Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

RPG Superstar 2015

Ith's PFS pbp

Game Master ithuriel


201 to 250 of 3,069 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Scarab Sages

Male Elf Alchemist (Beastmorph) 3

With as much dignity as he can muster, Sekhemre nods curtly to the boy, and collects the papers.

After smoothing down his clothes, and adjusting his collar, Sekhemre glances over Raimondo, sighs, and shakes his head.

"That would not be entirely appropriate, considering we have been looking for you to learn what happened to our caravan. However, you are not going to be of much use to us in your current state..."

Heal (to identify exactly what is wrong with him): 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 20.

Sekhemre then goes over to the barman, to see whether he can get a private room, or at the very least, a private booth, and to see if they have any Qadiran coffee, and if so, tinkers with the brew a little, adding some 'special' ingredients to see if he can help sober-up Raimondo...

Craft (Alchemy): 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (5) + 11 = 16.

EDIT: Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (12) + 7 = 19.

Liberty's Edge

Male Dwarf HP: 23[23] AC: 23 Firebolt 7[7] +3 (1d6) Channel: 5[5] 1d6 Endure Elements
ithuriel wrote:

The boy's accent is completely out of place for the pirate he is supposed to be. It's far more cultured Chelaxian than Bloodcove pirate.

Fog - make a heal check
Sekhemre - make a perception check
The boy with the crimson bangs wants to check on the Captain, but right now Sekhemre is between them. I'll see how he reacts before assuming he is able.

Heal: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (3) + 8 = 11

Grand Lodge

Heal DC 20

Spoiler:
Funny. Raimondo doesn't smell like he's had near as much to drink as you would expect from the state of his public display. Also his eyes are dilated and unfocused. He may very well have been poisoned.
Currently has 8 points Wis damage and 3 Int damage

Sek only

Spoiler:
A small vial of powder has fallen out of Captain Elanzo's pocket when he fell.

"Your caravan? Wha-? Ohhhhhh! Yer the Pa-" he pauses as a look of slow dawning realization passes over his face. "the client. I've been exschpecting you for sooo long... Where have you been?"

Scarab Sages

Male Elf Alchemist (Beastmorph) 3

When the red-headed boy issues his threat, Sekhemre narrows his eyes.

"I would not do that, if I were you. This man," he gestures towards Raimondo, "although he certainly has imbibed more than he should, has also been poisoned. Furthermore," he says, as he swoops down on the vial that fell from the Captain's sleeve, deftly removes the top, and carefully sniffs the contents, "I think you will find that this is the poison that was used. I dare say that it would prove rather inconvenient if it became widely known that your Captain had a habit of drugging those that he gambled with. Why don't we call it a draw, and not cause each other any further trouble?"

Craft(Alchemy): (To identify the contents of the vial): 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (17) + 11 = 28.
Knowledge(Nature): (To identify the contents of the vial): 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (6) + 11 = 17.

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 6 = 26.

Grand Lodge

When Sekhemre asks for a private room, Raimondo says, "I've got a room already" and holds up a key. "I think I need to lie down..."

The boy looks at the vial suspicion obvious on his face, "Why would I believe a word from you?" The sailor Fog punched in the gut wheezes, "It's true Trato. The old man and Scevola have a long history. I saw him slip it in when he bought the second round."
Trato slowly looks down at Captain Elanzo then shifts back to glowering at Sekhemre. He sighs in exasperation, "Just get out of here then. Leave."

The waitress who has been cowering covering her ears in the corner, stands up and looks around at the brawlers and seems to regain her composure and some measure of indignation as she points a finger at Sekhemre and his companions, "No. I don't think so. You all can clean up the mess you made. Put these tables back together and you better clean up your sorcerous goop now!" she says pointing at the grease coating a section of the floor and a couple of chairs, "I'll bring you a mop. Jarvis," she looks at the sailor with the busted nose, "get Elanzo out of here. All of you are banned for the rest of the week. Raimondo- as soon as you wake up I want you out of here too." She storms off to get the mop and the other patrons grab their things and head out the front door.

Aldred and Wadi see the sailors obviously giving up. Sekhemre and the boy begin angrily shouting at each other and Raimondo steps over to pee on a plant. The waitress stands up and starts shouting at people while pointing at the grease coating the floor and then at the door, but throughout it all you hear nothing but a steady ringing silence. All of the other patrons get up, heading for the door massaging their ears and popping their jaws.

Sek

Spoiler:
Striped Toadstool, ingested, 10 minute onset, serious wisdom damage, secondary intelligence damage. Not lethal. Worst case it will cause someone to eventually pass out, but Raimondo appears to be past the worst of it. Going to take him DAYS to fully recover, but for now he just needs a little rest to sleep off the worst of it.
He can leave whenever you are ready, but would like to sleep until then.
If you really wanted to alchemy something up to get him over it, it would be lesser restoration. The damage has already been done so antitoxin has missed its window of opportunity. ((It's okay. You don't have to spend money to restore him to proceed with the adventure. Just want to be clear.))

Scarab Sages

Male Elf Alchemist (Beastmorph) 3

That's fine Ithuriel. I was not sure what had happened to him, so I thought I should see what I could get away with. If he only needs to sleep the worst of it off, I think we should ensconce him in his room, have a quick chat about where the horses are, and come back for him in the morning.

As the sailors file out, with their Captain in tow, Sekhemre turns to the waitress, giving her a faint smile, and a sweeping bow.

"Of course I will clean up after myself. I would not dream of leaving this fine establishment in a shambles, especially when I caused some of the disarray. One does not want to garner a reputation for leaving a mess!"

He will then re-arrange tables and chairs, repairing the damaged ones as best he can...

Craft(Carpentry): 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 23.

Liberty's Edge

Male Dwarf HP: 23[23] AC: 23 Firebolt 7[7] +3 (1d6) Channel: 5[5] 1d6 Endure Elements

Fog stands, mouth agape, as Sek pulls a mallet and chissel from somewhere and begins rebuilding furniture.

"Mind you don't leave any shavings there!" he grins, before pitching in.

Dark Archive

Wadi is relieved to see violencee is ended. Unfortunately the ringing in his ears muted that somewhat.

He notes the Chelaxian lad, and decides to be friendly to him. Walking over to the lad Trato, he first points at his ears, then puts his hands over them, pantomiming deafness. He gives Trato a reassuring grin, trying to show no hard feelings here.

Diplomacy 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22

Liberty's Edge

Fighter (Armor Master) 7/ Ranger 1
Defense:
AC 31; Tch 16; FF 28; CMD 25; DR 3/-; hp 68/68; Fort: 10; Ref: +7; Will: +8
Offense:
Init +2; Spd 20ft; CMB +11; Ixthalos +14/+9 (1d10+7/ 17-20/ x2); Longbow +11/+6 (1d8+2/ x3/ 110ft)
Skills:
Climb +6; Diplomacy +9; Heal +8; Intimidate +9; Knowledge (Dungeon & Nature +4; Planes +1); Perception +13; Profession (Sailor) +6; Spellcraft +5; Survival +10; Swim +6

Well, that was fun. Kayluss says cherrily, I'm not happy about bustin your nose over somethin your captian did but thats in the past now.
Kayluss helps the man he knee'd over to a a chair, Fog, I think some healing might be a welcomed while we clean up. And Miss, he calles over to the barmaid, here is something for your troubles and why not serve a round to the house on me. Reaching into his belt pouch Kayluss removes 2 platnum coins and tosses them to the wench, making sure to catch Trato's eye. Walking over to the boy Kayluss places his hand on Wadi's shoulder. What I think my Cheliaxian friend here is trying to say is that if you haven't any pressing matters to attend to maybe you would like to stay and have a drink with us.

Aid Diplomacy:1d20 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 1 = 20

Sovereign Court

Fey Sorcerer 8 | HP 52/55 | AC 15, Touch 13, Flat Footed 13 | CMD 14 | Fort: +7, Ref: +6, Will +8 | Init. +6 | Perception +2 | SM 0

Alie was unusally quiet. Swayign slightly on her feet, she observed the goings on the best she could. "Does anyone else hear a buzzing sound? It smells like pickles," she adds clearly not in her right mind, randomly babbling a bit.

Liberty's Edge

Male Dwarf HP: 23[23] AC: 23 Firebolt 7[7] +3 (1d6) Channel: 5[5] 1d6 Endure Elements

Fog looks up from righting a chair. "Healing? Oh, yes, of course!"

With that he moves to a clear place, facng an open window, and begins to pray. A shaft of sunlight falls through the window, covering everyone in a preternaturel warmth, infusing life and light into their bones...

Channel Energy: 1d6 ⇒ 6

Sovereign Court

Fey Sorcerer 8 | HP 52/55 | AC 15, Touch 13, Flat Footed 13 | CMD 14 | Fort: +7, Ref: +6, Will +8 | Init. +6 | Perception +2 | SM 0

Thanks Fog, Alie has 3 nonlethal damage, but she should be good to go.

Fog helped Alie clear his namesake from her head and she realized what was happening, although she still had a lingering headache. "You know, I don't think I have ever been hit like that before. I guess I'd better get prepared hanging around with you lot," she laughed, holding her head.

Dark Archive

Wadi basks in the glow of the healing rays, and his bruises fade to just a slight discoloration on his face. Unfortunately, his ringing in his ears is as noticable as ever.

All non lethal damage healed.

Grand Lodge

The waitress is somewhat mollified by Sekhemre and Fog's willingness to clean up and put the place in order. With the other patrons cleared out and Kayluss throwing out a fortune to buy drinks she relents, "Alright then, sit down, but if you start anything else I'm calling the guards." She heads to the bar for a round of drinks. Fog's prayer to Saerenrae leaves everyone more or less recovered from the brawl and the two injured sailors nod appreciatively. The one with the busted nose feels it realizing he has been nearly fully healed and mumbles, "Don't worry about it. Comes with the territory."

They both trudge over and drag Elanzo up into a chair where he wakes up scowling. "Ugh... That hurt.

Aldred, Kayluss, Fog-

Spoiler:

Getting Trato to work as a double agent is going to require getting him to agree to go home first which is a DC 25 Diplomacy (you aren't the only ones with an interest in getting him home so you may have help there and you are at 24 right now) though you need to work on the persuasion IC. Then, DC 20 Diplomacy check to persuade him to serve as a double agent. Discretely suggesting that he aid the cause of freedom from within requires a DC 15 Bluff check to pass the hidden message without alerting anyone who might be secretly working for Cheliax.

Wadi-

Spoiler:

The first part of your faction mission was simply to find Trato of Westcrown. You have 1 Prestige now for that. The second part involves convincing him to return home. Need a Diplomacy DC 25 for that, but these Aldroran guys have been buttering him up. They are at DC 24 right now. One Aid could get you there, but you need to pose your aid as the actual persuasion to get him to go home. Alternatively - you could use Bluff to convince him there is a family emergency (DC 20).
One element of difficulty- you are deafened so you'll have to attempt to read lips to understand his responses. Let's say Perception or Sense Motive for figuring out what he is saying.

Sense Motive DC 10

Spoiler:
The Chelaxian boy seemed to take the revelation that Captain Elanzo poisoned Raimondo purely to cheat at cards pretty hard. He looks extremely let down.

Dark Archive

Sense Motive 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (16) + 6 = 22

Wadi pulls the gentleman Trato aside, and tries to talk him in private.

Ith:
Are the others trying to talk to him in private as well?

Liberty's Edge

Male Dwarf HP: 23[23] AC: 23 Firebolt 7[7] +3 (1d6) Channel: 5[5] 1d6 Endure Elements
ithuriel wrote:

Aldred, Kayluss, Fog-** spoiler omitted **

Spoiler:
Fog is going to keep very quiet after giving his healing, his diplomacy is *not* up to much, so his rolls will all be to aid. his bluff is also not fun...

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14

Liberty's Edge

Male Half Elf Bard 2

The ringing in Aldred’s ears continues. He helps clean up the place as best he can (what with his balance being a bit off and not being able to hear what anyone else says), and gives the sailor that Kayluss punched a hand up. He practices talking to people, trying to judge whether his voice is too loud or too quiet by their reactions ... silently he prays to Shelyn that his hearing returns soon, otherwise he might need to consider a new line of work.

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 1 = 20

When he has a moment, Aldred claps the boy Trato on the back. “Don’t take it so hard my friend,” he says, trying to form his words clearly and not speak too loudly. “Sometimes we travel halfway across the world to realise that there are bad people everywhere ... but there are good people too. Sometimes you need to travel back home to really understand that last part.”

Aid another diplomacy: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10

Liberty's Edge

Male Half Elf Bard 2

Ith, Kayluss, Fog:

Spoiler:
Bluff: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 3 = 18 to get the message across in what he just said ... or not sure if that needs to be combined with the next diplomacy check? If so I'll roll that across to the appropriate point in time.

Aldred pulls the other two Andorans aside and whispers as quietly as he can to them, “I can’t hear a thing after that blast. I can’t negotiate if I can’t hear ... either you two will need to talk to him and I’ll be a friendly face nearby as best I can, or we try to stall until my hearing comes back. Hmmm, look, Wadi has him cornered, I wonder what they are discussing ...”

Liberty's Edge

Male Half Elf Bard 2

Oh, and well done to Sek for initiating and concluding those aggressive negotiations! In roleplaying games (and presumably in life), there is nothing quite like walking up to someone and punching them in the face in the midst of a crowded bar to get the action going.

Dark Archive

Ith:
Ith, I would much rather wait to talk with Trato when I can hear again, but if he is going to leave before my hearing returns, I will talk with him anyway.

Assuming Wadi can get a private moment alone with Trato...

Wadi smiles at him, and says a bit loudly, "Sorry about this, but my hearing has not returned yet. As a fellow Chelaxian, I can understand your frustration with having to deal with these environs, perhaps you would feel more comfortable closer to home? I was told there is a family emergency, and I would advise you to return to visit them."

Bluff 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (7) + 7 = 14
Sense Motive 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 6 = 26

Liberty's Edge

Fighter (Armor Master) 7/ Ranger 1
Defense:
AC 31; Tch 16; FF 28; CMD 25; DR 3/-; hp 68/68; Fort: 10; Ref: +7; Will: +8
Offense:
Init +2; Spd 20ft; CMB +11; Ixthalos +14/+9 (1d10+7/ 17-20/ x2); Longbow +11/+6 (1d8+2/ x3/ 110ft)
Skills:
Climb +6; Diplomacy +9; Heal +8; Intimidate +9; Knowledge (Dungeon & Nature +4; Planes +1); Perception +13; Profession (Sailor) +6; Spellcraft +5; Survival +10; Swim +6

Ith, Fog Aldred:

Ith,
I don't know about Wadi but I forgot to add +1 to my diplomacy check for the perfume. I'm not sure it matters now since with Aldred's aid we should be above the DC correct?
Andorens,
Since Aldred also made the bluff DC all we have to do is apply it in charecter. Any idea's on how to convince someone to be a double agent wihtout saying as much? I'm not comming up with anyting.

Grand Lodge

Captain Elanzo gingerly rubs his temple for a second before hauling himself to his feet. "C'mon men. We've got work to do before we set sail." He is halfway to the door before he realizes Trato didn't get up. "Well, what are you waiting for boy? I said we're leaving!"

Trato shakes his head slowly while staring the Captain in the eyes, "No. I won't be sailing with you Captain. I respected you- you who would poison a man to cheat him out of his livelihood at cards. We don't have anything left to discuss. I quit."

Captain Elanzo's face flushes a splotchy red and he starts to spit something back before finally turning pushing past his men, "Come on men. We need to see the butcher before we sail." When the doors swing shut Trato sighs and shakes his head somewhat dejected.

Having put Raimondo to bed, Sekhemre emerges again from the back part of the club and the waitress delivers fresh mugs of ale for those who remain.

Kayluss, Fog, Aldred

Spoiler:
You guys have a tough one here as far as faction missions go.
Your first faction mission was to acquire a bottle of the Antimalarial. You know where it is, but I don't think anyone actually paid the 5 sp to buy one or rolled Diplomacy or Intimidate to convince him to give one out for free. You are going back there later to deliver the medicine for his son so you will have another chance then. (Also you might have bought it or made the roll and I just don't remember right now. Too lazy to look it up.)
Your second mission is this one and it is a bit tougher.
1) Trato has to be convinced to go home. Diplomacy DC 25 or Bluff DC 20
This is someone else's faction mission, but yours is contingent on it succeeding because you need Trato back home to spy for you. You have cleared this hurdle.
2) Trato has to be convinced to secretly work for Andora from within Cheliax. Diplomacy DC 20. This is your actual faction mission, but can only be attempted once you've beaten the previous DC 25. You need to begin this one now.
3) It might be necessary depending on circumstance to get him to realize you want him to work as a double agent for Andora without letting a Cheliax PC figure out what you are doing. For example if the Cheliax guy won't let Trato out of his sight you have to convince him without alerting the Cheliax guy. This requires Bluff DC 15 to get your veiled message across. You have succeeded here.
Notes: The perfume is +2 Diplomacy for Aldred and Kayluss. Be sure to include it on your rolls.
The pitch you make IC is up to you, but some elements to work with- you know he believes in equality and is disillusioned with Cheliax because of this (in your faction mission). You know he has just been extremely disappointed by the revelation that Captain Elanzo would poison a man to beat him at cards. He wasn't the honorable man Trato thought he was. Good luck

Wadi

Spoiler:
The boy looks at you shrewdly, "Who has fallen ill or what exactly is this emergency?" In the slight pause as you scramble for an answer Trato nods. "That's what I thought. You can tell my parents that I appreciate their concern, but I've decided to find my own way."
However, as the drink circulate and you observe you glean just enough from lip reading and body language to understand Kayluss and Aldred are convincing him that it would be better to go home to Westcrown after all. Eventually Trato seems to relent.
They beat the Diplomacy DC 25 for you. +1 PA. +2 total. You are good for this scenario.

Grand Lodge

If you guys want, you can linger here in this scene having drinks and maybe something to eat for an hour until everyone's hearing returns. We take a long view of the diplomacy rolls going on in the background in that case and you make your case over an expanded period of time.

When you guys are ready to move on from this scene, let me know where you are going next.

Scarab Sages

Male Elf Alchemist (Beastmorph) 3

I am happy to linger in the gambling hall for an hour, so that everyone can regain their hearing (and so that everyone who needs it can gain another hp back), before we head over to House Cartahegn.

Diplomacy (for when we need to move on): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (16) + 6 = 22.

Dark Archive

I am with Sek on this...it would be nice to hear what is going on around me.

Sovereign Court

Fey Sorcerer 8 | HP 52/55 | AC 15, Touch 13, Flat Footed 13 | CMD 14 | Fort: +7, Ref: +6, Will +8 | Init. +6 | Perception +2 | SM 0

Yep, sounds like we need to hang out for a bit before continuing.

Liberty's Edge

Male Half Elf Bard 2

“How long will Raimondo need to rest do you think?” Aldred asks Sek probably a bit too loudly as he tucks into his bowl of frog gumbo. “We have that important business to discuss with him … I’d rather we handle it before we deal with our second lot of business … what? Oh, never mind, I still can’t hear a word.” He stands and looks around. “Who wants another ale, show of hands, I’m buying. Good. Kayluss, Trato, give me a hand carrying them back.” He gestures the man and the youth to come to the bar with him.

How much for a round of drinks Ith?

Ith, Kayluss, Fog:

Spoiler:
Fog purchased 5 bottles of the Antimalarial towards the bottom of page 3 I believe.

When they have a bit of privacy, Aldred talks quietly to Trato. “Now, I still can’t hear a thing, but that means your countryman over there,” he nods subtly towards Wadi, “can’t either. That’s alright, just do me the favour of hearing me out. I’m not entirely certain how much I can trust Wadi, but I do believe he is a good man … there are still good people left in Cheliax. I can tell that you are one, the way you stood up for what you believed was right back there, and the way you told that crook Elanzo where to go when his cheating ways were revealed. I think perhaps you took my meaning when I spoke of home before … Andoran needs good folk like yourself in Cheliax, people who believe in equality and justice. I wonder if Wadi spoke to you before about returning home? Well, we would like you to do so … but when you do, do something that might one-day bring freedom to your shackled homeland … work in secret for Andoran.” The bard pauses, trying to gauge if his words have had any impact. Diploamcy: 1d20 + 7 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 7 + 2 = 12 He looks to see if Kayluss has anything to add. Ah well, so much for that, the dice are just not with me.

Liberty's Edge

Male Dwarf HP: 23[23] AC: 23 Firebolt 7[7] +3 (1d6) Channel: 5[5] 1d6 Endure Elements
Aldred of Augustana wrote:

Ith, Kayluss, Fog:** spoiler omitted **

Spoiler:
[ooc]Fog did indeed! Still needs to pick them up later, but I'll mark the payment down now.
Liberty's Edge

Fighter (Armor Master) 7/ Ranger 1
Defense:
AC 31; Tch 16; FF 28; CMD 25; DR 3/-; hp 68/68; Fort: 10; Ref: +7; Will: +8
Offense:
Init +2; Spd 20ft; CMB +11; Ixthalos +14/+9 (1d10+7/ 17-20/ x2); Longbow +11/+6 (1d8+2/ x3/ 110ft)
Skills:
Climb +6; Diplomacy +9; Heal +8; Intimidate +9; Knowledge (Dungeon & Nature +4; Planes +1); Perception +13; Profession (Sailor) +6; Spellcraft +5; Survival +10; Swim +6

Ith, Aldred, Fog:

As Alderd speaks with the young man Kayluss purposley brings his right had to his face and idle scratches at this chin, making sure to show off his Baradin Family Signet Ring.
Aid Diplomacy:1d20 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 1 + 2 = 14
Not sure how much good it will do since we need +6 for DC 20

He speaks the truth, my fellow countryman. In order to stand up for what is right we all must make sacrifices and take risks. You have unique oppertunity to serve the cause of freedom, are you brave enough to fight for the good of all people suffering under the heel of tyranny?

[edit]Any chance we can use my roll as the main roll and Aldreds as the aid? It doesn't get us to 20 but it gets us a little closer.

Liberty's Edge

Male Dwarf HP: 23[23] AC: 23 Firebolt 7[7] +3 (1d6) Channel: 5[5] 1d6 Endure Elements
Kayluss wrote:

** spoiler omitted **

Spoiler:
Diplomacy (Aid Another): 1d20 ⇒ 2

"What Lad! I still can't hear ya right."

Grand Lodge

Trato stares down into his drink swirling it around, then places his index finger across his upper lip and thumb up on his chin as if thinking something over before speaking, (thereby obscuring his lips for those who are deafened like Wadi) "I can't just go back to Westcrown and reap the rewards of wealth and title based in a system I do not support. House Thrune and the Hellknights, the priests of Asmodeus, the slave caste... I left because I couldn't take it anymore. But I do find your proposal intriguing. I like the idea of doing something real to help those who need it." He pauses thinking it over, "I believe I will be sailing back to Cheliax after all. Have your man contact me. Anything that would harm my own family is off the table, but I do hear things and I would very much like to take an active role in righting injustice in my homeland."

Kayluss, Aldred, Alie:

Spoiler:
I'm just going to treat Aldred as if he had taken 10 for a 19 and Kayluss supplied the Aid for a total of 21. I think you can potentially take 10 for a straight diplomacy check and the situation isn't all that threatening or distracting right now. Persuading people is pretty routine bardic business as well. So that's +2 PA Andoran.

Aldred> I don't care to get so anal about tracking money spent on food, drink, river ferries, etc unless it is a very lavish and large expenditure, specifically called out in the scenario or something you'll keep on your chronicle sheet. Just consider it pocket change for adventurers. Your experience may vary at other tables, but that's my preference.

I have a Diplomacy roll for Sekhemre moving into the next scene. Everyone else give me one and your next destination. Feel free to wrap up this scene and we'll move on.

Dark Archive

Wadi is satisfied to finish enjoying a drink or two, while his hearing slowly returns.

I say we move on to House Cartahegn.
Diplomacy check 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 21

Liberty's Edge

Male Half Elf Bard 2

Thanks Ith.

Andorans:

Spoiler:
It didn’t occur to me to take 10, but given my generally quite terrible dice rolls in this game I should keep that in mind.

So do we need to discuss anything more with Raimando, or can we assume that by resolving this situation we have got him back on track?

If so, yes, on to find House Cartehagn.

Diplomacy to continue merchant disguise: If I can take 10 on this check in this situation I will for a total of 19. Otherwise: 1d20 + 7 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 7 + 2 = 25

Liberty's Edge

Male Dwarf HP: 23[23] AC: 23 Firebolt 7[7] +3 (1d6) Channel: 5[5] 1d6 Endure Elements
Aldred of Augustana wrote:
Thanks Ith.

Diplomacy: 1d20 ⇒ 11

Grand Lodge

Diplomacy to maintain disguise-
Sek: 22
Wadi: 21
Aldred: 25
Fog: 11
Alie: 10 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (1) + 9 = 10
Kayluss: 4 1d20 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 1 + 2 = 4

Top three can attempt 1 Aid roll each and decide whose roll it applies toward.

Liberty's Edge

Male Half Elf Bard 2

Aldred will attempt to assist Kayluss. “Don’t mind my associate, he just had a little too much to drink after we closed that deal …” Diplomacy, Aid Another: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (2) + 9 = 11

Scarab Sages

Male Elf Alchemist (Beastmorph) 3

Diplomacy - Aid Another (Alie) 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (17) + 6 = 23.

Seeing Alie's confidence waver, Sekhemre does his best to draw attention away from her by lecturing her about the benefits of some of the local medicinal plants as base ingredients for a variety of alchemical concoctions.

Knowledge(Nature): 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (6) + 11 = 17.
Craft(Alchemy): 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (10) + 11 = 21.

When he gets the opportunity, he nods to Wadi, and tries to direct him to come to the assistance of Fog, who is still wavering a little...

Sovereign Court

Fey Sorcerer 8 | HP 52/55 | AC 15, Touch 13, Flat Footed 13 | CMD 14 | Fort: +7, Ref: +6, Will +8 | Init. +6 | Perception +2 | SM 0

Once Alie gets away from the crowd, she apologizes to the group. "Sorry guys, my head is still swimming from that shot I took. I'm still a bit fuzzy."

Grand Lodge

While getting him to bed Raimondo drunkenly explained that he'd invested the down payment in stronger healthier horses and they were stabled near the Northeastern border of Bloodcove as it was cheaper there. Once you make arrangements for the cargo and he knows where to go, he will get the horses hitched up to the wagon and pick up the cargo on his way out of town.

Over lunch and drinks the difference between Bloodcove and Almas becomes apparent. In Almas you can bet that setting off a sonic boom in a bar overlooking the busiest port in the city would draw the guard like flies and quickly. In Bloodcove the guard never arrives. At first you have the place to yourselves once the other patrons fled, but after about five minutes the first curious gawker pokes his head in and seeing things in order sidles up to the bar where he orders a drink and whispers low back and forth with the bartender. He sips while appraising you all. More and more curiosity seekers follow suit and within twenty minutes the place is packed to standing room and the waitress weaves through the crowd dropping off drinks and collecting empties. On one pass through she gives Kayluss a wink, "Come back anytime handsome. You're good for business."

By the time Wadi and Aldred regain their hearing the place is a low roar of midday drinkers and here and there in the crowd you can make out snippets of people telling and retelling what went down the way they heard it. Apparently Sekhemre leaped over a table to kick a pirate in the throat and Kayluss lifted one in the air and broke a table in half when he threw him down. Who knew?

It is easy enough to get directions to House Cartahegn's trade post back on the other side of the Vanji and this time you take the long bridge spanning the river. The midday heat is nearly unbearable for those unaccustomed to it and the mosquitoes are a constant annoyance. It takes a while to get there as you have to cross nearly the entire city, but most people have retreated indoors to escape the heat at this hour and the walk is more or less uneventful.

Surrounding the sprawling, two-story trading post marked HOUSE CARTAHEGN is a mass of citizens and merchants alike. Some wear worried expressions and wring their hands, while others shout angrily at a well-dressed young woman by the entrance. "AS I SAID, shouts the Cartahegn spokesperson from atop a wooden crate, "all Cartahegn resources are needed to deal with this emergency with our sugarpress, and our storefront is closed for the remainder of the day or until management resolves the situation. We apologize for the inconvenience, but for now please return to your homes and places of business." As she climbs down, most of the grumbling mob begins to disperse.

Looking at the map of Bloodcove in Heart of the Jungle I just realized there are a couple of bridges crossing the river. They are blurred out in the scenario map by a location name so I missed them before.

Grand Lodge

One more Aid from Wadi and let me know who gets it.

Dark Archive

Wadi will assist Fog.
Diplomacy 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 3 = 18

"Good Sair, I believe this is how you persuade a potential client to peruse your wares..."

Liberty's Edge

Male Half Elf Bard 2

“Sweet Shelyn, this heat,” mutters Aldred, lifting the brim of his hat for about the sixty seventh time to wipe sweat from his brow, and taking yet another sip from his waterskin. “Remind me to apply for a mission in a more northerly clime next time out.”

Seeing the commotion at House Cartahegn, Aldred pushes forward through the sweaty dispersing crowd. “Miss,” he calls after the well dressed woman, “sorry to disturb, but my companions and I have urgent business with the house ... I heard that you have a problem with your sugarpress – is there anything we can do to help so that we might then enter to discuss our business?” Diplomacy: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (11) + 9 = 20

He moves to stand close to the woman (but not creepy close) and smiles in a friendly fashion.

Sovereign Court

Fey Sorcerer 8 | HP 52/55 | AC 15, Touch 13, Flat Footed 13 | CMD 14 | Fort: +7, Ref: +6, Will +8 | Init. +6 | Perception +2 | SM 0

[b]"Yes, anything at all, ma'am," Alie adds, making her sweetest face possible, hoping to sway the lady.

Aid Another Diplomacy 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (11) + 9 = 20

Scarab Sages

Male Elf Alchemist (Beastmorph) 3

Well, Sekhemre was trying to keep his mouth shut for once, but since things appear to have slowed down a little...

"Indeed, as honest business people ourselves, we understand that there are sometimes... inconveniences... that get in the way of the regular flow of commerce, and we would be very willing to assist you with any problems you might be having, so that our own business arrangements with your splendid trading consortium could be finalized."

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 6 = 26.

Grand Lodge

The young woman acting as House spokeswoman takes notice of Aldred's initial offer and replies in an upper class Chelaxian accent, "Urgent you say? I would love to be able to help you, but until we can get this situation under control our whole operation is in danger. Ants have tunneled into the sugarpress and the situation is dire. We're losing thousands of pounds of sugarloaf an hour, and to be perfectly honest I don't think we're going to be able to turn them back until more of our field agents make it back this evening." She sighs and runs her fingers through her dark hair, "I hope you weren't here to buy food supplies. I expect by the time we are up and running again tomorrow food prices will have tripled in Bloodcove. It's too bad you don't have some mercenaries in your employ. Our House has a little not-so-friendly rivalry with the Consortium and when we tried to hire on some emergency muscle they put out word that anyone stepping in would be cut off from Aspis jobs in the future. Of course they own the town guard," she indicates a small group of guardsmen stationed at a nearby business, "so they are just here to protect nearby 'dues' paying establishments."

She sighs again then looks you over as if something has just occurred to her and she lift one index her to her pursed lips reappraising the situation. She comes down the steps and stands close looking up at Sekhemre, Aldred, and Kayluss then reaches out to feel Kayluss bicep. "It occurs to me that you all are a fairly young athletic group for a bunch of merchants. No, no. That would be a ridiculous thing to ask a group of business men like yourselves. Forgive me. It's a pity you didn't bring any real mercenaries or bodyguards with you" she turns and takes a couple of steps back up the stairs before pausing to turn back and add, "My housekeeper is a native and her tribe makes a sort of pungent goo to repel these monstrous ants that tunnel the Mwangi Expanse. She ran and brought some, but it was too late. Our employed swordarms are too injured to make another run at those monsters. So I guess we'll just have to wait until our men in the field can get here to put them down. If you know any other merchants who have guards independent of the Bloodcove racket, let them know we'd be willing to offer a substantial discount once we are open again to anyone willing to help us out."

Liberty's Edge

Male Dwarf HP: 23[23] AC: 23 Firebolt 7[7] +3 (1d6) Channel: 5[5] 1d6 Endure Elements

At this point Fog steps up, allowing his holy symbol to show to the woman "We may not be mercenaries, but I do, know some healing magics. I can at least help your men recover, and get the situation under control?"

Diplomacy: 1d20 ⇒ 19

Obviously, we can let her in on the situation when not stood in the street? Yes?

Dark Archive

Wadi smiles at the young lady, while inwardly wincing at her accent. He never did feel too comfortable around his countrymen (and women) due to his conflicting loyalties. Still, he was quick to add, "It would be our pleasure to assist you in anyway possible."

Diplomacy 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (16) + 3 = 19

Liberty's Edge

Fighter (Armor Master) 7/ Ranger 1
Defense:
AC 31; Tch 16; FF 28; CMD 25; DR 3/-; hp 68/68; Fort: 10; Ref: +7; Will: +8
Offense:
Init +2; Spd 20ft; CMB +11; Ixthalos +14/+9 (1d10+7/ 17-20/ x2); Longbow +11/+6 (1d8+2/ x3/ 110ft)
Skills:
Climb +6; Diplomacy +9; Heal +8; Intimidate +9; Knowledge (Dungeon & Nature +4; Planes +1); Perception +13; Profession (Sailor) +6; Spellcraft +5; Survival +10; Swim +6

While we may not be escorted by mercenaries, do not let our appearance fool you. As with many things found in this jungle heat we are full of surprises, perhaps we might prove ourselves very useful in your current dilemma.

Diplomacy aid:1d20 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 1 + 2 = 5
Bluff:1d20 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 1 = 16
Bluff to convey a secrete message that we are not merchants but adventurers. Would prefer this be a aid if someone wants to make the main check, Aldred I’m looking at you.

Grand Lodge

The young woman, barely twenty if that, looks down at the dwarf obviously surprised having previously paid him little attention, "Oh! We would appreciate all the help we could get Father. Please do come in." She turns to lead you all inside the trading post and waits to lock the door behind you as you enter. When Kayluss hints that the group might be more than they seem she flashes him a mischievous grin with a twinkle in her eye, "I wouldn't doubt it for a second. I can imagine you might be useful in all kinds of... dilemmas." She turns and gestures for you to follow as she leads you beyond the foyer and into a common room.

"The vermin overcame the majority of our swordsmen in the initial battle. Only Kanoro survived that first assault," she indicates a dark skinned man with a bandaged forearm and head who lies unconscious on a bench. "so after that everyone had to pitch in to save our product and the sugarpress." She indicates the rest of the injured sitting or laying down throughout the room- several older men and some women whose calling no one would mistake for warrior. Your distinct impression is that cooks, scribes, and manual laborers were all called in to try to drive the ants out and they all look the worse for the experience. Those still conscious watch you warily, clearly worried that they are about to be sent back in. "I'm afraid even healed the hands we have left are too little to turn the tide. At least the majority of their scouting party is gone now- a temporary reprieve. I am certain they will be recruiting the rest of the colony to come back and finish what they started. For now they have only left a couple to guard their tunnel, but they are large and half mad from all the sugar. More than we can hope to overcome until our caravan guards make it back."

She looks up at Kayluss then Aldred and Wadi with hope in her eyes, "But if you were serious about helping us, you all would stand a much better chance than those of us left here. We have weapons... If you could just manage to drive off or put down those last two ants and spread some of this down their tunnel," she takes the lid of of a large clay pot full of a jelly-like black sludge and a pungent sickening aroma quickly spreads through the room before she seals it again, "they can't bear it. That should keep their reinforcements at bay for days. Long enough for us to collapse the tunnel and seal up the breach."

"Ah- I'm asking too much aren't I? You can't possibly want to take on those giant ants just to get a... fifteen percent... discount on trade goods." She lets the percentage of the discount hang in the air like the opening bid of an agreement.

Sense Motive DC 20

Spoiler:

Bluff 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (13) + 7 = 20
By the end of that little exchange you get the distinct impression that this woman is quite a skilled manipulator. You aren't quite sure whether she pegged you all as more than merchants right from the beginning or whether she was just offering lures of discounts and stoking egos by commenting on how strong some of you look to get the help she needed to get the situation under control. Either way she was obviously playing you all and she's quite good at it.

Dark Archive

Sense Motive 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12

Wadi returns the glance of the woman and then turns to Kayluss and Aldred, "It seems a fair deal to me...we should help her out, don't you think?"

201 to 250 of 3,069 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Ith's PFS pbp All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.