Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends


JCServant's Council of Thieves (Inactive)

Game Master JCServant


601 to 650 of 6,676 << first < prev | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | next > last >>
Grand Lodge

Yakapulio smacks the halfling on the head. Oww! What did you do that for?

The gnome replies, Because you need to come out of the high heavens and land back in reality. If your deities of good were soooo good and powerful, we wouldn't be in this mess in Cheliax to begin with. Let me remind you that...

As Janiven pulls herself up, Can you two stop arguing? We have bigger issues to discuss. She surveys the temple and sees the party amoung its current occupants. Thank Desna. I'm glad you guys made it here safely. She slumps in a chair and takes off her boots, allowing the sewage to drain out of them. In answer to Brandon's inquiry, she replies, Well, I was able to get some of their attention, and then it was a matter of staying one step ahead of them. Let's just saying that in learning to defend myself, I picked up on the importance of keeping distance from one's foes. That armor they wear is mighty impressive, but it slows them down. I was able to circle around the long way and make it back over here. I almost ran into a different patrol completely on my way here, but thankfully, I spotted them first. Their armor was completely covered in sludge and filth. I dare say, their superiors aren't going to be happy that they're returning empty handed and completely filthy. She cracks a half smile as she dwells on that through for a minute.


Male Human Fighter 5 HP 45/49 | AC 22 (t13 f20) | F+6 R+5 W+5(+6vs Fear) | Perc +10 | Longsword +11, 1d8+6; Greatsword +12, 2d6+8
Kyle Gray wrote:
He carefully looks over the figurines and gives a pleasant smile. "I see your internal beauty surpasses even your natural beauty. I hope you enlighten me by singing a song with me."

Who knew Kyle was the smooth one?

When there is a bang at the trap door, Beppo turns to watch the proceedings, sword hand twitching at his side. He waits for Janiven to emerge.

It's like a damn NINJA convention over here!


Female Female demon-spawn tiefling oracle 1/paladin (oath against fiends, oath of vengeance) 4/Guardian 1 || AC 20, touch 15, flat-footed 16 (+5 armor, +4 Dex, +1 deflection) Init +1; Senses darkvision 60 ft.; Perception +1; HP: 48/72 || Fort +11, Ref +11, Will +13; +1 vs. evil outsider's spells and effects, +2 vs. death

Good to see that you are safe Janiven - I guess once you've had the opportunity to take a breather we will have the opportunity to finish our conversation, so rudely interrupted the first time? - Tessai pipes in.

I'm guessing know we are knee deep in it... Literally... She laughs out loud as she points her still unsheathed blade to everyone's feet all around - And may I say, it stinks!!


Male Human Alchemist 6 | HP 57 | AC 18 FF 16 T13 | Saves +7/+7/+6 (+4 disease, +2 poison) | Init + 2 | Percep +10
Yakapulio wrote:
Because you need to come out of the high heavens and land back in reality. If your deities of good were soooo good and powerful, we wouldn't be in this mess in Cheliax to begin with. Let me remind you that...

"She has a point. But Tessai is right as well, we do have much left to discuss Janiven. We fought the Hellknight's down there, near killed one and foiled the rest. They aren't like to forget that in a hurry."

Grand Lodge

Ermolos, Yukopulio and Janiven laugh at Tessai's pun. Yuko, Janiven says, Can you ask the others to come on over here in a few minutes? I'd like to introduce them to our new friends. Yukopulio nods, but stops half-step. What about Arael? Is the kid right? Has he been grabbed by the knights? Janiven answers, It seems so. I'll send someone out tonight to see if we can find out more.

Yukopulio nods and heads off as the halfling retreats to gather more cleaning supplies. Janiven looks at Tessai, I'm sorry, but to be honest, our time in the Tavern, while less than an hour ago, already feels like a world away. Please, what is your most pressing question? I would be happy to answer it.


Female Female demon-spawn tiefling oracle 1/paladin (oath against fiends, oath of vengeance) 4/Guardian 1 || AC 20, touch 15, flat-footed 16 (+5 armor, +4 Dex, +1 deflection) Init +1; Senses darkvision 60 ft.; Perception +1; HP: 48/72 || Fort +11, Ref +11, Will +13; +1 vs. evil outsider's spells and effects, +2 vs. death

A simple one Janiven - What is the plan? Again the tiefling smiles widely.

And Brandon... I must argue that the Hellknight was not nearly killed by us - he was definitely dead when we left.

Grand Lodge

Janiven looks a little surprised. Oh. You killed a knight? Ouch. Well, it isn't the preferred approach, but that situation in the sewers was anything but ideal. You did what you had to do.

Well, you heard what our goal was before. Arael and I believe that we can work together to improve the lives of the people of Westcrown. We can, by example, show them that we can change our town and help restore it back to a place where we are happy to live in, free from fear, shadow beasts and talk of devils.

She sighs for a moment.

But the actual gameplan? That's the subject of a little debate. One that, quite frankly, we could use your help with. There are some obvious concerns. In whatever we do, we have to take care not to appear as rebels or rioters. We must work to avoid direct confrontation with the Hell Knights, inquisitors and the watch as much as possible. Westcrown is largly ignored by the rules of Cheliax after they moved the capital. They avoid direct entanglements with Westcrown whenever possible as long there's nothing to terrible going on here. However, if we become too big of a stench, we might bring down their wrath on our heads. Care and discretion are the name of the game.

She stands up. However, within those clear constraints, there are a number of approaches and details that we either cannot agree on, or just don't have an answer to. One of the reason I reached out to you is that the most of you are experienced in fighting, stealth, diplomacy and even the ways of divine inspiration. To be frank, we could use some of that right now. All of the others here are young, and inexperienced.

But, since that's an involved discussion, why don't we postpone your formal introductions with the others? Let me show you to the washrooms, and give you a chance to change out of your clothing. I'll have Mathalen bring you a stack of various sizes so each of you can find something that fits. And I will have some food brought out from storage. And, maybe in an hour we can meet together and discuss further over a meal. Agreed?


Male Human Alchemist 6 | HP 57 | AC 18 FF 16 T13 | Saves +7/+7/+6 (+4 disease, +2 poison) | Init + 2 | Percep +10

"That sounds like a wonderful idea. A warm bath will make me feel like a new man."

Approach Tessai:
"Hey Tessai. I just wanted to say thanks for your help in the sewer, I felt like I was losing it a little down there a couple of times. I mean, that goblin.. I've... never killed anyone before. I don't know why Janiven approached me for... whatever she has planned... but we pulled together, especially when Devil was hurt. I feel like we could actually achieve something. Anyway, I'm sure you're busy, I'm going to wash up. I just wanted to say thanks."

Edmond:
Tut, tut Brandon. Never killed anyone? Liars make fools of us all.

Brandon:
I said I've never killed anyone, monster.


Tiefling M Monk 3(Sohei/MoMS) Magus 1 (Spire Defender) AC 19 Tch 15 FF 14 HP 32 F/R/W:6/7/6 Darkvision +8 Init +5

Big block of time = random bits, anybody feel free to use or ignore.

Devil gives Yukopulio back her chair. "In case you wanted to hit Fiosa with it.", he says evenly, intending chastisement, but allowing the petit bawd's professional sense of tone to inform her of that.

"Tessai. Should I gather coals and water? I doubt they'll have sand. Do you oil?"

"Morosino. I had suspected you a traitor to your cause. I cannot apologize for adding a column of numbers to a sum. But more numbers have been added to the column, so the sum has changed. The column will grow more, and soon. So I want you to think carefully, about two clay pitchers. One is broken by malice. One is broken by carelessness. Which is more broken?"

Silver Crusade

Male Human Priest Lvl 5; 32 HP; AC:17 [14F/15T]; P+6; [+5F+5R+8W]; [S1:3-S2:4-S3:1-1C-4L]

"It may take a long bath and a night before I regain my stomach enough to hold something down." Kyle pops.

Grand Lodge

Morosino looks at Kyle. uhh...what did he say?


Tiefling M Monk 3(Sohei/MoMS) Magus 1 (Spire Defender) AC 19 Tch 15 FF 14 HP 32 F/R/W:6/7/6 Darkvision +8 Init +5
GM-JCServant wrote:
Morosino looks at Kyle. uhh...what did he say?

"He can't eat, sewers twisted his guts.", Devil translates.


Male Human Alchemist 6 | HP 57 | AC 18 FF 16 T13 | Saves +7/+7/+6 (+4 disease, +2 poison) | Init + 2 | Percep +10

To Morosino...

Brandon rubs at his temples. So many people here, so many eyes. What if they can hear Edmond in my head? One of the sorcerers his parents took him to could read minds, for him it was.. Unpleasant.

I believe he is saying that whether through carelessness or betrayal we were all but discovered this evening. He still doesn't know what to make of your role here but I think he intends to find out. Logical really. Don't worry, we are the strangers here.

Janiven, no need to direct me, I'm sure I can find the washroom.

He had a splitting headache as he often did when under duress. That was a bad sign. I just need a few moments alone is all.


Female Female demon-spawn tiefling oracle 1/paladin (oath against fiends, oath of vengeance) 4/Guardian 1 || AC 20, touch 15, flat-footed 16 (+5 armor, +4 Dex, +1 deflection) Init +1; Senses darkvision 60 ft.; Perception +1; HP: 48/72 || Fort +11, Ref +11, Will +13; +1 vs. evil outsider's spells and effects, +2 vs. death
The Black Devil wrote:

Big block of time = random bits, anybody feel free to use or ignore.

Devil gives Yukopulio back her chair. "In case you wanted to hit Fiosa with it.", he says evenly, intending chastisement, but allowing the petit bawd's professional sense of tone to inform her of that.

"Tessai. Should I gather coals and water? I doubt they'll have sand. Do you oil?"

"Morosino. I had suspected you a traitor to your cause. I cannot apologize for adding a column of numbers to a sum. But more numbers have been added to the column, so the sum has changed. The column will grow more, and soon. So I want you to think carefully, about two clay pitchers. One is broken by malice. One is broken by carelessness. Which is more broken?"

Actually Devil, this time I am going for cold water - I still feel kind of numbed by all that has been going on about us - and now apparently we may be expected to come up with a plan... I need to mull this over, and I do not want to relax just yet - I want to be fully on the edge for the next couple of hours. Thank you for the offer though.


Half-Elven Rogue Lvl 2 HP 15/15 INIT+6 AC 16 CMB+3 CMD+17 Rapier/S. Sword (+6/+3 Dual +5,+1) 1d6+2/18-20x2, 1d6+2/19-20x2 Short Bow (+5) 1d6+2/x3 (F:0 R:6 W:0)

As Janiven finishes her statements Corellon rhetorically asks, ”So we’re not talking a full plate of rebellion, just a side of treason?”.

Not trying to be difficult, jut RPing the character here, Corellon is young and a bit selfish still, doesn’t really know what he wants.

He turns and walks away to one of the more secluded, shadowed parts of the room and absentmindedly examines the brickwork and the wall …

’Great, what in Golarion have I gotten myself into … a band of misfits and lost children. And what’s in it for me, a noose at best? Why, why, why did I ever go into that tavern? You are a fool.’

Grand Lodge

Perhaps to Corellon's surprise, Janiven doesn't seem to take any offense at all at his comment. Go, get washed up, friend. Then we can talk some things out and you can decide for yourself. If you honestly are not interested in what we seek to accomplish after that, then I have made a grave error in judgement, but you are free to go with no strings attached. We only ask that you keep our precense a secret from those such as the Order of the Rack who, in their zealousness to squash out anything that even smells like discontentment with the status quo, would cut us down without hesitation.

Grand Lodge

Note: I have a very busy day at work today going into tomorrow, yet I need to post a LOT of stuff here...so instead of doing one mega post, I'm going to post more frequently in small bite size posts. It should help conversations to better if nothing else. However, it may feel a little odd that instead of introducing everyone in one fell swoop, she's 'pausing' to allow you all time to introduce yourselves, ask questions, etc. Just roll with it :)

Grand Lodge

When Janiven stands and attempts to introduct you, the others are in a heated argument about what they should call their group. Some see themselves as rebels and freedom fighters and push for names like “The Knights of Westcrown,” or “The Scions of Aroden.” Others see the group as something that should be gentler and more subtle in its attempt to win the hearts of the citizens and push for less antagonistic names like, “Guardians of Cheliax” or “Children of Westcrown.” This latter name is the one with the most traction, currently.

Janiven sighs. Takes her mug and slams it into the table a couple of times, creating enough noise to get their attention. Gentlemen, and ladies, please. I would like an opportunity to introduce each other. As everyone sits down, Janiven looks at the group and says, Everyone has met me. Arael is our leader, but I keep things running when needed and handle some of the field ops directly when he's not available. Looking at Kyle, she says, If you wouldn't mind, perhaps you all would like to introduce yourselves, first.

Those of you with social skills know that, generally, in Cheliax where order is paramount, the fact that she allows you to go before the others indicate her acknowledgement, formally, of your experience and standing above the others.

Silver Crusade

Male Human Priest Lvl 5; 32 HP; AC:17 [14F/15T]; P+6; [+5F+5R+8W]; [S1:3-S2:4-S3:1-1C-4L]

My name is Kyle, I am a priest of Shelyn. I have lived my life in this demon infested town all my life. For years I have learned to live in shadows and fear the night. Not until Janiven had sought me out did I believe that things could be different. He slams his fist on the table. Should be different!

Grand Lodge

The rest of you may jump in ...while she was looking at Kyle, she was inviting everyone to introduce themselves.


Tiefling M Monk 3(Sohei/MoMS) Magus 1 (Spire Defender) AC 19 Tch 15 FF 14 HP 32 F/R/W:6/7/6 Darkvision +8 Init +5

Reponding to Tessai:

Devil smiled. "I wasn't offering to sedate you. I wouldn't make such an offer in a room full of people." His smile broadened, showing a flash of teeth.

Responding to Janiven:

"I'm called Devil. It fits. I'm also a Westcrown native, but I cannot say I know the town well. I know people a bit better, though. My mother was an elf, and perhaps careless of who my father was. Or perhaps not, Taint hides as well as Nobility. I grew up among those who make a study of humanity. I am- I was the doorman at the Cor Aurum, until some very strange things happened."

"I can't know what's important, so I'm going to tell it all, in case some piece fits what someone else knows."

"Kyle, the Shelynite, came to the Cor Aurum, not a customer, just passing out statues he'd carved. Just random, from the look of them, but every girl found something about one of them, like it was Meant for her. Lightened all their steps. Can't be sure whether or not to thank him for that. So I haven't."

"Next day, a Hellknight comes to the place, says I'm to come for questions. So, I go. Halfway to their barrack, and he sends me ahead alone, while he handled some fool on the street. So, I went."

"He never met me there, they never knew why I was there, and eventually told me to go. So, I left."

"When I got back to the Cor Aurum, they were all dead. So, I buried them. I mean, I washed them, dressed them, shrouded them. Cleaned the house. And buried them." Glancing at Kyle, he adds, "With your statues. Their statues. The statues."

"When I got back, Brandon was there. He was hiding from some- I don't know, maybe he'll tell you. He was hurt, I gave him bandages, and food."

I went to a tavern; I went to several places, to cancel standing orders, for ale, food... chemistries. But at the tavern, well, outside, actually, a shadow caught a guy. I did what I could, and Janiven saw, and asked me to come to her meeting.

"I'm sure from there it will be told by someone else. Excuse me."

Devil makes a careful study of the farthest corner of the room.


Half-Elven Rogue Lvl 2 HP 15/15 INIT+6 AC 16 CMB+3 CMD+17 Rapier/S. Sword (+6/+3 Dual +5,+1) 1d6+2/18-20x2, 1d6+2/19-20x2 Short Bow (+5) 1d6+2/x3 (F:0 R:6 W:0)

Corellon is conscious of his difficult background and the tragedy that was his family life. He is looking for a clean break and has no intent to carry that baggage with him here, especially among new acquaintances. He does his best to hide the emotions that tug at him when he speaks of home, though his words are not outright lies, he does not reveal the whole truth, not yet.

Bluff (untrained): 1d20 ⇒ 19

”I am originally from Egorian, from a merchant family. I have learned much of commerce over the years and have set out on my own to make my own way, my own fortune. When I return home, it will be as a self-made man."

"I am sympathetic to the plight of those in Westcrown, and to the effects of corruption on merchants and tradesmen alike. I am all for change, I am just weary of the means and methods of achieving it. If I were more established, perhaps my operations could serve as a front to some other organization, however, I do not relish the idea of becoming a visible symbol of any resistence.”


Male Human Fighter 5 HP 45/49 | AC 22 (t13 f20) | F+6 R+5 W+5(+6vs Fear) | Perc +10 | Longsword +11, 1d8+6; Greatsword +12, 2d6+8

sense motive (untrained): 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4

Beppo stands up next.

I am Giusef Roff-Kafer van Drotske IV, but you can call me Beppo. I am a nobleman and an officer of the Black Buck company.

We recently joined a group of counter-revolutionaries seeking to put things right in Galt. When we were stabbed in the back (some of us quite literally) by agents of the current Chelaxian regime, I looked ... well, I will speak frankly. I looked for revenge.

I hope to find some measure of it here.

Grand Lodge

Good stuff! Just missing two more.

Silver Crusade

Male Human Priest Lvl 5; 32 HP; AC:17 [14F/15T]; P+6; [+5F+5R+8W]; [S1:3-S2:4-S3:1-1C-4L]

Oh, a skill check.

Sense motive: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 20

Kyle nods his head as the others introduce themselves. He is somewhat taken back by the news Devil shares of what happened to Cor Aurum. Shelyn, I see why you brought me here. These acts must stop. Please give me the courage and strength to bring change. As he listens to Corellon he wonders what he's keeping from them.


Female Female demon-spawn tiefling oracle 1/paladin (oath against fiends, oath of vengeance) 4/Guardian 1 || AC 20, touch 15, flat-footed 16 (+5 armor, +4 Dex, +1 deflection) Init +1; Senses darkvision 60 ft.; Perception +1; HP: 48/72 || Fort +11, Ref +11, Will +13; +1 vs. evil outsider's spells and effects, +2 vs. death

I think I recognize some of your faces from around town - Tessai pipes in as she takes in the faces around, looking at her - You may have known my father - he was the caretaker of the "Lost House", not far from the outskirts of town... Until it was burned down...

After pausing for a moment, she continues - I had been so innocent back then, knowing only a life of enjoyment, as a child should, ignorant of the putrid stench that has come to coalesce in Westcrown - as years went by while my father and grandfather continued their work, I saw many young men and women attempting to hide from the irracional xenophobic terror that suffuses this place, paired with the oppressive rules and stiffling demands placed on all us who live here - there they found a welcome place, and an opportunity to decide how to live their own lifes.

It was only when it was all burned down, amongst the screams of the dead and the fleeing ones, that I fully understood what had come to be of these lands, and of this city - I made a vow to my father that day, one that I intend to keep - I will set things straight, or at least give it my best. I cannot sit idly by any further, pretend I do not notice the disappearances, the beatings, and the tortures... And I will not.

By the way, my name is Tessai, my mother was demon-spawn and I am a Tiefling. By grace of Cailean I am his Inquisitor.


Male Human Alchemist 6 | HP 57 | AC 18 FF 16 T13 | Saves +7/+7/+6 (+4 disease, +2 poison) | Init + 2 | Percep +10

Brandon stands at the back of the room away from the new group having freshly washed some of the grime from his face.

I had no idea how bad things were.

He clears his throat and says.

"Unlike most of us here, I am not from Westcrown, or even Cheliax. My name is Brandon Harcroft and originally I come from Varisia. But my work and... other things, have lead me to travel extensively. I am a member of the Pathfinder society, seekers of truth and esoteric knowledge. I thought I'd find both here but.." he shakes his head. "The House of Thune control everything! How can a society exist when it is not free to think for itself? I've tried over the years to be a man of study and science and I thought I was finally on to something here. But this place is like a prison, a prison of the mind."

Brandon begins to pace now, his jaw muscles tightening, the vein on his temple throbbing and being constantly tap, tap tapped by the palm of his right hand. His temper is rising, running away with him.

His voice is raised when he says; "All I wanted were answers, all I needed was a little hope! But then I was set upon and nearly killed by thugs in the night, scum who prowl the streets looking for blood to spill and coin to steal. I told them but they didn't listen. I told them... They didn't listen, they didn't listen! I wouldn't even have been there but for the damned Hellknights and the thrice damned House of Thrune! IT'S BEEN YEARS SINCE HE..!

As suddenly as the outburst started it is over. He takes a deep breath and smoothes back his hair. His hands shaking and sweat beads in tiny drops on his forehead.

"I'm sorry, it's been a... difficult night. I came to Westcrown to get into Delvehaven. My reasons for that are my own and with every fibre of me I hope to still achieve it. But the more time I spend here the more I think - Hellknights and inquisitors, controlling through fear and intimidation. Children, growing up educated according to Thune's twisted docterine? That's not right. It's not.. it's not fair!"

acutely aware of the the silence that has befallen the room, his mouth moves once or twice but nothing more comes out. He cannot hold anyone's gaze and so returns to furiously scrubbing at his hands with the warm water he has fetched from the washroom.

Grand Lodge

Quite a diverse crowd you got there says the scantily clad gnome. Janiven shoots here a glare.

Thank you. Janiven says to the group as the halfling serves everyone soup and jerky. You've met Fiosa and Yukopulio. Ermolos here had a long apprenticeship as a blacksmith. The strong man who gave drink to Tassai nods his head. His father, Ermolos the Elder, was a relatively well-known adventurer who vanished on an ill-fated journey to Thuvia several years ago. We hope that one day we can sponser him to travel across the Inner Sea to find his missing parent.

Thank you Janiven, the handsome, muscular man replies with a slight accent. But, as I told you, I am dedicated to the cause here in Westcrown for now. I have new friends here. Arael and you have given me hope that we can make a difference from then and our future generations.


Tiefling M Monk 3(Sohei/MoMS) Magus 1 (Spire Defender) AC 19 Tch 15 FF 14 HP 32 F/R/W:6/7/6 Darkvision +8 Init +5

"Ground must be turned, if seed is to be planted", Devil says from the corner, where he is again facing the room.

Grand Lodge

Gorvio works for his uncle Jacovo, a horse trader, but has increasingly grown curious about his ancestry You notice that the thin, young band with black hair has vibrant amber eyes. They're almost mesmerizing.

He responds, I suspect that somewhere in my past lurks the blood of a tiefling or two, but my efforts in finding any information about that has been met with frustration. Tieflings are treated very poorly in our society, and most of the records are burned or buried. I'm hardly a crusader for justice and equality, but I will not allow my heritage to be blemished by uncontrolled prejudice. He puts his fingers together one at a time. Furthermore, hanging out and helping Arael's little band here is my best chance to find out exactly where my roots lie.

He nods at the group. With that being said, it is a pleasure to meet you.

Grand Lodge

You all can ask any questions or comments as she goes down the line...even if it is of a previous person

Grand Lodge

Janiven continues down the table. Larko is a dock worker. It doesn't pay much, as you can imagine, but he's hoping with us that he can earn enough coin to afford to move out of the city and live in the hills east of Westcrown. The young man with dusty, tan appearance nods at group. Well met, he says.

To his left you see a thin and wiry woman with aubern hair and average looks. Mathalen worked as a porter but found the job dreadfully dull. She got through her days by making sure to take frequent breaks to meditate and purge her mind of “the poisons of menial labor.” This attitude struck her employer as lazy, and she was recently fired from her job, but we believe we have a place for her here.

I believe strongly in the power of order and discipline, Mathalen says. The techniques my grandfather taught me brought much needed focus. However, enforcement of such direction through fear and dark methods is hardly honorable. We shall show the others that a better way to maintain harmony and order exists.

Silver Crusade

Male Human Priest Lvl 5; 32 HP; AC:17 [14F/15T]; P+6; [+5F+5R+8W]; [S1:3-S2:4-S3:1-1C-4L]

Amen to that.


Tiefling M Monk 3(Sohei/MoMS) Magus 1 (Spire Defender) AC 19 Tch 15 FF 14 HP 32 F/R/W:6/7/6 Darkvision +8 Init +5

To Kyle, at least, at first:

"You know, it won't be beautiful. Not for a long time. There'll be blood. There'll be fire. And pain, and loss. The worst of winters, before anything that might feel like spring. Is it that important? More important than everything else, that we start to walk through that winter? I've buried my family; I've got nothing to lose. Are the rest of you willing to lose? Before you get into a fight, you have to decide if you're willing to lose. What you're willing to lose, who you're willing to be. One man is dead. To save me. So we could run. Here. To have this conversation. Is it going to be worth it? This will be treason. This will be robbery, arson, murder... Are we going to make it worth it? Worth all the loss we're about to inflict, and endure? Are we going to make it worth it? Will we not stop, until that spring? Any that aren't going to stay until the end... should leave, before we begin."


Female Female demon-spawn tiefling oracle 1/paladin (oath against fiends, oath of vengeance) 4/Guardian 1 || AC 20, touch 15, flat-footed 16 (+5 armor, +4 Dex, +1 deflection) Init +1; Senses darkvision 60 ft.; Perception +1; HP: 48/72 || Fort +11, Ref +11, Will +13; +1 vs. evil outsider's spells and effects, +2 vs. death

Tessai nods at each one as they are introduced with a smile in her face, perhaps showing more enthusiasm that she would have intended to, but it doesn't seem to matter to her at this point.

Turning to Devil laughing, she adds - Now, now Devil, let the people introduce themselves first, before we have them killing or robbing anyone - remember it has already been ugly so far, very ugly even, in many cases... Hey, if worse comes to worse, after we ran through all that sewage, at least you know you already have a couple of allies, right?

Grand Lodge

A soft-spoken, older (relatively speaking) man with a receding hairline says, Is this true, Janiven? Will they track down our families and kill them because of our efforts?

Janiven glances at Black Devil for a moment and then back at the concerned individual. It's a slim possibility, Sclavo. Remember, this isn't an all out rebellion of any sort. Keeping a low profile, and taking steps to break the law as little as possible will help insure we are beneath the attention of most of the orders. We'll be talking about other ways to insure that our loved ones stay as far from this as possible. She turns back to the party. Sclavo has long worked as a scribe for one of Westcrown’s courts. He longs for a day when the laws of Cheliax can be reformed. Together, I hope we can do that.

The young lady next to him is Amaya. She is a glass blower who hopes to one day visit her distant kin in Magnimar and Sandpoint. Having heard stories from her Father of those lands, and the freedom they offer, she hopes that she can contribute to making that dream a reality here in Westcrown.

Now that you see her closer, you can see even better that she is indeed a very beautiful young lady of direct Tian descent. She bows her head towards the entire party. She speaks with a heavy accent. It is my pleasure to meet you. She pauses for a second. I pray that my humble skills in art and song will inspire you to do great deeds for our cause.


Male Human Alchemist 6 | HP 57 | AC 18 FF 16 T13 | Saves +7/+7/+6 (+4 disease, +2 poison) | Init + 2 | Percep +10

Brandon's head snaps up.

"Sandpoint? That's where I was born m'lady. And yes, its a far cry from Westcrown. I'd be happy to answer any questions you had, if I can of course."

Silver Crusade

Male Human Priest Lvl 5; 32 HP; AC:17 [14F/15T]; P+6; [+5F+5R+8W]; [S1:3-S2:4-S3:1-1C-4L]

As a man of Shelyn, I enjoy all beauty and look forward to your inspirations Amaya. Kyle winks at her.

Grand Lodge

Amaya answers Brandon. I am honored by your offer. Perhaps another time in the near future, sir Brandon. She nods her head at Brandon even as she seems to ignore Kyle.

Janiven clear her throat and continues. Next to the Tian you see a much taller woman with blond hair, green eyes, and a wicked grin. Even as she's being introduced, she picks up her fork and studies it for a moment.

Tarvi’s parents own a prosperous jewelry store in Westcrown—
the “Glitter Palace.” She’s worked there for years, but found the work a beneath her. In those years she has engineered the failure of no less than a dozen attempts by her parents to get her married into nobility.
You see the grin widen across the young lady's face as she's uses some sort of magic to hover her fork in the air.

"I told them the way to make good profits is to sell magical jewelry. But, they're stuck in their way. So, I still work there during the day. Gotta make a living. But at night, I help out Janiven and the gang. They let me practice my talents, and occasionally give me live targets to play with.

To her right, you see the green hair maned from earlier. Janiven continues, Vitti refuses to eat any food he doesn’t grow or catch himself. He is, however, a talented woodcarver whose works earn him his own income. He prides himself on the fact that he only carves wood that’s been harvested from deadfalls and other trees that died of natural causes. He's hoping that our efforts here will change the people's attitudes towards nature and the forests.

The very tanned, brown hair man looks at the group, as he eats a piece of jerky. Caught this critter myself, I did. With me bare hands. Hope ya like it. Used to be a time when people enjoyed nature. Appreciated her simplicity and beauty. Now their passions have been turned towards power and devils. It's not right. There's no regard nature anymore. We have to change that, I say!

Silver Crusade

Male Human Priest Lvl 5; 32 HP; AC:17 [14F/15T]; P+6; [+5F+5R+8W]; [S1:3-S2:4-S3:1-1C-4L]

Nature is a true gift of beauty. I look forward to seeing some of your work Vitti. Kyle nods at him.


Tiefling M Monk 3(Sohei/MoMS) Magus 1 (Spire Defender) AC 19 Tch 15 FF 14 HP 32 F/R/W:6/7/6 Darkvision +8 Init +5

"Well Janiven, you already had a wide palate. Greens, and golds, faint blues, scarlet pinks." Devil gives a glance at Vitti, and Tarvi, and Amaya and finally Yukopulio. "Celestial lights, working browns...", he adds, glancing at others. "And you've just added some more and darker reds. And from the testing of the sewers, I would say they're bold enough. What sort of brush do you intend to use? What kind of image, what kind of future, are you trying to paint?"

"And one more thing. While we debate it, you have a man captured. Are we going to help him, or mourn him?"


Male Human Fighter 5 HP 45/49 | AC 22 (t13 f20) | F+6 R+5 W+5(+6vs Fear) | Perc +10 | Longsword +11, 1d8+6; Greatsword +12, 2d6+8

Beppo eyes each person as they are introduced, but his gaze strays longer on Amaya (She can blow my glass any time--sorry, couldn't help that one) and on Tarvi (I like the spirit of that one. I wonder what talents she has besides levitating silverware.).


Female Female demon-spawn tiefling oracle 1/paladin (oath against fiends, oath of vengeance) 4/Guardian 1 || AC 20, touch 15, flat-footed 16 (+5 armor, +4 Dex, +1 deflection) Init +1; Senses darkvision 60 ft.; Perception +1; HP: 48/72 || Fort +11, Ref +11, Will +13; +1 vs. evil outsider's spells and effects, +2 vs. death

So many skills and abilities gathered - artisans, manufacturers, diplomats... This may actually have a bigger potential than I had initially expected - maybe even of managing supplies, hideouts, covers... I like what I am hearing.

Tessai wears a private grin in her face...

Grand Lodge

Well, Black Devil, Janiven responds, I'm waiting to hear back from my informants. Its night, so information moves slowly, if at all. I have no doubt that we will hear something by the morning. We cannot act too hastily or boldly. I want to save Arael if at all possible, but we must be careful and deliberate.

Yukopolio speaks up, Don't forget the bowsman.. She points to a corner of the room. You see a young man, about 5'10, average looking face and scruffy, black hair.

Ah, yes. Janiven replies. That's Aemon. He's a quiet one. However, what he lacks in words, he makes up for with his skill in archery. His skills nearly match my own.


Male Chelaxian-Human Ranger 4 | HP 44 | AC 18 FF 15 T13 | Saves +6/+8/+3 | Init + 4 | Percep +10

Hearing his name, Aemon looks around the room as people start looking at him. He puts his bow down and says.

This is the group you've put together to right the wrongs of Westcrown? They made their way thought the sewers and faced off against two hellknighs... There's hope for us all yet.

Standing up and stepping forward, giving a nod to those around him.

I'm Aemon Brooks, As Janiven said I'm a man of few words and she likes to think i nearly match her skill, but I see it as the student as surpassed the master Aemon giving Janvien a wink.

She taught me everything I know, she's a hard teacher with a head full of big idea's but what she's been speaking of has sunk in and I feel with the right group of people, change could happen.


Tiefling M Monk 3(Sohei/MoMS) Magus 1 (Spire Defender) AC 19 Tch 15 FF 14 HP 32 F/R/W:6/7/6 Darkvision +8 Init +5

"We fought two, we ran from five. So, hope, yes.", Devil answers Aemon. "Did you also speak of a plan against the Shadows?", Devil asks Janiven. "What do you know about them? Any of you?"

Later, to Yukopulio:
"The Cor Aurum. The lantern's unlit, and I've buried each girl's personals with her. The rest is... useless while it sits there. If it might serve you, or another... There is only the dog to worry about. He'll let no one up or down the stairs without a girl. Well, or me. He's in the yard now, though. I've no station, no authority to give my blessing that you use any of it. But I would not see it... looted, by anyone who didn't know the story, who didn't care."

Grand Lodge

What? Ermolos exclaims. You took out two of them? Please! You have to tell us the details!. Fiosa states in a matter-of-factly voice, It was clearly the help of Iomedae that saw them through!. Travi's fork falls onto the plate and bowl in front of her. Seriously? Yes, please, by all means...tell us what happened! Amaya runs to her personal belongings, and comes back with a scroll and ink pen. It would gladden my heart if you would share your story.

Silver Crusade

Male Human Priest Lvl 5; 32 HP; AC:17 [14F/15T]; P+6; [+5F+5R+8W]; [S1:3-S2:4-S3:1-1C-4L]

It is a great story. I think Devil can start off with it the best. He was the one that ran into them first. Kyle looks at Devil to pick up from there.


Tiefling M Monk 3(Sohei/MoMS) Magus 1 (Spire Defender) AC 19 Tch 15 FF 14 HP 32 F/R/W:6/7/6 Darkvision +8 Init +5

"Alright. I was scouting. My eyes don't need the light a human does, or even what an elf does. So I could go ahead of the light the rest were using. I saw their lamp, around the corner, white light, constant, no flicker. So, magic. I heard their breathing. So, waiting. But how many? How ready? Hellknights, or, what? I had to know, the rest were coming behind me; was it a trap?" Devil nodded. "Yes. Yes, it was. Two, with a squad nearby. One of them, no weapons ready, his arms free to grab whoever came through the door. A specialist at it, you can take my word for that, or try me sometime. I'm a specialist, too. But they apparently had planned for that, or maybe it was just luck, they had the right weapons at the right time. I had almost no time, to shout I'd surrender, more to warn the party than to spare myself, and to pretend a fear of what was behind me, and heave my kukri down the hall. I figured it's clatter would carry farther than my call. Thank you, by the way, to whoever picked it up." Devil gives a short of dismissive snap of his tail, and shrug. "After that, I don't remember much. I was beaten quickly, and half to death. The next part is someone else's to tell."

601 to 650 of 6,676 << first < prev | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / JCServant's Council of Thieves All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.