Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

JCServant's Council of Thieves (Inactive)

Game Master JCServant


351 to 400 of 6,676 << first < prev | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | next > last >>
Silver Crusade

Male Human Priest Lvl 5; 32 HP; AC:17 [14F/15T]; P+6; [+5F+5R+8W]; [S1:3-S2:4-S3:1-1C-4L]

Kyle turns to the kid and whispers. Hey son, why don't you see about cleaning up that smudge meanwhile? Kyle looks in the direction of the symbol.


Tiefling M Monk 3(Sohei/MoMS) Magus 1 (Spire Defender) AC 19 Tch 15 FF 14 HP 32 F/R/W:6/7/6 Darkvision +8 Init +5
Kyle Gray wrote:
Kyle turns to the kid and whispers. Hey son, why don't you see about cleaning up that smudge meanwhile? Kyle looks in the direction of the symbol.

Do you think he'll be able to hear you over that building 'Lost in the Sewers' background music? (need a [tic] code, for tongue in cheek)

13 HP of radial healing, right? Do the fallen hold/save their actions, or lose them? Regardless, recommending and working toward retreat.

Grand Lodge

Fallen people may safely presume they are conscious, and take a turn, though still prone.


Male Human Fighter 5 HP 45/49 | AC 22 (t13 f20) | F+6 R+5 W+5(+6vs Fear) | Perc +10 | Longsword +11, 1d8+6; Greatsword +12, 2d6+8

Thanks, Kyle!!

Beppo, now back to 8/13 HP, staggers to his feet (move action), shakes the ringing from his head (swift action - :P), and looks for VENGEANCE (standard ACTION!)!!

attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 17
damage: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7

If things start to look grim, like if someone falls or there are still two hellknights in pretty good shape at the end of this turn, Beppo will suggest,

Run! Let's get out of here!

Grand Lodge

I can't resolve combat until later, but I can let you know that it would appear that the HellKnight that WAS hurt a little bit is looking much better after those two channels. There was not enough room for Kyle to back up and just heal allies.


Tiefling M Monk 3(Sohei/MoMS) Magus 1 (Spire Defender) AC 19 Tch 15 FF 14 HP 32 F/R/W:6/7/6 Darkvision +8 Init +5

hold action 'until my status changes'

and then I'm completely healed after Kyle's channels

At Kyle's shouting about 'beauty', Devil is buoyed to consciousness, and sees Tessai's wound closing, a clever cosmic jester's juxtaposition.

"Work your plan", he says, rolling away from the hellknights before rising. "Get clear of this area before the gas is released.", he says, in another abysmal (rather, infernal) bluff.

bluff d20-1 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (20) - 1 = 19

...which just might work!


Half-Elven Rogue Lvl 2 HP 15/15 INIT+6 AC 16 CMB+3 CMD+17 Rapier/S. Sword (+6/+3 Dual +5,+1) 1d6+2/18-20x2, 1d6+2/19-20x2 Short Bow (+5) 1d6+2/x3 (F:0 R:6 W:0)

ROUND 2 - HP 9/9

Corellon, as if stepping out of nowhere from the shadows, very sorry, trip was way longer than planned and was a constant churn, no downtime and lunges at the once wounded Hellknight with his rapier, attempting to find a soft spot betweem his armor, though he would normally yell an insult or slur at this point he thinks the better of any unnecessary noise.

Attack w. rapier: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 19
Damage: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7


Female Female demon-spawn tiefling oracle 1/paladin (oath against fiends, oath of vengeance) 4/Guardian 1 || AC 20, touch 15, flat-footed 16 (+5 armor, +4 Dex, +1 deflection) Init +1; Senses darkvision 60 ft.; Perception +1; HP: 72/72 || Fort +11, Ref +11, Will +13; +1 vs. evil outsider's spells and effects, +2 vs. death

Tessai growls at the effect the healing spell has on their foes but presses on, attacking the one facing her - Ok... Let's try this again shall we? - she grins at the armored figure.

Attack roll: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18
Damage if it hits: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10

HP=13/13


Male Human Alchemist 6 | HP 57 | AC 18 FF 16 T13 | Saves +7/+7/+6 (+4 disease, +2 poison) | Init + 2 | Percep +10

Round 2 attack already posted

round 3:
if brought below half HP, Drink CLW extract Clw: 1d10 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6

Silver Crusade

Male Human Priest Lvl 5; 32 HP; AC:17 [14F/15T]; P+6; [+5F+5R+8W]; [S1:3-S2:4-S3:1-1C-4L]

i want to point out Tess, when i posted my channel, the knight wasn't declared hurt.

Grand Lodge

Combat, Round 2

Party's Turn
Brandon moves forward, hitting the Hellknight solidly with his Morningstar. Kyle cries out to his deity flooding the room in two waves of healing, as Beppo tries to stand up ready to get revenge. The Hellknight strikes the man back down with a vicious stab in the sholder Attack of Opportunity, 10pts of dmg, leaving Beppo bleeding on the ground again. Black Devil awakens and attempts to throw them off with bluff about gas causing one of them to say, Hey, do you think, but the other smacks him on the head. It’s a ruse! Focus!!. Corellon steps out of the background, and stabs the first HellKnight with his rapier between the plates of armor as Tessai strikes from the side, wounding him crtically.

Enemy’s Turn
Damn, that hurt you !@#!$!, the first soldier yells. He takes a step back, pulls out a healing potion with his free hand and drinks. Hell Knight B sees Black Devil talking about gas and attacks, wounding him. I told you to stay down!

Status
5' Back Kyle (8/8),
PFL Beppo (-2/13)Uncon, Prone, Bleeding, Brandon (14/14), Correllon (9/9), Hal (11/11), Tessai (8/13)
EFL B Devil (4/10), Hell Knight B (Perfect),
5' Back Hell Knight A (Hurt),

Next post is around 10am EST. Please have your moves in before then. Thanks!

Enemy attacks (You can click if you’re curious and/or want to double check what I declared as a hit/miss):

Note: I usually do "all rolls for NPCs at once, even if I may not need them... and utilize them in order of the narrative.

1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 181d8 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10 (AOO's done against AC - Prone Penalty)
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 211d8 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6 Attack HKB
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 141d8 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5 (Attack rolls in case I needed them)
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 151d8 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6
1d20 ⇒ 20
1d20 ⇒ 15
1d10 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5


Female Female demon-spawn tiefling oracle 1/paladin (oath against fiends, oath of vengeance) 4/Guardian 1 || AC 20, touch 15, flat-footed 16 (+5 armor, +4 Dex, +1 deflection) Init +1; Senses darkvision 60 ft.; Perception +1; HP: 72/72 || Fort +11, Ref +11, Will +13; +1 vs. evil outsider's spells and effects, +2 vs. death

Wasn't I healed by the channeling?

@Kyle: Its quite alright m8, Tessai's growl is not intended towards Kyle, but simply at the situation - you did great and got two of us back on our feet :D

@GM: So... is the hurt Hellknight now considered flanked?


Female Female demon-spawn tiefling oracle 1/paladin (oath against fiends, oath of vengeance) 4/Guardian 1 || AC 20, touch 15, flat-footed 16 (+5 armor, +4 Dex, +1 deflection) Init +1; Senses darkvision 60 ft.; Perception +1; HP: 72/72 || Fort +11, Ref +11, Will +13; +1 vs. evil outsider's spells and effects, +2 vs. death

Guys, I still have a few tricks up my sleeve - spells and judgement and such but I'm here thinking that this bad boy just ate up 17 points of damage FLAT and is still standing so... maybe we should re-equate the "running" scenario?

The question is if we still have a chance of running for it...


Tiefling M Monk 3(Sohei/MoMS) Magus 1 (Spire Defender) AC 19 Tch 15 FF 14 HP 32 F/R/W:6/7/6 Darkvision +8 Init +5

If I read the map correctly, I'm in range for an AOO on HKA when he tries to drink. IF that's true, Kick+1 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 1 = 19 1d6+1 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3. I believe that's before he drinks.

I am otherwise down with running, if it were possible to select a direction and weather the slings and AOOs of outrageous fortune...

Silver Crusade

Male Human Priest Lvl 5; 32 HP; AC:17 [14F/15T]; P+6; [+5F+5R+8W]; [S1:3-S2:4-S3:1-1C-4L]

Kyle tries a different tactic and grants Tessai luck for one round.

Bit of Luck:
You can touch a willing creature as a standard action, giving it a bit of luck. For the next round, any time the target rolls a d20, he may roll twice and take the more favorable result.

We'll have an easier time if we finish one of them off, He assures them.

GM:
Tess should be fully healed. Last time when people were flanking, I believe you noted it.

Grand Lodge

Ayup, there should be flanking, and Tessai is fully healed. Sorry. I'm super, super busy (Busier than I've been in YEARS), so my attentions are very divided. The rogue should have got sneak damage. I'll roll it for sake of expediency.

1d6 ⇒ 6

Hot dang. Looks like I don't just roll high for the bad guys, but for y'all as well. Hell Knight A didn't have enough HPs to take that as well, so consider him KO'd


Tiefling M Monk 3(Sohei/MoMS) Magus 1 (Spire Defender) AC 19 Tch 15 FF 14 HP 32 F/R/W:6/7/6 Darkvision +8 Init +5

[sprockets]Now is the time in Westcrown when we DANCE![/sprockets]

Kyle: We'll have an easier time if we finish one of them off.

...

<thud><rattle rattle>

:D


Male Human Alchemist 6 | HP 57 | AC 18 FF 16 T13 | Saves +7/+7/+6 (+4 disease, +2 poison) | Init + 2 | Percep +10

Since my round 3 overnight contingency didn't occur...

Round 3 HP 14/14

Encouraged by the first Hellknight being knocked to the ground, Brandon moves in on the second.

"Quickly, dont let this one escape."

Morningstar on Hellknight B: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12
Damage: 1d8 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11


Female Female demon-spawn tiefling oracle 1/paladin (oath against fiends, oath of vengeance) 4/Guardian 1 || AC 20, touch 15, flat-footed 16 (+5 armor, +4 Dex, +1 deflection) Init +1; Senses darkvision 60 ft.; Perception +1; HP: 72/72 || Fort +11, Ref +11, Will +13; +1 vs. evil outsider's spells and effects, +2 vs. death

Ok, so in this case, we are, at the moment, facing a single Hellknight(b) if I am correct

You should have never come down to Westcrowns' underbelly - Tessai informs him calmly as she pokes at him with her rapier - You will never leave this place...

Attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24 Crit SMACK!
Crit confirmation: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 = 23 CRACK!
Damage if it hits: 1d6 + 1d6 + 4 + 4 ⇒ (2) + (2) + 4 + 4 = 12 POW!


Half-Elven Rogue Lvl 2 HP 15/15 INIT+6 AC 16 CMB+3 CMD+17 Rapier/S. Sword (+6/+3 Dual +5,+1) 1d6+2/18-20x2, 1d6+2/19-20x2 Short Bow (+5) 1d6+2/x3 (F:0 R:6 W:0)

Round 3 - HP 9/9

I was wondering about flanking but didn't want to call it out and meta too much. Just so I understand - the flanking was with BD, so you can still flank if someone is prone?

Corellon siezes on the moment and bounds back and around so as to flank the remaining Hellknight with Tessai.

Attack, rapier, flanking: 1d20 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 6 + 2 = 17
Damage: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4
Damage (Sneak Attack): 1d6 ⇒ 6

If he goes down, the instant he does Corellon will begin to rifle through their belongings for anything of interest. Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (12) + 8 = 20


Tiefling M Monk 3(Sohei/MoMS) Magus 1 (Spire Defender) AC 19 Tch 15 FF 14 HP 32 F/R/W:6/7/6 Darkvision +8 Init +5

"Leave them for the gas. I'll explain later.", Devil bluffs again.

If no hostiles to AoO us: He moves to Beppo, and administers one of the healing potions Devil had been given. (dice?)

If still hostiles (HKB): Devil turns, almost as though to flee, but the turn continues, and builds in speed, and a sudden kick lashes out!

Attack: IUS +1 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7
So THAT's a miss. I guess I still owe a roll for the bluff.

Bluff: d20-1 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (7) - 1 = 6 [/ooc]

Grand Lodge

Flanking Rules:
When two characters attack an enemy with melee attacks in the same round (or vice versa) that target will have the "Flanking" condition on the next round. When a character has the flanking condition, all enemy characters who attack them on that round gain a +2 to hit, and sneak damage applies.

Black Devil:
Remember, you are still prone on the ground. Beppo drew an AoO last round for getting up, but you did not. Apply a -4 to attack rolls if you are attacking from the ground. Enemies attacking you with melee weapons gain a +4 bonus to hit you while prone.

A general PF tip about getting up while prone:
When you get up from being prone, enemies in melee get an AoO with a +4 to hit. That can make getting up rather hard. However, because getting up is a move action, you could take a standard action before doing that. One option would be to use your standard action to take a full defense action, giving you a +4 dodge bonus (+6 if you have 3+ ranks in acrobatics). This will offset the bonus that the enemy gets to hit you and significantly increase your chances of getting up in one piece

A note about bluffing in combat in general:

Quote:
Deceive Someone: Attempting to deceive someone takes at least 1 round, but can possibly take longer if the lie is elaborate (as determined by the GM on a case-by-case basis).

If you're going to try to lie to someone in combat, its a full round action (and I may rule longer if its complex). Remember, if you fail to bluff someone, a -10 penalty applies (per core rule book) on future attempts. This includes situations where an NPC finds out you lied to them after the fact through proof, being told the truth, etc. Once an NPC knows you are open to lying, they will think twice before believing anything you say!

A note about being KO'd:
I will usually list your condition as "Prone, Uncon, Bleeding" You need to roll Fort Save each round of DC: 10+Damage below zero to stablize, otherwise, you take another point of damage each round until healed. I generally won't ask you to do that... you presume it needs to be done when you're bleeding from a KO.


Tiefling M Monk 3(Sohei/MoMS) Magus 1 (Spire Defender) AC 19 Tch 15 FF 14 HP 32 F/R/W:6/7/6 Darkvision +8 Init +5

Well, I've clearly stepped in every cowpie this sewer offered. OK, so if my one good bluff was a full-round action, sure, I'm still on the ground. I'd thought 'rolls away from the Hellknights before standing' would have covered it, but I see now it would not. I'll try to remember the proper order in future. Actually, in present.

Black Devil uses a Standard Action to begin to Total Defense for +4 AC (Nobody has 3 ranks in Acrobatics yet). He uses a Swift Action to use his tail to fetch a healing potion. He crawls toward Beppo as a Move Action.

I'm reading your last map as showing BD with 4 HP, and without the 'prone' tag, so I don't know how that is if he didn't rise to draw the AOO (I'm suggesting that HellKnight is named 'Fortune' :) ).

And let's hope the HK's do learn to completely distrust BD. It's only fair.


Male Human Alchemist 6 | HP 57 | AC 18 FF 16 T13 | Saves +7/+7/+6 (+4 disease, +2 poison) | Init + 2 | Percep +10

Corellon, I haven't previously attacked HKB so I couldn't flank this round even though Tessai was there. In round 3 however I will be flanking with either you or Tessai.

Grand Lodge

Combat, Round 3

Party's Turn
Brandon strikes out, but his blow is parried by the knight. At that time, Tessai and Correllon stab him. Kyle blesses Tessai as Black Devil attempts to distract the knight. Morreseno says, I can’t figure it out. It’s smudged pretty bad and we need to get out of here!

Enemy’s Turn
The Hellknight five foot steps back and drinks a potion. AoO for BD with -4 penalty. You all see five Hell knights round the corner. They are sixty feet away.

Status
I've added status ailment formulas to my worksheet, so they will show up more consistantly.

5' Back Kyle (8/8,),
PFL Beppo (-3/13,Prone, Uncon, Bleeding), Brandon (14/14,), Correllon (9/9,), Hal (11/11,), Tessai (13/13,),
EFL B Devil (4/10,Prone),
5' Back Hell Knight B (Good,Flanked),

Next post is around 2pm EST. Please have your moves in before then. Thanks!

Enemy attacks (You can click if you’re curious and/or want to double check what I declared as a hit/miss):

Note: I usually do "all rolls for NPCs at once, even if I may not need them... and utilize them in order of the narrative.
2d10 + 3 ⇒ (5, 5) + 3 = 13

BD Crawling away:
I didn't have you 'crawl away' last time because you were doing actions, and I thought you were just doing that for flavor. Crawling 5' is a full round action that provokes, so I didn't think that's what you were trying to do.

Silver Crusade

Male Human Priest Lvl 5; 32 HP; AC:17 [14F/15T]; P+6; [+5F+5R+8W]; [S1:3-S2:4-S3:1-1C-4L]

Kyle casts his last CLW on Beppo.

CLW: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7

Beppo, get up and let's go. Someone pull our tiefling friend away so he can stand up without getting hit. Kyle heads to the passageway to the north, away from the knights and the way they had just come.


Male Human Fighter 5 HP 45/49 | AC 22 (t13 f20) | F+6 R+5 W+5(+6vs Fear) | Perc +10 | Longsword +11, 1d8+6; Greatsword +12, 2d6+8

Beppo squirms away from the hellknight, whimpering. Total defense and 5' "step" to crawl back if possible. Otherwise, he will just lie there like a b~%$@.

Silver Crusade

Male Human Priest Lvl 5; 32 HP; AC:17 [14F/15T]; P+6; [+5F+5R+8W]; [S1:3-S2:4-S3:1-1C-4L]

Beppo, the knight 5' stepped away from you so you are free to get up without provoking.


Male Human Fighter 5 HP 45/49 | AC 22 (t13 f20) | F+6 R+5 W+5(+6vs Fear) | Perc +10 | Longsword +11, 1d8+6; Greatsword +12, 2d6+8

derr. Thanks again.

Beppo thanks Kyle for his generous healing, checks to make sure no one else is standing over him, then rises to his feet again and starts running away to the north.

F&&$ this s$+*.


Female Female demon-spawn tiefling oracle 1/paladin (oath against fiends, oath of vengeance) 4/Guardian 1 || AC 20, touch 15, flat-footed 16 (+5 armor, +4 Dex, +1 deflection) Init +1; Senses darkvision 60 ft.; Perception +1; HP: 72/72 || Fort +11, Ref +11, Will +13; +1 vs. evil outsider's spells and effects, +2 vs. death

Seeing the group fracturing around her, Tessai ponders if they will be able to outdistance the Hellknights, and for how long they will have to run... Fortunately the heavy armors should prove a disadvantage for their pursuers, but still...

We should stay and fight... I tire of being pushed around... she mumbles almost inaudibly to herself.

Making sure all are leaving, the tiefling will close the march right after them while offering to the wounded Hellknight - We will meet again!


Half-Elven Rogue Lvl 2 HP 15/15 INIT+6 AC 16 CMB+3 CMD+17 Rapier/S. Sword (+6/+3 Dual +5,+1) 1d6+2/18-20x2, 1d6+2/19-20x2 Short Bow (+5) 1d6+2/x3 (F:0 R:6 W:0)

Seeing that part of their band is making a run for it, Corellon quickly regroups and grabs Brandon's arm, "Quickly, light the way. Maybe we have a better chance if we can box them in an another cross section like the goblins did - facing only two of them at a time. I think ultimately we have to put these few down so that we can make our escape!". He follows Beppo North. "Wait Beppo, stick together."


Male Human Alchemist 6 | HP 57 | AC 18 FF 16 T13 | Saves +7/+7/+6 (+4 disease, +2 poison) | Init + 2 | Percep +10

Seizing the tiefling by the shoulder, Brandon begins to pull her down the corridor.

"Come on Tessai, I dont want us to perish down herefor nothing!" he says intensely. "We can fight and die or we can run and live and fight again."

Brandon will make up the rearguard as the group retreats.

"Corellon, help me hold them off if needbe!"


Half-Elven Rogue Lvl 2 HP 15/15 INIT+6 AC 16 CMB+3 CMD+17 Rapier/S. Sword (+6/+3 Dual +5,+1) 1d6+2/18-20x2, 1d6+2/19-20x2 Short Bow (+5) 1d6+2/x3 (F:0 R:6 W:0)

Some ninjaing going on, without recreating too much, stick with what I said and help BD up instead. We still need good eyes or light out in front of us.


Tiefling M Monk 3(Sohei/MoMS) Magus 1 (Spire Defender) AC 19 Tch 15 FF 14 HP 32 F/R/W:6/7/6 Darkvision +8 Init +5

BD will take Corellon's help, and gladly take point. I can't trust myself to read the map, though, so I suppose I might be AoO'd back down. I'd try to plan around that, but again, the map.


Male Human Alchemist 6 | HP 57 | AC 18 FF 16 T13 | Saves +7/+7/+6 (+4 disease, +2 poison) | Init + 2 | Percep +10

I have a light source so that's ok. BD can get up under his own power so Brandon is pulling Tessai down the corridor assuming BD will move past whilst we cover him and hold a rearguard. Didn't want to get too meta about it but looks like we posted at about the same time.

Grand Lodge

Only Black Devil is in melee range of the HK ...that's why only BD gets to make an AoO on him while he drinks. Beppo can stand up w/o provoking. Black Devil will provoke if he stands or is dragged out of range.

Grand Lodge

So, the question I have for y'all is, understanding that pulling BD will provoke an attack on BD, do y'all pull BD away?

Silver Crusade

Male Human Priest Lvl 5; 32 HP; AC:17 [14F/15T]; P+6; [+5F+5R+8W]; [S1:3-S2:4-S3:1-1C-4L]

Dragging would be a standard action, as would performing healing. If Correllon dragged BD, Brandon could heal him (I believe you have CLW as a spell?) before you two moved away. BD would be free to stand and run at that point.


Male Human Alchemist 6 | HP 57 | AC 18 FF 16 T13 | Saves +7/+7/+6 (+4 disease, +2 poison) | Init + 2 | Percep +10

Thanks for the clarification JC. Kyle, my extracts cant be used on other people until level 2.

I cant let this happen. He took me in when I was im need...

"Tessai, keep moving! Corellon, get Devil out of here! I'm going to get his attention!

Morningstar attack on HK: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12
Damage: 1d8 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13

Although I missed hopefully that's enough of a distraction to buy Corellon time to get BD out

Silver Crusade

Male Human Priest Lvl 5; 32 HP; AC:17 [14F/15T]; P+6; [+5F+5R+8W]; [S1:3-S2:4-S3:1-1C-4L]

We could spend one more round to attack the knight. I would wager the knights can only move 40' so we have time before we need to run.


Male Human Fighter 5 HP 45/49 | AC 22 (t13 f20) | F+6 R+5 W+5(+6vs Fear) | Perc +10 | Longsword +11, 1d8+6; Greatsword +12, 2d6+8

Beppo stops once he realizes he is fumbling in the dark with no torch and no darkvision.

S~~~. I can't see s$+$ down here.

He moves back toward the group, sword still out, waiting to see if the rest cut and run or if they fight the hellknights.

In technical terms:

Round 4: Beppo stands as a move action, spends half his standard/second move action running away, then turns around and comes back to the edge of the party group.

Grand Lodge

Kyle:
Unless they are running :P


Male Human Fighter 5 HP 45/49 | AC 22 (t13 f20) | F+6 R+5 W+5(+6vs Fear) | Perc +10 | Longsword +11, 1d8+6; Greatsword +12, 2d6+8
GM-JCServant wrote:
So, the question I have for y'all is, understanding that pulling BD will provoke an attack on BD, do y'all pull BD away?

In other words, we are really only given one option - we need to take out the hellknight immediately. Pulling BD out just means another round of healing and prone party members, unless the GM makes a really crappy AoO roll. Wish I had known/figured that out earlier.

Silver Crusade

Male Human Priest Lvl 5; 32 HP; AC:17 [14F/15T]; P+6; [+5F+5R+8W]; [S1:3-S2:4-S3:1-1C-4L]

Also throwing this out there. BD can use acrobatics while prone to move 5' without provoking. But if you fail? oh boy.

http://www.d20pfsrd.com/skills/acrobatics wrote:
In addition, you can move through a threatened square without provoking an attack of opportunity from an enemy by using Acrobatics... You can use Acrobatics in this way while prone, but doing so requires a full-round action to move 5 feet, and the DC is increased by 5.

Do you feel lucky?

If you try and fail we can hope he doesn't have combat reflexes. Since Brandon is holding him off, lets take advantage to get BD up and running. Someone can drag and another use a potion of CLW on him. Our window of departure is closing.

Grand Lodge

You can change your action for this round, as its not officially resolved yet, and I'm feeding you information as we go along. Normally, at the table, a player might ask, "Can I do xyz?" and make a decision based on that information. So, if, in clarifying a rule or the situation, you want to change your next round action, you're free to do so before 2pm EST


Female Female demon-spawn tiefling oracle 1/paladin (oath against fiends, oath of vengeance) 4/Guardian 1 || AC 20, touch 15, flat-footed 16 (+5 armor, +4 Dex, +1 deflection) Init +1; Senses darkvision 60 ft.; Perception +1; HP: 72/72 || Fort +11, Ref +11, Will +13; +1 vs. evil outsider's spells and effects, +2 vs. death
Brandon Harcroft wrote:

Thanks for the clarification JC. Kyle, my extracts cant be used on other people until level 2.

I cant let this happen. He took me in when I was im need...

"Tessai, keep moving! Corellon, get Devil out of here! I'm going to get his attention!

[dice=Morningstar attack on HK]1d20+4
[dice=Damage]1d8+6

Although I missed hopefully that's enough of a distraction to buy Corellon time to get BD out

Brandon, I believe the HK is flanked -> +2?


Male Human Alchemist 6 | HP 57 | AC 18 FF 16 T13 | Saves +7/+7/+6 (+4 disease, +2 poison) | Init + 2 | Percep +10

Brandon, I believe the HK is flanked -> +2?

If thats the case I had 14 to hit and sneak attack damage if successful.

Sneak attack: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2 +1 from dirty fighter trait


Half-Elven Rogue Lvl 2 HP 15/15 INIT+6 AC 16 CMB+3 CMD+17 Rapier/S. Sword (+6/+3 Dual +5,+1) 1d6+2/18-20x2, 1d6+2/19-20x2 Short Bow (+5) 1d6+2/x3 (F:0 R:6 W:0)

Seeing BD prone and withing reach of the Hellknight, Corellon switches gears and makes an attempt at dispatching him, he jumps at him, attempting to skewer his eye socket.

Attack (rapier): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (14) + 6 = 201d6 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6

whew! Don't suppose I get the flank/sneak effect from the previous round with his 5' step? If so add +2 to the attack roll and add the sneak below:

Sneak Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 3

Silver Crusade

Male Human Priest Lvl 5; 32 HP; AC:17 [14F/15T]; P+6; [+5F+5R+8W]; [S1:3-S2:4-S3:1-1C-4L]

If we take him down this round. Black Devil can easily stand up. Kill!!! But make sure he drops.

Grand Lodge

Corellon Aelasar wrote:

Seeing BD prone and withing reach of the Hellknight, Corellon switches gears and makes an attempt at dispatching him, he jumps at him, attempting to skewer his eye socket.

[dice=Attack (rapier)]1d20+6;1d6+2

whew! Don't suppose I get the flank/sneak effect from the previous round with his 5' step? If so add +2 to the attack roll and add the sneak below:

[dice=Sneak Damage]1d6

Answer: Yup. He's flanked. It's one of my combat abstraction...he was attacked twice in melee last turn, he has flanked condition this turn (which you can see in the last battle status update). Five foot stepping doesn't get rid of it (As long as players five foot step up to stay with him). Once one has the flanked condition, the only way to lose it is to withdraw/flee or wait until you have less than 2 enemies attacking you per round (with melee).

351 to 400 of 6,676 << first < prev | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / JCServant's Council of Thieves All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.