Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

PaizoCon 2014!

JCServant's Council of Thieves (Inactive)

Game Master JCServant


501 to 550 of 6,676 << first < prev | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | next > last >>

Tiefling M Monk 3(Sohei/MoMS) Magus 1 (Spire Defender) AC 19 Tch 15 FF 14 HP 32 F/R/W:6/7/6 Darkvision +8 Init +5
Kyle Gray wrote:
Lets whistle at the goblins and run back to the intersection and head north. Hopefully the goblins will chase after us, we'll get to the intersection before the knights and goblins do, and the goblins attack the knights. If that works we'll attack the survivors. Kyle says softly.

That's brilliant (in the 'fun!' sense, not the 'sure to work' sense). And I'm kinda glad I'm working the caboose of this train, so it's somebody else's decision. :)


Male Human Alchemist 6 | HP 57 | AC 18 FF 16 T13 | Saves +7/+7/+6 (+4 disease, +2 poison) | Init + 2 | Percep +10

"Are we going through these goblins? Looks like our ruse didn't work."

Grand Lodge

Let me know what you guys want to do as a group.

Silver Crusade

Male Human Priest Lvl 5; 32 HP; AC:17 [14F/15T]; P+6; [+5F+5R+8W]; [S1:3-S2:4-S3:1-1C-4L]

Lets run by them and hopefully they will reach their inner beauty and leave us alone. Kyle says as he touches his holy symbol. Shelyn, I need your guidance and I know this is how you would want it.


Female Female Demon-Spawn Tiefling Oracle 1/Paladin (Oath of Vengeance) 2 || Init +1; Senses darkvision 60 ft.; Perception +1; HP: 30/30 || Fort +9, Ref +8, Will +11; +1 vs. evil outsider's spells and effects, +2 vs. death

How many goblins Corellon? Did you count them?


Male Human Fighter 5 HP 45/49 | AC 22 (t13 f20) | F+6 R+5 W+5(+6vs Fear) | Perc +10 | Longsword +11, 1d8+6; Greatsword +12, 2d6+8

I don't know, I kinda like that idea of getting the goblins and the hellknights to take each other out. Only problem is if they BOTH start coming after us.

...come to think of it, why would those goblins give a crap about us?


Half-Elven Rogue Lvl 2 HP 15/15 INIT+6 AC 16 CMB+3 CMD+17 Rapier/S. Sword (+6/+3 Dual +5,+1) 1d6+2/18-20x2, 1d6+2/19-20x2 Short Bow (+5) 1d6+2/x3 (F:0 R:6 W:0)

"I think we have to, I could maybe try to sneak up on one and to get the drop on 'em but I fear that when we engage them it will create all sorts of noise. Ultimatley we want the goblins between us and the Hellknights."


Half-Elven Rogue Lvl 2 HP 15/15 INIT+6 AC 16 CMB+3 CMD+17 Rapier/S. Sword (+6/+3 Dual +5,+1) 1d6+2/18-20x2, 1d6+2/19-20x2 Short Bow (+5) 1d6+2/x3 (F:0 R:6 W:0)

Took too long to finish my post, took a call, and I get quintiple ninjad. Ignore what I said. DMJC - any count on the goblins?

Corellon looks to size up the group of goblins. Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (15) + 8 = 23

"Maybe while we have surprise we can just charge through them, push them out of the way, when they recover they will be HK fodder?"

Silver Crusade

Male Human Priest Lvl 5; 32 HP; AC:17 [14F/15T]; P+6; [+5F+5R+8W]; [S1:3-S2:4-S3:1-1C-4L]

What does Kyle know about what goblins like? Maybe he can give them a peace offering (toll) to pass.

Knowledge Dungeoneering/Nature: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3


Tiefling M Monk 3(Sohei/MoMS) Magus 1 (Spire Defender) AC 19 Tch 15 FF 14 HP 32 F/R/W:6/7/6 Darkvision +8 Init +5

It is an unintended but sometimes useful truism: Sometimes, the only plan there is time to make is no plan at all. :) It's also universally recognised that doing something, now, is better than doing nothing, forever.

By which I mean, (but OOC, because I'm not even sure I know about the Gobs or the HKs)... CHARGE!

:)


Tiefling M Monk 3(Sohei/MoMS) Magus 1 (Spire Defender) AC 19 Tch 15 FF 14 HP 32 F/R/W:6/7/6 Darkvision +8 Init +5

bleh, triple-ninja'd! Adn I have to drive. Well, you have my vote. :)

Silver Crusade

Male Human Priest Lvl 5; 32 HP; AC:17 [14F/15T]; P+6; [+5F+5R+8W]; [S1:3-S2:4-S3:1-1C-4L]

Lets catch one and light him up (rat rouse attempt II), jk

Grand Lodge

Corellon Aelasar wrote:
DMJC - any count on the goblins?

You can't see the whole room/junction they are in...it's like they are coming and going out of some side passage...but at the moment, you see four.


Half-Elven Rogue Lvl 2 HP 15/15 INIT+6 AC 16 CMB+3 CMD+17 Rapier/S. Sword (+6/+3 Dual +5,+1) 1d6+2/18-20x2, 1d6+2/19-20x2 Short Bow (+5) 1d6+2/x3 (F:0 R:6 W:0)

"Looks like at least four, coming out of some side passage or other room. Let's charge through them and leave them between us an the HKs, Kyle light one up if you like."


Male Human Fighter 5 HP 45/49 | AC 22 (t13 f20) | F+6 R+5 W+5(+6vs Fear) | Perc +10 | Longsword +11, 1d8+6; Greatsword +12, 2d6+8
Corellon Aelasar wrote:

"Looks like at least four, coming out of some side passage or other room. Let's charge through them and leave them between us an the HKs, Kyle light one up if you like."

A simple enough plan.

Beppo slowly draws his curved blade. stealth: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15


Male Human Alchemist 6 | HP 57 | AC 18 FF 16 T13 | Saves +7/+7/+6 (+4 disease, +2 poison) | Init + 2 | Percep +10

"Come on then, if we're going to do this, lets do it. Im going to have to take my light out."

Brandon illuminates the immediate area with his wayfinder and readies his Morningstar, just in case.

Stealth: 1d20 + 2 - 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 - 2 = 3

oh dear.... CLANG, CLANG, CLANG


Female Female Demon-Spawn Tiefling Oracle 1/Paladin (Oath of Vengeance) 2 || Init +1; Senses darkvision 60 ft.; Perception +1; HP: 30/30 || Fort +9, Ref +8, Will +11; +1 vs. evil outsider's spells and effects, +2 vs. death

I am no good at skulking around... Tessai mumbles half to herself,and half to the others as she tries to approach the goblin's location silently.

1d20 - 3 ⇒ (12) - 3 = 9

Grand Lodge

So, to insure I understand this right...the party move forward, at max speed, ignoring the Goblins?


Tiefling M Monk 3(Sohei/MoMS) Magus 1 (Spire Defender) AC 19 Tch 15 FF 14 HP 32 F/R/W:6/7/6 Darkvision +8 Init +5

As far as I see, yes. Devil will be turning on Crane Style and Total Defense, since he's probably the last through, when the Gobs will be more reacting.


Male Human Alchemist 6 | HP 57 | AC 18 FF 16 T13 | Saves +7/+7/+6 (+4 disease, +2 poison) | Init + 2 | Percep +10

We're definitely going to need to punch a hole here.


Tiefling M Monk 3(Sohei/MoMS) Magus 1 (Spire Defender) AC 19 Tch 15 FF 14 HP 32 F/R/W:6/7/6 Darkvision +8 Init +5

Yeah, AoOs might hit, but only one AoO per Gob. If you find a thin line, and a Gob doesn't hit like a hellknight, ought to be OK. I think we're set up with Tess, Beppo, and Brandon in the vanguard?

TES.BEP
BRN.HAL
MAR.KYL
COR.DEV

Is that correct?


Male Human Alchemist 6 | HP 57 | AC 18 FF 16 T13 | Saves +7/+7/+6 (+4 disease, +2 poison) | Init + 2 | Percep +10

Kinda wish my guy was called Leeroy Jenkins now lol

Devil, are you sure there's no value in scouting ahead and seeing how many goblins there are? I know it didn't go so well last time but we'll all be ready to charge in at the first hint of trouble. Or, what if Corellon, Hal and I attack with ranged weapons from a distance and the rest charge in immediately after? We could perhaps take out three goblins before they know what's happened."Bran whispers to his compatriots.

JC, are the goblins in complete darkness? If so sneak attack sniping wont work as only the tieflings have darkvision.

Grand Lodge

Nope. They have a couple of candles going. In fact, two are just starting at one.


Male Human Alchemist 6 | HP 57 | AC 18 FF 16 T13 | Saves +7/+7/+6 (+4 disease, +2 poison) | Init + 2 | Percep +10

That being the case, ny suggestion is as above. Ranged sneaks followed by a charge. That's if we dont try to talk to them of course.


Tiefling M Monk 3(Sohei/MoMS) Magus 1 (Spire Defender) AC 19 Tch 15 FF 14 HP 32 F/R/W:6/7/6 Darkvision +8 Init +5

Of course we aren't _sure_ how far back the HKs are, or if they're headed toward or away from us, and the "Get back to Coney" vibe is _supposed_ to be strong, here. But I think these gobs are the Orphans, not the Baseball Furies. And Devil is LG...

Catching up as the party observed the goblins and debated in whispers, Devil listened to Brandon's suggestion of scouting or an opening barrage. He glanced at Kyle; it seemed he'd heard thoughts of parlay, as well. "I don't feel any need to hurt them.", Devil said. "But stand ready with your missiles. Give me 30 feet. Keep this as a goal: We All Move Past." He sighed, but not in a communicative way, more a sort of centering*, and tapped Tessai. "Care to dance with the Devil?", he joked, as she turned. "Please come with, and do the growling."

Advancing as far as he might before being observed, Devil says, "Goblins, beware, knights are coming."

*Entering Crane Style, and Total Defense, if that can be done before actual combat.

Stealth and Perc, because... always Stealth and Perc. :)
Stealth (Unless that drops Crane/TD?) +7 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (16) + 7 = 23
Perc +5 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6 6? I'm blaming Tess' decolletage.


Female Female Demon-Spawn Tiefling Oracle 1/Paladin (Oath of Vengeance) 2 || Init +1; Senses darkvision 60 ft.; Perception +1; HP: 30/30 || Fort +9, Ref +8, Will +11; +1 vs. evil outsider's spells and effects, +2 vs. death

Still confused about the plan, Tessai addresses Devil - You want me to try and scare these scrubs away?


Tiefling M Monk 3(Sohei/MoMS) Magus 1 (Spire Defender) AC 19 Tch 15 FF 14 HP 32 F/R/W:6/7/6 Darkvision +8 Init +5
Tessai wrote:

Still confused about the plan, Tessai addresses Devil - You want me to try and scare these scrubs away?

"Not scare. Impress.", Devil smiles. "And if they indulge their fire-lust, you and I are not at risk. So we are anvil, and they-", he nods to the humans, "Are hammer. This time."

"Now, quickly, before the knights become the hammer."


Half-Elven Rogue Lvl 2 HP 15/15 INIT+6 AC 16 CMB+3 CMD+17 Rapier/S. Sword (+6/+3 Dual +5,+1) 1d6+2/18-20x2, 1d6+2/19-20x2 Short Bow (+5) 1d6+2/x3 (F:0 R:6 W:0)

"So you want me to shoot them or not, I though we'd just run straight through them, push them aside and kep running. Just tell me what you want to do."


Female Female Demon-Spawn Tiefling Oracle 1/Paladin (Oath of Vengeance) 2 || Init +1; Senses darkvision 60 ft.; Perception +1; HP: 30/30 || Fort +9, Ref +8, Will +11; +1 vs. evil outsider's spells and effects, +2 vs. death

Tessai puts on her most menacing look as she strides forward towards the goblin group - while they approach them, she whispers smiling to Devil:

To Devil:
You know Devil, I am honestly getting tired of being pushed around, if these goblins do not flee we will have another fight ahead of us... I will not run again, and I am counting on you to stick with me. I believe the others will be bolstered by us if we stay put - they are MUCH more capable than they give themselves credit for. We manage the field correctly and the day is ours, Hellknights or not.

As soon as any goblin acknowledges her presence, she will let her "dark" side show through as best as she can, black eyes open wide, teeth bared, and a guttural, raspy voice:

Out of the way wretches... Hellknights approach. Begone!

Intimidate: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20


Male Human Alchemist 6 | HP 57 | AC 18 FF 16 T13 | Saves +7/+7/+6 (+4 disease, +2 poison) | Init + 2 | Percep +10

Brandon unloops his sling and loads a heavy lead bullet in the pouch. He starts to swing it in a slow circle, just enough so that the centrifugal force keeps the lump of lead in place.

"Everyone, be ready." he whispers.


Tiefling M Monk 3(Sohei/MoMS) Magus 1 (Spire Defender) AC 19 Tch 15 FF 14 HP 32 F/R/W:6/7/6 Darkvision +8 Init +5
Corellon Aelasar wrote:
"So you want me to shoot them or not, I though we'd just run straight through them, push them aside and kep running. Just tell me what you want to do."

"Keep a station near us, and kill anything hostile. We're giving them a chance, not a license."

Grand Lodge

As Tessai jumps out of the shadows into the Goblin's line of sight, acting somewhat scary, the Goblins look a mixture of confused and a bit worried.

Sense Motive DC 15:
You get the impression they don't understand her.

As the goblins stare at each other, and Tessai for a brief second, one of the five startled goblins waves his hands around and excitedly says,

Goblin language=Meka lemta olta lakos dethonos!:
The female says that there are Hell Knights coming!

The others look at him in wonder and say,

Goblin language ... OOoooo. (Their demeanor changes) Dethonos!!! Ungala!!:
Oooo! {Their demeanor changes} Hell Knights? RUN!

They scurry into a small, 2' hole in the side of the wall. The path is clear. This sewer line continues to the east, but also has a north/south hallway intersecting it. The intersecting hallway is lower, and only 5' wide. The sewage goes up to most character thighs in that pipe.

top secret dice rolls:
1d20 ⇒ 131d20 ⇒ 151d20 ⇒ 31d20 ⇒ 81d20 ⇒ 1

DC 17 Perception check:
You hear clanging noise behind you about 170 feet


Tiefling M Monk 3(Sohei/MoMS) Magus 1 (Spire Defender) AC 19 Tch 15 FF 14 HP 32 F/R/W:6/7/6 Darkvision +8 Init +5

Please advise if it's cheese to take 10 when you know you'll pass. Because Devil's Sense Motive is +5, so he'll take 10 if he can. This next roll is if he cannot take 10. SM+5:1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13 And this is the DC17 Perc+5: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24

Devil says to Tessai, "Okay, you do all the talking from now on." She's close enough to see his smile. Seeming to hear something, he turns toward the rest of the party, and waves them onward. He waits for Kyle at the intersection, and offers his emptied, re-corked potion bottle. "Your new rat.", he says, passing the bottle. "Let him swim with the current, here, or the next time it's... beautiful."

Grand Lodge

It's not cheese, however, you normally can only take 10 in non-pressure type of situations, and right now, y'all are rushing from what I understand.


Female Female Demon-Spawn Tiefling Oracle 1/Paladin (Oath of Vengeance) 2 || Init +1; Senses darkvision 60 ft.; Perception +1; HP: 30/30 || Fort +9, Ref +8, Will +11; +1 vs. evil outsider's spells and effects, +2 vs. death

Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24

Ok people, they ran off. Let's take this ooportunity and pass by safely - the Hellknights are still on our tail. Go.


Male Human Alchemist 6 | HP 57 | AC 18 FF 16 T13 | Saves +7/+7/+6 (+4 disease, +2 poison) | Init + 2 | Percep +10

"Which way Tessai?I for one dont want to crawl around down there." Brandon points to the intersecting hallway with the thigh-high sewage. "The risk of infection alone..."

Silver Crusade

Male Human Priest Lvl 5; 32 HP; AC:17 [14F/15T]; P+6; [+5F+5R+8W]; [S1:3-S2:4-S3:1-1C-4L]

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18
Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 22

Kyle tries to figure out what the different sewage line is used for and where it may lead.

Engineering: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 13

"Sorry to say this, but we need to head south to get back to where we last saw the markers. We could keep heading east and hope there is a better passageway to the south."


Tiefling M Monk 3(Sohei/MoMS) Magus 1 (Spire Defender) AC 19 Tch 15 FF 14 HP 32 F/R/W:6/7/6 Darkvision +8 Init +5

"I think we go East. Let them have more unknowns to factor. Leave them a rat, if the flow is good. And I don't doubt we'll have more empties before we're safe. Safe is first. It does no good to find the path, and find it loops back through their searchers. So we keep going. And you are designated Rat Master." Devil grinned in what he thought was a friendly way, but his vampiric dentition and orblike eyes might have hidden that intent from the unfamiliar human.

"Let us go."

Silver Crusade

Male Human Priest Lvl 5; 32 HP; AC:17 [14F/15T]; P+6; [+5F+5R+8W]; [S1:3-S2:4-S3:1-1C-4L]

Sense motive: 1d20 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 4 + 1 = 8

Kyle took Black Devils smile as sarcasm. "Hmphh! I've been called worse." He says as he turns away with a smug look. "I'm glad to know I'm not the only one that would rather try to go around. But no more wasting time on rats."

Grand Lodge

ok....now I'm really confused. What way are y'all going?

Silver Crusade

Male Human Priest Lvl 5; 32 HP; AC:17 [14F/15T]; P+6; [+5F+5R+8W]; [S1:3-S2:4-S3:1-1C-4L]

East

Grand Lodge

The party moves east through the dark sewers. You travel for some distance...around 400', before you find a new 4 way intersection.

1d100 ⇒ 86

DC 15 perception:
You find a small sword marker pointing north.

DC 24 perception:
The noises from your pursuers seem to have fallen further behind. You've gained some distance on them.

DC 27 perception:
You spot a dagger in the refuse. It looks rather nice quality if not dirty.


Tiefling M Monk 3(Sohei/MoMS) Magus 1 (Spire Defender) AC 19 Tch 15 FF 14 HP 32 F/R/W:6/7/6 Darkvision +8 Init +5

perc+5 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21

Pointing out the sword, Devil asks,"North, or dare werest here a bit?"

Silver Crusade

Male Human Priest Lvl 5; 32 HP; AC:17 [14F/15T]; P+6; [+5F+5R+8W]; [S1:3-S2:4-S3:1-1C-4L]

Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 22

"I don't care to stay in these sewers any longer than necessary. Plus, I'd like to be home before dusk. Let's keep going." Kyle lights his holy symbol up, casts detect magic, and hands out guidance to the others.


Male Human Alchemist 6 | HP 57 | AC 18 FF 16 T13 | Saves +7/+7/+6 (+4 disease, +2 poison) | Init + 2 | Percep +10

"A sign at last! Morosino, surely this looks familiar?"

Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23

"Kyle, do you think its safe to return to our lidgings immediately? I'm just saying we're not the most inconspicuous group, maybe they've asked around about us?"


Female Female Demon-Spawn Tiefling Oracle 1/Paladin (Oath of Vengeance) 2 || Init +1; Senses darkvision 60 ft.; Perception +1; HP: 30/30 || Fort +9, Ref +8, Will +11; +1 vs. evil outsider's spells and effects, +2 vs. death

I'd say we continue for the time being - we are fit to go on travelling, are we not? Tessai adds to the conversation.

@Kyle:

Kyle, I was under the impression we were supposed to meet up with Janivan at an hideout? I do not intend to go back home, not just yet...


Tiefling M Monk 3(Sohei/MoMS) Magus 1 (Spire Defender) AC 19 Tch 15 FF 14 HP 32 F/R/W:6/7/6 Darkvision +8 Init +5

"When I encountered the first two Hellknights, they recognized me, fit me to a description. Or perhaps, they lept to that conclusion. But if they were identifying from a description, then they had the meeting place under surveillance from before I arrived, to obtain my description. That would suggest, they can identify all of you, in the same way. Allowing, of course, for the fact all you humans look alike." Devil grins slowly. "No. I don't believe that.", he says, adding a moment later, "Your coloration varies." He tries not to grin again, but fails.

Grand Lodge

Morosino ponders Brandon's question for just a moment before his eyes light up. Ah, yes! It's just a bit more! That way! There's a false wall on the right! That leads the hideaway. Look for the symbol against the flat wall!


Female Female Demon-Spawn Tiefling Oracle 1/Paladin (Oath of Vengeance) 2 || Init +1; Senses darkvision 60 ft.; Perception +1; HP: 30/30 || Fort +9, Ref +8, Will +11; +1 vs. evil outsider's spells and effects, +2 vs. death

The possibility of leaving this place lends renewed motivation to Tessai as she ushers the others along.

We may be closer to our objective than we thought, let's find out if the boy recollects this place correctly. Go!

And to Morosino:

Child, if get us to the exit of this place, you may just earn yourself a second chance of me giving you the benefit of the doubt, regarding those chasing Hellknights.

With that she turns and heads down the direction pointed.


Half-Elven Rogue Lvl 2 HP 15/15 INIT+6 AC 16 CMB+3 CMD+17 Rapier/S. Sword (+6/+3 Dual +5,+1) 1d6+2/18-20x2, 1d6+2/19-20x2 Short Bow (+5) 1d6+2/x3 (F:0 R:6 W:0)

Sorry, a bit MIA this weekend. Back and catching up.

On the first set of checks:

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 1 = 13
Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (16) + 8 = 24

and the second set, as Corellon follows along.

Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (17) + 8 = 25

"It sounds like the Hellknights are falling farther behind, we may have made up some distance on them. If the pressure's off I'm not sure whether we are better of in search of our abodes or continuing down here. I know were supposed to head North but this far I've made a point of avoiding the sewage, to tread wasit deep in it is not enticing ... but if we have to ...

501 to 550 of 6,676 << first < prev | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / JCServant's Council of Thieves All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.