Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

Ith's Voice in the Void (PFS) (Inactive)

Game Master ithuriel


551 to 600 of 643 << first < prev | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | next > last >>
Grand Lodge

Character Stats:
  • 21 HP
  • AC 18 (T 12 : FF 17)
  • Fort +8: Ref +4: Will +6
  • Initiative +1
  • Perception +8
  • Dwarf Cleric 1 / Ranger 1

    Belegorn stays large and keeps swinging. Step up if I need to.

    Hammer Blow: 1d20 + 4 - 2 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 4 - 2 + 1 = 6
    Damage: 3d6 + 4 - 2 ⇒ (5, 2, 2) + 4 - 2 = 11


    She moved 5 ft north. Sorry, map in the morning.

    Grand Lodge

    Male Half-Elven Inquisitor Lvl 1 HP:9/9 | AC:14 | T:10 | FF:12 | CMD:14 | F:+2 | R:+2 | W+6 | Init:+4 | Perc:+10 | Sense Motive:+8

    Any resolution to Marchello's smiting attack? If that had no effect he may try another approach. Also - would Knowledge Arcana be of any use in deciphering the source or means of magical shielding?

    Silver Crusade

    M Human Oracle

    Is my channel energy doing anything to those minion things?


    You are a little ahead there. The smite attack you posted is your round 4 action. I haven't gotten to it yet because we were still in round 3 when you posted it. I will just tell you though- there is no DR in play. As objects the tentacles have hardness.


    Minions? Are talking about the dead bodies of the guards? There was only one zombie and it is dead.

    Silver Crusade

    M Human Oracle

    Ohhhhhh....... I thought those were her zombie guards :P damnation, my apologies.

    Mordecai moves up behind his companions and casts a spell

    Casting 'Cure Light Wounds' on Jake
    1d8 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6

    Andoran

    Fighter 4 (Two-Handed), HP 40/40, AC: 20/T: 13/FF: 17, Perception +1, F: +7/ R: +4/ W: +2, CMB: +8, CMD: 20, Speed: 20, Init: +4

    Jake feels the invigorating sensation of a healing surge flow through his body. he looks over his shoulder briefly to see Mordecai, and he nods curtly before refocusing his attention on the remaining cords tying this woman to something...


    Marchello reflects for a moment and calls on his god. In answer his mace is bathed in a divine light and he then takes another massive swing at the one of the tentacles. The umbilical snaps back and forth like a loose rope when he hits it, but does not break.

    Mordecai moves up behind his companions and casts a spell while reaching out to lay a hand on Jake's back. Jake feels the invigorating sensation of a healing surge flow through his body. he looks over his shoulder briefly to see Mordecai, and he nods curtly before refocusing his attention on the remaining cords tying this woman to something...

    With another swing Jake severs a second umbilical cord which like the other begins flailing around in mid air.

    Belegorn shifts across the room for a clear line of attack and brings the hammer down. It cracks against the stone platform when she steps back.

    Imrizade opens her mouth again to lash out with an impossibly long black tongue, but Jake manages to sidestep it this time.

    Defensive Casting 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (16) + 10 = 26
    Melee Touch 1d20 + 5 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 5 + 3 = 9 Miss, but charge held.
    Electrical Tongue Lashing 3d6 ⇒ (2, 1, 4) = 7

    Tentacle Removal damage 1d3 ⇒ 2

    Belegorn I gave you a move action north so no ally would be granting cover through your reach area.

    Now Round 5:
    Omrax, Imrizade, Marchello, Mordecai, Jake, Belegorn, Noa


    MAP

    EDIT: I just realized I posted Jake's action from round 3 again there. You haven't posted any action for round 4 though it does seem like you intended to continue chopping cords. Roll the attack out.
    Then you need your round 5 action along with the others.

    Taldor

    Fem (HP 19/19 | AC 16 | T 12 | FF 14 | CMD 15 | F +3 | R +4 | W +2 | Init +2 | Per +7) 1/2E Bar(Urban) 1, Brd(Dervish Dancer) 1
    DM Ithuriel wrote:

    MAP

    Dudes, she's shaping up a cone to spray us all at once...


    Then she can get back to summoning Cthulhu. Mwhahaha!

    Grand Lodge

    Male Half-Elven Inquisitor Lvl 1 HP:9/9 | AC:14 | T:10 | FF:12 | CMD:14 | F:+2 | R:+2 | W+6 | Init:+4 | Perc:+10 | Sense Motive:+8

    Marchello desperately pulls his dagger from his pack and slices at one of the cords. "My mace is having no effect"

    Attack (dagger): 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8
    damage: 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3

    and I am having no effect either

    Andoran

    Fighter 4 (Two-Handed), HP 40/40, AC: 20/T: 13/FF: 17, Perception +1, F: +7/ R: +4/ W: +2, CMB: +8, CMD: 20, Speed: 20, Init: +4

    Round 4; AC: 18; HP: 16/22; Power Attack; Furious Focus, Blessed, Guidance

    Jake again targets the umbilical cords (as many as he can) tethering the woman with an attack from his Greatsword.

    GS ATT: 1d20 + 8 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 8 + 1 = 28
    GS DAM: 2d6 + 6 + 3 ⇒ (4, 3) + 6 + 3 = 16

    Round 5; AC: 18; HP: 16/22; Power Attack; Furious Focus, Blessed, Guidance

    Jake again targets the umbilical cords, unless there are none left. If not, then he will attack the woman.

    GS ATT: 1d20 + 8 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 8 + 1 = 27
    GS DAM: 2d6 + 6 + 3 ⇒ (1, 1) + 6 + 3 = 11


    Jake: That will get 4 of 5. You can only do one at a time and they are resolved as sunder attempts. I forgot you have sunder bonuses, but to be honest you are doing plenty of damage. Hasn't been an issue to get that extra point in there.

    Grand Lodge

    Character Stats:
  • 21 HP
  • AC 18 (T 12 : FF 17)
  • Fort +8: Ref +4: Will +6
  • Initiative +1
  • Perception +8
  • Dwarf Cleric 1 / Ranger 1

    Belegorn will drop his hammer swing at the remaining tentacle with his axe, seeing as how swinging at her is getting no where.

    Waraxe: 1d20 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 4 + 1 = 7
    Damage: 2d8 + 4 ⇒ (1, 8) + 4 = 13

    She must not be wearing a yellow dress...

    Andoran

    Fighter 4 (Two-Handed), HP 40/40, AC: 20/T: 13/FF: 17, Perception +1, F: +7/ R: +4/ W: +2, CMB: +8, CMD: 20, Speed: 20, Init: +4

    Ok, is that four out of five with my 5th round action included, or will that get all five after my fith round action?

    Andoran

    Male Half Elf - AC24(26) T12/F23/CMD19| Hp28/60 | Fort:+14;Ref:+10;Will+11 |Percept.+4| Init.+3. { } Paladin 7 (smite 0/3 used. Hands 3d6 4/10 used)

    Round 5

    Zzzzzzz

    wow Omrax might just wake up if this goes a few more rounds

    Silver Crusade

    M Human Oracle

    Mordecai raises his shield and looks on as the tendrils snap one by one.

    Total Defence

    Taldor

    Fem (HP 19/19 | AC 16 | T 12 | FF 14 | CMD 15 | F +3 | R +4 | W +2 | Init +2 | Per +7) 1/2E Bar(Urban) 1, Brd(Dervish Dancer) 1
    Mordecai Shrykeson. wrote:

    Mordecai raises his shield and looks on as the tendrils snap one by one.

    Total Defence

    You know you could also wake the guys who got color sprayed? They'd still be blind, but they could do something, at least.

    You might also have a real plan for your Total Defense, I don't mean to imply you don't. But if you didn't...

    Silver Crusade

    M Human Oracle

    I really have no plan; can I wake them? I thought they were stunned. Let me check the rules.

    Andoran

    Male Half Elf - AC24(26) T12/F23/CMD19| Hp28/60 | Fort:+14;Ref:+10;Will+11 |Percept.+4| Init.+3. { } Paladin 7 (smite 0/3 used. Hands 3d6 4/10 used)

    I would not think we could be awaken since we are unconscious, not just asleep (despite my zzzzz entries). But I agree, total defense is not going to help if she just keeps popping shots with the wand.

    Taldor

    Fem (HP 19/19 | AC 16 | T 12 | FF 14 | CMD 15 | F +3 | R +4 | W +2 | Init +2 | Per +7) 1/2E Bar(Urban) 1, Brd(Dervish Dancer) 1

    I might be wrong. But even dragging Omrax further away might help a lot if things go really badly.

    Silver Crusade

    M Human Oracle

    I need to save my spells and channels, and this character has no offensive capacity so I'm sticking with total defence. That said if you've got a better idea very very open to it.

    Taldor

    Fem (HP 19/19 | AC 16 | T 12 | FF 14 | CMD 15 | F +3 | R +4 | W +2 | Init +2 | Per +7) 1/2E Bar(Urban) 1, Brd(Dervish Dancer) 1
    Mordecai Shrykeson. wrote:
    I need to save my spells and channels, and this character has no offensive capacity so I'm sticking with total defence. That said if you've got a better idea very very open to it.

    It may be unfair of me to say this, from my place sleeping on the floor. But smoke 'em if you got 'em, this plane is on a final approach. Not everyone is a clever gypsy, and you've a total right to not have any of the following occur to Mordecai: 5 dead guys, and their weapons, lie on the floor. Throw something. Or use Fight Defensively, and provide a flank partner to somebody. Also, why do you have Power Attack? And since you have it... why not use it? Run up and disarm her wand, maybe. Anybody can roll a 20.

    Long-term, a crossbow won't be affected by your STR, so it's a good ranged weapon for you. No help for it just now, unless one of th edead guards was armed thus.

    Silver Crusade

    M Human Oracle

    Thank you for the suggestion, but I am still going to total defence.
    And I don't have Power Attack, I think you may be looking at the wrong character.
    Eh, I made this character to be a pure healer and I am going to see how that works out. Still going to leave room for buffs and general support, which I've used by casting Bless, but I'm not going to pick up a weapon. As to why, I have a strength of 7, Heavy encumbrance and doing so will mean I need to drop my shield to spellcast. And I don't want to do that.
    That said, after writing this I have had an idea, and I would like to change my action.

    Mordecai stares at the woman and points an imperious finger at her. "Your rescue is at hand. Foul creature inside of you, fear your imminent departure from this plane!"

    Intimidate:1d20 + 7 ⇒ (17) + 7 = 24

    Taldor

    Fem (HP 19/19 | AC 16 | T 12 | FF 14 | CMD 15 | F +3 | R +4 | W +2 | Init +2 | Per +7) 1/2E Bar(Urban) 1, Brd(Dervish Dancer) 1
    Mordecai Shrykeson. wrote:


    Mordecai stares at the woman and points an imperious finger at her. "Your rescue is at hand. Foul creature inside of you, fear your imminent departure from this plane!"

    Intimidate:1d20+7

    24 is good! :)


    Mordecai: Nice one. Shaken will help you vs melee touch attacks and I think in regards to her defensive casting checks too. I think that roll is going to get you at least one bonus round out of it.
    Note: you do still have the doom spell prepped which could possibly keep her shaken through the end of this fight.

    Noamuth: As Omrax said unconscious is different than sleeping. He won't be able to shake you awake. Also once awake you guys are still stunned for some time which prevents you from taking actions.

    Jake: She will still have one more cord even after your round 5 attack. Round 1 you killed a zombie. The other 4 you cut cords. She had 5 total.

    I'm sorry to say I think the forum dice roller hates you guys :P


    Marchello desperately pulls his dagger from his pack and slices at one of the cords. "My mace is having no effect" The last cord however proves harder to hit than he imagined with it bouncing around in response to Imrizade's movement.

    Mordecai stares at the woman and points an imperious finger at her. "Your rescue is at hand. Foul creature inside of you, fear your imminent departure from this plane!"

    Jake grunts as he hefts his sword again and snaps another cord.

    Belegorn drops his hammer (which immediately shrinks back to its normal size) and pulls an axe to swing at the remaining tentacle, seeing as how swinging at her is getting nowhere. Like Marchello that last cord manages to bounce out of range of his axe at the last moment.

    "Nor may those who pass ever return, for in the Vastnesses transcending our world are Shapes of darkness that seize and bind. The Affair that shambleth about in the night, the Evil that defieth the Elder Sign, the Herd that stand watch at the secret portal each tomb is known to have, and that thrive on that which groweth out of the tenants within -- all these Blacknesses are lesser than HE Who guardeth the Gateway; HE Who will guide the rash one beyond all the worlds into the Abyss of unnamable Devourers. For HE is UMR AT-TAWIL, the Most Ancient One, which the scribe rendereth as THE PROLONGED OF LIFE. And HE arrives. I have no more time to play with you." When she pronounces the name there is a sympathetic ripple in the blackness of the gate's open space and she lifts the wand to fire off another pulsating blast of light.

    I have to say, Noa totally warned you all that you were nicely lined up for color spray and no one moved. Marchello is the only one out of the area of effect.

    Belegorn, Mordecai, & Jake: Will saves

    Now Round 6:
    Omrax, Imrizade, Marchello, Mordecai, Jake, Belegorn, Noa

    Omrax will awake in Round 7 and be able to act in Round 9


    Check the OOC thread for some discussion.

    Silver Crusade

    M Human Oracle

    Will:1d20 + 3 ⇒ (16) + 3 = 19

    Andoran

    Fighter 4 (Two-Handed), HP 40/40, AC: 20/T: 13/FF: 17, Perception +1, F: +7/ R: +4/ W: +2, CMB: +8, CMD: 20, Speed: 20, Init: +4

    Will Save: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 1 = 15

    Andoran

    Fighter 4 (Two-Handed), HP 40/40, AC: 20/T: 13/FF: 17, Perception +1, F: +7/ R: +4/ W: +2, CMB: +8, CMD: 20, Speed: 20, Init: +4

    Round 6; AC: 18; HP: 10/22; Sunder Combat Maneuver, Blessed, Guidance

    Jake attempts to sunder the wand that she holds.

    GS ATT: 1d20 + 6 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 6 + 1 = 25
    GS DAM: 2d6 + 6 ⇒ (5, 4) + 6 = 15

    That ought to do it!

    Grand Lodge

    Male Half-Elven Inquisitor Lvl 1 HP:9/9 | AC:14 | T:10 | FF:12 | CMD:14 | F:+2 | R:+2 | W+6 | Init:+4 | Perc:+10 | Sense Motive:+8

    ROUND 6 - HP 9/9

    Once again, Marchello attempts to separate the woman from the tentacles that appear to be controlling her. Hemakes another furious slash with his dagger.

    Attack (dagger): 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6
    Damage: 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3

    Freaking unreal, I am all but useless.

    Grand Lodge

    Character Stats:
  • 21 HP
  • AC 18 (T 12 : FF 17)
  • Fort +8: Ref +4: Will +6
  • Initiative +1
  • Perception +8
  • Dwarf Cleric 1 / Ranger 1

    Will Save: 1d20 + 5 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 + 5 = 17

    Belegorn will swing at a tentacle if there still is one, otherwise he will swing at her.
    Waraxe: 1d20 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 4 + 1 = 12
    Damage: 2d8 + 4 ⇒ (6, 8) + 4 = 18

    Andoran

    Male Half Elf - AC24(26) T12/F23/CMD19| Hp28/60 | Fort:+14;Ref:+10;Will+11 |Percept.+4| Init.+3. { } Paladin 7 (smite 0/3 used. Hands 3d6 4/10 used)

    Omrax will lie stunned until he can act in round 9...just letting you know i am checking in...

    Silver Crusade

    M Human Oracle

    Mordecai will try and aid Belegorn in his attack.

    Aid another action
    Need to make DC 10:
    1d20 - 1 ⇒ (9) - 1 = 8
    +2 on your attack if this hits.


    Once again, Marchello attempts to separate the woman from the tentacles that appear to be controlling her. He makes another furious slash with his dagger but the cord bobs wildly.

    Mordecai makes a feint at her with the edge of his shield, but Imrizade is unconvinced.

    Just as the blast of pulsating light vanishes Jake brings his sword down across her thin wood wand. There is a crackle of energy and it snaps, splintering into two halves.

    Belegorn swings at the last tentacle, but the damned thing proves to be a difficult target.

    In retribution her tongue snakes out crackling and arcing electricity as it slithers over Jake's armor.

    Melee Touch 1d20 + 5 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 5 + 3 = 23
    Electrical Damage 3d6 ⇒ (3, 3, 2) = 8

    Now Round 7:
    Omrax, Imrizade, Marchello, Mordecai, Jake, Belegorn, Noa

    MAP

    Omrax and Noa both awake in Round 7, but remain blinded and stunned for now.

    Andoran

    Fighter 4 (Two-Handed), HP 40/40, AC: 20/T: 13/FF: 17, Perception +1, F: +7/ R: +4/ W: +2, CMB: +8, CMD: 20, Speed: 20, Init: +4

    Round 7; AC: 18; HP: 8/22; Power Attack; Furious Focus, Blessed, Guidance

    Jake attempts to sever the final umbilical cord.

    GS ATT: 1d20 + 8 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 8 + 1 = 29
    GS DAM: 2d6 + 6 + 3 ⇒ (4, 3) + 6 + 3 = 16

    Confirm Crit: 1d20 + 8 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 8 + 1 = 24
    Crit Dam: 2d6 + 6 + 3 ⇒ (3, 3) + 6 + 3 = 15

    Potential Total Damage of 31! Jake is on fire!

    Silver Crusade

    M Human Oracle

    Mordecai taps Jake with another spell.

    Cure light wounds
    1d8 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3

    Grand Lodge

    Character Stats:
  • 21 HP
  • AC 18 (T 12 : FF 17)
  • Fort +8: Ref +4: Will +6
  • Initiative +1
  • Perception +8
  • Dwarf Cleric 1 / Ranger 1

    Belegorn is waiting for Jake's action to resolve before he decides what to do.


    That will leave us waiting for Marchello, then me, then you so I'll just give you a preview now.
    Jake easily severs the last tentacle. It does not end the possession. If you recall, she was possessed well before she came down here and rigged herself up to the tentacles so there is no connection there.
    You don't have any real way to know this, but you have reduced and finally ended her fast healing 3 by severing the cords. You also achieved something else, but it is unrelated to the possession.

    Grand Lodge

    Character Stats:
  • 21 HP
  • AC 18 (T 12 : FF 17)
  • Fort +8: Ref +4: Will +6
  • Initiative +1
  • Perception +8
  • Dwarf Cleric 1 / Ranger 1

    Well then,

    Belegorn swings at the lady, as severing the tentacles has not stopped her.
    Waraxe: 1d20 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 4 + 1 = 20
    Damage: 2d8 + 4 ⇒ (7, 4) + 4 = 15

    Andoran

    Fighter 4 (Two-Handed), HP 40/40, AC: 20/T: 13/FF: 17, Perception +1, F: +7/ R: +4/ W: +2, CMB: +8, CMD: 20, Speed: 20, Init: +4

    We need to destroy the cannister at the top of the gate!

    Grand Lodge

    Character Stats:
  • 21 HP
  • AC 18 (T 12 : FF 17)
  • Fort +8: Ref +4: Will +6
  • Initiative +1
  • Perception +8
  • Dwarf Cleric 1 / Ranger 1

    A nice thought, but we need to live long enough to take care of it!

    I'm all for helping the girl, but half our party is unconscious. I think we need to deal with the immediate threat first. Marchello could maybe relieve her of that wand? I should have tried, but I forgot about it when I posted.

    Andoran

    Fighter 4 (Two-Handed), HP 40/40, AC: 20/T: 13/FF: 17, Perception +1, F: +7/ R: +4/ W: +2, CMB: +8, CMD: 20, Speed: 20, Init: +4

    @Belegorn: Read GM's second to last post. Wand is gone...I sundered it last round.

    Grand Lodge

    Male Half-Elven Inquisitor Lvl 1 HP:9/9 | AC:14 | T:10 | FF:12 | CMD:14 | F:+2 | R:+2 | W+6 | Init:+4 | Perc:+10 | Sense Motive:+8

    "Should we try non-lethal?" Marchello queries.

    How high up is the cannister? Could Marchello hit it with his mace?


    15 feet up


    Marchello.

    Grand Lodge

    Male Half-Elven Inquisitor Lvl 1 HP:9/9 | AC:14 | T:10 | FF:12 | CMD:14 | F:+2 | R:+2 | W+6 | Init:+4 | Perc:+10 | Sense Motive:+8

    "Belegorn, pick up you hammer and smash that cannister! We can't reach it.

    Marchello relents on the now flailing cords. He then casts CLW on Jake and picks back up his mace.

    1d8 ⇒ 3

    551 to 600 of 643 << first < prev | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | next > last >>
    Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Ith's Voice in the Void PFS pbp All Messageboards

    Want to post a reply? Sign in.

    ©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.