Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

RPG Superstar 2015

Ith's Voice in the Void (PFS) (Inactive)

Game Master ithuriel


451 to 500 of 643 << first < prev | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | next > last >>
Liberty's Edge

Fighter 5 (Two-Handed), HP 44/48, AC: 20/T: 13/FF: 17, Perception +1, F: +7/ R: +4/ W: +2, CMB: +8, CMD: 20, Speed: 20, Init: +4

Jake follows Belegorn towards the box.

It cannot hurt to investigate. I would prefer that someone a little more skilled at this give it a try though.


Kn Nature doesn't really apply in this case. It is an iron box with a lid.

Grand Lodge

Male Half-Elven Inquisitor Lvl 1 HP:9/9 | AC:14 | T:10 | FF:12 | CMD:14 | F:+2 | R:+2 | W+6 | Init:+4 | Perc:+10 | Sense Motive:+8

"Funny thing about rogues ... never one around when you need one. Here let me try."

Marchello will cast detect magic on the box, then will evaluate it to see if it may be trapped or whether there is anything else remarkable about its experior. Perception: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (13) + 10 = 23

Sovereign Court

Fem (HP 19/19 | AC 16 | T 12 | FF 14 | CMD 15 | F +3 | R +4 | W +2 | Init +2 | Per +7) 1/2E Bar(Urban) 1, Brd(Dervish Dancer) 1

"Ay Dia Mia", Noa exclaims. "Cover a thing and tell a man 'no', and he will never stop trying." She goes to the chest, and says, "What if it is another trap? The statue: trap. The stuffed bear: trap. The plant: trap. The other plant: trap. You think it screams to scare us off? It screams to warn someone. You think someone leaves us cakes and ale? Or maybe, I don' know, another trap?"

She levels a scolding gaze at any who might meet it, then sighs. "If you have to, make a little hole, for light and looking. Jus' don' do wha' you been expected to do. Here, I'll do it."

Noa uses the thrusting point of her halberd as a makeshift drill, spinning it in the fashion of a fire bow, between her hands, to drill into the top of the chest.

well, derp. Iron box. derp derp derp. I guess, still try.

Silver Crusade

Male Half Elf - AC26() T12/F23/CMD19| Hp 68/68 | Fort:+14;Ref:+10;Will+12 |Percept.+4| Init.+3. { div bond +2 } Paladin 8 (smite 0/3 used. Hands 4d6 0/11 used)

Omrax moves up with shield and sword at the ready. He will keep 10' from the box but be ready to interpose between party and any creatures emerging from doors.

Infact he will scan door and box for evil emminations.


Marchello's gaze glazes over while he focuses on the box. Noa uses her glaive to fiddle it. It isn't going to poke through iron, but she could probably use it to open the lid if she wanted.

Omrax opens his sight, but neither the box nor the fanged gate register as evil enough to make an impression.

Site maintenance got me again last night.
Marchello: Moderate Conjuration aura
Marchello Spellcraft: Not trained, so can't interpret further

Sovereign Court

Fem (HP 19/19 | AC 16 | T 12 | FF 14 | CMD 15 | F +3 | R +4 | W +2 | Init +2 | Per +7) 1/2E Bar(Urban) 1, Brd(Dervish Dancer) 1

"This is ridiculus", Noa says, giving up. "Do we really need this?"

Grand Lodge

Male Half-Elven Inquisitor Lvl 1 HP:9/9 | AC:14 | T:10 | FF:12 | CMD:14 | F:+2 | R:+2 | W+6 | Init:+4 | Perc:+10 | Sense Motive:+8

"I think I need something important in there. It has some type of magical aura - conjuration I think, cananyone dispel it or should we just try to open it? Maybe Noa you could lift the lid from a few feet away?"

Sovereign Court

Fem (HP 19/19 | AC 16 | T 12 | FF 14 | CMD 15 | F +3 | R +4 | W +2 | Init +2 | Per +7) 1/2E Bar(Urban) 1, Brd(Dervish Dancer) 1

"Maybe we can come back? We are trapped down a hole with any enemies warned. And everything here been a trap. It looks to me a trap. Put it in a bag; you can open it through the bag. If it got spit-dust like the plant, you're safe. If it gonna 'splode, might still help. If it's the blade, took that guys legs... well, be behind it, maybe. If it don't bite somehow, then find your thing, an' laugh at me."

Silver Crusade

Male Half Elf - AC26() T12/F23/CMD19| Hp 68/68 | Fort:+14;Ref:+10;Will+12 |Percept.+4| Init.+3. { div bond +2 } Paladin 8 (smite 0/3 used. Hands 4d6 0/11 used)

"I agree with Lady Noa, exercise caution with the strange box or save it for later. At least until we know what else is down here. I do not like the looks of the box or the gate, but I sense no immediate evil from either."

Omrax will move to a position flanking the door/gate. (Was there a map I missed?)

Grand Lodge

Male Half-Elven Inquisitor Lvl 1 HP:9/9 | AC:14 | T:10 | FF:12 | CMD:14 | F:+2 | R:+2 | W+6 | Init:+4 | Perc:+10 | Sense Motive:+8

"Fair enough then - stand back, I'll open it." He waits for the party to take their respective defensive positions, casts guidance on himself and then steps back a couple of paces, using his mace to flip it open. His eyes squit tight as he does, hoping for nothing bad to happen.

Sovereign Court

Fem (HP 19/19 | AC 16 | T 12 | FF 14 | CMD 15 | F +3 | R +4 | W +2 | Init +2 | Per +7) 1/2E Bar(Urban) 1, Brd(Dervish Dancer) 1

{Why not the bag?}, Noa wonders, stepping back as Marchello jactas the alia...

Liberty's Edge

Fighter 5 (Two-Handed), HP 44/48, AC: 20/T: 13/FF: 17, Perception +1, F: +7/ R: +4/ W: +2, CMB: +8, CMD: 20, Speed: 20, Init: +4

Jake raises his sword in anticipation of what will occur.

That Marchello has a set on him, I will give him that much!

Grand Lodge

Male Half-Elven Inquisitor Lvl 1 HP:9/9 | AC:14 | T:10 | FF:12 | CMD:14 | F:+2 | R:+2 | W+6 | Init:+4 | Perc:+10 | Sense Motive:+8

Whether he will continue to have in the future remains to be seen.


Marchello has barely managed to get the lid up before hundreds upon hundreds of spiders begin flowing over the edge in a wave and up his mace.

Everyone can roll Init. I'll roll for anyone who hasn't and get the order posted once I make it home.

Liberty's Edge

Fighter 5 (Two-Handed), HP 44/48, AC: 20/T: 13/FF: 17, Perception +1, F: +7/ R: +4/ W: +2, CMB: +8, CMD: 20, Speed: 20, Init: +4

Initiative: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 13

The Exchange

Character Stats:
  • 21 HP
  • AC 18 (T 12 : FF 17)
  • Fort +8: Ref +4: Will +6
  • Initiative +1
  • Perception +8
  • Dwarf Cleric 1 / Ranger 1

    A swarm, oh goody. I guess Noa was right.
    Initiative: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 16

    On his turn, Belegorn will pull out a flask of acid and throw it at the swarm of spiders.
    Touch Attack: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 = 22
    Acid Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 6 x1.5 for swarms

    Sovereign Court

    Fem (HP 19/19 | AC 16 | T 12 | FF 14 | CMD 15 | F +3 | R +4 | W +2 | Init +2 | Per +7) 1/2E Bar(Urban) 1, Brd(Dervish Dancer) 1

    Init +2 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18

    Aid Another to Marcello's AC, 1d20 ⇒ 16

    Noa rushes up to slam the coffer's lid.


    Init:
    Marchello 22+
    Swarm 22
    Noamuth 18
    Belegorn 16
    Jake 13
    Mordecai 10
    Omrax 7

    Mordecai 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (10) + 0 = 10
    Omrax 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7
    Marchello 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 22
    Swarm 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22

    Belegorn

    Spoiler:
    Is Belegorn's +2 init a typo on his sheet? He has +1 dex, no trait modifier, no feat or racial ability and as far as I can tell no item to modify it.
    I see he would have +3 if it were a surprise round, but this one is regular.

    Kn Nature for swarm traits if you have it

    The Exchange

    Character Stats:
  • 21 HP
  • AC 18 (T 12 : FF 17)
  • Fort +8: Ref +4: Will +6
  • Initiative +1
  • Perception +8
  • Dwarf Cleric 1 / Ranger 1

    Kn Nature: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19

    GM:
    Hmm, yes, you are right.


    Belegorn

    Spoiler:
    These spiders are too small for weapons to be worth much of anything. You need something that will spread over an area like fire or acid.
    Spells that target a specific creature will not make an impact.
    Noa is about to waste her action. Swarms do not target your AC. They just move over you to attack.

    The Exchange

    Character Stats:
  • 21 HP
  • AC 18 (T 12 : FF 17)
  • Fort +8: Ref +4: Will +6
  • Initiative +1
  • Perception +8
  • Dwarf Cleric 1 / Ranger 1

    It's a swarm of spiders. Noa, get back unless you have a flask of Acid to throw at them or something like that.

    Noa, Aid Another is not going to help much here, don't waste the action. We should try to spread out so they can't hit more than one of us at once.

    Silver Crusade

    Male Half Elf - AC26() T12/F23/CMD19| Hp 68/68 | Fort:+14;Ref:+10;Will+12 |Percept.+4| Init.+3. { div bond +2 } Paladin 8 (smite 0/3 used. Hands 4d6 0/11 used)

    If the critters are not dead by the time his turn comes up, Omrax will 5' step away from spiders. From there, drop his sword (free) and use a move action to pull out a flask of oil or a tindertwig to throw on the swarm (if it already has oil).

    Sovereign Court

    Fem (HP 19/19 | AC 16 | T 12 | FF 14 | CMD 15 | F +3 | R +4 | W +2 | Init +2 | Per +7) 1/2E Bar(Urban) 1, Brd(Dervish Dancer) 1

    "Acid? They're on Marc!"

    Unequipped with acid or similar, Noa steps away, watching the room's entrances...

    Grand Lodge

    Male Half-Elven Inquisitor Lvl 1 HP:9/9 | AC:14 | T:10 | FF:12 | CMD:14 | F:+2 | R:+2 | W+6 | Init:+4 | Perc:+10 | Sense Motive:+8

    "Great, I've gone and done it now" As Marchello sighs, he jumps back away from the box and others around him (5 foot step) and pulls a flask of oil from his pack and throws it, smashing it on the ground at the swarm and hopefully covering them in oil.


    Marchello jumps back smashing a flask of oil amid the swarm, but they continue to flow towards him, up his legs and all around him biting any exposed flesh they find. Noamuth backs away and Belegorn smashes a flask of acid at Marchello's feet. The acid spreads out instantly dissolving every spider it touches and causing the swarm to scatter harmlessly throughout the room.

    End of Combat.
    Swarm damage 1d6 ⇒ 4
    Marchello: +1 point of acid splash damage = 5 total
    + Fort Save vs poison

    Liberty's Edge

    Fighter 5 (Two-Handed), HP 44/48, AC: 20/T: 13/FF: 17, Perception +1, F: +7/ R: +4/ W: +2, CMB: +8, CMD: 20, Speed: 20, Init: +4

    Well, now that the threat has been dealt with quickly, what does the box contain?

    Sovereign Court

    Fem (HP 19/19 | AC 16 | T 12 | FF 14 | CMD 15 | F +3 | R +4 | W +2 | Init +2 | Per +7) 1/2E Bar(Urban) 1, Brd(Dervish Dancer) 1

    "Let Marco open it, huh? He earned it.", Noa smiles.

    The Exchange

    Character Stats:
  • 21 HP
  • AC 18 (T 12 : FF 17)
  • Fort +8: Ref +4: Will +6
  • Initiative +1
  • Perception +8
  • Dwarf Cleric 1 / Ranger 1

    There we go Marchello, nothing to worry about! Belegorn slaps him on the back, then taps him with his wand.
    CLW: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6

    Grand Lodge

    Male Half-Elven Inquisitor Lvl 1 HP:9/9 | AC:14 | T:10 | FF:12 | CMD:14 | F:+2 | R:+2 | W+6 | Init:+4 | Perc:+10 | Sense Motive:+8

    Marchello writhes in pain as the swams nibbles on him and collapses in relief as Belegorn's acid saves him. He looks up and says "Thank you, you saved me, I truly appreciate it. And your kindness with the healing ... your generousity is unending"

    He stands after a moment and approaches the box to inspect what is inside.

    Fort save vs. poison: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14


    When Marchello opens the chest his ears are blasted with a keening alarm. At a guess you would imagine that alarm is loud enough that at ground level an entire district of Absalom would hear it. The chest is empty save a few straggling spiders and a tiny stone cube engraved with runes and affixed to the side of one wall which is emitting the alarm.

    A bit late on that. I overlooked it in the initial description because it is tacked on after some stuff about subtier 6-7. Bad layout.
    Had I noticed that I would have also told you there was a faint aura of abjuration. The conjuration was a trick via magic aura. I suppose I might have used it to just suppress the abjuration aura instead had I known.


    Detect Magic + Spellcraft to ID the cube

    Liberty's Edge

    Fighter 5 (Two-Handed), HP 44/48, AC: 20/T: 13/FF: 17, Perception +1, F: +7/ R: +4/ W: +2, CMB: +8, CMD: 20, Speed: 20, Init: +4

    Close it! Let's move to the gate.

    Jake brandishes his Greatsword and flanks the gate with Omrax.

    Grand Lodge

    Male Half-Elven Inquisitor Lvl 1 HP:9/9 | AC:14 | T:10 | FF:12 | CMD:14 | F:+2 | R:+2 | W+6 | Init:+4 | Perc:+10 | Sense Motive:+8

    Marchello has cast himself as the lead in his personal homage to a Comedy of Errors.

    Marchello casts detect magic but is untrained in spellcraft and cannot identify its nature.

    He looks to see if there is a false bottom or other compartment: Perception: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (12) + 10 = 22

    He tries to yeall above the sound - "I swear, there was supposed to be something here, a very important scroll, the Lodge is very interested in it, supposedly in a box here in the basement!"

    Sovereign Court

    Fem (HP 19/19 | AC 16 | T 12 | FF 14 | CMD 15 | F +3 | R +4 | W +2 | Init +2 | Per +7) 1/2E Bar(Urban) 1, Brd(Dervish Dancer) 1

    If closing the box doesn't stop the alarm...

    "Hol' on...", Noa says, opening the coffer again, and laying a gentle hand on the cube. "Hush, you.", she says, as though scolding it.

    UMD+3 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9

    Shrugging, Noa says, "Worth a try."

    She closes the box again, and tries to lift it. "It's frakin' annoying! Let it annoy them!", she suggests, nodding toward the door. "If they come to stop it, we got bows..."


    She tries to silence the cube then flips the box shut, but the alarm continues to wail.

    Marchello> You need two things, but you already found the one that was supposed to be in the box. It was in the room full of crates where you fought the yellow pod.

    MAP

    Liberty's Edge

    Fighter 5 (Two-Handed), HP 44/48, AC: 20/T: 13/FF: 17, Perception +1, F: +7/ R: +4/ W: +2, CMB: +8, CMD: 20, Speed: 20, Init: +4

    Leave it! let's get moving. Whatever awaits us knows we are coming now.

    Jake rushes to the gate and attempts to open it.

    Silver Crusade

    M Human Oracle

    Mordecai follows behind Jake, shield covering his back.

    "Gods, is there NOTHING here that is not trapped or deadly?"

    Silver Crusade

    Male Half Elf - AC26() T12/F23/CMD19| Hp 68/68 | Fort:+14;Ref:+10;Will+12 |Percept.+4| Init.+3. { div bond +2 } Paladin 8 (smite 0/3 used. Hands 4d6 0/11 used)

    Since the spiders are dead Omrax tightens the grip on his sword and prepares to enter the gate if Jake opens it.

    Sovereign Court

    Fem (HP 19/19 | AC 16 | T 12 | FF 14 | CMD 15 | F +3 | R +4 | W +2 | Init +2 | Per +7) 1/2E Bar(Urban) 1, Brd(Dervish Dancer) 1

    If Noa can lift the alarmed box, she will prepare to throw it through the gate.

    "They know we're coming. Why not come slowly, and careful? Let's not charge into a nest of those dust plants."

    Silver Crusade

    Male Half Elf - AC26() T12/F23/CMD19| Hp 68/68 | Fort:+14;Ref:+10;Will+12 |Percept.+4| Init.+3. { div bond +2 } Paladin 8 (smite 0/3 used. Hands 4d6 0/11 used)

    "But Lady Noa! What if the owners of the alarm set it here to warn if anyone came to rescue our missing girl? Who knows what they might do to her? Something smarter than a plant set that box here. They could be fleeing with her..."

    Deferring to the wisdom or tactics of his companions, Omrax will hold his position until others indicate intent to enter the gate.

    Sovereign Court

    Fem (HP 19/19 | AC 16 | T 12 | FF 14 | CMD 15 | F +3 | R +4 | W +2 | Init +2 | Per +7) 1/2E Bar(Urban) 1, Brd(Dervish Dancer) 1

    "They been havin' days. They gon' wait to run, until the plant and then the box both scream? I don' know. I don' know what's goin' on, but I jus' pretend I'm on the other side, waitin'. And right now, I am so ready for us to bust in. So for us, I'm thinkin', no' so fast. Maybe we shove down a book case, from upstairs, and push it through, somethin' to hide behind for archers. Or if she's there and hurt, to make a stratcher. Stecher. Pallet."

    "But you know, all charging in, could be fun, too."


    Jake throws aside the heavy black curtain on the toothed gate. Beyond the walls and ceiling bulge outward, continuing the grotesque architectural style of the antechamber, as if you were standing in the leviathan’s stomach. Queer, glowing cysts protrude from the walls at
    seemingly random intervals, bathing the room in their sickly green glow.

    A tall, free-standing, roughly circular gate designed to look like organic nodules of bone and tumorous growths stands atop a low dais in a wide alcove at the far end of the chamber. The gate is carved from a glowing blue-green stone with hieroglyphics engraved up the arch and spaced between stone eyes looking in all directions. The center of the arch is empty, revealing the wall behind it, but the space occasionally flickers with curtains of starry darkness, as if somewhere else lies just beyond the portal. A susurrus of ghostly whispers seem to issue from the gate, their language and meaning unclear, but fraught with a sense of wrongness.

    Scattered around the dias where the gate sits are the corpses of Nigel's museum guards. Four of them lay splayed out across the floor while one stands with the gate centered behind him, face and eyes blank.

    Imrizade Blakros hovers just above the dais before the arch, supported by five disgusting, fleshy, fungoid umbilicals attached to her hips, shoulders, and the base of her skull. The Blackros daughter is half-Osirian, with long, dark hair and light brown skin, wearing a weathered explorer’s outfit. Her eyes are completely black, showing no iris or whites.

    Init:
    Omrax, Imrizade, Marchello, Mordecai, Jake, The Dead, Belegorn, Noa

    Init Dice:

    Spoiler:
    Noa 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3
    Omrax 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 21
    Mordecai 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (17) + 0 = 17
    Marchello 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 17
    Belegorn 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8
    Jake 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 13
    Dead Guard 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 1 = 13
    Imrizade 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (11) + 7 = 18


    MAP

    Red Circle + Square = Prone
    Kn Religion check if you have ranks

    Sovereign Court

    Fem (HP 19/19 | AC 16 | T 12 | FF 14 | CMD 15 | F +3 | R +4 | W +2 | Init +2 | Per +7) 1/2E Bar(Urban) 1, Brd(Dervish Dancer) 1

    The umbilicae attached to Imrizade, do they go to the gate, like she's puppeted? Or to the floor, like she's entangled? I guess, given all the distance, I've got to roll dice...
    perc+6 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24


    To the gate.
    Also- as in the drawing the canopic jar / cannister she had has been attached to the gate at the apex 15 feet above the floor.

    Sovereign Court

    Fem (HP 19/19 | AC 16 | T 12 | FF 14 | CMD 15 | F +3 | R +4 | W +2 | Init +2 | Per +7) 1/2E Bar(Urban) 1, Brd(Dervish Dancer) 1
    DM Ithuriel wrote:

    To the gate.

    Also- as in the drawing the canopic jar / cannister she had has been attached to the gate at the apex 15 feet above the floor.

    "You see that? That's the jar, at the top of the arch. So, we gotta smash it, yes?"

    Silver Crusade

    Male Half Elf - AC26() T12/F23/CMD19| Hp 68/68 | Fort:+14;Ref:+10;Will+12 |Percept.+4| Init.+3. { div bond +2 } Paladin 8 (smite 0/3 used. Hands 4d6 0/11 used)

    "Aye Lady Noa, I never envisioned a room like this....whatever it is, it is not intending good. I am not sure we can save the girl, but we can attempt to destroy the tentacles and jar!"

    Omrax will double move into the room to O-4. To the gate and jar and tentacles he shouts...

    "Release the girl and go back to the cesspool you slithered from beast!"


    Omrax> I just wanted to note that everything in this room was just beyond the range of your previous detect evil since you were back on the other side of the chest when using it.

    Silver Crusade

    Male Half Elf - AC26() T12/F23/CMD19| Hp 68/68 | Fort:+14;Ref:+10;Will+12 |Percept.+4| Init.+3. { div bond +2 } Paladin 8 (smite 0/3 used. Hands 4d6 0/11 used)

    Understood. He is going by visual creepy factor at this point.

    451 to 500 of 643 << first < prev | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | next > last >>
    Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Ith's Voice in the Void PFS pbp All Messageboards

    Want to post a reply? Sign in.

    ©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.