Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

Ith's Voice in the Void (PFS) (Inactive)

Game Master ithuriel


251 to 300 of 643 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | next > last >>

You guys can preroll the rest of this attacks if you like and I'll sort it out when I get home this evening.

Taldor

Fem (HP 19/19 | AC 16 | T 12 | FF 14 | CMD 15 | F +3 | R +4 | W +2 | Init +2 | Per +7) 1/2E Bar(Urban) 1, Brd(Dervish Dancer) 1
DM Ithuriel wrote:
You guys can preroll the rest of this attacks if you like and I'll sort it out when I get home this evening.

Yeah, come on guys, I got the '1's out of the way!

Andoran

Fighter 4 (Two-Handed), HP 37/40, AC: 20/T: 13/FF: 17, Perception +1, F: +7/ R: +4/ W: +2, CMB: +8, CMD: 20, Speed: 20, Init: +4

Jake pulls open the door and stands to the side just inside with his back to the wall and eyes on his companions firing into the room in the event that he needs to slam the door again and restrain one of them.

Andoran

Male Half Elf - AC24() T12/F23/CMD19| Hp 41/60 | Fort:+14;Ref:+10;Will+11 |Percept.+4| Init.+3. { smite} Paladin 7 (smite 3/3 used. Hands 3d6 3/10 used)

Omrax fires from one side of the open door
longbow, bless: 1d20 + 1 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 + 1 + 1 = 11
damage: 1d8 ⇒ 4

Qadira

Character Stats:
  • 21 HP
  • AC 18 (T 12 : FF 17)
  • Fort +8: Ref +4: Will +6
  • Initiative +1
  • Perception +8
  • Dwarf Cleric 1 / Ranger 1

    Belegorn aims to shoot the thing that covered him in yellow. I hate yellow.
    Longbow Attack: 1d20 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 3 + 1 = 21
    Damage: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9

    Grand Lodge

    Male Half-Elven Inquisitor Lvl 1 HP:9/9 | AC:14 | T:10 | FF:12 | CMD:14 | F:+2 | R:+2 | W+6 | Init:+4 | Perc:+10 | Sense Motive:+8

    Marchello nods in agreement with his party members. He casts Guidance on himslef, grabs his longbow and draws an arrow from his quiver. He pulls back on the arrow and readies for his shot.

    Attack (guidance and bless): 1d20 + 1 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 1 + 1 + 2 = 10

    Damage: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9

    Taldor

    Fem (HP 19/19 | AC 16 | T 12 | FF 14 | CMD 15 | F +3 | R +4 | W +2 | Init +2 | Per +7) 1/2E Bar(Urban) 1, Brd(Dervish Dancer) 1

    Apparently, the key is to hate yellow.

    I wonder if our lanterns are painted green?


    Jake pulls open the door and stands to the side just inside with his back to the wall and eyes on his companions firing into the room in the event that he needs to slam the door again and restrain one of them.

    Omrax looses an arrow the second the door swings wide enough, but it thunks into the crates the pod is clinging to. The tentacled pod immediately returns the favor by spraying a jet of yellow spores at him. Marchello quickly fires, but also hits a crate rather than the pod.

    Noa winds up her sling but botches the release and the bullet flies off wildly to the left rather than into the room. Belegorn's bow flies a little more true, puncturing and pinning the pod to the crates.

    Init: Omrax, Pod, Marchello, Noa, Belegorn, Jake, Mordecai

    Will save from Omrax. Jake can now have a readied action to close the door if he wants, and any of those who haven't gone can jump in with other actions if they like. Otherwise Round 2 after Omrax's save.

    GM Screen:

    Spoiler:

    Init
    Pod 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 17
    Noa 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 13
    Jake 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5
    Mordecai 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (4) + 0 = 4
    Belegorn 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 1 = 13
    Marchello 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15
    Omrax 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 23
    Pod Target: Noa = 1, Omrax = 2, Belegorn = 3
    1d3 ⇒ 2
    Ranged Touch 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 19

    Qadira

    Character Stats:
  • 21 HP
  • AC 18 (T 12 : FF 17)
  • Fort +8: Ref +4: Will +6
  • Initiative +1
  • Perception +8
  • Dwarf Cleric 1 / Ranger 1

    Assuming everything is the same, Round 2:

    Bow Shot: 1d20 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 3 + 1 = 16
    Damage: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3

    And I still hate Yellow, but apparently my anger seems to be fading.

    Grand Lodge

    Male Half-Elven Inquisitor Lvl 1 HP:9/9 | AC:14 | T:10 | FF:12 | CMD:14 | F:+2 | R:+2 | W+6 | Init:+4 | Perc:+10 | Sense Motive:+8

    Marchello winces at the errant shot. He quickly reloads, aims and fires another arrow.

    Attack: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 20
    Damage: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3

    Taldor

    Fem (HP 19/19 | AC 16 | T 12 | FF 14 | CMD 15 | F +3 | R +4 | W +2 | Init +2 | Per +7) 1/2E Bar(Urban) 1, Brd(Dervish Dancer) 1

    were we not going to be well back of the door? How far is it spraying the pollen? Spores? Anyway, how far?

    reload sling, back up some, and try again
    d20+4 to hit 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9
    d4+2 bullet 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5

    Andoran

    Fighter 4 (Two-Handed), HP 37/40, AC: 20/T: 13/FF: 17, Perception +1, F: +7/ R: +4/ W: +2, CMB: +8, CMD: 20, Speed: 20, Init: +4

    Jake eyes Omrax, and after the second shots, he prepares to restrain him and will slam the door if he takes on the prior actions of Belegorn.

    Is it dead?

    Silver Crusade

    M Human Oracle

    Mordecai raises his shield and lets his comrades go to work.

    Total Defence

    Andoran

    Male Half Elf - AC24() T12/F23/CMD19| Hp 41/60 | Fort:+14;Ref:+10;Will+11 |Percept.+4| Init.+3. { smite} Paladin 7 (smite 3/3 used. Hands 3d6 3/10 used)

    Omrax tries to shake off the yellow spores

    will save,see below: 1d20 ⇒ 2
    Immune sleep; Resist Elven Immunities
    +2 trait bonus vs charm and compulsion effects
    +2 save vs enchantments

    if still able, will fire again...

    longbow, bless: 1d20 + 1 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 + 1 + 1 = 6
    damage: 1d8 ⇒ 5

    you know, I thought I really hated yellow, but right now I think it is really nice.


    Hmm. I was just kind of assuming you all could fire, but were within 30 feet. Now that I'm looking to see if you could get out of range I see that your options are limited. This room has six pillars and they are going to prevent you from standing in some squares and block line of sight for others. Additionally, only being on the back wall puts you out of range (not that you know exactly what its range is IC). And after it moves one square (which it would have needed to do to see a target) you are all back in range.

    Also this leaves someone standing next to the still burning corpse of the guard.

    The pod detaches itself from the crates and begins dragging itself forward toward the door on its vines before spraying Omrax.

    Round 2 Init: Omrax, Pod, Marchello, Noa, Belegorn, Jake, Mordecai

    Omrax lowers his bow without a word and begins shuffling toward the open door.

    Let's pause round 2 there before resolving any more actions. Jakes sees Omrax going for the door and has a readied action. He can close and block the door if he wants. Otherwise Omrax has enough move to get into the other room. Closing the door will prevent any of the other attacks from being executed, but may save Omrax.

    Taldor

    Fem (HP 19/19 | AC 16 | T 12 | FF 14 | CMD 15 | F +3 | R +4 | W +2 | Init +2 | Per +7) 1/2E Bar(Urban) 1, Brd(Dervish Dancer) 1

    We had a plan, we should stick with it. And maybe try the other way around?


    MAP

    With Omrax mid-move

    Taldor

    Fem (HP 19/19 | AC 16 | T 12 | FF 14 | CMD 15 | F +3 | R +4 | W +2 | Init +2 | Per +7) 1/2E Bar(Urban) 1, Brd(Dervish Dancer) 1
    DM Ithuriel wrote:

    MAP

    With Omrax mid-move

    Map shows Noa with 9/12 HP. Mordecai healed Noa for 6 HP in post 219, she's currently at full HP.


    Noted now. Hadn't changed or looked at any hp totals. Thanks.

    Andoran

    Fighter 4 (Two-Handed), HP 37/40, AC: 20/T: 13/FF: 17, Perception +1, F: +7/ R: +4/ W: +2, CMB: +8, CMD: 20, Speed: 20, Init: +4

    Jake sees omrax shuffling towards the door, and he uses his readied action to slam the door shut.

    Okay, I guess it isn't dead yet. Should we try again?

    Qadira

    Character Stats:
  • 21 HP
  • AC 18 (T 12 : FF 17)
  • Fort +8: Ref +4: Will +6
  • Initiative +1
  • Perception +8
  • Dwarf Cleric 1 / Ranger 1

    Hmm, well it moved right? So it might be on the other side of that door. Yes, let’s try again, but Noa, I think you should take up a position on the side of the door across from Jake. Then you two can beat on it if the opportunity arises.

    I was thinking that I was setting up in the center of the room anyway.

    Taldor

    Fem (HP 19/19 | AC 16 | T 12 | FF 14 | CMD 15 | F +3 | R +4 | W +2 | Init +2 | Per +7) 1/2E Bar(Urban) 1, Brd(Dervish Dancer) 1

    "Can we go around? Or come back with crossbows, one lying, one kneeling, one standing? Let it come closer to the door, then get a tarp over it?"

    Andoran

    Fighter 4 (Two-Handed), HP 37/40, AC: 20/T: 13/FF: 17, Perception +1, F: +7/ R: +4/ W: +2, CMB: +8, CMD: 20, Speed: 20, Init: +4

    I like it sliding right between us on either side of the door, then we finish it off!

    Grand Lodge

    Male Half-Elven Inquisitor Lvl 1 HP:9/9 | AC:14 | T:10 | FF:12 | CMD:14 | F:+2 | R:+2 | W+6 | Init:+4 | Perc:+10 | Sense Motive:+8

    "I agree, lets switch to melee and pound it! Let it come to us - but do we need a decoy or do you think it will come in on its own?"

    Marchello swaps out to his mace and readies himself second in line on one side of the door, hoping to get a good shot in (say G4). He casts guidance on Jake.

    Taldor

    Fem (HP 19/19 | AC 16 | T 12 | FF 14 | CMD 15 | F +3 | R +4 | W +2 | Init +2 | Per +7) 1/2E Bar(Urban) 1, Brd(Dervish Dancer) 1

    "Wait, it will only move until it can spit. So we have to no' be seen until we want, except for the bait. But will it run away? Move the desks, there and there (bottom of columns D and H) and we can hide behind them until it's well inside. And since we should no' burn it, I'ma get a tarp, we'll lay it on slowly when we're done, maybe we breath it less that way?" Noa goes to get a tarp from the previous room.

    On her return, she adds, "Oh, and everyone it spits goes to it. So we don' wan' that, even if we don' know why. If we won' have the door, we gotta watch each other, and no' let us hug it, or eat it, or whatever. Maybe we all sing the dwarf's song, and anyone stops, you bust him in the shin, knock him down. Or her. But her, maybe, you just be gentler.", she grins.

    Andoran

    Male Half Elf - AC24() T12/F23/CMD19| Hp 41/60 | Fort:+14;Ref:+10;Will+11 |Percept.+4| Init.+3. { smite} Paladin 7 (smite 3/3 used. Hands 3d6 3/10 used)

    Omrax presumably stops at the door and waits for awhile? Having been unaware of actions he will follow others decision on trying bows again or switching to melee. He will reposition to support the plan

    " I am so sorry I let it get me,everyone. By my honor, I will try harder to resist the power of the yellow goo next time. Thanks for stopping me."

    Silver Crusade

    M Human Oracle

    Mordecai is unable to restrain a booming laugh. "My apologies, friends, but the idea of six experienced adventurers being vexed by 'yellow goo' is quite humorous to me. That said, tactics are always of use. I suggest rather than splitting up we stay as a group- that way I can heal you all, and we can quickly take control should anyone succumb to the 'goo's powers."

    Taldor

    Fem (HP 19/19 | AC 16 | T 12 | FF 14 | CMD 15 | F +3 | R +4 | W +2 | Init +2 | Per +7) 1/2E Bar(Urban) 1, Brd(Dervish Dancer) 1

    "Omrax, it got Belegorn, too. You wan' be tougher than a dwarf, you'll have to be a... paladin, or something."

    :)

    Andoran

    Fighter 4 (Two-Handed), HP 37/40, AC: 20/T: 13/FF: 17, Perception +1, F: +7/ R: +4/ W: +2, CMB: +8, CMD: 20, Speed: 20, Init: +4

    Jake draws his Greatsword and poises with his hand on the knob.

    Ready?

    After everyone is in position, he will swing the door in, back up to his former position against the wall and hold an attack action for the moment the thing comes into view.

    Qadira

    Character Stats:
  • 21 HP
  • AC 18 (T 12 : FF 17)
  • Fort +8: Ref +4: Will +6
  • Initiative +1
  • Perception +8
  • Dwarf Cleric 1 / Ranger 1

    Belegorn readies his bow, again casting Guidance on Noa, Jake, and himself, then nods to Jake to open the door.

    Taldor

    Fem (HP 19/19 | AC 16 | T 12 | FF 14 | CMD 15 | F +3 | R +4 | W +2 | Init +2 | Per +7) 1/2E Bar(Urban) 1, Brd(Dervish Dancer) 1

    Noa readies herself for the trap, using a pillar, or a desk, or a tarp, whatever's handy, to conceal herself from the plant until it comes into the room and the trap is sprung.

    Grand Lodge

    Male Half-Elven Inquisitor Lvl 1 HP:9/9 | AC:14 | T:10 | FF:12 | CMD:14 | F:+2 | R:+2 | W+6 | Init:+4 | Perc:+10 | Sense Motive:+8

    Marchello nods in agreement with the plan. He casts Guidance on himself and stands poised with his mace.

    "Ready."

    Andoran

    Male Half Elf - AC24() T12/F23/CMD19| Hp 41/60 | Fort:+14;Ref:+10;Will+11 |Percept.+4| Init.+3. { smite} Paladin 7 (smite 3/3 used. Hands 3d6 3/10 used)

    Not quite sure where everyone is standing...but Omrax sees 2 with melee, 1 with bow and 1 with trap.

    Omrax will draw his sword and grab his shield and move into position next to Jake, ready to strike the foul plant of yellow goo on the signal.

    "Ready!"

    Andoran

    Fighter 4 (Two-Handed), HP 37/40, AC: 20/T: 13/FF: 17, Perception +1, F: +7/ R: +4/ W: +2, CMB: +8, CMD: 20, Speed: 20, Init: +4

    Ok, the door swings open!


    At this point you've been in a room with a burning body for several minutes. The smoke is building up. Ignore the visual penalties, but I'm going to start applying the smoke inhalation rules until you move on. If you want to continue with the plan let me know and we can roll it out tonight.

    prd wrote:
    A character who breathes heavy smoke must make a Fortitude save each round (DC 15, +1 per previous check) or spend that round choking and coughing. A character who chokes for 2 consecutive rounds takes 1d6 points of nonlethal damage. Smoke obscures vision, giving concealment (20% miss chance) to characters within it.

    Andoran

    Fighter 4 (Two-Handed), HP 37/40, AC: 20/T: 13/FF: 17, Perception +1, F: +7/ R: +4/ W: +2, CMB: +8, CMD: 20, Speed: 20, Init: +4

    I say we continue with the plan. By opening the door, should that not lessen the smoke?


    There are three doors from this room. At the moment you haven't opened a second one for more than six seconds at a time. If two of the three doors are standing open I'll drop the smoke thing after three rounds. I assume the one you came through is still open. If you want to declare the one to the left open before you enact the plan we can say those three rounds passed before the init is rolled to begin your attack.

    Andoran

    Fighter 4 (Two-Handed), HP 37/40, AC: 20/T: 13/FF: 17, Perception +1, F: +7/ R: +4/ W: +2, CMB: +8, CMD: 20, Speed: 20, Init: +4

    I would say that Jake would do that before implementing the paln to vent the room. If something comes out of the other door, then we can resolve that before we open the door to deal with the yellow spore-spitter.

    Andoran

    Male Half Elf - AC24() T12/F23/CMD19| Hp 41/60 | Fort:+14;Ref:+10;Will+11 |Percept.+4| Init.+3. { smite} Paladin 7 (smite 3/3 used. Hands 3d6 3/10 used)

    The door to the left is the one opposite the one we entered this room, right? I did not know if you meant left on the map or left relative to us looking into the plant room.

    "We definitely could use some ventilation in this room, Sir Jake. Let me know if you need assistance. I am not sure if I am over the effects of the yellow goo, or just the fumes from the smoke."

    Grand Lodge

    Male Half-Elven Inquisitor Lvl 1 HP:9/9 | AC:14 | T:10 | FF:12 | CMD:14 | F:+2 | R:+2 | W+6 | Init:+4 | Perc:+10 | Sense Motive:+8

    "It is getting thick in here, perhaps we have someone guard that other door once its open just in case to avoid a surprise?"

    Silver Crusade

    M Human Oracle

    Mordecai gives a nod and goes to guard the entrance, raising his shield, coughing heavily.

    Qadira

    Character Stats:
  • 21 HP
  • AC 18 (T 12 : FF 17)
  • Fort +8: Ref +4: Will +6
  • Initiative +1
  • Perception +8
  • Dwarf Cleric 1 / Ranger 1

    I think it would be wise to go around and come at the room for the other direction. It's getting too smoky in here.

    Taldor

    Fem (HP 19/19 | AC 16 | T 12 | FF 14 | CMD 15 | F +3 | R +4 | W +2 | Init +2 | Per +7) 1/2E Bar(Urban) 1, Brd(Dervish Dancer) 1

    "It's closer to a mine... like I said already", Noa agrees with Belegorn.

    Andoran

    Male Half Elf - AC24() T12/F23/CMD19| Hp 41/60 | Fort:+14;Ref:+10;Will+11 |Percept.+4| Init.+3. { smite} Paladin 7 (smite 3/3 used. Hands 3d6 3/10 used)

    "Well we need to decide and move then before the smoke gets us. we could block off the door when we exit and that yellow plant can perish with the smoke if it follows. we can come back this way if the other way is blocked. That will give the smoke time to clear.
    Sir Marchello, Sir Jake and Sir Mordecai, what say you?.Follow our dwarf's underground wisdom?"

    Qadira

    Character Stats:
  • 21 HP
  • AC 18 (T 12 : FF 17)
  • Fort +8: Ref +4: Will +6
  • Initiative +1
  • Perception +8
  • Dwarf Cleric 1 / Ranger 1

    One agreement seems like all Belegorn needs as he turns and heads swiftly into the room with the statues.


    Belegorn leads the others back to the entry ramp and the other set of double doors at the entrance marked "Storeroom 2." The doors open with a grinding creak on a large room filled with monsters of all shapes and sizes. Giant skeletonsand stuffed taxidermic monstrosities are frozen in poses of snarling ferocity, while mummified corpses lie in sedate repose in ornately carved sarcophagi. As silent as a tomb, the air in the hall is stale and musty.

    Given his ability to see clearly in the dark, Belegorn's vision extends far beyond the light shed by lantern and sunrod when the doors open. Toward the center of the room he spots blood stains and a trail of blood leading out of here and into the room with the yellow pod. In the far corner there is a creature on a pedestal standing like a challenging grizzly bear with feathers trailing off its forelegs and a wickedly sharp yellow beak. Its face is smeared with blood. It stands still, silently staring into space.

    GM Screen

    Spoiler:

    Belegorn Perception 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (9) + 8 = 17

    MAP

    Feel free to rearrange your configuration there, I just wanted to place you on the map and since Belegorn was taking the lead had him in front. He needs to stay in front for you to have seen what I revealed above. Only Belegorn can see the entire room. Jake and Mordecai have the most limited vision which is represented by the lighting on the map. The darkest gray area is completely dark to him. Omrax, Marchello and Noa can extend the range of the lighting to the far wall along the same angle. So it stops in C8, leaving the critter in the dark.

    Silver Crusade

    M Human Oracle

    Mordecai's eyes grow wide in alarm. "Superb. LARGER statues!"

    Stick me at the back, not fussed about exact placement.


    Init: Marchello, Omrax, Mordecai, Noa, Museum Display, Jake, Belegorn

    Noa 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9
    Jake 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6
    Mordecai 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (12) + 0 = 12
    Belegorn 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4
    Marchello 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15
    Omrax 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 13
    Taxidermy Creature 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7

    Andoran

    Fighter 4 (Two-Handed), HP 37/40, AC: 20/T: 13/FF: 17, Perception +1, F: +7/ R: +4/ W: +2, CMB: +8, CMD: 20, Speed: 20, Init: +4

    Configuration works for me. I await actions earlier than mione to see what light exposes before my action.

    Grand Lodge

    Male Half-Elven Inquisitor Lvl 1 HP:9/9 | AC:14 | T:10 | FF:12 | CMD:14 | F:+2 | R:+2 | W+6 | Init:+4 | Perc:+10 | Sense Motive:+8

    Marchello is ok where he is or in any front line position.

    Marchello squints as his eyes adjust to the light and he tries to make out what is in the darkness. He asks, "Belegorn is that more blood in the center of the room, can you make anything else out?'

    Marchello will delay until he gets direction from Belegorn or is aware of a target, he grips his mace tightly, ready for a swing.

    251 to 300 of 643 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | next > last >>
    Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Ith's Voice in the Void PFS pbp All Messageboards

    Want to post a reply? Sign in.

    ©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.