Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

Ith's Voice in the Void (PFS) (Inactive)

Game Master ithuriel


301 to 350 of 643 << first < prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | next > last >>
Qadira

Character Stats:
  • 21 HP
  • AC 18 (T 12 : FF 17)
  • Fort +8: Ref +4: Will +6
  • Initiative +1
  • Perception +8
  • Dwarf Cleric 1 / Ranger 1

    There's something in the far corner that looks suspicious, be on your guard.

    Kn Nature: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9

    Andoran

    Male Half Elf - AC24() T12/F23/CMD19| Hp 41/60 | Fort:+14;Ref:+10;Will+11 |Percept.+4| Init.+3. { smite} Paladin 7 (smite 3/3 used. Hands 3d6 3/10 used)

    Omrax quietly moves 20' into the room (with sunrod to G3) and readies himself to attack any thing that moves in range that appears hostile.

    Andoran

    Fighter 4 (Two-Handed), HP 37/40, AC: 20/T: 13/FF: 17, Perception +1, F: +7/ R: +4/ W: +2, CMB: +8, CMD: 20, Speed: 20, Init: +4

    Round 1, HP: 21/22, AC: 18

    As the room is bathed in additional light, Jake also moves forward 20ft with his Greatsword drawn to F5.

    Grand Lodge

    Male Half-Elven Inquisitor Lvl 1 HP:9/9 | AC:14 | T:10 | FF:12 | CMD:14 | F:+2 | R:+2 | W+6 | Init:+4 | Perc:+10 | Sense Motive:+8

    Marchello follows the others lead and advances, flanking Omrax at G3.


    The warriors creep forward into the the storage room and across the room the blood splattered museum display silently steps down off its pedestal.

    Init: Marchello, Omrax, Mordecai, Noa, Museum Display, Jake, Belegorn
    Noa and then the owlbear.

    Silver Crusade

    M Human Oracle

    Mordecai makes stands tall and raises his shield up, free hand ready to cast.

    Total Defence.

    Taldor

    Fem (HP 19/19 | AC 16 | T 12 | FF 14 | CMD 15 | F +3 | R +4 | W +2 | Init +2 | Per +7) 1/2E Bar(Urban) 1, Brd(Dervish Dancer) 1

    short for time, sorry

    Noa will sling a bullet at the thing. She doesn't quite believe this scene.

    d20+3 to hit, d4+2 damage
    1d20 + 3 ⇒ (16) + 3 = 19
    1d4 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6

    Grand Lodge

    Male Half-Elven Inquisitor Lvl 1 HP:9/9 | AC:14 | T:10 | FF:12 | CMD:14 | F:+2 | R:+2 | W+6 | Init:+4 | Perc:+10 | Sense Motive:+8

    Marchello charges at the beast, raising his mace high above his head and bringing it down on top of it.

    Attack, charging: 1d20 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 3 + 2 = 14
    Damage: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3


    Omrax boldly strides in with his shield radiating light through the room and the team springs into action piling in behind him....

    The feathered bear also comes to life in response to the intrusion and steps down off its pedestal silently lumbering forward to snap its beak at the paladin. Noa releases the sling twirling around her head and the bullet punches a hole all the way through the thing trying to devour Omrax. Its feathered hide writhes and several beetles swarm out of the wound, crawling and flying away.

    Original Init: Marchello, Omrax, Mordecai, Noa, Museum Display, Jake, Belegorn

    This round was a little confusing to sort out because people had lined up actions to attack something they couldn't yet see. This is my best attempt at sorting it out:
    Marchello - Delay
    Omrax to G3, Readied to attack
    Mordecai - Total Defense
    Noa - Move to get line of sight, fire sling
    Owlbear - Move / Attack (No Reach, triggers Omrax)
    Bite 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 18 vs Omrax = miss
    Omrax - Attack
    Marchello - Off Delay, can't charge (path blocked by allies), but moves and attacks.
    Jake - ?
    Belegorn - ?

    New Init: Mordecai, Noa, Museum Display, Omrax, Marchello, Jake, Belegorn

    Noa> I'll assume you had your sling preloaded and your halberd stowed, but note you'll need to put your lantern down to reload and had to move in order to see and target the critter this time.

    Omrax> your triggered attack kicks in. Roll it up!

    Taldor

    Fem (HP 19/19 | AC 16 | T 12 | FF 14 | CMD 15 | F +3 | R +4 | W +2 | Init +2 | Per +7) 1/2E Bar(Urban) 1, Brd(Dervish Dancer) 1
    DM Ithuriel wrote:
    Noa> I'll assume you had your sling preloaded and your halberd stowed, but note you'll need to put your lantern down to reload and had to move in order to see and target the critter this time.

    All fair. She usually loads her sling (which can be fired, but not loaded, one-handed), and then carries something useful in her other hand. The plan is usually one sling shot, then engage.

    Qadira

    Character Stats:
  • 21 HP
  • AC 18 (T 12 : FF 17)
  • Fort +8: Ref +4: Will +6
  • Initiative +1
  • Perception +8
  • Dwarf Cleric 1 / Ranger 1

    I was waiting for the Owlbear to act before I decided what to do.

    Seeing that his allies are between him and his target, Belegorn pulls out his Longhammer and swings at the newfound foe.
    Attack: 1d20 + 4 - 2 ⇒ (14) + 4 - 2 = 16
    Damage: 2d6 + 4 - 2 ⇒ (3, 6) + 4 - 2 = 11

    Andoran

    Fighter 4 (Two-Handed), HP 37/40, AC: 20/T: 13/FF: 17, Perception +1, F: +7/ R: +4/ W: +2, CMB: +8, CMD: 20, Speed: 20, Init: +4

    Hold on a second, I posted for my first round action that I moved up past to Omrax into F5 with my Greatsword drawn. I too was then waiting for the Owlbear to attack as it was before me in initiative order. Where is the Owlbear on the map? Coordinates? I assume this means that I can now attack? Do I have a flanking possibility?

    Round 2, HP: 21/22, AC: 18, Power Attack, Furious Focus

    GS ATT: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (2) + 8 = 10
    GS DAM: 2d6 + 4 + 3 ⇒ (1, 6) + 4 + 3 = 14


    Jake>. You posted that you would move to those coordinates but you are next to last in Init. This is round one. All of the above happens before you ever have an opportunity to move in during that first round.
    I can't pull up a map now (typing this via phone as I rock the baby back to sleep), but the owlbear is diagonally SW from Omrax who is in G3. If you can get there with a move action I'll use your rolls as an attack in round 1.

    Qadira

    Character Stats:
  • 21 HP
  • AC 18 (T 12 : FF 17)
  • Fort +8: Ref +4: Will +6
  • Initiative +1
  • Perception +8
  • Dwarf Cleric 1 / Ranger 1

    Good to know. Belegorn strikes from H5

    Andoran

    Fighter 4 (Two-Handed), HP 37/40, AC: 20/T: 13/FF: 17, Perception +1, F: +7/ R: +4/ W: +2, CMB: +8, CMD: 20, Speed: 20, Init: +4

    Sounds good...thanks. I will strike from G4.

    Andoran

    Male Half Elf - AC24() T12/F23/CMD19| Hp 41/60 | Fort:+14;Ref:+10;Will+11 |Percept.+4| Init.+3. { smite} Paladin 7 (smite 3/3 used. Hands 3d6 3/10 used)

    Omrax stares into the edge of the darkness, sees the large furry critter approach and decides it looks hostile enough, and takes a swing...

    "Get back you overgrown, moth eaten fur bag!"

    Attack with Longsword 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15
    for 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6 slashing damage (if hits)

    Andoran

    Male Half Elf - AC24() T12/F23/CMD19| Hp 41/60 | Fort:+14;Ref:+10;Will+11 |Percept.+4| Init.+3. { smite} Paladin 7 (smite 3/3 used. Hands 3d6 3/10 used)

    Speaking of init, would Omrax go before the critter or after due to the readied action?
    Just trying to determine if I will get another swing before it mauls me into tiny parts.

    Qadira

    Character Stats:
  • 21 HP
  • AC 18 (T 12 : FF 17)
  • Fort +8: Ref +4: Will +6
  • Initiative +1
  • Perception +8
  • Dwarf Cleric 1 / Ranger 1

    You would go before.

    Grand Lodge

    Male Half-Elven Inquisitor Lvl 1 HP:9/9 | AC:14 | T:10 | FF:12 | CMD:14 | F:+2 | R:+2 | W+6 | Init:+4 | Perc:+10 | Sense Motive:+8

    Hey I'm not exactly sure where we are - is it my move?

    Silver Crusade

    M Human Oracle

    Mordecai maintains his stance, scanning his allies carefully should they come under assault.

    Continuing total defence

    Qadira

    Character Stats:
  • 21 HP
  • AC 18 (T 12 : FF 17)
  • Fort +8: Ref +4: Will +6
  • Initiative +1
  • Perception +8
  • Dwarf Cleric 1 / Ranger 1

    Nope, we are at the top of the order. Next up is Noa, Omrax, and then the Owlbear. After that it’s Marchello, Jake, and myself to finish off round 2.

    Taldor

    Fem (HP 19/19 | AC 16 | T 12 | FF 14 | CMD 15 | F +3 | R +4 | W +2 | Init +2 | Per +7) 1/2E Bar(Urban) 1, Brd(Dervish Dancer) 1

    sorry to delay

    Noa will take round to do as much of this as possible, in this priority and order:

    Set down the lamp

    Scan the room for anyone flanking us or similar. (Hollow stuffed beetle-bus owlbear is odd) Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 21

    (assuming nothing sighted) drop sling, ready halberd while moving to the battle line, flank if possible

    (assuming hostile sighted) load sling, call out hostile

    I think that uses a whole turn. Let me know if I have 'change' still to spend.


    Last part of Round 1

    Omrax hacks into the owlbear when it charges him, but the sword mostly slashes through dry fur that crumples around his blade without doing much to stop the beast. Marchello rushes to his aid, edging in between the beast an an enormous dinosaur, but is unable to connect. Jake slashes down in an attempt to behead the thing, but is surprised when it rears up on its hind legs avoiding his blade. Belegorn's hammer, however, slams down crushing bone and causing the beast's shoulder to cave in. It doesn't seem to mind.

    Beginning of Round 2

    Mordecai bides his time monitoring his allies ready to step in should they need help. Noa sets her lantern down and scans the room, the hall behind the them and the owlbear itself. There doesn't appear to be any other imminent threat, but beetles continue to fly away or crawl over the dead hide of the stuffed beast with every blow. She drops her sling reaching for her halberd.

    Round 2 Init: Mordecai, Noa, Omrax, Museum Display, Marchello, Jake, Belegorn

    Yeah- I got delayed in RL last night during my attempted post.
    FYI- I anticipate this being my first free weekend in six weeks. If folks are around I'll take advantage and pick up the pace.

    Noa> This is my interpretation:
    Set down lantern (move- rather than dropping it as a free)
    Perception check (move - as per skill description for deliberate searches)
    Drop sling (free)
    If you want to 'drop' the lantern from hand to ground, that is free. Then you could draw the halberd as part of a move and get to a threat range, but not flank as far as I can tell.


    MAP

    Taldor

    Fem (HP 19/19 | AC 16 | T 12 | FF 14 | CMD 15 | F +3 | R +4 | W +2 | Init +2 | Per +7) 1/2E Bar(Urban) 1, Brd(Dervish Dancer) 1

    People are going to talk about Noa... She's now thinking the beetles are puppetting the owlbear, see... and she's going to pick back up the lantern, and try to set it on fire. Perhaps thankfully, she can't do it just NOW...

    "I don' thin' it's the owlbear you're fightin', I thin' it's the beetles. Anyone got a better idea than more fire?"

    Qadira

    Character Stats:
  • 21 HP
  • AC 18 (T 12 : FF 17)
  • Fort +8: Ref +4: Will +6
  • Initiative +1
  • Perception +8
  • Dwarf Cleric 1 / Ranger 1

    Kn Nature: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 17
    Do I know if these beetles are a natural infestation of the Owlbear's fur or something else unusual?

    Andoran

    Male Half Elf - AC24() T12/F23/CMD19| Hp 41/60 | Fort:+14;Ref:+10;Will+11 |Percept.+4| Init.+3. { smite} Paladin 7 (smite 3/3 used. Hands 3d6 3/10 used)

    Omrax looks at the puny scratch his longsword made in the owlbear, then looks at the hole that Noa and Belegorn put into the creature.

    "Belegorn, I really need to buy myself one of those!" Pointing to the dwarf's large hammer.

    He shrugs and swings with a bit more oomphf for effect -

    "Back to the grave you foul beast!" Longsword 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 20 for 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11 slashing damage (if hits)

    If the beast is still standing, he readies himself for the pain he is sure will come.


    Belegorn - from the green coloring they look like Osirion beetles. Not native to Absalom. Harmless at this size.


    Omrax manages to crunch bone through sheer force with his sword deforming the owlbear's ribcage. It lashes out with long black talons and beak battering the paladin, but his armor deflects the worst of it.

    Claw 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16
    Claw 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23 Damage 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4
    Bite 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9

    Round 2: Marchello, Jake and Belegorn, then Round 3 Mordecai, Noa, Omrax

    Andoran

    Fighter 4 (Two-Handed), HP 37/40, AC: 20/T: 13/FF: 17, Perception +1, F: +7/ R: +4/ W: +2, CMB: +8, CMD: 20, Speed: 20, Init: +4

    Round 3, HP: 21/22, AC: 18, Power Attack, Furious Focus

    GS ATT: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (15) + 8 = 23
    GS DAM: 2d6 + 4 + 3 ⇒ (6, 3) + 4 + 3 = 16

    Qadira

    Character Stats:
  • 21 HP
  • AC 18 (T 12 : FF 17)
  • Fort +8: Ref +4: Will +6
  • Initiative +1
  • Perception +8
  • Dwarf Cleric 1 / Ranger 1

    Nah Noa, Beatles can infest creatures such as this, given where this exhibit came from. I'm fairly sure it's the Owlbear we are fighting, and we could use your help any time now!

    Hammer Blow: 1d20 + 4 - 2 ⇒ (5) + 4 - 2 = 7, miss

    5 foot step to H6.

    Taldor

    Fem (HP 19/19 | AC 16 | T 12 | FF 14 | CMD 15 | F +3 | R +4 | W +2 | Init +2 | Per +7) 1/2E Bar(Urban) 1, Brd(Dervish Dancer) 1

    "No' the beetles, eh? Then, Stan' back!"

    Noa moves to G5, readying the halberd, and Power Attacks the puppet.

    to hit +2 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3
    damage (if hit) d10+6 1d10 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7

    go ahead, you know you want to laugh... :)


    Stop trying to lop Jake's ear off!

    Taldor

    Fem (HP 19/19 | AC 16 | T 12 | FF 14 | CMD 15 | F +3 | R +4 | W +2 | Init +2 | Per +7) 1/2E Bar(Urban) 1, Brd(Dervish Dancer) 1
    DM Ithuriel wrote:
    Stop trying to lop Jake's ear off!

    She DID say, "Stan' back!"

    :)

    Andoran

    Male Half Elf - AC24() T12/F23/CMD19| Hp 41/60 | Fort:+14;Ref:+10;Will+11 |Percept.+4| Init.+3. { smite} Paladin 7 (smite 3/3 used. Hands 3d6 3/10 used)

    Round 3, HP: 8/12, AC: 22 Fighting Defensively

    Omrax winces at the gash in his side and steels himself for another strike at the creature.

    Longsword: 1d20 + 4 - 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 - 4 = 7 for 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9 slashing damage (if hits)

    Grand Lodge

    Male Half-Elven Inquisitor Lvl 1 HP:9/9 | AC:14 | T:10 | FF:12 | CMD:14 | F:+2 | R:+2 | W+6 | Init:+4 | Perc:+10 | Sense Motive:+8

    ROUND 3, HP 9/9, AC 14

    Marchello raises his mace high above his head attempting to bring it down into the beast's shoulder with all his might.

    Attack: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5
    Damage: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7 +2 damage if it happens to be undead

    But his efforts are in vain as he whifs on the strike, finding only air and scattering beetles.

    Andoran

    Fighter 4 (Two-Handed), HP 37/40, AC: 20/T: 13/FF: 17, Perception +1, F: +7/ R: +4/ W: +2, CMB: +8, CMD: 20, Speed: 20, Init: +4

    LOL - jeez...I hope what you guys have is not contagious to my dice roller.


    I don't know that this matters, but just to clarify-
    Marchello, Jake and Belegorn have just posted their actions for the end of round 2, not round 3. Mordecai, Noa and Omrax are posting for the beginning of Round 3.


    Jake swings his sword through one broad half circle at full strength and manages to actually cleave the thing in half when he severs its spine. A swarm of iridescent green beetles take flight and scatter through the room spreading out and landing on things or flying through the open door. The owlbear appears to have lost the force of whatever was animating it and lies still on the floor as the stuffed exhibit it once was.

    Omrax> Ignore the damage I posted for you above on the full attack. I had an incorrect damage tally going and you should have killed it on your round 2 attack. It is extra dead now ;)

    Taldor

    Fem (HP 19/19 | AC 16 | T 12 | FF 14 | CMD 15 | F +3 | R +4 | W +2 | Init +2 | Per +7) 1/2E Bar(Urban) 1, Brd(Dervish Dancer) 1

    Noa pokes at the hollowed owlbear with her halberd. "They ain' nothing here... I tol' you, it's the beetles. We gon' have to fight everthin'...?"

    Grand Lodge

    Male Half-Elven Inquisitor Lvl 1 HP:9/9 | AC:14 | T:10 | FF:12 | CMD:14 | F:+2 | R:+2 | W+6 | Init:+4 | Perc:+10 | Sense Motive:+8

    Marchello shakes his head in dismay as he acknowledges Noa's comment. "What sort of magic casued this, and who or what was behind it?

    He them begins a detailed search of the room, keeping an eye out for any concealed doors or traps.

    Perception: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (20) + 10 = 30

    Qadira

    Character Stats:
  • 21 HP
  • AC 18 (T 12 : FF 17)
  • Fort +8: Ref +4: Will +6
  • Initiative +1
  • Perception +8
  • Dwarf Cleric 1 / Ranger 1

    See, why can't we roll nat 20s in combat!? Marchello's search is very detailed.

    Grand Lodge

    Male Half-Elven Inquisitor Lvl 1 HP:9/9 | AC:14 | T:10 | FF:12 | CMD:14 | F:+2 | R:+2 | W+6 | Init:+4 | Perc:+10 | Sense Motive:+8

    Heck I can't roll like that anytime I really need it.

    Taldor

    Fem (HP 19/19 | AC 16 | T 12 | FF 14 | CMD 15 | F +3 | R +4 | W +2 | Init +2 | Per +7) 1/2E Bar(Urban) 1, Brd(Dervish Dancer) 1

    "They do that again, I'ma set it on fire, maybe kill some beetles, But we don' wanna wait for them to find another puppet. Let's move,"


    The other exhibits in storage include several dinosaurs, a chimera and a giant version of some type of beetle all blessedly inanimate. There are also a couple of funerary displays. One is the skeleton of an ancient dwarven warrior laid out in state in armor long since rotted to fragile scraps and covered by a rusted shield with corroded metal spikes. His coffin has a new brass plate affixed to it reading "Tar Taargadth: Defender of the Five Kings"

    The other body has been preserved somewhat with dry leathery skin stretched taut across his bones. His clothing looks like some kind of older military formal dress and there is a golden brooch pinned to his chest depicting a lion's head wearing a crown. The brass plate on his coffin looks quite new and reads "Sir Galitian Maramaxus: Hero of Taldor's Fourth Army of Exploration"

    The remaining door exiting this room should bring you back to the storage room with the yellow pod.

    Grand Lodge

    Male Half-Elven Inquisitor Lvl 1 HP:9/9 | AC:14 | T:10 | FF:12 | CMD:14 | F:+2 | R:+2 | W+6 | Init:+4 | Perc:+10 | Sense Motive:+8

    Marchello casts detect magic, focusing on the golden brooch most of all.


    Nothing.

    Qadira

    Character Stats:
  • 21 HP
  • AC 18 (T 12 : FF 17)
  • Fort +8: Ref +4: Will +6
  • Initiative +1
  • Perception +8
  • Dwarf Cleric 1 / Ranger 1

    Ok, time to deal with this plant once and for all!

    Taldor

    Fem (HP 19/19 | AC 16 | T 12 | FF 14 | CMD 15 | F +3 | R +4 | W +2 | Init +2 | Per +7) 1/2E Bar(Urban) 1, Brd(Dervish Dancer) 1

    "We can take it in turns, everyone shoots from here, until it comes close. And then we shut the door, and go back to the other door...", Noa says from beside the body of Maramaxus. To herself, but openly, she then says, "So, at least they have not just thrown you into a box on a shelf. It would be a great shame, to have the beetles upon you. Before we go, I will get you a tarp. It is all I know to do, I am sorry."

    Calling to the rest of the party, she asks, "Do I have time to get tarps? One for the plant, and one for Maramaxus, who does no' deserve beetles." But she is already in motion. "One for the dwarf, Belegorn?", she calls back.

    Returning with two (or three)folded tarps, Noa tosses one toward the door the party will be using, and then carefully, gently, respectfully drapes the other over Maramaxus' body, tucking the tarp in what she hopes is a beetle-proof way. (She will then help Belegorn, if he had wished a tarp for the dwarf.)

    Ithuriel:
    ...and she totally takes the medal. Only she doesn't have any Sleight of Hand, so it's hoped nobody else cares what the crazy gypsy is doing. :)

    Qadira

    Character Stats:
  • 21 HP
  • AC 18 (T 12 : FF 17)
  • Fort +8: Ref +4: Will +6
  • Initiative +1
  • Perception +8
  • Dwarf Cleric 1 / Ranger 1

    Belegorn covers the honorable Dwarf's remains in a respectful manor.

    He readies his bow once more and prepares for the inevitable assault.

    Casting Guidance before the door is opened.

    301 to 350 of 643 << first < prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | next > last >>
    Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Ith's Voice in the Void PFS pbp All Messageboards

    Want to post a reply? Sign in.

    ©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.