Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends


Ith's PFS pbp

Game Master ithuriel


1,901 to 1,950 of 3,069 << first < prev | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | next > last >>
Andoran

Male Human Druid

Heal: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5
Perception/Search, take 20 +8 skill bonus (if applicable).
Is there a knowledge check to determine why there are empty coffins in this room?

Osirion

"This was where the 'higher-ups' in the cult slept; I did not personally care for the decor - perhaps they were going for irony? You never know when accidental death will strike..."

Talhaearn:
Both of the bodies are *far* too fresh; you think they are probably cultists...

All of the barrels, crates, and coffins in the room are coated with a thin layer of a greasy substance which you recognise as contact poison; you think that there *were* poison gas traps in all of the coffins, but they have been triggered.

If you wish to search the bodies, you will risk exposure to the poison...

There is no trap to disarm; the trap has already been triggered. Everything is just poisoned :-/

Grand Lodge

Half Elf Rogue [8] | HP 67 | AC 22 T 15 FF 18 | F +5 R +10 W +5 | CMB +10 CMD 25 | Init +5 Perc +14 (low light)

Is my antitoxin still active?

"I want to search these bodies for something of value...but I fear contact with the poison may affect me. Anyone have anything that I can cover my hands and face with?"

Osirion

I will rule that your antitoxin is still active, for this encounter.

Go ahead and give me a roll :-)

Taldor

Fey Sorcerer 8 | HP 55/55 | AC 15, Touch 13, Flat Footed 13 | CMD 14 | Fort: +7, Ref: +6, Will +8 | Init. +6 | Perception +2 | SM 0

"Tal, let me check for magic. If there's none there, you might not need to search them.

Alie casts Detect Magic and looks at the corpses.

Grand Lodge

Half Elf Rogue [8] | HP 67 | AC 22 T 15 FF 18 | F +5 R +10 W +5 | CMB +10 CMD 25 | Init +5 Perc +14 (low light)

Taking 10 to search

Fortitude vs Poison: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (14) + 7 = 21

Osirion

Alie:
A short sword, a scroll, and a bag on the body of the Elf radiate magic. Feel free to roll Spellcraft to try and identify them.

Talhaearn:
You find a well-crafted short sword, a scroll, and a small bag, which *appears* empty, but when you reach inside it, you can feel multiple small, soft, warm balls.

Taldor

Fey Sorcerer 8 | HP 55/55 | AC 15, Touch 13, Flat Footed 13 | CMD 14 | Fort: +7, Ref: +6, Will +8 | Init. +6 | Perception +2 | SM 0

" Hold those things up, Tal. They are magical. Let me see if I can tell anything about them."

Spellcraft bag 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 22
Scroll 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7
Sword 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 17

Osirion

Alie:
You believe the Bag is a Grey Bag of Tricks.

Based on the strength of the aura, the sword is *probably* a +1 Short Sword.

Lastly, although you did not make the Spellcraft roll, since you have Read Magic, you can just cast that, and read the scroll automatically - it is a Scroll of Lesser Restoration.

The ball is in your court :-)

Taldor

Fey Sorcerer 8 | HP 55/55 | AC 15, Touch 13, Flat Footed 13 | CMD 14 | Fort: +7, Ref: +6, Will +8 | Init. +6 | Perception +2 | SM 0

"oooooo, neat. There's some good stuff there! A magic sword that is sharper and cuts deeper than most, a scroll of lesser restoration, and finally, Tal, reach into that bag and pull one of those balls ouT, drop it on the ground and watch what happens."

Just go ahead and read the spoiler to Alie in the last post for clarification.


Valeros paces around the room twirling his shortsword in boredom. "Bout done over there chief?"

Tal should use the magic shortsword.
Bag of Tricks sounds like Alie's style.

Grand Lodge

Half Elf Rogue [8] | HP 67 | AC 22 T 15 FF 18 | F +5 R +10 W +5 | CMB +10 CMD 25 | Init +5 Perc +14 (low light)

I will take the sword unless someone objects...and I'm ready to move whenever everyone else is.

Taldor

Fey Sorcerer 8 | HP 55/55 | AC 15, Touch 13, Flat Footed 13 | CMD 14 | Fort: +7, Ref: +6, Will +8 | Init. +6 | Perception +2 | SM 0

"Fog or Kovar definitely need the scroll. They probably arethe only ones that could use it. I'll hold the bag, if no one else wants it."

If anyone wants the bag of tricks, let me know.

Osirion

Following Talhaearn's lead, the party leaves the poison-choked 'coffin barracks', and moves over to the other door...

Nervously stepping around the half-melted bodies and congealing oil, Talhaearn breathes a sigh of relief when he discovers that there is no longer a trap on the door.

Carefully opening it, the party espies a rough-hewn corridor, 10' high, and 5' wide, beyond. 10' into the corridor, a sheet of heavy black canvas is nailed to the ceiling by one edge, and drapes down across the corridor, blocking sight of whatever lies beyond.

Talhaearn:
As you carefully consider the corridor, the hairs on the nape of your neck prick up; after carefully studying the ceiling, you reckon that there is a rock-fall trap, which will be triggered by moving the curtain.

Give me a Disable Device roll :-)

Knowledge(Engineering) DC 15:
The rock-fall trap was originally set up with a faulty design, but after dozens of failed activations, the trap is now precariously set and ready to go off at any moment, even
though it’s not likely to do a lot of damage if activated.

Grand Lodge

Half Elf Rogue [8] | HP 67 | AC 22 T 15 FF 18 | F +5 R +10 W +5 | CMB +10 CMD 25 | Init +5 Perc +14 (low light)

Could I also fire an arrow at it to set it off from a safe distance without taking damage?

Disable Device: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (12) + 12 = 24

Osirion

The question is, would it then block the corridor? *evil chuckle* :-D

Talhaearn:
You are fairly confident that you have not disabled the trap... but you also did not set it off...

Feel free to give me another Disable Device roll :-)

Grand Lodge

Half Elf Rogue [8] | HP 67 | AC 22 T 15 FF 18 | F +5 R +10 W +5 | CMB +10 CMD 25 | Init +5 Perc +14 (low light)

Disable Device: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (5) + 12 = 17

Boom.

Osirion

As Talhaearn carefully tries to detach the curtain from the ceiling (therefore disabling the trigger), there is a *crunch*, and a few small pebbles fall...

"Oh, Sh..."

Talhaearn has just enough time to glance upward, before the ceiling collapses on top of him!

Rockfall: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (4) + 15 = 19, for 4d6 ⇒ (2, 1, 1, 3) = 7 Bludgeoning damage.

Fortunately, he manages to avoid the worst of it.

Through the settling dust you are able to see further into the tunnel; it is carved out by hand and braced with thick planks of wood. The carved ceilings stretch to 10 feet in height and around five feet in width. The walls and floor are damp, and the sound of dripping water can be heard throughout. 25' from where Talhaearn is choking in the dust (so 35' from the rest of the party) you spot three dirty, malnourished, and rather surprised-looking cultists dressed in chain shirts, gathered around a guttering torch...

"What? They aren't more of us! Get'em boys!"

The cultists scramble to their feet, reaching for heavy wooden shields, and short swords...

Initiative:
Talhaearn: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (16) + 6 = 22.
Alie: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7.
Valeros: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 23.
Kovar: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11.
Fog: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (15) + 0 = 15.
Wadi: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 1 = 14.
Cultists: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2.

Round 1: Valeros, Talhaearn, Fog, Wadi, Kovar, Alie, Cultists

Let the conga-line commence ;-)

Cheliax

Wintergreen's CE PA IT Geek 10/Daddy 6/Physicist 3/Cartographer 1/Runner 1

The others wont alter Fog's action, so cast Shield on himself. Any chance of a map?

Osirion

Sure. here is a map. It is a very straight-forward encounter, though ;-)


Valeros jogs forward while drawing another blade, climbs over the rubble of the rockfall and leaps down on the other side. The warrior grins and dares the cultists to come at him, "So I heard you were in a race to kill each other. I'm in. Let's go boys."

Move to AD 9
Draw other sword so both are out.
Note- I left 10 feet between me and them so they couldn't 5' step and full attack. Don't step into that gap unless you are comfortable being stuck there for the rest of the encounter.

Grand Lodge

Half Elf Rogue [8] | HP 67 | AC 22 T 15 FF 18 | F +5 R +10 W +5 | CMB +10 CMD 25 | Init +5 Perc +14 (low light)

Is there enough room where the rest of the party is standing to draw them back & bottleneck them in the doorway?


Hmm. I would 5' step back three times, but the square you are in must be difficult terrain. I might do it as a move, but I have a feeling we are about to mow through these guys.

Grand Lodge

Half Elf Rogue [8] | HP 67 | AC 22 T 15 FF 18 | F +5 R +10 W +5 | CMB +10 CMD 25 | Init +5 Perc +14 (low light)

Tal will draw his swords and ready an attack...happy to have someone else leading the charge; if only for a few moments.

Taldor

Fey Sorcerer 8 | HP 55/55 | AC 15, Touch 13, Flat Footed 13 | CMD 14 | Fort: +7, Ref: +6, Will +8 | Init. +6 | Perception +2 | SM 0

Alie sighs, realizing that there was no way she could get any of her magic through the bottleneck her friends were currently standing in.

"Could a Magic Missle get through the chaos to get a cultist?

Osirion

Of course they can! Generally speaking, as long as you can see the target, and they are within range, Magic Missile will always work :-)

Taldor

Fey Sorcerer 8 | HP 55/55 | AC 15, Touch 13, Flat Footed 13 | CMD 14 | Fort: +7, Ref: +6, Will +8 | Init. +6 | Perception +2 | SM 0

Alie firs off one of her magic missles at the closest cultist.

Damage 2d4 + 2 ⇒ (2, 2) + 2 = 6

Cheliax

Well, I wonder why these cultists feel the need to make their final stand here...

Wadi judges there would be no way to fire into the corridor without getting into the warriors way. He moves befind Alie where he can see the lead cultist and points at him, waiting for him to get closer...

Move to X9.
Ready action to cast Flare when cultist is within 30', Fort save DC 13 or be dazzled for 1 minute.

Andoran

Male Human Druid

Can someone point me to the map again. I've seemed to have lost it. Somehow.

Taldor

Fey Sorcerer 8 | HP 55/55 | AC 15, Touch 13, Flat Footed 13 | CMD 14 | Fort: +7, Ref: +6, Will +8 | Init. +6 | Perception +2 | SM 0

Check Luke 5 am post. Under 'here is a map.'

Andoran

Male Human Druid

Kovar will take out his scimitar and along with Grey will move to either side of the opening of the hallway- ready to strike any cultist that somehow make through the hallway.

Thanks Alie and Luke. I failed my reading comprehension check.

Osirion

Valeros steps forward, and taunts the cultists.

Talhaearn draws his swords, and readies to attack, if any cultists should get past Valeros.

Fog calls upon the divine grace of Sarenrae to Shield him.

Wadi scurries backward, and readies to cast a spell if any cultists should get past Valeros.

Kovar barks a command to his wolf, and they adopt positions either side of the door.

Alie sends two bolts of pure force slamming into the lead cultist, causing him to rock backward, but barely dampening the gleam of fanaticism which lurks behind his eyes...

The cultists them move forward; the injured one hangs back, whilst the one behind him moves to engage Valeros...

Cultist Short Sword: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 15, for 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5 damage.

...his blade turning aside on Valeros' armor.

Round 2: Valeros, Talhaearn, Fog, Wadi, Kovar, Alie, Cultists


Valeros bellows and charges right at the lead cultist shoulder low in an attempt to bowl him over.

Overrun CMB 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (17) + 7 = 24
Provokes an AoO. If I am damaged, subtract the damage from my CMB check.
Move to AF9, setting Tal up for a flank.
If I beat his CMD by 5 or more cultist is also prone.

Grand Lodge

Half Elf Rogue [8] | HP 67 | AC 22 T 15 FF 18 | F +5 R +10 W +5 | CMB +10 CMD 25 | Init +5 Perc +14 (low light)

Tal is about to strategize with Valeros as he goes rushing forward, taking the cultist down in the process. With a shrug he steps forward 5 feet and makes a full attack.

Main Hand Attack: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (11) + 8 = 19
Damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5
Sneak Attack: 1d6 ⇒ 3

Off Hand Attack: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9
Damage: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6
Sneak Attack: 1d6 ⇒ 6

Osirion

Cultist AoO: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 21, for 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5.

Valeros brushes past the lead cultist, knocking him prone, but not before he receives a light cut to his left thigh.

This allows Talhaearn to step up, and deal a vicious stab to the cultist!

Round 2: Valeros, Talhaearn, Fog, Wadi, Kovar, Alie, Cultists

Taldor

Fey Sorcerer 8 | HP 55/55 | AC 15, Touch 13, Flat Footed 13 | CMD 14 | Fort: +7, Ref: +6, Will +8 | Init. +6 | Perception +2 | SM 0

Providing continued support, Alie fires her missle at the closest assailant.

Damage 2d4 + 2 ⇒ (1, 2) + 2 = 5

Cheliax

Wadi waits for Fog to move closer to the action before he steps forward to flash-bang the nearest cultist.

Delay until Fog moves, then move to Z9.
Cast Flare at the Cultist C2.
If C2 dies, he will maintain his readied action.

Andoran

Male Human Druid

Kovar continues to ready an action- attack if any can make it down the hall or if enemies come from the other side.

Andoran

Male Dwarf HP: 23[23] AC: 23 Firebolt 7[7] +3 (1d6) Channel: 5[5] 1d6 Endure Elements

Fog calls on the glory of Sarenrae to blast the vile cultists, then steps to the side, readying his scimitar.

SA: Firebolt: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4 DMG: 1d6 ⇒ 5
MA: Draw scimitar
5ft Step

Osirion

Fog throws a fire bolt which goes wide, narrowly missing the back of Talhaearn's head.

Wadi moves forward, and casts a spell at the nearest Cultist...

Fort: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 20.

...but the man closes his eyes just in time, ignoring the sudden burst of light in front of his face.

Kovar continues to maintain his position to the side of the doorway.

Alie directs another pair of force missiles at the closest cultist, wounding him severely.

Both injured cultists attack Valeros...

Cultist #1: 1d20 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 3 + 2 = 18, for 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5 damage.

Cultist #2: 1d20 + 3 + 2 - 4 ⇒ (8) + 3 + 2 - 4 = 9, for 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8 damage.

...and miss wildly!

Round 3: Valeros, Talhaearn, Fog, Wadi, Kovar, Alie, Cultists

Grand Lodge

Half Elf Rogue [8] | HP 67 | AC 22 T 15 FF 18 | F +5 R +10 W +5 | CMB +10 CMD 25 | Init +5 Perc +14 (low light)

Tal continues his bladed assault on the cultist.

Main Hand: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (8) + 8 = 16
Damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8
Sneak Attack: 1d6 ⇒ 2

Off Hand: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10
Damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7
Sneak Attack: 1d6 ⇒ 1


"Now its my turn!" Valeros lunges at the cultist ahead of him trying to run him through with his longsword and follows up with a downward slash at his calf with the shortsword.

Longsword 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13, 1d6 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7
Shortsword 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9, Damage 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7
Ahh hell. That was some s%$& rolling.
I would have focused both of those on the guy ahead of Valeros. Too bad. Even that terrible second one would have hit a prone and flanked guy.

Osirion

Valeros attempts to slash the Cultist in front of him, but the man manages to nimbly dodge out of the way, Valeros' longsword only rasping across his armor.

Talhaearn has better luck, his first blow piercing the man's underarm, and the second slicing across his throat. He twitches feebly for a moment, and then goes limp.

Round 3: Valeros, Talhaearn, Fog, Wadi, Kovar, Alie, Cultists

Andoran

Male Dwarf HP: 23[23] AC: 23 Firebolt 7[7] +3 (1d6) Channel: 5[5] 1d6 Endure Elements

Fog tries again to firebolt the remaining cultist.

Firebolt: 1d20 + 3 - 4 ⇒ (18) + 3 - 4 = 17 vs Touch AC (-4 for shooting into combat)DMG: 1d6 ⇒ 5

Andoran

Male Dwarf HP: 23[23] AC: 23 Firebolt 7[7] +3 (1d6) Channel: 5[5] 1d6 Endure Elements

Fog tries again to firebolt the remaining cultist.

Firebolt: 1d20 + 3 - 4 ⇒ (16) + 3 - 4 = 15 vs Touch AC (-4 for shooting into combat)DMG: 1d6 ⇒ 3

Cheliax

Wadi readies an elemental ray for the cultist should be manage to break free of the melee.

Ready Elemental Ray should a cultist get within' 30 and also not be in melee. Attack ranged touch 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8; damage 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3

Taldor

Fey Sorcerer 8 | HP 55/55 | AC 15, Touch 13, Flat Footed 13 | CMD 14 | Fort: +7, Ref: +6, Will +8 | Init. +6 | Perception +2 | SM 0

Alie pauses, trying not to waste the rest of her minimal magical reserves, to determine if her friends need her magic, or if they have the situation in hand.

Osirion

Invoking the power of the Dawnflower, Fog throws a bolt of fire at the closest cultist; despite the fact that Talhaearn and Valeros are in the way, his aim is true, and scorches the cultist badly, searing a mark across his left shoulder and neck.

Wadi tenses for a moment, deciding to wait until he has a clear line of sight before throwing his own bolt of flame...

Kovar continues to ready outside the doorway.

Alie delays, hoping that the rest of the arty will be able to take out the cultists.

The heavily injured cultist steps back from Valeros, draws a potion from his belt, and drinks it...

Healing:
CMW: 2d8 + 3 ⇒ (5, 2) + 3 = 10.

...causing the majority of his wounds to close over, although he still has a couple of bruises.

The other cultist rushes forward eagerly, and takes a swing at Valeros!

Cultist #3: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 16.

However, like his compatriots before him, he is unable to easily find a gap in Valeros' armor.

Round 4: Valeros, Talhaearn, Fog, Wadi, Kovar, Alie, Cultists

MAP

Taldor

Fey Sorcerer 8 | HP 55/55 | AC 15, Touch 13, Flat Footed 13 | CMD 14 | Fort: +7, Ref: +6, Will +8 | Init. +6 | Perception +2 | SM 0

Alie can tell these cultists are stronger than she had hoped, so she decided she needed to support her fellows. She fires again at the closest cultist.

Magic missle damage 2d4 + 2 ⇒ (3, 3) + 2 = 8


Using the shortsword as a guard, Valeros lifts the longsword well over his head and slashes downward at the next cultist then scrambles back down the hallway.


SA: Longsword 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (12) + 9 = 21
Damage 1d8 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13
MA: 30' to AA9 (provokes if he is still standing)

1,901 to 1,950 of 3,069 << first < prev | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Ith's PFS pbp All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.