatures farther away have total concealment (50% miss chance, and the attacker cannot use sight to locate the target).


Male Halfling Inquisitor 8

Seeing Taecus' wounds, Meycho moves to him and uses his healing magic.

Cure Moderate Wounds: 2d8 + 7 ⇒ (7, 5) + 7 = 19


Storyteller extraordinaire

GM Rolls:

E1: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (11) + 8 = 19
E1: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (11) + 8 = 19

E2: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (17) + 8 = 25, dmg 1d8 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7

From the mist, you suddenly hear the splashing rise to a higher, more erratic level. No one but Goodluck is able to see what is happening, though.

Goodluck:

You see the elemental to the south suddenly veer into the other elemental, their vortex forms tearing at each other. The other elemental manages to disentangle itself and withdraw to the center of the pool. The confused elemental remains in position a few feet off the shore.

Rest of the group is up.


Round 8.

Taecuss nods in thanks to Meycho for the healing spell. An embarrassed smile shows that he acknowledges the wounds were from being reckless, and he quietly vows to be more responsible going forward.

He maintains his bardic performance to distract. 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (18) + 13 = 31

He will ready his bow and an arrow (two move actions because they are in his haversack).

Status: Hit points 30 of 52. 13 of 25 rounds of performance remaining. 0 1st, 2 2nd and 1 3rd spell slots remain.


Goodluck hp status: 35/50

Goodluck sighs as he looks down at his mostly intact body. "Dem elementals pack a punch, lads! Maybe I ken try and get 'em gone?" Goodluck begins casting Dispel Magic on the elementals.

Dispel Check: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (20) + 7 = 27 vs an elemental


Male Half-Elf Fighter 1 / Rogue (Scout/Thug) 4 / Steel Falcon 2 / Chevalier 1

Jervaise continues to maintain his ready.


hp 79/79, AC 24/19/15, CMD 29, F: +11, R: +14, W: +12, init: +5, per: +15 Elf Ranger Infiltrator

Caelin breathed a bit easier as Goodluck and Tae received healing, but he kept his eyes towards the water and his bow ready.


Storyteller extraordinaire

Goodluck:

You cast your spell at the closest elemental, but see no apparent effect.

Dispel would not be able to force elementals away, regardless of how they got to the material plane. In order to do that, you need dismissal or a similar spell.

Ok, round summary:
The nixie used her lure, but was countered by Taecuss
Meycho healed Tae
The elementals did something only Goodluck could see
Goodluck cast dispel magic on an elemental.
Jervaise, Taecuss and Caelin readied attacks.

Fresh round coming up shortly.


Storyteller extraordinaire

GM Rolls:

A: 1d100 ⇒ 24
E2: 1d100 ⇒ 65

Dead Mans Drop - round 9

Action:
The mist still covers the entire area, and only Goodluck is able to see what transpires in the water.

Through the fog, you hear the nixie call in the gurgling aquatic language, then more splashing.

Goodluck:
You see the nixie dive under the water towards the bottom of the pool.

Meycho and Falling Star are up.

Initiative:
Nixie: 11-1 (acted)
Meycho/Falling Star: 11-2
Water elementals: 11-3
Goodluck: 11-5
Jervaise: readied action
Caelin/Aumgwe: readied action
Taecuss: readied action

Vision:
Thick mist: Obscures all sight, including darkvision, beyond 5 feet. A creature 5 feet away has concealment (attacks have a 20% miss chance). Creatures farther away have total concealment (50% miss chance, and the attacker cannot use sight to locate the target).

901 to 950 of 2,032 << first < prev | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / JaceDK's Realm of the Fellnight Queen All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.