Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

Ith's Voice in the Void (PFS) (Inactive)

Game Master ithuriel


601 to 643 of 643 << first < prev | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | next > last >>
The Exchange

Character Stats:
  • 21 HP
  • AC 18 (T 12 : FF 17)
  • Fort +8: Ref +4: Will +6
  • Initiative +1
  • Perception +8
  • Dwarf Cleric 1 / Ranger 1

    I have Enlarge Person that I can use next round if you want to go that rout.

    Sovereign Court

    Fem (HP 19/19 | AC 16 | T 12 | FF 14 | CMD 15 | F +3 | R +4 | W +2 | Init +2 | Per +7) 1/2E Bar(Urban) 1, Brd(Dervish Dancer) 1
    Belegorn of Erastil wrote:
    I have Enlarge Person that I can use next round if you want to go that rout.

    That would be sooo cool, giant dwarf, smashes the can. :) I think I'll still be blind at the time. :(

    Grand Lodge

    Male Half-Elven Inquisitor Lvl 1 HP:9/9 | AC:14 | T:10 | FF:12 | CMD:14 | F:+2 | R:+2 | W+6 | Init:+4 | Perc:+10 | Sense Motive:+8

    I think that's the most direct way of getting at it, otherwise without an arcane caster, it'll be arrows and bolts to try and take it out.

    Liberty's Edge

    Fighter 5 (Two-Handed), HP 48/48, AC: 20/T: 13/FF: 17, Perception +1, F: +7/ R: +4/ W: +2, CMB: +8, CMD: 20, Speed: 20, Init: +4

    Either enlarge yourself, or me, and let's sunder the thing.


    "Belegorn, pick up you hammer and smash that cannister! We can't reach it." Marchello relents on the now flailing cords. He reaches down to scoop up his mace and steps up behind Jake with a spell on his lips to heal the warrior.

    Mordecai does the same from his left flank.

    Jake snaps the last fungoid umbilical cord with one massive overhand chop. Around him the five untethered cords flail in the open air around the gate. A ripple briefly disturbs the surface of the void and a crackling field of energy plays over the Ancient Osirion canopic jar before dissipating.

    Imrizade snarls when her last cord is severed and hisses in fury, "It is verily known by few, but is nevertheless no attestable fact, that the will of a dead sorcerer hath power upon his own body and can raise it up from the tomb and perform therewith whatever action was unfulfilled in life. I stand here as testament and truth and swear to you that should you destroy even this husk I will return to feed you one by one to the crawling horrors of Aucturn."

    Jake turns to keep the Blackros daughter in his sight and growls, "We need to destroy the cannister at the top of the gate!"

    Belegorn decides to focus on the woman for the moment and swings his giant axe. What should have been a direct hit rebounds off an invisible field of force and she smirks at him.

    Imrizade backs herself further into the alcove and begins casting again.

    Defensive Casting 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (16) + 10 = 26
    Spellcraft to ID the spell if you like.

    Now Round 8:
    Omrax, Imrizade, Marchello, Mordecai, Jake, Belegorn, Noa


    MAP

    The Exchange

    Character Stats:
  • 21 HP
  • AC 18 (T 12 : FF 17)
  • Fort +8: Ref +4: Will +6
  • Initiative +1
  • Perception +8
  • Dwarf Cleric 1 / Ranger 1

    Jake, try to stop that spell!
    I am hesitant to start a full round cast when it seems she is doing the same.

    Belegorn moves down and takes a swing at the jar. (Q6:R7)
    Sunder: 1d20 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 4 + 1 = 18
    Damage: 2d8 + 4 ⇒ (4, 6) + 4 = 14

    This is the last round of Enlarge for me.

    Grand Lodge

    Male Half-Elven Inquisitor Lvl 1 HP:9/9 | AC:14 | T:10 | FF:12 | CMD:14 | F:+2 | R:+2 | W+6 | Init:+4 | Perc:+10 | Sense Motive:+8

    I am not trained in spellcraft so I'm not sure that I can do anything to ID it. if I can see the roll below.

    Spellcraft (untrained): 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 13

    Otherwise, Marchello, seeing that Belegorn's might strike had no effect, pull his bow from over his shoulder and fires an arrow at the cannister.

    Attack (Long Bow): 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15

    Damage (Long Bow): 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5

    Liberty's Edge

    Fighter 5 (Two-Handed), HP 48/48, AC: 20/T: 13/FF: 17, Perception +1, F: +7/ R: +4/ W: +2, CMB: +8, CMD: 20, Speed: 20, Init: +4

    Round 8; AC: 18; HP: 14/22; Power Attack; Furious Focus, Blessed, Guidance

    Jake attacks the woman.

    We can always heal you after you have been liberated!

    GS ATT: 1d20 + 8 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 8 + 1 = 27
    GS DAM: 2d6 + 6 + 3 ⇒ (6, 3) + 6 + 3 = 18

    Sovereign Court

    Fem (HP 19/19 | AC 16 | T 12 | FF 14 | CMD 15 | F +3 | R +4 | W +2 | Init +2 | Per +7) 1/2E Bar(Urban) 1, Brd(Dervish Dancer) 1
    Jake Hargrove wrote:

    Round 8; AC: 18; HP: 14/22; Power Attack; Furious Focus, Blessed, Guidance

    Jake attacks the woman.

    We can always heal you after you have been liberated!

    GS ATT: 1d20+8+1
    GS DAM: 2d6+6+3

    Ouch. :)

    Silver Crusade

    Male Half Elf - AC26(31) T12/F23/CMD19| Hp 68/68 | Fort:+14;Ref:+10;Will+12 |Percept.+4| Init.+3. { } Paladin 8 (smite 2/3 used. Hands 4d6 2/11 used)

    Even stunned - that sounded like a solid hit - was that a dwarf hammer clanging on the cannister or a greatsword connecting with a head?


    Marchello, seeing Belegorn's mighty strike deflected from the Blackros girl pulls his bow from over his shoulder and fires an arrow at the cannister. It cracks against the iron shell of the jar without much impact.

    Still need an action from Mordecai and I forgot to include it, but the top of Round 9 will be included in this series of actions so Omrax can act as well.

    Silver Crusade

    M Human Oracle

    Mordecai tries to wrestle with the creature.

    Mordecai will try to grapple.

    CMB:1d20 - 1 ⇒ (20) - 1 = 19

    No improved grapple or anything.

    Silver Crusade

    Male Half Elf - AC26(31) T12/F23/CMD19| Hp 68/68 | Fort:+14;Ref:+10;Will+12 |Percept.+4| Init.+3. { } Paladin 8 (smite 2/3 used. Hands 4d6 2/11 used)

    Round 9

    If the girl survived Jakes mighty swing, Omrax draws Morningstar while moving up to her and calls the power of Iomaede to smite.

    if she is down, he will use his bow and try to smite the canister.

    Silver Crusade

    M Human Oracle

    Oh- and I will delay until they have all had their swings at her.


    Belegorn shouts, "Jake, try to stop that spell!"

    Jake slashes wide, opening up the woman from mid chest to hip. She stumbles back gasping and the spell dies on her lips. "We can always heal you after you have been liberated!" Jake yells in case the woman is aware of what is happening.

    Mordecai moves in and throws himself at her, wrapping his arms around her waist and gripping her tight while she is still in shock.

    Over on the dais Belegorn swings his axe at the iron canopic jar. The blade leaves a rent in the casing which begins oozing a gray slime. A telepathic wailing breaks out invading every mind in the room, "Nooooooo!" and Belegorn begins shrinking back to his normal size.

    Omrax blinks awake and once the room stops spinning manages to grab his sword and get to his feet again the joins the others backing Imrizade into a corner.

    The Blackros girl shouts something in Ancient Osiriani and there is a wet thump followed by another almost instantly. Mordecai crumples a bit after taking two solid blows of force energy to the gut.

    Concentration vs damage 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (12) + 10 = 22 vs DC 29. Failed. Lost spell.

    Mordecai> Grappling with only one hand free gives you a -4. Are you taking the -4 or dropping your shield?

    Defensive Casting to avoid provoking 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (10) + 10 = 20
    Concentration to be able to cast while grappled: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (8) + 10 = 18 vs DC 10
    Magic Missile 2d4 + 2 ⇒ (1, 3) + 2 = 6 vs Mordecai

    Omrax> Grabbing your weapon and standing are two move actions. That and a 5' step is about as far as you can get this time.

    Now Continuing Round 9:
    Omrax, Imrizade, Marchello, Jake, Mordecai, Belegorn, Noa and Omrax at the top of round 10

    Silver Crusade

    M Human Oracle

    Dropping the shield.

    Holding her, Mordecai shrugs off her magical bullets and tries to pin her. "Give me some rope, someone!

    Grapple check to pin:1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21

    Sovereign Court

    Fem (HP 19/19 | AC 16 | T 12 | FF 14 | CMD 15 | F +3 | R +4 | W +2 | Init +2 | Per +7) 1/2E Bar(Urban) 1, Brd(Dervish Dancer) 1

    Still blind?

    Grand Lodge

    Male Half-Elven Inquisitor Lvl 1 HP:9/9 | AC:14 | T:10 | FF:12 | CMD:14 | F:+2 | R:+2 | W+6 | Init:+4 | Perc:+10 | Sense Motive:+8

    Marchello quickly pulls another arrow from his quiver, lines up a shot at the cannister and fires. remember I invoked the smiting judgement so all of my attacks during this combat count as magical - just in case there is any resistance

    Attack (longbow): 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 2 = 19
    Damage(longbow): 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9

    Finally, a half decent set of rolls!


    Noa> I'm not sure about the blindness. Either ends this round or the next. Still stunned until Round 11 in any case. (If I remember correctly. Feel free to double check that.)

    Marchello> Still no DR. Iron has a hardness of 10. Anything over 10 points of damage per strike will count. The longbow will never damage this iron cannister.
    Also fyi- your strength bonus does not add to damage with a regular longbow. You would have to buy a composite longbow built with enough tension to accommodate your str score. So in your case a "+2 strength composite longbow" Costs 300 gp as opposed to 75 gp for the standard longbow.

    Grand Lodge

    Male Half-Elven Inquisitor Lvl 1 HP:9/9 | AC:14 | T:10 | FF:12 | CMD:14 | F:+2 | R:+2 | W+6 | Init:+4 | Perc:+10 | Sense Motive:+8

    Thanks for the input, I clearly need to spend time doing more reading on those details. I appreciate the heads up, very helpful. Wow - so if we didn't have a giant dwarf, how would be ever do anything to that cannister?

    Silver Crusade

    Male Half Elf - AC26(31) T12/F23/CMD19| Hp 68/68 | Fort:+14;Ref:+10;Will+12 |Percept.+4| Init.+3. { } Paladin 8 (smite 2/3 used. Hands 4d6 2/11 used)

    Omrax was going to stand as a move and draw Morningstar as part of that move since he has bab 1. So if he can move to threaten he will. He has step up if she tries to back away. He cannot attack but figured could pull weapon as part of one of those moves and smite if possible.

    Liberty's Edge

    Fighter 5 (Two-Handed), HP 48/48, AC: 20/T: 13/FF: 17, Perception +1, F: +7/ R: +4/ W: +2, CMB: +8, CMD: 20, Speed: 20, Init: +4

    Assuming that the cannister is still intact, but damaged, is there anything that I can move to the gateway to stand upon, or is it reachable with my Greatsword?


    It would be tough. You could hit it with a reach weapon or someone could climb the arch and try to break it free with a strength check (at a quite difficult DC). And spells of course. Energy damage gets halved first and THEN subtract 10 for hardness.

    Omrax> There is a technicality there. When you have +1 bab you CAN draw a weapon as part of a move. Not move action. You have to actually be moving.

    PRD Combat wrote:
    If you have a base attack bonus of +1 or higher, you can combine one of these actions with a regular move.


    Jake> Maybe the iron box from the antechamber? It is still giving off a deafening siren alarm. but was the only movable object down here. Or Belegorn could enlarge you.
    BTW- since this is an unattended object you don't need to roll to hit it. You can auto hit as a full round action.
    If you are using anything ranged to hit it you can use a full round action to get +5 on the attack roll.

    Liberty's Edge

    Fighter 5 (Two-Handed), HP 48/48, AC: 20/T: 13/FF: 17, Perception +1, F: +7/ R: +4/ W: +2, CMB: +8, CMD: 20, Speed: 20, Init: +4

    Round 9; AC: 18; HP: 14/22; Power Attack; Furious Focus, Blessed, Guidance, Non-Lethal Damage

    Jake quickly glances over his shoulder.

    Somebody destroy the damn cannister!

    Jake again attacks the woman with Non-Lethal damage by bringing down the pommel of his sword on her head, attempting to knock her unconscious.

    GS ATT: 1d20 + 8 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 8 + 1 = 25
    GS Non-Lethal DAM: 2d6 + 6 + 3 ⇒ (1, 4) + 6 + 3 = 14


    Jake hammers the struggling sorcerer with the flat of his blade and she goes limp in Mordecai's arms.

    End of Init count. You can destroy the cannister and wrap things up at your leisure now. Assume Noa is active from now.

    Liberty's Edge

    Fighter 5 (Two-Handed), HP 48/48, AC: 20/T: 13/FF: 17, Perception +1, F: +7/ R: +4/ W: +2, CMB: +8, CMD: 20, Speed: 20, Init: +4

    Tie her securely and gag her before any healing is administered.

    Grand Lodge

    Male Half-Elven Inquisitor Lvl 1 HP:9/9 | AC:14 | T:10 | FF:12 | CMD:14 | F:+2 | R:+2 | W+6 | Init:+4 | Perc:+10 | Sense Motive:+8

    Marchello runs and grabs the iron box so that they can stand on it to attack the cannister.

    Silver Crusade

    M Human Oracle

    Relieved, Mordecai takes the proffered ropes and binds the woman tightly after casting a quick spell to ensure she doesn't die Stabilize, just in case.

    "She is restrained, and stable. As sir Hargrove says, I will not awake her without some bag; does anyone have a bag, or section of cloth?"

    Sovereign Court

    Fem (HP 19/19 | AC 16 | T 12 | FF 14 | CMD 15 | F +3 | R +4 | W +2 | Init +2 | Per +7) 1/2E Bar(Urban) 1, Brd(Dervish Dancer) 1

    Noa removes her gypsy scarf. "You none of you never tell no Gypsy I took this off.", she commands, as she uses the large scarf to enshroud Imrizade's head.

    Noa has got a lot of wavy hair. She actually steps on a bit of it when rising from binding Imrizade.

    "Oaw!", she says, beginning to twist her hair into a topknot.

    The Exchange

    Character Stats:
  • 21 HP
  • AC 18 (T 12 : FF 17)
  • Fort +8: Ref +4: Will +6
  • Initiative +1
  • Perception +8
  • Dwarf Cleric 1 / Ranger 1

    Belegorn casts Enlarge Person on Jake, and then retrieves his hammer to help smash the jar to dust.

    Grand Lodge

    Male Half-Elven Inquisitor Lvl 1 HP:9/9 | AC:14 | T:10 | FF:12 | CMD:14 | F:+2 | R:+2 | W+6 | Init:+4 | Perc:+10 | Sense Motive:+8

    Seeing that she is restrained and stabilized, Marchello begins to search her and the surrounding area for anything that might provide an answer to her posession.

    Perception: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (20) + 10 = 30

    Silver Crusade

    Male Half Elf - AC26(31) T12/F23/CMD19| Hp 68/68 | Fort:+14;Ref:+10;Will+12 |Percept.+4| Init.+3. { } Paladin 8 (smite 2/3 used. Hands 4d6 2/11 used)

    "Hurray great job everyone! Sorry for sleeping through the most of it. I never saw it coming. Do we need to bring back the remaining parts of the canister? Not sure there is anything we can do for the guards."

    Omrax says a blessing over the bodies. He helps with securing the girl or to carry her or other items as needed to wrap up.

    Liberty's Edge

    Fighter 5 (Two-Handed), HP 48/48, AC: 20/T: 13/FF: 17, Perception +1, F: +7/ R: +4/ W: +2, CMB: +8, CMD: 20, Speed: 20, Init: +4

    Jake attempts to dislodge the cannister from the gate without breaking it further.

    Strength Check: 1d20 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 4 + 2 = 22


    The Pathfinders work together to quickly bind Imrizade and cover her eyes with the Noa's scarf. Belegorn calls on Erastil to double Jake's size and the warrior asks the dwarf to hold off for a moment. He grabs the canopic jar with both hands and twists with all his might, but it is lodged far too tightly to break free. Having tried he nods to Belegorn and the two of them grab their weapons and begin hammering the jar. Amid the blows a telepathic wailing forces its way into each of your minds, but after a couple of solid hits it shatters and a shriveled tentacles laden brain falls out dropping 15 feet down to land on the dais with a wet plop and ruptures on impact. Gray ooze spreads out and Jake and Belegorn's feet while then tiny tentacles writhe slowly and finally go still.

    Imrizade remains unconscious while Marchello strips her gear tossing a nice rapier, tanglefoot bag, potion, hand crossbow with darts, lock picks, a small pouch of gold, and a scroll loosely rolled inside a protective case. On a second thought and after opening his sight, he also removes her cloak due to its minor aura and her Blackros signet ring just in case of a poison pill or something similar. The scroll itself is fragile and ancient- written entirely in an extremely ancient form of Osiriani. The margin contains illustrations of planar alignments and is titled with the only phrase Marchello would know in such an ancient form of Osiriani: "The Aucturn Enigma."

    Back above, Nigel is upset but not surprised by the deaths of his night watchmen. He is extremely relieved that Imrizade lives and insists on healing her with her own potion to learn if she is free of the possession. He does agree to leave her bound and that you all may knock her out again if she is in fact not herself. As it happens she is restored and well aware of everything that has happened. She croaks out an apology for what the fiend made her do and insists that she is now free of Ishme-dagan. After confirming that she no longer has any lingering necromantic aura as is common of possession, Nigel persuades you that you all should take whatever was agreed upon and leave the Blackros girl with him. He will call a priest on the family retainer to tend to her injuries here in her own home and call in specialists to deal with the mold and fungus removal.

    Back out on the street the group stands in the dim light of burning street lamps in front of the Gothic edifice of the Blackros Museum thankful to have come out alive- yet uncertain as to what exactly they had just witnessed in the basement of the Museum. Venture Captain Hestram would want a full report, but that could wait until morning...

    I wasn't sure exactly what you were going for Jake. The Break DC to remove the cannister is 25. You can't take 20 because you only have 10 rounds of large size. After the spell ends even climbing up there and taking 20 won't give you enough str bonus to hit the DC.
    Until you reduce its hps to 0 Kuburrum Ishme-Dagan lives on in control of Imrizade and potentially others over time. I'm going to assume that you actually destroy it and retain the pieces.
    Note: Enlarge gives you +2 str which is only a +1 modifier.

    That more or less wraps us up. Thanks again for playing guys.
    I've already sent out Chronicle sheets for Noa, Belegorn and Jake.
    For everyone else, if you have a day job roll to make you can do it here (or take 10) then PM me your email address and PFS # so I can send your sheet.

    Sovereign Court

    Fem (HP 19/19 | AC 16 | T 12 | FF 14 | CMD 15 | F +3 | R +4 | W +2 | Init +2 | Per +7) 1/2E Bar(Urban) 1, Brd(Dervish Dancer) 1

    Thanks, all, for my first PFS mission!

    Liberty's Edge

    Fighter 5 (Two-Handed), HP 48/48, AC: 20/T: 13/FF: 17, Perception +1, F: +7/ R: +4/ W: +2, CMB: +8, CMD: 20, Speed: 20, Init: +4

    Yes, thanks to everyone and WELL DONE!

    Silver Crusade

    Male Half Elf - AC26(31) T12/F23/CMD19| Hp 68/68 | Fort:+14;Ref:+10;Will+12 |Percept.+4| Init.+3. { } Paladin 8 (smite 2/3 used. Hands 4d6 2/11 used)

    Excellent first adventure for me via Pbp. Really enjoyed the thematic summaries between rounds.

    Liberty's Edge

    Fighter 5 (Two-Handed), HP 48/48, AC: 20/T: 13/FF: 17, Perception +1, F: +7/ R: +4/ W: +2, CMB: +8, CMD: 20, Speed: 20, Init: +4

    @ GM Ithuriel: Two questions:

    1) Do we get any Fame Points for this Session? It was not listed on Chronicle Sheet.

    2) I did not see the session posted for my character on the Pathfinder Society portion of the site. Just a nudge to let you know that it needs to be reported. I assume that you just have not gotten to it yet. :-) Thanks.

    Grand Lodge

    Fame didn't exist as a concept until season 3 or so. Used to be just Current Prestige and Total Prestige. They never changed all of the older sheets to reflect that, but Fame is just a renamed for clarity version of your Total Prestige.

    So- yes. Those 2 prestige points do also add to your fame. Every time you get prestige you also get the same amount of fame. You can just jot it in on the margin. Some people use the box for Prestige on older sheets and put a slash between them.
    Like: 4 / 2

    I haven't reported the session on the site yet because I was waiting to hear back from everyone with PFS #'s and then do it all at once. As long as I have the details for everyone (haven't checked yet) I'll probably do it tonight. Good reminder though. I have a few sessions played that went unreported and it is annoying when sorting through my paper work.

    Silver Crusade

    Male Half Elf - AC26(31) T12/F23/CMD19| Hp 68/68 | Fort:+14;Ref:+10;Will+12 |Percept.+4| Init.+3. { } Paladin 8 (smite 2/3 used. Hands 4d6 2/11 used)

    Hopefully you received my email and # via Pm. If Omrax wants to use 2 PP to buy a clw wand, do I just mark it on the cert (sorry never used fame to make a purchase before)?

    Grand Lodge

    In the "Items Bought" section list:

    Wand of CLW -2 PA

    601 to 643 of 643 << first < prev | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | next > last >>
    Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Ith's Voice in the Void PFS pbp All Messageboards

    Want to post a reply? Sign in.

    ©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.