Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

JCServant's Council of Thieves (Inactive)

Game Master JCServant


701 to 750 of 6,676 << first < prev | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | next > last >>

Male Chelaxian-Human Ranger 4 | HP 44 | AC 18 FF 15 T13 | Saves +6/+8/+3 | Init + 4 | Percep +10

Aemon getting up and grabbing his bow, moving towards Beppo and Brandon.

I'll come with you Beppo, if my company is not required anywhere else.


Male Human Alchemist 6 | HP 57 | AC 18 FF 16 T13 | Saves +7/+7/+6 (+4 disease, +2 poison) | Init + 2 | Percep +10

To Tessai and Beppo

"...<sigh>... I know. Considering Janiven keeps talking about peacefully bringing the People on her.. Sorry, our side, I find it ironic that our first action is to directly attack a patrol of Hellknights. I just hope this group aren't besotted with the idea of playing revolutionaries. I didn't like how enraptured they were with our tale of the sewers. This isn't some kind of, I dont know, adventure game..."LOL!

Edit to remove reference to leader of the Hellknights


Female Female demon-spawn tiefling oracle 1/paladin (oath against fiends, oath of vengeance) 4/Guardian 1 || AC 20, touch 15, flat-footed 16 (+5 armor, +4 Dex, +1 deflection) Init +1; Senses darkvision 60 ft.; Perception +1; HP: 72/72 || Fort +11, Ref +11, Will +13; +1 vs. evil outsider's spells and effects, +2 vs. death

Tessai speaks softly to Brandon, her familiar smirk gone from her face: Brandon... I want this to be as clear as possible - I would skewer ANY Hellknight ten times over... I don't want you to be offended at my words as I respect you, and I understand your consideration for life, but you cannot fathom the terror and desperation wrought on the people of these lands by the hammer hand of the Hellknights... They chose their path, disrespecting and disregarding all that are considered below their station. They cause misery, suffering and pain regardless of any higher power or ideals. They had no qualms in destroying all that my life stood for, and I am just a drop of water in an ocean... I will pay them and their masters back for every ounce of sorrow they have brought upon this land, they will regret their options, or I will make them regret it at the tip of my blade...

Grand Lodge

Without reading over my previous post (I'm super busy), she meant to imply the leader of that Hellknight squad...not all of the Hell Knights of the Order of the Rack and certainly not the Head Hell Knight if such as thing exists.


Male Human Alchemist 6 | HP 57 | AC 18 FF 16 T13 | Saves +7/+7/+6 (+4 disease, +2 poison) | Init + 2 | Percep +10

"Tessai, dont misunderstand me, I'm sorry for everything you've endured here."

He moves as if to tentaively put his hand upon her shoulder, thinks better if it, and runs it through his hair instead as if that were always his intention.

"I come from a place where, far from perfect, at least people don't live in fear every day. The Hellknights symbolise every oppression there is in this city. I have no problem in confronting them if the cause is just. I'm simply saying Janiven needs to decide if we are revolutionaries or just a protest group. Whatever we end up, I'm glad were in it together, I've avoided other people for too long now."


Male Human Fighter 5 HP 45/49 | AC 22 (t13 f20) | F+6 R+5 W+5(+6vs Fear) | Perc +10 | Longsword +11, 1d8+6; Greatsword +12, 2d6+8

Beppo leads the trio to the Limping Halfling.

Yeah, no one needs to live like this. Someone has to bring the bad guys down ... might as well be us.

When they arrive at the inn, he pokes his head in the door, looking for anything amiss.

perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19
sense motive: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8

Assuming nothing looks awry, he addresses the inkeep, grabs his things (Ah, zweihander my old friend. I will need you soon.), and settles up on the way out.

Silver Crusade

Male Human Priest Lvl 5; 32 HP; AC:17 [14F/15T]; P+6; [+5F+5R+8W]; [S1:3-S2:4-S3:1-1C-4L]

GM/Devil:
As Devil leads Kyle from room to room, Kyle is filled once again with dread of what has happened; more than before. He does not want to believe the people he gave his figurines were slaughtered. He feels a sense of guilt wondering if somehow it was his fault. Perhaps someone or some group did it to undo all the good and difference he tried to make. When Devil’s demeanor changes toward him, Kyle can’t blame him for thinking there might be a correlation between his appearance and the knights. Kyle looks very sullen. 'I will die to make it better if need be.' But dying would be the easy thing. Working to create change will not be easy.

Kyle tries to find mementos of the children to use to create figurines later. 'I will leave these for those to know that change is coming,' he promised himself.


Tiefling M Monk 3(Sohei/MoMS) Magus 1 (Spire Defender) AC 19 Tch 15 FF 14 HP 32 F/R/W:6/7/6 Darkvision +8 Init +5

Kyle, good post. One point: I don't intend, 'child' in any use of 'girl', in any post re: Cor Aurum


Half-Elven Rogue Lvl 2 HP 15/15 INIT+6 AC 16 CMB+3 CMD+17 Rapier/S. Sword (+6/+3 Dual +5,+1) 1d6+2/18-20x2, 1d6+2/19-20x2 Short Bow (+5) 1d6+2/x3 (F:0 R:6 W:0)

Sorry, been MIA for a bit 12 hour days, insanity at work. If you don;t mind, assume I was tagging along with Beppo and the gand. I also nodded silently in response to Janiven's solicitation of support and could not help but notice Tarvi. I was in awe and at the same time could not understand why she was not interested in her parents' store.

Grand Lodge

Weekend posting is once/day for the most part, Cor, so you're okey day.

1d6 ⇒ 2

There does not seem to be a need for much adjucating here. Great RP, though. Everyone's doing a good job, so I award a Hero point randomly to Tessai.

I'll give everyone one more posting period to finish anything up, purchase anything, ask me questions, etc. Then I'll presume everyone returned back to Janiven before the alloted time has run out.


Female Female demon-spawn tiefling oracle 1/paladin (oath against fiends, oath of vengeance) 4/Guardian 1 || AC 20, touch 15, flat-footed 16 (+5 armor, +4 Dex, +1 deflection) Init +1; Senses darkvision 60 ft.; Perception +1; HP: 72/72 || Fort +11, Ref +11, Will +13; +1 vs. evil outsider's spells and effects, +2 vs. death

BAM - Hero points for me thank you very much :D

When all the gear from Brandon and Beppo has been gathered, Tessai will head back to the meeting spot as agreed.

She'll keep an eye out for any out of ordinary activity that may hint at last night's happenings - increased number of Hellknight patrols, questionings, etc.


Male Human Alchemist 6 | HP 57 | AC 18 FF 16 T13 | Saves +7/+7/+6 (+4 disease, +2 poison) | Init + 2 | Percep +10

Agreed. When we have all the gear we require Brandon will head back to the safehouse with Beppo, Tessai and Aemon. JC do you want me to send an updated Hero Lab potfolio?

As they pass through the streets Brandon keeps a constant eye out for Hellknights and any other figure of authority.

"I constantly feel like we're being watched now... Aemon, how have you and the others managed to stay undiscovered all this time?"


Male Chelaxian-Human Ranger 4 | HP 44 | AC 18 FF 15 T13 | Saves +6/+8/+3 | Init + 4 | Percep +10

Eyes always moving, keeping an eye on each person looking that the group, checking for any hellknight presence.

Turning to Brandon, still checking behind him.

We used the tavern for cover nothing strange about people going to a tavern, and then took the sewers to the hide out for our meetings. But clearly that didn't work with Arael being taken, lets hope they don't find our hideout now. We need to save him so they can't interrogate him for all he knows

Turning back to checking around the group.


Male Human Fighter 5 HP 45/49 | AC 22 (t13 f20) | F+6 R+5 W+5(+6vs Fear) | Perc +10 | Longsword +11, 1d8+6; Greatsword +12, 2d6+8

Beppo likewise keeps a suspicious eye out as they travel through the streets of Westcrown.

just in case:perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6

Grand Lodge

The party returns back to the temple base. Janiven brings you over to the alter/table where she has a rough map drawn out. Please, sit down. I have had a chance to parse the information my contacts were able to provide me with. As I mentioned before, the Hellknights of the Rack will move Arael from the city jail to Citadel Rivad, the order’s stronghold outside the city walls. If we can perform a rescue during the transport, aside from not breaking any city laws, we should also benefit from a lack of witnesses outside the order. With that being said, I would direct you all to start wearing the masks and full face coverings we discussed last night."

The land along the route to the citadel is mostly open plain, with a few scattered groves of trees and one stone bridge crossing a stream. According to reports, with rare exceptions, the only people who use the road are Hellknights or those providing services for them (food, messages, and so on), and on a typical day only three or four groups travel the road in either direction.

Because of the low traffic and the proximity to the Hellknights, banditry is unheard of on this minor road, and while the forces of Citadel Rivad aren’t careless about the possibility of being attacked in this area, they certainly don’t expect it. Another factor in our favor will be the Order of the Rack’s arrogance. This Hellknight order is the oldest, and they’ve faced very few failures over their long history. As a result, the escort for Arael’s transport is relatively light.

I even found out that the entire operation to capture Arael was, basically, a training exercise[b] You hear a bitterness creep into her voice. [b]We should receive a payment from the Order of the Rack in
thanks for providing such a convenient opportunity.
She sighs. The honor of escorting Arael back to Citadel Rivad has been granted to the group of armigers (trainees} most directly responsible for his capture. Word on the street is that the other armigers’ failure to catch any other supposed us “rebels” has resulted in quite a bit of shame and mockery, and much of this current crop of trainees’ remaining pride rests solely on Arael’s imminent imprisonment in Citadel Rivad.

A smile forms on Ermolos' lips as he says, And now we have a chance to not only save our fearless leader, but rob the new kids of the Rack of what little pride they have left. I like it!

Janiven nods. According to various reports, Arael’s trip to the Citadel will be escorted by a total of 10 Hellknight armigers, led by their sponsor, a low-ranking Hellknight Signifier named Shanwen.

Even given the successes of our newest members in the sewers, we cannot over-estimate the difficulty before us. Despite the fact they took one down, ten Hellknights at once will be too much, especially since we need to avoid any Hellknight fatalities if possible. The more
Hellknight armigers who live, the less brutal we look and the more humiliation and shame we inflict on the Order of the Rack.

Yukopulio giggles a little on that last thought.

However, I have a plan to even the odds. I'd like to split us up into two groups. Our more experienced members will make the primary attack on the armored wagon transporting Arael and mount his rescue. I will lead several of the others in a feint ambush against the Hellknights. Given the absence of bandit attacks on that road, the Hellknights are sure to interpret any attack as an attempt to rescue their prisoner, and the likely response to sighting a group of what appear to be bandits stepping into the road ahead will be to split their forces. This would give the main force— you guys she says looking at the party, fewer opponents to fight and making it much easier to free Arael—especially if the mounted Hellknights fall for the plan and ride their horses into a section of the road that my group will prepare with caltrops.

Ermolos exclaims, Wow! That sounds like a plan!

Janiven continues, The real question is where to stage the ambush of the transport. She points to her map pointing out the small stone bridge that crosses the swift but relatively narrow stream called the Athua,which might make a good place for an ambush. She also indicates a few locations before and after the bridge where there’s much more tree cover to allow a hit-and run attack and to complicate pursuit via horseback.

I defer to the experiened amoung us for direction as to which would make the best ambush site. Of course, if you have another idea as to handle this situation, I would like to hear it.

Silver Crusade

Male Human Priest Lvl 5; 32 HP; AC:17 [14F/15T]; P+6; [+5F+5R+8W]; [S1:3-S2:4-S3:1-1C-4L]

The stream sounds like a good idea if we have a boat. We would be able to make a quick getaway without having to put all the Hellknights down.


Female Female demon-spawn tiefling oracle 1/paladin (oath against fiends, oath of vengeance) 4/Guardian 1 || AC 20, touch 15, flat-footed 16 (+5 armor, +4 Dex, +1 deflection) Init +1; Senses darkvision 60 ft.; Perception +1; HP: 72/72 || Fort +11, Ref +11, Will +13; +1 vs. evil outsider's spells and effects, +2 vs. death

The bridge itself seems like the optimal place to strike at them - Tessai offers - If timed correctly, we may get them to stop the convoy right on top of it, perhaps hampering the movements of those in horseback, and allow ourselves to hide just below it until the last moment...

Turning to Janiven, she adds: Now... you mean to tell me that those we fought in the sewers were only trainees? I hesitate a LOT in facing ten of those in an open field, while they are on horses....


Male Chelaxian-Human Ranger 4 | HP 44 | AC 18 FF 15 T13 | Saves +6/+8/+3 | Init + 4 | Percep +10

Ten in open field and commander those odds don't seem in our favor, but if we were to strike at the bridge, as Tessai was saying

Aemon points at the map.

We could let them come to us while on the bridge and cut the numbers more in our favor, i would put forward we strike while they are at the bridge but i would still like to hear everyone else's opinion


Male Human Alchemist 6 | HP 57 | AC 18 FF 16 T13 | Saves +7/+7/+6 (+4 disease, +2 poison) | Init + 2 | Percep +10

"Hmmm, I have no real gift for strategy but even I know facing heavy horse in the open field is suicide. We can't go up against them directly so the idea of slowing them down with calteops seems like a good one. I prefer the option of attacking from the treeline though. The main group can approach with more cover and remain unseen. When the decoys lead the horsemen away, we can move in quickly and escape through the woods before they knew what hit them!"

Silver Crusade

Male Human Priest Lvl 5; 32 HP; AC:17 [14F/15T]; P+6; [+5F+5R+8W]; [S1:3-S2:4-S3:1-1C-4L]

"They were slow enough in the sewers to outrun, we could certainly outrun them in the forest."

Kyle looks at Janiven. "Is there a way to brush up on our skills before the ambush? Do a little training before we try to take on a group of Hellknights. Those recruits in the sewers weren't push overs."


Male Human Fighter 5 HP 45/49 | AC 22 (t13 f20) | F+6 R+5 W+5(+6vs Fear) | Perc +10 | Longsword +11, 1d8+6; Greatsword +12, 2d6+8

Beppo pipes up next. Somewhere near the trees may be a good place to stage the hit-and-run, particularly if there is a wooded area near the bridge. We need to be able to hide both groups until the last moment, and it would be best if we attack from different sides.

If you can hide your group he points to Janiven, in the trees and get the Hellknights into more difficult terrain, they might not see the caltrops coming and might not react as quickly to our main force, which could hide under the bridge or in another grove.

Grand Lodge

Janiven replies, There is no time for training, we leave within the hour. Scalvo and I will lead the group that will litter the road ahead of the carriage with caltrops. After we draw off some of the men, and we draw them some distance from the carriage, then your group, she looks at the party, will engage them with the real ambush, coming out from behind the trees. Who will be leader for your group in case there are any complications requiring quick decisions?


Male Human Alchemist 6 | HP 57 | AC 18 FF 16 T13 | Saves +7/+7/+6 (+4 disease, +2 poison) | Init + 2 | Percep +10

"That soon? You must excuse me then I have some Extracts to prepare." Brandon goes into a side room and begins leafing through his formula books and his mixes various chemicals.

Prepping Enlarge Person and Shield for the day.

Silver Crusade

Male Human Priest Lvl 5; 32 HP; AC:17 [14F/15T]; P+6; [+5F+5R+8W]; [S1:3-S2:4-S3:1-1C-4L]

Do we have any volunteers? Kyle looks at his companions.


Tiefling M Monk 3(Sohei/MoMS) Magus 1 (Spire Defender) AC 19 Tch 15 FF 14 HP 32 F/R/W:6/7/6 Darkvision +8 Init +5

Devil ponders what he's heard so far. "You intend a feint? They will then be alert, but whatever's drawn away, if it's kept away, weakens the main body for a final fight. There's a lot that can be done to prepare a bed, when guests are expected. Caltrops, fire... spells? Are there any magics of area, that might be applied before or during? If we want to know them in a holy book sense, we'll need to know each other, first. Rather less well, will do.", he snickers. "There just isn't time."

"I'm ready, when we need to go. Plan another step ahead of every step you've planned so far. The road, caltrops? The enemy will... ride around them. So the ground near the road, stones, or stakes, or a calf-high hole, can break a horse, maybe its rider, as well. So bring tools for earth and wood, if we have them."


Tiefling M Monk 3(Sohei/MoMS) Magus 1 (Spire Defender) AC 19 Tch 15 FF 14 HP 32 F/R/W:6/7/6 Darkvision +8 Init +5
Kyle Gray wrote:
Do we have any volunteers? Kyle looks at his companions.

"Aren't we all volunteers? I'm missing your meaning."

Silver Crusade

Male Human Priest Lvl 5; 32 HP; AC:17 [14F/15T]; P+6; [+5F+5R+8W]; [S1:3-S2:4-S3:1-1C-4L]

"Sorry, for the leader position. Do we have any volunteers to be the leader?"

Caltrops will be easy to spot on the road, but will be harder to spot in a field of grass," Kyle points out.


Half-Elven Rogue Lvl 2 HP 15/15 INIT+6 AC 16 CMB+3 CMD+17 Rapier/S. Sword (+6/+3 Dual +5,+1) 1d6+2/18-20x2, 1d6+2/19-20x2 Short Bow (+5) 1d6+2/x3 (F:0 R:6 W:0)

Corellon's hand at his chin, his fingers tracing the rough stubble that has shadowed his jaw, he looks up from the map and at each of his companions. "I prefer the tree line myself, we need the concealment and we can't run the risk of being chased down by men on horseback. I'm in, but trying not to kill any of them is in itself a challenge. What's to prevent them from offing Arael if they have any warning of our assailt. We will have to be quick 'cause I'm sure they'll be hanging tough during the transport."


Tiefling M Monk 3(Sohei/MoMS) Magus 1 (Spire Defender) AC 19 Tch 15 FF 14 HP 32 F/R/W:6/7/6 Darkvision +8 Init +5

"Oh", Devil says, to Kyle's explanation. "I'll go first. But I can't command us. None of us can; none of us knows enough. We've one soldier, Beppo, and two archers, Aemon and Corellon, a priest, yourself, who should be well back because his blessings are wiser than the war we fight, and apply to all in their reach. Tessai and Hal and Brandon can make good use of an unaware foe, which we do not expect to have. Brandon's giant form will serve well, but declare him as primary target, so he should be in reach of your holiness..." Devil pauses. "Hmm. Maybe we do, know enough."


Female Female demon-spawn tiefling oracle 1/paladin (oath against fiends, oath of vengeance) 4/Guardian 1 || AC 20, touch 15, flat-footed 16 (+5 armor, +4 Dex, +1 deflection) Init +1; Senses darkvision 60 ft.; Perception +1; HP: 72/72 || Fort +11, Ref +11, Will +13; +1 vs. evil outsider's spells and effects, +2 vs. death

Boys, boys, I'll lead us! Tessai puts in with the biggest smile you have ever seen on her face.


Tiefling M Monk 3(Sohei/MoMS) Magus 1 (Spire Defender) AC 19 Tch 15 FF 14 HP 32 F/R/W:6/7/6 Darkvision +8 Init +5
Tessai wrote:
Boys, boys, I'll lead us! Tessai puts in with the biggest smile you have ever seen on her face.

"And I will follow.", Devil says, settling his hands on his bill-fork in serene readiness.

Silver Crusade

Male Human Priest Lvl 5; 32 HP; AC:17 [14F/15T]; P+6; [+5F+5R+8W]; [S1:3-S2:4-S3:1-1C-4L]

"I think you would make a great leader, Tessai," Kyle smiles at her. "You have shown great inner beauty and I would be happy to follow you."

Grand Lodge

The caltrops will be for the horses. I'm guessing that once we draw their attention, the horses will chase use down so fast, they won't notice them in the road Hopefully, it will work. I don't think they'll kill him on first sight of trouble because they really want to question and torture him first...maybe not in that order. A Hellknight may kill to defend himself, another, or to strike someone down how is trangressing a major law without repentance, but to do so because someone else is trying to rescue him would be most uncharacteristic. And while my knowledge of their macabre laws is a bit on the light side, I'm sure it is illegal as well.

She nods at Tessai's acceptance. Good. Hopefully everything will go to plan. Well draw them off, and get their attention. Once we have drawn them off a fair distance, signal your men. If Desna smiles upon us, you'll see the caltrops have an immediate impact on the riders. That would most certainly be the time to strike. My team will escape through the trees back to Westcrowne as soon as they start chasing us.

She looks at the party as a whole. There will undoubtedly be some bloodshed, but keep the deaths to a minimum. Get in, strike fast, free Arael, and bring him back here as quickly as you can.

With that she instructs the others to pack their things, put on their cloaks and hoods, and allows the party one last chance to ask questions.

Silver Crusade

Male Human Priest Lvl 5; 32 HP; AC:17 [14F/15T]; P+6; [+5F+5R+8W]; [S1:3-S2:4-S3:1-1C-4L]

Kyle hurries to grab the best looking cloak, mask, and hood before anyone else does and puts them on.


Half-Elven Rogue Lvl 2 HP 15/15 INIT+6 AC 16 CMB+3 CMD+17 Rapier/S. Sword (+6/+3 Dual +5,+1) 1d6+2/18-20x2, 1d6+2/19-20x2 Short Bow (+5) 1d6+2/x3 (F:0 R:6 W:0)

Corellon already has his cloak and hood. He pulls a rather gruesome looking mask with wide eye openings that do not obstruct his view.

"Should we start with a few ranged shots or should I try to sneak up as close as possible to time our assault with the ruse on the horsemen? I maight be able to get fairly close."


Tiefling M Monk 3(Sohei/MoMS) Magus 1 (Spire Defender) AC 19 Tch 15 FF 14 HP 32 F/R/W:6/7/6 Darkvision +8 Init +5

Looking at the masks provided, Devil says, "Kyle... I owed you a song." Devil takes a Tessai-grey mask from those on offer. "I have chosen one, for the masks, and for our Captain, our Grey Lady. And for... our situation."

Devil begins singing*, "When the world and I were young, just yesterday, Life was such a simple game, a child could play..."

* http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SubpzqswJRE


Male Chelaxian-Human Ranger 4 | HP 44 | AC 18 FF 15 T13 | Saves +6/+8/+3 | Init + 4 | Percep +10

Aemon goes over his gear one last time, checking his arrows and bow while putting up his hood and face mask.

The plan's are set, how would you have us setup on the attack Tessai? If we're going for as little bloodshed as possible... maybe we should take out the captain first? If he is still with the transport in order hopefully demoralise them.


Female Female demon-spawn tiefling oracle 1/paladin (oath against fiends, oath of vengeance) 4/Guardian 1 || AC 20, touch 15, flat-footed 16 (+5 armor, +4 Dex, +1 deflection) Init +1; Senses darkvision 60 ft.; Perception +1; HP: 72/72 || Fort +11, Ref +11, Will +13; +1 vs. evil outsider's spells and effects, +2 vs. death

As she strides proudly towards the center of the group, Tessai takes the hat from her head and sweeps it in a deep bow - Thanks for taking me as our improptu leader friends - please keep in mind that I bear no need or want to order anyone around - not only I do not have the authority or right to order anyone around, bur neither do I wish to do it.

That being said, we will have to adapt on the fly but in any case here are my thoughts: As soon as we hopefully see some of the riders falling for the ruse, we will move out from hiding - mayhaps we can find a copse of trees close enough to the bridge that can accomodate Aemon and Corellon. If it is not possible, then I would have you staying back during the initial rounds of combat and yes, focusing range on whatever perceived leader we can make out - wait for my go signal on this one.

Turning to Corellon she adds: Corellon, I would rather not having you close to them before we are fully engaged - they seem to be quick on their feet and I would not risk you being isolated and surrounded before we get there - but the final word is obviously yours, as it is with all involved - I trust your knowledge of your capabilities, and the capacity to occupy the right spot.

I'll take up point - she smiles wickedly - With Cailean's inspiration I expect to be less vulnerable to their missile attacks, if they have any. I'm expecting to have Brandon and Devil close up on my toes so that we can eventually make up the first line of offense, and Kyle our best possible defense, but out of harms way. To Kyle she says with a short bow: Master Kyle, as before I will leave your actions completely up to you - you have proved more than once that you know where to lay down your divine powers.

Looking at all of you - Thoughts?

Silver Crusade

Male Human Priest Lvl 5; 32 HP; AC:17 [14F/15T]; P+6; [+5F+5R+8W]; [S1:3-S2:4-S3:1-1C-4L]

"Who opens the cage? We would need either a key, crowbar, or lockpick. We may need to free Arael quickly. We should perhaps bring him a weapon so he can defend himself."


Tiefling M Monk 3(Sohei/MoMS) Magus 1 (Spire Defender) AC 19 Tch 15 FF 14 HP 32 F/R/W:6/7/6 Darkvision +8 Init +5

"He can have either of mine. A kukri- a heavy-bellied knife that thinks its a handaxe, or my billfork- a polea..." Devil hefts a bill in one hand, and twists a faint grin. "This. I'll be carrying both, and three chakram. If they choose to threaten him after he is freed, I offer to take the duty of his defense and escape. To where do we escape, and do we gather anywhere else, first, or make this our rendesvous?"


Female Female demon-spawn tiefling oracle 1/paladin (oath against fiends, oath of vengeance) 4/Guardian 1 || AC 20, touch 15, flat-footed 16 (+5 armor, +4 Dex, +1 deflection) Init +1; Senses darkvision 60 ft.; Perception +1; HP: 72/72 || Fort +11, Ref +11, Will +13; +1 vs. evil outsider's spells and effects, +2 vs. death

Assuming evrything will work as planned, they will be probably be looking for us like busy bees, so I would rather we would not gather immediately here - perhaps lay low for a day or two outside of town?

As to opening the cage... If the Hellknight in charge does not have the key with him, I'm guessing we will have to break it open. Unless anyone cares to admit they know their way around a lock?


Male Chelaxian-Human Ranger 4 | HP 44 | AC 18 FF 15 T13 | Saves +6/+8/+3 | Init + 4 | Percep +10

I will wait your signal, and give cover for anyone chasing when we free Arael


Male Human Fighter 5 HP 45/49 | AC 22 (t13 f20) | F+6 R+5 W+5(+6vs Fear) | Perc +10 | Longsword +11, 1d8+6; Greatsword +12, 2d6+8

Beppo steps toward Tessai with a frown and a disapproving grunt.

sense motive 12:
He appears quite miffed at not being mentioned in Tessai's plan.

I will of course be standing near this one -- he points to Tessai --- and will protect Arael once he is free. I assume our little Black Devil can open a lock?


Tiefling M Monk 3(Sohei/MoMS) Magus 1 (Spire Defender) AC 19 Tch 15 FF 14 HP 32 F/R/W:6/7/6 Darkvision +8 Init +5
Beppo van Drotske wrote:

Beppo steps toward Tessai with a frown and a disapproving grunt.

(taking 10 to read that spoiler)

I will of course be standing near this one -- he points to Tessai --- and will protect Arael once he is free. I assume our little Black Devil can open a lock?

"Only by using an axe or something similar. My only magical gifts are are a tolerance of simple energies, some shedding of darkness, and vision through darkness. If you mean the tail, I've never tried it for locks, but even at its narrowest it's not much thinner than a tongue-tip. Proper tools for opening locks, and someone knowing their use, will serve you better than me, and my 'lock-pick'.", Devil says, again hefting his polearm. "But if we are all that is present, we shall do our best."


Female Female demon-spawn tiefling oracle 1/paladin (oath against fiends, oath of vengeance) 4/Guardian 1 || AC 20, touch 15, flat-footed 16 (+5 armor, +4 Dex, +1 deflection) Init +1; Senses darkvision 60 ft.; Perception +1; HP: 72/72 || Fort +11, Ref +11, Will +13; +1 vs. evil outsider's spells and effects, +2 vs. death

ACK!! Beppo, I could swear you were on my original post... And I even went back to make sure that I hadn't missed anyone. Sorry man!

Silver Crusade

Male Human Priest Lvl 5; 32 HP; AC:17 [14F/15T]; P+6; [+5F+5R+8W]; [S1:3-S2:4-S3:1-1C-4L]

Perhaps we'll have time to pick up a crowbar at the store. I will buy one for Beppo in case he is close enough to pry open the cage.


Male Human Fighter 5 HP 45/49 | AC 22 (t13 f20) | F+6 R+5 W+5(+6vs Fear) | Perc +10 | Longsword +11, 1d8+6; Greatsword +12, 2d6+8
Tessai wrote:
ACK!! Beppo, I could swear you were on my original post... And I even went back to make sure that I hadn't missed anyone. Sorry man!

No worries - totally no problem at all. I take Zero offense. Beppo, on the other hand, is exceptionally proud and can get rather pouty, especially when he feels like he might have been dissed by some non-human creature.


Male Human Fighter 5 HP 45/49 | AC 22 (t13 f20) | F+6 R+5 W+5(+6vs Fear) | Perc +10 | Longsword +11, 1d8+6; Greatsword +12, 2d6+8
Kyle Gray wrote:
Perhaps we'll have time to pick up a crowbar at the store. I will buy one for Beppo in case he is close enough to pry open the cage.

That sounds like a good idea. We can share the cost, Kyle. I will take care of freeing Arael and escorting him to safety, then. Any hellknight who threatens him will meet his end.


Half-Elven Rogue Lvl 2 HP 15/15 INIT+6 AC 16 CMB+3 CMD+17 Rapier/S. Sword (+6/+3 Dual +5,+1) 1d6+2/18-20x2, 1d6+2/19-20x2 Short Bow (+5) 1d6+2/x3 (F:0 R:6 W:0)

He looks at Beppo "I'll join you, I can get past the lock, I am confident of this. Its a talent I picked up as a way to occupy my time. With the two of us we can also drag him away if necessary if hes been incapacitated." Corellon offers, hiding the true nature of his talents. Bluff (untrained): 1d20 ⇒ 19.

Looking at Tessai he adds, [b]"I'm ok not advancing alone, but I am very handy with this rapier. I'll need to be close to do anything with it and if I'm going to be able to slip away while you occupy the bulk of them so that I can free Arael.


Tiefling M Monk 3(Sohei/MoMS) Magus 1 (Spire Defender) AC 19 Tch 15 FF 14 HP 32 F/R/W:6/7/6 Darkvision +8 Init +5

"If it doesn't tip our hand to have the crowbar, get it.", Devil says. "Things happen. A second option is a chance to lie about having a first."

701 to 750 of 6,676 << first < prev | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / JCServant's Council of Thieves All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.