Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Starfinder


Pathfinder Society


Pathfinder Adventure Card Game


Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Paizo.com Gift Certificates
On Sale and Clearance!

JZ's Carrion Crown - (Trial of the Beast)

Game Master JamZilla

Map
Schloss 1
Schloss 2


4,501 to 4,550 of 4,566 << first < prev | 82 | 83 | 84 | 85 | 86 | 87 | 88 | 89 | 90 | 91 | 92 | next > last >>

Initiative:

Kazamir init: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (9) + 0 = 9
Vala init: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (4) + 0 = 4
Hazel init: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11
Vermundr init: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (19) + 0 = 19
Constantin init: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7
Zed init: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 = 23

Air elemental: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (10) + 13 = 23

Round 1 - Enemy

The creature's form twists and turns violently and suddenly there is a terrible, violent whirlwind roaring just above the bridge, leaving the heroes in a very precarious position.

Round 1 - Heroes

The iron door is locked by the way

Map


Male Dhampir Inquisitor 6 | AC 20, Touch 13, FF 18 | HP 35/45 | F +7, R +5, W +8 | Init +5 | Perc +14

Knowledge (nature): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 13 +2 to identity creatures


Zed Ulmin wrote:
[dice=Knowledge (nature)]1d20+4 +2 to identity creatures

While it is clearly some kind of air elemental and can thus fly and has typical elemental immunities, it is of a size that you have not encountered before

Spellcraft DC 21:

The elemental must have been conjured via a Summon Monster VI spell.


NG Male Human Investigator (Psychic Detective)6 lvl 1 spells 3/5 lvl2 4/4 Insp: 10/day (10/10) HP 33/33 Init +0, Per +13 AC 15/10/15 Frt1,Rfx5,Wll7

know/nature: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (13) + 9 = 22

spellcraft: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (17) + 8 = 25

'The trap must have been a summon monster spell! Fourth rank, I'd guess..."

And with that, he sends a barrage of magic missiles at the creature.

3d4 + 3 ⇒ (2, 2, 1) + 3 = 8


Kazamir Rhuul wrote:

[dice=know/nature]1d20+9

[dice=spellcraft]1d20+8

'The trap must have been a summon monster spell! Fourth rank, I'd guess..."

And with that, he sends a barrage of magic missiles at the creature.

3d4+3

Kazamir has read about air elementals of this size before. They are powerful in melee combat and Flyby Attack

However, given the battlefield, it's Whirlwind ability is by far the most dangerous aspect of this encounter

Whirlwind:

Some creatures can transform themselves into whirlwinds and remain in that form for up to 1 round for every 2 HD they have. If the creature has a fly speed, it can continue to fly at that same speed while in whirlwind form; otherwise it gains a fly speed equal to its base land speed (average maneuverability) while in whirlwind form.

The whirlwind is always 5 feet wide at its base, but its height and width at the top vary from creature to creature (minimum 10 feet high). A whirlwind’s width at its peak is always equal to half of its height. The creature controls the exact height, but it must be at least 10 feet high.

The whirlwind form does not provoke attacks of opportunity, even if the creature enters the space another creature occupies. Another creature might be caught in the whirlwind if it touches or enters the whirlwind, or if the whirlwind moves into or through the creature’s space. A creature in whirlwind form cannot make its normal attacks and does not threaten the area around it.

Creatures one or more size categories smaller than the whirlwind might take damage when caught in the whirlwind (generally damage equal to the monster’s slam attack for a creature of its size) and may be lifted into the air. An affected creature must succeed on a Reflex save (DC 10 + half monster’s HD + the monster’s Strength modifier) when it comes into contact with the whirlwind or take damage as if it were hit by the whirlwind creature’s slam attack. It must also succeed on a second Reflex save or be picked up bodily and held suspended in the powerful winds, automatically taking the indicated damage each round. A creature that can fly is allowed a Reflex save each round to escape the whirlwind. The creature still takes damage but can leave if the save is successful.

Creatures trapped in the whirlwind cannot move except to go where the whirlwind carries them or to escape the whirlwind. Trapped creatures can otherwise act normally, but must succeed on a concentration check (DC 15 + spell level) to cast a spell. Creatures caught in the whirlwind take a –4 penalty to Dexterity and a –2 penalty on attack rolls. The whirlwind can have only as many creatures trapped inside at one time as will fit inside the whirlwind’s volume. The whirlwind can eject any carried creatures whenever it wishes as a free action, depositing them in its space.

If the whirlwind’s base touches the ground, it creates a swirling cloud of debris. This cloud is centered on the creature and has a diameter equal to half the whirlwind’s height. The cloud obscures all vision, including darkvision, beyond 5 feet. Creatures 5 feet away have concealment, while those farther away have total concealment. Those caught in the cloud of debris must succeed on a concentration check (DC 15 + spell level) to cast a spell.


HP: 23/51 l AC: 18, T 12, FF 16 l CMD 18 l F +8, R +3, W +7 l Blessings (4/6), Fervor (2/5), L1: 3/5, L2: 4/4 l Init +3 l Senses: Perception +5
Skills:
Diplomacy +10; +11 vs. friendly/helpful creatures, Kn. Engineering/Religion +9, Perform: Dance +7, Sense Motive +8, Spellcraft +4, Survival +6
Female Human Warpriest 6 l Active Conditions: Divine Favor l Loot Sheet

Hazel stares up at the swirling, howling mass of wind.

"Well s***." She glances behind her. "Please tell me someone can get that door behind us open?" she asks as she draws her starknife once more and calls upon Desna to boost her combat prowess. Then, she steps forward in front of Vala.
_______

Hazel will cast Divine Favor on herself and move forward.


Male Ulfen Bloodrager 6 | 14/64 HP (26/76 raging) | AC 16 T 10 FF 16 | Fort +10 Ref +4 Will +5 | Initiative +0 | Perception +12, Sense Motive +0
Resources:
Rage 17/17 | Spells: 1st 2/2
Zelda | 17/32 HP (0 nonlethal) | AC: 20

Kazamir has disable device but he fired off some magic missiles this turn. Should I assume we want to break the doors down?


NG Male Human Investigator (Psychic Detective)6 lvl 1 spells 3/5 lvl2 4/4 Insp: 10/day (10/10) HP 33/33 Init +0, Per +13 AC 15/10/15 Frt1,Rfx5,Wll7

That was rather poorly thought out, wasn't it?


Male Ulfen Bloodrager 6 | 14/64 HP (26/76 raging) | AC 16 T 10 FF 16 | Fort +10 Ref +4 Will +5 | Initiative +0 | Perception +12, Sense Motive +0
Resources:
Rage 17/17 | Spells: 1st 2/2
Zelda | 17/32 HP (0 nonlethal) | AC: 20

It's been 24 hours. I shall taken the group's silence as consent. =P

Vermundr lowers his weapon and gestures to the party. "Give me some room", he warns.

Rapidly the big northerner changes much like he did within the chymics works days ago. The sound of bones snapping and mending en mass fill the air as his skeleton expands in to inhuman height and proportions. The buckles on Vermundr's armor snap in unison as his brawny frame swells with monstrous layers of additional iron-hard sinew. Last, his rugged features stretch and tear into a roughly lupine cast and a thick coat of black and silver fur sprouts across his weathered hide.

"I'm breaking this door down", the beast that was Vermundr says in an inhuman growl.

Transforming and raging making Vermundr large and furry. The smashing shall commence next round.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Human Psychic 6 | 38/38 HP | AC 15 T 11 FF 14 | Fort +4 Ref +3 Will +8 | Initiative +1 | Perception +11, Sense Motive +11 | Phrenic Pool 7/7 | Detect Thoughts 0/1 | Psychic Spells: 1st—4/7 2nd—1/6 3rd—1/4 | Active Conditions: None

"Well that's a thing," says Constantin under his breath.


Constantin and Vala have actions to take this round I think..? Sorry I wasn't very well yesterday or I likely would have prodded for action :)

Also, really sweet token Vermundr!


Male Dhampir Inquisitor 6 | AC 20, Touch 13, FF 18 | HP 35/45 | F +7, R +5, W +8 | Init +5 | Perc +14

Zed stands by to assist Verm.

Strength to assist: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 21


Male Human Psychic 6 | 38/38 HP | AC 15 T 11 FF 14 | Fort +4 Ref +3 Will +8 | Initiative +1 | Perception +11, Sense Motive +11 | Phrenic Pool 7/7 | Detect Thoughts 0/1 | Psychic Spells: 1st—4/7 2nd—1/6 3rd—1/4 | Active Conditions: None

Constantin unleashes additional bolts of force at the air creature to try to slow it down.

Magic missiles: 3d4 + 3 ⇒ (1, 2, 4) + 3 = 10


Male Ulfen Bloodrager 6 | 14/64 HP (26/76 raging) | AC 16 T 10 FF 16 | Fort +10 Ref +4 Will +5 | Initiative +0 | Perception +12, Sense Motive +0
Resources:
Rage 17/17 | Spells: 1st 2/2
Zelda | 17/32 HP (0 nonlethal) | AC: 20

Zed, Vermundr was going to break the door down with damage. The strength check to break down doors is usually impractically high.


Vermundr wrote:
Zed, Vermundr was going to break the door down with damage. The strength check to break down doors is usually impractically high.

Agreed. Even with Zed helping this solid iron door I think will require a natural 20 to break through.


Supernatural Action Grandma (Lvl 6)
Base stats:
Max HP: 39 | AC 14 (10 T / 14 FF) | Fort +5 / Ref +2 / Will +9 (+2 vs death, energy drain, neg. energy, & necromancy) | Ini +2 | Know (history) +15, Diplo, Know (nat, planes, rel), S.Craft +13, Perc +10, Fly +6

Spellcraft: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (16) + 13 = 29
Vala's shoulders droop as she feels the air tense above and behind her.
Slowly turning around to look up at the new threat, she scrutinizes their foe before it has a chance to swoop down upon them. Gulping at the size of the elemental, she softly corrects, "Fourth rank? I'd guess sixth at the least, Kazamir."

Monstrous Insight: 1d20 + 19 ⇒ (9) + 19 = 28
MI is a standard action.

Status:

HP: 39/39
Negative Energy Resist 5
AC: 14 (10 T / 14 FF)
CMD: 14
F/R/W: +5/+2/+9 (+2 vs death effects, energy drain, negative energy, & necromancy)
Monstrous Insight used: 1/7
Wand of CLW: 7/50 remaining
Healing Hex targets: Hazel, Vermundr
Heaven's Leap targets: Zed, Vermundr
Current Wandering Spirit: Heavens
Stardust used: 1/7
Prepared spells
Orisons (4) | DC 14: dancing lights, disrupt undead, identify, read magic
Level 1 spells (3+1+1*) | DC 15: color spray* [ ], inflict light wounds [ ], magic missile [ ] [ ], produce flame (CL7) [X]
Level 2 spells (3+1+1*) | DC 16: hypnotic pattern* [ ], glitterdust [ ], spiritual weapon [ ] [ ] [ ]
Level 3 spells (2+1+1*) | DC 17: daylight*[ ], fly [ ], lightning bolt [ ] [ ]

Ongoing Effects
Monstrous Insight (air elemental) (1/10 rds): +2 AC and +2 hit


Round 2 - Enemy

Hazel reflex: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8 Fail
Kaz reflex: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12 Fail
Damage: 2d6 + 6 ⇒ (2, 2) + 6 = 10

1d2 ⇒ 2

Reflex: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9 Fail

The whirlwind roars across the bridge, streaking between the gathered heroes who feel their hair and clothing whipped and torn as it blows through.

The battering winds slam Hazel and Kazamir and the detective is hauled form his feet and into the air, being spin and tossed like a boat in a storm some hundred feet above the cascading waterfall!

If anyone has an ability to prevent Kaz being picked up, or to allow him a reroll or modify his save then let me know

Round 2 - Heroes

Map


Male Ulfen Bloodrager 6 | 14/64 HP (26/76 raging) | AC 16 T 10 FF 16 | Fort +10 Ref +4 Will +5 | Initiative +0 | Perception +12, Sense Motive +0
Resources:
Rage 17/17 | Spells: 1st 2/2
Zelda | 17/32 HP (0 nonlethal) | AC: 20

Knowing his can't do anything to hurt to the flying whirlwind, Were-Vermundr focuses on the party's escape. He slams his weapon into the locked doors with monstrous force.

Attack: 1d20 + 11 + 2 - 2 ⇒ (4) + 11 + 2 - 2 = 15
Damage: 3d6 + 7 + 3 + 2 + 6 ⇒ (4, 3, 5) + 7 + 3 + 2 + 6 = 30

Iterative: 1d20 + 11 + 2 - 2 ⇒ (9) + 11 + 2 - 2 = 20
Damage: 3d6 + 7 + 3 + 2 + 6 ⇒ (6, 3, 5) + 7 + 3 + 2 + 6 = 32

From over the werewolf's shoulder, Zelda buzzes rhythmically generating a hum that bears down on the mind within the swirling winds.

Unnatural Lust will 14 negates.


Supernatural Action Grandma (Lvl 6)
Base stats:
Max HP: 39 | AC 14 (10 T / 14 FF) | Fort +5 / Ref +2 / Will +9 (+2 vs death, energy drain, neg. energy, & necromancy) | Ini +2 | Know (history) +15, Diplo, Know (nat, planes, rel), S.Craft +13, Perc +10, Fly +6

"Kazamir! No!" Reaching out, Vala twists the space around her young companion, snatching him from the churning elemental's grasp and depositing him back in relative safety.

If I can put Kaz on the other side of the door, I'd like to! If not, no place out here is safe, but beggar's can't be choosers.

There's nothing I found that would indicate I can't jester's jaunt someone when they're grappled, but if I am unable, I'll just ready the action to catch him with a heaven's leap instead.

Status:

HP: 39/39
Negative Energy Resist 5
AC: 14 (10 T / 14 FF)
CMD: 14
F/R/W: +5/+2/+9 (+2 vs death effects, energy drain, negative energy, & necromancy)
Monstrous Insight used: 1/7
Wand of CLW: 7/50 remaining
Healing Hex targets: Hazel, Vermundr
Heaven's Leap targets: Zed, Vermundr, Kaz
Current Wandering Spirit: Heavens
Stardust used: 1/7
Prepared spells
Orisons (4) | DC 14: dancing lights, disrupt undead, identify, read magic
Level 1 spells (3+1+1*) | DC 15: color spray* [ ], inflict light wounds [ ], magic missile [ ] [ ], produce flame (CL7) [X]
Level 2 spells (3+1+1*) | DC 16: hypnotic pattern* [ ], glitterdust [ ], spiritual weapon [ ] [ ] [ ]
Level 3 spells (2+1+1*) | DC 17: daylight*[ ], fly [ ], lightning bolt [ ] [ ]

Ongoing Effects
Monstrous Insight (air elemental) (2/10 rds): +2 AC and +2 hit


You have to Jesters Jaunt someone to a space you can see and Vermundr hadnt got through the door yet

Are you able to do it at range? If so its fine you can place him back somewhere on the bridge


Male Ulfen Bloodrager 6 | 14/64 HP (26/76 raging) | AC 16 T 10 FF 16 | Fort +10 Ref +4 Will +5 | Initiative +0 | Perception +12, Sense Motive +0
Resources:
Rage 17/17 | Spells: 1st 2/2
Zelda | 17/32 HP (0 nonlethal) | AC: 20

Zed could have attacked the door last round and he still has his actions for this round. Hopefully he can finish it off.


Supernatural Action Grandma (Lvl 6)
Base stats:
Max HP: 39 | AC 14 (10 T / 14 FF) | Fort +5 / Ref +2 / Will +9 (+2 vs death, energy drain, neg. energy, & necromancy) | Ini +2 | Know (history) +15, Diplo, Know (nat, planes, rel), S.Craft +13, Perc +10, Fly +6

I can at range, yes. Back on the bridge with him!


Male Dhampir Inquisitor 6 | AC 20, Touch 13, FF 18 | HP 35/45 | F +7, R +5, W +8 | Init +5 | Perc +14

Zed helps Verm. Their situation is dire and they need stronger footing.

Attack: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24
Damage: 1d10 + 11 ⇒ (3) + 11 = 14

Activating judgement, healing for now.


Vermundr and Zed hammer away at the door. The iron begins to bend and buckle under the weight of their blows but for now remains stoutly closed.

It's not far from breaking though, you can tell


NG Male Human Investigator (Psychic Detective)6 lvl 1 spells 3/5 lvl2 4/4 Insp: 10/day (10/10) HP 33/33 Init +0, Per +13 AC 15/10/15 Frt1,Rfx5,Wll7

Sorry, was out of contact for a bit...Thanks for the save, Vala!


HP: 23/51 l AC: 18, T 12, FF 16 l CMD 18 l F +8, R +3, W +7 l Blessings (4/6), Fervor (2/5), L1: 3/5, L2: 4/4 l Init +3 l Senses: Perception +5
Skills:
Diplomacy +10; +11 vs. friendly/helpful creatures, Kn. Engineering/Religion +9, Perform: Dance +7, Sense Motive +8, Spellcraft +4, Survival +6
Female Human Warpriest 6 l Active Conditions: Divine Favor l Loot Sheet

"Kazamir! Oh man, hold on!" Hazel cries as Kaz is lifted by the whirlwind and out over the abyss. As Zed and Vermundr slam against the door, Hazel again steps in front of Vala to shield her from the winds as best as she can.

"Hey! Pick on someone a little stronger!" she cries as...

Within Melee Range?:

...her starknife flashes with a divine light and she swings at the elemental, hoping to get its attention!

Starknife (Divine Favor, Improved Weapon of the Chosen): 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (19) + 9 = 28
Damage (Magic, Good): 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7

Not Within Melee Range?:

...she drops her starknife with a clatter and draws her bow, taking aim at the elemental!

Shortbow (+1 Arrow): 1d20 + 7 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 7 + 1 = 17
Damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3


Hazel Stokes wrote:

"Kazamir! Oh man, hold on!" Hazel cries as Kaz is lifted by the whirlwind and out over the abyss. As Zed and Vermundr slam against the door, Hazel again steps in front of Vala to shield her from the winds as best as she can.

"Hey! Pick on someone a little stronger!" she cries as...

** spoiler omitted **

** spoiler omitted **

Hazel, the whirlwind is five feet wide at it's base so the base is currently off the edge of the bridge. However, I will take the 19 you rolled in the first condition but apply it to your bow attack, thus making it a hit :)


Elemental Will save: 1d20 + 5 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 5 + 4 = 23 Success


HP: 23/51 l AC: 18, T 12, FF 16 l CMD 18 l F +8, R +3, W +7 l Blessings (4/6), Fervor (2/5), L1: 3/5, L2: 4/4 l Init +3 l Senses: Perception +5
Skills:
Diplomacy +10; +11 vs. friendly/helpful creatures, Kn. Engineering/Religion +9, Perform: Dance +7, Sense Motive +8, Spellcraft +4, Survival +6
Female Human Warpriest 6 l Active Conditions: Divine Favor l Loot Sheet

Okay, that works for me! :)


Kaz and Constantin you have actions to take this round


May not get a chance to post tonight so hope you don't mind if I bot you guys while I have the chance to post at lunch

Now deposited back on the bridge, Kazamir - all ruffled clothes and hair sticking up at odd angles - gasps and tries to recenter his balance. Seeing the other battering at the door he knows it would only waste more time to push his way thorugh to try to pick the lock so instead he sends a barrage of missiles at the air elemental.

MM: 3d4 + 3 ⇒ (3, 1, 3) + 3 = 10

Similarly, Constantin knows how precarious their situation is and though Vala managed to save Kazamir this time, could she do it again?

Deciding that aggression is the best form of defence, he reaches out with his mind like a man feeling before him in the dark until he seizes on a connection with the air elemental and crushes it by pure force of will!

Mind Thrust II Damage: 5d8 ⇒ (5, 3, 4, 4, 8) = 24
Air elemental will save: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16 Success

Round 3 - Enemy

There is a howl of pain that sounds more like a rumble of thunder and the air elemental once again surges across the bridge, it's battering winds tearing at Hazel, Vala and Constantin.

Hazel reflex: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4 Fail
Vala reflex: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11 Fail
Constantin reflex: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 3 = 18 Fail
Damage to all of you: 2d6 + 6 ⇒ (5, 1) + 6 = 12

1d3 ⇒ 3

Constantin reflex: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 3 = 17 Fail

Angered by the blistering headache caused by the psychic connection, the air elemental snatches Constantin off his feet and surges out over the waterfall.

Round 3 - Heroes

Map


Supernatural Action Grandma (Lvl 6)
Base stats:
Max HP: 39 | AC 14 (10 T / 14 FF) | Fort +5 / Ref +2 / Will +9 (+2 vs death, energy drain, neg. energy, & necromancy) | Ini +2 | Know (history) +15, Diplo, Know (nat, planes, rel), S.Craft +13, Perc +10, Fly +6

"Not so fast!" Vala reaches out, her hair a ragged mess as she twists the space around Constantin to bring him back to the bridge as she'd done for Kazamir. She gasps as he reappears, nearly doubling over. "I- I can't keep this up."

Status:

HP: 27/39
Negative Energy Resist 5
AC: 14 (10 T / 14 FF)
CMD: 14
F/R/W: +5/+2/+9 (+2 vs death effects, energy drain, negative energy, & necromancy)
Monstrous Insight used: 1/7
Wand of CLW: 7/50 remaining
Healing Hex targets: Hazel, Vermundr
Heaven's Leap targets: Zed, Vermundr, Kaz, Constantin
Current Wandering Spirit: Heavens
Stardust used: 1/7
Prepared spells
Orisons (4) | DC 14: dancing lights, disrupt undead, identify, read magic
Level 1 spells (3+1+1*) | DC 15: color spray* [ ], inflict light wounds [ ], magic missile [ ] [ ], produce flame (CL7) [X]
Level 2 spells (3+1+1*) | DC 16: hypnotic pattern* [ ], glitterdust [ ], spiritual weapon [ ] [ ] [ ]
Level 3 spells (2+1+1*) | DC 17: daylight*[ ], fly [ ], lightning bolt [ ] [ ]

Ongoing Effects
Monstrous Insight (air elemental) (3/10 rds): +2 AC and +2 hit


HP: 23/51 l AC: 18, T 12, FF 16 l CMD 18 l F +8, R +3, W +7 l Blessings (4/6), Fervor (2/5), L1: 3/5, L2: 4/4 l Init +3 l Senses: Perception +5
Skills:
Diplomacy +10; +11 vs. friendly/helpful creatures, Kn. Engineering/Religion +9, Perform: Dance +7, Sense Motive +8, Spellcraft +4, Survival +6
Female Human Warpriest 6 l Active Conditions: Divine Favor l Loot Sheet

"Come on, we can do this!" Hazel cries through gritted teeth as she calls upon Desna's grace to mend some of her wounds.

Fervor (Self; Swift Action): 2d6 ⇒ (3, 2) = 5

Then she steps forward and fires off another shot from her bow at the raging elemental.

Attack (Shortbow; +1 Arrow, Divine Favor): 1d20 + 7 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 7 + 1 = 21
Damage: 1d6 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 2 + 1 = 8


Male Ulfen Bloodrager 6 | 14/64 HP (26/76 raging) | AC 16 T 10 FF 16 | Fort +10 Ref +4 Will +5 | Initiative +0 | Perception +12, Sense Motive +0
Resources:
Rage 17/17 | Spells: 1st 2/2
Zelda | 17/32 HP (0 nonlethal) | AC: 20

Vermundr continues slamming his weapon into the iron door.

Attack: 1d20 + 11 + 2 - 2 ⇒ (18) + 11 + 2 - 2 = 29
Damage: 3d6 + 7 + 3 + 2 + 6 ⇒ (4, 4, 6) + 7 + 3 + 2 + 6 = 32

Iterative: 1d20 + 6 + 2 - 2 ⇒ (10) + 6 + 2 - 2 = 16
Damage: 3d6 + 7 + 3 + 2 + 6 ⇒ (1, 6, 5) + 7 + 3 + 2 + 6 = 30


Male Human Psychic 6 | 38/38 HP | AC 15 T 11 FF 14 | Fort +4 Ref +3 Will +8 | Initiative +1 | Perception +11, Sense Motive +11 | Phrenic Pool 7/7 | Detect Thoughts 0/1 | Psychic Spells: 1st—4/7 2nd—1/6 3rd—1/4 | Active Conditions: None

Constantin goes flying over the ledge when the whirlwind sends him skyward.

So this is how it ends, goes through his mind as the canyon walls speed past him.

His hat flies off and vanishes into the river below, even as a sudden blast of Vala's magic propels him back upward like a trampoline artist and gently deposits him on wobbly legs back on the bridge.

"Ummm..." he says hesitantly, and looks like he is about to be sick. Then as Hazel shouts out he settles back into a placid look of concentration and focuses on the elemental once more.

"Will think about that later..." he mutters under his breath.

Mind Thrust II damage: 5d8 ⇒ (5, 7, 2, 2, 2) = 18 (Will save DC 15 for half)


NG Male Human Investigator (Psychic Detective)6 lvl 1 spells 3/5 lvl2 4/4 Insp: 10/day (10/10) HP 33/33 Init +0, Per +13 AC 15/10/15 Frt1,Rfx5,Wll7

posting from mobile, forgive the brevity. Magic missiles, again.

3d4 + 3 ⇒ (1, 2, 3) + 3 = 9


Male Dhampir Inquisitor 6 | AC 20, Touch 13, FF 18 | HP 35/45 | F +7, R +5, W +8 | Init +5 | Perc +14

Bam!

Attack: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9 It's a good thing doors have s~+~ for AC
Damage: 1d10 + 11 ⇒ (8) + 11 = 19


Zed Ulmin wrote:

Bam!

[dice=Attack]1d20+6 It's a good thing doors have s$$* for AC
[dice=Damage]1d10+11

Honestly, unless you roll a 1 I'm taking it as a hit


Elemental will save: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 14 Fail, ouch

Hazel sends another gleaming arrow sailing toward the elemental but this time it gets caught in it's vortex and spin off wildly into the sky.

Kazamir's hail of psychic bullets are unerring however and they blast into the very eye of the storm. Similarly, though somewhat disoriented, Constantin is able to focus his willpower long enough to once again strike at the very mind of the creature.

Meanwhile, Vermundr and Zed continue to hammer away at the wrought iron door. It groans in protest and then, eventually, buckles enough for the pair to shoulder barge it open!

The door opens onto a lavish entrance hall. A huge portrait hangs above an enormous, lit fireplace in this large entry chamber. A set of steep stairs rises to the right.

As the doors crash open, a sound of clanking metal and whirring gears can be heard from beneath the stairwell and just when they thought the situation couldn't get worse, a strange metallic machine hobbles out from it's position beneath the stair, large curved claws like scorpion pincers protrude from it's front and it makes it's way awkwardly toward the intruders.


Round 4 - Enemy

Zed reflex: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13 Fail
Constantin reflex: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 3 = 18 Fail
Hazel reflex: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 14 Fail
Damage: 2d6 + 6 ⇒ (2, 4) + 6 = 12

1d3 ⇒ 1

Zed reflex: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 14 Fail

Once again the whirlwind storms through but this time, though it snatches Zed up in it's vortex it can see that it is pointless trying to deposit the intruder over the edge of the bridge. Instead it lifts him 20 feet in the air, content to just batter him with winds.

Meanwhile, the hobbling construct makes it's way to Vermundr and slashes out with a wicked claw, gouging a nasty furrow in his leg.

Slam, Vermundr: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (20) + 9 = 29 Hit
Confirmation: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (11) + 9 = 20 Confirmed
Damage: 2d8 + 12 ⇒ (3, 5) + 12 = 20

Round 4 - Heroes

Map


Supernatural Action Grandma (Lvl 6)
Base stats:
Max HP: 39 | AC 14 (10 T / 14 FF) | Fort +5 / Ref +2 / Will +9 (+2 vs death, energy drain, neg. energy, & necromancy) | Ini +2 | Know (history) +15, Diplo, Know (nat, planes, rel), S.Craft +13, Perc +10, Fly +6

Vala gasps as Zed is hauled from his feet and ripped into the air. "I can't catch him! Hazel! If he falls, it'll be up to you!" Vala then bestows the gift of flight upon the younger woman before turning her gaze to the strange creation savaging Vermundr.

Knowledge: 1d20 ⇒ 12 (Nature, Planes, Religion: +13 // any others: +4 (untrained))

Status:

HP: 27/39
Negative Energy Resist 5
AC: 14 (10 T / 14 FF)
CMD: 14
F/R/W: +5/+2/+9 (+2 vs death effects, energy drain, negative energy, & necromancy)
Monstrous Insight used: 1/7
Wand of CLW: 7/50 remaining
Healing Hex targets: Hazel, Vermundr
Heaven's Leap targets: Zed, Vermundr, Kaz, Constantin
Current Wandering Spirit: Heavens
Stardust used: 1/7
Prepared spells
Orisons (4) | DC 14: dancing lights, disrupt undead, identify, read magic
Level 1 spells (3+1+1*) | DC 15: color spray* [ ], inflict light wounds [ ], magic missile [ ] [ ], produce flame (CL7) [X]
Level 2 spells (3+1+1*) | DC 16: hypnotic pattern* [ ], glitterdust [ ], spiritual weapon [ ] [ ] [ ]
Level 3 spells (2+1+1*) | DC 17: daylight*[ ], fly [X], lightning bolt [ ] [ ]

Ongoing Effects
Monstrous Insight (air elemental) (4/10 rds): +2 AC and +2 hit
fly (Hazel) (1/6 minutes): 60ft movement (40 encumbered), good maneuverability, +3 to fly checks


Vala this thing is knowledge arcana so unfortunately you don't know what it is


NG Male Human Investigator (Psychic Detective)6 lvl 1 spells 3/5 lvl2 4/4 Insp: 10/day (10/10) HP 33/33 Init +0, Per +13 AC 15/10/15 Frt1,Rfx5,Wll7

Know/arc: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (17) + 15 = 32


This is a large animated object. As such it has the usual construct traits and also has a hardness of 10. Other than that it is clearly programmed to attack anyone not intended to come through the front door and will do without without concern for it's own condition.


Male Ulfen Bloodrager 6 | 14/64 HP (26/76 raging) | AC 16 T 10 FF 16 | Fort +10 Ref +4 Will +5 | Initiative +0 | Perception +12, Sense Motive +0
Resources:
Rage 17/17 | Spells: 1st 2/2
Zelda | 17/32 HP (0 nonlethal) | AC: 20

Vermundr snarls in pain and pulls away from the dangerous construct. Eager to clear the way for his companions, he smashes the animate object with a vengeance.

Attack: 1d20 + 11 + 2 - 2 ⇒ (10) + 11 + 2 - 2 = 21
Damage: 3d6 + 7 + 3 + 2 + 6 ⇒ (3, 1, 3) + 7 + 3 + 2 + 6 = 25

Iterative: 1d20 + 6 + 2 - 2 ⇒ (6) + 6 + 2 - 2 = 12
Damage: 3d6 + 7 + 3 + 2 + 6 ⇒ (4, 1, 5) + 7 + 3 + 2 + 6 = 28

Bodyguarding: 3d20 ⇒ (6, 14, 3) = 23


NG Male Human Investigator (Psychic Detective)6 lvl 1 spells 3/5 lvl2 4/4 Insp: 10/day (10/10) HP 33/33 Init +0, Per +13 AC 15/10/15 Frt1,Rfx5,Wll7

"It's a contruct! Mindless, and as tough to damage as an object. It's programming will be simple, though - it will attack any unauthrorized being coming through the door without regard for its own safety."

After shouting it out to his companions, he casts a stone at the elemental and backs toward the door.

tk projectile: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 3 = 18
1d6 ⇒ 1


Male Dhampir Inquisitor 6 | AC 20, Touch 13, FF 18 | HP 35/45 | F +7, R +5, W +8 | Init +5 | Perc +14

Well this is unfortunate. Zed thinks as he's bodily picked up. He tries to take down the creature.

Attack: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12
Damage: 1d10 + 11 ⇒ (6) + 11 = 17


Male Human Psychic 6 | 38/38 HP | AC 15 T 11 FF 14 | Fort +4 Ref +3 Will +8 | Initiative +1 | Perception +11, Sense Motive +11 | Phrenic Pool 7/7 | Detect Thoughts 0/1 | Psychic Spells: 1st—4/7 2nd—1/6 3rd—1/4 | Active Conditions: None

Constantin focuses and once again unleashes his compatriots' unnaturally enhanced reflexes.

Time for haste again, now that we're fighting on two fronts!


Round 5 - Enemy

Zed falling damage: 2d6 ⇒ (6, 2) = 8

Hazel reflex: 1d20 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 3 + 1 = 10 Fail
Vala reflex: 1d20 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 2 + 1 = 6 Fail
Vermundr reflex: 1d20 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 4 + 1 = 10 Fail
Zelda reflex: 1d20 + 6 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 6 + 1 = 17 Fail
Damage to each: 2d6 + 6 ⇒ (5, 4) + 6 = 15

1d4 ⇒ 4

The whirlwind dumps Zed out onto the bridge. He tumbles fully 20 feet before crashing to the stone bridge. He rolls and almost slips from the edge but he catches himself with one hand, his other resolutely holding on to his tetsubo.

Gritting his teeth and showing incredible determination despite the yawning drop beneath him, he hauls himself back up.

The elemental then rushes through the gathered group battering Hazel, Vala, Vermundr and Zelda and snatching the small wasp up into it's vortex!

Construct, Vermundr: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (13) + 9 = 22 Hit
Damage: 1d8 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14
Construct, Vermundr: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (18) + 9 = 27
Damage: 1d8 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14

With ruthless mechanical efficiency the construct lashes out once again at Vermundr despite the huge dent in it's dome.

Round 5 - Heroes

Map


The air elemental suddenly reforms into a vaguely humanoid shape, seemingly unable to maintain it's storm form for any longer.

Bemused, Zelda buzzes around before the massive creature, trying to find her equilibrium

4,501 to 4,550 of 4,566 << first < prev | 82 | 83 | 84 | 85 | 86 | 87 | 88 | 89 | 90 | 91 | 92 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / JZ's Stand Against the Darkness - Carrion Crown All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002-2017 Paizo Inc.® | Privacy Policy | Contact Us
Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours, Monday through Friday, 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM Pacific time.

Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, Starfinder, the Starfinder logo, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc. The Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Legends, Pathfinder Online, Starfinder Adventure Path, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.