Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

RPG Superstar 2015

Ith's PFS pbp

Game Master ithuriel


1,601 to 1,650 of 3,069 << first < prev | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | next > last >>
Sovereign Court

Alright, so Alie (and Aldred) are going forward, by themselves? (Taking 10 on Acrobatics so that they do not fall over?)

Grand Lodge

Take 10 yes. Once init is rolled Aldred and Alie will need to roll 12's to move 1/2 speed. Don't get caught in there.

Aldred - Stealth 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (17) + 8 = 25
Move to T11
While they head in, shield on Magda (AC20) and then enlarge Fog.

Grand Lodge

We need positions for Fog, Wadi, and Alie in the tunnel.

Dark Archive

Wadi will be in R13.

Liberty's Edge

Male Dwarf HP: 23[23] AC: 23 Firebolt 7[7] +3 (1d6) Channel: 5[5] 1d6 Endure Elements

Map

Fog will pake P14

Fog moves to the side of the tunnel entrance, once he's been enlarged, and takes up his pick.

Sovereign Court

Fey Sorcerer 8 | HP 52/55 | AC 15, Touch 13, Flat Footed 13 | CMD 14 | Fort: +7, Ref: +6, Will +8 | Init. +6 | Perception +2 | SM 0

Move Alie to any of the squares adjacent to Aldred. Just want him to help draw some attacks when they come running!

Sovereign Court

*Smacks head*

For some reason, I was waiting for Wadi to declare his position on the map, only to realise that he posted exactly that three posts up :-/

Sorry guys!

Alie and Aldred carefully sneak forward, working in tandem to produce the illusion of a large, bristly, plague-infested rat, which squeaks as it skitters down the corridor.

Working hard to not fall over on the slippery floor, they manage to keep the rat just at the limit of vision, trying to keep out of sight of whomever... or whatever is in the chamber beyond the tunnel exit.

Meanwhile, Magda works furiously to cast spells, summoning a Shield of pure force to protect her, and causing Fog's stature to increase two-fold, turning him into a mighty mountain of Dwarven flesh!

In order to be able to *just* see the tunnel exit, and hence direct the rat there, Aldred and Alie will need to be in V10 / U9.

As the rat scrabbles across the last of the slippery flooring, there is a very human gasp from the room beyond, and an arrow slams into the 'rat' (although to your eyes, of course, it goes straight through and hits the floor).

Then, a voice, filled with a calm malice, speaks.

"I know every creature in this edifice, at that rat is not one of them; it must have a master! Come, little rats, infesting my cellar. Where are you? You cannot stop what I have initiated; soon, the power of the stone will reach its zenith, and a tide of undead flesh will spill out upon Oppara! All for the glory of Zyhpus!"

Initiative:
Alie: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6
Fog: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (11) - 1 = 10 (due to being enlarged)
Wadi: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 1 = 15
Aldred: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 = 21
Magda: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22
Fel: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (2) - 1 = 1
Zombie: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (5) + 0 = 5
Cultist: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (13) + 0 = 13

Round 1: Magda, Aldred, Wadi, Cultist, Fog, Alie, Zombie, Fel

Grand Lodge

Magda traces the sihedron over her heart and spits on the ground next to her.

Cast Resistance on herself.
+1 on all saves for 1 minute.

Grand Lodge

Aldred will delay to make sure Alie is not left alone if he retreats.

Dark Archive

Wadi unfurls his scroll of Shield and reads off the runes on it, activating it.

Shield AC 19 for 1 minute.

Sovereign Court

The Cultist does... something... Fog and Alie are up.

Sovereign Court

Fey Sorcerer 8 | HP 52/55 | AC 15, Touch 13, Flat Footed 13 | CMD 14 | Fort: +7, Ref: +6, Will +8 | Init. +6 | Perception +2 | SM 0

Alie attempts to back out of the slick tunnel, as carefully as possible, knowing the ruse was unsuccessful.

DM, not sure what kind of check you need, but feel free to roll whatever you need for me.

Sovereign Court

It is slippery, as per the Grease spell; so DC 10 Acrobatics checks to move, and movement is at half speed.

Acrobatics: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10.

Alie starts to back out of the tunnel, just managing to not slip over...

With a double move, Alie can get back to R12.

Sovereign Court

Fey Sorcerer 8 | HP 52/55 | AC 15, Touch 13, Flat Footed 13 | CMD 14 | Fort: +7, Ref: +6, Will +8 | Init. +6 | Perception +2 | SM 0

Perfect, DM, that is exactly what Alie will do.

Sovereign Court

Just waiting on Fog.

Liberty's Edge

Male Dwarf HP: 23[23] AC: 23 Firebolt 7[7] +3 (1d6) Channel: 5[5] 1d6 Endure Elements

Fog signals to the others to hold fire, and keep quiet whilst the others return. Fog is hoping that now we have the attention of those inside, not responding may still draw them out.

Sovereign Court

Full of smugness, the voice you heard before taunts the party, echoing down the corridor:

"Come now, don't be shy; I can promise you a quick death, and a new life in the Zyphus Horde. I am the one with time on my side. It won't be long now before all of those above rise, and the apocalypse commences!"

@Fog: Whilst a nice idea, I am afraid that they are fully aware of the terrain, and have no incentive to come out, when they know there are a few hundred potential zombie reinforcements coming along in the near future...

Liberty's Edge

Male Dwarf HP: 23[23] AC: 23 Firebolt 7[7] +3 (1d6) Channel: 5[5] 1d6 Endure Elements

Gah, well, it was worth a try. So. Charge in?

Sovereign Court

Round 2: Magda, Aldred, Wadi, Cultist, Fog, Alie, Zombie, Fel

Grand Lodge

Magda breaks away from the ambush position and grabs an armful of costumes nearby to throw down on the slick cavern floor. "Help me!"

Aldred quickly fires off a parting shot to cover his unsteady retreat.

Not sure about the action for Magda. Probably a move to get to what she wants and a move to pick it up.

Aldred's shortbow 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 21 I'm not sure if Aldred can see anyone to shoot at, but he'll go for anyone living if he can see them.
Damage 1d6 ⇒ 1 Ugh.
Acrobatics 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14
Move to S11

Now we have a problem. Fog can't realistically move through the slimed area except by crawling.
Crawling is a move action and you advance 5 ft. So it would take him about 5 rounds to get through the tunnel. We either cover the floor one square at a time or he crawls through.

Dark Archive

Wadi twirls his makeshift sling around, trying to maneuver into position where he can take a shot at the unknown speaker if (s)he tries to cast a spell....

Move behind Fog. Acrobatics 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

Unfortunately, he plants his foot awkwardly and splashes face down into the grease. Sputtering, he rises back to his feet.

Move action, stand up. Guess I am done now, he he.

Sovereign Court

Fey Sorcerer 8 | HP 52/55 | AC 15, Touch 13, Flat Footed 13 | CMD 14 | Fort: +7, Ref: +6, Will +8 | Init. +6 | Perception +2 | SM 0

We could always use the grease as a slip and slide. It'd get us in there quickly, but they'd certainly get a free attack on us...

Grand Lodge

Not likely to slide in a 50 foot curve.

Liberty's Edge

Male Dwarf HP: 23[23] AC: 23 Firebolt 7[7] +3 (1d6) Channel: 5[5] 1d6 Endure Elements

Knowledge Dungeoneering: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15 Is the grease just water, or is it flammable?

Sovereign Court

It is mostly slime, and water dripping down the sides of the tunnel; if you had to make an educated guess, water from a crack in the theatre cistern is probably leaking through from above; the tunnel, although functional, is not really up to Dwarven standards.

Area of Effect fire spells/effects could 'dry' the area of the blast, at least temporarily (long enough for this combat, at any rate), but would not clear the entire corridor.

Dark Archive

Wintergreen's CE PA IT Geek 10/Daddy 6/Physicist 3/Cartographer 1/Runner 1

I was thinking more, back up a bit, and light the stuff, and watch it burn through, that may get their attention ;) But not burnable for that it seems... Oh well.

Grand Lodge

Cultist is up.
Did Aldred hit anyone?

Sovereign Court

The cultist does something...

Round 2: Magda, Aldred, Wadi, Cultist, Fog, Alie, Zombie, Fel

Liberty's Edge

Male Dwarf HP: 23[23] AC: 23 Firebolt 7[7] +3 (1d6) Channel: 5[5] 1d6 Endure Elements

Fog looks about, and deciding to get this over with, starts to move forward. Not sure how far/fast Fog can move, but he will take the southern route and head in the right direction.

Grand Lodge

Requires an acrobatics check and you need to roll 18 or higher.

Liberty's Edge

Male Dwarf HP: 23[23] AC: 23 Firebolt 7[7] +3 (1d6) Channel: 5[5] 1d6 Endure Elements

Hmm, so natural 20 then yes?

Acrobatics: 1d20 - 6 ⇒ (5) - 6 = -1

Grand Lodge

You need to score a 10 but you have:
-1 dex (due to size penalty)
-7 ACP from armor.
So rolling a natural 18,19, or 20 will let you move half speed.

Dark Archive

Wintergreen's CE PA IT Geek 10/Daddy 6/Physicist 3/Cartographer 1/Runner 1

Gah, keep getting the armour penalty wrong, and forgetting the size mod.

Sovereign Court

Fey Sorcerer 8 | HP 52/55 | AC 15, Touch 13, Flat Footed 13 | CMD 14 | Fort: +7, Ref: +6, Will +8 | Init. +6 | Perception +2 | SM 0

Alie takes a deep breath then starts moving into the slippery tunnel.

Balance Acrobatics 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8

Sovereign Court

@Magda: Aldred did not have a bead on anyone in the other room, so he would not have taken the shot.

Fog steps forward, and then falls over, his armor getting the better of him.

Alie tries to move forward, but, stepping on a particularly slippery section, her feet slide out from under her, and she lands prone.

Once again, the voice echoes down the corridor, taunting the party.

"Come now, don't keep me waiting..."

Round 3: Magda, Aldred, Wadi, Cultist, Fog, Alie, Zombie, Fel

Dark Archive

Hmmm...I was thinking of having Wadi use his last Burning Hands spell to 'dry' the area of the corridor (well 15' of it anyway). Thoughts?

Grand Lodge

Magda grunts as she hurls an armload of costumes into the tunnel around Alie and rushes back for more.

MA: get to the tunnel mouth
Free: drop costumes
MA: return for more.

Sounds good to me. Maybe most valuable once the spread can wrap around the curve to maximize the number of dry squares.
If Fog grabs some plywood set piece or something he might be able to cover two or more squares at once since he is large.

Sovereign Court

Just to hand-wave this, because I don't want to spend a week of posts filling the corridor with costumes and planks, I am happy to say that you build a 'bridge' over the water, provided Wadi uses Burning Hands from W10 to clear the last section of the corridor; to give you an idea of what I am suggesting, I have coloured the corridor according to what I think you can clear.

My rationale is that certain people would be in no hurry to attack whilst you are noisily clearing the corridor out of view, but once you can be spotted, they *would* start to take pot-shots, so the 'flash dry' approach acts as a good compromise to explain how you can clear the last little bit.

Thoughts?

Grand Lodge

That sounds excellent to me.
How many rounds do you want to estimate?
Probably not a problem. Enlarge person & shield are good for 20 rounds.
Starting right after the burning hands in Init?

Sovereign Court

I would estimate that 8 rounds should cover it.

Starting right after the Burning Hands in initiative sounds reasonable to me.

Ignoring the taunts echoing down the corridor, the party does its best to cover the floor with stage props and old costumes, the worn cloth quickly soaking up the slime and making the passageway passable.

Fog in particular, with his vastly increased size, proves adept at hoisting the large scenery pieces around, which helps to speed the process.

Finally, when the end of the corridor comes into sight, Wadi sets off a cone of flame, which boils away the remaining water, clearing a path into the eerily-glowing room.

The chamber has smooth walls, covered in strange glyphs. At its centre stands a tall stone dais, in the middle of which is a huge boulder which, by all appearances, fell a great distance before crashing here. The boulder is the source of the leprous green light which floods the chamber, its brightness pulsing in a slow rhythm, not unlike a giant, beating heart.

By way of retort to Wadi's attack, a human male with dirty black hair, wearing a chain shirt and wielding a short bow, steps around the corner, and takes a shot at Wadi!

Shortbow: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3, for 1d6 ⇒ 4.

...the arrow missing by a mile as the Chelish sorceror ducks against the wall.

Atop the dias, stroking the stone protectively, stands another Taldan male, with blonde hair and cruel green eyes, dressed in half-plate. He sneers at the display of arcane magic.

"Well, it was about time! I was worried my new pets would get to you before you found me! Now, my first pet will have a chance to feed..."

With that, he pushes the flesh of his hand more firmly against the stone, caressing it like a lover. In response, a withered zombie, leaking leprous green pus from every orifice, staggers to its feet from atop the stone, and thuds to the ground, its diseased fingers reaching in Wadi's direction...

Round 11: Magda, Aldred, Wadi, Cultist, Fog, Alie, Zombie, Fel

Let's get this started! :-)

Liberty's Edge

Male Dwarf HP: 23[23] AC: 23 Firebolt 7[7] +3 (1d6) Channel: 5[5] 1d6 Endure Elements

Map We seem to have Wadi in two places on the map!

While his allies move out of the tunnel (and out of his way) Fog casts a bolt of flame at the zombie.

Atk: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8 Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 1

Sovereign Court

One of the W's is actually W3 ;-)

Fog tosses a flaming bolt at the zombie, but the confines of the tunnel hamper his giant form, and the bolt of flame slams into the ground near its feet, instead...

Sovereign Court

Fey Sorcerer 8 | HP 52/55 | AC 15, Touch 13, Flat Footed 13 | CMD 14 | Fort: +7, Ref: +6, Will +8 | Init. +6 | Perception +2 | SM 0

Alie starts casting Sleep on the enemy with the short bow.

Sovereign Court

The zombie rushes forward, and takes a swing at Wadi...

Zombie: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 19, for 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9 damage.

...smashing into him with a sickening crunch.

The priest in plate armor grins, and shouts:

"The power of Zyphus compels you!"

Fog, give me a Will save :-P

Round 12: Magda, Aldred, Wadi, Cultist, Fog, Alie, Zombie, Fel

Liberty's Edge

Male Dwarf HP: 23[23] AC: 23 Firebolt 7[7] +3 (1d6) Channel: 5[5] 1d6 Endure Elements

Will: 1d20 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 6 + 2 = 16

Getting infuriated that he still can't get out of this cramped tunnel, and start hitting the fool nobel in front of him, Fog throws another bolt of fire at the zombie.

Atk: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 23 Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 2
Crit?: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 15 Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 5

Edit, included the +2

Grand Lodge

+2 from ward

Sovereign Court

Fog shakes-off the nightmares that descended upon him from the priest's spell, relying on his faith in the Dawnflower to sustain him!

@Fog: Why are you +3 to hit with the Firebolt? You should be +1 normally (from Bab) + 0 from Dex = +1 total; whilst enlarged, you take a -1 size penalty to attack rolls, and a -2 to Dexterity, netting you another -1 to ranged attack rolls, for a total of -1 to hit...? Then there is the -4 penalty for shooting into combat, for a total of -5...

I would be happy to let you ret-con that action, especially since, with the reach granted to you by being large, you can actually take a swing at the zombie with your weapon... or you can have thrown the fire-bolt at the warrior instead ;-)

Dark Archive

Regardless of what Fog does here, Wadi knows he needs his help. He tries to distract the zombie as best he can.

Aid Another Fog +2 to hit Zombie. 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9

Liberty's Edge

Male Dwarf HP: 23[23] AC: 23 Firebolt 7[7] +3 (1d6) Channel: 5[5] 1d6 Endure Elements
Luke_Parry wrote:

@Fog: Why are you +3 to hit with the Firebolt? You should be +1 normally (from Bab) + 0 from Dex = +1 total; whilst enlarged, you take a -1 size penalty to attack rolls, and a -2 to Dexterity, netting you another -1 to ranged attack rolls, for a total of -1 to hit...? Then there is the -4 penalty for shooting into combat, for a total of -5...

Off the top of my head, I'm not sure, I'll have a look....

Sovereign Court

Fog, could you please confirm your action? I realise that it may change, depending on what Magda/Aldred do, but it would be nice to know :-)

Round 12: Magda, Aldred, Wadi, Cultist, Fog, Alie, Zombie, Fel

1,601 to 1,650 of 3,069 << first < prev | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Ith's PFS pbp All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.