Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends


JCServant's Council of Thieves (Inactive)

Game Master JCServant


801 to 850 of 6,676 << first < prev | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | next > last >>
Silver Crusade

Male Human Priest Lvl 5; 32 HP; AC:17 [14F/15T]; P+6; [+5F+5R+8W]; [S1:3-S2:4-S3:1-1C-4L]

Kyle tries to enjoy the moment before the attack. He says a little prayer to Shelyn.


Male Human Fighter 5 HP 45/49 | AC 22 (t13 f20) | F+6 R+5 W+5(+6vs Fear) | Perc +10 | Longsword +11, 1d8+6; Greatsword +12, 2d6+8

Beppo examines the carriage as he prepares to jump on the signal.

Hmm... If we get close to the ballista, it should have trouble hitting anything close to the wagon. But what about our poor mates at range?

Grand Lodge

Quote:
He says a little prayer to Shelyn.

Hmmmmm...prayers...maybe a WHISPERED prayer? I think so...!!!! LOL


Male Human Fighter 5 HP 45/49 | AC 22 (t13 f20) | F+6 R+5 W+5(+6vs Fear) | Perc +10 | Longsword +11, 1d8+6; Greatsword +12, 2d6+8

Beppo chances another whisper to his mates.

Stay close to the wagon if you can.


Tiefling M Monk 3(Sohei/MoMS) Magus 1 (Spire Defender) AC 19 Tch 15 FF 14 HP 32 F/R/W:6/7/6 Darkvision +8 Init +5
Beppo van Drotske wrote:

Beppo chances another whisper to his mates.

Stay close to the wagon if you can.

Devil (silently) wonders if what Brandon has may be catching.

:)

Silver Crusade

Male Human Priest Lvl 5; 32 HP; AC:17 [14F/15T]; P+6; [+5F+5R+8W]; [S1:3-S2:4-S3:1-1C-4L]

Kyle almost drops his crossbow as his chin drops and he freezes in expectation of what happens next.

Grand Lodge

1d20 ⇒ 9

I'm tellin' ya, I know I heard

Wait! the other knight says suddenly, holding up his hand[/b]

Up ahead, 200' away, the horses carrying the knights suddenly topple over, their riders thrown against the ground hard as the beasts crash down. Janiven's party continues to run further into the woods beyond.

Dammit!!!, yells one of the knights. It was some sort of ambush. Man the bow! Turn this carriage around!! We're going back to Westcrown to get a real escort

Beppo:
There is not enough room on the bridge for the carriage to turn around. It will take at least a minute to pull it out and turn it 180 degress.

Grand Lodge

Status

Far away and getting further: Janiven's Party
200'N Knights prone on the ground with horses on top of them
0' Carriage on Bridge
30'S Party

I'm busy the rest of the day. Next update around 10am EST tomorrow.

Silver Crusade

Male Human Priest Lvl 5; 32 HP; AC:17 [14F/15T]; P+6; [+5F+5R+8W]; [S1:3-S2:4-S3:1-1C-4L]

Kyle looks at Tessai for the command. He feels his heart pumping louder and he feels like he could carry the carriage if he had to.


Male Human Alchemist 6 | HP 57 | AC 18 FF 16 T13 | Saves +7/+7/+6 (+4 disease, +2 poison) | Init + 2 | Percep +10

Tessai isn't around today to post the order to attack.

Beads of sweat start to form on Brandon's brow and the hand holding the vial begins to shake.

Hold... It... Together. You could get everyone killed if you lose control.

He looks across to Tessai and gives her a nod and tries to offer a reassuring smile to the rest of his companions, especially Devil and Aemon - the only ones who seem to have picked up that anything was wrong. It looks more like a grimace.

Its almost time... He tips the liquid down his throat and feels the now familiar sensation of his bones elongating, muscles expanding, skin stretching. He tries to remain crouched in the undergrowth as he reaches his full 12 feet, hoping the guards are still distracted.

Brandon looks across to Tessai and together they silently count down.

Three... The horses begin to topple...
Two... The guard raises his hand and shouts a warning, they are on to us...
One... Go time...

Status:

Hp=14/14
Ac=18 Ff=14 Touch=11


Male Human Fighter 5 HP 45/49 | AC 22 (t13 f20) | F+6 R+5 W+5(+6vs Fear) | Perc +10 | Longsword +11, 1d8+6; Greatsword +12, 2d6+8

Beppo smacks Tessai on the shoulder.

They're stuck!

Eyes wide, he turns to face the carriage and grips his zweihander mit zwei hands.

Now, dammit, now!

He takes off, full tilt, at the carriage while the hellknights are in the process of fumbling with the carriage on a bridge too narrow for the task.

GM -- Here's what I would like to do:
Side note -- I assume we get a surprise round -- Right?
A. If possible, race to the carriage and try to free the reins (only if someone else in lighter armor is not already taking that duty).
B. Otherwise, Beppo will charge the nearest hellknight and look to take his head off.


Tiefling M Monk 3(Sohei/MoMS) Magus 1 (Spire Defender) AC 19 Tch 15 FF 14 HP 32 F/R/W:6/7/6 Darkvision +8 Init +5

"and grips his zweihander mit zwei hands." Love it.

GM and captain both Away from Table. Patience, is the soul of the hunter.


Female Female demon-spawn tiefling oracle 1/paladin (oath against fiends, oath of vengeance) 4/Guardian 1 || AC 20, touch 15, flat-footed 16 (+5 armor, +4 Dex, +1 deflection) Init +1; Senses darkvision 60 ft.; Perception +1; HP: 48/72 || Fort +11, Ref +11, Will +13; +1 vs. evil outsider's spells and effects, +2 vs. death

easy guys, we have until tomorrow for my attack voice :D I'll retcon post in a few ;) Also, GM immediately when the horses fall down, Tessai would cast her Shield of Faith as requested in the Discussion thread, if that is ok?


Female Female demon-spawn tiefling oracle 1/paladin (oath against fiends, oath of vengeance) 4/Guardian 1 || AC 20, touch 15, flat-footed 16 (+5 armor, +4 Dex, +1 deflection) Init +1; Senses darkvision 60 ft.; Perception +1; HP: 48/72 || Fort +11, Ref +11, Will +13; +1 vs. evil outsider's spells and effects, +2 vs. death
Kyle Gray wrote:
Kyle looks at Tessai for the command. He feels his heart pumping louder and he feels like he could carry the carriage if he had to.

Tessai returns Kyle's look with a firm gaze and serious expression, understanding the emotions lurking below the peaceful man surface.


Female Female demon-spawn tiefling oracle 1/paladin (oath against fiends, oath of vengeance) 4/Guardian 1 || AC 20, touch 15, flat-footed 16 (+5 armor, +4 Dex, +1 deflection) Init +1; Senses darkvision 60 ft.; Perception +1; HP: 48/72 || Fort +11, Ref +11, Will +13; +1 vs. evil outsider's spells and effects, +2 vs. death
Brandon Harcroft wrote:

Tessai isn't around today to post the order to attack.

Beads of sweat start to form on Brandon's brow and the hand holding the vial begins to shake.

Hold... It... Together. You could get everyone killed if you lose control.

He looks across to Tessai and gives her a nod and tries to offer a reassuring smile to the rest of his companions, especially Devil and Aemon - the only ones who seem to have picked up that anything was wrong. It looks more like a grimace.

Its almost time... He tips the liquid down his throat and feels the now familiar sensation of his bones elongating, muscles expanding, skin stretching. He tries to remain crouched in the undergrowth as he reaches his full 12 feet, hoping the guards are still distracted.

Brandon looks across to Tessai and together they silently count down.

Three... The horses begin to topple...
Two... The guard raises his hand and shouts a warning, they are on to us...
One... Go time...

** spoiler omitted **

Brandon's nod is met with another from Tessai, and a wink in an attempt to ease the pressure that is clearly visible in his face.


Female Female demon-spawn tiefling oracle 1/paladin (oath against fiends, oath of vengeance) 4/Guardian 1 || AC 20, touch 15, flat-footed 16 (+5 armor, +4 Dex, +1 deflection) Init +1; Senses darkvision 60 ft.; Perception +1; HP: 48/72 || Fort +11, Ref +11, Will +13; +1 vs. evil outsider's spells and effects, +2 vs. death
Beppo van Drotske wrote:

Beppo smacks Tessai on the shoulder.

They're stuck!

Eyes wide, he turns to face the carriage and grips his zweihander mit zwei hands.

Now, dammit, now!

He takes off, full tilt, at the carriage while the hellknights are in the process of fumbling with the carriage on a bridge too narrow for the task.

GM -- Here's what I would like to do:
Side note -- I assume we get a surprise round -- Right?
A. If possible, race to the carriage and try to free the reins (only if someone else in lighter armor is not already taking that duty).
B. Otherwise, Beppo will charge the nearest hellknight and look to take his head off.

Grinning openly at Beppo's urgent request, Tessai finishes intoning what had been thus far, an almost inaudible prayer - it rises steadily but never above a whisper, and when it is finished, a shimmering field with strips of darkness surrounds her for a split second, coalescing almost immediately into nothingness upon her clothes and armor.

Spellcraft DC....16:
Tessai has cast Shield of Faith

Her dark orbs glimmering as she stares at Beppo, for what seems to be an eternity in these urgent moments, she quietly lets go: Yes Beppo... And to all - NOW - as she heads out from under the bridge.

Status:

HP: 13/13
AC: 20

Silver Crusade

Male Human Priest Lvl 5; 32 HP; AC:17 [14F/15T]; P+6; [+5F+5R+8W]; [S1:3-S2:4-S3:1-1C-4L]

spellcraft: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8
Not knowing what Tessai did, Kyle jumps to action and releases his crossbow at the nearest hellknight.
attack: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 16
damage: 1d8 ⇒ 5
Kyle's nerves takes over and he does his best to aim. What happened to my song? Kyle asks himself.


Tiefling M Monk 3(Sohei/MoMS) Magus 1 (Spire Defender) AC 19 Tch 15 FF 14 HP 32 F/R/W:6/7/6 Darkvision +8 Init +5
Kyle Gray wrote:
What happened to my song? Kyle asks himself.

"Today there is no day or night...

Devil surges over the top of his hiding place, hurling his ready chakram at the knight that just sprouted Kyle's fletching.

chakram +3 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 14
...just in case, 1d8+1 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

"Today there is no wrong or right...

He rushes in, mindful of his stance, his bill already in its practiced motion...

"Today there is no black or white...

Standard action to throw, move to close and ready the bill, swift action for Crane Stance. If I missed, I blame this darn mask.

"...Only Shades of Grey!

...this darn Grey mask.


Male Human Alchemist 6 | HP 57 | AC 18 FF 16 T13 | Saves +7/+7/+6 (+4 disease, +2 poison) | Init + 2 | Percep +10

Drawing himself up to his full height Brandon steps out of cover and follows Beppo toward the wagon.

With his reach now 20ft, Bran thrusts at the driver to halt the progress of the wagon. If he cannot do this in the surprise round it will be his R1 action.

Devil and Aemon know! They heard me, they know I'm...

The thoughts keep chasing eachother through his head until he is at the point of near panic. He can see Edmon's twisted grin on the face of every Hellknight, looking at him, laughing, mocking.

AAAARRGGGHH! OUT OF MY HEAD!

Spear thrust at driver: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24
Confirmation: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24
Damage: 2d6 + 7 + 2d6 + 7 + 2d6 + 7 ⇒ (5, 5) + 7 + (2, 3) + 7 + (5, 3) + 7 = 44

That's the second time this has happened, JC these boards must have a flair for the dramatic!

Grand Lodge

I don't have the time this evening to resolve this round proper...but a few things.

In case it isn't clear, the wagon went PAST the party, so the driver and horses are on the far side of the carriage. You'll need to get past a number of Hell Knights to get to the driver. On the bright side, since they are fully convinced their forward knight's on horses are in jeopardy (They are on the ground under horses after all), they aren't trying to rush forward.

It stands to reason that given they didn't detect you earlier, this is a surprise round. That means one action, or one attack. I will allow a "partial charge", allowing you to move up to your normal move speed and again 1 attack with a +2 bonus to hit, -2 AC until your next turn.

If you rolled melee attack, then leave it. I'll presume your charged to make the attack work. Thanks y'all!! :)


Male Human Alchemist 6 | HP 57 | AC 18 FF 16 T13 | Saves +7/+7/+6 (+4 disease, +2 poison) | Init + 2 | Percep +10

Just too late to edit my post. Brandon attacks one of the rearmost Hellknights in that case and also deals sneak damage just to rub salt in the (gaping) wound

Sneak: 1d6 ⇒ 6

Important point, my AC will now be 16 next round so I'm getting ready for the backlash


Male Chelaxian-Human Ranger 4 | HP 44 | AC 18 FF 15 T13 | Saves +6/+8/+3 | Init + 4 | Percep +10

Stepping out from cover Aemon takes a shot at the driver in hopes of stopping it.

Aemon shouts
Make sure to disable the caravan

Don't miss, don't miss Aemon.

1d20 + 5 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 5 + 2 + 1 = 14 +1 for point blank?
1d8 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10


Female Female demon-spawn tiefling oracle 1/paladin (oath against fiends, oath of vengeance) 4/Guardian 1 || AC 20, touch 15, flat-footed 16 (+5 armor, +4 Dex, +1 deflection) Init +1; Senses darkvision 60 ft.; Perception +1; HP: 48/72 || Fort +11, Ref +11, Will +13; +1 vs. evil outsider's spells and effects, +2 vs. death

Surprise round: If there is a free path to go up to the ballista-like weapon on the carriage (meaning without taking AoO), Tessai will try to go there directly - using Agile Feet as a swift action, if it would help at all, and attack whichever hellknight attempts to man it. If there is no such path available, Tessai will attack the closest Hellknight, trying to take him down as fast as possible.

Attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18
Damage if it hits:1d6 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7


Half-Elven Rogue Lvl 2 HP 15/15 INIT+6 AC 16 CMB+3 CMD+17 Rapier/S. Sword (+6/+3 Dual +5,+1) 1d6+2/18-20x2, 1d6+2/19-20x2 Short Bow (+5) 1d6+2/x3 (F:0 R:6 W:0)

Corellon grins in anticipation at Beppo, a front to the dire emotions within Bluff (untrained): 1d20 ⇒ 17 and for a moment, even he believes in his on reassurance. He says to Beppo in a hushed tone, "I'll try to sever the reigns." He rushes (mini-charge) forward, picking each step as carefully as possible as he races to minimize the noise. Stealth: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (19) + 8 = 27.

His rapier drawn he makes a savage swipe at one of the unsuspecting Hellknights.

Attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 16
Damage: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7
Sneak Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 5

Grand Lodge

Combat, Round Surprise
23 Kyle
22 B Devil
22 Hal
22 H Knight F
20 Tessai
18 H Knight A
16 H Knight B
11 H Knight L
11 H Knight C
10 Correllon
10 Beppo
6 H Knight E
5 H Knight D
5 Brandon

Party's Turn
Brandon drinks his mutagen, growing much larger. Note: This action starts combat, as now the enemies can clearly see a much larger Brandon that was once hiding behind shrubbery (that’s now too small for him). Beppo charges forward (attack rolls?) to the Hell knights as Tessai stands and casts a spell. Kyle stands and looses his crossbow bolt, striking Hell Knight D. The Black Devil throws a Chakrum at the same knight and also finds his mark. Brandon charges forward (no too close with his reach) obliterating Hell Knight E. Aemon tries to hit the driver, but barely misses him. (Tessai, you already cast after combat started, consuming your surprise round…your roll can be your next round attack, however).

Enemy’s Turn
One of the Hell Knights yell, Behind us! One in particular looks rather vicious, wearing better armor than the rest. The real ambush is behind us! Men, at the ready! Bowman, fire!!

Enemy attacks (You can click if you’re curious and/or want to double check what I declared as a hit/miss):
None…they don’t get a turn.

Status
10' N Horse (Perfect), Horse (Perfect)

5' Back H Knight A (Perfect,Ballista), H Knight B (Perfect,), H Knight C (Perfect,),
EFL H Knight D (Hurt,), H Knight E (KO'd,), H Knight F (Perfect,), H Knight L (Perfect,),
PFL Beppo (13/13 ),
20' Back Brandon (14/14 ),
30' Back Correllon (9/9 ), Hal (11/11 ), Kyle (8/8 ), Tessai (13/13 Shield of Faith), B Devil (10/10 ),

Next post is around 2pm EST. Please have your moves in before then. Thanks!

Corr...you posted after the 10am EST time...basically ninja'ing me as a I was preparing this massive post. I wouldn't mind squeezing you in, but I'm late for a meeting as it is, and editing all of this is harder than it looks. I'll have to post your results next round (you'll essentially get two turns next round). Try to post before the deadlines to have your actions counted properly. Thanks!!


Female Female demon-spawn tiefling oracle 1/paladin (oath against fiends, oath of vengeance) 4/Guardian 1 || AC 20, touch 15, flat-footed 16 (+5 armor, +4 Dex, +1 deflection) Init +1; Senses darkvision 60 ft.; Perception +1; HP: 48/72 || Fort +11, Ref +11, Will +13; +1 vs. evil outsider's spells and effects, +2 vs. death

Looking at the description, I am going to assume that I will not have a way around to reach the guy in the ballista, unless I want to be massively hit by AoO. So, I'm gonna pray to Cailean that the guy does not have Precise Shot (:D), and shout out to our ranged capable elements:

Take out the ballista from range!!

A swift and short prayer brings yet another layer of magic to surround Tessai, this time golden flecked and soft - Judgement of Sacred Healing 1 (Su) Fast Healing - then she moves forward, taking up the brunt of the first line, and engaging H Knight F with a vicious strike. I guess it makes sense to insert my previous attack here for the 7 points of damage, if it hits.

While in combat, she incites Brandon: Great job giant man!! Stay one step behind me and Beppo, and in the middle of us, so you can attack both our opponents, and others if they try to approach!!

Silver Crusade

Male Human Priest Lvl 5; 32 HP; AC:17 [14F/15T]; P+6; [+5F+5R+8W]; [S1:3-S2:4-S3:1-1C-4L]

Kyle hears Tessai and attacks Hellknight A with a lightening arc (ranged touch attack). This time he remembers to use his guidance.
Lightening Arc: 1d20 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 2 + 1 = 15
Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 1

He ducks under cover afterwards.


Male Chelaxian-Human Ranger 4 | HP 44 | AC 18 FF 15 T13 | Saves +6/+8/+3 | Init + 4 | Percep +10

jc you seem to have missed me from the initiative and line out i'm sure it's because your really busy :)

Damn it Aemon pull it together, you don't want to let these people down. You've let to may people down already!

Almost shocked at the power and precision Brandon showed Aemon shouts.
Wow Brandon... keep it up!

Shacking his head he aims for Knight manning the ballista Knight A.

1d20 + 5 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 5 + 2 + 1 = 9
1d20 + 5 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 5 + 2 + 1 = 13 To not miss? not sure how you deal with one's
1d8 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 2 + 1 = 9

Grand Lodge

Yeah, sorry about that. You're 13 on the list. Keep in mind it really only affects the first normal round of combat as it determines whether or not your opponent is flatfooted.
10' N-- Horse (Perfect), Horse (Perfect)
5' N-- H Knight A (Perfect,Ballista, Cover, 10' Altitude), H Knight B (Perfect,), H Knight C (Perfect,),
EFL-- H Knight D (Hurt,), H Knight E (KO'd,Totally Skewered), H Knight F (Perfect,), H Knight L (Perfect,),
PFL-- Beppo (13/13 ),
20' S-- Brandon (14/14 ),
30' S-- Correllon (9/9 ), Hal (11/11 ), Kyle (8/8 Shield of Faith), Tessai (13/13 ), B Devil (10/10 ), Aemon (12/12 ),

You do not need to confirm crit misses in Pbp. I do in my table games. The Critical miss deck is AWESOME!


Male Human Alchemist 6 | HP 57 | AC 18 FF 16 T13 | Saves +7/+7/+6 (+4 disease, +2 poison) | Init + 2 | Percep +10

Yeah we use the miss deck in the Jade Regent game im running, it definitely adds tension!


Male Chelaxian-Human Ranger 4 | HP 44 | AC 18 FF 15 T13 | Saves +6/+8/+3 | Init + 4 | Percep +10

No problem. I weren't sure how it was run on here, but i agree the miss and crit cards are so much more fun.


Tiefling M Monk 3(Sohei/MoMS) Magus 1 (Spire Defender) AC 19 Tch 15 FF 14 HP 32 F/R/W:6/7/6 Darkvision +8 Init +5

{Beppo? Brandon? Shall we file a guest list?}, Devil muses, and sighs. "Terrence! Phillip!", he calls out. "Help the Abbott and the Castellan with the gas!"

And you other three stooges, stop using names! :)

Grand Lodge

If I'm seeing correctly, there's three actions in plus Corr's delayed posting. The next posting time is coming up awefully fast. Everyone needs to have their actions in or they will get skipped. Thanks!


Female Female demon-spawn tiefling oracle 1/paladin (oath against fiends, oath of vengeance) 4/Guardian 1 || AC 20, touch 15, flat-footed 16 (+5 armor, +4 Dex, +1 deflection) Init +1; Senses darkvision 60 ft.; Perception +1; HP: 48/72 || Fort +11, Ref +11, Will +13; +1 vs. evil outsider's spells and effects, +2 vs. death

Tessai keeps up the assault on the Hellknight facing her.

Do not relent! And take down that ballista!!!

To her opponent she taunts: How does it feel when you are facing someone who fights back?! Instead of the defenseless you are used to pushing around?!

Attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 16
Damage if it hits: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6

apologies for maybe posting ahead of time


Tiefling M Monk 3(Sohei/MoMS) Magus 1 (Spire Defender) AC 19 Tch 15 FF 14 HP 32 F/R/W:6/7/6 Darkvision +8 Init +5

Chakram +3 at Ballista Archer 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 20
d8+1 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6

Tail swift to fetch from under cloak, ready with move to a clear shot(still in the general line, if I can), standard to throw

Sorry no post-dressing, other RL stuff


Half-Elven Rogue Lvl 2 HP 15/15 INIT+6 AC 16 CMB+3 CMD+17 Rapier/S. Sword (+6/+3 Dual +5,+1) 1d6+2/18-20x2, 1d6+2/19-20x2 Short Bow (+5) 1d6+2/x3 (F:0 R:6 W:0)

I should be beside Beppo on the PFL, with my first, sneak attack. If my first target is not down then I will attack the him, then the next, preferably trying to set up for flanking and sneak damage. Also trying to hug the carriage so that I am out of range of the balista.

Attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18
Damage: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7
Sneak Damage if applicable: 1d6 ⇒ 5

Grand Lodge

I didn't have you beside him because I resolved the combat round before you got your action in. This round, because you were that close to the wire, I'm going to give you two actions....which I don't normally do. I am working on resolution of Round 2 now...but my phones are really busy so its taking just a tad longer than normal


Male Human Fighter 5 HP 45/49 | AC 22 (t13 f20) | F+6 R+5 W+5(+6vs Fear) | Perc +10 | Longsword +11, 1d8+6; Greatsword +12, 2d6+8

Sorry for the delay, folks. Brutally busy.

If it's allowed, I will post an attack for the surprise round, like so:
attack(charge bonus): 1d20 + 2 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 2 + 4 = 8
damage: 2d6 + 4 ⇒ (6, 4) + 4 = 14

I will attack Hellknight D assuming he/she is damaged but alive - otherwise I will attack F

GM: which HK is the extra-vicious-looking one?

Round 1:

Beppo stands at the front, hoping to draw attention from Corellon so that the rogue can get in a sneak attack and/or free the horses. He swings his greatsword in a wide arc...

attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10
damage: 2d6 + 4 ⇒ (1, 2) + 4 = 7

...and probably does nothing of any value whatsoever.

Grand Lodge

Combat, Round 1
23 Kyle
22 B Devil
22 Hal
22 H Knight F
20 Tessai
18 H Knight A
16 Aemon

16 H Knight B
11 H Knight L
11 H Knight C
10 Correllon
10 Beppo
6 H Knight E
5 H Knight D
5 Brandon

Party's Turn
Corellon rushes forward, striking Hell Knight D. Tessai strike another Hell Knight for causing him to grunt in pain. Kyle zaps one with lightning as Aemon shots at the one in the back and misses. (Holding Tessai’s next post for next round) Black Devil throws a Chakram at the Hell Knight on the Balissa and hits them, through the Hell Knight holds his ground. Corellon stabs a Hell Knight who was wounded earlier, and the man crumples to the ground. Beppo rushes forward and swings wildly at the air in front of him.
Enemy’s Turn
The Hell Knights fight back, but are still off balance, most missing. The crossbowman takes a shot with the large device at Brandon, but its large size makes hard to aim and the shot misses. One of the Hell Knight’s attacks does hit Correllon, but he’s still standing.

Status
10' N-- Horse (Perfect), Horse (Perfect)
5' N-- H Knight A (Good,Ballista, Cover, 10' Altitude), H Knight B (Perfect,),
H Knight F (Good,), H Knight L (Perfect,), H Knight C (Perfect,),
PFL-- Beppo (13/13 ), Correllon (5/9 ),
20' S-- Brandon (14/14 ),
30' S-- Kyle (8/8 ), Tessai (13/13 Shield of Faith, Fast Healing), B Devil (10/10 ), Aemon (12/12 ),

EFL-- H Knight D (KO'd,), H Knight E (KO'd,Totally Skewered). Total HK Deaths so far: 1

Enemy attacks (You can click if you’re curious and/or want to double check what I declared as a hit/miss):

1d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 131d8 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9
1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 171d8 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4
1d20 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 61d8 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4

1d20 ⇒ 22d8 ⇒ (2, 1) = 3

Next post is around 6pm EST. Please have your moves in before then. Thanks!


Male Human Alchemist 6 | HP 57 | AC 18 FF 16 T13 | Saves +7/+7/+6 (+4 disease, +2 poison) | Init + 2 | Percep +10

Brandon stands dumbstruck, staring with glazed eyes at the man hanging skewered like a fish on the end of his spear.

What have I done....?

The blood begins to run down the shaft onto his hands, so bright. Crimson in the sunlight.

Edmond:
You did what you had to do

"No, you made me do this! You... You..." he says, unable to finish before another thought comes unbidden to his mind.

Edmond:
Idiot! Look down. That blood. Its on your hands. You have power, Brandon. Look at what you did to this hapless fool. You did that. Enjoy it. Savour your power. Free me and let me show you, let me show you how powerful WE can be together!

Brandon simply stares at the blood on his hands, a tear at the corner of his eye. He is only dimly aware of the crossbow bolt whistling past his head.

No action this round until he is attacked again or someone snaps him out of it.


Male Human Fighter 5 HP 45/49 | AC 22 (t13 f20) | F+6 R+5 W+5(+6vs Fear) | Perc +10 | Longsword +11, 1d8+6; Greatsword +12, 2d6+8

Beppo takes another big swing at hellknight F.

attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 17
damage: 2d6 + 4 ⇒ (1, 5) + 4 = 10

Might have hit something!! Yay!

Upon hearing half of Brandon's inner monologue, he roars, Brandon! Quit talking to yourself and kill a knight!


Male Chelaxian-Human Ranger 4 | HP 44 | AC 18 FF 15 T13 | Saves +6/+8/+3 | Init + 4 | Percep +10

Aemon takes a 5ft step forward shouts at Brandon

who are you talking to? get your head in the game!

Then shoots the knight manning the ballista again.

Aemon make this one count

Attaching with bow 1d20 + 5 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 5 + 2 + 1 = 9
Damage 1d8 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 1 + 2 = 11

Silver Crusade

Male Human Priest Lvl 5; 32 HP; AC:17 [14F/15T]; P+6; [+5F+5R+8W]; [S1:3-S2:4-S3:1-1C-4L]

Aemon ninja'd me and I was granting him luck so I'm editing to changing my action

Kyle comes out of cover and points at hellknight A.
Lightening Arc (range touch): 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 17
Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 4


Male Chelaxian-Human Ranger 4 | HP 44 | AC 18 FF 15 T13 | Saves +6/+8/+3 | Init + 4 | Percep +10

sorry Kyle, I really could use some luck two ones not good


Half-Elven Rogue Lvl 2 HP 15/15 INIT+6 AC 16 CMB+3 CMD+17 Rapier/S. Sword (+6/+3 Dual +5,+1) 1d6+2/18-20x2, 1d6+2/19-20x2 Short Bow (+5) 1d6+2/x3 (F:0 R:6 W:0)

Corellon yells to those behind him, "Get up here!" and turns his gaze to HK F and tries to intimidate him and his crew, "Fools, you're surrounded, and we haven't even unleased our secret weapon yet!

Intimidate: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9

He then whips around so as to flank HK F, while not drawing AAO if possible, otherwise another HK, opposite Beppo and delivers a thrust with his rapier.

Attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 19
Damage: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6
Sneak Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 5

Silver Crusade

Male Human Priest Lvl 5; 32 HP; AC:17 [14F/15T]; P+6; [+5F+5R+8W]; [S1:3-S2:4-S3:1-1C-4L]

I would have done it sooner, but I was running a RAM hog on my computer. See Bit of Luck for next time unless my attention is averted elsewhere.

Kyle whistles loudly at Brandon. "Hey B! How about flexing those beautiful muscles to see if you can open that cage if you're not going to knock some of these guys down? Try to knock them out next time."


Tiefling M Monk 3(Sohei/MoMS) Magus 1 (Spire Defender) AC 19 Tch 15 FF 14 HP 32 F/R/W:6/7/6 Darkvision +8 Init +5

Already where I had a clear shot, so Tail Swift to fetch 3rd and last Chakram from under cloak, standard to throw, Move to 2nd rank and ready the bill.

Still attacking HK at the arbalest:
Chakram +3 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 15
d8+1 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9

"Ding! Chips are done!", Devil sang, deciding he enjoyed this oratory obfuscation. But seeing Brandon's distress as he moved past the big man, he added, "Annie requests you not smoke in her room. And that you STRIKE another HELLKNIGHT!"


Female Female demon-spawn tiefling oracle 1/paladin (oath against fiends, oath of vengeance) 4/Guardian 1 || AC 20, touch 15, flat-footed 16 (+5 armor, +4 Dex, +1 deflection) Init +1; Senses darkvision 60 ft.; Perception +1; HP: 48/72 || Fort +11, Ref +11, Will +13; +1 vs. evil outsider's spells and effects, +2 vs. death

GM, I am a bit confused about my placement. If I attacked a Hellknight, how did I fall to our 3rd line? In any case, if possible I will stick to my action applying it to HK C - flanking him with Corellon (if we both hit him right?). If flank Is not possible, I will simply straightforward attack :D

Grand Lodge

Good points, Tessai. I fixed it..see below.

Combat, Round 2
Party's Turn
Tessai strikes out, injuring HK C, while Beppo to strikes HK F to the ground. Aemon moves a little forward, trying to get a better shot, but misses his target. Kyle zaps the Hell Knight on top of the wagon with electricity while Correleon strikes HKC while getting better positioning. Black Devil hits the archer hard, leaving him critically wounded.
Hell Knights Killed: 1
Enemy’s Turn
The Hell Knights fight tenaciously if nothing else. The left on the front line coordinate their attacks on Beppo, hoping to have flanking on him the next around. One of them hit Beppo hard with a flail, but the big man hardly flinches. One of the Hell Knights climb up to help the other reload the bolt.

Status
10' N-- Horse (Perfect), Horse (Perfect)
5' N-- H Knight A (Critical,Ballista, Cover, 10' Altitude), H Knight B (Perfect,Aiding Ballista),
EFL-- H Knight L (Perfect,), H Knight C (Critical,Flanked),
PFL-- Beppo (8/13 Flanked), Correllon (5/9 ), Tessai (13/13 Shield of Faith, Fast Healing),
20' S-- Brandon (14/14 ),
25'S-- Aemon (12/12 ),
30' S-- Kyle (8/8 ), B Devil (10/10 ),

Enemy attacks (You can click if you’re curious and/or want to double check what I declared as a hit/miss):

1d20 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 = 211d8 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5
1d20 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 71d8 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4

Next post is around 10am EST. Please have your moves in before then. Thanks!

Silver Crusade

Male Human Priest Lvl 5; 32 HP; AC:17 [14F/15T]; P+6; [+5F+5R+8W]; [S1:3-S2:4-S3:1-1C-4L]

Kyle touches Aemon to grant him luck. "Stop defeating yourself. Take a breath and focus on your target."

Aemon:
For the next round, any time you roll a d20, you may roll twice and take the more favorable result.

"Brandon! (we need nicknames) What's wrong? What can I do to help?" He tries to diagnose his condition.
Healing: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (15) + 8 = 23

"We need you to help us," He tries to get him to react.
Diplomacy: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11

801 to 850 of 6,676 << first < prev | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / JCServant's Council of Thieves All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.