Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends


JaceDK's Realm of the Fellnight Queen (Inactive)

Game Master Jacob Trier

"That fell creature sought to twist our minds, remove our souls, and make us forget what we are, rendering us into nought but crude beasts."
- Jervaise Toppington, Steel Falcon of Andoran


851 to 900 of 2,032 << first < prev | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | next > last >>

Male Halfling Inquisitor 8

Goodluck, do you see anything? Meycho asks nervously, drawing his bow and fitting an arrow to the string just in case.

That mist seems ominous.


"Nothing, save fish. For all it seems frightening, I can see nothing threatening."


Storyteller extraordinaire

Goodluck, the mist seems to flow out from behind the second waterfall.


"The mist does seem to come from dat second waterfall. Might be the one we want to check out."


hp 79/79, AC 24/19/15, CMD 29, F: +11, R: +14, W: +12, init: +5, per: +15 Elf Ranger Infiltrator

"Agreed. Any suggestions on how to get over there?"

Caelin eyed the water nervously.


Male Halfling Inquisitor 8

Hold on a bit, Meycho said, stepping forward and closing his eyes for a second. When they opened again, they shone with an inner light that allowed him to detect evil nearby.


"Well, dere's dis." Goodluck smiles and steps off into the water, walking on it as if it were sold land. "I suppose I could carry you across, if you don't mind the ride."


Storyteller extraordinaire

GM Rolls:

Goodluck knowledge nature 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (2) + 11 = 13
Goodluck Sense motive 1d20 ⇒ 17

Due to the way the special mist effect affects vision, I'm going move the action in rounds from here on out. We are not actually in initiative yet. The vision level for everyone except Goodluck will be noted in the bottom of each post. In addition, I'll be using the individual maps again, just like in the Logging Camp encounter.

Dead Man's Drop - round 1

While Meycho focuses his innate ability to sense evil on the area, Goodluck steps past him and out onto the surface of the pool. Just then, another puff of mist completely obscures vision for everyone but Goodluck.

Meycho:

Your initial sweep out over the pool reveals no signs of evil. The mist is too thick for you to determine if you cover the entire area, however.

Goodluck:

As you step out onto the pool, you are surprised to see one of the fish suddenly transform into a small slender green-skinned female, with webbed hands and hair the color of seaweed. She surfaces by one of the rocks, about 60 ft. from you, pulls out a small vial and gulps down the content. She then listens intently and glances towards the waterfalls. You realize that she is unable to see you and presumably thinks she is concealed by the mist. You guess that she is probably familiar with the rhythm of the mist puffs and is waiting for the mist to clear enough for her to spot you. You don't know what kind of creature she is.

MAP - Note, I adjusted the grid size a bit in relation to the previous map. I realized I had made the pool a little too big.

Vision
Thick mist: Obscures all sight, including darkvision, beyond 5 feet. A creature 5 feet away has concealment (attacks have a 20% miss chance). Creatures farther away have total concealment (50% miss chance, and the attacker cannot use sight to locate the target).


Goodluck slowly steps back onto land and in a low voice says: "One of de fish is not a fish; she is a woman, with webbed hands and seaweed hair. I don't t'ink she can see us, but she can hear us, so keep your voices low, eh?"


Storyteller extraordinaire

Goodluck, I added an updated map to your spoiler.


Male Halfling Inquisitor 8

Where? I cannot see her. At least it doesn't appear there's evil in the mist, unless it is somehow masked or my powers are blocked by something.

Meycho concentrates again, this time trying to detect good.


Storyteller extraordinaire

Meycho:

No good either.


Male Half-Elf Fighter 1 / Rogue (Scout/Thug) 4 / Steel Falcon 2 / Chevalier 1

Jervaise frowns, but maintains his position at the waterline.

"Well, be careful, at least until we ascertain whether she is friend or foe..."


Drow Wizard (diviner foresight) 1 | HP 9 (9) | Init +3 | Perc +10 | AC: 16 T: 12 FF: 14 CMD: 12 | F +1 R +2 W +2 |
Resources:
Prescience 8/8, Darkness 1/1, Dancing Lights 1/1, Faerie Fire 1/1

Round 1.
Taecuss will cast Alter Self on himself, turning into a boggard, and then move to the edge of the pool.


hp 79/79, AC 24/19/15, CMD 29, F: +11, R: +14, W: +12, init: +5, per: +15 Elf Ranger Infiltrator

Round 1

Caelin looked sideways at Taecuss and smiled. "If you can't climb, swim, eh?" he whispered.

After this, he took out a scroll from his pouch, gave an apologetic look to Goodluck, and read it softly as possible. Instantly, his skin hardened into the texture and consistency of tree bark.

Draw and read scroll of barkskin. +3 to AC and it'll last 40 minutes. Don't know how quiet I can be...sorry Goodluck.


Male Halfling Inquisitor 8

You don't plan on jumping into the water, do you? The current seems mighty fierce.


Storyteller extraordinaire

All right, guys. My Superstar submission is in. Thank you very much for your patience. I'll update first thing tomorrow. Just need to sleep first.


Storyteller extraordinaire

Dead Man's Drop - round 2

While you huddle at the edge of the pool, conversing in hushed voices, the mist clears enough to reveal most of the area. Sure enough, you spot a slender female in the water by one of the stones. (Goodluck, you can see that she has moved closer - she obviously knows how far visibility is possible in the mist.)

She spots you, and regards you warily, keeping a good distance from the shore. The current rushes past her and drops of sharply to the lower pool 50 feet below, but she seems to be able to maintain her position without much effort. You have no doubt that if any of you, except Tae in his current form or Goodluck with his water-walking ability, were to enter the water, you would be hard-pressed to keep from being swept away by the current.

"Oh...who...who are you? You don't have the look of the Fellnight realm. Tell me, do you serve the Fellnight Queen or oppose her?" she calls out, her voice clear and fluid like a forest brook.

Sense Motive DC 22:

She sounds insincere, as if she already knows full well which side you are on and is only stalling for time.

Knowledge (nature) DC 12:

She is most likely a Nixie. Nixies are guardians of ponds, rivers, lakes, and springs. They prefer dwelling in idyllic places, which they protect from the depredations of predators and careless humanoids. While this often involves confusing enemies and driving foes away, nixies are not afraid of spilling blood to protect their homes—though they prefer not to resort to such means unless completely necessary. Most nixies are Neutral.

Knowledge (nature) DC 17 or better:

Nixies avoid combat if possible, using charm person to lead humanoids away from their lairs. They sometimes use this ability to enslave people to act as protectors or help with a task that is simply too big for them to deal with. They cast water breathing on charmed creatures helping with tasks below the surface. Nixies are reclusive and prefer to keep their presence hidden. They make lairs underwater, forming small communities if their numbers are great enough.

MAP

Vision
Fellnight mist: Normal vision out to 20 feet. Creatures from 20 to 40 feet away has concealment (attacks have a 20% miss chance). Creatures farther away have total concealment (50% miss chance, and the attacker cannot use sight to locate the target).


Male Half-Elf Fighter 1 / Rogue (Scout/Thug) 4 / Steel Falcon 2 / Chevalier 1

Well, Jervaise still can't see her, as she is 45' away from him, so he will stall for time, too :-P


hp 79/79, AC 24/19/15, CMD 29, F: +11, R: +14, W: +12, init: +5, per: +15 Elf Ranger Infiltrator

Round 2: barkskin +3 to AC
Assuming from text that we can just spy her in the mist.
Sense Motive: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 22 (and +4 more if fey)
Know Nature: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (8) + 12 = 20 (and +4 more if fey)

"Come now, nixie, we have no time for your coy games. You know well (or have guessed) that we seek to end the Fellnight Queen's menace, so you face a hard choice: aid us, flee or fall prey. Choose quickly!"

I'll activate my Iron Will adaptation for 10 minutes.


Drow Wizard (diviner foresight) 1 | HP 9 (9) | Init +3 | Perc +10 | AC: 16 T: 12 FF: 14 CMD: 12 | F +1 R +2 W +2 |
Resources:
Prescience 8/8, Darkness 1/1, Dancing Lights 1/1, Faerie Fire 1/1

Knowledge Nature 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (20) + 12 = 32


Storyteller extraordinaire

GM Rolls:

Arvormeigh s : 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (9) + 17 = 26
E1 s:1d20 + 13 ⇒ (5) + 13 = 18

Perception:
Taecuss: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (6) + 11 = 17
Caelin: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (10) + 14 = 24
Jervaise: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (3) + 13 = 16
Goodluck: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (16) + 10 = 26
Meycho: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (5) + 12 = 17

Arvormeigh i : 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11
E1 i:1d20 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7
E2 i:1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 20

Dead Mans Drop - round 3

Upon hearing Caelin's words, the nixie drops all pretense and sneers at you.

"On the contrary, elf. The choice is easy. I slay you all, and my Queen rewards me. You will never lay hands on the wardstones. But first, we play some of my "coy games". Come to me, elven warrior. Come take a swim in my lovely pool. She calls out to you. Her last words are directed especially at Caelin, and carry the unmistakable ring of magic command. Once she has spoken, she dives into the water and disappears from view. You all peer intensely into the mist to see if you can spot where she emerges.

I think initiative rolls are in order. As with previous encounters, I will be using spoilers and special maps for each of you, depending on your perception rolls and current position.

Taecuss, Jervaise, Meycho:

You are unable to spot the nixie anywhere.

MAP

Caelin:

The nixie's word fill you with an overpowering urge to jump into the pool and swim to her. Please give me two separate will saves.

You are unable to see where the nixie went. You do, however, spot a large dark patch of water close to the nearest waterfall, which seems unnaturally dense.

MAP

Goodluck:

While she is very good at blending in to the water and mist, you are easily able to follow her with your magic sight and spot where she emerges much closer to the two waterfalls. She is now holding a shortbow with an arrow ready.

You also spot a large dark patch of water close to the nearest waterfall, which seems unnaturally dense.

MAP

Vision
Fellnight mist: Normal vision out to 20 feet. Creatures from 20 to 40 feet away has concealment (attacks have a 20% miss chance). Creatures farther away have total concealment (50% miss chance, and the attacker cannot use sight to locate the target).


hp 79/79, AC 24/19/15, CMD 29, F: +11, R: +14, W: +12, init: +5, per: +15 Elf Ranger Infiltrator

Round 3? Barkskin +3 AC, Iron Will, HP 50/53

rolls:

Will Save 1: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12 (Includes Iron Will)
Will Save 2: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (20) + 7 = 27 (Includes Iron Will)
Initiative: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11

So, not sure what my status is when failing one and passing the other. Stupid fey!! :-)


Storyteller extraordinaire

Caelin:

Despite your experience dealing with the fey and their charm magic, you fall victim to the lure of the nixie.

You step forward, desperate to be near the slender fey and her hauntingly beautiful voice.

As you are about to plunge into the water, your subconscious mind screams a warning about the peril of entering the rushing stream. The mental image of being swept over the edge and dropping over 50 ft towards jagged rocks is enough to jerk you free of the enchantment. At the last possible moment, you regain control of your mind, and step back from the waters edge.

Bet you're glad I rule that jumping into the pool counts as a perilous action that grant a second save, huh?


Drow Wizard (diviner foresight) 1 | HP 9 (9) | Init +3 | Perc +10 | AC: 16 T: 12 FF: 14 CMD: 12 | F +1 R +2 W +2 |
Resources:
Prescience 8/8, Darkness 1/1, Dancing Lights 1/1, Faerie Fire 1/1

Tae will start a countersong performance:

Countersong:
(Su): At 1st level, a bard learns to counter magic effects that depend on sound (but not spells that have verbal components). Each round of the countersong he makes a Perform (keyboard, percussion, wind, string, or sing) skill check. Any creature within 30 feet of the bard (including the bard himself) that is affected by a sonic or language-dependent magical attack may use the bard's Perform check result in place of its saving throw if, after the saving throw is rolled, the Perform check result proves to be higher. If a creature within range of the countersong is already under the effect of a noninstantaneous sonic or language-dependent magical attack, it gains another saving throw against the effect each round it hears the countersong, but it must use the bard's Perform skill check result for the save. Countersong does not work on effects that don't allow saves. Countersong relies on audible components.

Tae will ready his wand of Geyser.

Performance Sing 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (10) + 13 = 23

Hit points 39 of 52. 17 of 25 rounds of performance remaining. 2 1st, 2 2nd and 2 3rd spell slots remaining.


"Keep alert. She's drawn a bow and readied an arrow, and there is something, possibly a water elemental near the near waterfall!"


hp 79/79, AC 24/19/15, CMD 29, F: +11, R: +14, W: +12, init: +5, per: +15 Elf Ranger Infiltrator

Caelin stumbled a few steps towards the water, his arm outstretched in supplication. "I'm sorry fair water spirit! I was rude! I shouldn't have ye..." He stopped short as his boot splashed into the pool.

His mind cleared, focusing very intently on the waterfall and perilous drop. His outstretched arm became a fist shaking in anger. "Cursed fey!!"

GM JaceDK:

"Bet you're glad I rule that jumping into the pool counts as a perilous action that grant a second save, huh?"

Yes. Yes I am. Being charmed and sent over a waterfall woulda been a bad memory for poor Caelin. :-)


Storyteller extraordinaire

GM Rolls:

Initiative:
Taecuss: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8
Jervaise: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (16) + 7 = 23
Goodluck: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14
Meycho: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (15) + 10 = 25

I'm going ahead and rolling initiative for those who haven't done so already. Already declared actions will be carried out as your round 3 action, as reaction to the nixie's behavior. Please post your round 4 actions, which will be the first round of initiative.

Dead Mans Drop - round 4

Action:
As Caelin curses the nixie for almost luring him to his death, Taecuss song, which has a distinct croaking tone to it thanks to his current form, fills the air and effectively distracts you all from further attempts to lure you into the water. Tae, remember to post a new Perform check every round you maintain the performance.

Initiative:
Meycho/Falling Star: 25
Jervaise: 23
?: 20
Goodluck: 14
Nixie: 11
Caelin/Aumgwe: 11
Taecuss: 8

Vision
Fellnight mist: Normal vision out to 20 feet. Creatures from 20 to 40 feet away has concealment (attacks have a 20% miss chance). Creatures farther away have total concealment (50% miss chance, and the attacker cannot use sight to locate the target).


Male Halfling Inquisitor 8

Meycho readies his bow, hoping to catch a glimpse of the fell creature, while invoking a prayer to enhance his attacks.

Ready attack, activating Judgement of Smiting (Magic + Good)


Male Half-Elf Fighter 1 / Rogue (Scout/Thug) 4 / Steel Falcon 2 / Chevalier 1

Jervaise continues to peer into the mist, looking in vain for any sign of the Fey...

Just put Jervaise on delay for the moment ;-)


Storyteller extraordinaire

Ready and delay, gotcha. Please specify what weapons you have drawn, if any. The ? also seems to be on delay, so Goodluck is up.


Goodluck is going to delay until the Nixie goes.


Storyteller extraordinaire

GM Rolls:

A Stealth 1d20 + 17 - 5 ⇒ (17) + 17 - 5 = 29

Taecuss: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (17) + 11 = 28
Caelin: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (19) + 14 = 33
Jervaise: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (20) + 13 = 33
Goodluck: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (5) + 10 = 15
Meycho: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (4) + 12 = 16

A att 1d20 + 12 + 1 - 2 ⇒ (12) + 12 + 1 - 2 = 23, d 1d4 + 1 + 1 + 4 + 3d6 ⇒ (3) + 1 + 1 + 4 + (5, 1, 4) = 19
Concealment (miss 1-20) 1d100 ⇒ 63

A Snipe 1d20 + 17 - 20 ⇒ (7) + 17 - 20 = 4

Meycho attack 1d20 + 12 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 12 + 1 = 20, d 1d6 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 2 + 1 = 7
Concealment (miss 1-20) 1d100 ⇒ 76

E1: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (17) + 14 = 31 VS CMD 24

Dead Mans Drop - round 4

Action:
Goodluck and Caelin able to follow the nixie as she dives and moves closer to the shore. Then suddenly, she surfaces and launches an arrow at the singing Taecuss, who is too preoccupied with his singing to spot her. The arrow slams into the transformed bard with deadly accuracy, and a steady flow of blood seeps from the wound. Tae, 19 dmg and 3 bleed dmg at the beginning of your turn every round until the bleeding is stopped.

The nixie attempts to fade back into the mist once she has fired, but her slender shape can be clearly seen by all. Meycho sends an arrow into her arm, but the fey creature barely notices it, her natural defense preventing much of the damage. Since you did not specify using a special material arrow, DR applies, Meycho.

The nixie shrieks in frustration.

"You think you are clever, do you - well, if you won't come into my pool when I ask nicely, I have other methods." She then shouts a command in a language that sounds like a series of gurgles and splashes.

From out of the waterfall, a 10 ft tall mass of dense water separates and moves forward. It reaches out with massive arms and attempts to envelop Caelin, obviously intent on pulling him into the water. Only the elven ranger's battle-honed reflexes saves him from going in. Grapple attempt fails.

Goodluck and Jervaise can act now.

MAP (same for all)

Initiative:
Nixie: 11-1 (acted)
Meycho/Falling Star: 11-2 (acted - readied action triggered)
Water elemental: 11-3 (acted)
Jervaise: 11-4 (delay)
Goodluck: 11-5 (delay)
Caelin/Aumgwe: 11-6
Taecuss: 8

Vision
Fellnight mist: Normal vision out to 20 feet. Creatures from 20 to 40 feet away has concealment (attacks have a 20% miss chance). Creatures farther away have total concealment (50% miss chance, and the attacker cannot use sight to locate the target).


hp 79/79, AC 24/19/15, CMD 29, F: +11, R: +14, W: +12, init: +5, per: +15 Elf Ranger Infiltrator

I'm waiting until Jervaise and Goodluck go, but was wondering if the first 5-ft of water were safe to stand in, or does it become instantly swim-depth?


Drawing his trident as he charges, Goodluck attacks the Nixie. "You must cease this! Your death serves no one!"

Attack: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (14) + 10 = 24
Damage: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10 plus 1d6 ⇒ 4 cold


Male Half-Elf Fighter 1 / Rogue (Scout/Thug) 4 / Steel Falcon 2 / Chevalier 1

Round 4:

54/54hp, AC 21/11/20, CMD 23.

Finally spotting something, Jervaise pullls out his lucerne hammer, and takes a swing at the creature in front of him!

MW Cold Iron Lucerne Hammer: 1d2 + 13 ⇒ (2) + 13 = 15, for 1d12 + 15 ⇒ (3) + 15 = 18 P/B damage.


Storyteller extraordinaire

AoO provoked due to 10 ft reach - attack roll - 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (18) + 12 = 30 (hit!) AoO Dmg 1d8 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7 - (applies)

As Goodluck rushes forward, a snake-like appendage lashes out from the water elemental and slams into the Mwangi oracle. Undaunted by the bone-cracking hit, Goodluck continues on, violently thrusting his trident into the abdomen of the nixie. Although her injuries seem less severe than they should have been, dark blood still seeps from the fresh puncture wounds, black at the edges from the chilling cold of the magic weapon.

Then Jervaise swings his hammer at the wall of water before him. The weapon meets resistance as it connects, and the form wavers a bit, even though the elemental doesn't acknowledge the blow at all.

Caelin is up - the water depth appears to increase rapidly, and reaches swim-depth within a few inches from the edge.

In other news - RPG Superstar round 3 entries are up. As always, I would greatly appreciate both your support and your votes.


Drow Wizard (diviner foresight) 1 | HP 9 (9) | Init +3 | Perc +10 | AC: 16 T: 12 FF: 14 CMD: 12 | F +1 R +2 W +2 |
Resources:
Prescience 8/8, Darkness 1/1, Dancing Lights 1/1, Faerie Fire 1/1

Tae will cast suggestion on the nixie. Why don't you cease being hostile to us and talk aimiably with us?

DC16 will save.

He'll maintain his performance. Performance Sing 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (12) + 13 = 25


Storyteller extraordinaire

GM rolls:

Tae CL check 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (20) + 7 = 27 vs 12
A will save 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18

Taceuss marshals all his magical talent and manages to overcome the fey's natural resistance to magic. The nixie, however, does not take her eyes off Goodluck. It seems her willpower is strong enough to resist the attempt to enchant her.

Next round coming up shortly.


Storyteller extraordinaire

Still need Caelin's action for round 4. Technically, he acts before Taecuss's failed suggenstion, but I'm willing to call it a delay, in case it affects your action. Also, Jervaise, I just noticed that your attack roll has an error. You seem to have rolled 1d2 instead of 1d20. Go ahead and roll the correct attack roll. You can keep the damage roll.

MAP (same for all)


Male Half-Elf Fighter 1 / Rogue (Scout/Thug) 4 / Steel Falcon 2 / Chevalier 1

1d20 + 13 ⇒ (9) + 13 = 22.


hp 79/79, AC 24/19/15, CMD 29, F: +11, R: +14, W: +12, init: +5, per: +15 Elf Ranger Infiltrator

Caelin whistled to send Aumgwe after the Nixie, hoping to help Goodluck. He then stepped to the southeast, pulling out his bow. He launched an arrow at the elemental.

ooc and rolls:

Round 4 Barkskin +3 AC, Iron Will, HP 50/53
command Aumgwe SW to I19 to provide flanking with Goodluck, 50' and then attacks with beak:
Bite: 1d20 + 7 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 7 + 2 = 26
Damage: 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6
Caelin 5-ft steps SE to F26, draws bow and shoots once.
Arrow shot: 12d20 + 11 ⇒ (1, 20, 16, 4, 6, 20, 3, 7, 4, 4, 8, 2) + 11 = 106 (can't remember if there is the -4 penalty for shooting into melee when both are using reach...subtract 4 if so).
Damage if hit: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9


Storyteller extraordinaire

Jervaise - that new roll is a hit.
Caelin, you need to check your attack roll as well. You rolled 12d20 instead of 1d20


hp 79/79, AC 24/19/15, CMD 29, F: +11, R: +14, W: +12, init: +5, per: +15 Elf Ranger Infiltrator

I was just trying to be thorough. :-)

The first of the 12 d20s was a "1", so we'll take that as a miss.


Storyteller extraordinaire

Dead Mans Drop - round 5

Action:
Caelin's arrow passes harmlessly through the water elemental, striking only vapor. Aumgwe swoops in and strikes at the nixie, but the sharp beak only manages to draw a thin line of blood across the fey's resistant skin.

Caught in melee with the water-walking oracle and the hawk, the nixie lets her bow drop to the bottom of the pool and pulls out a shortsword. A swift stroke of her webbed feet allows her to move out of Aumgwe's reach. There, she again calls a command in auran and waits, poised to strike, for the water elemental to react. Nixie has a readied action.

Meycho is up.

MAP (same for all)

Initiative:
Nixie: 11-1 (acted - readied action)
Meycho/Falling Star: 11-2
Water elemental: 11-3
Jervaise: 11-4
Goodluck: 11-5
Caelin/Aumgwe: 11-6
Taecuss: 8

Vision
Fellnight mist: Normal vision out to 20 feet. Creatures from 20 to 40 feet away has concealment (attacks have a 20% miss chance). Creatures farther away have total concealment (50% miss chance, and the attacker cannot use sight to locate the target).


Male Halfling Inquisitor 8

Meycho moves to get a better shot and draws upon the power of Ketephys to enhance his arrow against the evil fey, letting a cold iron arrow fly.

Move to J25, activate Bane against fey, change Judgment to To Hit +2.

Attack: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (15) + 17 = 32
Damage: 1d6 + 2d6 + 4 ⇒ (5) + (3, 2) + 4 = 14


Goodluck scowls at the woman. He holds aloft his trident and uses punitive transformation on the woman. DC 20, as polymorph other.


Storyteller extraordinaire

GM Rolls:

E1:
Slam 1 1d20 + 8 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 8 + 2 + 1 = 28 (hit)
dmg 1d8 + 5 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 5 + 1 = 11 (applies)

Slam 2 1d20 + 8 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 8 + 2 + 1 = 24 (hit)
dmg 1d8 + 5 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 5 + 1 = 11 (applies)

A:
short sword 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (20) + 11 = 31 (crit threat)
dmg 1d4 + 3d6 ⇒ (3) + (1, 6, 1) = 11+ 3 bleed

Crit confirm 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (19) + 11 = 30 (crit confirmed)
dmg 1d4 ⇒ 3 (applies)

E2:
Slam 1 1d20 + 8 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 8 + 2 + 1 = 27 (hit)
dmg 1d8 + 5 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 5 + 1 = 13 (applies)

The water elemental by the waterfall responds to the nixie's command by shifting back towards Goodluck, forcing him to divide his attention between it and the nixie. Two massive coils of dense water slam into the barnacle-covered oracle from different directions. Two slam hits for 22 dmg total

The nixie giggles with malicious glee and lashes out with her shortsword faster than a water viper. The point of the blade slips up into Goodlucks thigh and severs the main artery. At once, bright red blood starts to gush from the wound. Crit confirmed w/sneak attack dmg and bleed. 14 dmg. Also 3 bleed dmg every turn, starting on Goodluck's initiative.

Then, from out of the mists covering the far side of the pool, another water elemental surges forward like a tsunami, battering Goodluck once again. Charge slam hit for 13 dmg

Seemingly by pure force of will alone, Goodluck remains standing. But he is swaying heavily from the brutal assault, and his blood flows freely into the water below.

Goodluck:
You take a total of 49 hp of dmg, which should put you at 1 hp. Also, until healed, you take 3 bleed dmg at the start of your turn. That means that you drop to -2 once your initiative is up.

Jervaise - your turn. I can't get a map up right now, but the water elemental by the waterfall moved out of your reach to 21/22,D/E. There is another Large water elemental at F/G,18/19.


Male Half-Elf Fighter 1 / Rogue (Scout/Thug) 4 / Steel Falcon 2 / Chevalier 1

Sorry guys, but there is not much I can do, except...

Jervaise 5' steps back, drops his weapon, draws a sling, and loads it.


Storyteller extraordinaire

Within seconds, Goodluck has lost too much blood to remain conscious. His trident slips from his grasp and drops to the bottom as he sags and collapses. His magic water-walking ability seems to function even though he is unconscious, and he lies on the surface of the pool, his blood flowing steadily out under him as an ever expanding red carpet.

Caelin, Aumgwe and Taecuss, your turn.

851 to 900 of 2,032 << first < prev | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / JaceDK's Realm of the Fellnight Queen All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.