Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

Ith's PFS pbp

Game Master ithuriel


1,401 to 1,450 of 3,069 << first < prev | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | next > last >>
Taldor

Fey Sorcerer 8 | HP 55/55 | AC 15, Touch 13, Flat Footed 13 | CMD 14 | Fort: +7, Ref: +6, Will +8 | Init. +6 | Perception +2 | SM 0

Attempt to stabilize 1d20 + 2 - 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 - 2 = 16

Osirion

Aldred?

Grand Lodge

Aldred - Will: 1d20 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 4 + 1 = 24 Whoo hoo!
Aldred completes sleep as his turn comes up.
Will DC 14 with a -2 from lullaby and -2 from evil eye.
Let's see how effective that ends up before he decides what to do with this turn.

Osirion

Wadi concentrates, and sends forth a blast of flame, which pours over one of the zombies, and the cleric behind it, who shrieks in pain!

Reflex (Zombie): 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (12) + 0 = 12.
Reflex (Cleric): 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (13) - 1 = 12.

The blast leaves both badly scorched, but neither falls...

Magda steps back, but continues to cackle, leaving the Cleric a tad off-balance. At the same time, Magda whispers a prayer, and sends forth her familiar, surrounded in a halo of golden light, which transfers at a touch of its whiskers to Fog, causing him to breathe easier, but failing to wake him...

Aldred finally finishes casting his spell, causing the injured cleric to yawn...

Will: 1d20 + 4 - 2 - 2 ⇒ (14) + 4 - 2 - 2 = 14.

...but the pain from her burn injuries is just enough to keep her from falling to sleep.

Aldred is still up...

Grand Lodge

Aldred:
SA: hideous laughter vs woman. -2 save from evil eye. Will DC 14
Free: maintain inspire courage.
MA: stay put?

Osirion

Aldred casts a spell, throwing a small tart at the cleric...

Will (Cleric): 1d20 + 4 - 2 ⇒ (4) + 4 - 2 = 6.

...who proceeds to smirk, then to laugh, before falling to the ground guffawing.

The zombies, however, are undeterred, and move forward, reaching for Wadi...

Zombie #5 (moving to AA25), Slam: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12, for 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9 damage.

The first one's blow knocks the Chelish sorceror out cold, so the other continues to trundle forward, moving up to Aldred (Y26).

No attack, as it could not charge.

Alie is stable, so Wadi, Magda, and Aldred are up.

Cheliax

Wadi collapses again from the blows he received from the zombies.

Luke: Zombie #5 reduces Wadi to -2 hp. Now if Zombie #6 hits after #5 then he would also hit Wadi (since his AC dropped to below 10), reducing his hp to -7. If that is not the case, then zombie #6 missed. The only effect this really has is with the stabilization roll to increase the DC.
Stabilize roll DC 10 or 15: 1d20 + 2 - 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 - 2 = 19
Fortunately, he is stable...he he

Osirion

Noted :-/ I have edited the post above to reflect what would have happened, instead.

Grand Lodge

The situation keeps going from bad to worse...

Magda calls on her spiritual guardians and thrusts one hand out at the zombie's chest. Golden light begins pouring from its mouth and eyes and spreading like cracks along its body.

Healing hex turns out to be supernatural rather than spell like so this won't provoke...
Touch 1d20 + 0 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 0 + 1 = 18 (with inspire)
CLW 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9 (possibly +1 from inspire since it is being used as an attack causing hp damage that required a roll to hit)
MA: Cackle to extend evil eye on the woman's second chance save
I think that is going to drop Z5 so I'll 5' into its square.

Grand Lodge

Aldred continues his hymn, though as he looks around it is starting to sound more like a dirge. The bard lashes out with his dagger at the zombie, but when it lunges to try to bite his arm he quickly pulls back.

I gather Moth is still busy, so...
Aldred:
Maintain Inspire Courage
Dagger 1d20 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 2 + 1 = 10
5' to X26 setting Magda up for a 5' flank next round.

Osirion

Inspire Courage specifies that the damage bonus is only on *weapon* damage rolls, unfortunately :-/

Calling on her spiritual guardians, Magda thrusts a glowing fist at the zombie closest to her.

Will(Zombie): 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 14 Vs DC 15.

Light pours out of its eyes, ears, mouth and nose; it begins shaking uncontrollably, and then falls to the ground, inert.

Nodding in satisfaction, Magda steps over the monster's corpse, preparing to strike at the sole remaining zombie.

You can actually set up a flanking position w/o provoking this round, by moving Magda to Z27, and then having Aldred to X25.

This is distraction enough to allow Aldred to slash viciously at the zombie!

Dagger damage: 1d4 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 + 1 = 4.

Will (Cleric): 1d20 + 4 - 2 ⇒ (8) + 4 - 2 = 10.

The cleric continues to roll around on the ground, laughing uproarously, whilst the sole remaining zombie takes a half-hearted swing at Aldred...

Zombie #6, Slam: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7, for 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5.

...but without its mistress' guidance, it misses horribly.

Magda and Aldred are up. This should be over fairly soon, and we can get the rest of you up!

Grand Lodge

A quick dice only post before sleep-

Magda:
Touch 1d20 + 0 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 0 + 1 + 2 = 13
CLW 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3 Will DC 14 for 1/2

Aldred:
Dagger 1d20 + 2 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 + 1 + 2 = 18
Damage 1d4 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 + 1 = 3

Some pretty sorry damage rolling there.
Also, sadly hideous laughter only has a during of 2 rounds at this point for Aldred.

Osirion

@Magda: The DC to resist your hexes is equal to 10 + 1/2 the witch’s level + the witch’s Intelligence modifier, so that makes it DC 15 :-)

Magda and Aldred double-tap the zombie...

Will: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 13.

...Magda's spiritual support weakening it enough, that Aldred is able to jab his dagger into its eye-socket! It jerks spasmodically for a few seconds, before falling to the ground.

Almost simultaneously, the Taldan Cleric staggers to her feet, with murder in her eyes.

"Nooo! My beautiful zombies! You will pay for that! I will see to it that Fel Bustrani turns you into my new pets!"

She then stoops to retrieve her heavy pick, moves adjacent to Alie (5' step to AD27) and starts swinging it from hand to hand...

Magda and Aldred are up.

Grand Lodge

Magda turns to face the cleric and drops both arms to her sides fingers spread like claws and leans into a rage filled scream that no one but the woman can hear.

MA cackle to extend evil eye, -2 saves
Ear Piercing Scream
Sonic damage 1d6 ⇒ 1 + dazed
Fort DC 15 for half damage and no daze

Osirion

Magda screams a scream that only the Cleric can hear...

Fort: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 = 23.

Aldred is up.

Cheliax

Wintergreen's CE PA IT Geek 10/Daddy 6/Physicist 3/Cartographer 1/Runner 1

Just a head's up. I'm away from my computer from this evening, through to Wednesday Morning. Nice long weekend here in the UK :)

Grand Lodge

Aldred with his dagger held out ahead of him. The bard circles the woman cautiously waiting for an opportunity to get inside the reach of that heavy pick. Other than an opening feint to test her defense the opportunity does not present itself.

Aldred:
Maintain Inspire
Move to AD 26
Dagger 1d20 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 2 + 1 = 12

Grand Lodge

Kn Local 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16 Fel Bustrani, zombie creator extraordinare... has he made enough of an impression to be known?

Osirion

Try as she might, Magda cannnot recall anything regarding a 'Fel Bustrani'...

The woman narrows her eyes, and takes a swing at Aldred with her pick...

MW Heavy Pick: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7, for 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5.

...fortunately for Aldred, her burn injuries interfere with her concentration, and the swing goes wide!

Magda and Aldred are up.

Grand Lodge

Magda hikes her dress to draw the other wand and kneels down tapping Wadi as it activates. "You are not finished yet sorcerer. We need your flames."

MA: retrieve wand
CLW 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

Meanwhile Aldred continues testing the woman's defenses while edging around her and buying time.

5' step to AE 27
Fighting Defensively 1d20 + 2 + 1 - 4 ⇒ (8) + 2 + 1 - 4 = 7
AC 19

Osirion

Wadi's eyes flutter open under Magda's ministrations.

The cleric dodges out of the way of Aldred's defensive stab, and follows-up with one of her own!

MW Heavy Pick: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9, for 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5 damage.

Wadi, Magda, and Aldred are up.

Grand Lodge

"Ela re cleric. Your god is not done with you yet. Do not go into the light!"

"Wadi! Aldred needs help. Do not get close to her! I will heal your wounds as soon as I can."

CLW 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5 I think that gets him to -3.
48 charges remaining

Gerald- Since I can't get Alie safely up yet you should take Aldred for now. I should have thought of that earlier, but better late than never. I'll have Fog up by next round and one of us can run him till Wed. I was thinking he could keep her occupied while fighting defensively or total defense and we get enough ranged touch attackers back up to finish her off.


Aldred continues to fight defensively, trying to occupy the evil cleric, while his friends tend to their wounds.

Dagger fighting defensively 1d20 + 2 + 1 - 4 ⇒ (1) + 2 + 1 - 4 = 0
AC 19

Cheliax

Wadi staggers to his feet grabbing the potion bottle which fell at his feet earlier. Sighing at the carnage around him, he concentrates his elemental flames and sends then arcing into the priestess!

Move: Stand up; grab potion of CLW
Stand: Elemental Ray ranged touch 1d20 + 2 + 1 - 4 ⇒ (3) + 2 + 1 - 4 = 2 inspire, melee
Damage 1d6 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 + 1 = 8

Osirion

Her facial expression vascillating between overwhelming hate, and alarm at the fact that so many of the party are once again getting to their feet, the Cleric steps away from Aldred (5' step to AC28), and casts a spell!

Sickly yellow light washes over her, causing her to grimace, momentarily in pain.

CLW: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6.

However, when the light fades, her burn injuries are almost completely healed, leaving her with a sight ruddiness to her skin.

She then glares at Aldred.

"Come at me now, if you dare!"

Wadi, Magda and Aldred are up.

Cheliax

Wadi grimaces in pain and wonders just how the three of them would be able to take down the well-armored cleric. In the meantime he down his healing potion and then draws his dagger once again.

Stand: Drink potion CLW 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5
Move: draw dagger.

Grand Lodge

"Come on dwarf! Get up!" Magda looks around for anything that might fill in as a makeshift weapon while she works.

CLW 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2 Aww hell. He's at -1.
47 charges
Looking for any real or improvised weapon that might let her threaten so as to flank.


I can't find the map, but I think Aldred can 5' step and threaten the cleric. I'll make that assumption.

Aldred continues to try to distract their opponent hoping for some help quickly.

Attack full defense 1d20 + 2 + 1 - 4 ⇒ (4) + 2 + 1 - 4 = 3

If you can get to Alie, she can try to sleep the cleric, or at the least daze her, if someone could get her standing again.

Osirion

map

The cleric sneers at Aldred, and smacks him with her pick!

MW Heavy Pick: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 20, for 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6 damage.

Wadi, Magda, and Aldred are up.

Cheliax

Wadi winces at the blow taken by Aldred. Gotta help him out here. he then fires another ray at the priestess.

Elemental Ray ranged touch 1d20 + 2 + 1 - 4 ⇒ (16) + 2 + 1 - 4 = 15 inspire, melee
Damage 1d6 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 + 1 = 4 inspire

Osirion

The Cleric screeches in pain as another bolt of fire slams into her, scorching skin and hair. She then turns hate-filled eyes upon Wadi...

Magda and Aldred are up.

Grand Lodge

Magda is getting frustrated at this point and practically thwaks Fog across the face with the wand. When his eyes begin to flutter she shouts, "UP! NOW!" and leaves him running over to help Alded.

CLW 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3 for Fog puts him on 2 hps
46 charges
Move to AE27

Alie is still in a tough spot to revive. I could heal her a little, but if she casts anything while threatened it will require defensive casting or provoke and either way makes her an active and extremely easy to hit target on low hps. Otherwise I would have gone for her first since she has the spells to shut this encounter down. If you want to chance it I'll hit Alie next.


Nah, its your call. I just wanted to point out that Alie could really help here, if we could get her up.

Aldred keeps attacking/distracting the cleric. We're almost back at full strength now. Surrender, and there might be some mercy in it for you, he teases.

Attack 1d20 + 2 + 1 - 4 ⇒ (1) + 2 + 1 - 4 = 0

AC 19

Osirion

The woman scoffs.

"Here is what I think of your ultimatum!"

She then steps up to the poor, prone Fog, and takes a swing...

MW Heavy Pick: 1d20 + 3 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 3 + 4 = 14, for 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4.

...sending him back into unconsciousness.

Sorry about that, but I am trying to justify *not* just 5' stepping and performing a coup-de-grace on Alie...

Wadi, Magda, and Aldred are up.

Cheliax

Wadi grimaces in frustration, knowing the priestess would be difficult to bring down. Still he sees his opportunity to strike...as he moves to striking position, his dagger glows an eerie shade of red, again demonstrating his infernal ties.

Move: Move to AB29
Swift: activate Fires of Hell ability. (You can summon fire, imbuing a single weapon you hold with a nimbus of fire that deals an extra 1 point of fire damage for 3 rounds.)
Stand: Attack Dagger 1d20 + 1 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 1 + 1 + 2 = 24 inspire, flank;
Crit? 1d20 + 1 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 1 + 1 + 2 = 9 no.
Damage 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2 +1 fire. Total 3 points.

Grand Lodge

Magda reaches down to rouse the gnome with a touch imbued with positive energy. "We could use some help right now little one."

That does get her off of Alie for the moment.
Healing Hex 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4


If Alie isn't threatened, she will stand up this round on her initiative.

Alred follows the cleric, still mocking her. "You're obviously scared of me, Priestess. Stop running and face me."

Attack full defense 1d20 + 3 - 4 ⇒ (18) + 3 - 4 = 17
Damage 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

AC19

Osirion

Wadi's hellfire-imbued dagger scorches the cleric's flesh, distracting her long enough that Aldred is able to stab her in the kidney!

She gasps in pain, staggered by the blow, and gazes around at all the members of the party.

"You think you have won, do you? We cannot be defeated! Once the power of the Stone consumes all within this place, our fury will be unleashed upon Oppara, and from there, all of Taldor will burn!"

The cleric drops her pick, 5' steps away from Wadi and Aldred, and concentrates, causing crackling black energy to gather around her right hand.

"I die, knowing that your doom is assured!"

With that, she slams her open palm against her chest, directly over her heart. Her entire body goes rigid, and then she keels over, dead, her unseeing eyes fixed upon Aldred.

Combat over :-)

What would you like to do next? ;-)

Andoran

Male Dwarf HP: 23[23] AC: 23 Firebolt 7[7] +3 (1d6) Channel: 5[5] 1d6 Endure Elements
Luke_Parry wrote:
What would you like to do next? ;-)

Be made not dead :) Does Fog need a stabilisation check?

Taldor

Fey Sorcerer 8 | HP 55/55 | AC 15, Touch 13, Flat Footed 13 | CMD 14 | Fort: +7, Ref: +6, Will +8 | Init. +6 | Perception +2 | SM 0

Alie rises, not knowing exactly what had transpired while she was out. All she knew was that she was in alot of pain. A lot. "That no good priestess ruined a wonderful night at the opera. And now I'm in so much pain, I probably wouldn't even enjoy it now. Getting her wits about her, she added, "...and what did she mean by 'the power of the Stone consuming all in this place?' That sounds terrible. Does that mean there is an explosive planted here?"

Cheliax

Wadi sighs, "Nothing good I can imagine Alie. Whatever she found is in this building somewhere, so let's heal up and find this 'Stone' she referred to."

Grand Lodge

Fog 4d8 + 4 ⇒ (6, 2, 6, 5) + 4 = 23 from -2 to full at 18
Aldred 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8 from 9 to full at 15
Alie 2d8 + 2 ⇒ (7, 8) + 2 = 17 from 2 to full at 16
Wadi 2d8 + 2 ⇒ (4, 3) + 2 = 9 from 8 to full at 16
9 charges, 37 remaining.

Taldor

Fey Sorcerer 8 | HP 55/55 | AC 15, Touch 13, Flat Footed 13 | CMD 14 | Fort: +7, Ref: +6, Will +8 | Init. +6 | Perception +2 | SM 0

Would a knowledge check give more info about the stone? If so, what sort?

Osirion

Try as Alie might, she cannot recall anything about a 'Stone'...

Alie:
Apologies, but there is a very good reason that you would never have heard of it...

Is there anything else anyone would like to do?

Taldor

Fey Sorcerer 8 | HP 55/55 | AC 15, Touch 13, Flat Footed 13 | CMD 14 | Fort: +7, Ref: +6, Will +8 | Init. +6 | Perception +2 | SM 0

"I think at the very least we need to get everyone out of here to safety, so we can look around for this stone she talked about. I can't stand the idea of someone destroying this beautiful place."

Cheliax

Wadi glances around him at the empty central autitorium. "Alie, I think the other audience members already handled that." He sighs, "Let's see if this priestess has any items on her which shed some light on this..."

Knowledge History 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10 for any info on the Stone.
Search the priestess corpse. Perception 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4

Andoran

Male Dwarf HP: 23[23] AC: 23 Firebolt 7[7] +3 (1d6) Channel: 5[5] 1d6 Endure Elements

Once he is awake (Seriously, thanks Ith!), and has been appraised of what the woman said and did after he was out, Fog racks his brains for information pertaining to the stone, or any catacombs this place may have.

Know Dungeoneering: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 19
Know Religion: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8

"I agree, it doesn't sound like there are survivors, but we should check these nearby rooms, and ensure no corpses are rising."

Grand Lodge

While Magda continues mending the injured she mutters, "I am not sure exactly what was that. She kills herself, why? This Fel Bustrani plans to bring her back better than zombie like these maybe? Vampires, ghouls? Is connected to this 'greatest living artifact' Bodriggan sought? Too many questions."

When Fog mentions the nearby rooms, she nods while ditracted with calling up force armor around Wadi, "Survivors were running for bar. Maybe some live. If not, maybe we still find some blades on the dead. Someone should take the armor. We need it. Pick is good for punching holes in skulls too."

Yikes. That one really could have gone either way on any bad roll. We are really going to have to be careful going forward. Maybe we should come up with some strategy in the OOC thread.

Fog- you better take that heavy pick since you are the only one who can use it.
She was wearing splint mail which is +7 armor bonus. Nonsensical as it is that thin woman's armor is going to fit Fog just fine and beats mage armor. It will take 2 minutes to get him into it if he has a helper.
That and a ward will get him up to AC 19. On the downside it drops your move to 15' and has a -7 ACP unless it is masterwork.

Mage Armor on Wadi and Alie. 5 total charges burned. 45 remaining.

Osirion

Well, you survived, and that is the main thing :-)

Wadi's quick search of the woman turns-up the following items:

A heavy steel shield, a masterwork heavy pick, splint mail armor, and a wooden holy symbol.

Feel free to give me Knowledge(Religion). Fog, you did not remember anyhting, but maybe this will jog your memory.

Cheliax

Wadi nods in thanks at the extra protection provided. "Yeah, maybe one of the survivors overheard something useful, or saw where all the zombies came from." He starts to head to the bar all the while glancing idly at the dead and dying bodies around him.

DM:
Wadi, in addition to looking for survivors, is also looking for a corpse of a Taldan noble in order to fulfill his faction mission. Please let me know if he finds one.

1,401 to 1,450 of 3,069 << first < prev | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Ith's PFS pbp All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.