Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

JCServant's Council of Thieves (Inactive)

Game Master JCServant


451 to 500 of 6,676 << first < prev | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | next > last >>

Male Human Alchemist 6 | HP 57 | AC 18 FF 16 T13 | Saves +7/+7/+6 (+4 disease, +2 poison) | Init + 2 | Percep +10

Out of interest, JC, are there rats running around down here?

"That's a good idea Kyle but what if we somehow attach a lit object to a rat? Assuming the knights can't see down here any better than we can they'll just follow the light and it'll have the added benefit of running away from them as they approach. With any luck we'll be long gone by the time they realise they've been chasing a rodent!" he suddenly looks a bit embaressed and shifts nervously on his feet.

"I know it's a bit of a desperate idea but desperate times and all that... I.. ummm.. think I've got some twine here somewhere if you think it'll work..."

Silver Crusade

Male Human Priest Lvl 5; 32 HP; AC:17 [14F/15T]; P+6; [+5F+5R+8W]; [S1:3-S2:4-S3:1-1C-4L]

"No string necessary, if you catch one I'll light him up."


Male Human Alchemist 6 | HP 57 | AC 18 FF 16 T13 | Saves +7/+7/+6 (+4 disease, +2 poison) | Init + 2 | Percep +10

"I think it'll work, only question is do we have time to catch one?"

JC, what do I have to do to catch a rat?


Male Human Fighter 5 HP 45/49 | AC 22 (t13 f20) | F+6 R+5 W+5(+6vs Fear) | Perc +10 | Longsword +11, 1d8+6; Greatsword +12, 2d6+8

Sounds like a good idea to me.

I can help catch a rat. OR: is there a stream of water down here? If we can attach the light to something that floats, we can just sail it down the sewer line like we used to do in the storm drains.


Half-Elven Rogue Lvl 2 HP 15/15 INIT+6 AC 16 CMB+3 CMD+17 Rapier/S. Sword (+6/+3 Dual +5,+1) 1d6+2/18-20x2, 1d6+2/19-20x2 Short Bow (+5) 1d6+2/x3 (F:0 R:6 W:0)

"I'm ok with the ruse and think we might have a chance in a more protracted battle in tight quarters where we can keep them at two abreast and while we have 4 or more attack ways at them, all with healers and others backing up. The problem is how many more of them are behind these few, a getaway may ultimately be our best option."


Tiefling M Monk 3(Sohei/MoMS) Magus 1 (Spire Defender) AC 19 Tch 15 FF 14 HP 32 F/R/W:6/7/6 Darkvision +8 Init +5

"It's good we have ideas. It means we have hope. But we need to keep moving. We need to increase the size of the circle we make them look in. As for the rat, while you hunt the rat, they hunt us. Janiven tried to play rat for us, and they still got ahead of us, in time to lay an ambush. So, more speed. And we need to stay together. So if you can catch a rat without slowing down, and while we move at our best pace...", Devil shrugs, and keeps moving.

That floating idea is the best, but it hasn't been suggested in character, yet. It would mean we go against the flow at our next choice, and float the decoy with the flow.


Male Human Fighter 5 HP 45/49 | AC 22 (t13 f20) | F+6 R+5 W+5(+6vs Fear) | Perc +10 | Longsword +11, 1d8+6; Greatsword +12, 2d6+8

Wait, if we can't get a rat, maybe we can use something else that moves on its own - like maybe something that will float down the sewer stream.


Tiefling M Monk 3(Sohei/MoMS) Magus 1 (Spire Defender) AC 19 Tch 15 FF 14 HP 32 F/R/W:6/7/6 Darkvision +8 Init +5

"Find some paper, and fold a boat. There is an intersection ahead..."

:)

Silver Crusade

Male Human Priest Lvl 5; 32 HP; AC:17 [14F/15T]; P+6; [+5F+5R+8W]; [S1:3-S2:4-S3:1-1C-4L]

Let me do a wisdom check to determine the best plan out of:
(Bolt, Rat, or Ship) and (Run east or hide and go back south)

Wisdom: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 19

Grand Lodge

DC 22 perception check:
You believe you hear the clanking of armor from a couple of hundred feet behind you, to the south. The Hellknights must be on the move again.

Your party came from the south. You can go S, N, W, E It's a text adventure from the 80's! WOOT

1d100 ⇒ 59
You spot two small rats about 20' from you, scurrying in and out of holes. They are small and quick. Catching them by hand would require a decent dexterity roll, and takes a full round.

A wisdom roll? That's new. To gain divine guidance on complex conundrums, you need to spend a hero point -- See those rules in the APG for more details.

Silver Crusade

Male Human Priest Lvl 5; 32 HP; AC:17 [14F/15T]; P+6; [+5F+5R+8W]; [S1:3-S2:4-S3:1-1C-4L]

I have an exam and won't be available until much later. You guys decide. If you want to catch the rat use my post below. If not we just run east with my lit bolt staying off to the distance to the western passage.

"Help scoot that rat to me so I can light him up." He waits for the others to scoot the rat towards him and he jumps to catch the rat.

Catch rat: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18

He lights the rat and throws him to the western passage way.

If you need someone to roll a distance throw, he gives it to the person who wants to make the roll.


Half-Elven Rogue Lvl 2 HP 15/15 INIT+6 AC 16 CMB+3 CMD+17 Rapier/S. Sword (+6/+3 Dual +5,+1) 1d6+2/18-20x2, 1d6+2/19-20x2 Short Bow (+5) 1d6+2/x3 (F:0 R:6 W:0)

Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (3) + 8 = 11

The fumes in the sewer and the frenzy of it all continues to confound Corellon's normally sharp senses.


Male Human Alchemist 6 | HP 57 | AC 18 FF 16 T13 | Saves +7/+7/+6 (+4 disease, +2 poison) | Init + 2 | Percep +10

Aid another on rat catching: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 = 21

I still think the unpredictable nature of the rat's movement would be the most convincing and like humans searching for an exit.

"Light him up, Kyle."

Brandon will release the rat to the west after it or an item tied to it is lit.

Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 14


Tiefling M Monk 3(Sohei/MoMS) Magus 1 (Spire Defender) AC 19 Tch 15 FF 14 HP 32 F/R/W:6/7/6 Darkvision +8 Init +5

perc +5 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23

"They are coming from the South, I just heard the armor. And if you need a glowing target, I have the flask of the potion I drank. I even saved the stopper."


Female Female Demon-Spawn Tiefling Oracle 1/Paladin (Oath of Vengeance) 3 || AC 20, touch 15, flat-footed 16 (+5 armor, +4 Dex, +1 deflection) Init +1; Senses darkvision 60 ft.; Perception +1; HP: 39/39 || Fort +10, Ref +11, Will +12; +1 vs. evil outsider's spells and effects, +2 vs. death

Boys, let's not waste any more time - until our ears don't pick up any more pursuing sounds we keep moving. The "enlightened rat" ruse may have bought us some time, or at least it may split their group - and as Corellon said, if they are split, we can definitely take them - Tessai's voice then drifts off to almost a murmur - and litter the sewers with them if need be...

No more schemes for now - let's just RUN!

Grand Lodge

DC18 Perception Check. Those who made the check earlier automatically succeed this one.:
The clanging sounds you hear appraoching behind you is definately from the Knights. Through the haze you can make out magical light soures as they close to about 150'

Kyle jumps and catches a rat with help from Brandon. The rat bites him right before he casts the spell, but its only a minor cut... you think!

DC 12 Fort Save (Click on if you fail):
You should have someone look at that wound!

Kyle tosses the rat.

What direction does the party go? (Or maybe they want to stay?)


Half-Elven Rogue Lvl 2 HP 15/15 INIT+6 AC 16 CMB+3 CMD+17 Rapier/S. Sword (+6/+3 Dual +5,+1) 1d6+2/18-20x2, 1d6+2/19-20x2 Short Bow (+5) 1d6+2/x3 (F:0 R:6 W:0)

Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (9) + 8 = 17

uuugh


Female Female Demon-Spawn Tiefling Oracle 1/Paladin (Oath of Vengeance) 3 || AC 20, touch 15, flat-footed 16 (+5 armor, +4 Dex, +1 deflection) Init +1; Senses darkvision 60 ft.; Perception +1; HP: 39/39 || Fort +10, Ref +11, Will +12; +1 vs. evil outsider's spells and effects, +2 vs. death

Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16

meh, hears nothing so reacts no further than just had before.


Tiefling M Monk 3(Sohei/MoMS) Magus 1 (Spire Defender) AC 19 Tch 15 FF 14 HP 32 F/R/W:6/7/6 Darkvision +8 Init +5

Seeing the lights through the moist air of the sewers, And seeing Kyle release his rat to the west, Devil makes effusive silent shooing gestures, to the east. Knowing his talent for bluffing, he relies on the clanking of Tessai's armor to bait the trap. "You're last", he says quietly to her, "I'll join Corellon in the vanguard."

Silver Crusade

Male Human Priest Lvl 5; 32 HP; AC:17 [14F/15T]; P+6; [+5F+5R+8W]; [S1:3-S2:4-S3:1-1C-4L]

Fort save: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 12

Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9

I'm still peaking even though I passed


Female Female Demon-Spawn Tiefling Oracle 1/Paladin (Oath of Vengeance) 3 || AC 20, touch 15, flat-footed 16 (+5 armor, +4 Dex, +1 deflection) Init +1; Senses darkvision 60 ft.; Perception +1; HP: 39/39 || Fort +10, Ref +11, Will +12; +1 vs. evil outsider's spells and effects, +2 vs. death

With a nod to Devil, Tessai falls to the rear of the group, glancing back down the tunnel.


Male Human Fighter 5 HP 45/49 | AC 22 (t13 f20) | F+6 R+5 W+5(+6vs Fear) | Perc +10 | Longsword +11, 1d8+6; Greatsword +12, 2d6+8

DC 22 perc check: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11

DC 18 perc check: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7

Huh? I don't hear anything. If they are coming from the South, East makes sense to me.

Beppo takes up a position behind Corellon and Devil.

Silver Crusade

Male Human Priest Lvl 5; 32 HP; AC:17 [14F/15T]; P+6; [+5F+5R+8W]; [S1:3-S2:4-S3:1-1C-4L]

Kyle runs east as fast he can while trying to be quiet. He hopes the party gets to a turn somewhere ahead before the knights make the intersection.

"If we don't make a turn somewhere in about 10 seconds, we'll need to turn that light out until the knights pass. Maybe Tess and Devil can guide us forward during that time."

Grand Lodge

The party moves 80' down the tunnel (2 rounds). Ahead another 80' they see a junction continuing east and also splitting to the north.

You do not see the HellKnights at the intersection you were at just yet.


Female Female Demon-Spawn Tiefling Oracle 1/Paladin (Oath of Vengeance) 3 || AC 20, touch 15, flat-footed 16 (+5 armor, +4 Dex, +1 deflection) Init +1; Senses darkvision 60 ft.; Perception +1; HP: 39/39 || Fort +10, Ref +11, Will +12; +1 vs. evil outsider's spells and effects, +2 vs. death

I'll leave the perceptive boys up front to check for symbols to point us in the right direction. *hint, hint*


Tiefling M Monk 3(Sohei/MoMS) Magus 1 (Spire Defender) AC 19 Tch 15 FF 14 HP 32 F/R/W:6/7/6 Darkvision +8 Init +5

Is it correct to say that the noise of the party carries further than its light? The hellknights multiple lights did not carry as far as their multiple armored footsteps, is my thinking.

Signaling to the less-sighted Corellon that there is an upcoming turn, Devil slows to say to Brandon, "Slit your light, shade it with your fingers. There is a turn ahead, take it, and when all are around, hide the light, and wait, silent. When we think they cannot hear us, we will move quickly again." Devil returns to the vanguard, heading for the Northerly passage, ahead. He tries to observe the flow of the waters, as a sort of compass, and possible tool.

perc+5 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24


Female Female Demon-Spawn Tiefling Oracle 1/Paladin (Oath of Vengeance) 3 || AC 20, touch 15, flat-footed 16 (+5 armor, +4 Dex, +1 deflection) Init +1; Senses darkvision 60 ft.; Perception +1; HP: 39/39 || Fort +10, Ref +11, Will +12; +1 vs. evil outsider's spells and effects, +2 vs. death
Kyle Gray wrote:

[Dice=Fort save]1d20+3

[Dice=Perception]1d20+4

I'm still peaking even though I passed

The shame...


Half-Elven Rogue Lvl 2 HP 15/15 INIT+6 AC 16 CMB+3 CMD+17 Rapier/S. Sword (+6/+3 Dual +5,+1) 1d6+2/18-20x2, 1d6+2/19-20x2 Short Bow (+5) 1d6+2/x3 (F:0 R:6 W:0)

Correllon nods to Balck Devil and hugs the left wall as he approached the intersection. His eyes scan for some sign of which way to go.

Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (10) + 8 = 18

Silver Crusade

Male Human Priest Lvl 5; 32 HP; AC:17 [14F/15T]; P+6; [+5F+5R+8W]; [S1:3-S2:4-S3:1-1C-4L]

Kyle holds onto Black Devil for assistance in the dark in traversing the passageway. He tries to stay as quiet as possible and listens for any evidence of sound or light from the knights.

Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9


Male Human Fighter 5 HP 45/49 | AC 22 (t13 f20) | F+6 R+5 W+5(+6vs Fear) | Perc +10 | Longsword +11, 1d8+6; Greatsword +12, 2d6+8

Beppo, too, remains close to the wall and keeps his ears peeled.

perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24
stealth: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8


Male Human Alchemist 6 | HP 57 | AC 18 FF 16 T13 | Saves +7/+7/+6 (+4 disease, +2 poison) | Init + 2 | Percep +10

Brandon follows Devils direction, dimming his light until he is around the corner. Once everyone is a good distance into the tunnel he tucks the wayfinder into his armour so that the group stands in darkness.

Grand Lodge

Quote:
Is it correct to say that the noise of the party carries further than its light?

Indeed. There is a slight fog/haze that makes it nearly impossible to see anything that's too far away. However, while that affects vision the hallways only serve to carry the sound of clanking metal even further than normal.

The party follows those with darkvision by holding hands and the such. They can only move half speed without risking a fall. Everyone who has not rolled stealth check earlier must do so now.

As you come up to the next intersection, those of you with darkvision do not see a sign of where to go next.

Beppo:
You see a spark of light and hear noise from the last intersection you guys were at, now over 150' away. You presume it's from the knights, though you do not know which direction they are heading just yet


Male Human Alchemist 6 | HP 57 | AC 18 FF 16 T13 | Saves +7/+7/+6 (+4 disease, +2 poison) | Init + 2 | Percep +10

Stealth: 1d20 + 2 - 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 - 2 = 11

Silver Crusade

Male Human Priest Lvl 5; 32 HP; AC:17 [14F/15T]; P+6; [+5F+5R+8W]; [S1:3-S2:4-S3:1-1C-4L]

Stealth: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 1 = 18

Kyle waves at the others and signals to follow the wall on the right. We keep making right turns until we get somewhere we recognize.

He tries to listen for anything that might be ahead of them.

Perception Ahead: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 17

And then listens for any signs of pursuit.

Perception Behind: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8

When the light goes back on he starts running with the others, following the wall on the right.


Tiefling M Monk 3(Sohei/MoMS) Magus 1 (Spire Defender) AC 19 Tch 15 FF 14 HP 32 F/R/W:6/7/6 Darkvision +8 Init +5

called-for stealth check 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (16) + 7 = 23
paranoiac perc check 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16

Grand Lodge

Perception ahead AND behind? LOL. Let's just say, for now, that the most perception checks you get is one per major GM posting that moves the party/plot forward. LOL.


Half-Elven Rogue Lvl 2 HP 15/15 INIT+6 AC 16 CMB+3 CMD+17 Rapier/S. Sword (+6/+3 Dual +5,+1) 1d6+2/18-20x2, 1d6+2/19-20x2 Short Bow (+5) 1d6+2/x3 (F:0 R:6 W:0)

Stealth: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (13) + 8 = 21

Corellon racks his brain trying to think of ways out of teh sewer that he might have come across in town, and where possibly they could be in relation to those exits.

Knowledge (local): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 19


Male Human Fighter 5 HP 45/49 | AC 22 (t13 f20) | F+6 R+5 W+5(+6vs Fear) | Perc +10 | Longsword +11, 1d8+6; Greatsword +12, 2d6+8

Beppo mutters to the group close around him, You hear that? I just heard a sound from the last intersection, maybe 150 feet back. Saw a spark, too. Could be from the hellknights, but I can't be sure. Even if they're on the right track, that would put them pretty far behind us.


Male Human Alchemist 6 | HP 57 | AC 18 FF 16 T13 | Saves +7/+7/+6 (+4 disease, +2 poison) | Init + 2 | Percep +10

Getting more and more frustrated at being chased in the dark, Brandon turns to Morosino.

"Is there any way to the surface around here? Maybe we should take our chances on the streets?"

With the shadow creatures around he knows this is possibly a worse option than the sewers.

"We must have gone the wrong way. Maybe when they pass we can double back to the last marker?"

Silver Crusade

Male Human Priest Lvl 5; 32 HP; AC:17 [14F/15T]; P+6; [+5F+5R+8W]; [S1:3-S2:4-S3:1-1C-4L]

If we keep making right turns, could we get back to where the hell knights started chasing us? Are the sewers connected in such a way?

Knowledge Engineering: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7


Tiefling M Monk 3(Sohei/MoMS) Magus 1 (Spire Defender) AC 19 Tch 15 FF 14 HP 32 F/R/W:6/7/6 Darkvision +8 Init +5
Brandon Harcroft wrote:

Getting more and more frustrated at being chased in the dark, Brandon turns to Morosino.

"Is there any way to the surface around here? Maybe we should take our chances on the streets?"

With the shadow creatures around he knows this is possibly a worse option than the sewers.

"We must have gone the wrong way. Maybe when they pass we can double back to the last marker?"

Is it too meta to hear this and respond? Apologies, if yes.

Devil lays a gentle hand on Brandon at this suggestion, and whispers, "We have to get out of the noose. We went swiftly, but they were ahead of us, with more on the streets they called to. We have to get past that circle. Then we can think of regaining the path."

Grand Lodge

super hidden dice rolls!:
1d20 ⇒ 12
1d20 ⇒ 8
1d20 ⇒ 15
1d20 ⇒ 11
1d20 ⇒ 18

Kyle, Beppo:
You hear Hell Knights from 150' away still

You don't see any way to the street at this intersection, and you are confused as to where, exactly, this would let out into town. However, one thing you are sure of...it must be getting darker outside. The party is still hidden in the darkness of the sewer. You can go east or north.


Male Human Alchemist 6 | HP 57 | AC 18 FF 16 T13 | Saves +7/+7/+6 (+4 disease, +2 poison) | Init + 2 | Percep +10

To BD

"..<sigh>.. you're right of course. Are they still following? I don't hear anything."

Silver Crusade

Male Human Priest Lvl 5; 32 HP; AC:17 [14F/15T]; P+6; [+5F+5R+8W]; [S1:3-S2:4-S3:1-1C-4L]

Kyle points to his ear and the direction they came from. He puts a finger to his lips and pushes people to keep running east.

He tries to run as quietly as possible.

Stealth: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 1 = 18


Tiefling M Monk 3(Sohei/MoMS) Magus 1 (Spire Defender) AC 19 Tch 15 FF 14 HP 32 F/R/W:6/7/6 Darkvision +8 Init +5
Brandon Harcroft wrote:

To BD

"..<sigh>.. you're right of course. Are they still following? I don't hear anything."

"I think it worked. Gather Tessai and Beppo and go East, the rest can follow. Stealth at first, then speed. When you're away from the corner, you can use the lamp, carefully. Corellon and I will listen, a bit, then follow."


Male Human Alchemist 6 | HP 57 | AC 18 FF 16 T13 | Saves +7/+7/+6 (+4 disease, +2 poison) | Init + 2 | Percep +10

Taking the hint, Brandon shuts his trap and gets moving East.

Stealth: 1d20 + 2 - 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 - 2 = 19


Half-Elven Rogue Lvl 2 HP 15/15 INIT+6 AC 16 CMB+3 CMD+17 Rapier/S. Sword (+6/+3 Dual +5,+1) 1d6+2/18-20x2, 1d6+2/19-20x2 Short Bow (+5) 1d6+2/x3 (F:0 R:6 W:0)

Corellon nods in agreemnt and waits as the others make their way,he flattens his back out against the wall, tilting his head so as to capture any sound.

Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (18) + 8 = 26

Grand Lodge

You all head down 100' to the east. 50' up ahead or so, you spot a number of goblins playing some sort of game in the sewage, though they don't seem to have spotted you yet.

Corellon:
Behind you, about 180' behind, you see a light and hear faint klanking.

Silver Crusade

Male Human Priest Lvl 5; 32 HP; AC:17 [14F/15T]; P+6; [+5F+5R+8W]; [S1:3-S2:4-S3:1-1C-4L]

Lets whistle at the goblins and run back to the intersection and head north. Hopefully the goblins will chase after us, we'll get to the intersection before the knights and goblins do, and the goblins attack the knights. If that works we'll attack the survivors. Kyle says softly.


Half-Elven Rogue Lvl 2 HP 15/15 INIT+6 AC 16 CMB+3 CMD+17 Rapier/S. Sword (+6/+3 Dual +5,+1) 1d6+2/18-20x2, 1d6+2/19-20x2 Short Bow (+5) 1d6+2/x3 (F:0 R:6 W:0)

Corellon hols up his hand as an alert to the party and quietly ushers, "I see a faint light and hear the sound of armor about 180' behind us, we need to keep moving. The gobbers will slow us down, but I fear their is no heading back unless we can get past them. We'll never make it to the intersection before they do."

451 to 500 of 6,676 << first < prev | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / JCServant's Council of Thieves All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.