Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends


JCServant's Council of Thieves (Inactive)

Game Master JCServant


751 to 800 of 6,676 << first < prev | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | next > last >>

Male Human Alchemist 6 | HP 57 | AC 18 FF 16 T13 | Saves +7/+7/+6 (+4 disease, +2 poison) | Init + 2 | Percep +10

Having mixed the very specific set of chemicals required to enlarge himself, Brandon re-enters the room.

"I've been half following the conversation from the other room. Ummm... once the first group leads the horses away, I think a second distraction to take the attention of the remaining guards would be useful to allow Correllon to approach undetected." he gives the half-elf a smile and continues;

"I guess a 12 foot tall alchemist would be pretty distracting... but Kyle, I'd really appreciate it if you were on hand to patch me up, even if you have to sing! ha ha."

He looks suddenly distracted and looks up as if he can hear a voice calling him from far away;

Edmond:
Why are you trying so hard with these people Brandon? Making yourself into a giant target? Ha! Why not just paint a bullseye on your chest and be done with it!

Brandon:
I want to help them do what's right! This place is rotten to the core and if this Arael can help then he's worth the risk. Besides, he may know a way I can get into Delvehaven so...

Edmond:
...So you can finally kill me...

Grand Lodge

Sorry for the late post...there was a minor emergency at work. On another note, one of the nice advantages of playing a non-PFS game and, by extension, my house rules. One of them, somewhere, says that party members are considered to have necessary small adventuring gear on them at all times. Candles, chalk, rations and even crowbars are always on hand.

Janiven arranges to borrow a dozen horses from one of the other group member's relative, allowing the party to arrive on the scene in advance of the prisoner and his escort. The bridge runs N/S. Janiven indicates that her group will set up about 200' or so to the north of the bridge, laying caltrops around that area. You find several trees and large rocks that make excellent hidings spots south of the bridge.

At the time, the party may do any last minute set up for the ambush. Once the escort arrives, I will post every few hours about 1-2 rounds of action, explaining what is going on, until the party decides to spring their part of the ambush. At that point, it is quite likely some form of combat will begin and we'll move to combat rules and posting times.

Silver Crusade

Male Human Priest Lvl 5; 32 HP; AC:17 [14F/15T]; P+6; [+5F+5R+8W]; [S1:3-S2:4-S3:1-1C-4L]

Kyle will ready his crossbow.


Female Female demon-spawn tiefling oracle 1/paladin (oath against fiends, oath of vengeance) 4/Guardian 1 || AC 20, touch 15, flat-footed 16 (+5 armor, +4 Dex, +1 deflection) Init +1; Senses darkvision 60 ft.; Perception +1; HP: 72/72 || Fort +11, Ref +11, Will +13; +1 vs. evil outsider's spells and effects, +2 vs. death

South of the bridge it will be then :D


Male Human Alchemist 6 | HP 57 | AC 18 FF 16 T13 | Saves +7/+7/+6 (+4 disease, +2 poison) | Init + 2 | Percep +10

Two rounds before Tessai gives the order, Bran will drink both his Enlarge Person and Shield extracts.

Silver Crusade

Male Human Priest Lvl 5; 32 HP; AC:17 [14F/15T]; P+6; [+5F+5R+8W]; [S1:3-S2:4-S3:1-1C-4L]
Brandon wrote:
Two rounds before Tessai gives the order, Bran will drink both his Enlarge Person and Shield extracts.

You better hide behind a big tree.


Tiefling M Monk 3(Sohei/MoMS) Magus 1 (Spire Defender) AC 19 Tch 15 FF 14 HP 32 F/R/W:6/7/6 Darkvision +8 Init +5
Brandon Harcroft wrote:
Two rounds before Tessai gives the order, Bran will drink both his Enlarge Person and Shield extracts.

How do you know two rounds before the order? :) I ask, because it would be too meta of me to suggest that the durations are still small enough that time is precious. :)


Male Human Fighter 5 HP 45/49 | AC 22 (t13 f20) | F+6 R+5 W+5(+6vs Fear) | Perc +10 | Longsword +11, 1d8+6; Greatsword +12, 2d6+8

Beppo will stay close to Tessai until the signal is given. How far will we be from the bad guys when they cross the bridge? I'm thinking of whether it will make sense to try to get a crossbow shot off before we join the battle.


Female Female demon-spawn tiefling oracle 1/paladin (oath against fiends, oath of vengeance) 4/Guardian 1 || AC 20, touch 15, flat-footed 16 (+5 armor, +4 Dex, +1 deflection) Init +1; Senses darkvision 60 ft.; Perception +1; HP: 72/72 || Fort +11, Ref +11, Will +13; +1 vs. evil outsider's spells and effects, +2 vs. death

Here it is girl - Tessai ponders to herself - Now you need to put your money where your mouth is... Why does this happen? Why the blind trust? It was so with Cailean, and now it is so with these faces that look at you from the shades under the bridge - a mix of hope, courage, determination and righteousness if I ever saw one - definitely sprinkled with a well served dose of madness.

Boys... she says You are all as crazy as can be - surely you are aware of that?! As the first glow of the hellknights armors shines in the horizon, her laughter carries along the creek, while she shakes her head at her companions.

Grand Lodge

Quote:
How do you know two rounds before the order? :) I ask, because it would be too meta of me to suggest that the durations are still small enough that time is precious. :)

Exactly. Your character can ask Tessai to give two signals ...one to prepare/use spells & buffs (this might be important since growing large may blow your cover) and one to actually charge forward, shoot arrows, etc

You hide patiently and anxiously. You hear noises from the south. You don't see it yet, but you believe the escort is headed this way...approx 200 ft to the south. You don't know how fast they are moving yet. Next post in about 2 hours.


Male Human Alchemist 6 | HP 57 | AC 18 FF 16 T13 | Saves +7/+7/+6 (+4 disease, +2 poison) | Init + 2 | Percep +10

I dont think its that meta. Im going on the basis that Tessai will say something like 'as soon as they're on the bridge we strike.' therefore ill take both extracts just as they are approaching it. If that's not possible ill take the shield one first.


Male Human Alchemist 6 | HP 57 | AC 18 FF 16 T13 | Saves +7/+7/+6 (+4 disease, +2 poison) | Init + 2 | Percep +10
Tessai wrote:
You are all as crazy as can be - surely you are aware of that?!

Sense motive:
Brandon bristles noticeably at this comment, clearly uncomfortable with its connotations.

Just let me know when you want us to charge... He says grimly.


Half-Elven Rogue Lvl 2 HP 15/15 INIT+6 AC 16 CMB+3 CMD+17 Rapier/S. Sword (+6/+3 Dual +5,+1) 1d6+2/18-20x2, 1d6+2/19-20x2 Short Bow (+5) 1d6+2/x3 (F:0 R:6 W:0)

Corellon, along with Beppoo, have picked a hiding spot that would afford them a route with occasional coverage along their intended path to the captured Arael, whether he be on horseback or within some prison cart. He has his bow drawn, ready to fire or to sling back over his shoulder as he makes a run for the road at the right moment.

Silver Crusade

Male Human Priest Lvl 5; 32 HP; AC:17 [14F/15T]; P+6; [+5F+5R+8W]; [S1:3-S2:4-S3:1-1C-4L]

Kyle will cast guidance on himself and anyone next to him before the knights get to the bridge.

Grand Lodge

You see a prison carriage heading north, made of iron-reinforced wood It is approximately 7 feet square and 5 feet high, riding about 2 feet off the ground, with a running board on the sides and rear for easy climbing to the roof and interior. A team of two horses (hitched in series) pulls it, and the driver sits on a small bench attached to the front of the roof. The carriage hitch allows the horses to share a single 10-foot space. They are moving at 100'/round.

You can see about six knights on the carriage, possibly more. There are four more on horseback running in front along side.

Mounted on top of the carriage roof is a Large heavy crossbow (essentially a small ballista). One bolt is kept loaded in the crossbow during travel, and a quiver of nine more bolts is affixed to its side.

The carriage is now about 100' to the south of the bridge (and about 70' or so away from the hidden party members). Janiven's party is 200' north of the bridge which currently places them 300' away from the wagon.

Silver Crusade

Male Human Priest Lvl 5; 32 HP; AC:17 [14F/15T]; P+6; [+5F+5R+8W]; [S1:3-S2:4-S3:1-1C-4L]

If Kyle thinks he can cast guidance without being heard, he will do so.


Tiefling M Monk 3(Sohei/MoMS) Magus 1 (Spire Defender) AC 19 Tch 15 FF 14 HP 32 F/R/W:6/7/6 Darkvision +8 Init +5

Devil breathes evenly, willfully calm, waiting for the Grey Lady's command. His bill is at hand, kukri on his belt, and two chakram wait under his cloak on his back, perhaps envious of the one ready in his hand...

Grand Lodge

I forgot to mention...next post will be around 10-11am EST. Thanks!


Female Female demon-spawn tiefling oracle 1/paladin (oath against fiends, oath of vengeance) 4/Guardian 1 || AC 20, touch 15, flat-footed 16 (+5 armor, +4 Dex, +1 deflection) Init +1; Senses darkvision 60 ft.; Perception +1; HP: 72/72 || Fort +11, Ref +11, Will +13; +1 vs. evil outsider's spells and effects, +2 vs. death

Let us wait for Janiven's diversion. As soon as the riders or at least a part of them run off, we will have but a single moment for the last preparations - I will call upon me the blessings of Cailean, and you should prepare yourselves accordingly. We will leave this hiding place as soon as the carriage is alone... well with only those SIX hellknights on top of it...


Male Chelaxian-Human Ranger 4 | HP 44 | AC 18 FF 15 T13 | Saves +6/+8/+3 | Init + 4 | Percep +10

Aemon starts to shake slowly, holding his hands together to stop the shaking.

It's just the adrenaline, pull your self together Aemon. This is all for him.

He closes his eye's thinking back to the hand he couldn't hold on to, as it slip through his fingers. That's the reason he's here now.

He charms him self down, breathing in an out slowly. Drawing an arrow, charm and collect... ready to take his first life.


Male Chelaxian-Human Ranger 4 | HP 44 | AC 18 FF 15 T13 | Saves +6/+8/+3 | Init + 4 | Percep +10

Auto-correct on my phone.. Spelling clam* not charm missed it before my coffee.


Male Chelaxian-Human Ranger 4 | HP 44 | AC 18 FF 15 T13 | Saves +6/+8/+3 | Init + 4 | Percep +10

calm* i give up :P


Male Human Alchemist 6 | HP 57 | AC 18 FF 16 T13 | Saves +7/+7/+6 (+4 disease, +2 poison) | Init + 2 | Percep +10

Following Tessai's instruction, as soon as the carriage passes over the bridge Brandon will cast shield. A round or two later (JC please let me know when the horses move off to attack the decoys) he will cast enlarge person, the following round he will charge. That should keep me covered for the duration.


Male Human Fighter 5 HP 45/49 | AC 22 (t13 f20) | F+6 R+5 W+5(+6vs Fear) | Perc +10 | Longsword +11, 1d8+6; Greatsword +12, 2d6+8

Beppo whispers, We need to disable the carriage. Brandon? Aemon? Tessai? - can you do that while Corellon and I free the prisoner?

Grand Lodge

The carriage and horses roar by the hidden party, going so fast that they don't notice those hiding in the bushes and behind the rocks. The carriage and riders approach the bridge....

Next post around 1pm EST

Silver Crusade

Male Human Priest Lvl 5; 32 HP; AC:17 [14F/15T]; P+6; [+5F+5R+8W]; [S1:3-S2:4-S3:1-1C-4L]

Kyle's stomach troubles him. What in Shelyn's name am I doing? Is this Shelyn's wish or some stupid attempt of mine to prove myself? Kyle second guesses himself. He looks at the others as his legs lose feeling.


Tiefling M Monk 3(Sohei/MoMS) Magus 1 (Spire Defender) AC 19 Tch 15 FF 14 HP 32 F/R/W:6/7/6 Darkvision +8 Init +5

Behind the cover concealing their ambush party, Devil waved a sudden hand, to draw Kyle's attention. Silently, he pointed toward the sky, to the sun, just being kissed by the drifting clouds, and returning the kiss, enflaming the clouds with golden blues and whitish greys.

Beautiful.


Female Female demon-spawn tiefling oracle 1/paladin (oath against fiends, oath of vengeance) 4/Guardian 1 || AC 20, touch 15, flat-footed 16 (+5 armor, +4 Dex, +1 deflection) Init +1; Senses darkvision 60 ft.; Perception +1; HP: 72/72 || Fort +11, Ref +11, Will +13; +1 vs. evil outsider's spells and effects, +2 vs. death
Beppo van Drotske wrote:
Beppo whispers, We need to disable the carriage. Brandon? Aemon? Tessai? - can you do that while Corellon and I free the prisoner?

Hmmmm, If we spare someone from the front line to cripple one of the carriage wheels, we may find ourselves severely outnumbered by the six hellknights that are riding it - It would have to be something FAST to make sure that the combat would be quickly set even. Any of you think you can disable one of the carriage wheels quickly?


Half-Elven Rogue Lvl 2 HP 15/15 INIT+6 AC 16 CMB+3 CMD+17 Rapier/S. Sword (+6/+3 Dual +5,+1) 1d6+2/18-20x2, 1d6+2/19-20x2 Short Bow (+5) 1d6+2/x3 (F:0 R:6 W:0)

"If the carriage doesn't stop we're lost, we've got to do something fast! We've got to block the bridge Brandon - can you get big enough to block the way or smash one of the wheels?"


Female Female demon-spawn tiefling oracle 1/paladin (oath against fiends, oath of vengeance) 4/Guardian 1 || AC 20, touch 15, flat-footed 16 (+5 armor, +4 Dex, +1 deflection) Init +1; Senses darkvision 60 ft.; Perception +1; HP: 72/72 || Fort +11, Ref +11, Will +13; +1 vs. evil outsider's spells and effects, +2 vs. death

Looking at her companions and pondering their options, she puts in: Maybe you Brandon? I can picture that morning star wreaking havoc on one of the carriage wheels in two or three swings...?

Me and Beppo could perhaps take the brunt of their main forces, while you do that. The remaining overall tactic would remain the same with a special eye in making sure that you are not reached by enemies until you finish your work.


Female Female demon-spawn tiefling oracle 1/paladin (oath against fiends, oath of vengeance) 4/Guardian 1 || AC 20, touch 15, flat-footed 16 (+5 armor, +4 Dex, +1 deflection) Init +1; Senses darkvision 60 ft.; Perception +1; HP: 72/72 || Fort +11, Ref +11, Will +13; +1 vs. evil outsider's spells and effects, +2 vs. death

To Corellon she whispers: Lets stick to the plan - they are heading towards Janiven's group. As she said, it is expected that the carriage will stop because they will show themselves on the road up ahead. So far things are going according to what we expected.

Remember the carriage is travelling on a sort of south -> north path along the road, they will pass us by first, then they will head in Janiven's direction which will make her seen to have them halt their march. Some riders will hopefully go to meet Janiven, and the carriage will be waiting. Hopefully :D


Tiefling M Monk 3(Sohei/MoMS) Magus 1 (Spire Defender) AC 19 Tch 15 FF 14 HP 32 F/R/W:6/7/6 Darkvision +8 Init +5

"Kill a horse", Devil suggests. "Draft horse isn't war-trained, even... wound it."

Silver Crusade

Male Human Priest Lvl 5; 32 HP; AC:17 [14F/15T]; P+6; [+5F+5R+8W]; [S1:3-S2:4-S3:1-1C-4L]
Devil wrote:
Behind the cover concealing their ambush party, Devil waved a sudden hand, to draw Kyle's attention. Silently, he pointed toward the sky, to the sun, just being kissed by the drifting clouds, and returning the kiss, enflaming the clouds with golden blues and whitish greys.

Kyle looks at where Devil is pointing and his deaf ears start filling with the sound of music. Sun is shining, weather is sweet. Makes you want to move your dancing feet.

He calms down listening to the song and letting nature fill him up with beauty. Soon the feeling in his stomach is hidden and he regains his senses. He throws a wink at Devil to let him know he feels much better.

Hit the horse, and say goodbye to Areal. Once you injure the horse, it won't stop running until its dead. Let us range folk take care of the driver. You guys could run up and destroy a wheel.

Is there a knowledge check we can make to know best how to incapacitate the wagon?


Male Human Fighter 5 HP 45/49 | AC 22 (t13 f20) | F+6 R+5 W+5(+6vs Fear) | Perc +10 | Longsword +11, 1d8+6; Greatsword +12, 2d6+8

Knowledge(engineering), perhaps?: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23

Grand Lodge

The carriage begins to cross the stone bridge. The lead horseman raises his and and the entire group stops.

What is it?Another knight asks.

Bandits? Fools? Who would dare to raise their weapons at us?

The other Hell Knights mock laughter at the thought. The leader looks back the carriage driver.

Stay here while we ride ahead to quickly deal with those fools. The Knights begin to gallop off. They are 20' N of the bridge.

200' N - Janivan's Party
20' N - 4 Knights on Horses
0' - Carriage on bridge
30' S - Party Hidden

Beppo:
Generally, in a combat situation where you are concerned about freeing the contents, freeing the horses reins tends to be most effective. Doing anything major to the carriage may not be the best idea since sudden forces and jarring from the impact of blows to the carriage may startle a horse to charge forward, taking the carriage with it.


Female Female demon-spawn tiefling oracle 1/paladin (oath against fiends, oath of vengeance) 4/Guardian 1 || AC 20, touch 15, flat-footed 16 (+5 armor, +4 Dex, +1 deflection) Init +1; Senses darkvision 60 ft.; Perception +1; HP: 72/72 || Fort +11, Ref +11, Will +13; +1 vs. evil outsider's spells and effects, +2 vs. death

Damn! Last post for a while...

Tessai whispers softly: Let them get further away...Patience...

Grand Lodge

Next update around 4pm EST


Male Human Alchemist 6 | HP 57 | AC 18 FF 16 T13 | Saves +7/+7/+6 (+4 disease, +2 poison) | Init + 2 | Percep +10

Even when I enlarge myself I dont think Id be strong enough to stop the wagon...

Edmond:
I might be.

Brandon could almost see the smile on Edmond's face and momentarily forgets himself, turns his head to one side and retorts out loud.

Quiet, monster! Ill not release you to reduce everything to rack and ruin, I dont care how strong you are!

Realising his mistake he speaks quickly, trying to cover it, hoping the appearance of the decoy group distracted the others enough that they didn't notice.

I.. I'll try, Tessai. Just give me the word.

As the wagon stops he gulps down his Shield extract.


Tiefling M Monk 3(Sohei/MoMS) Magus 1 (Spire Defender) AC 19 Tch 15 FF 14 HP 32 F/R/W:6/7/6 Darkvision +8 Init +5
Tessai wrote:

Damn! Last post for a while...

Tessai whispers softly: Let them get further away...Patience...

{This is going to feel like hours...}, Devil realized. He disciplined himself from peeking at the situation. If he could see them, they might see him...

Grand Lodge

Totally unrelated dice roll: 1d20 ⇒ 8

A knight on the wagon asks, Hey, Cameron....did you hear something? Behind us?

Yeah, the sound of the bandits about their ass kicked. Keep you eyes up front. This is going to be a great show!

The sound of the stream seems to have partially covered Brandon's outburst.


Tiefling M Monk 3(Sohei/MoMS) Magus 1 (Spire Defender) AC 19 Tch 15 FF 14 HP 32 F/R/W:6/7/6 Darkvision +8 Init +5
Brandon Harcroft wrote:


Quiet, monster! Ill not release you to reduce everything to rack and ruin, I dont care how strong you are!

Realising his mistake he speaks quickly, trying to cover it, hoping the appearance of the decoy group distracted the others enough that they didn't notice.

I.. I'll try, Tessai. Just give me the word.

As the wagon stops he gulps down his Shield extract.

Laying a hand on Brandon's arm as he went to drink the potion, Devil observes softly, "You used that voice before. You were...", Devil sought for a congruent koan, "Alone then, too." If Devil intended the homonymic entendre', it did not show in his face.

Grand Lodge

Another totally unrelated roll: 1d20 ⇒ 7

The first Hellkinght that spoke up earlier whips his head around. I'm telling you, Cam, I heard something back there! It's like whipsering or something!

The second one answer It was probably the horse taking a piss. Now pay attention! I'm betting 5 silver that Johnton takes down 3 of them by himself!


Male Chelaxian-Human Ranger 4 | HP 44 | AC 18 FF 15 T13 | Saves +6/+8/+3 | Init + 4 | Percep +10

Aemon with his finger over his lips whispering to Brandon

Brandon keep it down, I'm not sure whats going on with you but now's not the time


Male Human Fighter 5 HP 45/49 | AC 22 (t13 f20) | F+6 R+5 W+5(+6vs Fear) | Perc +10 | Longsword +11, 1d8+6; Greatsword +12, 2d6+8

Beppo whispers to Corellon, Do you think you can free the horses' reins if we keep the knights distracted? That will keep the horses from running off.

Grand Lodge

Friendly GM quote from Core Rulebook:
Perception is also used to notice fine details in the environment. The DC to notice such details varies depending upon distance, the environment, and how noticeable the detail is. The following table gives a number of guidelines. -Hear the details of a whispered conversation DC 15
- Distance to the source, object, or creature +1/10'
- Unfavorable conditions (from, let's say, a rushing river) +2-+5

Another completely unrelated roll: 1d20 ⇒ 1

Grand Lodge

The horses continue to march towards Janiven's Party. Janiven's party begins to retreat.

260' N - Janivan's Party
170' N - 4 Knights on Horses
0' - Carriage on bridge
30' S - Party Hidden


Female Female demon-spawn tiefling oracle 1/paladin (oath against fiends, oath of vengeance) 4/Guardian 1 || AC 20, touch 15, flat-footed 16 (+5 armor, +4 Dex, +1 deflection) Init +1; Senses darkvision 60 ft.; Perception +1; HP: 72/72 || Fort +11, Ref +11, Will +13; +1 vs. evil outsider's spells and effects, +2 vs. death

Approximately, how far does Tessai think that a horse can move in a round?


Male Human Alchemist 6 | HP 57 | AC 18 FF 16 T13 | Saves +7/+7/+6 (+4 disease, +2 poison) | Init + 2 | Percep +10

Brandon looks anxiously at Devil, anguish evident in his eyes. His mouth moves but no sound is forthcoming. In the end he simply frowns, puts his finger to his lips to indicate silence and motions to the horses moving away.

He quietly removes his Enlarge extract, moves as if to drink it and then gives a three, two, one gesture followed by pointing at the wagon.

He pops the cork and waits a few more seconds for the horsemen to gallop further before drinking.

Grand Lodge

Horses move 50' and can cover up to 250' in a round if they are full running.

Grand Lodge

Beppo:
You study the huge crossbow / ballista at the top while you wait anxiously. You're fairly certain that something THAT big will have a hard time hitting anything that's close the wagon. How close...you're not sure. But, it stands to reason given its size and the limit of the mechanism to tilt that it would have issues firing at something near the base of the carriage.

751 to 800 of 6,676 << first < prev | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / JCServant's Council of Thieves All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.