Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

Ith's PFS pbp

Game Master ithuriel


151 to 200 of 3,069 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Grand Lodge

Wadi

Spoiler:
You can pay 5sp if you want, but that was for the Andoran faction mission to get a bottle of Rulkep's Antimalarial :P
Were you intending to pay for the cologne? It costs 10 gp for a bottle of 10 doses. Each dose is good for 24 hours.

Cheliax

Ith:
OOPS! I was looking under those spoilers, but they did not make any sense to me so I ignored them, until Alie mentioned it. I had no idea they were for a faction mission, sorry about that. Wadi will pay the 10 gp for the cologne.

Osirion

Male Elf Alchemist (Beastmorph) 3

"Well then, I guess we should go to Free Trade Square to find him... Assuming it is not too late..."

Grand Lodge

Free Trade Square was easy enough to make out from the river ferry earlier and you'll have to get another boat to cross the Vanji again. The Square is a bustling plaza on an elevated platform overlooking the main Harbor where the river joins the sea. Boats of all sizes and shapes crowd the dock where your ferryman squeezes in to let you out. He silently takes note the massive bruising to Wadi's face and Fog's recently broken nose, but whatever he might think about that he keeps to himself.

Merchants with their individual retinues crowd the square with crates of mangoes, bananas and other exotic fruit of the Expanse, bales of unprocessed hemp for fabric, and other trade goods ready to ship. Sailors from newly arrived boats form chains to unload goods directly into the square in an assembly line fashion and the shouts of merchants bartering with ship captains and caravan leaders drown each other out through the square. Weapons, pesh, processed Northern fabrics, spices... Auctions rage throughout the square for newly arrived goods.

The Square is a ramshackle business district, with temporary stalls erected wherever a vendor could make space. Most of the square is a maze of such stalls. The square is ringed and anchored by more permanent structures- taverns, lodging houses, gambling halls, brothels, opium dens, everything a sailor might need to spend all the money burning a hole in his pocket. Sailors and locals crouch throwing dice in spaces cleared against a building, fortunetellers hawk their skills, vendors shout prices for skewered meats grilled over coals. The place is chaos to the uninitiated.

Gather Info to find Raimondo. Diplomacy DC 15, 1d4 hours
Fog still has 6 points of non lethal. Wadi still has 7 points of non lethal.

Andoran

Male Dwarf HP: 23[23] AC: 23 Firebolt 7[7] +3 (1d6) Channel: 5[5] 1d6 Endure Elements

"In a climate like this I'd expect the traders to just really get going in the evening..." Fog says to Waldi as they depart.

For a cleric, Fog looks decidedly no-plussed by the environment, with not a second glance for the brothels, and opium dens. In fact, he seems more at ease here than he ever has as a pathfinder.

"I need to find some more sensible attire, should be easy enough around here." he says, before moving off in the direction of someone who looks like they make custom garments.

Fog plans on spending a little cash on some going for expensive looking ones to start with, and then paying a little more than they are probably worth to help loosen some tonges...

Diplomacy: 1d20 ⇒ 10

Cheliax

Wadi agrees with Fog, "Yeah, I'll bet, but we are under some time constraints here. Let's see if we can find any early birds here."

Diplomacy 1d20 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 3 + 2 = 10 cologne

Andoran

Male Dwarf HP: 23[23] AC: 23 Firebolt 7[7] +3 (1d6) Channel: 5[5] 1d6 Endure Elements

Can these be considered assit rolls for someone with a fighting chance? :D

Osirion

Male Elf Alchemist (Beastmorph) 3

Diplomacy (Gather Info): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 19, 1d4 ⇒ 1 hours.

Perfectly at ease amongst all the heady chaos of Free Trade Square, Sekhemre thoroughly enjoys the sights and sounds as he does his best to ferret out Raimondo's location...

@Ithuriel, just checking, but Fog and Wadi's rolls do not count for the purpose of 'maintaining cover', correct? Because quite frankly, I think we would try to limit Fog and Kayluss' contact with people to keep their cover intact as much as possible...

Grand Lodge

You try all of the obvious gambling places in the square first before asking around. Discrete inquiries lead the first few people to ignore you entirely. One man vehemently denies ever having heard of him. Soon enough you luck on a foreign merchant who recognizes the description, "Ahh. Monsieur Moustache? Yes, I recognize 'im from your description. 'e is a sour drunk and I think if 'e is your friend you 'ad best collect 'im soon." He points at the upper floor of one of the building on the edge of the square, "Zis place is a private club for gambling. Ze Wandering Way it is called. I believe your friend will soon find 'imself thrown out through the window if 'e continues on as 'e is. Good luck." He tips his hat and heads off back toward the docks.

We'll get into the Wandering Way tomorrow.

No. Each of you made a roll covering the disguise for moving through the city, and now this was a separate check to see how well you could ferret out some information.

Osirion

Male Elf Alchemist (Beastmorph) 3

Ah. Thanks for the clarification. So did we all make it this time, or were assists required?

A look of alarm crosses Sekhemre's face.

"Thank-you for the warning. It sounds like we need to collect him sooner rather than later, then..."

Pausing only to collect the others, Sekhemre moves purposefully towards the Wandering Way.

Grand Lodge

On the disguise mechanic-

Spoiler:
I'm not revealing what the DC is so it up to you guys if you want to assist and who. Failures indicate that someone came away from an encounter with you or having passed you in the street or having overheard a conversation thinking something was off. It's not like there is a gong that goes off and archers pop up so you know someone failed :P
As it turns out your group is exceptionally well suited to this mission. The Diplomacy DC's are set to what an average 1str level group can hope to have success in. How many tables on average do you imagine have 3 out of 6 characters whose primary stat is Charisma, more who have put ranks in diplomacy, not a single member with a negative cha score, and who think to buy an oddball item to enhance a diplomacy roll throughout the encounter? That's good. You are an excellent infiltration team. But if you are particularly vigilant about having every character roll aid another's every time on top of that, the end result is that you are probably going to remove scenes from the scenario and potentially reduce the challenge level of the next one so much that you will plow through it. You are welcome to roll an aid another for every character every time if you want, but I thought I should let you know that you are in no danger of failing the whole scenario on the awareness rolls and in fact may go too far the other direction so that it lessens your experience of it.

Osirion

Male Elf Alchemist (Beastmorph) 3

Eh. I see no problem with trying to limit fall-out as much as possible; we seem to need to travel around town a fair bit, and a few rounds of bad rolls could make things rather dicey for us...

On that note, I will try to bump Wadi's 12 up to a 14 with an assist, just to be on the safe side...

Diplomacy Assist (Wadi): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (14) + 6 = 20.

Noticing that Wadi is still rather roughed-up, if anyone comments, Sekhemre will shrug his shoulders and say:

"Someone tried to mug him. It was horrible! The streets just aren't safe for honest merchants..."

Grand Lodge

I got a chance to talk with someone about part 2 and also noticed something I had overlooked in this one, so my concerns are more or less ameliorated. Aid Away ;)

Also 1 hour spent searching = +1 nl hp to Wadi and Fog.

Grand Lodge

The humid stink of Bloodcove mingles with the reek of sweat and the sickly-sweet odor of tropical plants and exotic tobaccos. The foyer of the 'Gentlemen's Club' looks more like a tavern than a place of business, with tables carved from dark jungle woods and overstuffed cushions. Older men and women mingle or brood over their drinks, while strapping young toughs claim the area around the cold hearth.

Across the room, a swarthy, moustachioed man bellows in anger. He sweeps an arm across the tabletop shared with a red cheeked companion, spilling drinks, playing cards, and chips onto the carpet. "You bashterd," he drunkenly shrieks. He punches the table, "You scheating bashterd, Elanzo! I need thoshe animalsh! I have a client whoshe paid fer my caravan!"

His companion smirks and wipes spilled ale from his jacket. "No one cares, Scevola. Those were the stakes and you knew that when your threw down. Deeds please. Gonna need those for the butcher. Your horses ought to take a healthy chunk out of my provisions budget. Nice playing with you!"

"You shlipped shomethin in mah drink! You’re taking my horshesh over mah dead body!" Raimondo snatches the papers off the table with one hand and points accusingly at the Captain. The motion causes him to stumble a couple of steps to the right before he corrects course.

Elanzo simply shrugs at this and snaps his fingers. The large brutes gathered by the hearth stand up and begin moving toward the pair.

Osirion

Male Elf Alchemist (Beastmorph) 3

Hmmm... That sounds ominous... It sounds like some aggressive aiding on Diplomacy checks will be needed ;-)

Osirion

Male Elf Alchemist (Beastmorph) 3

Like a moth to a flame, Sekhemre is drawn towards the unfolding drama.

Sigh. It looks like we will need to rescue him. Why is life always so full of rather inconvenient drama?

He then moves over towards the brewing argument, scanning the crowd as he goes...

Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (12) + 7 = 19.

Ithuriel:
Does Sekhemre spot the gentleman that he is looking for?

"Actually, I think that you will find that somebody does in fact care. Scevola works for us, and as such, those horses belong to us. We will brook no argument on the matter. Back off."

Sekhemre then punches the man Scevola identified as Elanzo in the jaw for emphasis.

Fist: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 21, for 1d3 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5 non-lethal Bludgeoning damage.

An Intimidate check would probably be more likely to succeed from a mechanical perspective, but I liked the idea of doing it this way ;-)

Grand Lodge

Init rolls before physically intervening. The place isn't so crowded as to give you conditions for a stealthy approach and the muscle is between you and Raimondo & the Captain.
The Captain 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 2 = 19
Crew 1 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11
Crew 2 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14
Crew 3 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 20

Sekhemre:

Spoiler:
You don't notice anyone matching Amukhet's description.

Osirion

Male Elf Alchemist (Beastmorph) 3

Fair enough. I am still going to try to do it, though. Presumably, I can walk around them/through them; only one acts before I do, so at most, that should provoke one AoO :-)

Initiative: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 19.

Andoran

Male Dwarf HP: 23[23] AC: 23 Firebolt 7[7] +3 (1d6) Channel: 5[5] 1d6 Endure Elements

Init:1d20 ⇒ 8
Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21

Fog rolls his sleeves up as he walks towards the fray. "I'm sure we can come to some arrangement about the horses, or this man's gambling debts. We will take your trouble off your hands. What will it cost?" Fog says to the landlord.

Diplomacy(assist?): 1d20 ⇒ 17

Taldor

Fey Sorcerer 8 | HP 55/55 | AC 15, Touch 13, Flat Footed 13 | CMD 14 | Fort: +7, Ref: +6, Will +8 | Init. +6 | Perception +2 | SM 0

"Boys, boys, slow down, let's tal..." Alie tries to say, before ending her sentence as she sees Sek clock the fellow in the jaw. There goes negotiations she thinks.

Init. 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7

Andoran

Defense:
AC 30; Tch 15; FF 28; CMD 24; DR 3/-; hp 60; Fort: 10; Ref: +7; Will: +8
Offense:
Init +2; Spd 20ft; CMB +11; Ixthalos +13/+8 (1d10+7/ 19-20/ x2); Longbow +10/+5 (1d8+2/ x3/ 110ft)
Skills:
Climb +5; Diplomacy +8; Heal +8; Intimidate +7; Knowledge (Dungeon & Nature +4; Planes +1); Perception +12; Profession (Sailor) +6; Spellcraft +5; Survival +9; Swim +5

Init:1d20 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5
You boys have bitten off more than you can chew! Back off while you still have legs to stand on!

intimidate:1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13
Vs the captain if he is still standing. If not Vs one of the men.

Ith, Fog, Aldred:

Does any of the crew look like the Cheliax noble we are looking for?

Cheliax

Wadi straggles in last, his head still pounding from the beating he took earlier. I had better be careful here so not to blow my cover. Seeing violence erupt again, he clenches his fists, and glares at the nearest bodyguard. However the large bruise on his face does little to show he can back it up.

Initiative 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 1 = 16
Intimitation, on the crew surrounding the Captain 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5

Andoran

Male Half Elf Bard 2

Init: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5

Aldred has been hanging back, taking in the sights and sounds of the market, and only hurries towards the others from his lagging position near the door of the club when he suddenly realises that violence is potentially about to erupt. Seeing Sek move forward, presumably intent on punching one of the men, he mutters quietly, “So much for being peaceful merchants ...”

Grand Lodge

Sailor3 20
Sekhemre 19+
Captain 19
Wadi 16
Sailor2 14
Sailor1 11
Fog 8
Alie 7
Aldred 5+
Kayluss 5

I'll get a map ready and kick this off tomorrow morning.

Grand Lodge

MAP ROUND 1

As Sekhemre starts talking one of the sailors, barely more than a child by the looks of him, whirls around to appraise the newcomers. When the elf starts moving, the boy quickly moves to cut him off by standing directly in front of the Captain and bringing his fists up into a guard position that looks a lot more like a Cheliaxian boxing guard than any kind of sailors' brawling technique. The fringe of his hair is dyed a bright crimson and his eyes are a fierce blue. He may be babyfaced, but he eyes the elf heading his way with resolve and doesn't back down. He, like the others, has a scimitar and a short leather bound club strapped to his belt, but foregoes either of them in favor of bare knuckles. His crossbow hangs by a strap over the back of the chair he was sitting in. (D12)

Jumping over table: Acrobatics DC 12 (high jump 3 feet)
Jumping up to a chair, then the table: Acrobatics DC 8, then DC 4. (High jump two feet, then high jump 1 foot - Two Checks) ((This is possible at F9))
Each square moved through with acrobatics costs double movement (as per acrobatics) You have the option to increase the DC by 10 to move at your normal rate in those squares.

There are doors leading further into the club at D9, H9, and N9.

Kayluss, Aldred, & Fog

Spoiler:
The sailor moving to intercept Sekhemre has a shock of bright red hair for bangs that you were told to watch out for. He does look like he could be from Cheliax.
His clothes are far too nice for a sailor.

Wadi

Spoiler:
The sailor moving to intercept Sekhemre has a shock of bright red hair for bangs that you were told to watch out for. He does look like he could be from Cheliax.
His clothes are far too nice for a sailor.

Sekhemre

Spoiler:
No facial tattoos here. Just a couple of older guys sitting with women, the bartender and waitress, and the people involved in the gambling dispute.

Sekhemre is up

Osirion

Male Elf Alchemist (Beastmorph) 3

I have no desire to start a sword-fight in a crowded tavern. Fisticuffs are thematically appropriate, and will tend to garner less attention.

Acrobatics: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 13.

Narrowing his eyes, Sekhemre vaults over the table between the two sailors (E11), and closes with the Captain (30' gets me to C10), before clocking him on the jaw.

"We will not tolerate the molestation of our employees. Kindly depart."

Grand Lodge

As Sekhemre moves in the Chelaxian youth keeps his formal guard up until the last second when he drops low and plants a fist right in Sek's groin. Apparently he picked up a few moves beyond the standard boxing forms.

The Captain rocks back from the unexpected blow and backs into the corner groggily, while pulling something out of his pocket. "I guess you shouldn't have hired such an idiot if you didn't want him out gambling horses. Fair is fair. The horses are mine! Drop him boys!"

Wadi steps forward trying to cause the bodyguards to reconsider, but they don't seem impressed with his efforts. Instead they converge on the aggressive elf. One rushes in and gives the elf a threatening shove in the chest, while the other kicks his foot out just behind Sekhemre giving him nowhere to stumble back. The elf goes down and the sailors prepare to begin stomping him.

Sailor 3's readied attack (Dirty Trick Maneuver) : 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (16) + 3 = 19 vs Sek's CMD 17

Sek = Sickened 1 round. -2 on attack, weapon damage, saves, skills, & ability checks.
Captain to A9
Sailor 2 to C11
Sailor 1 to D10

Sailor 2 Trip Attempt 1d20 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 3 + 2 = 25
Sailor 1 Aid Attempt 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 3 = 17
No flanking bonus since no one is threatening.

Fog is next. Anyone can post actions. If someone moves to cut you off I'll stop to ask if you want to change tactics.

Andoran

Male Half Elf Bard 2

Ith, are you happy for us to talk out of turn, assuming it doesn’t involve any actions or skill checks or anything?

Grand Lodge

Was editing in above. Yes, you can act out of turn. If something happens to mess up your planned action, I'll ask if you want to do something else.

Taldor

Fey Sorcerer 8 | HP 55/55 | AC 15, Touch 13, Flat Footed 13 | CMD 14 | Fort: +7, Ref: +6, Will +8 | Init. +6 | Perception +2 | SM 0

DM, Alie will try to get off a sleep spell at the largest collection of baddies without catching one of the good guys. That will be her action this round.

Osirion

Male Elf Alchemist (Beastmorph) 3

Round 2 action:

"The faults of our contractor will be assessed separately once our business has been settled."

Wincing from the beating he is receiving at the hands of the sailors, Sekhemre scrambles to his feet, and 5' steps into the square vacated by the Captain, intent on punching him again (and getting away from the circle of sailors)!

Fist: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 16, for 1d3 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5.

Andoran

Male Half Elf Bard 2

Aldred’s eyes widen as he sees Sek run forward, then his expression changes to a wince as the crimson fringed lad punches the elf in the goolies.

“Good punch lad!” he calls, injecting a tone of levity into his voice despite the increasingly dangerous look of the situation. “You’d hold your own well on the mean streets of Almas with moves like that ... it’s a pity you’ve chosen to throw your lot in with scoundrels and cheats – we’re the good guys here lad.” Not an action – I don’t really have the time to use diplomacy, but maybe something will sink in ...

“Don’t hurt that one,” Aldred mutters to his nearby companions. “He’s just a kid in the wrong crowd.”

Round 1 action: Aldred steps back through the open doors (keeping it held open with one hand if needs be) 5 foot step to H13 and begins humming a slap-stick themed ditty, whilst squeezing and twisting a small square of rapidly melting butter between his fingers.

Cast grease on sailor 1 in D10 (make DC 14 reflex save or fall). If sailor 1 is taken out before Aldred casts, he will switch targets to whichever one of the bad guys (sailor 2, the boy or the captain) that he can see.

Andoran

Male Dwarf HP: 23[23] AC: 23 Firebolt 7[7] +3 (1d6) Channel: 5[5] 1d6 Endure Elements

"In the name of the Sun" Fog shouts, making sure his holy symbol is plainly visible "Why does everyone on this forsaken town turn to fighting first. I have offered to buy the debt man, would you prefer blood on your tables to clear up, or money in your pocket?"

Diplomacy: 1d20 ⇒ 8

Not a great deal of point Fog getting into the action, one good hit and he's down again.

Grand Lodge

Fog shouts out his appeal for civility to which the captain replies, "Hah! That's real believable considering your elf dog here threw the first punch." Alie begins working her way through a spell to incapacitate the captain and his men while Aldred barks off a more immediate conjuration. A thick layer of grease seeps through the floor around one of the pirates almost instantly. He wobbles, but quickly throws his hands out to both sides and manages to keep his balance for now. Kayluss practically growls at the Captain and his men, "You boys have bitten off more than you can chew! Back off while you still have legs to stand on!, but they are too focused on stomping the elf to even notice him.

The boy with the crimson bangs stomps down at Kayluss, but the elf rolls to the side and to his feet coming up to throw another punch at the captain who narrowly ducks it and edges away. He shouts, "They've got witches boys!" and hurls the stone he'd been palming just above the entry door. A sonic boom rocks the club deafening patrons and the bartender who clutch their ears.

Reflex 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (16) + 0 = 16 vs DC 14
Sailor 3 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8
Captain 1d20 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 2 + 1 = 9 vs DC 5
Wadi, Alie, Aldred, Kayluss - Fort DC 15 or deafened 1 hour

Fog- Diplomacy
Alie- Begin casting
Aldred- Grease (Need to specify which 4 squares), move to H13.
Kayluss- Intimidate vs Captain (fail)
Sailor 3 - attack
Sekhemre - attack
Captain - thunderstone

Wadi is up

Grand Lodge

Note- Sek's last attack roll was actually a total of 14 due to sickened condition.

Cheliax

Fort save 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 13

Wadi feels the place grow quiet as he feels the effect of the thunderstone. He points at his ears and clasps his face together. Seeing the place erupt into violence around him, he decides to stay in his defensive stance.

Full Defense

Osirion

Male Elf Alchemist (Beastmorph) 3

Ithuriel - You said Sek was Sickened for one round. Since Sailor 3 went before Sek, I assumed that it applied last round (and as such, I only hit AC 19, for 3 points of non-lethal, rather than 21 for 5 in the first round), not this round. My apologies.

Grand Lodge

Sek- my mistake. It did end just before your attack. Still misses though as he was taking evasive maneuvers up until his own action in round 2.

Grand Lodge

At the Captain's warning, the two sailors turn looking for spellcasters and see Alie in the middle of a complex chant. One rushes her delivering a devastating haymaker that knocks the little woman sideways. The other works his way carefully through the greased patch of the tavern then runs at her attempting to punt the little gnome. In the end the grease clinging to his boots cause him to skid the instant he goes up on one foot. He manages to catch himself, but only just. Instead of delivering a kick he ends up flailing around with three limbs out and one leg on the ground while trying to avoid falling on his butt.

Sailor 1 Acrobatics 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (14) + 0 = 14
Sailor 1 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6
Sailor 2 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 23; Crit Confirm 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 14
Nonlethal 2d3 + 4 ⇒ (3, 2) + 4 = 9

Aldred has stepped away so the blanket sling full of martial gear is on the ground at least on one end.

Grand Lodge

Alie - DC 20 to keep the spell (10 + 1 spell level + 9 damage)
Sorry about that. Certainly wasn't expecting a crit. The dice seem to be bizarrely high rolling on my end right now.

Middle of Round 2

Fog is up

Taldor

Fey Sorcerer 8 | HP 55/55 | AC 15, Touch 13, Flat Footed 13 | CMD 14 | Fort: +7, Ref: +6, Will +8 | Init. +6 | Perception +2 | SM 0

Those are the breaks, DM. Things happen...

Alie grunts in agony, trying to stay focused on completing her spell, to no avail. She was groggy after taking the shot from the thug, and the spell faded from her memory, before completion.

Concentration check 1d20 + 1 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 1 + 4 = 13

Taldor

Fey Sorcerer 8 | HP 55/55 | AC 15, Touch 13, Flat Footed 13 | CMD 14 | Fort: +7, Ref: +6, Will +8 | Init. +6 | Perception +2 | SM 0

Actually, DM, Alie only has 9 hit points, so she is in La La land right now, I think!

Andoran

Defense:
AC 30; Tch 15; FF 28; CMD 24; DR 3/-; hp 60; Fort: 10; Ref: +7; Will: +8
Offense:
Init +2; Spd 20ft; CMB +11; Ixthalos +13/+8 (1d10+7/ 19-20/ x2); Longbow +10/+5 (1d8+2/ x3/ 110ft)
Skills:
Climb +5; Diplomacy +8; Heal +8; Intimidate +7; Knowledge (Dungeon & Nature +4; Planes +1); Perception +12; Profession (Sailor) +6; Spellcraft +5; Survival +9; Swim +5

I cant's see the map since I'm at work so I'll just attack the nearest opponent.
Attack:1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 20
Damage:1d3 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6
and
Fort:1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15

Grand Lodge

The sailor who clocked Alie has about half a second grin before Kayluss drives a fist into his stomach doubling him over then grabs him by the head and slams a knee into his face leaving the man reeling with blood pouring from his nose.

Meanwhile the kid throws a punch aimed for Sekhemre's kidney, but the elf turns at the last second catching it in his back and though he feels the impact, his armor takes care of it. The kid's face breaks out in pure shock and he grabs his hand in pain. "OWWWW!!! What in the hells!?"

Alie> Being on 0 nonlethal is different than 0 lethal. You are staggered rather than disabled which means you only get a standard action or a move action, but neither cause you to drop below 0 hps.
Kayluss> You have one on either side of you. The one to the south is in melee range with all three of your arcane spellcasters so I imagine he is priority. Will apply there.

Fist 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8

Sekhemre is up.

Osirion

Male Elf Alchemist (Beastmorph) 3

Sekhemre spares the boy a quick glance, before turning on the Captain and attempting to smack him in the solar plexus...

Fist: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 20, for 1d3 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3 non-lethal damage.

Andoran

Male Half Elf Bard 2

Fort: 1d20 ⇒ 13

Aldred throws his hands up to his ears as the sonic boom rocks the bar – but too late! He shakes his head and twists his jaw but to no avail – he can’t hear a thing.

Round 2 action: Seeing the thug move near him, Aldred steps up and puts his fists up in an imitation of the crimson-haired youth’s boxing style. 5 foot step to G13, providing flanking bonus to Kayluss if he attacks G12.

He begins ducking, weaving, throwing shadow punches … actions which soon turn into a sort of comic dance, which hopefully confuses the hell out of his opponent and inspires Kayluss and the others

Begin bardic performance, inspire courage as standard action (as a supernatural ability I don’t think it provokes aoo). Perform (dance): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (11) + 7 = 18: +1 to hit / damage and the other usual bardic benefits to allies who can see him, probably everyone but Sek.

Grand Lodge

When the sailor rushes in trying to punt Alie, Fog steps in and buries a broad dwarven fist in his gut knocking the breath out of the man. Out of the corner of his eye he sees Aldred drop into a shadow boxing routine and Kayluss destroys the other sailor. From across the room Raimondo cheers, "That-sh it! A thoushand gold if you break hish jaw! Hahaha! Whooooo!"

Just as the sonic boom explodes through the club, the elven brawler pursuing the Captain steps in to deliver a solid blow to his chest. The bearded man stumbles back against the wall where Sekhemre hammers another fist into his temple. With the second blow his whole body goes limp and slowly slides down the wall. Raimondo whoops, "Hahah! Shwhat you deserve Elanzo you scheating bashterd! Take that!"

At this point, the guy Kayluss kneed to the face is cupping a nose pouring blood in one hand and holding the other up in the air to let the the blonde warrior know he is done here. The other struggles to get his breath back, but looking around doesn't seem that inspired to go on brawling. The boy cries out, "Captain Elanzo!" then to Sekhemre, "Enough you dishonorable jackal! Take the damned horse papers, but I swear I'll see you banned from every gambling house in Bloodcove for this!"

Raimondo steadies himself with one hand along the wall guiding himself to a potted palm tree and swaying on his feet works open his fly to relive himself on the potted plant, "Exschellent work men. I could ushe a few men who knowsh how to handle themselves on a caravan through the Mwangi. You intershted?"

Looking back I realized I got a little hasty and skipped both Fog and Aldred in round 2. Bonus bardic damage applied now.
Fog: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 = 22 Crit Confirm: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6
Nonlethal 1d3 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4

Regarding provoking with performance-

Spoiler:

As far as I understand it, you can't threaten a square when unarmed (improved unarmed feat being an obvious exception). That means no one is provoking AoO's for anything during this fight. Also at least one of two flanking opponents has to threaten in order to provide a flanking bonus. Seems weird, but I think it works that way as written.
prd wrote:
Threatened Squares: You threaten all squares into which you can make a melee attack, even when it is not your turn. Generally, that means everything in all squares adjacent to your space (including diagonally). An enemy that takes certain actions while in a threatened square provokes an attack of opportunity from you. If you're unarmed, you don't normally threaten any squares and thus can't make attacks of opportunity.
prd wrote:
When making a melee attack, you get a +2 flanking bonus if your opponent is threatened by another enemy character or creature on its opposite border or opposite corner.

I just point it out because I thought it was weird. Seems like if everyone is unarmed two brawlers should be able to flank another. Anyway- I kept it consistent as I understand it. No AoO's, no flanking bonus for anyone.

Still need a Fort save for Alie. DC 15.

Taldor

Fey Sorcerer 8 | HP 55/55 | AC 15, Touch 13, Flat Footed 13 | CMD 14 | Fort: +7, Ref: +6, Will +8 | Init. +6 | Perception +2 | SM 0

Fort. Save 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 3 = 18

Andoran

Male Dwarf HP: 23[23] AC: 23 Firebolt 7[7] +3 (1d6) Channel: 5[5] 1d6 Endure Elements

You can roll like that for me any time Ith!

"You, we have been looking for. Once you are sober, we are having a little talk, and I doubt you'll like it." Fog says matter of factly to Raimondo.

Is red-locks still about?

Grand Lodge

The boy's accent is completely out of place for the pirate he is supposed to be. It's far more cultured Chelaxian than Bloodcove pirate.

Fog - make a heal check
Sekhemre - make a perception check
The boy with the crimson bangs wants to check on the Captain, but right now Sekhemre is between them. I'll see how he reacts before assuming he is able.

151 to 200 of 3,069 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Ith's PFS pbp All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.