Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

Ith's PFS pbp

Game Master ithuriel


1,651 to 1,700 of 3,069 << first < prev | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | next > last >>
Grand Lodge

Magda rushes past Fog and her hand takes on the same golden nimbus when she calls on the spirits whose gifts fuel her power. She commands it in her native Skald. "Release this shell to the grave!" The witch has to trust that her power and the blessing of her spirit guardians would protect her from the pus leaking from the zombie.

MA: To X10, may provoke if she can't step from Aldred's square to there because of a hard corner.
SA: Healing Hex 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (16) + 0 = 16
Damage 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6

Whoops. I thought we were still in the opening partial round.
@Fog> Luke has it right there. You'd need feats or magic items to improve your chance to hit at range. Enlarge actually makes you worse at ranged combat. Even if you had a bow your arrows would shrink back to normal size once they were fired.
For melee though, you get 10 foot reach, increased damage die, increased damage mod and the size penalty to hit balances out with the bonus to hit from your str increasing.
But the fire bolts do bypass zombie DR so there is that.

Grand Lodge

Aldred: if the zombie is down move to W11
Short bow 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 20 vs the cultist w3
Damage 1d6 ⇒ 1

Andoran

Male Dwarf HP: 23[23] AC: 23 Firebolt 7[7] +3 (1d6) Channel: 5[5] 1d6 Endure Elements
Magda Marinova wrote:

@Fog> Luke has it right there. You'd need feats or magic items to improve your chance to hit at range. Enlarge actually makes you worse at ranged combat. Even if you had a bow your arrows would shrink back to normal size once they were fired.

For melee though, you get 10 foot reach, increased damage die, increased damage mod and the size penalty to hit balances out with the bonus to hit from your str increasing.
But the fire bolts do bypass zombie DR so there is that.

Exactly, the DR is what I was going for. Still not had chance to work out where that +3 came from... Even at -5 though, I expect the touch attack hits a Zombie, but it wont crit. Using the rolls above and the pick two handed, I'd hit for 25 on the first hit, for 6 damage, and the crit confirm would be 17, and 24 damage (x4 crit).

So, I'll leave it up to the DM, because retconning that with such good rolls seems a little unbalanced! Either firebolt with a bit of damage, or a very squishy Zombie!

Grand Lodge

Since I changed all of your modifiers for you I thought you might find this useful.
These are Fog's different attack options while enlarged.
Mw Pick one handed, with shield: +4, 1d8+3, +2 AC
mw Pick one handed power attack with shield: +3, 1d8+ 5, +2 AC
mw Pick two handed: +4, 1d8+4
mw Pick two handed power attack +3, 1d8+8
CMB +5
Ranged -1
Includes strength increase and size mod to hit.

On Fog's sheet his normal (not enlarged) CMB should be +3
His normal CMD should be 13/15 because he has a bonus vs trip and bullrush as a dwarf.

EDIT to add in masterwork bonus on the pick

Cheliax

Wintergreen's CE PA IT Geek 10/Daddy 6/Physicist 3/Cartographer 1/Runner 1

I really am out of practice with this aren't I? I left the power attack out since I don't have too much time to work this out....Can Fog actually use the Pick two handed, since it's a one handed weapon?

Grand Lodge

Yep. One handed weapons can be used two handed to get a 1.5 times modifier to strength bonus and power attack bonus.
Light weapons cannot be used two handed.

Cheliax

Wintergreen's CE PA IT Geek 10/Daddy 6/Physicist 3/Cartographer 1/Runner 1

Ah, so 2-handed wepons must be used 2-handed? I was trying to work out the logical distinction between 1 and 2

Grand Lodge

Right. If they are designated as two handed then they can /only/ be used two handed but they generally have a higher damage spread.
Those categories also determine which weapons are possible or impossible to use if you have an oversized weapon.

Btw I made a mistake on the two handed power attack line.
Should be 1d8+7 damage. 4 strength + 3 power attack.

Osirion

@Magda: Magda can move to that square without provoking, as Wadi provides cover against the attack.

@Magda: Technically, I need a melee touch from you with the healing hex, in order to actually touch the zombie... it does not *want* the positive energy, after all ;-)

Slipping behind the young sorceror, Magda moves-up to the zombie, and gives it a 'healing touch'...

Will: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4.

...golden light suffusing its form, which starts to smoke. However, it merely turns to regard her with cold, shrivelled eyes.

Aldred pulls out an arrow, and fires a shot at the warrior, but his shot scratches across the man's shoulder, causing minimal damage.

Wadi does his best to distract the zombie, lining it up for a powerful hit from Fog, but the zombie does not seem to notice.

The man with the shortbow grins, drops his bow, and moves up adjacent to Wadi (W11), drawing a pick as he does so, and taking a swing at the embattled sorceror...

MW Heavy Pick: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4, for 1d6 ⇒ 2 damage.

...but he manages to dodge out of the way.

Fog, calling upon the Dawnflower, fires a bolt of flame which engulfs the zombie's head in flame, causing it to sizzle and pop, and searing its flesh, filling the room with the smell of burning meat.

Round 12: Magda, Aldred, Wadi, Cultist, Fog, Alie, Zombie, Fel

Grand Lodge

My melee touch is up there on the line that says:
SA: Healing Hex 16+0=16

Osirion

Ah, I missed that. Carry on :-)

Grand Lodge

Action / dice posted too early and held in reserve:

Spoiler:
The zombie and cultist manage to block the exit to the tunnel with Wadi caught on the front line. Magda quickly activates her wand and begins to heal the sorcerer.

Aldred angles and waits for an opportunity, but can't really get a clear shot. When he finally fires it chips rock and skitters down the tunnel into the room beyond.

Wand: CLW on Wadi 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2 26 charges left
Aldred 1d20 + 3 - 4 - 4 ⇒ (5) + 3 - 4 - 4 = 0 (cover, in melee)

Osirion

Hang on, Magda; the Zombie and Fel have not acted - we are currently waiting for Alie to act :-)

Grand Lodge

Whoops. I'm half zombie myself this morning. Didn't realize I was wearing my shirt inside out for a good couple of hours. We are home again now btw. Late night return.

Alie had a sleep spell going so that will go off just before her turn this round. LoS and placement may be tricky.

Osirion

If she 5' steps to T9, she can still target the cult warrior; it will hit Magda and the zombie as well, though (although of the two, only Magda can be affected).

How lucky is Magda feeling? ;-)

Grand Lodge

Even if it drops me, the zombie has taken a beating. As long as the cultist goes down too, you can kick me awake after the zombie drops. Go for it Alie!

Taldor

Fey Sorcerer 8 | HP 55/55 | AC 15, Touch 13, Flat Footed 13 | CMD 14 | Fort: +7, Ref: +6, Will +8 | Init. +6 | Perception +2 | SM 0

Alie moves 5', making sure she has a clear line of sight at the warrior. Unfortunately, the witch would be affected, but the risk had to be taken.

Sorry Magda. Both of you need DC 18 Will saves.

Grand Lodge

Will 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 22 (includes resistance spell)
Whoo hoo!

Cheliax

Heh...just goes to show friendly fire...usually isn't, he he.

Osirion

Will: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (8) + 0 = 8.

The Cult Warrior yawns, and then falls to the ground, snoring.

Does Alie wish to do anything with her action, this round?

Taldor

Fey Sorcerer 8 | HP 55/55 | AC 15, Touch 13, Flat Footed 13 | CMD 14 | Fort: +7, Ref: +6, Will +8 | Init. +6 | Perception +2 | SM 0

No. Alie wants to see how this round goes before doing anything else.

Osirion

You mean Alie is delaying?

Taldor

Fey Sorcerer 8 | HP 55/55 | AC 15, Touch 13, Flat Footed 13 | CMD 14 | Fort: +7, Ref: +6, Will +8 | Init. +6 | Perception +2 | SM 0

Sorry. Yes, please. Alie will delay.

Osirion

Zombie: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9, for 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7.

The zombie flails ineffectually at Wadi.

Fel screams in annoyance.

"Wake-up, you worthless son of a sewer rat!"

He then turns to regard Fog with narrowed eyes.

"I said, the power of Zyphus compels you!"

Will save, Fog :-)

Andoran

Male Dwarf HP: 23[23] AC: 23 Firebolt 7[7] +3 (1d6) Channel: 5[5] 1d6 Endure Elements

Will: 1d20 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 6 + 2 = 9

Urgh, that's not useful.

Osirion

I'll let you know what happens on Fog's turn ;-)

Osirion

Magda reaches forward with her wand, and taps Wadi, causing some of his wounds to start to heal.

Aldred fires his shortbow, but in the wild press of bodies, his aim is off, and the arrow goes wide.

Round 13: Magda, Aldred, Wadi, Cultist, Fog, Alie, Zombie, Fel

Cheliax

Wadi, as yet unaware of Fog's succumbing to the spell, continues to assist the dwarf in handling the zombie.

Aid Another Fog to hit zombie. 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

Grand Lodge

Ward fails with that save. Back to 17 AC for Fog.

Osirion

Fog:
Fog has been affected by Cause Fear, and needs to run away for 1d4 ⇒ 3 rounds; thus, he will be back in the combat after six rounds. Sorry Fog :-/

Wadi attempts to distract the Zombie, to no avail.

The Cultist continues to snore loudly at Wadi's feet.

Fog, his face clouded by abject terror, runs screaming down the corridor!

Fel grins.

"Your big friend understands the power of the Grim Harvestman! Cower before my might!"

Alie is up.

Round 13: Magda, Aldred, Wadi, Cultist, Fog, Alie, Zombie, Fel

Cheliax

Wintergreen's CE PA IT Geek 10/Daddy 6/Physicist 3/Cartographer 1/Runner 1

Twiddles thumbs. ;)

Taldor

Fey Sorcerer 8 | HP 55/55 | AC 15, Touch 13, Flat Footed 13 | CMD 14 | Fort: +7, Ref: +6, Will +8 | Init. +6 | Perception +2 | SM 0

Can Alie move and get lien of sight on the cultist? If so, she will cast Daze on her. If not, Alie will grab a dagger and hope to provide flanking for a round.

Alie tries to scurry around and get a good look at the cultist. Once she does, she casts a spell, hoping to distract the evil priest from her friends. Will DC 17.

Osirion

If Alie moves to V10, she can get line of sight to Fel.

ALie moves forward and casts a spell, targeting the cult leader...

Will: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 14.

...as the magic takes hold, Fel stands there, dazed.

The zombie on the other hand, continues to mindless attempt to chew Wadi apart.

Zombie: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21, for 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5 damage.

Round 14: Magda, Aldred, Wadi, Cultist, Fog, Alie, Zombie, Fel

Cheliax

Wadi sees Fog run away and after getting clobbered by the zombie again groans "Little help here..."

Attack zombie 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6; damage 1d4 ⇒ 4 S/P.

Grand Lodge

While chewing through a curse in Skald Magda transfers her ward to Aldred who moves in hacking at the zombie with his dagger.

GM if you don't mind handling the placement please do. On my phone and the map is a hassle at the moment.
Aldred:
Dagger 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 = 22
Confirm? 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10
Damage 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

Osirion

If Aldred straddles the snoring cultist (W11), he can get in at the zombie.

Whilst none of the other party members understand Magda's words, the spirit of her curses are plain, as she transfers her ward from the fleeing Fog to Aldred...

With a gulp, Aldred moves forward, and takes a swing at the zombie with his dagger; incredibly, he manages to find a weak spot, his dagger slicing across its leathery throat, severing tendons and causing its head to flop backwards. It sways drunkly for a few moments, before collapsing to the floor, unmoving.

"NOOO!", screams Fel, "My beautiful zombie! You will pay for that! I will see at least one of you DIE!"

Meanwhile, Fog continues to run, and the cultist continues to snore...

Round 14: Magda, Aldred, Wadi, Cultist, Fog, Alie, Fel

Alie is up.

Taldor

Fey Sorcerer 8 | HP 55/55 | AC 15, Touch 13, Flat Footed 13 | CMD 14 | Fort: +7, Ref: +6, Will +8 | Init. +6 | Perception +2 | SM 0

Alie points at the cultist leader and directs a small burst of acid towards the cleric.

Ranged touch 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6
Damage 1d3 ⇒ 1

Osirion

Ignoring the blob of acid which fires straight over his head, and screaming obscenities, Fel charges forward (to X11), swinging his pick at Aldred...

MW Pick: 1d20 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 5 + 2 = 20, for 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5 damage.

Round 15: Magda, Aldred, Wadi, Cultist, Fog, Alie, Fel

Cheliax

Wadi steps back away from the madman 5' step to V9 and yells "Magda! Get back from him!"

Ready action to fire Elemental Ray at Fel once he is not in melee with anyone. Touch attack 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 = 12; damage 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7

Grand Lodge

Some ooc talk over here: OOC thread

Grand Lodge

Magda spits at Fel Bustrani's feet and glares at him defiantly while backing up. "Now Aldred!" she cries out without taking her eyes off the mad cult leader.

Aldred steps back singing as he does so and a thick layer of greasy fat begins to materialize around the cleric in the tunnel.

Magda: 5' step to W9
Evil eye will DC 15. Duration 1 round or 7 rounds. -2 on his saves.
Aldred: 5' step to X12, MA: sheathe dagger (need a free hand for somatic and has a shield out)
SA: Grease DC 14 to avoid falling.
Area- W-X 10-11

Osirion

Being generous, here, because technically, Fel is still in melee with Aldred...

As Magda steps back with alacrity, and Aldred steps around the enraged cultist, Wadi carefully lines up a shot, and then flames the cult leader, slapping him straight in the face, and charring the flesh from his bone.

The injury, however, only seems to further anger the man, who glares at Wadi.

"You will be next!"

Magda then attempts to Hex Fel...

Will: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23.

...but he barely seems to notice.

Aldred then attempts to cast a spell, and, seeing an opening, the cult leader takes a swing...

MW Pick: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12, for 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8 damage.

...but Aldred nimbly dodges out of the way, finishing his incantation, and causing Grease to appear beneath the cultist's feet.

Reflex: 1d20 - 1 - 2 ⇒ (18) - 1 - 2 = 15.

Fel sways for a moment, nearly losing his balance, but retains his footing.

"Is that all you have got? I will make the lot of you my new batch of minions!"

Meanwhile, the other cultist continues to snore, and Fog continues to flee, pausing only when he gets to the foot of the stairs, and hears moaning, and the shuffling of many feet, in the room above...

Alie is up.

Round 15: Magda, Aldred, Wadi, Cultist, Fog, Alie, Fel

Taldor

Fey Sorcerer 8 | HP 55/55 | AC 15, Touch 13, Flat Footed 13 | CMD 14 | Fort: +7, Ref: +6, Will +8 | Init. +6 | Perception +2 | SM 0

Alie makes sure she can see the cleric and begins casting her favorite spell, hoping to put him to sleep and end this fight once and for all.

Begin casting Sleep.

Osirion

Fel attempts to move towards Alie...

Acrobatics: 1d20 - 9 ⇒ (4) - 9 = -5 Vs DC 10

...buts slips...

Reflex: 1d20 - 1 - 2 ⇒ (18) - 1 - 2 = 15

...barely managing to retain his footing.

Snarling angrily, he takes another swing at Aldred...

MW Pick: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13, for 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6 damage.

...but misses horribly.

Round 16: Magda, Aldred, Wadi, Cultist, Fog, Alie, Fel

Grand Lodge

Magda smiles as recognizes what Alie is up to. The witch bites into her forearm and as blood dribbles down her chin she stands there wracked by mad laughter while staring at Fel.

Spellcraft 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (16) + 9 = 25 to know Alie is casting sleep
Move: Cackle to extend Evil Eye vs saves
Standard: Evil Eye on skill checks. Will DC 15 or -2 skills to keep him in that grease. 7 rounds or 1 round.
Aldred: 5' back to X13
Move: drop shield
Move: draw bow

My bad with Aldred before. Thought he was going to step back at first before realizing he couldn't and then I forgot he was still in reach. Actually provoked for two different reasons with the move and spell but unless hehad combat reflexes it is all the same.

I was going to do the same thing before I saw Fel's acrobatics mod, but this evil eye will put him at -11. He cannot get out of the grease except by falling prone and crawling. If Alie doesn't get him with sleep pummel him at range.

Osirion

Will: 1d20 + 5 - 2 ⇒ (7) + 5 - 2 = 10.

Fel directs a hateful gaze in Magda's direction.

"Death is too good for you. One way or another, even if I die, YOU will perish!"

Round 16: Magda, Aldred, Wadi, Cultist, Fog, Alie, Fel

Wadi is up.

Cheliax

Wadi stays back and unleashes his new fangled sling on the priest.

Attack Sling 1d20 + 1 - 1 ⇒ (16) + 1 - 1 = 16; damage 1d2 ⇒ 2 B/S
11/12 left.

Grand Lodge

I'll reduce his AC next.

Taldor

Fey Sorcerer 8 | HP 55/55 | AC 15, Touch 13, Flat Footed 13 | CMD 14 | Fort: +7, Ref: +6, Will +8 | Init. +6 | Perception +2 | SM 0

I love Witches debuffing hexes. Those things are so helpful to a party!

Osirion

Wadi loads-up a shot glass, and slings it at the enraged cult leader; unfortunately, it fails to find soft flesh, instead shattering harmlessly across the man's chest plate.

The other cultist continues to snore...

Fog finally comes to his senses, the magical compulsion to flee suddenyl lifting from him.

I assume that he starts hustling back to the others...?

Round 16: Magda, Aldred, Wadi, Cultist, Fog, Alie, Fel

Alie is up.

1,651 to 1,700 of 3,069 << first < prev | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Ith's PFS pbp All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.