Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

JCServant's Council of Thieves (Inactive)

Game Master JCServant


651 to 700 of 6,676 << first < prev | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | next > last >>

Male Human Alchemist 6 | HP 57 | AC 18 FF 16 T13 | Saves +7/+7/+6 (+4 disease, +2 poison) | Init + 2 | Percep +10

Reaching into his satchel, Brandon retrives his single bottle of fine Varisian wine. He removes the cork with a satisfying 'pop' and breathes in its rich aroma.

"No one knows what they'll do when backed into a corner."

He tilts the bottle and takes a deep swallow. "Are there any glasses or mugs around here? I'm happy to share.""

If anyone expresses an interest in joining him for drink, Brandon pours them a healthy measure.

"We were already in a bad way, Devil was unconscious, Beppo fought valiantly but he too was injured. The two Hellknights were trained soldiers, killers even. And more were on the way. Kyle called to his deity and revived both Devil and Beppo and the latter was able to fall back and rally. Devil was still in trouble, lying near helpless whilst they towered over him, the sounds of the other squad ringing in our ears. Corellon, Tessai and Beppo struck them down. They did what they had to."

Brandon stands up and gestures to his new companions.

"We are all still strangers to eachother. But I saw strength and honor and courage down there. I'm not saying we could stand against the Hellknights and Inquisitors but I've seen enough to think we can make a difference."

Brandon downs the remainder of his wine.

"That's.. that's all I have to say.. It was the others who eventually lead us out; Tessai, maybe Kyle, I'm not sure.." he looks down awkwardly into his empty glass.


Male Human Fighter 5 HP 45/49 | AC 22 (t13 f20) | F+6 R+5 W+5(+6vs Fear) | Perc +10 | Longsword +11, 1d8+6; Greatsword +12, 2d6+8
Brandon Harcroft wrote:
If anyone expresses an interest in joining him for drink, Brandon pours them a healthy measure.

Beppo is all too glad to join in.

Brandon Harcroft wrote:
"Corellon, Tessai and Beppo struck them down. They did what they had to."

At this remark, Beppo peeks at Amaya and Travi to see if either are paying attention. If he makes eye contact, he gives a little shrug as if to say, "It was nuthin. Did what we had to do."

Brandon Harcroft wrote:
"We are all still strangers to eachother. But I saw strength and honor and courage down there. I'm not saying we could stand against the Hellknights and Inquisitors but I've seen enough to think we can make a difference."...he looks down awkwardly into his empty glass.

Beppo offers to refill Brandon's glass. That guy might be all right. A little weird with the chemicals and the talking to himself, but all right.

That's right. Once we lost the tail of those hellknights that were still standing, we even ran into a few goblins on the way out. Scared 'em off, of course.


Tiefling M Monk 3(Sohei/MoMS) Magus 1 (Spire Defender) AC 19 Tch 15 FF 14 HP 32 F/R/W:6/7/6 Darkvision +8 Init +5

"That was Tessai. Being Goblins, they couldn't see her natural grace and nurturing warmth. So when she told them to go, they did. But I think the original thought to treat them gently was... Kyle's?"

"But I think the original question was how did we defeat the Hellknights? We outnumbered them and outflanked them, and focused our fire. Same as they did, to me. We didn't use anything unique or irreproducable. We could do it again. You could. No, I guess it's only 'we', now."

Devil offers his hand to whichever of the 'others' is closest to him. "It's only we.", he says as they take it.

Grand Lodge

Beppo does indeed notice the ladies starting at each group member as they tell their tale. Amaya, however, spends most of that time quickly scribbling down notes or a transcript of what was being said. However, Beppo cannot help but notice Yakopulio starting at him in particular, even when he wasn't talking.

Tarvi responds, That's just exciting. I wish I could have been there to give you some kind of arcane support, I would have....

Gorvio interrupts her, You would do what child? Make some funny noises? Levitate a fork in front of them? I'm sure that would have got those HellKnights running![b]

Tarvi's green eyes flare at Gorvio.[b]I'm learning. You'll see. And when I figure out how to make people spontaneously combust, you'll be the first person I practice it on.

Mathalen interjects, Impressive. To take on Hellknights in combat and live to tell about it is something else. I do not advocate violence, however, this demonstration you've described is most encouraging. While it is my understanding we are not seeking a direct confrontation with the existing powers, being able to stand our ground when needed would be most beneficial. The right amount of pressure applied to the right part of the body can cause the whole thing to fall with minimal effort.

Janiven replies, Let's not get ahead of ourselves Mathalen. Not all of our new friends have not made a commitment to join our efforts. I'm sure that those who have not would appreciate an opportunity to ask more questions if they so desire, and perhaps a night of rest to sleep on it.


Female Female demon-spawn tiefling oracle 1/paladin (oath against fiends, oath of vengeance) 4/Guardian 1 || AC 20, touch 15, flat-footed 16 (+5 armor, +4 Dex, +1 deflection) Init +1; Senses darkvision 60 ft.; Perception +1; HP: 72/72 || Fort +11, Ref +11, Will +13; +1 vs. evil outsider's spells and effects, +2 vs. death

Stepping up Tessai takes a pause for a moment and then adds:

I think we are being too humble friends - there is no need to puff up like a bloated frog, but we did very WELL, for a bunch of strangers stumbling along in the dark, putrid underbelly of Westcrown.

I could exhalt Devils' proactive attitude, Beppo's pragmatism, Kyle's divine inspiration, Corellon's resourcefullness or Brandon's resolve, but I will not - she proclaims, smiling at each one of her companions at a time - I will simply say that we worked amazingly well as a group - no bickering, no empty arguments - only pure and simple teamwork - THAT was our strength down there.

We took decisions and acted upon them quickly, we ran when needed, used deception when it served us, and fought to save our own - I have seen brethren care less about each other than we, strangers all, cared for one another - that's why we prevailed!

And I say again, as I said more than once down there - we took one or two Hellknights down, but I believe we could have taken many more if that was our goal. I am happy that you have selected these few tonight Janiven - I believe chance played a much lesser part in all this than we would like to believe - she casually fiddles with the bronze mug symbol around her neck - None of us could have found better company for what has happened today - I count myself fortunate that you were all there.

She bows deeply.


Male Chelaxian-Human Ranger 4 | HP 44 | AC 18 FF 15 T13 | Saves +6/+8/+3 | Init + 4 | Percep +10

Aemon looking at Mathalen and responding We may not be seeking a direct confrontation, but they are sure to give it to us at any opportunity.

Aemon starts moving forward and takes a seat, moving closer to everyone.

That was indeed an inspiring and impressive story maybe even one that could help win us a few minds of the common people, fear runs deep and they have a lot to fear.

Turning to Tessai, Aemon pauses staring into her eyes for a moment that continues to talk.

Those are traits every man and woman should seek, maybe we wouldn't be in this situation if that were true. If this group of ours are to hope for any chance of change the strength you lot have shown today will be needed.

Aemon looks around and speaks a little louder

I count all of Westcrown fortunate, if what we're talking about today ever happens we will be saving and improving countless life's

Aemon then sits down going back to his bow.

Maybe this is where i need to be, maybe these are the people that will help me avenge him.

Grand Lodge

Janiven looks at the group and says, That is what we need to overcome the darkness that has shrouded Westcrown for decades. We must work together, as a team. As I mentioned before, while the people we have chosen here have much promise in the ways of subterfuge, magic or battle, many are inexperienced and untrained. I was able to share my own skills with Aemon, but most of the others need a different direction in tutorship if they are to excel in these needed areas. We could use your help with operations and training our people here to make a difference for this generation and those to come. What do you all say? Will you join us? If you want more time to think on these things, you need only to ask.


Female Female demon-spawn tiefling oracle 1/paladin (oath against fiends, oath of vengeance) 4/Guardian 1 || AC 20, touch 15, flat-footed 16 (+5 armor, +4 Dex, +1 deflection) Init +1; Senses darkvision 60 ft.; Perception +1; HP: 72/72 || Fort +11, Ref +11, Will +13; +1 vs. evil outsider's spells and effects, +2 vs. death

Striding a few steps forward, her heels clapping on the floor, Tessai promptly informs:

My decisions were made before I ever got to the meeting after your invitation Janiven - I needed to know what you were up to, but having confirmed it, I have no hesitation in taking this forward as needed be. I will share my knowledge and strength in whatever way I can - I am sure we will be up to the tasks required.

Count me in! - she adds, turning to the remainder of her group in expectation.

Silver Crusade

Male Human Priest Lvl 5; 32 HP; AC:17 [14F/15T]; P+6; [+5F+5R+8W]; [S1:3-S2:4-S3:1-1C-4L]

Kyle begins to feel Shelyn's blessings after listening to his new friends speak. "I truly feel blessed to be here and feel that we will make a difference. You can count me in. Thank you for your words of inspiration that show us your beauty from within". He glances first at Tessai and then the others.

He waits for everyone else to agree to join when he turns his gaze at Devil and asks, "I would like you to choose us a song to sing. One that we may all know so we may sing along if we wish."


Male Human Alchemist 6 | HP 57 | AC 18 FF 16 T13 | Saves +7/+7/+6 (+4 disease, +2 poison) | Init + 2 | Percep +10

From the back of the room, Brandon clears his throat.

”Kyle, whilst I appreciate the sentiment, I am a practical man – a pragmatist. If you all want to join hands and sing ‘Come By Are My Lord’ that’s great, but personally I’d like a few more specifics before I agree to anything. Devil said earlier that we need to know what we’re willing to lose and he’s right, just by meeting here you all must be aware of what you’re risking.”

Turning to Janiven, he continues;

“ Janiven, you’ve said you don’t want to start outright rebellion and stand against the Hellknights. I strongly agree with that. Whilst the Laws here are written with the blood of innocents, I will not cause murder and mayhem to achieve our goals. But at the same time, what exactly are you planning to do to start winning the hearts and minds of the People, a leaflet campaign? I feel like joining the Children of Westcrown can achieve change. You’ve already said you selected us based on our abilities to wield magic, skill in battle or resourcefulness, so you must be anticipating conflict at some point. I’m not opposed to that because the cause is just. We all know we want change. What I don’t know yet, is how we are to achieve it.”

Grand Lodge

I admit Janiven says, that our cause is idealistic at best and that we don't have a full plan currently detailed out. However, your leaflet campaign isn't that far off the mark. We seek to win over the hearts of the citizens. To inspire them and pull them to our side so that when the time does come for us to declare ourselves publically, we have their support. Because of the Hell Knights and Inquisitors, a war of words can be nearly as dangerous for us as a full on conflict.

So we start off small. We form a citizen's watch of sorts. We take steps to protect the people of Westcrown from shadowbeasts, and threats from within. We do our best to do that within the constraints of the law, and with as few confrontations with Hell Knights and the such as possible. However, it is inevitable, as evidence this very evening, that we will have issues with some of the more fervant orders, regardless of how careful we are. Therefore, when the time comes, we need to be able to defend ourselves.

This is why training and tactical focus is necessary, Brandon. We don't see to train an army, but rather small groups of highly mobile forces that, as necessary, and protect the people of Westcrown and in doing so, give them courage to eventaully stand up to the fear founded rule we've been subjecated to for decades!

Excuse me.Sclavo interrupts. Janiven, you excite this ragtag group with your new friends' tales of battle, combat and tactical prowess, and then talk about possible confrontation with Hell Knights. While I am here to support taking steps for change, I expressed before a concern about insuring my family does not get involved. It seems Arael has been captured, and the same could happen to us. I understand that we may need to step our efforts up to earn the people's trust, and we all knew the possible consequences for ourselves when we signed up. But what about those we care about who didn't sign up for this type of risk. How do you intend to address that?

She answers, It's a fair question, Scalvo. And I'm open to suggestions from anyone here at this table. Arael and I spoke about this subject to great detail, and our thought is two pronged. First, we hide our identities. Let's make sure we wear hooded cloaks or full helms whenever we do anything as members of this group, such as performing a public services. Next, we give the public something to identify us by. As I told you all before, we need a name. We also wear a red cloth armband on the right arm when we're working in public. So, we aren't recognized as indivduals, but we are as a group. This way, if (Desna forbid) one of us are caught, you can keep your private lives and family seperate from your work as a member of this group. She looks to the group to hear their thoughts on the matter, while also waiting to hear further commitments or questions from the party.

Grand Lodge

Ok...I can't help myself.

GM Silliness:
Janiven continues, her voice suddenly getting deep and gruff. We will give Westcrown the heroes they deserve, not the hero they want...but the heroes they need!They'll hunt us. They'll sic the dogs on us. But, sometimes people deserve to have their to have their faith rewarded. hahahahahaha!!! Hero point for the first person who ID's this obvious silly reference.


Male Chelaxian-Human Ranger 4 | HP 44 | AC 18 FF 15 T13 | Saves +6/+8/+3 | Init + 4 | Percep +10

GM's Silliness Answer?:
The Dark Knight? that's a very rousing speech.

Grand Lodge

Yup!:
The new guy wins it! :D Yeah, I remember it well, and though in a VERY silly way, it kinda fits here!!


Tiefling M Monk 3(Sohei/MoMS) Magus 1 (Spire Defender) AC 19 Tch 15 FF 14 HP 32 F/R/W:6/7/6 Darkvision +8 Init +5

"So a sort of secret... fame? A public, whisper? That's overwhelmingly... sublime. All those of you, no, of us, who are worried, worry, yes, but breathe deeply, and freely, and step away from the fear you've been taught. Because it is what you've been taught. It's not your natural state. We can teach you different. You can teach us. And together, we can teach all Westcrown. And yes, there will be blood, and bladework, and broken bodies. But it won't be about that. There may be a bloody harvest, but the seeds, can be planted gently."

"Who can work in words? We...", Devil paused, as he seemed to have the habit of doing. "We. WE.", he weighed the sound. "We should be 'we'. The start of a new beginning for W.E.stcrown. When the time comes to mark an alley, a house, a palace, a stencil can do it in two strokes of a brush, one this-", he swiped horizontally, "One that.", he said, swiping vertically. "They're the same rune, if you turn one on its side. Not too much to ask, turn a rune on its side, seeing as we're turning a city upside down."

"But I asked about words. We need a song, that is beloved of the knights and their masters, that can be... reinforced by us. Made greater. Let them see it grow. Then we can turn its meaning, reclaim its meaning, use it to teach freedom, to unteach fear."


Male Human Alchemist 6 | HP 57 | AC 18 FF 16 T13 | Saves +7/+7/+6 (+4 disease, +2 poison) | Init + 2 | Percep +10

Ninja'd by Aemon on the Dark Knight. So basically we're going to be masked heroes in the Watchmen/V for Vendetta style. Amazing!


Male Human Alchemist 6 | HP 57 | AC 18 FF 16 T13 | Saves +7/+7/+6 (+4 disease, +2 poison) | Init + 2 | Percep +10

Brandon refills his glass, pours another measure for Beppo and a final one for Kyle.

"There's a drop left if anyone wishes to help themselves."

Janiven wrote:
We will give Westcrown the heroes they deserve, not the hero they want...but the heroes they need!

To the Priest he says;

"That's a sentiment worth singing about! Please know I meant no offence, friend, I'm not a religious man and know little of Shelyn and her flock."

Silver Crusade

Male Human Priest Lvl 5; 32 HP; AC:17 [14F/15T]; P+6; [+5F+5R+8W]; [S1:3-S2:4-S3:1-1C-4L]

i am out today, reading, but responding is slow.

Grand Lodge

Amaya looks at Black Devil. I shall add prose and poetry to your words. As we perform heroic deeds to inspire the people, I shall sing in taverns to spread word even further.

Janiven says, That's great! Praising our legal heroic deeds in public is fine and shouldn't draw too much attention from the Order. Just be careful.

My words will be chosen with careful precision, m'lady.

As the dinner goes on for about an hour, Are there any other questions before we retire? I expect word on Arael in the morning, so I shall be up early and prepared.


Male Human Fighter 5 HP 45/49 | AC 22 (t13 f20) | F+6 R+5 W+5(+6vs Fear) | Perc +10 | Longsword +11, 1d8+6; Greatsword +12, 2d6+8

When the old man pipes up, Beppo turns to whichever PC is nearest to him (let's say it's 1d6 ⇒ 1 Brandon) and mumbles, We should watch that Sclavo. There's always a weak link in these things, and it's usually someone worried about their own.

He then proceeds to spend the rest of the dinner examining Tarvi about her arcane talents. Diplomacy, for show if nothing else: 1d20 ⇒ 1


Tiefling M Monk 3(Sohei/MoMS) Magus 1 (Spire Defender) AC 19 Tch 15 FF 14 HP 32 F/R/W:6/7/6 Darkvision +8 Init +5

Devil seems almost frightened at Amaya's promise. "I hope my words are worthy, of the grace you lay upon them.", he says sincerely.

To Janiven, when she speaks of rising early: "I will sleep closely enough to be aware when you stir.", Devil says. Then he blinks, and holds up a hand. "I mean... That's not what I meant. I mean..." It becomes obvious that Devil is not going to finish the sentence. And that his fur serves well, to conceal a blush.

Grand Lodge

Janiven giggle, just a little. While you've seen her smile a little, you haven't seen more than that until now. No offense taken. We're all tired.

She stands up. I'll see you all in the morning. She walks over to a side of the sancturary that has matted blankets set aside. Like the others, she has a 'personal' area here to rest and place some personals. Looking around, there are precious few private rooms for a temple this size. You presume that most of these people do have a normal place to stay in, but travelling at night to one's house would most certainly be dangerous. It is not unsual for residents of Westcrown to spend their nights sleeping in a friend's house, the bar they drink at, or even at a friendly stranger's house occasionally in order to avoid the shadowbeasts (or the town watch enforcing the cerfew).


Female Female demon-spawn tiefling oracle 1/paladin (oath against fiends, oath of vengeance) 4/Guardian 1 || AC 20, touch 15, flat-footed 16 (+5 armor, +4 Dex, +1 deflection) Init +1; Senses darkvision 60 ft.; Perception +1; HP: 72/72 || Fort +11, Ref +11, Will +13; +1 vs. evil outsider's spells and effects, +2 vs. death

NOT GM's silliness:
Now... The Dark Knight is a movie I have enjoyed a LOT - actually it was the best one so far in my opinion - curiously enough, exactly as in the first one (probably most of you won't even remember it, but I was already a teenager :D), the Joker just took the front stage and ran with it: Jack Nicholson and then, when you just think it can't get any better, Heath Ledger just picks up the character "And...here...we... GO!"

Tessai takes a moment, before finding her corner to sleep in, to go around aand talk further with all the ones she now considers to be a part of her "pack" - joking here about a light glowing rat scurrying down the tunnel, comforting there about being overwhelmed by surprise from an ambushed HellKnight, congratulating over yonder for a song well sung - she has a word with any and every single one of them.

Sense Motive DC15:
It would seem that Tessai is not "playing the diplomat", but actually making sure that everyone is feeling good about what they have done so far, and even though her alien looks and carefree attitude may seem uncaring, it would seem there is a genuine concern for all of you.

Apologies for my sparse posting lately but this week has been murder - and while taking a small break in the couch, I was enraptured by an old Steven Seagal movie (as I always do) :D

Silver Crusade

Male Human Priest Lvl 5; 32 HP; AC:17 [14F/15T]; P+6; [+5F+5R+8W]; [S1:3-S2:4-S3:1-1C-4L]

Sense motive: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18

Kyle spends two hours in prayer before going to bed.

GM:
Earlier Self wrote:

As he contemplates the day and spends time with Shelyn he takes out his tools and starts working on a figurine. He finds himself inspired through Shelyn to create a figurine of Brandon swinging a mace with a goblin hanging on the end of it. He spends a total of two+ hours on his prayer.

Craft with Inner Beauty: 1d20 + 7 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 7 + 4 = 30

Grand Lodge

As everyone wakes the next morning, you're a bit surprised to find Janwa already awake. She's talking with Tarvi. As you approach the alter/table, she truns to you.

Good morning. As I hoped, we have received some news about Arael. After being captured by the Hell Knights, there was some debate as to who had bureucratic jurisdiction over him. Eventually, later in the day, it was announced that it fell the hands of the Order of the Rack.

The Hellknights are preparing to move Arael from the city jail to Citadel Rivad, the order’s stronghold outside the city walls. Once he’s there, he’s as good as lost. There’s no way we can rescue him then, even with your help. She excuses Tarvi and lowers her voice so just your guys can hear. Without Arael, our group is likely to fall apart. Worse, I'm afraid that the Hellknights will use magic or other extreme interrogation methods once they get him into their custody in the citadel, using them to extract the identities of all of us. We cannot allow that to happn.

She raises her voice again, so that other could overhear with any effort to do so. I want to rescue Arael while the Hellknights are transporting him on the road outside of Westcrown; there won’t be any witnesses to see us attacking the Hellknights, nor any civilians around to get hurt, and there will be fewer guards than at the prison or the citadel. Even more importantly, by rescuing him beyond Westcrown’s walls, we aren’t technically breaking city laws. Many in Westcrown, including a significant portion of the nobility, bristle at the Hellknights and see them as little more than mercenaries, and won’t take issue if they lose a prisoner on the way to the citadel. Best of all, since Arael is now in Hellknight custody, Westcrown is no longer interested in his supposed crimes, and if he escapes, the city won’t be bound to turn him back over to the Hellknights unless enough government officials want to do the Order of the Rack a favor.

I'm confident that such a favor is unlikely to be granted, especially since handing the prisoner over to the zealous Order of the Rack is already just such a favor—if we can get Arael back to Westcrown alive, preferably without the death of any Hellknights in the process, he will be safe here.

I know that some of you wanted to think things through, and I know this is a lot to ask straight away, but this will be, by far, a large operation requiring tactical planning and experience. She lowers her voice again. As I mentioned before, the others here are simply too untrained in combat to handle an operation like this... at least not without serious casualties. To ask them to do this alone when I know will result in deaths is also unacceptable to me. With your help, I believe casualties will be kept to a bare minimum. What say you? Will you help?


Tiefling M Monk 3(Sohei/MoMS) Magus 1 (Spire Defender) AC 19 Tch 15 FF 14 HP 32 F/R/W:6/7/6 Darkvision +8 Init +5

"We've some warriors. We've a soldier. And shadows, and archers. And a physiker, with a giant's mace." Devil looked around, and was sure he sensed a single motive over all the others. "We'll help. How soon? Some will want equipments they did not bring to your meeting."


Male Human Alchemist 6 | HP 57 | AC 18 FF 16 T13 | Saves +7/+7/+6 (+4 disease, +2 poison) | Init + 2 | Percep +10

Brandon wakes, bleary eyed and with a slight ache in the shoulder where he took one of the goblin’s arrows. He had never been able to hold his drink particularly well and he felt the awful dry-mouth that alcohol always gifted him.

He makes his way to the main room where he see several of his companions already seated in discussion with Janiven. He joins the table and as others arrive and Janiven describes the situation with the prison transport, Brandon tries not to make too much noise as he removes at least half a dozen vials of various coloured liquids from his satchel. He then takes out his formulae book and consults the cramped, spider-like writing he has scrawled in page after page. He mixes several of the vials together, shakes one, adds a few crushed leaves to another, a pinch of salt to another one still and then proceeds to drink each of them in obviously a very deliberate order.
Feeling several eyes on him he looks up during his preparation and simply says;

”My medication.”

What he is essentially doing is mixing an Alchemist’s Kindness to cure his hangover and then several placebos which, over the years, haven’t had any real medical benefit but Brandon seems to think have helped him manage his condition.

As he prepares his concoctions, he considers the request carefully.
Janiven seems convinced that this Arael is key to the group’s survival. It’s a difficult thing she asks us to do and dangerous too. But if she’s right about this man, it may be worth the risk.

”I’ll help in any way I can, Janiven. I’m certainly no strategist but I’ll do what I can. Do you have weapons here? I’d like to take a longspear with me, after what happened in the sewers keeping those Hellknights at bay seems like a good idea.”

Which seems to lead him onto another train of thought;

”Speaking of weapons, it seems to me that as a group we really lack ranged support. It would be nice to have some cover in this endeavour. What about that bowman, Aiden, Aaron? He seemed capable.”

Assuming Aemon he isn't here yet as he hasn't been mentioned thus far.


Female Female demon-spawn tiefling oracle 1/paladin (oath against fiends, oath of vengeance) 4/Guardian 1 || AC 20, touch 15, flat-footed 16 (+5 armor, +4 Dex, +1 deflection) Init +1; Senses darkvision 60 ft.; Perception +1; HP: 72/72 || Fort +11, Ref +11, Will +13; +1 vs. evil outsider's spells and effects, +2 vs. death

Tessai nods at Devil - He is right, if you believe we can spare a few moments, I think it would be helpful to gather whatever gear is missing from some of our posse - maybe we can move in small groups of no more than two and gather at an appointed place as soon as possible.

As far as helping out, you do not need to ask me again Janiven, I am commited to this, as I believe we are all - hesitations and questions are perfectly normal, but I think those will fade away once we get things on the move.

I would start out immediately - our chances to get at Arael will diminish dramatically if he is taken to the Rack's citadel - do we have any details of when they will be taking him away?


Male Chelaxian-Human Ranger 4 | HP 44 | AC 18 FF 15 T13 | Saves +6/+8/+3 | Init + 4 | Percep +10

You know how I feel, I've sat idle for to long Arael needs to be saved.

Sanding up and pointing at each person.

As I've said, we have the means to act but will we take this opportunity to save a brother.

Slamming his fist on the table in a hope to rouse the group.


Male Human Alchemist 6 | HP 57 | AC 18 FF 16 T13 | Saves +7/+7/+6 (+4 disease, +2 poison) | Init + 2 | Percep +10

Brandon jumps at Aemon slamming his fist onto the table, almost knocking over some of his medicine as he does so.

"Bloody hell, didn't see you there."

A look of concentration passes his face and he snaps his fingers;

"Aemon, isn't it?"

Sorry, looks like I was ninja'd in asking if Aemon was joining us lol

Grand Lodge

Janiven responds, I agree about needing ranged support. The plan I am forming will likely involve two groups and it would be an excellent idea to take Aemon with you. I will lead the second group myself. The more experienced will take point while I lead the others to provide a distraction.

Thankfully, we have some precious time to prepare. They plan to leave in a few hours as it will take Shanwen, the Knight in charge, some time to fill out all the requisite paperwork this morning. By the time you secure whatever weapons you need either from your homes or the stores, I shall have the details of my plan worked out based on this information.


Tiefling M Monk 3(Sohei/MoMS) Magus 1 (Spire Defender) AC 19 Tch 15 FF 14 HP 32 F/R/W:6/7/6 Darkvision +8 Init +5

"I would have my other Chakra and my Bill-fork. And I suppose green-hair might manage the hound better than I. Unless Yukopulio thinks the house might be revived? It is what the hound is trained for, and he'd live longer there than with us. His skills do not include subterfuge.", Devil says, smiling wryly. {You might have been speaking of yourself}, he thought.

"Once we have them, an opening barrage of chakra, of oil, of caltrops. Of spells?", Devil looks around for confirmation of that thought. "Then let them come to us, past Bill and Longspear, while arrows rain."


Female Female demon-spawn tiefling oracle 1/paladin (oath against fiends, oath of vengeance) 4/Guardian 1 || AC 20, touch 15, flat-footed 16 (+5 armor, +4 Dex, +1 deflection) Init +1; Senses darkvision 60 ft.; Perception +1; HP: 72/72 || Fort +11, Ref +11, Will +13; +1 vs. evil outsider's spells and effects, +2 vs. death

Unless they have ranged support themselves, which may actually put us at a disadvantage... I would rather me, Brandon, Beppo to be up in their face - Devil and Corellon deciding on the fly what best positions to secure: ranged or melee; Aemon - She bows shortly to the man - thank you for joining us - I would have you providing ranged support, and I trust Kyle to place himself in whatever place he finds himself needed.


Male Chelaxian-Human Ranger 4 | HP 44 | AC 18 FF 15 T13 | Saves +6/+8/+3 | Init + 4 | Percep +10

Aemon taking a step back looking apologetic, turns to Brandon.

The name is Aemon. I'm sorry for the little out burst, I've just been sat here to long and as Janiven said we have little time to plan.

Turning to Tessai, giving her a nod.

I have no problem providing ranged support, it is a specialty of mine, i'd rather not go hand to hand unless it was required

Silver Crusade

Male Human Priest Lvl 5; 32 HP; AC:17 [14F/15T]; P+6; [+5F+5R+8W]; [S1:3-S2:4-S3:1-1C-4L]

I will certainly help in any way I can. Just tell me where you want me and what you need me to do. I'm pretty good at healing.

Excuse my brevity, I'm very busy.

Grand Lodge

Is there anything anyone wants to buy or grab? Now is the time to do it.


Female Female demon-spawn tiefling oracle 1/paladin (oath against fiends, oath of vengeance) 4/Guardian 1 || AC 20, touch 15, flat-footed 16 (+5 armor, +4 Dex, +1 deflection) Init +1; Senses darkvision 60 ft.; Perception +1; HP: 72/72 || Fort +11, Ref +11, Will +13; +1 vs. evil outsider's spells and effects, +2 vs. death

Tessai is ok, but ready to accompany anyone that needs to grab some equipment


Tiefling M Monk 3(Sohei/MoMS) Magus 1 (Spire Defender) AC 19 Tch 15 FF 14 HP 32 F/R/W:6/7/6 Darkvision +8 Init +5

Devil has a bill polearm, another two chakram, and a guard dog to pick up at 'home'. Any responses from Yuko?


Male Chelaxian-Human Ranger 4 | HP 44 | AC 18 FF 15 T13 | Saves +6/+8/+3 | Init + 4 | Percep +10

I have everything i own here, but if anyone needs something i'll go with them also.

Grand Lodge

Black Devil:
Naturally curious (silly gnomes) and with nothing pressing to do while plans are being made, she agrees to go with you to see what she can 'acquire.' Appearntly she is not bothered as much as most would be with the idea.

Silver Crusade

Male Human Priest Lvl 5; 32 HP; AC:17 [14F/15T]; P+6; [+5F+5R+8W]; [S1:3-S2:4-S3:1-1C-4L]

"I'll help you grab your things," Kyle tells Devil.


Male Human Fighter 5 HP 45/49 | AC 22 (t13 f20) | F+6 R+5 W+5(+6vs Fear) | Perc +10 | Longsword +11, 1d8+6; Greatsword +12, 2d6+8

Beppo wants his greatsword and light crossbow from the inn where he had been staying.


Male Human Alchemist 6 | HP 57 | AC 18 FF 16 T13 | Saves +7/+7/+6 (+4 disease, +2 poison) | Init + 2 | Percep +10

I need to pick up a longspear. I like the idea of reach, particularly if I enlarge myself so that I can threaten 15 and 20 feet away (alhtough not 5 and 10 which is a shame.) Based on Devil's suggestion I'm also going to pick up 5 pints of oil also


Female Female demon-spawn tiefling oracle 1/paladin (oath against fiends, oath of vengeance) 4/Guardian 1 || AC 20, touch 15, flat-footed 16 (+5 armor, +4 Dex, +1 deflection) Init +1; Senses darkvision 60 ft.; Perception +1; HP: 72/72 || Fort +11, Ref +11, Will +13; +1 vs. evil outsider's spells and effects, +2 vs. death

Let us go the three of us - which one of you is staying closer? Tessai adds to Brandon and Beppo.


Tiefling M Monk 3(Sohei/MoMS) Magus 1 (Spire Defender) AC 19 Tch 15 FF 14 HP 32 F/R/W:6/7/6 Darkvision +8 Init +5

GM/Yuko/Kyle:

Devil will revisit the topic of the house and the hound, hoping to spare the creature a fugitive's lifestyle, and perhaps keep the house from being picked over.

Since the house is set up to be a brothel, and the hound is trained to block the stairs to unaccompanied men, either might be useful to Yuko or some contact of hers. Otherwise, the house will probably be looted, and the hound killed in some rebel action, Devil fears.

He doesn't know who owns the building (unless you say he does). Which is me setting up whatever you want. (There was early talk of us basing there.)

Otherwise, he'll show Yuko around. If Kyle's in tow in each room, he'll tell him which room was which girl's, by the statues Kyle made, since Kyle'd know that more than their names.

At some point, he'll send them downstairs, and when alone, sob. I don't think he can weep(despite the song), but I expect he can sob.


Male Human Fighter 5 HP 45/49 | AC 22 (t13 f20) | F+6 R+5 W+5(+6vs Fear) | Perc +10 | Longsword +11, 1d8+6; Greatsword +12, 2d6+8

That's fine, Tessai. Do Black Devil and Kyle need some backup, though? Maybe the new guy?

Beppo relays the location of the Limping Halfling and discusses briefly with Brandon.

1 it's me 2 it's Brandon: 1d2 ⇒ 2

Well, it sounds like Brandon is closer. We can go there first.


Female Female demon-spawn tiefling oracle 1/paladin (oath against fiends, oath of vengeance) 4/Guardian 1 || AC 20, touch 15, flat-footed 16 (+5 armor, +4 Dex, +1 deflection) Init +1; Senses darkvision 60 ft.; Perception +1; HP: 72/72 || Fort +11, Ref +11, Will +13; +1 vs. evil outsider's spells and effects, +2 vs. death

Let's go then Brandon, no time to waste on this one - gather your gear and then we are off for some serious business.

On the way, Tessai addresses her two companions specifically:

You guys are aware that this time we are going to hit an escort convoy, transporting the "leader" of the resistance, or something of the kind, right...?

Grand Lodge

Correct, Brandon.

1d20 ⇒ 4

BD/Kyle:
Things go pretty much as BD describes. Yukopulio eyes grow big as she is taken on the tour of the place. Chelaxian leaders know that people need to relax and unwind. Brothels are legal as long as a number (that number being high) of rules and regulations are followed. She admittedly knows little of this one (a surprise to be sure), but will look into it. If the place is available for sale, she has a friend (a priest of Calista) who she believes would become a partner to help her buy and run it properly. She agrees, in the mean time, to take ownership of the dog, as he would be a valuable guard given his training.


Tiefling M Monk 3(Sohei/MoMS) Magus 1 (Spire Defender) AC 19 Tch 15 FF 14 HP 32 F/R/W:6/7/6 Darkvision +8 Init +5

GM/Yuko/Kyle:

Devil will spend whatever time is needed over coming days to 'transfer' the hound to Yuko.

He also requests the name be unchanged. Of the house. He doesn't know the hound's name, he's not sure it has one.

He also requests anything Yuko can learn about why a closed-helmed hellknight who other hellknights don't acknowledge might arrange for a house full of prostitutes to be killed, 'Days of the Condor' style, and was it just dumb luck he was lured away at the time?

As he asks these questions, a sort of tension fills Devil, directed toward Kyle. But it passes.


Male Human Alchemist 6 | HP 57 | AC 18 FF 16 T13 | Saves +7/+7/+6 (+4 disease, +2 poison) | Init + 2 | Percep +10

"Its seems like some of this group have more to lose than others. I agree we should keep an eye on most of them. I find it hard to trust people at the best of times and although I don't know any of you very well, when you fight beside someone you find out what they're all about. What about you two, don't you have any family left in this city?"

"I have only been in Westcrown a few months so my lodgings have been temporary. All I really need is my Wayfinder and this;"

He holds up his battered formulae book.

"This is all the notes I've ever taken on... My travels. There is nothing i need from there so ill happily accompany you Beppo, I can pick up a spear on the way."

651 to 700 of 6,676 << first < prev | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / JCServant's Council of Thieves All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.