Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

PaizoCon 2014!

Ith's PFS pbp

Game Master ithuriel


1,351 to 1,400 of 3,069 << first < prev | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | next > last >>
Taldor

HP 48/48 | AC 15, Touch 13, Flat Footed 13 | CMD 13 | Fort: +7, Ref: +6, Will +7 | Init. +6 | Perception +2 | SM 0

Alie keeps firing off her positive bursts of energy, trying to finish the undead before they can do more harm.

Disrupt Undead Ranged touch attack 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 25

Damage 1d6 ⇒ 3

Possible Critical Comfirmation 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 17

Damage 1d6 ⇒ 3

Osirion

This time, Alie's bolt of golden light strikes the Zombie threatening Wadi directly in the head. It teeters for a moment, before falling over, unmoving.

The remaining Zombie continues to pound mindlessly on Fog...

Zombie #4, Slam: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 13, for 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9 damage.

Wadi, Aldred, Magda, and Fog are up.

Cheliax

Wadi staggers to his feet and seeing the zombie still hacking away at Fog decides to help his fellow Pathfinder out. Drawing his dagger he steps into a flank position with Fog and slashes at the zombie!

Move: Stand up and step to W15; draw dagger
Standard: Attack dagger 1d20 + 1 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 1 + 1 + 2 = 17 inspire, flank
Damage 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2
If Wadi cannot take the 5' step while standing up, then he will ready the attack instead.

Grand Lodge

Magda circles around the zombie and moves in while charging up the golden light around her hand. She lunges forward to infuse the dead walker with that energy, but misses when it turns to throw another punch. Aldred continues the hymn, but moves in to hack at the zombie, but he too misses.

Move to X16. I may provoke here. Not sure that I can use the spell-like for the charge then move and deliver after the move. Probably not.
Touch 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8
1d8 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9
Aldred Move to X14
Dagger 1d20 + 2 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 + 1 + 2 = 8 (flanking)
Maintain inspire courage +1. 2 rounds spent.

Osirion

@Magda: As far as I am aware, you are able to cast, move, and touch. At least you keep the charge on your hand...

Fog is up.

Andoran

Male Dwarf HP: 23[23] AC: 23 Firebolt 7[7] +3 (1d6) Channel: 5[5] 1d6 Endure Elements

The Zombie slams into the field of force surrounding Fog, who again, channels energy to disrupt the foul thing.

Channel Energy: 1d6 ⇒ 5

Osirion

Zombie #4, Will save: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8.

The zombie is surrounded by a halo of golden light, which noticeably weakens the enthusiasm with which it claws at Fog, even as great gouts of black vapor pour from is flesh, evaporating into nothingness.

Nonetheless, the thing does not fall.

Renewed screams of pain and panic from the bar area bring home to you that all is not well in that area, either...

Indeed, a fell voice echoes through the doorway:

“For Father Grim, for Fel Bustrani, consume them and multiply!”

Alie is up.

Andoran

Male Dwarf HP: 23[23] AC: 23 Firebolt 7[7] +3 (1d6) Channel: 5[5] 1d6 Endure Elements

"I can hold this one off, but others will rise if they are not all stopped quickly! Go, see to the people in the bar! Fog shouts, obviously wondering why everyone else is still with him.

Osirion

Fog:
You do realise this means that I will probably crit you now, right? :-P

Taldor

HP 48/48 | AC 15, Touch 13, Flat Footed 13 | CMD 13 | Fort: +7, Ref: +6, Will +7 | Init. +6 | Perception +2 | SM 0

"Im on it, Fog. Someone help him finish that thing off." Alie moves as quickly as possible toward the sounds of the voice on the other side of the doorway.

Cheliax

Wintergreen's CE PA IT Geek 10/Daddy 6/Physicist 3/Cartographer 1/Runner 1
Luke_Parry wrote:
** spoiler omitted **

Spoiler:
Fog may be a cleric, but he isn't necessarily the wisest tool in the box. But yes, law of sod states you will.
Osirion

Alie moves in the direction of the bar as fast as her little legs can carry her...

...Meanwhile, the remaining Zombie ignores the other three trying to pull it down, and focuses all of its attention on its original target, Fog...

Zombie #4, Slam: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14 for 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5 damage.

...smacking into him with a bone-crunching thud. Fortunately, it is not enough to drop the tough Dwarven warrior.

Wadi, Aldred, Magda and Fog are up.

Cheliax

"Why won't you...DIE??" Wadi growls in frustration as he swings his dagger at the remaining zombie.

Standard: Attack Dagger 1d20 + 1 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 1 + 1 + 2 = 15 inspire, flank
Damage 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3 inspire
If he kills the zombie, then he will follow after Alie.

Osirion

Aldred's dirge manages to put enough of a righteous fury into Wadi's swing, that he is able to drive his dagger into the corpse's eye socket. Its body twitches spasmodically for a few moments, before falling; Wadi barely managing to retain his grip on his dagger as it does so.

Aldred, Magda, and Fog are up.

Grand Lodge

mage armor on another ally- maybe Aldred as he can potentially get in there and move towards the commotion.
In transit today. More or less no connection.

Andoran

Male Dwarf HP: 23[23] AC: 23 Firebolt 7[7] +3 (1d6) Channel: 5[5] 1d6 Endure Elements

Seeing the Zombie fall, Fog nods thanks at Wadi, and breathing heavily, moves towards the bar.

Fog plans to put himself near others who need help, and then channel again, it may be risky in this city, but it sounds like they will need the healing as much as he does.

Osirion

Aldred delays momentarily, allowing Magda to form another suit of force armor, around him, this time.

He then hurries towards the bar.

Fog, too, hurries in the direction of further battle, although he shorter Dwarven legs are unable to keep-up with his taller companions.

The commotion from the bar continues; it sounds that the socialites in there are giving as good as they are getting... although it is possible that that is only because they have been cornered, with no avenue of escape...

One voice, seething with 'well-bred' certainty (although a shred of panic can still be detected) states:

"Know that I, Hustavan, will see to it that you pay for this!"

Alie is up.

Taldor

HP 48/48 | AC 15, Touch 13, Flat Footed 13 | CMD 13 | Fort: +7, Ref: +6, Will +7 | Init. +6 | Perception +2 | SM 0

Any new map, DM? What does Alie see, or is she still too far away to make out what's going on? If so, she'll just keep double moving toward the trouble.

Osirion

Alie moves towards the bar as fast as her little legs can carry her, almost reaching the doorway.

Alie:
Peering through the doorway, you see that the bar is littered with corpses, both former zombies and freshly-killed nobles. Around 30 remain alive in this room, pressed up against the exterior wall, southwest of the red carpet. Between you and them, however, are two zombies, and a human female dressed in splint mail, and wielding a heavy pick, which she is using to 'finish-off' socialites that have been downed by the zombies.

Spotting you through the doorway, she snarls:

"Kill the usurpers, my minions, for the glory of Zyphus and for the glory of Fel Bustrani!"

Almost immediately, a hate-filled female voice shouts out:

"Kill the usurpers, my minions, for the glory of Zyphus and for the glory of Fel Bustrani!"

ZCC Initiative: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4.

Two human zombies charge out of the door to the bar, and lay into the tiny sorcerer...

Zombie #5, Slam: 1d20 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 4 + 2 = 20, for 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5 damage.

Zombie #6, Slam: 1d20 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 4 + 2 = 9, for 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6 damage.

Followed shortly thereafter by a young Taldan woman with black hair and hard eyes, dressed in scale mail, and wielding a heavy pick.

Knowledge(Religion) DC 25:
You recognise the design on the head of the pick as the holy symbol of Zyphus, an evil (but minor) god of accidental death, whose followers tend to keep to themselves, guarding
forgotten graveyards and abandoned barrows.

Osirion

Wadi, Aldred, Magda and Fog are now up.

Cheliax

Wadi hustles after the gnome sorceress and as he catches up to her sees the priestess utter her command. Instinct takes over as he sends a fiery ray in her direction.

Move: move 30' closer to Alie.
Standard: Elemental Ray ranged touch 1d20 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 2 + 1 = 16 inspire; Damage 1d6 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 + 1 = 8 inspire, use 1/6.

Grand Lodge

Ward hex on Fog. Continue to move with them, keeping 15-20 feet from any hand to hand business.
I'll be back to normal availability tomorrow.
Ward: +2 AC (deflection), +2 saves (resistance). Lasts until he is hit or fails a save.

Grand Lodge

Init:
Wadi 19
Magda 16 (mage armor)
Aldred 15 (mage armor)
Fog 11 (mage armor + ward)
Crowd 9
ZCC 4+
Alie 4-

Map Link

Grand Lodge

Magda looks around at the spreading carnage and decides the best thing she can do at this point is stick close to the other field agents. She traces some regional superstitious ward over her heart as she goes.

Aldred purposefully strides toward Alie with his dagger in hand and eyes on the armored woman who seems to be leading the zombies while singing his Pharasmin hymn. The song slows down and becomes softer as he gets closer.

Magda had two undefined moves since her last position on the map. Consider her at AB24.
Aldred moves in with his dagger (AA28), but casts lullaby (Will DC 13) to set Alie up for sleep. Center it on the Taldan woman.

Fog is up

Andoran

Male Dwarf HP: 23[23] AC: 23 Firebolt 7[7] +3 (1d6) Channel: 5[5] 1d6 Endure Elements

Fog moves forward[ooc] (To AC25), leaving his healing plan for the moment, and throws a bal of pure sunlight at the woman.

Firebolt Atk: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11 Dmg1d6 ⇒ 3

Osirion

Magda did have two undefined moves, but in order to cast Mage Armor on Aldred, she had to 5' step last round. So she should only be able to move 30' from X15 this round. If you would like to retcon, and *not* Mage Armor Aldred, though, that is fine ;-)

Wadi hurries to move closer to Alie, hurling a bolt of fire at the woman giving orders to this group of zombies. It strikes her square in the chest, causing her to shriek in pain, leaving a nasty burning extending up her neck and across the left side of her face.

Concern for her companions foremost in her mind, Magda traces a ward symbol over her heart, invoking *something* to protect Fog.

Aldred moves closer warily, holding his dagger in front of him, and begins crooning a Taldan lullaby...

Will save: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7.

...Causing the woman to begin to yawn.

In fact, she barely notices the bolt of light thrown by Fog thud into the wall besides her.

Muffled scrabbling noises from inside the bar suggest that the remaining nobles are deciding discretion is the better part of valor...

The woman regards Wadi with a cold stare.

"You will keep. Even if Father Grim decrees that I should join him this day, the others will see to it that you die!"

She then draws a potion from her belt, and downs it.

CMW: 2d8 + 3 ⇒ (7, 7) + 3 = 17.

Throwing the empty vial aside, she snaps at the zombies:

"Finish off that Gnome, and kill the rest!"

The zombies then remorselessly move to carry out her commands, moving to a flanking position...

Zombie #5, Slam: 1d20 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 4 + 2 = 15, for 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6 damage.

Zombie #6, Slam: 1d20 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 4 + 2 = 14, for 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6 damage.

...before she steps forward, too.

Alie, Wadi, Magda, Aldred and Fog are now up.

Taldor

HP 48/48 | AC 15, Touch 13, Flat Footed 13 | CMD 13 | Fort: +7, Ref: +6, Will +7 | Init. +6 | Perception +2 | SM 0

DM, did the zombies flank and attack Alie last round? If so, she is at minus one HP. if that is right, will someone roll my stabilization check since I'll be out today. Alie is at minus one, if that is right. Thanks.

Osirion

Last round they charged. This round, they moved to a flank, as they were ordered to.

Osirion

Alie (Stabilization): 1d20 + 2 - 1 ⇒ (3) + 2 - 1 = 4.

Alie continues to bleed.

Wadi is up.

Cheliax

Wadi fires another Elemental Ray at Z6.

Elemental Ray ranged touch 1d20 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 2 + 1 = 14 inspire; Damage 1d6 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 + 1 = 3 inspire, 2/6 used.

Grand Lodge

Magda ignores the chaos around her and jogs across the theater as best she can in her cumbersome dress pulling up one sleeve to reveal a heavily scarred forearm as she goes. She rakes her nails across that exposed flesh drawing some blood and smears it across her mouth and chin while fixing the armored woman with a wild eyed stare. "Flesh is weak maybe, but spirit is strong. Maybe stronger than you know." Magda throws back her head and emits a keening scream with her back arched as she calls up the spiritual remnants of the zombie slaves to seek vengeance on the one holding their bodies in undeath.

With 30' on the previous move let's start this action with her at X21 (having moved from X15). Not an issue for her last action as she only needed to be within 30 feet of Fog to place a ward on him.

Move to AA25
Evil Eye on the Taldane zombie commander for -2 on her saves.

Aldred is up.
For Moth- the woman failed vs your lullabye last round but Alie is out now. If you want to hit her with sleep instead she gets that -2 on her save and another -2 from evil eye.

Grand Lodge

Evil Eye is Will DC 14 to determine if it will last 1 round or 7

Andoran

Male Half Elf Bard 2

Thanks for running Aldred ithuriel, much appreciated.

I’m not exactly sure on the situation, but if Aldred can begin casting sleep on the woman without falling immediate prey to zombies, and without catching any of his companions in the burst, he will do so. Take a five foot step to a more safe position if possible / necessary. He will also maintain inspire courage as a free action.

Aldred eyes the situation warily as he continues to hum the Pharasmin dirge, looking for his best opening, the best way to save Alie without becoming zombie fodder himself. His mind works, trying to identify what the Taldan woman means by ‘Father Grim’.

Know, religion: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6

Grand Lodge

If you want to get some distance first, lullbye can be extended by concentration and I can use cackle to extend evil eye if she passes the save. So you could move this round and lay it down the next and it would take effect the round after.

Otherwise, Fog is up.

Andoran

Male Dwarf HP: 23[23] AC: 23 Firebolt 7[7] +3 (1d6) Channel: 5[5] 1d6 Endure Elements

Knowledge Religion: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6

Fog, infuriated by the woman, throws another firebolt at her. Atk: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6 dmg: 1d6 ⇒ 5

Fog needs some Zen!

Grand Lodge

You might want to move up a little too. Currently you are the tank such as there is one and you are bringing up the rear with your higher AC and hps leaving three squishing casters between you and the zombies.
I wouldn't normally make any suggestions for another PC but with an odd ball group of all casters we need to be on our toes tactically.

Cheliax

Wintergreen's CE PA IT Geek 10/Daddy 6/Physicist 3/Cartographer 1/Runner 1

That's a good point. Move Fog to AB27, I think that's possible for a Dwarf without taking AOOs... Fog only has 13 HP though, and no armour, so until he does some scavaging, the higher AC and HP is not actually too true ;)

I'm always happy to take suggestions though, I wont always act on them, but I like to receive them.

Grand Lodge

Fog has mage armor and my ward hex so AC 16, Touch 12, FF 16 at the moment and +2 on all saves. Not great, but best of the bunch for now. As soon as you are hit it will drop to AC 14 until I can restore the ward.
Fog has 18 hps when fully healed.
I could potentially ward Aldred instead after the fight and he'd be at AC 18 with his dex mod, but 15 hps.

Cheliax

Wintergreen's CE PA IT Geek 10/Daddy 6/Physicist 3/Cartographer 1/Runner 1

Ah, I keep forgetting about the mage armour.

Osirion

Wadi fires a ray of eldritch energy at one of the zombies, (just!) smacking into it, and charring one of its arms, slightly.

Magda lets loose with a keening scream, after raking her flesh...

Will: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14.

...which manages to shake the 'zombie commander'.

Aldred backs away, and begins casting a spell...

With a 5' step, you are still the closest PC, so I will put you behind Wadi and Magda in Y25.

Fog, infuriated by the woman, throws another bolt of fire at her, but she easily dodges out of the way.

With a 20' movement, the closest square you can get to is AA27

Sounds of hurried movement can be heard from inside the bar, as large number of people, or things, scrabble about...

"Kill them all!"

The zombies shuffle forward (Z6 to AB 28, Z5 to AB 26), dead flesh eagerly grasping for Fog's throat...

Zombie #5, Slam (On Fog): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 20, for 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8 damage.

Zombie #6, Slam (On Fog): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18, for 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7 damage.

...

The woman holds her pick high, and gestures towards Fog.

"Run away, little Dwarf..."

DC 13 Will save, or be affected by Cause Fear.

She then moves forward, eager to smash living things with her pick.

Moving to AC 26.

Grand Lodge

Yikes. I apologize for my suggestion :P
I think the zombies leave him at -7.

Andoran

Male Dwarf HP: 23[23] AC: 23 Firebolt 7[7] +3 (1d6) Channel: 5[5] 1d6 Endure Elements

Not quite Ith, the Zombies leave him on -2. Not so useful though.... At least I don't need to worry about the will save....

Fog braces himself, but the Zombies slam into him, forcing him to the ground with a huge thud.

Osirion

In which case, that Cause Fear is directed at Aldred...

Grand Lodge

@Fog> I think it is actually worse than -7 now that I scrolled back.
In this fight you channeled to heal once, but before you were injured.
Since then you've been hit for 10, then 5, and now 8 and 7.
You channeled twice more to damage undead and intended to do some healing, but postponed it to throw a firebolt instead. I had no idea Fog was so injured when I suggested he move in :(
Starting from 18 that would leave you on -12 now.

I healed Wadi once and tried to hit a zombie with a CLW hex once but missed leaving me holding the charge. I have been using supernatural hexes since so I may still be holding the charge now.

As a sidenote I used ward as a 30' range hex and now looking back it doesn't seem to say anywhere that you can use it at range or whether you must use it as touch. Since others DO specify when they have a 30 foot range I suppose you are meant to touch the target. Noted going forward.

Andoran

Male Dwarf HP: 23[23] AC: 23 Firebolt 7[7] +3 (1d6) Channel: 5[5] 1d6 Endure Elements

Gah! You're right. So 2HP to dead-dead HELP!

Cheliax

Ooh boy...two players down and dying, Wadi badly injured still...while the priestess is still fully healed...all I gotta say is Aldred DON'T fail that Will save!

Grand Lodge

Wadi is up.

Cheliax

Wadi holds his hands out in front of him and calls on his elemental powers to turn the priestess and her zombie into extra-crispy. Even before the flames have died out, he reaches into one of his pouches and pulls out a healing potion.

Stand: Cast Burning Hands targeting Z5 and Cleric.
Damage 2d4 ⇒ (3, 3) = 6 Reflex DC 14 for half
Move: Draw potion of CLW.

Grand Lodge

Init:
Wadi 19
Magda 16 (mage armor)
Aldred 15 (mage armor)
Fog 11 (mage armor)
Crowd 9
ZCC 4+
Alie 4-

Map Link

Grand Lodge

Aldred still needs a will save vs fear (remember the inspire courage bonus)

Alie can try to stabilize

Magda steps back from the walking dead who are far too close for comfort and continues leering madly at the woman while whispering prayers to the spirits in Hallit.

Infused with their will, her rat drops loose from the trail of her dress and scurries over to Fog breathing some measure of life back into the dwarf.

5' step to Z24 with Nephelus clinging to her dress
SA: Healing Hex with Nephelus as the holder.
MA: Cackle to extend the Evil Eye: -2 on saves for the woman

Nephelus moves into Fog's square from behind to deliver the hex.
Healing: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4

1,351 to 1,400 of 3,069 << first < prev | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Ith's PFS pbp All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.