Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

RPG Superstar 2015

JCServant's Council of Thieves (Inactive)

Game Master JCServant


1 to 50 of 6,676 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Grand Lodge

Coming Soon!


Male Human Male Human Commoner 1

dotting


Tiefling M Monk 1(Sohei/MoMS)

. to get on my games list


Half-Elven Rogue Lvl 2 HP 15/15 INIT+6 AC 16 CMB+3 CMD+17 Rapier/S. Sword (+6/+3 Dual +5,+1) 1d6+2/18-20x2, 1d6+2/19-20x2 Short Bow (+5) 1d6+2/x3 (F:0 R:6 W:0)

Dotting ... we have a name and a face


Male Human Alchemist 6 | HP 57 | AC 18 FF 16 T13 | Saves +7/+7/+6 (+4 disease, +2 poison) | Init + 2 | Percep +10

Can't wait

Grand Lodge

At some point in your recent past in Westcrown, each of you have met a lady named Janiven (Picture in dropbox folder). Please only read your character's intro. Please keep in mind that I don't read too much into back stories (because I want to RP the NPCs without a ton of meta knowledge) but use your traits mostly for coming up with these intros. If it's a little bit of stretch for your character, just roll with it :)

Everyone has until the end of day today to let me know how they react to what happens. Use spoiler tags as you all are not together just yet.

Black Devil:
You have never been totally happy with the way things work in Westcrown. People living in fear certain inspires complaince with the law, but you're sure there must be a better way. You've heard of a band of freedom fighters, but could never find out anything more about them without taking significant risk that you're unhappy with the status quo (something that you don't want to do in Westcrown). Thankfully, what you saught came to you.

One night, in a bar where people hunker down for the night, the patrons saw a regular drinker out on the street a little late. Normally, if you don't make it to a bar before sunset, you find a place to stay real fast lest the shadow beasts attack you. The drunk was attacked a mere 30' from the bar entrance. You quickly rushed out and grabbed the man indoors right before the beast tore him to shreads. Without realizing it, you muttered a curse against the regime of the House of the Thrice Damned. You don't think anyone heard you, but one lady did.

She introduced herself as Janivan. She says that she admires your bravery and implies that she shares your concern for what the shadowbeasts can do. After the scene calms down, she offers to buy you a drink. In a corner of the room, she tells you that there are those, like yourself, who want to do something about how day to day life plays out in Westcrown. She doesn't give you much details, for fear that others may overhear, but she tells you to meet her at Vizio's Taven at 4pm in a couple of days. She smiles and then orders everyone a round of drinks. You contemplate her invitation.

Tassai:
As a follower of Cayden, you've played the role of the party leader at the bars more nights than not. Yet, your demenaor hides your hearts true intentions. You know that there are things going on in Westcrown. Evil things. After you get people drunk (hopefully enough to where, not only are their lips loosened, but their memory will be erased), you ask question. While you haven't gotten anything concrete, you've heard enough to convince you that something evil is coming together, and it cannot mean anything good for the people of Westcrown.

Not everyone was as drunk as you thought, as one lady overheard your questioning, and approached you about it. She introduced herself as Janivan. She says that she admires your bravery and implies that she shares your concern for criminal elements that might be organizing outside the notice of the Hellknights. She offers to buy you a drink, which you always appreciate. In a corner of the room, she tells you that there are those, like yourself, who want to do something about how day to day life plays out in Westcrown. She doesn't give you much details, for fear that others may overhear, but she tells you to meet her at Vizio's Taven at 4pm in a couple of days. She smiles and then orders everyone a round of drinks. You contemplate her invitation.

Ajani:
I'm missing your campaign trait. Did you send it to me? I need that to write your intro. Long story short, you're unhappy with Westcrown, and a lady named Janivan approaches you about it. She invites you to Vizio's Tavern tomorrow at 4pm to discuss it further

Brandon:
You sit in a bar, after a long day. You have your wayfinder in your hand, using the time and help of the liquor to recall your dream...your passion, to live as a Pathfinder, and explore the abandoned Pathfinder Lodge here in Cheliax. To your surprise, a lady statles you, sitting at your table. You hide the Wayfinder, but only too late. You asks you about it. At first, you worry that she might be someone working for the Hellnights, or worse, the Inquisitors. She quickly puts your fears to rest, however. She introduces herself as Janivan. She states that while she is not a Pathfinder, she has a couple of contacts outside of Cheliax that are. They told her about your desire to do Pathfinder work inside of Cheliax's borders.

She looks over her sholder for a moment and looks back at you. Like the Pathfinder Society, she believes people should be free to explores and learn without the fear of government. She suggests that perhaps you two could help each other. She tells you to meet her at Vizio's Tavern tomorrow at 4pm where she can speak more freely about a group that may help you do Pathfinder work without getting caught.

Hal:
You have never been totally happy with the way things work in Westcrown. People living in fear of the shadow beasts, in particualar, gets under your skin. You don't fear them, and you think the people shouldn't either

One night, in a bar where people hunker down for the night, the patrons saw a regular drinker out on the street a little late. Normally, if you don't make it to a bar before sunset, you find a place to stay real fast lest the shadow beasts attack you. The drunk was attacked a mere 30' from the bar entrance. You quickly rushed out and grabbed the man indoors right before the beast tore him to shreads. Without realizing it, you muttered a curse against the regime of the House of the Thrice Damned. You don't think anyone heard you, but one lady did.

She introduced herself as Janivan. She says that she admires your bravery and implies that she shares your concern for what the shadowbeasts can do. After the scene calms down, she offers to buy you a drink. In a corner of the room, she tells you that there are those, like yourself, who want to do something about how day to day life plays out in Westcrown. She doesn't give you much details, for fear that others may overhear, but she tells you to meet her at Vizio's Taven at 4pm in a couple of days. She smiles and then orders everyone a round of drinks. You contemplate her invitation.

Correllon:
For most of your life, you've been a follower of Abadar, standing up for fair, eqitable trade. The strict regime imposed by the Hellknights, shadow beasts and inquisitors helps in ensure that few pepole try to cheat the laws, including those involving trade. Heck, to even slow down a shipping passage on the river can result in death.

But, as efficient as it is, you know that there are things going on in Westcrown. Evil things. There are some operating behind the scenes, and grabbing power now allowed by law that is getting by the enforces. And when such schemes come to fruition, they often stifle trade and push back the advances of civilization. But you need more information. So during trades with others, you ask a few questions. While you haven't gotten anything concrete, you've heard enough to convince you that something evil is coming together, and it cannot mean anything good for the people of Westcrown.

One day, a lady customer answered your questions by asking questions of her own. It caught you off guard. She introduced herself as Janivan. She says that she admires your bravery and implies that she shares your concern for criminal elements that might be organizing outside the notice of the Hellknights. She offers to buy you a drink, which you always appreciate. In a corner of the room, she tells you that there are those, like yourself, who want to do something about how day to day life plays out in Westcrown. She doesn't give you much details, for fear that others may overhear, but she tells you to meet her at Vizio's Taven at 4pm in a couple of days. She smiles and then orders everyone a round of drinks. You contemplate her invitation.

Kyle:
Most people worship the Devil god, and as a follower of Shelyn, that's always bothered you, but not too much. You grew up here, and while you don't agree with everything that goes on, for the most part it works. While open practice of other religions is frowned upon, as an advocate for the godess of art, you find that even the noblemen appreciate your finely carved statues and florish in explaining the story behind each and every one. You have always secretly hoped, however, that people would that there's more strength in art and beauty than devil worship.

While selling your work at a trader's guild one day, you caught the eye of a young lady. As you were packing up, she approached you. She noticed your passion not only for your art, but for the goddess you server. She whispers to you that there are more ways to inspire people than simply carving statues...to follow the note if you're truely interested in inspiring others to greater acts of freedom and beauty. She kisses you quickly as she shoves a note in your hand. As you look at it later, it directs you to a tavern, with a date on it.

Tassai:
As a follower of Cayden, you've played the role of the party leader at the bars more nights than not. Yet, your demenaor hides your hearts true intentions. You know that there are things going on in Westcrown. Evil things. After you get people drunk (hopefully enough to where, not only are their lips loosened, but their memory will be erased), you ask question. While you haven't gotten anything concrete, you've heard enough to convince you that something evil is coming together, and it cannot mean anything good for the people of Westcrown.

Not everyone was as drunk as you thought, as one lady overheard your questioning, and approached you about it. She introduced herself as Janivan. She says that she admires your bravery and implies that she shares your concern for criminal elements that might be organizing outside the notice of the Hellknights. She offers to buy you a drink, which you always appreciate. In a corner of the room, she tells you that there are those, like yourself, who want to do something about how day to day life plays out in Westcrown. She doesn't give you much details, for fear that others may overhear, but she tells you to meet her at Vizio's Taven at 4pm in a couple of days. She smiles and then orders everyone a round of drinks. You contemplate her invitation.


Male Human Rogue 1 | HP 11 | AC 16 FF 12 T14 | Saves +3/+5/+0 | Init + 7 | Percep +4

JC

Spoiler:
Hal sits with Janivan and listens in disbelief to what she says. What kinds of person talks to a total stranger about conspiring against the Royal Family? It seemed like an obvious trap but, at the same time, it did not smell like one. People who want to remain unnoticed don't do things like buy drinks for everyone in the bar, even though this only came to about ten people all together.

"Vizio's at 4? How could I refuse an invitation from a beautiful woman like yourself? Hal does his best to seem charming but is careful not to push things. He noted the sword at Janivan's waist and had no idea how well she could wield it. If it is a set-up I can always claim that I was simply playing along to get her into bed. he thinks to himself.

Sense Motive
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 22

I wonder if anyone else heard me curse the Thrunes. Hal excuses himself for a moment to check on his friend and takes the opportunity to see if anyone in the bar is paying them undue attention.

Has Hal ever heard of Janivan or the people she alluded to?
Knowledge (Local)
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 3 = 18

Perception
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 = 23


Male Human Fighter 5 HP 45/49 | AC 22 (t13 f20) | F+6 R+5 W+5(+6vs Fear) | Perc +10 | Longsword +11, 1d8+6; Greatsword +12, 2d6+8

Beppo starts to see double.

Oof, maybe that's one too many.

GM:
I noticed two "Tassai" entries but not one for Beppo. Should I look at one of the Tassai spoilers, or do you have another for me?


Male Human Alchemist 6 | HP 57 | AC 18 FF 16 T13 | Saves +7/+7/+6 (+4 disease, +2 poison) | Init + 2 | Percep +10

JC

GM:
Brandon sits up too quickly as the woman takes the seat opposite him, spilling his drink in his lap.

"Damn it!" he cursed, hastily drying himself and tucking away the Wayfinder.

He studied the woman for a moment but found he could not hold her intense gaze.

I need to tread carefully here. Yet no one but the Pathfinder's knew my purpose here...

Brandon looks around at the unfamiliar faces in the bar, trying to ascertain if anyone is paying them undue attention.

Perception
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7

"You have me at a disadvantage here Miss Janivan. You know my intentions here in Westcrown but I know nothing of you."

He sighed in resignation.

"It's true that I have been blocked at every turn in my work here. I will think about your proposal my lady."

He had already decided to go. What other choice did he have?


Half-Elven Rogue Lvl 2 HP 15/15 INIT+6 AC 16 CMB+3 CMD+17 Rapier/S. Sword (+6/+3 Dual +5,+1) 1d6+2/18-20x2, 1d6+2/19-20x2 Short Bow (+5) 1d6+2/x3 (F:0 R:6 W:0)

@GMJCS:
Corellon is taken aback, almost startled by what he hears. Even with the culture of the ‘All eyes are watching you’ that the regime perpetuates and people’s forced inclination to turn one another in, there has been suspiciously little talk or even recognition that there might be something deeper, more sinister going on. That Janivan is so aware and forthright with her observations is unsettling at the very least.

’Has she been watching me, is she a spy for the hellknights, are my efforts that obvious, oh what paranoia, get a hold of yourself Corellon, play it cool.’
He does his best to discern her intentions. Sense Motive: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4 But she is an expert at masking her feelings, her face reveals nothing.

In a hushed tone, he questions her, ”How do I know this isn’t a trap, this very conversation is grounds for treason ... and you kinow where that leads?”

He is ultimately extremely suspicious of her intent but at the same time he is compelled to find out more. For too long has he watched as things go unnoticed or ignored by others, whether due to fear or ignorance. And perhaps at the heart of this lies the truth behind his father’s murder. He must go.


Tiefling M Monk 1(Sohei/MoMS)

for GM:

BD's not much of a barfly. It may not matter, but he may have gone to wherever this first tavern was in order to cancel a standing beverages order, since the house would no longer have such need. Perhaps the business took a long time, or a memorial drink became a drink for every girl, or some similar.

He surely would have sprung to the defense of any passerby, perhaps not against lawful authority, but against a beast? And he might have said, "It's not the house thrice-damned; it's the city."

To the lady, he says, "If you have a plan against the beasts, I will listen."

BD will meet with her, a kukri on his belt and a chakram on his back under his cloak.

Grand Lodge

Yeah, the last one is for you, Beppo. Sorry. It doesn't let me edit it this far out.

Grand Lodge

Hal:
(Knowledge/Sense Motive conclusions) She’s not unknown in Westcrown. She’s worked for several guilds and mercantile interests, sometimes as a caravan guard but more often as a city guide and bodyguard for visiting merchants and business partners that the guilds want to keep out of trouble with local thugs or the shadow beasts that patrol the streets at night. Janiven has a reputation of being a bit rash (for example, she recently dragged her charge half-dressed out of a whorehouse when he refused to head back to a safer part of town before sundown) but quite trustworthy—everyone the PCs talk to has nothing but praise for the woman. You sense that she's not completely unaware of who you are either, or else, why would she approach you so boldly? So many questions, but this hardly seems the place to get into too many deatils with so many ears about.

Brandon:
You may roll a local knowledge or Diplomacy check to find out/know more about her if you wish.

Corellon:
She replies in a half whisper, I've already said too much. Just meet me here where we can talk more... freely. Even with the beer flowing freely, I'd rather not say too much more here. I'm sorry to be so blunt, but I have others I must talk to. I hope to see you soon. She gets up, pats a few patrons on the back, and leaves.

Black Devil:
She replies in a half whisper, "I will see you there, friend. She gets up, looks out the window, and quickly darts out the door.

Note: I'm missing a few responses here. It's imparative that everyone read and reply as, by Monday, we will want to have this going full steam. Email me if you cannot be on for some reason. Thank you.


Mythic 3/5 || Female demon-spawn tiefling oracle 1/paladin (oath against fiends, oath of vengeance) 4/Guardian 1 || AC 20, touch 15, flat-footed 16 (+5 armor, +4 Dex, +1 deflection) Init +1; Senses darkvision 60 ft.; Perception +1; HP: 72/72 || Fort +11, Ref +11, Will +13; +1 vs. evil outsider's spells and effects, +2 vs. death

On my way home now. Will have a response as soon as I arrive. WOHOOO!! I am happy this has started!!


Mythic 3/5 || Female demon-spawn tiefling oracle 1/paladin (oath against fiends, oath of vengeance) 4/Guardian 1 || AC 20, touch 15, flat-footed 16 (+5 armor, +4 Dex, +1 deflection) Init +1; Senses darkvision 60 ft.; Perception +1; HP: 72/72 || Fort +11, Ref +11, Will +13; +1 vs. evil outsider's spells and effects, +2 vs. death

For GM:
Tessai listened intently at what the woman had to say, as she usually does not dismiss an honest offer for a drink, trying as best as possible to disguise that thiis indeed something she holds close to her heart.

You seem to believe you know a good deal about me, while I know nothing about you - I do not like to be placed at such a disadvantage, even less if it is shared over a glass of wine... I much rather honest discussions, and an upfront attitude, but I am learning.

Slowly taking another sip at her drink, enjoying it thoroughly, she adds:

If you have come to me with this, you know or at least expect, to pike my curiosity - very well, I'll give you that, regardless of you being friend or foe - I am indeed curious, not only about this meeting, but about yourself. You can be sure of one thing, I will ask around about you, and I will meet you, but this time on even ground. If foul play is involved, and one of us ends up regretting that we met, it will not be me... Tessai's tone gets gradually somber as she speaks these last words, not as an attempt to intimidate, but instead to clarify.

This is but a fleeting moment though, and she returns to her usual self - a playful grin toying at the edge of her lips, and a live glow in her dark black eyes.

And that is it. - she adds matter of factly - again whether you are friend or foe, I'm done with warnings and omens. One last toast before you leave? - she rises her glass waiting for Janivan to correspond.

Afterwards, Tessai will indeed try to find out more about this woman.

Knowledge (local) if it helps: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21


Male Human Alchemist 6 | HP 57 | AC 18 FF 16 T13 | Saves +7/+7/+6 (+4 disease, +2 poison) | Init + 2 | Percep +10

GM only:
Knowledge Local check 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4
Nope, never heard of her. Makes sense really, I haven't been in town that long.

Silver Crusade

Male Human Priest Lvl 5; 32 HP; AC:17 [14F/15T]; P+6; [+5F+5R+8W]; [S1:3-S2:4-S3:1-1C-4L]

GM:
Kyle relishes the chance to spread Shelyn’s word, but has long been wary of the deceptive nature of most Cheliaxians. He would try to get a read on the lady with the note before he puts it away to read later.
Sense motive (+1 more if she's nobility): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11
Kyle’s instincts tell him to follow the note, but he can’t figure out why since he has always disregarded people’s motives outside his own faith. The lady’s words hit a desire Kyle has long kept. He has always wanted to be a part of something better and to have the chance to prove his valor to himself as much as to Shelyn.
Kyle’s suspicions makes him proceed carefully and he wants to know more about the tavern and tries to figure out if there is anything special about the date.
Local Knowledge: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5
Historical Knowledge regarding the date: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 17
Kyle is decided he will show but his suspicous nature warns him about doing so. He turns to prayers for guidance. He will create a figurine of the lady during his evening prayers, if Shelyn answers his prayers he will create a figurine of the lady in a demeanor according to his answer. The figurine will look serene and carry a glaive as a symbol to fight bring justice, if not, the figurine he creates will be more sinister and carry a mace.
Craft with Inner Beauty (+4): 1d20 + 7 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 7 + 4 = 31
Because Inner Beauty works once a day, he prays before going to bed and uses this trait for his craft check if he hadn't needed for something else during the day as opposed to using it first thing in the morning and not having it available to him.

Silver Crusade

Male Human Priest Lvl 5; 32 HP; AC:17 [14F/15T]; P+6; [+5F+5R+8W]; [S1:3-S2:4-S3:1-1C-4L]

One last thing:
I just thought about. Did the lady buy any of my works? It should help in my decision about how the figurine ends up.


Male Human Fighter 5 HP 45/49 | AC 22 (t13 f20) | F+6 R+5 W+5(+6vs Fear) | Perc +10 | Longsword +11, 1d8+6; Greatsword +12, 2d6+8

GM:
Beppo is wary of this character untrained sense motive: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 1 = 15, and gives her a good onceover, looking for clues or hotness perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13

gotta do something, I suppose, and if it gives me a chance to show up the regime or win something I'm all for it.

surre thing, babe. 4 at Vizio's. So what are you up to later?

He gives her a winning smile and takes another drink.


Male Human Rogue 1 | HP 11 | AC 16 FF 12 T14 | Saves +3/+5/+0 | Init + 7 | Percep +4

DM:

Spoiler:
What does Hal know of the shadow beasts? Do they come from the northern quarter of Westcrown?

Grand Lodge

Tessai:
(Knowledge/Sense Motive conclusions) She’s not unknown in Westcrown. She’s worked for several guilds and mercantile interests, sometimes as a caravan guard but more often as a city guide and bodyguard for visiting merchants and business partners that the guilds want to keep out of trouble with local thugs or the shadow beasts that patrol the streets at night. Janiven has a reputation of being a bit rash (for example, she recently dragged her charge half-dressed out of a whorehouse when he refused to head back to a safer part of town before sundown) but quite trustworthy—everyone the PCs talk to has nothing but praise for the woman. You sense that she's not completely unaware of who you are either, or else, why would she approach you so boldly? So many questions, but this hardly seems the place to get into too many deatils with so many ears about.

Kyle:
Yes, in conversation with you, she was picking up and looking at them while talking to you about something completely different...as if she was putting on an act for anyone looking from a distance. She picked one of the statues of Desna, and paid you as she handed you the note with the money

Beppo:
She's quite attractive. Maybe I'll tell you, if you meet me. See you there. She gets up and walks out the door.

Hal:
No one is sure exactly where those beasts come from, exactly. However, they roam the streets at night, insuring that only the foolhardy would dare to ignore the curfew.


Male Human Fighter 5 HP 45/49 | AC 22 (t13 f20) | F+6 R+5 W+5(+6vs Fear) | Perc +10 | Longsword +11, 1d8+6; Greatsword +12, 2d6+8

GM:

I'll be looking forward to it.

hmm... this sounds promising, one way or another.

Beppo smiles to himself as he watches the lady leave, and orders another pint.

Grand Lodge

Each of you arrives at Vizio's Tavern at the appointed time, some earlier than others. As you do, you see Janiven going about the business of preparing food and doing some minor repair work; she
acknowledges your presence, invites you to be seated, and offers them some ale to pass the time, but politely refuses to answer any questions at this time, insisting that she wants to wait until 'everyone' shows up. You're not sure how many 'everyone' includes.

For this posting period each of you walks into the tavern. Describe what you look like physically. Assume you enter the tavern in the order that post. I.E. the first person who posts is the first one in. If you recognize someone in the party who has already arrived (based on mutual backstory and/or earlier interaction on discussion), then, by all means, greet each other appropriately. Otherwise, assume that everyone else in the group is a townsperson you may have seen once or twice around Westcrown at best, and a stranger at worst.

Next posting Period is around 2pm EST


Tiefling M Monk 1(Sohei/MoMS)

Vizio's Tavern. It had not taken overlong to find it, even asking only when a dangerous-but-downtroden tiefling might find an answer, and in the socially prescribed way.

"Your pardon, Sir. Vizio's Tavern?"

No reply, save a scornful glower and a more hurried pace as the man went past.

"Madam, please. Vizio's Tavern?", brought a faux-horrified look, and a shout from nearby, "You there! Leave that lady alone!".

So he did. Finally, sighing, he hit upon a method. Walking into another tavern, he took a table front and center, near the door, where any about to enter might see him.

This of course was not entirely welcome. "Can I help you?", a server asked with some degree of distress.

Devil was not skilled at pretense. But he didn't need to be. They both wanted the same thing. Or close enough. "Vizio's Tavern, yes?", he asked, his pupilless orbs and veloured visage unreadable.

"No! This is the Iron Stag! Vizio's is on Blood Street! Blood Street."

Rising, Devil said, with gentle sincerity, "Thank you. You have been most helpful."

Blood Street was not far, and Devil had allowed plenty of time to get there well ahead of the appointed hour. He made a loop of the block, the street, and the lot, circling as a wary bird might have, before alighting at the front door.

Janiven looked up as he entered. He did not consider himself a welcoming sight, a black-furred elf in a black pants and tunic, a short dark drop-hooded cloak hanging to a weaponed belt supported by a baldric. But she smiled faintly, her eyes passing over but not lingering on the scabbarded kukri, sparing a bit more time on his torso. Do you suspect the armor beneath?, he thought, then allowed, You should. It did not occur to him she might be measuring him, and not his threat or defenses.

He returned her faint smile, but the colors of his face made his expressions hard to see, unless he showed his sharp white teeth. Which he did not.

"I am early", he apologised when she brought him the ale. "I could help with your repairs? I am not a handy man, but I am a clever one."


Mythic 3/5 || Female demon-spawn tiefling oracle 1/paladin (oath against fiends, oath of vengeance) 4/Guardian 1 || AC 20, touch 15, flat-footed 16 (+5 armor, +4 Dex, +1 deflection) Init +1; Senses darkvision 60 ft.; Perception +1; HP: 72/72 || Fort +11, Ref +11, Will +13; +1 vs. evil outsider's spells and effects, +2 vs. death

There it was, Visio's tavern. She knew this place well, having come multiple times with her father into the city for supplies (or sneaking in when he did not bring her) to manage the Lost House - a half home, half orphanage, half asylum on the outskirts of town, that took care of many of the ruined lifes that Westcrown spits out on a daily basis.

In spite of its name, it was a place of joy, of caring, something badly needed by the souls that eventually ended there.

She never understood how her father and his grandfather managed to keep the place unnoticed for so long... When they fled, she would not go, when it was burned down, she decided she would rebuild it one day, and when she skewered the "semi official" element in charge of carrying out the foul deed, she swore she would one day send for her family back.

Years before that, her many incursions into Westcrown, unknown to her father, had given her a solid knowledge of the place, and now there it was, Visio's tavern - It can mean so much, or nothing at all...

As she crossed the treshold, her eyes instantly met the tiefling sitting on a corner table, speaking with Janiven - Now there is one that will have a hard time "blending in" - she mused.

As she crossed the room to meet the pair, she took off her wide brimmed hat, and pulled back her dark cape - a hint of metal glowing underneath it and above a tight fitting jacket. Shaking her jet black hair loose, her pale grey skin caught the reflection of the fireplace, assuming its bronze hues, as did the dark pools of utter darkness that are her eyes.

Striding confidently, easily hoisting her gear - a rapier dangling at one side of her hips, the now more visible scale mail covering her torso, a fully loaded backack with a shield slung over it, and a quiver of javelins - her "above the knee" high boots clapped loudly against the wooden floor as she approached their table.

For those that are familiar with it, I imagine Tessai as the female image of Solomon Kane (the comic book one, not the movie one :D)

Fiddling with the small bronze mug symbol that hangs from a cord around her neck, the usual wicked, fanged, hint of a smile toying in her lips, Tessai addressed both - Well met Janiven. I am here for the drink and the honest conversation you have promised me. - Facing Black Devil she added - And to you stranger, well met also - I am Tessai.


Male Human Fighter 5 HP 45/49 | AC 22 (t13 f20) | F+6 R+5 W+5(+6vs Fear) | Perc +10 | Longsword +11, 1d8+6; Greatsword +12, 2d6+8

Beppo has not been in Westcrown long, but he has been here long enough that he knows how to locate a watering hole. After sleeping off the previous night, he finally staggers down to the common room of his accommodations at the Limping Halfling. He orders a large plate of black pudding, grilled tomatoes, hard bread, boiled eggs, and hot peppers from the inkeep, poses a question or two, and is soon wandering in the general direction of Blood Street.

A tall, lean man strides in the door, chin high. He is dressed like a courtier -- he sports a flamboyant feathered cap, withering moustache and the sleeves of his blue velvet doublet are slashed with orange -- but several subtle and not-so-subtle clues belie that this man is a mercenary:

Most obvious are the hauberk of polished scale mail he wears over the doublet and the two blades hanging from his belt. Less obvious are the signs that any days at court are in the past -- the edges of his sleeves are dirty, his shoes show signs of significant wear, and his codpiece is far from polished. His bloodshot eyes also give him the look of a man who is just the other side of a hard day's night.

The mercenary casually surveys the room as if he owns it. Once he spots Janiven, his eyebrows give a brief twitch and he glides toward her. His stride appears to break slightly when he sees the tieflings in conversation with her.

TIEFLINGS? Really? I certainly hope this is not all of our company.

Nonetheless, he joins the group, examining Janiven's buxom figure with a slight sigh.

Well, if that be any part of my prize, it shall be worth it - just have to watch my back with those devil-spawn.

Good afternoon, my dear. Lovely...boots. I take it these are some of the "others" you spoke of?

He only turns to the tieflings when Janiven confirms his understanding. Good day to you. I am Beppo van Drotske.

GM:
Beppo thought it best to leave the zweihander and crossbow at his room for the moment, so he is less than fully armed.


Tiefling M Monk 1(Sohei/MoMS)

"Well met", the veloured elf says in reply, "I am Devil. Not a good name, I know. Stroke of a clerk's pen, and I am Devil Whoreson. Another pen found the paper, and I might use 'Devin'. And another paper uses another alphabet, and I might spell it H-O-R-S-O-N. Gifts, of a sort, and I do not spurn them, but I see no reason for pretext." As though in proof, he adds, "You are lovely." It was simple congratulations, not an entre' gambit, for he moved again, rapidly, and on another file. "And arrayed for travel." To Janiven he then asked, "If your intent is travel, I am unprepared. I came to talk. I am armed to avoid offense. Should I return, prepared as Tessai is?"

To Tessai, he adds, "Not that you give offense."

slow composition, Beppo ninja'd. Recovering...

Devil rises to his full height, some inches taller than his usual semi-coiled posture, clicking a heel and offering a bow from the shoulders to Beppo. "I am Devin Horson", he says simply, meeting Beppo's eye before looking to Tessai. "And this lady of my recent acquaintance is Tessai. Tessai, Mister Beppo van Drotske."

"Janiven", he asks with a note of insistence, trying (but perhaps failing) to avoid the impression Beppo's appearance has sparked the question, "Should I return more fully armed?"

Silver Crusade

Male Human Priest Lvl 5; 32 HP; AC:17 [14F/15T]; P+6; [+5F+5R+8W]; [S1:3-S2:4-S3:1-1C-4L]

A whistling short robust man wearing a colorful robe steps into the tavern and looks around at the patrons while smiling. A few heads turn at his arrival and he winks at them as he enters and takes the seat offered to him.

Hello friends, allow me to introduce myself. My name is Kyle from the Shelyn ministry. He says. He turns to the Black Devil. You look familiar to me. Have we met? He rubs the hair on his chin for a moment before his clear blue eyes light up. I saw you when I was delivering some items for the Hellknights. You can scantly find a more discomforting place than there.

Let’s think of better times. Do you know any songs? How about ‘Our Lady in the Rose Garden’? Kyle asks before he starts to sing.


Tiefling M Monk 1(Sohei/MoMS)

"We have met, but not there...?", Devil says in evident puzzlement and suspicion.

At the singing, he waits patiently for the song, and apologises, "I do not know this. 'Taldan Ladies'?", Devil offers, and sings with no skill but evident sorrow...

Farewell and Adieu to ye
Fair Taldan lassie
Farewell and Adieu to ye
Brave Taldan swain

For I've recieved orders
T'sail for Chelaxi'
And know, that it's sure,
I'll not see you again

Silver Crusade

Male Human Priest Lvl 5; 32 HP; AC:17 [14F/15T]; P+6; [+5F+5R+8W]; [S1:3-S2:4-S3:1-1C-4L]

Kyle sings with the Black Devil. He also doesn't have a good voice, but he doesn't seem to mind as he sings the words the best he can as he was taught for many years in his ministry.


Male Human Alchemist 6 | HP 57 | AC 18 FF 16 T13 | Saves +7/+7/+6 (+4 disease, +2 poison) | Init + 2 | Percep +10

Brandon had spent most of the day pouring over his formula book, comparing notes to several medical texts he had brought to the city from Magnimar. It was no good, he had read this particular passge three times already.

He shut the book and picked up his battered wayfinder, turning it over and over again in his hands.

The lady, Janivan, said she and others could help me do my work here. What choice do I have? I'm being blocked at every turn. Every time I mention the Pathfinders or Delvehaven, I am met with derision or worse.

He didn't like the thought of there being 'others.' People had a tendency to get hurt when they were around him.

Again, the question returned to him, what choice do I have?

He was able to find the tavern without too much trouble. He decided he would go armed and armoured after what had happened with the thieves. His leather armour was partially concealed by the long woollen cloak he wore over it. His morningstar was on his belt but he clutched his satchel close to his narrow chest, walking swiftly with his head down, making him seem smaller than his already average height. The satchel contained his extracts, his notebook and, of course, his mutagen. He hoped he wouldn't need that.

Standing outside he took a deep breath. "Here we go, let's at least hear what she has to say. He pushed open the door.

He quickly scanned the room and immediately saw Janivan. She was seated at a table with two humans and two tieflings, already deep in conversation. To his surprise, he recognised one as Devil, his benefactor from the previous night.

Brandon:
Coincidence...

Edmond:
I thought you didn't believe in coincidences.

Brandon:
Don't start, Edmond.

He strode slowly to the table, failing to meet anyone's eyes as they turned at his approach.

"Ummm... hello, I'm sorry to interrupt you. My lady Janivan, I hope I'm in the right place?"

He took a seat when she confirmed he was indeed in the right place.

"Devil." He said with a nod, not being able to think of anything else to say to him that didn't sound lame in his own ears.

"Brandon Harcroft, it's nice to meet you all."


Male Human Rogue 1 | HP 11 | AC 16 FF 12 T14 | Saves +3/+5/+0 | Init + 7 | Percep +4

Hal enters a moment after a silent bar patron leaves, he is pale, of average height and build and dressed as a workman but for the long dusty cloak that he wears. His head is covered with an improvised cloth head-dress that one often sees men wear to keep sweat out of their eyes. Sharp-eyed observers will note a short sword at one hip and the contours of some kind of armor under his loose shirt.

He sweeps the room to take in the occupants before greeting Janiven. "It is good to see you. This looks like a festive occasion." He takes up a mug and nods in the direction of the others before sitting down.

What in the Hells is she Janiven thinking! he wonders silently. Her offer of the other night sounded of conspiracy. And now she gathers a pair of tieflings who could not go unnoticed anywhere. Perhaps this was a worse idea than I thought.

Anyone who make a Perception 12 check:

Spoiler:

Bluff1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12
Hal is initially unnerved at this gathering but tries to play it off.

Devil, I am assuming that Hal never got close enough to see your face when you buried the dead from the Unlit Lantern and does not recognize you yet.

When he sees Brandon Hal's mind races. That one fits the description of the man who slew the thieves in Jael's account. What have I gotten myself into?


Tiefling M Monk 1(Sohei/MoMS)

"Mister Harcroft", Devil says, standing to make introductions. "The ladies, Janiven, and Tessai, both of my recent acquaintance. Ladies, Mister Brandon Harcroft, a physician." Devil managed to keep from apoplectically asking, {How do you know her? And he, and I... and what ABOUT the HELLKNIGHTS?!} But only barely.

Hal: fair trade for me not making a perception check when you tailed me. :) But I'll give you this: If you hear him sing a sad song (and he's only singing sad songs these days), do me the favor of recognizing the sorrow, and then the man.


Male Human Alchemist 6 | HP 57 | AC 18 FF 16 T13 | Saves +7/+7/+6 (+4 disease, +2 poison) | Init + 2 | Percep +10

Perception = 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 22

It appears I'm not the only one uncomfortable with this situation. Perhaps that's for the best.

In a strange way, this makes him relax a little.

Grand Lodge

Janiven says a few words to a halfling, who begins to serve you all supper. She sits down with you all.

We're still missing a few people. But, let's go ahead and eat. I would hate for this food that Beppo and I cooked to get terribly cold.

She gets up, looks out the window, and sits back down.

DC 15 Sense Motive:
She seems nervous about something
.

I'll wait until everyone is here to go into more details as to why I asked each of you to meet me. Don't worry, we should be done well before sunset.

She eats, allowing everyone an opportunity to introduce themselves, engage in idle banter, or eat in awkward silence.


Tiefling M Monk 1(Sohei/MoMS)

SM roll 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 25

"So Mister van Drotske", Devil asks, giving Janiven more attention than the mercenary (which was true in converse, of the mercenary), "You are a cook, then, as well?"

Mostly ignoring van Drotske's reply, Devil moves to approach Janiven unawares, so that suddenly within short distance of her, he can speak softly, "I of course cannot require, but I can request, that you speak frankly to me, of what worries you. You might of course, refuse."

'stealth'? approach of Janiven 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (10) + 7 = 17


Male Human Rogue 1 | HP 11 | AC 16 FF 12 T14 | Saves +3/+5/+0 | Init + 7 | Percep +4
The Black Devil wrote:


Hal: fair trade for me not making a perception check when you tailed me. :) But I'll give you this: If you hear him sing a sad song (and he's only singing sad songs these days), do me the favor of recognizing the sorrow, and then the man.

D'oh! I meant to do just that but forgot while I was editing what I wrote. The boards have been so buggy that I rush to post things before they get eaten.

sense motive
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11


Half-Elven Rogue Lvl 2 HP 15/15 INIT+6 AC 16 CMB+3 CMD+17 Rapier/S. Sword (+6/+3 Dual +5,+1) 1d6+2/18-20x2, 1d6+2/19-20x2 Short Bow (+5) 1d6+2/x3 (F:0 R:6 W:0)

Corellon was as eager as he was apprehensive about this clandestine meeting. Janiven had mentioned that there were others like himself, but who could they be, and how many, he wondered. These and other racing thoughts had overtaken his mind the past few days as he waited for the appointed hour of their meeting.

He’d cased the joints a few times, varying times of day and night to see whether there was anything to confirm his fears that this might be some grand trap, a cleansing by the hellknights or worse, that he’d be captured and enslaved or pressganged. But he saw nothing unusual, just the comings and going s of a simple tavern.

As he approached Visio’s he thought to himself, for the first time, 4 pm was an odd time for such a meeting, no cover of darkness, no bustling mix of rowdy partons. He found a place down a darkened side street with a view of the door and waited and watched. First a tiefling, ’What could I have in common with him, if this is any indication … ’ he judgmentally thought to himself. And then another walks in. ’Might as well put a sign out front, secret meeting, keep out. What is this?’ And then this peacock of a man strides in. Corellon stares at the cobblestones beneath him as he kicks them a few times with the toe of his boot, ’Maybe I should reconsider this whole thing, the last thing I like to do is stand out, even less so when its anything against the regime.’ He sees another man, by his appearance some type of divine artist, and then another, this the first that was neither exotic or flashy. Finally another human makes his way into the tavern, who aside from his headdress is unremarkable in feature.

’it must be very close to 4’ he thought, ’Its now or never I suppose’. He stood there staring at the door as it tempted him. He shook his head, and turned away, ’Fools, and to think, me among them.’. After a few steps, un characteristically impulsively he abruptly pivots and makes a determined march towards the tavern and enters.

Corellon wasn’t sure what would happen so he was fully adorned in his arms and armor, just in case he needed to sight his way out. His earthen brown cloak draped fully over his shoulders, its broad hood up over his head, obscuring much of his face. His almost blackish leather armor is punctuated by a dark green tunic and tan leggings. His rapier and pack are still concealed by his draping cloak. His short bow and quiver are back in his room. There is little about him, upon first glance that stands out.

He surveys the room and briefly makes contact with each person there – they all appear to be facing Janiven, as is she just addressed them. ”Hello, sorry if I’m a bit late, that is not like me and I mean not to offend.” He bows his head slightly before looking up again, ”I am Corellon, a pleasure to make your acquaintance.”.

Corellon quickly scans the room taking in any key details - anything that might stands out, potential threats, open doors or greats where others may be lisneting in. Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (12) + 8 = 20

Silver Crusade

Male Human Priest Lvl 5; 32 HP; AC:17 [14F/15T]; P+6; [+5F+5R+8W]; [S1:3-S2:4-S3:1-1C-4L]

sense motive: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8

Kyle is oblivious to the discomfort of the others. He decides to stand and toast the host, I'd like to thank Janiven for inviting me here and offering me the chance to help spread beauty and the word of Shelyn into the world. He reaches into his bag and pulls out a silver figurine that he'd been working on the last couple of days. It is my honor to present you with this as a token of our friendship.


Male Human Alchemist 6 | HP 57 | AC 18 FF 16 T13 | Saves +7/+7/+6 (+4 disease, +2 poison) | Init + 2 | Percep +10

sense motive = 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8

Brandon does not notice the look of concern pass Janiven's face as his attention is taken by the latest person to join them. This table is getting rather crowded, he thought and none of them look much like Pathfinders to me. Have I missed something here?

"Hello, Corellon. Take a seat if you can find one, Janiven told us others would join us.I'm Brandon." He says with a smile. "This is Devin, Kyle, Beppo..." he suddenly looks embarressed and nervously pokes at his food. "I'm sorry, I'm still getting used to everyone's name."


Male Human Fighter 5 HP 45/49 | AC 22 (t13 f20) | F+6 R+5 W+5(+6vs Fear) | Perc +10 | Longsword +11, 1d8+6; Greatsword +12, 2d6+8

Beppo nods and raises his mug to each of the newcomers as they enter, each nod accompanied by a Well met.

At least now we have a cleric and a few guys who look up to the task of stabbing someone if we get in trouble. That Kyle might even be able to take a hit.

sense motive(untrained): 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 1 = 21

A cook? Pah! All I did was bring over a sausage and cut some onions.

Perception against Devil's stealth roll to notice him sneaking over to Janiven (if that makes sense)
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19

Beppo watches Janiven a bit more closely.

So, beautiful, are we waiting on anyone else? I'm anxious to see what you want to do to - um, with us.


Male Human Alchemist 6 | HP 57 | AC 18 FF 16 T13 | Saves +7/+7/+6 (+4 disease, +2 poison) | Init + 2 | Percep +10

Edmond internal:
A tardy Elf, a shifty human, two half-demons, a zealot and a braggard. My, what fine company you keep these days Brandon!

Brandon does not react but instead raises his glass in Kyle's toast. Though he does not agree with the religious overtones, the sentiment is welcome.


Half-Elven Rogue Lvl 2 HP 15/15 INIT+6 AC 16 CMB+3 CMD+17 Rapier/S. Sword (+6/+3 Dual +5,+1) 1d6+2/18-20x2, 1d6+2/19-20x2 Short Bow (+5) 1d6+2/x3 (F:0 R:6 W:0)

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 1 = 19

Corellon nods at Brandon and smiles.

Noticing Janiven's darting eyes and constant looks to the door he suspects that she is not as bold on this night as she was when she first approached him. He must not be the only one to think so, and he listens intently for a response to Beppo's question.

Grand Lodge

Occasionally I will interject a post inbetween posting periods to keep things moving or answer a question. The next official post that moves the story a bit further is at 6pm EST

She laughs nervously. She gets up, checks out the window again, and sits back down. Well, there were a few others.... She trails off for a moment, before refocusing her thoughts. This is one of the dark streets at night...I just hope everyone makes it here on time. Safely.


Mythic 3/5 || Female demon-spawn tiefling oracle 1/paladin (oath against fiends, oath of vengeance) 4/Guardian 1 || AC 20, touch 15, flat-footed 16 (+5 armor, +4 Dex, +1 deflection) Init +1; Senses darkvision 60 ft.; Perception +1; HP: 72/72 || Fort +11, Ref +11, Will +13; +1 vs. evil outsider's spells and effects, +2 vs. death

Tessai greets every single one of the patrons as they walk over to the table, but she is currently more intent in understanding Janiven's behavior.

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 19

She is clearly nervous... But it means nothing in itself...

Sipping her drink further, keeping an eye on their host, she now has fallen more sullen and more quiet, paying more attention to the gathered group....


Male Human Rogue 1 | HP 11 | AC 16 FF 12 T14 | Saves +3/+5/+0 | Init + 7 | Percep +4

JC: What time of year is it, or does that matter? I just wonder about when it will start to get dark.

Grand Lodge

It's towards the end of summer. Days are still pretty long, setting around 7.30pm.

Janiven engages in small talk as everyone finished up their dinner. She continues to look at the window every few minutes.


Male Human Rogue 1 | HP 11 | AC 16 FF 12 T14 | Saves +3/+5/+0 | Init + 7 | Percep +4

How many did she invite? A group this size might as well be a cry from the battlements of the Korradath. Surely someone will have notices a furred tiefling, the other tiefling and some openly armed men all converging on a tavern.


Half-Elven Rogue Lvl 2 HP 15/15 INIT+6 AC 16 CMB+3 CMD+17 Rapier/S. Sword (+6/+3 Dual +5,+1) 1d6+2/18-20x2, 1d6+2/19-20x2 Short Bow (+5) 1d6+2/x3 (F:0 R:6 W:0)

"Janiven, is there anything we should know, are you thinking something is going wrong?"

Grand Lodge

Like I said, just keeping an eye out. I was expecting...someone else. She takes a heavy sigh, and locks the door. Let's talk

1 to 50 of 6,676 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / JCServant's Council of Thieves All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.