Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Starfinder


Pathfinder Society


Pathfinder Adventure Card Game


Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Paizo.com Gift Certificates
On Sale and Clearance!

JZ's Carrion Crown (Shadows Over Gallowspire)

Game Master JamZilla

Map


11,801 to 11,850 of 12,012 << first < prev | 231 | 232 | 233 | 234 | 235 | 236 | 237 | 238 | 239 | 240 | 241 | next > last >>

Male Aasimar Priest 13 | hp 80 | AC 17, touch 13, flat-footed 16 | Perc+29 | Fort+14, Ref+9, Will+18 | CMD+18

Markus moves into the middle of the group and attemps to heal up the injured. Holding out his holy symbol.

CPE: 7d8 ⇒ (3, 8, 2, 1, 8, 6, 1) = 29

"Speak up if anyone else is hurt." He looks over to the paladins, one still laying on the ground.


Miras isn't hurt, he's been defiled. Sir Gravis says, picking up the slithering serpent that used to be his comrade.

He moves to the old fortune-teller and says;

I'm sorry we were not in time.... truly. but she knocks away his hand offered in comfort

He sighs and turns back to the group;

What next for you? I need to get Miras back to the Cathedral to see if anything can be done for him. I also worry that in trying to do good by exorcising that demon, a greater evil has befallen these poor souls. he gestures to the scattered field. I feel responsible for what has happened here, and this woman, and would see her safely out of this place at the very least.


Male Aasimar Priest 13 | hp 80 | AC 17, touch 13, flat-footed 16 | Perc+29 | Fort+14, Ref+9, Will+18 | CMD+18

I auto succeed on the spellcraft, I assume I can use break enchantment on him.

"Let me see if I can free Miras of this Baneful polymorph, it's the least I can do." He looks down at the broken women for a moment, as he casts his spell over the serpent.

Caster Level: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (17) + 13 = 30

--

"It wasn't our fault it was the fault of this place, we could talk about it for days and blame every single thing in the world. But evil is evil, you can't control a demon no matter how much she wishes it would only end in one way." He sighs, look out on the desolate waste. "We will head for the cathedral, I beseech you to tell your order of what is happening here. The Whispering Way is attempting something big, they want to bring back the Whispering Tyrant."

He grits his teeth then, reaching for Kendra ribbon in his pocket. "But there is a bigger evil a man called Advion Adrissant he wants to save the world by bring it crashing down and changing every person into something else. He assumes himself protector of the world when no one wanted it, he's quiet man and will do anything play any game to get to his end goal."


Male Human oracle 13 Init +2, pcpt +12,Fort +10,Ref +9,Will +12,Ac 25,FF 22,touch 17,Hp 132,Skills history +6 planes +10,diplomacy +13,survival +13,religion +6,intimidate +10,fly +12

Jon fuels his wings and descends, landing beside Markus he draws on his power and focuses it inwards countering the exhaustion caused by the hag.

Adivion does not want to raise the Tyrant, he intends to replace him.
He wants to take the Tyrants power for himself
he says gruffly
the man is insane, and as Markus has said he is a master manipulator who loves to play games.

casting lesser restoration j to go to fatigued.


M Tiefling | Inquisitor 13 | AC 25. T 19. Ff 21. | OHP 114 | Saves F17 R 14 W 18 | SR 14 vs evil | Spells 6x0, 6x1, 6x2, 5x3, 5x4 1x5 | Judgement 5/day | Bane 18 rnds | Resist fire, cold, electric 5 | skills: Prof 3. Dis dev, disguise, fly, sleight 4. bluff, kn nat 5. Acrobat 6. kn arcana, kn dungeon,kn plane, kn relig 7. Spellcraft 7. Diplomacy, heal, ride, stealth, swim 9. Climb, intimidate 11. Survival 13, Percept 14. Sense mot 19.

Erek casts a spell on himself to ease the exhaustion he feels.

lesser restoration

"Jon is right. Adivion is a blight on this world and he needs to be stopped. If you are true to Iomadae you will help us."


Male Aasimar Priest 13 | hp 80 | AC 17, touch 13, flat-footed 16 | Perc+29 | Fort+14, Ref+9, Will+18 | CMD+18

I'll be using the wand to cast it on all of us


Male Human oracle 13 Init +2, pcpt +12,Fort +10,Ref +9,Will +12,Ac 25,FF 22,touch 17,Hp 132,Skills history +6 planes +10,diplomacy +13,survival +13,religion +6,intimidate +10,fly +12

if you cast it twice would it get rid of the fatigue as well?


Thanks to Markus's divine power, he is able to reverse the transmutation cast upon the paladin.

Slowly Miras' form becomes more visible, the paladin lying prone and unconscious on the wet ground.

My thanks says Sir Gravis solemnly. I do not know this man Adivion, but I can only wish you luck in your hunt for him. All my life I have believed as you 'evil is evil.' But the events of today... I cannot help but wonder if it isn't all as simple as that.

His mailed hand rises to his temple, you can see there is a tremor there.

If we had not interfered perhaps these people would still be alive. I have never questioned such a thing.... but perhaps in my younger days I should have asked more questions. he adds in a small voice. It is clear the paladin is undergoing something of a crisis of faith and his fellow knights seem similarly dejected.

They help the broken woman to her feet, the fight gone from her by now, and begin to lead her away from the blasted field.

Good luck. Sir Gravis says once again over his shoulder. Iomedae be w-... be safe. he says, correcting what he was originally going to say.

You watch as the paladins leave the field through the mist and rain of this horrid land.


Male Aasimar Priest 13 | hp 80 | AC 17, touch 13, flat-footed 16 | Perc+29 | Fort+14, Ref+9, Will+18 | CMD+18

"If we wish to take on the cathedral we will need to rest. My powers are waning and I think the night has taken its toll on all of us. But here isn't the best of places." He says watching the Paladins march off.

I'm not 100% sure but we should rest


The barrows seem to have been long-looted here and with the recent addition of the deaths of the caravan, no one in the group seems particularly happy about resting here.

As you pack up and move on some distance away, you begin to see some items and trinkets buried in the mud that have yet to be picked clean by scavengers.

Ancient jewellery and decorations poke out of the mud and after around half an hour's searching you find around 4,000gp worth of items and also an intriguing gauntlet. It is made of plate steel but every inch of it's surface is pitted with dark rust, though that doesn't appear to have affected it's sturdiness.

Gauntlet of Rust


Other than that you can rest without incident


Male Aasimar Priest 13 | hp 80 | AC 17, touch 13, flat-footed 16 | Perc+29 | Fort+14, Ref+9, Will+18 | CMD+18

Thanks pretty cool loot, let me know if anyone wants it.

More fit full nights of sleep, echoed by their location to such dark places. The dead have all the power in these lands, every person they faced visited him in his sleep clawing at him crying out for answers. Then Kendra, shining like a beacon in it all dismisses them his sleep dreamless after that.

Waking up rested he still feels haunted by the dreams, a feeling like he's always being watched. He makes up a quick breakfast of porridge and tea then goes about his morning prayers. Coming back as all the group awakes. "Eat up today we assault the way. It wont be easy but we have to keep our resolve, today we will save Kendra. Try and stay close to each other, Davos and I can get you out if thing turn bad. If you have any thing to say, say it now." He takes a long sip of tea.


Current Status:
AC:30 HP: 142/160

"Remember" - Morbar nods gruffly at Markus' words - "A flying dwarf is worth ten thousand arrows" - then laughs raucously while munching on his beef jerky.

[ooc]I could maybe use that gauntlet


Wizard Evocation 13 | HP 80 | AC 17, FF 11, T 13 | Saves 12, 11, 13 +2 vs.enchant | Ranged hit 9/4 | Elf KA 24, KD 16, KE 14, KG 14, KH 23, KL 17, KNa 16, KNo 16 KP 19, KR 23 | SC 23, Fly 15, Perc 3, Ling 17 | Initiative+3 | Spell Pen +19| Conc +20

Casting rope trick when the group are ready to rest and they enter into the extra dimensional area free from harm of the elements
"I prepared this spell incase we get stuck out here during the nights

In the morning the group descend outside and prepare themselves for the days journey "That's all well and good but there's a chance we could get pulled to one of those witchgates and of course if we do get pulled for different gates we'll meet at Ruwido, where shall we meet up if we do teleport out of this place back to the city?

Spells:

Open/Close
Light
Identify
Detect Magic
Prestidigitation
1st Level (6 + 1 evocation spell per day)
Magic Missile - 1
Shield - 2
Mage Armor -
Protection from evil - 2
Liberating command - 1

2nd Level (6+1 evocation spell per day)
Scorching Ray - 2
Mirror Image - 1
Invisibility - 1
Glitterdust - 1
Rope Trick - 1

3rd Level (6+1 Evocation spell per day)
Fireball - 1
Haste - 1
Fly - 2
Dispel Magic - 1
Chain of Perdition - 1
Heroism - 1

4th Level (5+1 Evocation spell per day)
Empower Scorching ray - 2
black tentacles - 1
Greater Invisibility - 1
Wall of fire - 1
Emergency Force Sphere - 1

5th Level (4+1 Evocation spell per day)
Teleport - 2
Lighting Arc - 1
Empowered Fireball -1
Icy Prison - 1

6th Level (3+1 Evocation spell per day)
Sirocco - 1
Forceful hand - 1
Freezing Sphere - 1

6th Level (2+1 Evocation spell per day)
Sirocco - 1
Forceful hand - 1
Freezing Sphere - 1

7th Level (2+1 Evocation spell per day) +2 dc evoc
Prismatic Spray - 1
Empowered lighting arc - 1
Reverse gravity - 1

Versatile Evocation 10rnds/
Elemental manipulation 13rnds/
Intense spells +6

Items
Arcane bond 1/
Mist Projector 20/
Rod lesser extend 3/
Rod Ectoplasmic 3/
scroll of teleport
scroll of control water


Male Human oracle 13 Init +2, pcpt +12,Fort +10,Ref +9,Will +12,Ac 25,FF 22,touch 17,Hp 132,Skills history +6 planes +10,diplomacy +13,survival +13,religion +6,intimidate +10,fly +12
GM-JZ wrote:

Thanks to Markus's divine power, he is able to reverse the transmutation cast upon the paladin.

Slowly Miras' form becomes more visible, the paladin lying prone and unconscious on the wet ground.

My thanks says Sir Gravis solemnly. I do not know this man Adivion, but I can only wish you luck in your hunt for him. All my life I have believed as you 'evil is evil.' But the events of today... I cannot help but wonder if it isn't all as simple as that.

His mailed hand rises to his temple, you can see there is a tremor there.

If we had not interfered perhaps these people would still be alive. I have never questioned such a thing.... but perhaps in my younger days I should have asked more questions. he adds in a small voice. It is clear the paladin is undergoing something of a crisis of faith and his fellow knights seem similarly dejected.

They help the broken woman to her feet, the fight gone from her by now, and begin to lead her away from the blasted field.

Good luck. Sir Gravis says once again over his shoulder. Iomedae be w-... be safe. he says, correcting what he was originally going to say.

You watch as the paladins leave the field through the mist and rain of this horrid land.

Jon looks upon the aging knight with regret, his words earlier had been unfair. It was not their fault the demon had escaped and despite his feelings toward the church of Iomadae he knew deep down the beuracrats within the order were the ones he really had issues with.

These warriors were trying to do the right thing, the good thing. Sometimes that was just the wrong damn thing.
He lets his demonic form melt away and he says sombrely
you are doing your best, I regret my words earlier. They were ... hasty, there is an anger in myself lately that I find hard to control.
The world is not black and white,far from it. there are always shades of grey. You did what you thought was right and I can't say I would have done any thing differently in your place.
There are too many in this world who stand by, who take the dammned easy path.
Don't judge yourself too harshly, it is better to regret the things you have done than those you didn't.
Jon says as he watches the knight lead his paladins away.


Male Aasimar Priest 13 | hp 80 | AC 17, touch 13, flat-footed 16 | Perc+29 | Fort+14, Ref+9, Will+18 | CMD+18

Take it Morbar

"Good Job Davos, This will be a lot saver in this wretched land.

"That is the plan Davos, I assume the witch gate will take us but it's better to regroup than worry about where we will end up. Always to Lepistand." He says last to put a point on his words.


So you're heading to Renchurch, yes?


Male Aasimar Priest 13 | hp 80 | AC 17, touch 13, flat-footed 16 | Perc+29 | Fort+14, Ref+9, Will+18 | CMD+18

Yes, that's the plan less anyone else wants to speak up.


With the possibility of teleportation removed from them, and at the risk of wasting spells in order to fly, the group trudges warily north, out of the blasted barrows and into the foothills of the Hungry Mountains.

The journey is long and arduous, cold rain and red lightning fills the sky and every now and then the moans of some unknown creature can be heard in the distance.

For hours they walk, often in silence, as the magnitude of what they are about to attempt weighs on them but eventually, after hours, the Abbey itself comes into sight.

The ruined remains of old monastery walls break from the dust of the Virlych landscape like jagged glass on a dirty barroom floor. Several guard towers reach feebly upward, their upper levels crumbling away. Only the sharp, bloodstained blades of Renchurch Cathedral give any hint that the area is more than just a forgotten fragment of an earlier time.

Built on the ruins of an ancient Pharasmin abbey, the grounds of the Whispering Way’s most famed retreat look like a horribly decayed mockery of what might have once been beautiful holdings that served the living.

The labelled areas on the map are the ones that still look like some sort of structure

Renchurch Outskirts


Current Status:
AC:30 HP: 142/160

"Here we are lads - we've come a long way since we first met, that's fer sure" - Morbar shakes the gloom away - "How are we going to do this now? Hard and fast as usual? Or we're tryin' some scoutin' first, before the hard and fast is the death of me?" - he chuckles.


Wizard Evocation 13 | HP 80 | AC 17, FF 11, T 13 | Saves 12, 11, 13 +2 vs.enchant | Ranged hit 9/4 | Elf KA 24, KD 16, KE 14, KG 14, KH 23, KL 17, KNa 16, KNo 16 KP 19, KR 23 | SC 23, Fly 15, Perc 3, Ling 17 | Initiative+3 | Spell Pen +19| Conc +20

"Take our time it's quite an expanse area so need to be careful not to draw too much attention on ourselves, I'm worried that the dragon could be lurking around also. I'd say we should take a look in that tower first catch any guards and of course get a better lay of the area" he says to the group as they stand outside the ruined walls

Spells:

Open/Close
Light
Identify
Detect Magic
Prestidigitation

1st Level (6 + 1 evocation spell per day)
Magic Missile - 1
Shield - 2
Mage Armor -
Protection from evil - 2
Liberating command - 1

2nd Level (6+1 evocation spell per day)
Scorching Ray - 2
Mirror Image - 1
Invisibility - 1
Glitterdust - 1
Rope Trick - 1

3rd Level (6+1 Evocation spell per day)
Fireball - 1
Haste - 1
Fly - 2
Dispel Magic - 1
Chain of Perdition - 1
Heroism - 1

4th Level (5+1 Evocation spell per day)
Empower Scorching ray - 2
black tentacles - 1
Greater Invisibility - 1
Wall of fire - 1
Emergency Force Sphere - 1

5th Level (4+1 Evocation spell per day)
Teleport - 2
Lighting Arc - 1
Empowered Fireball -1
Icy Prison - 1

6th Level (3+1 Evocation spell per day)
Sirocco - 1
Forceful hand - 1
Freezing Sphere - 1

6th Level (2+1 Evocation spell per day)
Sirocco - 1
Forceful hand - 1
Freezing Sphere - 1

7th Level (2+1 Evocation spell per day) +2 dc evoc
Prismatic Spray - 1
Empowered lighting arc - 1
Reverse gravity - 1

Versatile Evocation 10rnds/
Elemental manipulation 13rnds/
Intense spells +6

Items
Arcane bond 1/
Mist Projector 20/
Rod lesser extend 3/
Rod Ectoplasmic 3/
scroll of teleport
scroll of control water


The aura of evil in this place is entirely pervasive. It is as if the land is steeped in it, the air thick with it's miasma.

Whatever Renchurch once was it is now truly a seat of evil and undeath.

Where to? You can see the central building is the cathedral but it appears all of the windows have been sealed up with stone and boards and the rear entrance that you face is similarly barred.

The closer building to the south west is a mostly intact guard tower from the looks of things


Male Aasimar Priest 13 | hp 80 | AC 17, touch 13, flat-footed 16 | Perc+29 | Fort+14, Ref+9, Will+18 | CMD+18

"We'll inevitably end up moving in hard and fast, it is our way but let's take our time here." He points over to the guard tower. "That is mostly intact it could be a good place to set up and some any over watch for them." He begins casting a few spells. "We should fly/climb up there and take them from above. What do you all think?"

It really sucks clerics don't get Communal fly or spider climb


Male Human oracle 13 Init +2, pcpt +12,Fort +10,Ref +9,Will +12,Ac 25,FF 22,touch 17,Hp 132,Skills history +6 planes +10,diplomacy +13,survival +13,religion +6,intimidate +10,fly +12

have we rested??

I'm worried about that damn dragon too Davos. We don't want that thing turning up whilst we are fighting the way. That would likely be too much to handle. Jon says as he draws upon his demonic powers and clothes himself in his demon skin and unfurls his wings.
that seems like the best idea Markus, we can check these towers and then clear the grounds before we head into that place.
What's the plan? Do some of us go in the top and the rest go in through the bottom

Jon will cast some spells too, bull str. Prot vs energy fire.
Prot vs evil


As the group gets closer to the tower they try to decide how to approach.

Only a single tower of those fortifications that once stood vigil over the monastery remains wholly intact, the broken blades adorning its frame disintegrating into rust and discoloring its wall with reddish-brown stains. In contrast to these rusted implements of war, the stout iron bars of a prison cage rest within, a thick gate obstructing easy escape.

Tower Map


M Tiefling | Inquisitor 13 | AC 25. T 19. Ff 21. | OHP 114 | Saves F17 R 14 W 18 | SR 14 vs evil | Spells 6x0, 6x1, 6x2, 5x3, 5x4 1x5 | Judgement 5/day | Bane 18 rnds | Resist fire, cold, electric 5 | skills: Prof 3. Dis dev, disguise, fly, sleight 4. bluff, kn nat 5. Acrobat 6. kn arcana, kn dungeon,kn plane, kn relig 7. Spellcraft 7. Diplomacy, heal, ride, stealth, swim 9. Climb, intimidate 11. Survival 13, Percept 14. Sense mot 19.

"We clear the whole site, building by building. None of the Way walk away from here." Erek says coldly and points to the nearest building. "Starting there."

He points to the tower and they all approach it. As they do, he draws the Raven's Head and prepares himself for battle.

casting stone skin and protection from evil


Male Aasimar Priest 13 | hp 80 | AC 17, touch 13, flat-footed 16 | Perc+29 | Fort+14, Ref+9, Will+18 | CMD+18

"Let's just get in there we clear it completely, I'd like to do that Erek but let's take it one at a time." He moves forward slowly leading the others towards the tower.

Perception: 1d20 + 27 ⇒ (2) + 27 = 29

I type up loads about how we would get in then saw the map...


Wizard Evocation 13 | HP 80 | AC 17, FF 11, T 13 | Saves 12, 11, 13 +2 vs.enchant | Ranged hit 9/4 | Elf KA 24, KD 16, KE 14, KG 14, KH 23, KL 17, KNa 16, KNo 16 KP 19, KR 23 | SC 23, Fly 15, Perc 3, Ling 17 | Initiative+3 | Spell Pen +19| Conc +20

"Jon shall we fly up to take a look while the rest investigate around the base be better than all bunching together at the base?" he says shielding his eyes from the sun a he looks up at the tower

Heroism 50%, Prot from evil

Spells:

Open/Close
Light
Identify
Detect Magic
Prestidigitation

1st Level (6 + 1 evocation spell per day)
Magic Missile - 1
Shield - 2
Mage Armor -
Protection from evil - 1
Liberating command - 1

2nd Level (6+1 evocation spell per day)
Scorching Ray - 2
Mirror Image - 1
Invisibility - 1
Glitterdust - 1
Rope Trick - 1

3rd Level (6+1 Evocation spell per day)
Fireball - 1
Haste - 1
Fly - 1
Dispel Magic - 1
Chain of Perdition - 1
Heroism -

4th Level (5+1 Evocation spell per day)
Empower Scorching ray - 2
black tentacles - 1
Greater Invisibility - 1
Wall of fire - 1
Emergency Force Sphere - 1

5th Level (4+1 Evocation spell per day)
Teleport - 2
Lighting Arc - 1
Empowered Fireball -1
Icy Prison - 1

6th Level (3+1 Evocation spell per day)
Sirocco - 1
Forceful hand - 1
Freezing Sphere - 1

6th Level (2+1 Evocation spell per day)
Sirocco - 1
Forceful hand - 1
Freezing Sphere - 1

7th Level (2+1 Evocation spell per day) +2 dc evoc
Prismatic Spray - 1
Empowered lighting arc - 1
Reverse gravity - 1

Versatile Evocation 10rnds/
Elemental manipulation 13rnds/
Intense spells +6

Items
Arcane bond 1/
Mist Projector 20/
Rod lesser extend 3/1
Rod Ectoplasmic 3/
scroll of teleport
scroll of control water


Markus Valon wrote:

"Let's just get in there we clear it completely, I'd like to do that Erek but let's take it one at a time." He moves forward slowly leading the others towards the tower.

[dice=Perception]1d20+27

I type up loads about how we would get in then saw the map...

I just put the map up for reference Markus. If you want to take any action before you get that close it's fine


As you get closer, you notice that it seems as though the entirety of the tower is made up of iron bars - as though the tower were built up around it. Several pieces of metal protrude from the crumbled walls but unlike these that are pitted and rusted almost to the point of disintegration, the iron bars of this tower cage are pristine.

You have no time to consider this though because as you approach an apparition of a woman suddenly manifests within the cage. This beautiful, ghostly elven woman glides through the air, her long hair flowing around a face knotted into a mask of rage.

She floats in the air within the cage and demands;

Speaking in Elven:

Who comes to this sacred, unholy place? Pay homage to the Whispering Tyrant or suffer the consequences!

[spoiler=Knowledge religion DC 23]
This is a Banshee, a very deadly type of undead. More info depending on your result


Wizard Evocation 13 | HP 80 | AC 17, FF 11, T 13 | Saves 12, 11, 13 +2 vs.enchant | Ranged hit 9/4 | Elf KA 24, KD 16, KE 14, KG 14, KH 23, KL 17, KNa 16, KNo 16 KP 19, KR 23 | SC 23, Fly 15, Perc 3, Ling 17 | Initiative+3 | Spell Pen +19| Conc +20

Religion: 1d20 + 23 ⇒ (9) + 23 = 32

Translates for the rest of the group.
"The banshee want's us to pay homage the Whispering Tyrant or suffer the consequences. She'll be the one to suffer for such an outrageous request"

Replies back to the banshee in elven
"No homage shall be given to the Tyrant!" he say back angrily


Male Aasimar Priest 13 | hp 80 | AC 17, touch 13, flat-footed 16 | Perc+29 | Fort+14, Ref+9, Will+18 | CMD+18

Religion: 1d20 + 27 ⇒ (7) + 27 = 34 Do we know everythign about them? To give out knowledge to the group?

"Davos is right, We face a Banshee." He speaks to the group then joins in with Davos shouting back in Elven. "The Way is dead! We're here to make sure it stays that way for good. This is your one chance to stand down."


Markus Valon wrote:

[dice=Religion]1d20+27 Do we know everythign about them? To give out knowledge to the group?

"Davos is right, We face a Banshee." He speaks to the group then joins in with Davos shouting back in Elven. "The Way is dead! We're here to make sure it stays that way for good. This is your one chance to stand down."

With those rolls, you probably do.

Banshee

If you aren't going to comply I will roll initiative a little later


Male Aasimar Priest 13 | hp 80 | AC 17, touch 13, flat-footed 16 | Perc+29 | Fort+14, Ref+9, Will+18 | CMD+18

Ok everyone read that, this is bad. Markus would tell you everything, hopefully before it kicks off.

"This will be hard but stand strong! Desna will cast you back."

I have protection from evil, overland flight, shield of faith AC -23


Elven:

If you will not yield, you will be destroyed!

Initiative:

Morbar: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 2 = 19
Davos: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 20
Markus: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10
Jon: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18
Erek: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (18) + 7 = 25
Cara: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5

Banshee: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (3) + 15 = 18

Round 1 - Enemy

She Banshee's face scrunches into a terrifying mask of horror, her beautiful face melting away to reveal some demonic skull beneath.

She takes in a huge breath to lungs that haven't existed in a hundred years and unleashes a wail loud and high enough to shatter not just glass, but your very souls!

Full round action to complete the wail

Round 1 - Heroes

Map


The banshee is within the cage, 50 feet away


|| hp 78/78 (Current 57/66) || Bardic Performance (23/24) || Spells remaining: 1st(4/6); 2nd(3/5); 3rd(3/3); 4th (1/1) Human Female Human Bard (AD) 10/Fighter (LW) 2 CG | Init +6; Senses Perception +14 | AC 24, touch 18, flat-footed 17 (+5 armor, +6 Dex) Fort +9, Ref +15, Will +11

Caradwen is running with Mirror Image and See Invisibility.

I don't want to be that girl but I looked at the link, and I don't think any of us are within the 40' when she starts the wail, so...

"Don't get too close!" - Caradwen roars - "She's about to start screaming her lungs out!" - the woman adds.

Starting Inspire Courage, then moving back 30'


Current Status:
AC:30 HP: 142/160

"I'm used to a screamin' lady I've known in a while now" - Morbar chuckles - "Don't think I'll be much terrified cause of any more screamin'

If the banshee is up in the air, then Morbar stands his ground - if not, he moves to close in.


Caradwen wrote:

Caradwen is running with Mirror Image and See Invisibility.

I don't want to be that girl but I looked at the link, and I don't think any of us are within the 40' when she starts the wail, so...

"Don't get too close!" - Caradwen roars - "She's about to start screaming her lungs out!" - the woman adds.

Starting Inspire Courage, then moving back 30'

You're quite right Cara and that's my oversight. She would have manifested when you were in range of her wail - the book actually calls that out - but for some reason I thought it was 60 feet instead of 40. I'll move her closer to the edge of the tower in the map to compensate but she would still be within the bars of the cage.


Male Human oracle 13 Init +2, pcpt +12,Fort +10,Ref +9,Will +12,Ac 25,FF 22,touch 17,Hp 132,Skills history +6 planes +10,diplomacy +13,survival +13,religion +6,intimidate +10,fly +12

Jon heeds the warnings of the others as they confirm the deadly nature of this thing.
Grasping his blade tighter he draws upon his powers , granting himself as much protection as possible.
His form glows briefly as the magical barrier settles upon him and he flares his wings and propels himself backwards away from the spirit.

casting death ward j and I will fly back 60 feet


M Tiefling | Inquisitor 13 | AC 25. T 19. Ff 21. | OHP 114 | Saves F17 R 14 W 18 | SR 14 vs evil | Spells 6x0, 6x1, 6x2, 5x3, 5x4 1x5 | Judgement 5/day | Bane 18 rnds | Resist fire, cold, electric 5 | skills: Prof 3. Dis dev, disguise, fly, sleight 4. bluff, kn nat 5. Acrobat 6. kn arcana, kn dungeon,kn plane, kn relig 7. Spellcraft 7. Diplomacy, heal, ride, stealth, swim 9. Climb, intimidate 11. Survival 13, Percept 14. Sense mot 19.

Erek moves back to a safe distance and casts a spell. Two beams of lights shot from his holy symbol to burst on the banshee.

Searing light

Ranged touch attack 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (7) + 16 = 23

10d6 ⇒ (4, 2, 5, 6, 2, 4, 6, 3, 4, 3) = 39


M Tiefling | Inquisitor 13 | AC 25. T 19. Ff 21. | OHP 114 | Saves F17 R 14 W 18 | SR 14 vs evil | Spells 6x0, 6x1, 6x2, 5x3, 5x4 1x5 | Judgement 5/day | Bane 18 rnds | Resist fire, cold, electric 5 | skills: Prof 3. Dis dev, disguise, fly, sleight 4. bluff, kn nat 5. Acrobat 6. kn arcana, kn dungeon,kn plane, kn relig 7. Spellcraft 7. Diplomacy, heal, ride, stealth, swim 9. Climb, intimidate 11. Survival 13, Percept 14. Sense mot 19.

spells:

Lvl 1:
divine favour
ear piercing scream
hex ward
Hide from undead
Interrogation
Protection from evil (used)
lvl 2:
Abeyance
Consecrate
Righteous blood
see invisibility
Silence x2
lvl3:
Aura of inviolate ownership
Cast out
Searing light x3 (1 used)
lvl4:
divine power
Holy smite x3
Stoneskin (used)
Lvl5:
Righteous might


Wizard Evocation 13 | HP 80 | AC 17, FF 11, T 13 | Saves 12, 11, 13 +2 vs.enchant | Ranged hit 9/4 | Elf KA 24, KD 16, KE 14, KG 14, KH 23, KL 17, KNa 16, KNo 16 KP 19, KR 23 | SC 23, Fly 15, Perc 3, Ling 17 | Initiative+3 | Spell Pen +19| Conc +20

As Davos moves quickly away from the banshee 30ft he throws a fireball behind him to help cover the groups movement

Damage: 10d6 + 6 ⇒ (3, 5, 1, 1, 5, 4, 6, 6, 3, 5) + 6 = 45 reflex 22

Heroism 50%, Prot from evil

Spells:

Open/Close
Light
Identify
Detect Magic
Prestidigitation

1st Level (6 + 1 evocation spell per day)
Magic Missile - 1
Shield - 2
Mage Armor -
Protection from evil - 1
Liberating command - 1

2nd Level (6+1 evocation spell per day)
Scorching Ray - 1
Mirror Image - 1
Invisibility - 1
Glitterdust - 1
Rope Trick - 1

3rd Level (6+1 Evocation spell per day)
Fireball - 1
Haste - 1
Fly - 1
Dispel Magic - 1
Chain of Perdition - 1
Heroism -

4th Level (5+1 Evocation spell per day)
Empower Scorching ray - 2
black tentacles - 1
Greater Invisibility - 1
Wall of fire - 1
Emergency Force Sphere - 1

5th Level (4+1 Evocation spell per day)
Teleport - 2
Lighting Arc - 1
Empowered Fireball -1
Icy Prison - 1

6th Level (3+1 Evocation spell per day)
Sirocco - 1
Forceful hand - 1
Freezing Sphere - 1

7th Level (2+1 Evocation spell per day) +2 dc evoc
Prismatic Spray - 1
Empowered lighting arc - 1
Reverse gravity - 1

Versatile Evocation 10rnds/
Elemental manipulation 13rnds/
Intense spells +6

Items
Arcane bond 1/
Mist Projector 20/
Rod lesser extend 3/1
Rod Ectoplasmic 3/
scroll of teleport
scroll of control water


Male Aasimar Priest 13 | hp 80 | AC 17, touch 13, flat-footed 16 | Perc+29 | Fort+14, Ref+9, Will+18 | CMD+18

Markus moves closer holding his holy symbol up high he unleashes a blast of positive energy at the banshee.

cpe: 7d8 ⇒ (2, 7, 2, 3, 7, 2, 4) = 27 Dc23 for half


Reflex: 1d20 + 19 ⇒ (10) + 19 = 29 Success
Will vs DC 26: 1d20 + 18 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 18 + 2 = 21 Auto Fail, wail is interrupted

Will vs channel: 1d20 + 18 + 2 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 18 + 2 + 4 = 27 Success

Round 2 - Enemy

Incorporeal touch, Markus: 1d20 + 26 ⇒ (4) + 26 = 30 Hit
Damage: 14d6 ⇒ (5, 1, 4, 3, 5, 5, 3, 4, 5, 4, 1, 4, 1, 1) = 46
Markus will: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (13) + 18 = 31 Success

Davos hurls a ball of burning fire at the creature. It dodges nimbly to one side but even so the power of the fireball is enough to make her voice break and the wail comes to an end prematurely.

Shrieking in fury, the thing streaks forward and lashes out at Markus, draining his very essence with her corruption.

Round 2 - Heroes


Erek, you missed with your searing light


Map


Male Human oracle 13 Init +2, pcpt +12,Fort +10,Ref +9,Will +12,Ac 25,FF 22,touch 17,Hp 132,Skills history +6 planes +10,diplomacy +13,survival +13,religion +6,intimidate +10,fly +12

Jon watches the banshee reach out and strike Markus and he curses savagely as he hurtles forward, his great wings propelling him forward , drawing near the spirit he slashes across its incorporeal form, his blade glittering as it sweeps through it.

sword: 1d20 + 18 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 18 + 2 = 28
dam: 1d8 + 20 ⇒ (5) + 20 = 25

move back Markus, ive got this undead b%*$~!


Move to h6
Prot vs evil
Death ward
Bull ate
Prot vs fire


M Tiefling | Inquisitor 13 | AC 25. T 19. Ff 21. | OHP 114 | Saves F17 R 14 W 18 | SR 14 vs evil | Spells 6x0, 6x1, 6x2, 5x3, 5x4 1x5 | Judgement 5/day | Bane 18 rnds | Resist fire, cold, electric 5 | skills: Prof 3. Dis dev, disguise, fly, sleight 4. bluff, kn nat 5. Acrobat 6. kn arcana, kn dungeon,kn plane, kn relig 7. Spellcraft 7. Diplomacy, heal, ride, stealth, swim 9. Climb, intimidate 11. Survival 13, Percept 14. Sense mot 19.

Erek also charges the banshee. He rushes across to join Jon and Markus and delivers a mighty blow with the Raven's Head.

charge 1d20 + 16 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 16 + 2 = 27

Dam 1d8 + 7 ⇒ (7) + 7 = 14

Bane 4d6 ⇒ (5, 5, 6, 2) = 18

11,801 to 11,850 of 12,012 << first < prev | 231 | 232 | 233 | 234 | 235 | 236 | 237 | 238 | 239 | 240 | 241 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Jamzillas Carrion Crown All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002-2017 Paizo Inc.® | Privacy Policy | Contact Us
Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours, Monday through Friday, 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM Pacific time.

Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, Starfinder, the Starfinder logo, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc. The Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Legends, Pathfinder Online, Starfinder Adventure Path, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.