Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends


Ith's PFS pbp

Game Master ithuriel


2,351 to 2,400 of 3,069 << first < prev | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | next > last >>
Osirion

Talhaearn feints with his left, then deals a devastating blow with his right hand weapon, skewering the remaining Proto-human through one of its kidneys.

When it falls to the ground, like its compatriot, mist boils up from it, streaming from every pore and orifice. As it does so, the creature's body jerks and twists, slowly transforming into that of a scrawny, middle-aged human male, dressed in a ripped scholar's outfit.

GM information:
5d20 ⇒ (11, 15, 14, 6, 14) = 60

Meanwhile, the hoarse screaming you heard coming from the iron cabinet continues, interspersed with terrified sobs.

Combat over.

Taldor

Fey Sorcerer 8 | HP 55/55 | AC 15, Touch 13, Flat Footed 13 | CMD 14 | Fort: +7, Ref: +6, Will +8 | Init. +6 | Perception +2 | SM 0

"Can we save these two, or are they too far gone," Alie asks the others, hoping someone with more healing ability than she could stop them from bleeding out.

Andoran

Male Dwarf HP: 23[23] AC: 23 Firebolt 7[7] +3 (1d6) Channel: 5[5] 1d6 Endure Elements

As his armour cools, Fog grunts a few times, then suddenly a feeling of health and vitality overtakes the group.

Channel Energy: 1d6 ⇒ 1
Channel Energy: 1d6 ⇒ 5

Osirion

Subtle GM hint: You may want to move the apes, at least, away before you do that; you would not want them waking up as a result of the channel ;-)

Andoran

Male Dwarf HP: 23[23] AC: 23 Firebolt 7[7] +3 (1d6) Channel: 5[5] 1d6 Endure Elements

That is very true. But at int 6, I don't think Fog would think of it... More "That hurt, heal" was actually going to be his next action in combat.... If I take the character acting too far, give me a shout....

Taldor

Fey Sorcerer 8 | HP 55/55 | AC 15, Touch 13, Flat Footed 13 | CMD 14 | Fort: +7, Ref: +6, Will +8 | Init. +6 | Perception +2 | SM 0

I think that is a very "in character" thing for Fog to do right now, unfortunately, lol. That will teach the rest of us to be more prepared for this in the future!..

Osirion

With a grunt, Fog holds his holy symbol up, and healing energy washes over every creature in the room...

Neither injured scholar awakens, but the Gorilla in the SE corner stirs!

We will keep the same initiative. Since it was Fog's action which triggered this, Wadi and Kovar can act before the Gorilla does.

Round 5: Kovar, Proto-humans, Gorillas, Anashka, Alie, Talhaearn, Fog, Wadi

Cheliax

Wadi blanches as he sees the ape stirring. He quickly hurries over to send it back into unconsciousness.

5' step to Y10
Attack club 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2; damage 1d6 ⇒ 2
Ohhh...nice one there Wadi....

Andoran

Male Human Druid

With a feral growl, both Kovar and his pet wolf charge back and the obviously undead gorilla!
damage: 1d6 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10.
While Grey does the same, attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 22 for damage: 6 + 3 = 9

Osirion

Nice damage, but Kovar may want to have rolled an attack roll ;-)

Grey pounces on the re-awakened Gorilla, biting deeply into its neck, and causing the Gorilla to go limp.

Combat is over, again :-P

Qadira

Half-Goblin

How odd. On preview, the attack showed up. It was bad though...

Cheliax

Wintergreen's CE PA IT Geek 10/Daddy 6/Physicist 3/Cartographer 1/Runner 1

Still panting, Fog lets the club swing down and drags it along to sniff at the proto-humans a couple of times, and then at the apes.

Taldor

Fey Sorcerer 8 | HP 55/55 | AC 15, Touch 13, Flat Footed 13 | CMD 14 | Fort: +7, Ref: +6, Will +8 | Init. +6 | Perception +2 | SM 0

Thinking quickly on her feet, the gnome called out to his friends. Fog, Kovar, come over here, please," she says, calling them almost like pets, as she moves a good distance from the apes. "Everyone else, please finish the apes and we can get back to searching this room."

Cheliax

Wadi nods in agreement with Alie, "Yeah, these things are really a pain in the..." He brandishes his club and brings it down on its head.

Coup de Grace.

Andoran

Male Human Druid

Kovar and Grey comes over the Alie and sits on the ground, waiting for further instructions. Bored, he starts to nit at Grey's mane.

Taldor

Fey Sorcerer 8 | HP 55/55 | AC 15, Touch 13, Flat Footed 13 | CMD 14 | Fort: +7, Ref: +6, Will +8 | Init. +6 | Perception +2 | SM 0

"Good job back there, Kovar, I'm proud of you," she says, reaching out and patting the Druid on the head. "You too, Fog. You both smashed the baddies very well."

Andoran

Male Dwarf HP: 23[23] AC: 23 Firebolt 7[7] +3 (1d6) Channel: 5[5] 1d6 Endure Elements

Fog grunts in a very puppy like way, and nuzzles Alie. He then gets bored and starts to wander further into the offices.

Osirion

Well, if someone wants to search the room, give me a roll...

Meanwhile, whomever, or whatever, is in the iron cabinet appears to have completely lost it, as all you can now hear is terrified sobbing, interspersed with the occasional blubbering wail.

Grand Lodge

Half Elf Rogue [8] | HP 67 | AC 22 T 15 FF 18 | F +5 R +10 W +5 | CMB +10 CMD 25 | Init +5 Perc +14 (low light)

Perception: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (8) + 12 = 20

After making sure that the apes are going to stay down this time Tal has a look about the room. "Someone want to see about the little girl in that cabinet?"

Cheliax

Wadi nods in reply, "Yeah, I got it." Well, if I was being terrorized by a bunch of crazed apes, I think I would lose it too...

He moves to the cabinet and opens it. "Are you all right?"

Osirion

My, what a compassionate bunch of adventurers you are ;-)

A careful search of the room (which is quite a mess, after having had a bunch of apes and almost-apes rampaging through it) turns up the beaten-to-a-pulp body of another unfortunate scribe hidden under one of the desks, a sack of 200 platinum pieces, a scroll tube containing four scrolls, and a rather unusual artefact: A piece of 'parchment' made from strips of beaten bark, covered in strange, crudely-appointed glyphs.

I will take Linguistics checks, or Comprehend Languages, at this point.

When Wadi moves over to the iron cabinet, he finds that the doors have been partially beaten in, and appear to have been barred from the inside; thus, they will not be opened easily.

I will need a Strength check to force it open.

However, as soon as he begins experimenting with the door, the hoarse shrieking from inside steps up a notch...

Cheliax

Great...it IS a girl in there...

STR check 1d20 ⇒ 7

"Hey! Can you give me a hand with this?"

Taldor

Fey Sorcerer 8 | HP 55/55 | AC 15, Touch 13, Flat Footed 13 | CMD 14 | Fort: +7, Ref: +6, Will +8 | Init. +6 | Perception +2 | SM 0

Would Read Magic suffice, DM? Don't have Linguistics or Cmp. Languages, lol...

Osirion

Using Read Magic, Alie is able to determine that the four scrolls are: A Scroll of Cure Critical Wounds, 2 x Scroll of False Life, and a Scroll of Dispel Magic.

Regarding the beaten bark 'parchment', Alie is able to determine that a few of the lines of glyphs are, in actual fact, a non-standard way of depicting a Scroll of Break Enchantment; however, the vast majority of the glyphs defy her understanding.

Basically, Read Magic does not translate the non-scroll component of the 'parchment'...

Grand Lodge

Half Elf Rogue [8] | HP 67 | AC 22 T 15 FF 18 | F +5 R +10 W +5 | CMB +10 CMD 25 | Init +5 Perc +14 (low light)

Tal strides to the cabinet and gives the door a tug. Strength: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9

Smooth...

"You in there...pipe down. We're working on getting you out." Diplomacy: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (14) + 6 = 20

Taldor

Fey Sorcerer 8 | HP 55/55 | AC 15, Touch 13, Flat Footed 13 | CMD 14 | Fort: +7, Ref: +6, Will +8 | Init. +6 | Perception +2 | SM 0

"Oh, these are very nifty items here," Alie tells the others, oblivious to them trying to open the cabinet. She quickly describes the uses of the scrolls.

Andoran

HP 23/23, AC16, T 11, FF 15, CMD 16, F +5, R +3, W +9, Channel 5/5

Anashka leans her glaive against the wall and crouches down close to the cabinet doors, "Listen honey. We are working hard to get you out of there, but the door is stuck. You are safe now. Give us just a minute and we will have you out."

While Tal takes a turn on the door Anashaka steps over to revive one of the scholars. "Wake up. The curse is broken, but we need some information before we get you out of here."

Wand of CLW 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9
I forget if it is possible to take 20 on a str check if you are willing to takes the two minutes doing it...
If no: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11
If yes: Take 20 for 22.
Is anyone else expecting a mutoid ape-child?
Also- yes, those are some of the best scrolls I've ever found in a scenario :)
Oh, and Diplomacy 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (16) + 8 = 24

Andoran

Male Dwarf HP: 23[23] AC: 23 Firebolt 7[7] +3 (1d6) Channel: 5[5] 1d6 Endure Elements

Fog notices the others messing with the door, and decides that banging it looks fun.

Strength: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8

He crashes into the side of the cabinet and bounces off.

Osirion

Actually, the mod assumes you kill them, not wake them up ;-)

The blubbering stops.

"You *sound* human enough. Have they been... taken care of?"

After a bit of heaving, the door is pushed open by a quivering, morbidly obese man, with cream stains and icing sugar down the front of his robe.

"My name is Saldak. Thank-you for rescuing me! The offices suddenly flooded with a strange mist early this morning, and tendrils of it seemed to pour down Kadarnik’s and Yannis’ throats moments before they... changed, and went stark mad! They beat poor Milgen to a pulp. I had barely enough time to barricade myself in here; I could hear them pounding on the door for what seemed like an eternity before they gave up!"

Jowls flapping, he continues.

"I blame those damn idols. I smelled something wrong with those hideous monkey-faced things as soon as Lugizar brought them out of his pack, but Nigel thought they would be perfect for the new exhibit. I’ve a nose for trouble, I do! No one listens!"

Let me know if you wish to ret-con the use of a charge to wake one of them up ;-)

Cheliax

Wadi nods as he helps the man to his feet. "We have killed a couple of them so far but we have not found the source of the foul mist yet. Where did you put those idols?"

Andoran

Male Dwarf HP: 23[23] AC: 23 Firebolt 7[7] +3 (1d6) Channel: 5[5] 1d6 Endure Elements

Fog grunts as the man exits and looks to the rest of the troop. They don't seem to be attacking it, so he sits back on his heels, and watches it instead.

Osirion

The quivering pile of flesh blanches.

"I did not put them anywhere! I told Nigel they were trouble, but he just laughed it off! He said I was too excitable, and too prone to flights of fancy, but look what has happened!"

After a bit of heavy breathing, he calms down a little.

"I don't know where they are for certain, but I imagine that Nigel would have given the idols pride of place in the new Mwangi exhibit he was setting up in the Grand Exhibit Hall... although last I heard, Nigel himself was in the storage area, going over some old inventory - he came through the offices this evening, muttering something about some Bekyar spears and headresses that he thought would add to the display, just before everything went to Hell!"

Cheliax

Wadi turns to his fellow Pathfinders and comments, "I think we should try to find Nigel before we head over to the Grand Exhibit Hall."

...if only to thrash him to an inch of his life for being so careless!

Wadi will claim one of the scrolls of False Life.

Taldor

Fey Sorcerer 8 | HP 55/55 | AC 15, Touch 13, Flat Footed 13 | CMD 14 | Fort: +7, Ref: +6, Will +8 | Init. +6 | Perception +2 | SM 0

Alie passes Wadi one of the scrolls. [b]"Wadi, I think only we can use this particular spell. Might as well use them now. The effect should last for right around three hours. If there are more apes, the extra vigor will do us well." Shel reads the scroll, strengthening her reserves for any upcoming battles.

Shel passes the scroll of critical wounds to Anashka as well as the scroll of Dispel Magic.

False LIfe 1d10 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8

Cheliax

"Good idea, Alie."

CL check to activate scroll DC 5 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11
HP gained 1d10 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 13

Andoran

HP 23/23, AC16, T 11, FF 15, CMD 16, F +5, R +3, W +9, Channel 5/5

I would still like to revive the two scholars so that they can escape the museum.

Anashka resumes ministering to the injured scholars while Saldak runs down the events of the evening.

I'll take the scroll of cure critical
Linguistics for the psuedo-scroll of Break Enchantment 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 19
2nd charge of CLW for the other downed scholar: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9

Osirion

Alright, let's get things moving again :-)

Under Anashka's ministrations, the two unconscious scholars (whom Saldak identifies as Kadarnik and Yannis) groan, shift uncomfortably, and shakily rise to their feet. They have no clear memories of what happened; the events of the last few hours are blocked as if by a wall of mist - all they remember is running blindly through an endless sea of fog, surrounded by the maddening beat of tribal drums, and howling monkeys.

Saldak, obviously quite eager to leave the museum now that there is a safe path, 'volunteers' to escort the other two out of the building, post-haste.

Anashka:
The scroll, penned in the hand of a long-dead Jambala Jaeg elder, warns of the corrupting influence of the Tik Taan idols, small bone fetishes that have had the twisted souls of demonic apes chained to them, granting them a twisted mockery of life, as well as a variety of fell powers over the living; in particular, it warns of the maddening influence of the mists they can secrete, and presents a chant that can be used to expel their influence from those afflicted by it.

Mechanically, if there is a bard in the party, he/she can use one round of bardic music to allow the afflicted a 'new' saving throw, using the bard's perform check is place of their own roll. Of course, since there is no bard in the party, the scroll is a single-use scroll of Break Enchantment :-/

Taldor

Fey Sorcerer 8 | HP 55/55 | AC 15, Touch 13, Flat Footed 13 | CMD 14 | Fort: +7, Ref: +6, Will +8 | Init. +6 | Perception +2 | SM 0

"I agree with Wadi. Let's go get Nigel and see what he can tell us about this whole situation."

Grand Lodge

Half Elf Rogue [8] | HP 67 | AC 22 T 15 FF 18 | F +5 R +10 W +5 | CMB +10 CMD 25 | Init +5 Perc +14 (low light)

"Sure...lets find Nigel. He'll either be a huge help...or he'll be an insane lunatic who turns his friends into primates. We can't know for sure...but how much fun will it be to find out?"

Taldor

Fey Sorcerer 8 | HP 55/55 | AC 15, Touch 13, Flat Footed 13 | CMD 14 | Fort: +7, Ref: +6, Will +8 | Init. +6 | Perception +2 | SM 0

"Hmm, that's a good point Tal. I hadn't thought that he might have done this on purpose. We might have to subdue him to find out."

Cheliax

Wadi shrugs, "Well if Nigel did this on purpose and cannot be persuaded to see the error of his ways..." His voice trails off as he hefts his club.

Andoran

HP 23/23, AC16, T 11, FF 15, CMD 16, F +5, R +3, W +9, Channel 5/5

Anashka looks up from the scroll with concern etched in her face. "This does not sound good. The scroll is essentially a warning about the same Mwangi items that Lugizar sold to the museum. They are bone fetish idols with the souls of demonic apes bound to them. Aside from the mists they are able to exert some degree of control of the living through the unholy idols." She scans ahead, "There IS a chant here bound up with magic that is supposed to break the curse of the mists, but it will only work for one person."

Cheliax

"Lovely," Wadi grimaces. "I would suggest we save the scroll for Nigel then since it sounds like he was enspelled by these demonic apes."

Osirion

Alright, so from what I can tell, the consensus, such as it was, is to head to where Nigel was last seen...

Heading back out into the main corridor, the party enters the Eastern chamber. A large placard above the entryway to this hall reads “Hunting the Beasts of Legend” in great block letters. This gigantic chamber is relatively free of mist, and darkness is held at bay by braziers of radiant light. Behemoths occupy these halls, great taxidermy nightmares such as a two-headed bear easily taller than an ogre; a great desiccated beetle, its carapace larger than the face of the clock tower of Absalom’s Clockwork Cathedral; a massive specimen of chimera, its jaws open in a mock roar; and an assembled skeleton of a tyrant lizard. The walls here are studded with strange masks, staves, spears, and other implements of long forgotten cultures, most likely used in ritual hunts of the beasts preserved here.

Perception checks, please :-)

Grand Lodge

Half Elf Rogue [8] | HP 67 | AC 22 T 15 FF 18 | F +5 R +10 W +5 | CMB +10 CMD 25 | Init +5 Perc +14 (low light)

Tal scans the room...paying close attention to these "beasts of legend." Did one of the just move? Nah...just the flames playing tricks with the shadows...

Perception: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (16) + 12 = 28
Trapfinding: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (10) + 13 = 23

Taldor

Fey Sorcerer 8 | HP 55/55 | AC 15, Touch 13, Flat Footed 13 | CMD 14 | Fort: +7, Ref: +6, Will +8 | Init. +6 | Perception +2 | SM 0

Perception 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11

DM

Spoiler:
Alie takes advantage of the pro visuals, and hangs a bit back from the group, grabbing as many of the masks as she can stuff in her backpack. She needs at least four, but if there are extras, she will grab and stash them to be safe.

Cheliax

Perception 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 1 = 20

Andoran

Male Dwarf HP: 23[23] AC: 23 Firebolt 7[7] +3 (1d6) Channel: 5[5] 1d6 Endure Elements

Perception": 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12

Fog follows the others, sniffing about.

Andoran

Male Human Druid

Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (9) + 8 = 17

Kovar and Grey start to sniff around, their noses curious to something in the air.

Andoran

HP 23/23, AC16, T 11, FF 15, CMD 16, F +5, R +3, W +9, Channel 5/5

Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18
Is anyone injured at the moment?

2,351 to 2,400 of 3,069 << first < prev | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Ith's PFS pbp All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.