Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

JCServant's Council of Thieves (Inactive)

Game Master JCServant


251 to 300 of 6,676 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | next > last >>
Andoran

With the Helllknights still close behind, Brandon chooses to press on with Devil.

Just got in after my Halloween night out, have a nice weekend all. Hopefully ill be in A fit state topost tomorrow but no guarantees


Male Human Rogue 1 | HP 11 | AC 16 FF 12 T14 | Saves +3/+5/+0 | Init + 7 | Percep +4

When Hal sees the reactions of the others who looked inside the room he decides to forgo the experience himself. "If it is not a way out then let's keep going" he says quietly.

Mentally he attempts to take stock of his new companions and what each one of them can. If the Hellknights had not showed up this could have been quite a fun party.


Male Human Fighter 5 HP 45/49 | AC 22 (t13 f20) | F+6 R+5 W+5(+6vs Fear) | Perc +10 | Longsword +11, 1d8+6; Greatsword +12, 2d6+8

I'm only going in there if this is an homage to the trash compactor scene from Star Wars


Tiefling M Monk 3(Sohei/MoMS) Magus 1 (Spire Defender) AC 19 Tch 15 FF 14 HP 32 F/R/W:6/7/6 Darkvision +8 Init +5

Quick, Kiss Tessai!

Because then she's your sister, see... And I can be Han. :)


Female Female Demon-Spawn Tiefling Oracle 1/Paladin (Oath of Vengeance) 3 || AC 20, touch 15, flat-footed 16 (+5 armor, +4 Dex, +1 deflection) Init +1; Senses darkvision 60 ft.; Perception +1; HP: 39/39 || Fort +10, Ref +11, Will +12; +1 vs. evil outsider's spells and effects, +2 vs. death

Tessai will most definitely take a peek into the room, but only slightly as she passes by.

Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 17


Male Human Alchemist 6 | HP 57 | AC 18 FF 16 T13 | Saves +7/+7/+6 (+4 disease, +2 poison) | Init + 2 | Percep +10

Brandon is nowhere near curious enough. He has a quick glance at the two downed goblins for anything of value but only as he hurries after BD and Hal.

1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24


Tiefling M Monk 3(Sohei/MoMS) Magus 1 (Spire Defender) AC 19 Tch 15 FF 14 HP 32 F/R/W:6/7/6 Darkvision +8 Init +5
Brandon Harcroft wrote:
Brandon is nowhere near curious enough. He has a quick glance at the two downed goblins for anything of value but only as he hurries after BD and Hal.

I think I can speak for us all when I say Brandon is very curious, indeed. :)

Devil ranges ahead. Until the next notable alteration in the sewer's structure or contents, he tries to stay ahead of the party's light and noise. If he's accompanied by a less-sighted person, he still ranges ahead of them, but is sure to silently point out any hazards.

Stealth+7 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (13) + 7 = 20
Perception+5 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20


Male Human Alchemist 6 | HP 57 | AC 18 FF 16 T13 | Saves +7/+7/+6 (+4 disease, +2 poison) | Init + 2 | Percep +10
GM-JCServant wrote:

BTW...Brandon earns a Hero Point/Power Point for his absolute obliteration of the poor, helpless, defenseless, innocent Goblin.

AND, if you don't read the discussion forum on a regular basis, please check it at least once/weekday. I post annoucements there from time to time, and I don't want anyone to miss out.

Quick question JC, are you granting me both a HP and a PP or my choice of either? Thanks very much.


Male Human Alchemist 6 | HP 57 | AC 18 FF 16 T13 | Saves +7/+7/+6 (+4 disease, +2 poison) | Init + 2 | Percep +10
The Black Devil wrote:


I think I can speak for us all when I say Brandon is very curious, indeed. :)

Just wait till you meet Edmond!I've decided he B doesn't change physically until he prestiges into master chymust at lvl9. E will just be a change in the way he acts and carries himself so he would appear broader and taller etc but his personality will be very different.

Grand Lodge

You get both, Brandon. Tessai, based on your earlier post, I would say you got a good enough whiff of the nasty stuff to have to roll a saving throw yourself per my earliest post.

Black Devil:
You scout up and find another intersection. You don't see any immediate threats here. You do see a curious small in a corner that looks out of place.

I have updated everyone character's sheet today with the potions and change in hero points/PP's for Brandon. Power points are tracked in the gear section of your sheets.


Tiefling M Monk 3(Sohei/MoMS) Magus 1 (Spire Defender) AC 19 Tch 15 FF 14 HP 32 F/R/W:6/7/6 Darkvision +8 Init +5

curious small what, please?

Silver Crusade

Male Human Priest Lvl 5; 32 HP; AC:17 [14F/15T]; P+6; [+5F+5R+8W]; [S1:3-S2:4-S3:1-1C-4L]

Don't forget Tess that I give everyone guidance periodically so you can add 1 to your roll.


Male Human Rogue 1 | HP 11 | AC 16 FF 12 T14 | Saves +3/+5/+0 | Init + 7 | Percep +4

Based on the reactions of those who drew close to the room, Hal keeps his distance. "What's in there?"


Tiefling M Monk 3(Sohei/MoMS) Magus 1 (Spire Defender) AC 19 Tch 15 FF 14 HP 32 F/R/W:6/7/6 Darkvision +8 Init +5

GM:

curious small <what> in the corner?

Assuming no threat there, can BD's vision be expected to find the sword marks? If yes, find it, and wait for the group to catch up. When BD's less-sighted (and therefore, lit) backup arrives, silently point out the curious small <what>, and the sword mark, and proceed into the next segment of solitary darkness, while the party proper presumably ponders impertinent petit improbabilities, posthaste.

...and I'll say all that, if you like. Or not, if you prefer to double-blind and turn up the paranoia. :)

Silver Crusade

Male Human Priest Lvl 5; 32 HP; AC:17 [14F/15T]; P+6; [+5F+5R+8W]; [S1:3-S2:4-S3:1-1C-4L]

There is an inordinate amount of debris, feces and decayed carrion piled up in the room. The heaps are large enough to make it impossible to tell what's underneth through natural means without actually digging through it. I don't believe we should take the time with the hellknights behind us. Kyle explains.


Female Female Demon-Spawn Tiefling Oracle 1/Paladin (Oath of Vengeance) 3 || AC 20, touch 15, flat-footed 16 (+5 armor, +4 Dex, +1 deflection) Init +1; Senses darkvision 60 ft.; Perception +1; HP: 39/39 || Fort +10, Ref +11, Will +12; +1 vs. evil outsider's spells and effects, +2 vs. death

We can now say that we are veritably fighting in the shade... And knee deep in... shade?


Female Female Demon-Spawn Tiefling Oracle 1/Paladin (Oath of Vengeance) 3 || AC 20, touch 15, flat-footed 16 (+5 armor, +4 Dex, +1 deflection) Init +1; Senses darkvision 60 ft.; Perception +1; HP: 39/39 || Fort +10, Ref +11, Will +12; +1 vs. evil outsider's spells and effects, +2 vs. death

Foulness Hal, just plain damned foulness - we are definitely going through the gut of this city, and it seems to have many poorly digested secrets...

Fort: 1d20 + 1 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 1 + 3 = 23


Half-Elven Rogue Lvl 2 HP 15/15 INIT+6 AC 16 CMB+3 CMD+17 Rapier/S. Sword (+6/+3 Dual +5,+1) 1d6+2/18-20x2, 1d6+2/19-20x2 Short Bow (+5) 1d6+2/x3 (F:0 R:6 W:0)

"Whatever is hidden in there, if anything, let it remain buried deep. If curiosity compels us we can always come back here, but for now haste should be our charge, lets be off.

Corellon dismisses the room and tucks his face into the folds of hos hood as he passes.

Grand Lodge

Black Devil:
Small rock...against the wall. Strikes you as ooc. You see the arrow pointing left. If you want to move up to the next intersection which seems to be placed anywhere from 100' to 300' apart, roll another stealth and perception check.

The party moves past the foul room and begins to approach Black Devil's location. Everything is still pretty dark outside of the party's illumination. The sounds on Janiven drawing away the forces is now too distant to be heard, or has been silenced. The boy moves with the group, occasionally making the statement, "I hope she's OK."


Male Human Fighter 5 HP 45/49 | AC 22 (t13 f20) | F+6 R+5 W+5(+6vs Fear) | Perc +10 | Longsword +11, 1d8+6; Greatsword +12, 2d6+8

Beppo nods in agreement with Corellon and heads toward Black Devil.


Tiefling M Monk 3(Sohei/MoMS) Magus 1 (Spire Defender) AC 19 Tch 15 FF 14 HP 32 F/R/W:6/7/6 Darkvision +8 Init +5

Devil lingers at the start of the next tunnel on their path, until the party's approaching light reveals him. He points to a lone rock in the room, rather incongruously left against the wall, and shrugs, a look of question on his hard-to-read face. Then he stalks on ahead.

Stealth +7 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (16) + 7 = 23
Perception +5 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20


Male Human Rogue 1 | HP 11 | AC 16 FF 12 T14 | Saves +3/+5/+0 | Init + 7 | Percep +4

Tessai's comment brings a chuckle from Hal. When he is done he inhales and immediately regrets the tiefling's jest.

Silver Crusade

Male Human Priest Lvl 5; 32 HP; AC:17 [14F/15T]; P+6; [+5F+5R+8W]; [S1:3-S2:4-S3:1-1C-4L]

Kyle points to the rock. Could someone have tampered with this thing? I'd hate for it to have moved and point in the wrong direction.

He scrutinizes the rock and looks to see if it had moved from its original location.

Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14

Kyle maintains guidance on the members close to him and light on his holy symbol.

Grand Lodge

Seemingly random GM roll: 1d20 ⇒ 14
Seemingly random GM roll: 1d20 ⇒ 19

Black Devil:
As you move ahead, you see a faint light from around a corner about 150 ft forward.


Tiefling M Monk 3(Sohei/MoMS) Magus 1 (Spire Defender) AC 19 Tch 15 FF 14 HP 32 F/R/W:6/7/6 Darkvision +8 Init +5

GM:

Stationary source? Moving source? Flickering light? Constant light? Color? Devil will continue his approach.


Male Human Rogue 1 | HP 11 | AC 16 FF 12 T14 | Saves +3/+5/+0 | Init + 7 | Percep +4
Kyle Gray wrote:

Kyle points to the rock. Could someone have tampered with this thing? I'd hate for it to have moved and point in the wrong direction.

Kyle's comment leaves Hal cold. How would we make our way out of here? What if the Order of the Rack changed the signs to lead us into a trap?

Grand Lodge

Seemingly random GM roll: 1d20 ⇒ 6
Seemingly random GM roll: 1d20 ⇒ 3

BD:
The light source is steady and unmoving. You are now 75' away. Because the source is around a corner, you are unable to determine exactly what its source is.


Tiefling M Monk 3(Sohei/MoMS) Magus 1 (Spire Defender) AC 19 Tch 15 FF 14 HP 32 F/R/W:6/7/6 Darkvision +8 Init +5

GM:

Closer still. Is it candle-yellow? Magic-white? Fire-beetle-red?

But closer. The party won't be long with the question of the rock. BD feels the scouting to be a deliverable coming due.

(One of us maybe should point out to them it's not the arrow's stone that is oddly-placed)

Grand Lodge

1d20 ⇒ 5
1d20 ⇒ 1

BD:
It's a white light. You are now very close...any further in, and you risk being exposed by it. You're close enough to hear breathing...heavy breathing.

Silver Crusade

Male Human Priest Lvl 5; 32 HP; AC:17 [14F/15T]; P+6; [+5F+5R+8W]; [S1:3-S2:4-S3:1-1C-4L]

Kyle wonders why someone who was creating signs to show the way would put one in a different place and on an odd stone that could be easily manipulated. He looks to see if he can find other signs in the room. He also uses detect magic and looks behind the stone (first trying to do it without touching).

Perception: 1d20 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 4 + 1 = 22

Grand Lodge

I never said there were signs on the odd rock that looks out of place


Tiefling M Monk 3(Sohei/MoMS) Magus 1 (Spire Defender) AC 19 Tch 15 FF 14 HP 32 F/R/W:6/7/6 Darkvision +8 Init +5

GM:

Gotta peek, or I really haven't gained anything we couldn't have by all rolling down the halls together...

so, Stealth/Perc?

Stealth +7 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (10) + 7 = 17
Perc +5 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20

Silver Crusade

Male Human Priest Lvl 5; 32 HP; AC:17 [14F/15T]; P+6; [+5F+5R+8W]; [S1:3-S2:4-S3:1-1C-4L]

Oops, sorry.

Kyle investigates the stone in that case and tries to determine what its doing there. Use the perception roll to look for traps.


Female Female Demon-Spawn Tiefling Oracle 1/Paladin (Oath of Vengeance) 3 || AC 20, touch 15, flat-footed 16 (+5 armor, +4 Dex, +1 deflection) Init +1; Senses darkvision 60 ft.; Perception +1; HP: 39/39 || Fort +10, Ref +11, Will +12; +1 vs. evil outsider's spells and effects, +2 vs. death

Tessai keeps watching our rear attentively for any sights or sounds.

Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10

Silver Crusade

Male Human Priest Lvl 5; 32 HP; AC:17 [14F/15T]; P+6; [+5F+5R+8W]; [S1:3-S2:4-S3:1-1C-4L]

I hate to see BD advance too ahead of the group. Although Kyle is interested in the odd stone, he would not spend too much time on it and would avoid making a loud noise that could be caused by moving it. He is curious about its purpose and what it might be hiding behind it. Is their a knowledge check he could make? If nothing can be determined within three rounds he would follow after the direction BD took.


Male Human Alchemist 6 | HP 57 | AC 18 FF 16 T13 | Saves +7/+7/+6 (+4 disease, +2 poison) | Init + 2 | Percep +10

Brandon will continue to move up with Beppo and Hal. He wouldn't say he is now used to the stench but it certainly doesn't have the stomach churning effect it did when he first entered the sewers.

Is the corridor still 10' wide?


Tiefling M Monk 3(Sohei/MoMS) Magus 1 (Spire Defender) AC 19 Tch 15 FF 14 HP 32 F/R/W:6/7/6 Darkvision +8 Init +5
Kyle Gray wrote:
I hate to see BD advance too ahead of the group. Although Kyle is interested in the odd stone, he would not spend too much time on it and would avoid making a loud noise that could be caused by moving it. He is curious about its purpose and what it might be hiding behind it. Is their a knowledge check he could make? If nothing can be determined within three rounds he would follow after the direction BD took.

I still don't know what he's advanced TO, so I feel I have space to say that BD won't go too far, but will try to make his scouting of value. If we all knew each other a bit better, we might have a better plan, but for now, he's the submarine screen ahead of your carrier group.

Grand Lodge

1d20 ⇒ 13
1d20 ⇒ 14
1d20 ⇒ 4
1d20 ⇒ 5

BD:
. As you peek around the corner, you see two hellknights, waiting for you. You attempt to retreat, but they are too quick. One grabs you by the arm, the other grabs you by the throat. A rebel scum! I told you I heard something coming that way! The other one jeers, Yes. Fine. Knock him out. Unless they split up, there are probably others behind him. There were over a half dozen of them in the tavern. Quick! Signal the others above that we might need reinforcements. As the fingers wrap themselves around your throat, he pulls a cloth to put over your face. You have a brief second that you could try to scream...

Kyle, you hear a rattling behind the rock. You detect magic from behind the stone.

After a few moments of waiting, you notice that Black Devil has not returned. You do know what direction he went if you wish to pursue.


Female Female Demon-Spawn Tiefling Oracle 1/Paladin (Oath of Vengeance) 3 || AC 20, touch 15, flat-footed 16 (+5 armor, +4 Dex, +1 deflection) Init +1; Senses darkvision 60 ft.; Perception +1; HP: 39/39 || Fort +10, Ref +11, Will +12; +1 vs. evil outsider's spells and effects, +2 vs. death

Tessai will not go past Kyle, and when the end of the marching group reaches him she asks:

What's up Kyle?

Silver Crusade

Male Human Priest Lvl 5; 32 HP; AC:17 [14F/15T]; P+6; [+5F+5R+8W]; [S1:3-S2:4-S3:1-1C-4L]

Kyle studies the magic to determine what kind and studies the noise to determine if he recognizes it.

Is there a spellcraft or knowledge check I need to make?

There is something rattling behind this stone that emits magic. Kyle blurts out. I'm trying to figure out what kind of magic.


Male Human Fighter 5 HP 45/49 | AC 22 (t13 f20) | F+6 R+5 W+5(+6vs Fear) | Perc +10 | Longsword +11, 1d8+6; Greatsword +12, 2d6+8

Well, let's figure it out quick-like. I don't like that our scout hasn't returned.

Beppo steps toward the stone and raises a boot.

No traps, right?

There's still a chance to stop him before he kicks over the rock to see what's on the other side.

Perc (if appropriate): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13

Silver Crusade

Male Human Priest Lvl 5; 32 HP; AC:17 [14F/15T]; P+6; [+5F+5R+8W]; [S1:3-S2:4-S3:1-1C-4L]

Kyle studies the aura and rattle noise for the school of magic and cause of the noise.

Knowledge Arcana: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25

I suspect a trap. Hold off on touching it.


Male Human Alchemist 6 | HP 57 | AC 18 FF 16 T13 | Saves +7/+7/+6 (+4 disease, +2 poison) | Init + 2 | Percep +10

"I told Devil not to get separated!" Brandon hisses as he prods his right forefinger against his temple over and again, quite forcefully, as if driving home a piece of information he is desperately trying to remember.

"Tessai, can you see him ahead?" he asks, the tick subsiding.


Female Female Demon-Spawn Tiefling Oracle 1/Paladin (Oath of Vengeance) 3 || AC 20, touch 15, flat-footed 16 (+5 armor, +4 Dex, +1 deflection) Init +1; Senses darkvision 60 ft.; Perception +1; HP: 39/39 || Fort +10, Ref +11, Will +12; +1 vs. evil outsider's spells and effects, +2 vs. death

Forgetting completely about the stone, Tessai moves ahead and close to Brandon - What do you mean? Devil is gone? - She takes a few steps further down the tunnel ahead to move from the ruckus of the group and watches, also listening intently for any signs of Devil.

Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 22


Tiefling M Monk 3(Sohei/MoMS) Magus 1 (Spire Defender) AC 19 Tch 15 FF 14 HP 32 F/R/W:6/7/6 Darkvision +8 Init +5

"I SURRENDER!"

:)

Grand Lodge

BD:
Do you scream that out? (You're kinda far away from party)

Tessai, the tunnel ahead is far away, and while it's not exactly misty, the dirt in the air makes it hard to see more than a couple hundred feet at most.

Silver Crusade

Male Human Priest Lvl 5; 32 HP; AC:17 [14F/15T]; P+6; [+5F+5R+8W]; [S1:3-S2:4-S3:1-1C-4L]

Let's get going. I'm sure this is a trap, plus we need to keep moving.


Tiefling M Monk 3(Sohei/MoMS) Magus 1 (Spire Defender) AC 19 Tch 15 FF 14 HP 32 F/R/W:6/7/6 Darkvision +8 Init +5

GM (and I should have spoilered last post...) :

(I thought that was your intent, and I was guessing at 150' he'd be heard)

Yes, BD surrenders to the two guys who came out of nowhere and so handily subdued him. To quote Hammet: "I can be bent. I bent."

Grand Lodge

BD:
check your messages.


Male Human Alchemist 6 | HP 57 | AC 18 FF 16 T13 | Saves +7/+7/+6 (+4 disease, +2 poison) | Init + 2 | Percep +10

Perception to hear BDs scream: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13

If indeed that's what he did

251 to 300 of 6,676 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / JCServant's Council of Thieves All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.