Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

Ith's Voice in the Void (PFS) (Inactive)

Game Master ithuriel


201 to 250 of 643 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Andoran

Fighter 5 (Two-Handed), HP 48/48, AC: 20/T: 13/FF: 17, Perception +1, F: +7/ R: +4/ W: +2, CMB: +8, CMD: 20, Speed: 20, Init: +4

Jake looks back over his shoulder from the papers as Noamuth burns the body.

A fitting end for him.

He pulls Omtax aside...

A word brother.

Omrax:
He whispers in Andoren. We need to secure that paper and get it back to our leaders.

Qadira

Character Stats:
  • 21 HP
  • AC 18 (T 12 : FF 17)
  • Fort +8: Ref +4: Will +6
  • Initiative +1
  • Perception +8
  • Dwarf Cleric 1 / Ranger 1

    By the Five Kings whiskers! Belegorn relates the contents of the disturbing diary scroll.

    Silver Crusade

    Male Half Elf - AC24() T12/F23/CMD19| Hp 60/60 | Fort:+14;Ref:+10;Will+11 |Percept.+4| Init.+3. { } Paladin 7 (smite 1/3 used. Hands 3d6 0/10 used)

    responding back to Jake...

    "Aye, Sir Jake, this diary shows that cylinder is pure evil. We need to retrieve it from the girl...and bring the diary as well. I think we are looking for something else as well, maybe less sinister but more trade and commerce related. I will continue to search for such documents in other rooms if none turn up here."

    Omrax turns to Noamuth, gives her a affirmative nod and raises his sword to his chin in salute to the fallen guard...

    "Good call, Lady Noa. That may be the best we can do for him until our mission is over. That slimy stuff is another puzzle for us. I do not like the looks of it at all."

    Taldor

    Fem (HP 19/19 | AC 16 | T 12 | FF 14 | CMD 15 | F +3 | R +4 | W +2 | Init +2 | Per +7) 1/2E Bar(Urban) 1, Brd(Dervish Dancer) 1

    In response to Omrax

    "I dinnot like the mold. So fast, to grow like that? Better a fire, than such corruption."

    Grand Lodge

    Male Half-Elven Inquisitor Lvl 1 HP:9/9 | AC:14 | T:10 | FF:12 | CMD:14 | F:+2 | R:+2 | W+6 | Init:+4 | Perc:+10 | Sense Motive:+8

    Marchello nods at Noamuth, [b]"Agreed, lest it have a chance of infecting us as well. Now what to make of this trail of slime ..."/b] his voice tailing off as he squats to get a closer look.

    Perception: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (10) + 10 = 20

    Silver Crusade

    M Human Oracle

    Mordecai bows respectfully as Noamuth speaks, and mutters his own words over the body quietly before letting him burn it.

    Turning to his companions, he says "This... taint is something we must burn from these vaults. I will not be at ease until it is culled from the world, and this accursed cylinder with it."


    Noa starts the fire, but the stench and smoke will be too much to endure pretty quickly...

    From here you can go straight ahead further into the basement or to the left.

    Taldor

    Fem (HP 19/19 | AC 16 | T 12 | FF 14 | CMD 15 | F +3 | R +4 | W +2 | Init +2 | Per +7) 1/2E Bar(Urban) 1, Brd(Dervish Dancer) 1
    DM Ithuriel wrote:

    Noa starts the fire, but the stench and smoke will be too much to endure pretty quickly...

    From here you can go straight ahead further into the basement or to the left.

    Noa takes a moment to watch if the smoke is drifting in any unexpected direction.

    Qadira

    Character Stats:
  • 21 HP
  • AC 18 (T 12 : FF 17)
  • Fort +8: Ref +4: Will +6
  • Initiative +1
  • Perception +8
  • Dwarf Cleric 1 / Ranger 1

    Should we circle around before we go in deeper? I don’t want something sneaking up on us from behind.

    Taldor

    Fem (HP 19/19 | AC 16 | T 12 | FF 14 | CMD 15 | F +3 | R +4 | W +2 | Init +2 | Per +7) 1/2E Bar(Urban) 1, Brd(Dervish Dancer) 1

    "This is closer to a Dwarf-hold than a starlit Varisi camp", Noa says, "I will follow you, here."

    Andoran

    Fighter 5 (Two-Handed), HP 48/48, AC: 20/T: 13/FF: 17, Perception +1, F: +7/ R: +4/ W: +2, CMB: +8, CMD: 20, Speed: 20, Init: +4

    Jake nods to Belegorn, and steps in behind his lead.

    Omrax, be sure to gather those papers.

    Grand Lodge

    Male Half-Elven Inquisitor Lvl 1 HP:9/9 | AC:14 | T:10 | FF:12 | CMD:14 | F:+2 | R:+2 | W+6 | Init:+4 | Perc:+10 | Sense Motive:+8

    "Belegorn, I'm with you, lets clear as much of this level as we can before we venture deeper."

    Qadira

    Character Stats:
  • 21 HP
  • AC 18 (T 12 : FF 17)
  • Fort +8: Ref +4: Will +6
  • Initiative +1
  • Perception +8
  • Dwarf Cleric 1 / Ranger 1

    Belegorn opens the door to the left, axe in hand.

    Silver Crusade

    Male Half Elf - AC24() T12/F23/CMD19| Hp 60/60 | Fort:+14;Ref:+10;Will+11 |Percept.+4| Init.+3. { } Paladin 7 (smite 1/3 used. Hands 3d6 0/10 used)

    Omrax gathers up any documents dealing with the cylinder, and follows the others...


    Noxious smoke billows upward spreading out across the ceiling and drifting slightly back the way you came toward the ramp and upper level of the museum. Omrax quickly gathers up the papers and while Mordecai says a few words over the burning body and Belegorn convinces the others to clear the basement before moving any deeper.

    The dwarf opens the door and it creaks inward on a dark storage room. Boxes and crates are stacked haphazardly through the room. Some piles are only a few boxes high while others reach nearly all the way to the ceiling fifteen feet above. Everything is coated in a layer of yellow dust.

    In the center of the room one of the shorter stacks of crates is piled up and some kind of growth is clinging to it on the side. The slowly pod undulates while sickly yellow-green tendrils snake out around the crates anchoring it is place and others writhe around in the air blindly.

    Before Belegorn has even had a chance to register much of what he is seeing, the pod splits open on the end like a ripe fig, and it contracts violently to spray a cloud of yeloow dust or gas at the doorway coating the leading dwarf.

    Surprise round:
    Ranged Touch: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 = 23
    Will Save for Belegorn

    AS far as I can tell Noa is at 9/13, Jake at 21/22 and everyone else is fully healed.


    Round 1 Init:
    Noa, Jake, Belegorn, Marchello, Mordecai, Pod, Omrax

    Init Dice

    Spoiler:
    Init:
    Pod 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9
    Noa 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 2 = 19
    Jake 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18
    Mordecai 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (10) + 0 = 10
    Belegorn 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 1 = 18
    Marchello 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11
    Omrax 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8

    MAP

    Silver Crusade

    M Human Oracle

    Unable to see anything but guessing danger from his comrades' reactions, Mordecai reaches out and taps Noa on the back, letting a quick burst of healing light flow through him.

    Cure Light Wounds cast:1d8 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6

    Taldor

    Fem (HP 19/19 | AC 16 | T 12 | FF 14 | CMD 15 | F +3 | R +4 | W +2 | Init +2 | Per +7) 1/2E Bar(Urban) 1, Brd(Dervish Dancer) 1

    "That is the filth!", Noa cries, "Back! Out!",as she tries to haul Belegorn back from the door.

    not clear on how to do that,but here's a first roll
    1d20 ⇒ 3

    Qadira

    Character Stats:
  • 21 HP
  • AC 18 (T 12 : FF 17)
  • Fort +8: Ref +4: Will +6
  • Initiative +1
  • Perception +8
  • Dwarf Cleric 1 / Ranger 1

    Will Save: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12
    I that a Poison, or Spell-like Ability?

    Grand Lodge

    Male Half-Elven Inquisitor Lvl 1 HP:9/9 | AC:14 | T:10 | FF:12 | CMD:14 | F:+2 | R:+2 | W+6 | Init:+4 | Perc:+10 | Sense Motive:+8

    Marchello, pulls back to allow room for Belegorn's retreat out of the room, readies his mace and casts Guidance on the group.

    Taldor

    Fem (HP 19/19 | AC 16 | T 12 | FF 14 | CMD 15 | F +3 | R +4 | W +2 | Init +2 | Per +7) 1/2E Bar(Urban) 1, Brd(Dervish Dancer) 1
    Mordecai Shrykeson. wrote:

    Unable to see anything but guessing danger from his comrades' reactions, Mordecai reaches out and taps Noa on the back, letting a quick burst of healing light flow through him.

    Cure Light Wounds cast:1d8+2

    sorry, distracted when I last caught up.

    "Thank you, Mordecai.", Noa says softly.


    It isn't either. If this were a different adventure I'd be tempted to apply your poison bonus anyway, but I'm going to go with RAW because it fits the theme of the scenario in this case.
    So that is a fail. Sent you a PM.
    GM Screen

    Spoiler:
    1d6 ⇒ 5

    Marchello> Guidance is a single target at touch range.

    Noa> Would be maybe Drag or Reposition maneuver but 3+3 = 6 isn't going to budge a healthy dwarf.

    Grand Lodge

    Male Half-Elven Inquisitor Lvl 1 HP:9/9 | AC:14 | T:10 | FF:12 | CMD:14 | F:+2 | R:+2 | W+6 | Init:+4 | Perc:+10 | Sense Motive:+8

    Oops, sorry, then on Belegorn.

    Qadira

    Character Stats:
  • 21 HP
  • AC 18 (T 12 : FF 17)
  • Fort +8: Ref +4: Will +6
  • Initiative +1
  • Perception +8
  • Dwarf Cleric 1 / Ranger 1

    Belegorn stands there, not responding to his companion’s statements or moving to retreat. In fact, he shifts his weight as if he may walk foreword.

    Marchello, There are probably better things you could do with you turn. Guidance isn’t going to help me much.

    Taldor

    Fem (HP 19/19 | AC 16 | T 12 | FF 14 | CMD 15 | F +3 | R +4 | W +2 | Init +2 | Per +7) 1/2E Bar(Urban) 1, Brd(Dervish Dancer) 1

    "Pull him out!", Noa says, tugging uselessly on the fireplug's weapons belt.

    Grand Lodge

    Male Half-Elven Inquisitor Lvl 1 HP:9/9 | AC:14 | T:10 | FF:12 | CMD:14 | F:+2 | R:+2 | W+6 | Init:+4 | Perc:+10 | Sense Motive:+8

    OK, open to suggestions - was taking Noa's lead to pull you back and figured I didn't have a direct access to an attack, but suppose I could run through you to set up for next turn or swap to the bow for a shot? What were you thinking of?

    Qadira

    Character Stats:
  • 21 HP
  • AC 18 (T 12 : FF 17)
  • Fort +8: Ref +4: Will +6
  • Initiative +1
  • Perception +8
  • Dwarf Cleric 1 / Ranger 1

    Marchello, at this point it really depends on what Jake does, and what I do in response. I would wait for that to play out.

    Jake, I don’t suppose you would mind shutting the door and preventing me from walking myself to my doom, hmm?

    Taldor

    Fem (HP 19/19 | AC 16 | T 12 | FF 14 | CMD 15 | F +3 | R +4 | W +2 | Init +2 | Per +7) 1/2E Bar(Urban) 1, Brd(Dervish Dancer) 1

    ...and me too. I'm not letting him stagger in there! Plus, it's such a comic image, Noa with her feet set, and the dwarf chugging in like a train engine. :)

    Grand Lodge

    Male Half-Elven Inquisitor Lvl 1 HP:9/9 | AC:14 | T:10 | FF:12 | CMD:14 | F:+2 | R:+2 | W+6 | Init:+4 | Perc:+10 | Sense Motive:+8

    Fair enough, I'll wait to finalize my action.

    Silver Crusade

    Male Half Elf - AC24() T12/F23/CMD19| Hp 60/60 | Fort:+14;Ref:+10;Will+11 |Percept.+4| Init.+3. { } Paladin 7 (smite 1/3 used. Hands 3d6 0/10 used)

    Here for moral support. Just waiting for others and pod to go before deciding on an action.

    Taldor

    Fem (HP 19/19 | AC 16 | T 12 | FF 14 | CMD 15 | F +3 | R +4 | W +2 | Init +2 | Per +7) 1/2E Bar(Urban) 1, Brd(Dervish Dancer) 1

    ...floor-surfing behind the dwarf. Must be some dust under her feet or something. :)


    If we don't hear from Jake by tonight (my time so maybe 3-4 hours from now) I'll post for him just to keep things rolling and build up some momentum.

    Andoran

    Fighter 5 (Two-Handed), HP 48/48, AC: 20/T: 13/FF: 17, Perception +1, F: +7/ R: +4/ W: +2, CMB: +8, CMD: 20, Speed: 20, Init: +4

    Sorry about that guys...never had notification of activity in the PbP. You know me, I am not one to sit on my hands.

    Jake quickly shuts the door infront of Belegorn while barring his way with the elbow on his sword arm.

    What the hell was that? Belegorn, are you ok? I thought that maybe I saw a door in that room providing another means of exit. We either need to circle around or charge and attack that thing immediately upon opening the door. Do any of you magic weilders have anything to freeze or burn that thing?

    Taldor

    Fem (HP 19/19 | AC 16 | T 12 | FF 14 | CMD 15 | F +3 | R +4 | W +2 | Init +2 | Per +7) 1/2E Bar(Urban) 1, Brd(Dervish Dancer) 1

    "Wake up Belegorn, and we'll go around. Why another fight, or a fire, if maybe she i' not there?"

    Qadira

    Character Stats:
  • 21 HP
  • AC 18 (T 12 : FF 17)
  • Fort +8: Ref +4: Will +6
  • Initiative +1
  • Perception +8
  • Dwarf Cleric 1 / Ranger 1

    Belegorn walks forward and bumps into Jake and the closed door. Then he just stands there, as if confused or dazed.


    Belegorn continues to stare ahead, eyes vacant. He does try to move for the door but without any sense of urgency and with Noa pulling on him and Jake blocking his way he doesn't make any progress.

    After about half a minute of that, he stops and blinks then looks around somewhat confused.

    With the door shut we can drop out of init.
    Kn Nature to ID the tentacle pod.

    Qadira

    Character Stats:
  • 21 HP
  • AC 18 (T 12 : FF 17)
  • Fort +8: Ref +4: Will +6
  • Initiative +1
  • Perception +8
  • Dwarf Cleric 1 / Ranger 1

    Kn Nature take 10: 10 + 5 = 15

    Harumph! On second thought, maybe we should continue on...

    Taldor

    Fem (HP 19/19 | AC 16 | T 12 | FF 14 | CMD 15 | F +3 | R +4 | W +2 | Init +2 | Per +7) 1/2E Bar(Urban) 1, Brd(Dervish Dancer) 1

    "Oye, Belegorn. Welcome back, eh?", Noa says, smiling now that Belegorn seems himself. "Wha' was that?"


    Kn Nature DC 12

    Spoiler:
    You've heard of yellow musk creepers before because of their horrific method of propagation. They first immobilize a target with spores like you saw and then bore into the brain to implant a seed pod. While the seed grows in the brain of the host, it uses the body to defend its creator before eventually wandering away and splitting apart to provide nutrients for the new emerging pod.

    They aren't common, but patches have been known to sprout among the carrion of a battlefield or in untended graveyards.

    Taldor

    Fem (HP 19/19 | AC 16 | T 12 | FF 14 | CMD 15 | F +3 | R +4 | W +2 | Init +2 | Per +7) 1/2E Bar(Urban) 1, Brd(Dervish Dancer) 1

    Only allowed to try for 10 or less, since I don't have ranks in that KN. But here's my diplomacy for Belegorn: :)
    Diplomacy+6: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 17

    :) He REALLY wants to tell me what he knows.

    Qadira

    Character Stats:
  • 21 HP
  • AC 18 (T 12 : FF 17)
  • Fort +8: Ref +4: Will +6
  • Initiative +1
  • Perception +8
  • Dwarf Cleric 1 / Ranger 1

    Lol! Because he wouldn’t anyway?

    To Noa, Alright already! Quit yanking on my belt!

    He shivers, I hate Yellow Musk Creepers. They’re plants that eat your brains and use your body as a cocoon! Thanks for dragging me outta there. They can launch those yellow spore things all day long. We need a plan if we want to go back in.

    Grand Lodge

    Male Half-Elven Inquisitor Lvl 1 HP:9/9 | AC:14 | T:10 | FF:12 | CMD:14 | F:+2 | R:+2 | W+6 | Init:+4 | Perc:+10 | Sense Motive:+8

    "Is there a way to distract the thing, or maybe a shield that we could use to block the spores? Or we could have someone open the door and we unload everything we have at it from range."

    Qadira

    Character Stats:
  • 21 HP
  • AC 18 (T 12 : FF 17)
  • Fort +8: Ref +4: Will +6
  • Initiative +1
  • Perception +8
  • Dwarf Cleric 1 / Ranger 1

    The ranged option could work, but we will need to have someone standing ready to shut the door incase we succumb to the spores.

    How many of us can fire through a door at once?

    Taldor

    Fem (HP 19/19 | AC 16 | T 12 | FF 14 | CMD 15 | F +3 | R +4 | W +2 | Init +2 | Per +7) 1/2E Bar(Urban) 1, Brd(Dervish Dancer) 1

    "How far can 'e spit? And also, when 'e spit you, you tried to go to him. So maybe, first, we tie us so we can't."

    Andoran

    Fighter 5 (Two-Handed), HP 48/48, AC: 20/T: 13/FF: 17, Perception +1, F: +7/ R: +4/ W: +2, CMB: +8, CMD: 20, Speed: 20, Init: +4

    That is why I asked if we have anything to disable it from range. I could simply charge it.

    Taldor

    Fem (HP 19/19 | AC 16 | T 12 | FF 14 | CMD 15 | F +3 | R +4 | W +2 | Init +2 | Per +7) 1/2E Bar(Urban) 1, Brd(Dervish Dancer) 1

    "I have my sling. And Belegorn has a bow. Do no' charge it; if it could just be taken apart, there would be none of it left. But it is, for a thing that does not move, too strangely correctly placed for spitting at the door. So something that does move, and think, put it there. When we use our slings and arrows, you stan' by to take arms against a sea of troubles, uh?"

    Noa carefully scans the floor and ceiling as she walks away from the door, on a line to fire at the plant thing, when and if the door is opened. "I can sling over Belegorn, but I am not tall. Are there any others, to make trouble for the plant? And one to open the door? With rope around the handle, to close it while standing back?"

    Silver Crusade

    Male Half Elf - AC24() T12/F23/CMD19| Hp 60/60 | Fort:+14;Ref:+10;Will+11 |Percept.+4| Init.+3. { } Paladin 7 (smite 1/3 used. Hands 3d6 0/10 used)

    "Yellow Musk? That explains part of our guard mystery back there...but he was missing legs not a brain. Double bad luck for him I guess."

    Omrax turns and observes Belegorn to ensure he is acting normally. Then adds...

    "I have a bow as well and can shoot at range through the door."

    And with a final grin,
    "Besides, I cannot afford to lose what brains I have...although I am not afraid to charge it if that is the plan."

    Qadira

    Character Stats:
  • 21 HP
  • AC 18 (T 12 : FF 17)
  • Fort +8: Ref +4: Will +6
  • Initiative +1
  • Perception +8
  • Dwarf Cleric 1 / Ranger 1

    Well, that's three bows, one sling, and Jake can man the door. Sounds like a plan to me. When everyone's ready...
    Belegorn readies his bow, casts Guidance on himself and Noa, and nods to Jake.

    Silver Crusade

    M Human Oracle

    Mordecai nods in response to his comrades' plan and raises a hand, casting silver light over the group. "This should help your weapons strike true" he intones in a gravelly voice. "I will stay at the back and heal if need be. Onwards!"

    Bless on everyone. +1 to attack rolls.

    Taldor

    Fem (HP 19/19 | AC 16 | T 12 | FF 14 | CMD 15 | F +3 | R +4 | W +2 | Init +2 | Per +7) 1/2E Bar(Urban) 1, Brd(Dervish Dancer) 1

    When the door opens... Sling the thing!
    To Hit BAB+3,Guidance,Bless 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6
    Damage 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3 Blunt

    LOL

    201 to 250 of 643 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
    Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Ith's Voice in the Void PFS pbp All Messageboards

    Want to post a reply? Sign in.

    ©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.