Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

RPG Superstar 2015

Ith's PFS pbp

Game Master ithuriel


1,451 to 1,500 of 3,069 << first < prev | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | next > last >>
Sovereign Court

Fey Sorcerer 8 | HP 52/55 | AC 15, Touch 13, Flat Footed 13 | CMD 14 | Fort: +7, Ref: +6, Will +8 | Init. +6 | Perception +2 | SM 0

"Thank you for the healing and the protection spell, Magda. Hopefully we don't need it anymore today, but after what just happened, I doubt it."

Liberty's Edge

Male Dwarf HP: 23[23] AC: 23 Firebolt 7[7] +3 (1d6) Channel: 5[5] 1d6 Endure Elements

Fog will definitely the the armour and pick. Not having a weapon was a real killer then.

Not sure if you meant "Fog make another roll" or "others can make a roll if they wish" so I'll put this here...Know (Religeon): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6 Fog must have taken a blow to the head :)

Sovereign Court

Wadi:
There are literally dozens of corpses that were once Taldan nobles in the main auditorium, so that should not be a problem :-P

Everyone can make Knowledge(Religion) rolls, now that you have the opportunity to inspect the cleric's holy symbol more closely.

Dark Archive

DM:
OK then he will leave the letter on one of them. Here is a Sleight of Hand roll, if needed: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 1 = 10

Knowledge Religion (untrained) 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3

Wadi shrugs at the symbol. Apparently he was playing hooky that day in class, he he.

Grand Lodge

Kn Religion (untrained) 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21 = 10
Aldred Kn Religion (bard style) 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15

Sovereign Court

Fey Sorcerer 8 | HP 52/55 | AC 15, Touch 13, Flat Footed 13 | CMD 14 | Fort: +7, Ref: +6, Will +8 | Init. +6 | Perception +2 | SM 0

Kn. Religion untrained 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4

Sovereign Court

Sorry for the delayed reply... Things have been a tad hectic.

The gathers around, passing the dead cleric's holy symbol from hand to hand, but despite a fair amount of scrutiny, none of you are able to identify the deity it is sacred to.

Taking the time to equip Fog with the other cleric's armor and weapon, Magda is able to heal-up the party's various wounds, and you are ready to continue exploring the theatre, when...

...screams of panic suddenly echo from the bar area!

"No! Please! Don't, I beg of you"

There is then a series of sickening, wet thuds, followed by cruel laughter.

An elderly Taldan male, dressed in a severe black dress uniform, and wearing the Seal of a Consul around his neck on a thick, gold chain, rushes through the door from the bar, moving with surprising alacrity for someone of such advanced years.

He skids to a halt, nearly falling over, when he spies the party, before quickly ducking behind you.

"I am Magistros Sebastus Hustavan, the Emperor’s consul for the fourth district of Oppara Prefecture, and I command you to protect me! They are in the bar, pithing the others like so many olives!"

Initiative:
Alie: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 17
Magda: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4
Aldred: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9
Wadi: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 1 = 17
Fog: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (14) + 0 = 14
DQ: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (14) + 0 = 14
W: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (7) + 0 = 7

Fog 1d20 ⇒ 7, DQ 1d20 ⇒ 13

Initiative Order:

Alie (17)
Wadi (17)
DQ (14+)
Fog (14-)
Aldred (9)
W (7)
Magda (4)

Liberty's Edge

Male Dwarf HP: 23[23] AC: 23 Firebolt 7[7] +3 (1d6) Channel: 5[5] 1d6 Endure Elements

Fog lumbers forward getting the feel for the new armour, and the pick.

Sovereign Court

Fey Sorcerer 8 | HP 52/55 | AC 15, Touch 13, Flat Footed 13 | CMD 14 | Fort: +7, Ref: +6, Will +8 | Init. +6 | Perception +2 | SM 0

Alie moves forward, being much more careful than she was last time, not wanting to get taken by surprise again.

Dark Archive

Wadi gives the Taldan a llok of disdain as he shows his noble traits. Too bad the zombies didn't get to him...

He advances behind Fog, dagger out and ready for trouble.

Sovereign Court

Hustling into the bar area, a chilling tableaux greets you: On the marble floor lie the entwined bodies of multiple combatants. The hands of noble corpses grip daggers, makeshift clubs, and even a gem-encrusted rapier. Mixed in are the twice-dead bodies of zombies, their gray skin fetid
and rotting.

The piles of the dead are particularly thick against the door to the outside world, with another cluster around the bar - the dark wood having provided only a transient barrier to the merciless undead.

However, the ultimate demise of the last few defenders appears to have brought about by a small coterie of warriors, led by a female with flaming red hair, and all dressed alike in chainmail, who wield picks, with which they are systematically perforate the skulls of all of the fallen nobles.

As the party spills into the room, the woman looks up, and grins.

"Well well, what have we here? More grist for the mill! The Harvestman will be pleased..."

She then swallows a potion, causing her muscles to bulge, and prepares to charge!

From the top of the order, if you please :-)

Liberty's Edge

Male Dwarf HP: 23[23] AC: 23 Firebolt 7[7] +3 (1d6) Channel: 5[5] 1d6 Endure Elements

Fog will plant himself to take the charge, hefting the pick.

"I took this from the last mad woman to try to kill us. Looks like I'm going to be making a collection!"

Sovereign Court

Fey Sorcerer 8 | HP 52/55 | AC 15, Touch 13, Flat Footed 13 | CMD 14 | Fort: +7, Ref: +6, Will +8 | Init. +6 | Perception +2 | SM 0

Alie begans casting her sleep spell, focusing on as many of the living attackers as she can get within the burst of her spell.

Dark Archive

Wadi steps to one side so as to avoid catching the other party members in its effect. Once the woman approaches within range, he casts his spell and a sheet of flame erupts to engulf her!.

Cast Burning Hands damage 2d4 ⇒ (2, 3) = 5 fire, Reflex DC 14 half.

Sovereign Court

Reflex: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (7) + 0 = 7.

The red-headed woman charges towards Fog, Wadi's flames engulfing her, but failing to bring her down!

Moving to AD 34.

She then takes a mighty swing...

MW Heavy Pick: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24, for 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8 damage.

...which narrowly misses Fog's head, slamming into his shoulder instead.

Fog and Aldred are up.

Grand Lodge

Magda shifts over behind Fog tracing the sihedron over her heart and reaches out to ward Fog from further harm.

Move to AF 32, behind Fog. Wand of CLW is in hand.
Restore his ward. AC back to 19, +2 saves.

Map Link

I'm going to lower her AC this time instead of focusing on her saves. Coming up next unless emergency healing takes priority.

EDIT: just realized the other guys are going to go before me. This action remains the plan unless the minions force a change so that I need to heal instead.

Grand Lodge

Aldred slips around to circle behind the woman while singing a crusader's song from the Church of the Dawnflower for Fog's benefit.

Fog grunts when the pick punctures his shoulder and steps back swinging his own pick in a counterattack fueled by fury at the room of dead bodies and this infidel worshiper of some lesser god standing over them proud of herself.

From his post I think Fog has declared a readied action to intercept the charge with a counterstrike, but she beat him in init so it would be just a regular attack. So let's delay him to take advantage of inspire courage and flank
Fog's MW Heavy Pick 1d20 + 4 + 1 - 1 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 4 + 1 - 1 + 2 = 17 power attack, two handed, inspire courage, flank
Damage 1d6 + 3 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 3 + 3 + 1 = 8
She has -2 AC from the charge so that should do it (assuming that was mechanically a charge and not just descriptive). It was a gamble for significant damage increase.

Aldred:
Inspire courage
Move to set up a flank with Fog @ AC 35.

Liberty's Edge

Male Dwarf HP: 23[23] AC: 23 Firebolt 7[7] +3 (1d6) Channel: 5[5] 1d6 Endure Elements

I was sure I posted Fog's attack. I must have hit preview, but not submit! That option is most likely a much better one though Ith, thanks! :)

Grand Lodge

Sorry man. I thought you must have been tied up for the moment.
But other than minimum damage that was a pretty solid hit. Between that and the fire I bet she's wobbling if she's still standing.

Dark Archive

Wintergreen's CE PA IT Geek 10/Daddy 6/Physicist 3/Cartographer 1/Runner 1

lol, my post was more an apology for holding things up by being a numpty! besides, I think you got a better hit value than I did ;)

Sovereign Court

Fog, canny warrior that he is, delays until Aldred is able to move into position, distracting the red-head long enough for him to deliver a vicious blow to her torso, causing her to blanch, groan, and sway for a moment, before she shakes her head, and glares at Fog with hate-filled eyes.

The two remaining warriors snarl, and move up to flank Aldred, delivering vicious swings of their own!

W1 to AB34, W2 to AD36.

W1, MW Heavy Pick: 1d20 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 + 2 = 23, for 1d6 ⇒ 4 damage.

W2, MW Heavy Pick: 1d20 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 + 2 = 12, for 1d6 ⇒ 3 damage.

Everyone else is now up :-)

Grand Lodge

Aldred is immune to Alie's sleep as a half-elf so Alie can include him and hit all three of them. Let's see how well that lands since it will go off just before any actions for this round.

Sovereign Court

Fey Sorcerer 8 | HP 52/55 | AC 15, Touch 13, Flat Footed 13 | CMD 14 | Fort: +7, Ref: +6, Will +8 | Init. +6 | Perception +2 | SM 0

Thst was my plan, ith...hopefully it works.

Alie concludes her spell, including both the half elf and his dual attackers surrounding him.

Will DC 18

Sovereign Court

Alie finishes casting her spell, causing all three of the warriors to yawn...

Will (W1): 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (18) + 0 = 18.
Will (W2): 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (6) + 0 = 6.
Will (D): 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (19) + 0 = 19.

...but incredibly, only one collapses, snoring on the floor.

Sovereign Court

Fey Sorcerer 8 | HP 52/55 | AC 15, Touch 13, Flat Footed 13 | CMD 14 | Fort: +7, Ref: +6, Will +8 | Init. +6 | Perception +2 | SM 0

Dammit!

Sovereign Court

Hey, those 3 point buy warrior 1's and 2's are tenacious ;-)

Alie is still up...

Initiative Order:
Alie (17)
Wadi (17)
DQ (14+)
Fog (14-)
Aldred (9)
W (7)
Magda (4)

Dark Archive

Wadi grimaces as the female resists the effect of the enchantment. Let's see if she can resist THIS!

Elemental Ray 1d20 + 2 - 4 ⇒ (19) + 2 - 4 = 17 ranged touch on D 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6 fire 6/day, 5 used)

Sovereign Court

Wreathed in flames, the woman goes down...

Sovereign Court

Fey Sorcerer 8 | HP 52/55 | AC 15, Touch 13, Flat Footed 13 | CMD 14 | Fort: +7, Ref: +6, Will +8 | Init. +6 | Perception +2 | SM 0

Alie casts Daze at the remaining warrior hoping his luck would not continue to hold.

Will DC 17

Grand Lodge

Aldred feints like he is going to stab at the last cultist standing, then breaks around behind him before he can react.

Acrobatics 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 2 = 19 (to avoid AoO) move to AA35
Aid Another on Fog's attack 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15

Fog's attack gets:
+1 inspire courage
+2 flanking
+2 aid another
+2 charge if you want it

Sovereign Court

Will: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (13) + 0 = 13

Reeling from the effects of Alie's spell, the only conscious warrior sways in place...

Waiting on Fog's action...?

Liberty's Edge

Male Dwarf HP: 23[23] AC: 23 Firebolt 7[7] +3 (1d6) Channel: 5[5] 1d6 Endure Elements

Sorry, haddn't realised we'd gotten to the next round!

Fog jumps forward with the pick Atk: 1d20 + 1 + 2 + 2 + 2 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 1 + 2 + 2 + 2 + 4 = 24 (Inspire, flanking, aid, charge, and wielding two handed) Dmg: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8

Grand Lodge

+1 damage for 9 total.
+3 accounts for a +2 strength two handed but you also have inspire courage.

Grand Lodge

If he is still standing, Evil Eye to lower his attack rolls by -2. Will DC 15 (mind affecting). Fail = 7 rounds. Pass = 1 round.

If he is down, grab the woman's pick and prepare to coup de grace.

Sovereign Court

Sorry about the unexplained absence, guys; let's get things moving again :-)

Fog steps forward, and with a mighty swing, downs the single remaining warrior with a single blow!

Magda then steps forward, retrieves the fallen woman's pick, and then systematically crushes the fallen warriors' skulls like so many ripe melons.

As the sound of combar ceases,

The elderly Consul pokes his head back in through the door.

"Ah! I see that you were able to despatch those foul fiends! Your service to the Empire will not go unrecognised!"

He then clears his throat.

"Perhaps you could find some way to get out of this building? Until that happens, I hereby deputise you to be my bodyguards; you should be honored - it is not every day that a bunch of adventurers is allowed to guard a Taldan official of such high office..."

As the Consul speaks, the body pile behind the bar begins to move, and a half-dozen bruised, battered, and blood-stained nobles crawl forth, looking more shocked by the fact that they have survived, than anything else.

Perception checks if you wish to search the bodies, please :-)

Dark Archive

Wadi grimaces as the Taldan noble announces his latest 'promotion'.

What a pompous, arrogant fool he is. Taldan nobles are a dime a dozen. Still he may know something of where these cultists came from...

Standing over the corpses of the warriors, he replies in a neutral voice, "We are honored by your ennoblement. Now, if you overheard anything these cultists said, it might give us a clue on how to get out of here."

Perception 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 1 = 16

Sovereign Court

Hustavan does his best to smooth down his ruffled robes, and comb his hair, as he stretches to his full height, and preens.

"Indeed you should be. I am afraid that I do not know much; I was concentrating more on preserving my life - it would be unfair to the Empire if I allowed myself to be killed."

He pauses thoughtfully for a few moments, before continuing.

"The red-head did mention something about a fellow named 'Bustrani' being downstairs with the Stone, though..."

A search of the bodies turns up:
MW Heavy pick x3.
Heavy Steel Shield x3.
Chain Shirt x3.
Short Bow x3.
60 Arrows.
A Potion.

Wadi:
You also find a note, carefully folded, and placed inside the red-head's belt pouch:

Loyalists of the Grim Harvestman, our time has come!

My plan to recover the stone, blessed by our beloved Harbinger of Unexpected Tragedy Himself, has succeeded beyond my wildest hopes. The fool Pathfinder I convinced to journey here has fed the strength of our Lord by encountering an unexpected tragedy of his own. His hard work for Grim was not in vain! Come to me at once, at the appointed hour and place, and we shall lay out a bounty before mighty Zyphus that He won’t soon forget. When Pharasma, hated cretin, lies slain in the bowels of hell and our mighty harbinger rules the afterlife, He will reward His faithful few with everlasting life and power of unspeakable might! Come to me, brothers and sisters, come to me!

Fel

Sovereign Court

Fey Sorcerer 8 | HP 52/55 | AC 15, Touch 13, Flat Footed 13 | CMD 14 | Fort: +7, Ref: +6, Will +8 | Init. +6 | Perception +2 | SM 0

"Of course we are honored to guard you, Hustavan. Now, unless you can think of anything else you heard, I'd advise you to duck and cover just a bit longer while we go look for this Bustrani!"

Sovereign Court

After Alie's outburst, Hustavan deflates slightly, and swallows hard.

"I-I would rather not; there might be more of them... How about I just follow along behind...?"

He then straightens his shoulders.

"I don't think anywhere in here is truly safe at present; you lot would seem to offer me the best chance of survival..."

Dark Archive

Wadi pulls the other Pathfinders aside from the nobleman and shows them the content of the letter he discovered. Reveal contents of spoiler. "It sounds like that woman was the contact Bodriggan Wuthers was working with. We must be getting close!"

Sovereign Court

Fey Sorcerer 8 | HP 52/55 | AC 15, Touch 13, Flat Footed 13 | CMD 14 | Fort: +7, Ref: +6, Will +8 | Init. +6 | Perception +2 | SM 0

"You are free to follow us, just be very careful. We will do our very best to keep you and all of us safe! Stick close to me then," Alie explains to the nobleman. She had not been oblivious to the sneers from her friends at the noble's demeanor. If he was with her, the rest would be less troubled about keeping him safe. She could cast her spells from a distance, and watch out for him.

Sovereign Court

The Consul looks at each of the party in turn, a series of warring emotions playing over his face, before he nods agreement.

"I agree to those terms."

Where to now?

Dark Archive

Wadi hands the potion to Magda, "Can you tell what this potion does?". Once she takes it he turns to the others, "What we are looking for is below us without a doubt. We need to find a way below the theatre." He gestures to the backstage area, "May as well start our search there."

Liberty's Edge

Male Dwarf HP: 23[23] AC: 23 Firebolt 7[7] +3 (1d6) Channel: 5[5] 1d6 Endure Elements

Fog looks at Wadi, "I agree, it's as good a place as any." turning to the consul, he plants the handle of the pick firmly on the floor, and leans on it. "Anything attacks us, you stay back. Don't go running off though, we wont be coming looking for you. I have some small powers of healing, but I've exhausted most of them in that last fight." with that, he turns and stomps off after Wadi.

Sovereign Court

Exiting the westerly door from the bar, Wadi and Fog, with the rest of the party hurrying along behind them, enter into a gaudy, marbled hallway with finely carved pillars, the white floor split by a deep violet carpet.

Knowledge(Nobility) DC 10:
This is the entrance to the theatre normally reserved for royalty, and favored members of the court.

However, the effect is rather ruined by the most recent additions to the decor: Various parts of a score or so corpses, along with several horifically mangled, but otherwise whole, bodies, lie strewn about the floor. Blood and gore stain everything, making the floor slick and filling the room with a metallic aroma. Bodies lie askew, mouths hanging open in silent screams, faces contorted in fear.

Perception checks:
Alie: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18
Wadi: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4
Fog: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 13
Magda: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (14) + 0 = 14
Aldred: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (6) + 8 = 14

Alie Saechel:
Out of the corner of your eye, you swear that you see one of the bodies twitch...

You may act in the surprise round.

Initiative:
Zombies: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (14) + 0 = 14
Alie: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15
Wadi: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 1 = 20
Fog: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (1) + 0 = 1
Magda: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 23
Aldred: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15

Initiative, Surprise Round: Magda, Wadi, Alie, Aldred, Zombies, Fog

Four of the bodies begin to twitch and moan - an elderly man, his throat torn out, and his eyes bulging; a matronly woman dressed in a soiled black satin gown; a young blonde-haired belle, her lips blue, and cheeks sunken; and a foppish young man with mutton-chops and a broad, handle-bar moustache...

...as they stagger to their feet, you cannot help but notice that they are former audience members; the bite marks of the zombie horde being all too evident all over their bodies... marks which weep a pale green, slightly phosphorescent, pus.

Only Alie may act in the surprise round.

Sovereign Court

Fey Sorcerer 8 | HP 52/55 | AC 15, Touch 13, Flat Footed 13 | CMD 14 | Fort: +7, Ref: +6, Will +8 | Init. +6 | Perception +2 | SM 0

"Get behind me," Alie yells at the nobleman, thinking of any spells she knew that might effect the undead.

Ranged Touch for Disrupt Undead 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5
Damage 1d6 ⇒ 6

Sovereign Court

Startled by the undead, Alie's shot goes wide, striking Wadi in the back of his head! Fortunately, the raw energy of life causes no harm to the young sorceror.

Meanwhile, the zombies stagger to their feet, reaching eagerly for the living flesh that is oh so near at hand...

map

Round 1: Magda, Wadi, Alie, Aldred, Zombies, Fog

Dark Archive

Wadi winces as the energy ray impacts his head without noticeable effect. Just how many of these zombies are there?

He steps back so as to catch the two closest zombies with his spell and lets fly a burning sheet of flame.

5' step to W37
Cast Burning Hands at Z7 and Z9 damage 2d4 ⇒ (2, 4) = 6 Reflex DC 14 for half

Sovereign Court

Fey Sorcerer 8 | HP 52/55 | AC 15, Touch 13, Flat Footed 13 | CMD 14 | Fort: +7, Ref: +6, Will +8 | Init. +6 | Perception +2 | SM 0

"Sorry, Wadi....my bad," Alie nervously laughs. When they got of of this trouble, she and he would be sure to share a laugh at that one.

She fires off another bolt at the undead.

Ranged Touch 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 22
Damage 1d6 ⇒ 1

Liberty's Edge

Male Dwarf HP: 23[23] AC: 23 Firebolt 7[7] +3 (1d6) Channel: 5[5] 1d6 Endure Elements

Once the others have fired off their magic, Fog steps forward, and swings the pick. "These damned things just wont stay dead!"

Atk: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5 DMG: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9

For the love of Sarenrae! Urgh....

1,451 to 1,500 of 3,069 << first < prev | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Ith's PFS pbp All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.