Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

Ith's Voice in the Void (PFS) (Inactive)

Game Master ithuriel


351 to 400 of 643 << first < prev | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | next > last >>
Andoran

Fighter 4 (Two-Handed), HP 40/40, AC: 20/T: 13/FF: 17, Perception +1, F: +7/ R: +4/ W: +2, CMB: +8, CMD: 20, Speed: 20, Init: +4

Jake again will man the door when everyone is ready.

Andoran

Male Half Elf - AC24() T12/F23/CMD19| Hp60/60 | Fort:+14;Ref:+10;Will+11 |Percept.+4| Init.+3. { } Paladin 7 (smite 0/3 used. Hands 3d6 5/10 used)

Omrax will sheath his sword and stow shield and knock an arrow in his longbow and readies to shoot the yellow plant as well.

To no one in particular...
"With any luck, the crazy yellow plant succumbed to the smoke from the other room."

Silver Crusade

M Human Oracle

Mordecai nods and takes his position at the back of the group, shield raised. "Ready."

Grand Lodge

Male Half-Elven Inquisitor Lvl 1 HP:9/9 | AC:14 | T:10 | FF:12 | CMD:14 | F:+2 | R:+2 | W+6 | Init:+4 | Perc:+10 | Sense Motive:+8

He casts guidance on himself, Jake, Omrax and Noa and takes his bow into his hand and draws heavily on an arrow, taking his position as well. "Right, on your mark Jake." and confidently nods.

Taldor

Fem (HP 19/19 | AC 16 | T 12 | FF 14 | CMD 15 | F +3 | R +4 | W +2 | Init +2 | Per +7) 1/2E Bar(Urban) 1, Brd(Dervish Dancer) 1

Noa readies and loads her sling before taking a firing position. If she acts before the person behind her, she will fire and step aside. If she acts after the person in front of her, she will step through their space to where she can fire, fire, then step out of the firing line for anyone coming after her.

Andoran

Fighter 4 (Two-Handed), HP 40/40, AC: 20/T: 13/FF: 17, Perception +1, F: +7/ R: +4/ W: +2, CMB: +8, CMD: 20, Speed: 20, Init: +4

Here we go!

Jake opens the door and stands beside it with his back to the wall so that the ranged attacks can begin, and he holds a readied action to attack anything coming through the door.

Grand Lodge

Character Stats:
  • 21 HP
  • AC 18 (T 12 : FF 17)
  • Fort +8: Ref +4: Will +6
  • Initiative +1
  • Perception +8
  • Dwarf Cleric 1 / Ranger 1

    Belegorn shoots through the door at the plant, moving in to position if he needs to first.

    Bow Shot: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 16
    Damage: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8

    Taldor

    Fem (HP 19/19 | AC 16 | T 12 | FF 14 | CMD 15 | F +3 | R +4 | W +2 | Init +2 | Per +7) 1/2E Bar(Urban) 1, Brd(Dervish Dancer) 1

    Conditional on Noa having a firing solution on the plant, here are her attack rolls:

    to hit +3 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (16) + 3 = 19
    damage d4+2 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5


    Someone hit it one more time and I won't bother to roll init, because if it is dead it won't matter that anyone hit by spores tries to approach it.
    Marchello? Omrax?

    Andoran

    Male Half Elf - AC24() T12/F23/CMD19| Hp60/60 | Fort:+14;Ref:+10;Will+11 |Percept.+4| Init.+3. { } Paladin 7 (smite 0/3 used. Hands 3d6 5/10 used)

    Omrax steps up and takes a shot...trying to end the yellow menace.

    Bow Shot: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 20
    Damage: 1d8 ⇒ 2

    Grand Lodge

    Male Half-Elven Inquisitor Lvl 1 HP:9/9 | AC:14 | T:10 | FF:12 | CMD:14 | F:+2 | R:+2 | W+6 | Init:+4 | Perc:+10 | Sense Motive:+8

    Marchello quickly leans in and lets of a shot from his long bow through the door at the pod.

    Attack: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 2 = 19
    Damage: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3

    Grand Lodge

    Character Stats:
  • 21 HP
  • AC 18 (T 12 : FF 17)
  • Fort +8: Ref +4: Will +6
  • Initiative +1
  • Perception +8
  • Dwarf Cleric 1 / Ranger 1

    We have all learned to hate yellow...

    Taldor

    Fem (HP 19/19 | AC 16 | T 12 | FF 14 | CMD 15 | F +3 | R +4 | W +2 | Init +2 | Per +7) 1/2E Bar(Urban) 1, Brd(Dervish Dancer) 1
    Belegorn of Erastil wrote:
    We have all learned to hate yellow...

    LOL

    Andoran

    Fighter 4 (Two-Handed), HP 40/40, AC: 20/T: 13/FF: 17, Perception +1, F: +7/ R: +4/ W: +2, CMB: +8, CMD: 20, Speed: 20, Init: +4

    lol...later yellow!

    Andoran

    Male Half Elf - AC24() T12/F23/CMD19| Hp60/60 | Fort:+14;Ref:+10;Will+11 |Percept.+4| Init.+3. { } Paladin 7 (smite 0/3 used. Hands 3d6 5/10 used)

    Assuming Marchello's shot took it down...

    "Bravo! Great teamwork all."

    Omrax stows his longbow and re-equips his sword and shield and prepares to enter the room of the plant, ready to stab it if it so much as wiggles.

    Taldor

    Fem (HP 19/19 | AC 16 | T 12 | FF 14 | CMD 15 | F +3 | R +4 | W +2 | Init +2 | Per +7) 1/2E Bar(Urban) 1, Brd(Dervish Dancer) 1

    "Fin' a tarp; we should tarp it. Wit'out we make a lot of wind, 'kay?"

    Noa works with whoever to very slowly lower a tarp over the remains of the plant, then to move books or other objects onto the tarp around the edges, to more or less (very much less) seal it in.

    Andoran

    Male Half Elf - AC24() T12/F23/CMD19| Hp60/60 | Fort:+14;Ref:+10;Will+11 |Percept.+4| Init.+3. { } Paladin 7 (smite 0/3 used. Hands 3d6 5/10 used)

    Omrax looks into the library to see if the smoke has cleared any.

    Grand Lodge

    Character Stats:
  • 21 HP
  • AC 18 (T 12 : FF 17)
  • Fort +8: Ref +4: Will +6
  • Initiative +1
  • Perception +8
  • Dwarf Cleric 1 / Ranger 1

    Belegorn searches through the store room where the plant was.

    Perception take 20 if possible: 28


    The plant ruptures under the barrage. In the end it is pinned to the crate facing the door and oozing yellow sap. The tendrils continue to flail around for a moment but soon lay still. Noa covers the remains with her tarp while Belegorn starts opening crates and searching the room. Generally the boxes contain set dressing for past exhibits from around the world. The crates of material for Ancient Osirion do turn up one thing that catches his eye. Inside a dusty cobweb covered box you find a long tattered scroll labeled the scroll of the Ancient Pharaohs. At a quick glance it looks like it details the lineage of the ancient god-kings of from the lost history of Osirion as well as some notes about their holdings and resting places.

    Belegorn also notices that there is another door leading further on, but currently blocked off by stacks of crates.

    Omrax notes that the library is still noxious, but now that you are able to open two doors a little less so. It should be no problem to hold your breath for the short walk through the fumes to the next room.


    NOTE: The scenario specifically calls out that it takes 15 minutes of searching to find the scroll. Rather than wait until the end and then have you go back meticulously searching every room I'm going to assume you spent the time to find it now. Consider 15 minutes to have passed.

    Grand Lodge

    Character Stats:
  • 21 HP
  • AC 18 (T 12 : FF 17)
  • Fort +8: Ref +4: Will +6
  • Initiative +1
  • Perception +8
  • Dwarf Cleric 1 / Ranger 1

    Belegorn stuffs the scroll of Ancient Pharaohs in his pack.

    Well, it seems once again we are faced with the choice, left or right. I think I will let someone else choose the path this time. Belegorn states as he looks sadly at his hammer.

    Can we get an updated map?

    Andoran

    Fighter 4 (Two-Handed), HP 40/40, AC: 20/T: 13/FF: 17, Perception +1, F: +7/ R: +4/ W: +2, CMB: +8, CMD: 20, Speed: 20, Init: +4

    I will gladly lead the way, with some light.

    Taldor

    Fem (HP 19/19 | AC 16 | T 12 | FF 14 | CMD 15 | F +3 | R +4 | W +2 | Init +2 | Per +7) 1/2E Bar(Urban) 1, Brd(Dervish Dancer) 1

    "Jus' so long as we are mos'ly ready to do that again, ah?", Noa suggests, readying her sling in one hand, her halberd in the other, before picking up her borrowed lamp and moving it closer to the chosen door. Setting it down, she chimes, "Ready!"

    Grand Lodge

    Male Half-Elven Inquisitor Lvl 1 HP:9/9 | AC:14 | T:10 | FF:12 | CMD:14 | F:+2 | R:+2 | W+6 | Init:+4 | Perc:+10 | Sense Motive:+8

    "Ready to follow your lead."

    Silver Crusade

    M Human Oracle

    Mordecai grimly scrapes off some of the yellow gunk off his shield and holds it up again. "Ready."

    Andoran

    Male Half Elf - AC24() T12/F23/CMD19| Hp60/60 | Fort:+14;Ref:+10;Will+11 |Percept.+4| Init.+3. { } Paladin 7 (smite 0/3 used. Hands 3d6 5/10 used)

    "Ready. But which door? I recommend the one in the smokey room so we do not leave anything or anyone behind. I am not sure if the dead guard was heading in that direction for a reason."


    MAP

    It doesn't reveal anything new. Also- Nigel did tell you that the rooms in the basement split and then both lead to one bigger room. The only room remaining should be the Archives / Library.

    Taldor

    Fem (HP 19/19 | AC 16 | T 12 | FF 14 | CMD 15 | F +3 | R +4 | W +2 | Init +2 | Per +7) 1/2E Bar(Urban) 1, Brd(Dervish Dancer) 1

    I say we do our best to quietly move the crates at (negative)I,4 and then quietly see where the hopefully unused and forgotten door leads. Noa would say that in character, but I've got to crash for the night.

    Andoran

    Fighter 4 (Two-Handed), HP 40/40, AC: 20/T: 13/FF: 17, Perception +1, F: +7/ R: +4/ W: +2, CMB: +8, CMD: 20, Speed: 20, Init: +4

    I agree

    Jake moves to the door on the far Western wall of the room. After pushing aside some crates, he checks to see if the door is open.

    Noa, bring over the light, and lets see what is behind here.

    Taldor

    Fem (HP 19/19 | AC 16 | T 12 | FF 14 | CMD 15 | F +3 | R +4 | W +2 | Init +2 | Per +7) 1/2E Bar(Urban) 1, Brd(Dervish Dancer) 1

    "No no,no light", Noa hushes,"the Dwarf, firste"

    Grand Lodge

    Character Stats:
  • 21 HP
  • AC 18 (T 12 : FF 17)
  • Fort +8: Ref +4: Will +6
  • Initiative +1
  • Perception +8
  • Dwarf Cleric 1 / Ranger 1

    Belegorn grumbles something in Dwarven under his breath, and then approaches the door. He quietly opens the door just enough to get a look at the room with his darkvision, and then closes the door.

    Stealth: 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (19) - 2 = 17
    Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (8) + 8 = 16

    Andoran

    Fighter 4 (Two-Handed), HP 40/40, AC: 20/T: 13/FF: 17, Perception +1, F: +7/ R: +4/ W: +2, CMB: +8, CMD: 20, Speed: 20, Init: +4

    Jake steps aside, allowing belegorn the opportunity to peek inside before advancing, but he hefts his greatsword in preparation.


    Belegorn barely has time to open the door more than foot when there is a deafening shriek-whistle from just inside the next room. Until he closes the door it is so loud that none of you could possibly hear another speak. In that brief moment his impression was that the air in the next room was thick, damp and stale. There were a couple of bookcases that he could see and both were growing shelf-like mushrooms with molds spread out along the wood and the floor as far as he could see was covered in some kind of wet slick looking growth.

    The piercing shriek goes on for a little more than a ten count before abruptly ending.

    Kn Dungeoneering
    1d3 ⇒ 2

    Andoran

    Fighter 4 (Two-Handed), HP 40/40, AC: 20/T: 13/FF: 17, Perception +1, F: +7/ R: +4/ W: +2, CMB: +8, CMD: 20, Speed: 20, Init: +4

    We need to find some candles. We can use the wax to plug our ears.

    Andoran

    Male Half Elf - AC24() T12/F23/CMD19| Hp60/60 | Fort:+14;Ref:+10;Will+11 |Percept.+4| Init.+3. { } Paladin 7 (smite 0/3 used. Hands 3d6 5/10 used)

    "WHAT DID YOU SAY? Oh sorry, yes that is a good idea."

    Omrax will go look in other reading room unless someone already has a candle.

    Taldor

    Fem (HP 19/19 | AC 16 | T 12 | FF 14 | CMD 15 | F +3 | R +4 | W +2 | Init +2 | Per +7) 1/2E Bar(Urban) 1, Brd(Dervish Dancer) 1

    "I don' think we wanna go in there. If it's the same room, an' it's supposed to be, we can use the other door. I'm willing to open this one again, just the same time you all are ready to try the next one. If they are smart, in there, maybe they think we're all going that way. Could give you an advantage. An' if they ain't smart, shouldn' hurt. An' I promise to run to meet you, real fast..."

    Noa tries to figure out placement for a single lantern to light most of the path from the -I,4 door to the other entrance. Perhaps lighting wall lanterns is her solution.

    Andoran

    Fighter 4 (Two-Handed), HP 40/40, AC: 20/T: 13/FF: 17, Perception +1, F: +7/ R: +4/ W: +2, CMB: +8, CMD: 20, Speed: 20, Init: +4

    Again, let's just plug our ears and go in to destroy whatever is making that awful noise. No need for complicating things.

    Grand Lodge

    Character Stats:
  • 21 HP
  • AC 18 (T 12 : FF 17)
  • Fort +8: Ref +4: Will +6
  • Initiative +1
  • Perception +8
  • Dwarf Cleric 1 / Ranger 1

    So mush for the element of Surprise. Anyone know what that was?

    Did I not see anything I would classify as a foe?

    Taldor

    Fem (HP 19/19 | AC 16 | T 12 | FF 14 | CMD 15 | F +3 | R +4 | W +2 | Init +2 | Per +7) 1/2E Bar(Urban) 1, Brd(Dervish Dancer) 1

    "I don' know, I din' see anything. But it don' hurt if we are back from it. So open the door, an' we all do what we jus' did before." Noa hefts her loaded sling as punctuation. "Then we can get light on it, maybe somebody knows it, then."

    Silver Crusade

    M Human Oracle

    Mordecai mutters a curse and vainly looks around for something to stopper his ears; giving up, he shoulders his shield again. "Once more, if we must... though I feel I'm never going to get this headache out of me."

    Grand Lodge

    Male Half-Elven Inquisitor Lvl 1 HP:9/9 | AC:14 | T:10 | FF:12 | CMD:14 | F:+2 | R:+2 | W+6 | Init:+4 | Perc:+10 | Sense Motive:+8

    "Hmmm ... with what we've seen thus far I'm concerned about the mold and spores that might be in that room ... and what they might do to us, rushing in might be a mistake. Then again, we didn't see any direct threats."

    Andoran

    Male Half Elf - AC24() T12/F23/CMD19| Hp60/60 | Fort:+14;Ref:+10;Will+11 |Percept.+4| Init.+3. { } Paladin 7 (smite 0/3 used. Hands 3d6 5/10 used)

    Omrax returns from the smokey room with chunks of candle wax and holds it out for anyone interested....

    "I found this on the third candelabra in the smokey room. I remembered seeing a bunch of wax when we searched it earlier."

    Omrax stuffs some of the wax in each of his ears and readies his sword and board...

    Taldor

    Fem (HP 19/19 | AC 16 | T 12 | FF 14 | CMD 15 | F +3 | R +4 | W +2 | Init +2 | Per +7) 1/2E Bar(Urban) 1, Brd(Dervish Dancer) 1

    Noa lays a hand on Omrax' arm, and asks the unstoppered others, "Are we charging in, or staying back and shooting whatever comes, and letting light and patience inform us? Because you know... both could be fun." She smiles.

    whatever is decided, Noa will try to pantomime to Omrax the plan. Although gathered missle-equipped allies might be a hint.

    Andoran

    Fighter 4 (Two-Handed), HP 40/40, AC: 20/T: 13/FF: 17, Perception +1, F: +7/ R: +4/ W: +2, CMB: +8, CMD: 20, Speed: 20, Init: +4

    Let's open the door, and move in quckly to discern the threat.

    Jake nods to Omrax, then plugs his ears. He then moves to put a hand on the door, and he waits until the others are prepared ebfore flinging open the door.

    Perception: 1d20 ⇒ 16

    Taldor

    Fem (HP 19/19 | AC 16 | T 12 | FF 14 | CMD 15 | F +3 | R +4 | W +2 | Init +2 | Per +7) 1/2E Bar(Urban) 1, Brd(Dervish Dancer) 1

    Noa does not plug her ears, nor charge in. She takes position 30' from the door, her sling ready, and watches the other entrances to this room. We aren't the only ones who might be circling...

    Grand Lodge

    Male Half-Elven Inquisitor Lvl 1 HP:9/9 | AC:14 | T:10 | FF:12 | CMD:14 | F:+2 | R:+2 | W+6 | Init:+4 | Perc:+10 | Sense Motive:+8

    Marchello opts for the wax and plugs his ears, he casts guidance on himself and each of those around him and stands ready to charge into the room with his mace when the door is open. "Jake, Omrax, I'll be right behind you - plan on running in and to the right. Ready when we all are."

    Grand Lodge

    Character Stats:
  • 21 HP
  • AC 18 (T 12 : FF 17)
  • Fort +8: Ref +4: Will +6
  • Initiative +1
  • Perception +8
  • Dwarf Cleric 1 / Ranger 1

    Well, we could go at both doors at once. Hit them with a pincer move.

    I will casts Guidance as well before entering the room.

    Andoran

    Male Half Elf - AC24() T12/F23/CMD19| Hp60/60 | Fort:+14;Ref:+10;Will+11 |Percept.+4| Init.+3. { } Paladin 7 (smite 0/3 used. Hands 3d6 5/10 used)

    Omrax nods back to Sir Jake and Sir Marchello and is ready to enter the room and find the source of the noise or hostiles and attack as quickly as possible.

    Not sure if Belegorn is at the other door with Noa etc for the pincer move n shoot or in the room with the three of us.

    Taldor

    Fem (HP 19/19 | AC 16 | T 12 | FF 14 | CMD 15 | F +3 | R +4 | W +2 | Init +2 | Per +7) 1/2E Bar(Urban) 1, Brd(Dervish Dancer) 1

    I do not favor splitting the party. Even when I suggested it, it was only to open the door and then run to rejoin. But if Belegorn or the GM judge it to have gone so, Noa would have supported Belegorn, as she had said before, he's the closest thing to a native guide they have. Assuming for now we're all together, Noa is using her sling, playing Overwatch. If she's with Belegorn, pretty much the same.

    Grand Lodge

    Character Stats:
  • 21 HP
  • AC 18 (T 12 : FF 17)
  • Fort +8: Ref +4: Will +6
  • Initiative +1
  • Perception +8
  • Dwarf Cleric 1 / Ranger 1

    Belegorn will pull out his bow and provide cover fire with Noa.

    351 to 400 of 643 << first < prev | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | next > last >>
    Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Ith's Voice in the Void PFS pbp All Messageboards

    Want to post a reply? Sign in.

    ©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.