Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

Ith's PFS pbp

Game Master ithuriel


1,151 to 1,200 of 3,069 << first < prev | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | next > last >>
Taldor

Fey Sorcerer 8 | HP 55/55 | AC 15, Touch 13, Flat Footed 13 | CMD 14 | Fort: +7, Ref: +6, Will +8 | Init. +6 | Perception +2 | SM 0

Seeing the sailors had already closed ground on the group, Alie attempted to reach out and touch the thug due south of her. After that, she moves 5' north, beside Kayluss.

Laughing Touch Bloodline Power With a successful melee touch attack, Creature bursts out laughing and can take only a move action during the next round.

Melee Touch Attack 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

Cheliax

Wadi aims his crossbow at the sailor standing to the right and lets his bolt fly.

Attack Crossbow 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 2 = 19
Damage 1d8 ⇒ 2

Andoran

Male Dwarf HP: 23[23] AC: 23 Firebolt 7[7] +3 (1d6) Channel: 5[5] 1d6 Endure Elements

Fog lets loose the bolt at the closest man, then reloads.

Atk: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 1 = 13 Dmg: 1d8 ⇒ 1


Alie- the sailors are the two guys on the boat. You are attacking the bound halflIngs there.

Taldor

Fey Sorcerer 8 | HP 55/55 | AC 15, Touch 13, Flat Footed 13 | CMD 14 | Fort: +7, Ref: +6, Will +8 | Init. +6 | Perception +2 | SM 0

Ah, DM, I thought I might have been missing something, lol. I'll repost if thats okay in a bit...

Osirion

Male Elf Alchemist (Beastmorph) 3

Round 1:

16/18 hp, AC 26/16/20, CMD 19, Mutagen(Dexterity), Shield.

Grinning widely, Sekhemre rushes up the gangplank, and takes a swipe at the sailor directly in front of him...

Bite: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (14) + 8 = 22, for 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4 P/S/B damage.

Taldor

Fey Sorcerer 8 | HP 55/55 | AC 15, Touch 13, Flat Footed 13 | CMD 14 | Fort: +7, Ref: +6, Will +8 | Init. +6 | Perception +2 | SM 0

Doubting the sailor will last long against Sek, Alie nonetheless begins casting her Sleep spell against the other one.

Andoran

Male Half Elf Bard 2

“Prepare to be boarded foul slavers!” Aldred calls, twirling his sling above his head and letting fly a stone at the nearest sailor.

1d20 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5 damage: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4


Alie 12: Begin sleep
Aldred 11: Sling
Wadi 10: Crossbow
Sek 9: Move/Bite
Fog 7: Crossbow/Reload
Kayluss 5+: Move/Bow
Snarl 5: Trip 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (8) + 9 = 17 vs CMD 19
Sailor 1 3: Hammer vs Sek 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 22
Sailor 2 3: Javelin vs Kayluss 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22
Damage 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5

I ran out of time here, but want to post this to preserve the rolls before we leave. I'll be back and give it a description this evening.


Doubting the sailor will last long against Sek, Alie nonetheless begins casting her sleep spell against the other one.

“Prepare to be boarded foul slavers!” Aldred calls, twirling his sling above his head and letting fly a stone at the nearest sailor. The stone sails high out into the harbor.

Wadi aims his crossbow at the sailor standing to the right and lets his bolt fly. The sailor dodges to the side, but not quite fast enough. The bolt rips through his sleeve grazing his arm.

Grinning widely, Sekhemre rushes up the gangplank, and takes a swipe at the sailor directly in front of him. As he lunges forward with jaws spread wide, the sailor throws up one arm defensively and jagged teeth chomp down on it jerking back and forth before he is able to yank it free.

Fog line up a shot on the closest man, but with Sek hovering over him it is too difficult to get a clear shot. The dwarf swivels to the side and fires on the second sailor. The shot grazes his ribs and he lets loose a sting of the foulest phrases strung together in Kelish that those of you who can understand have ever heard.

Leaving his shield on his back and Ixthalos in its sheath for now, Kayluss grabs his bow as he moves towards the ship, notching an arrow as he approaches. "Bout time we had a decent fight."

Just as Sek reaches the gangplank Kayluss raises his bow and fires at the guy blocking his approach. The sailor doubles over with an arrow buried in his gut, but just then a seven foot tall hyena headed slaver rounds the corner of the fighting tower mounted around the mast unfurling a whip as he comes. Seeing the gnoll out of the corner of his eye, the grievously injured sailor straightens up bringing the hammer back up to a defensive position.

The gnoll lets loose a barking kind of laugh when he sees you all trying to board his ship. "We were full, but I'll make room at the oars for you, beast!" With a wide circle over his head he cracks the whip at Sekhemre's leg, but the mutant sidesteps just in time.

Bolstered by the gnoll's arrival, both sailors press the attack. One having just pulled his arm free from Sek's jaws brings the hammer around in a haymaker narrowly missing the elf's oversized jaw. The other grabs a harpoon from the ship railing and hurls it at Kayluss. It sails across the gangplank and lands deep in his leg.

Alie- with their current placement you can target all three, but sleep affects lowest HD first. You can guess that it is unlikely to be able to affect all three opponents.
So- tactical decision on placement for you:
-Target all three.
-Target one sailor (either one) and the gnoll.
-Target just the gnoll.

Everyone is up again, but you probably want to see how Alie's spell plays out before you go.


This is the type of ship we have here if you were curious...

Map

Taldor

Fey Sorcerer 8 | HP 55/55 | AC 15, Touch 13, Flat Footed 13 | CMD 14 | Fort: +7, Ref: +6, Will +8 | Init. +6 | Perception +2 | SM 0

Alie focuses her spell on the sailor not currently involved with Sek and the large gnoll.


Alie's cloud of glittering pink and gold blooms around one of the sailors and the gnoll boss. The one who had just thrown the harpoon stumbles a couple of steps and falls forward onto his side asleep on the deck.

Will 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6
Not enough HD left over for the gnoll.

Cheliax

Wadi coolly reloads and fires his crossbow again, this time at the gnoll captain.

Attack Crossbow 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6
Damage 1d8 ⇒ 1

Andoran

Male Half Elf Bard 2

Aldred begins singing an old comical Taldan nursery rhyme about a naughty, mangy dog being beaten, pointing at the gnoll, the obvious target of the joke.

Begin inspire courage as a standard action (keep those +1’s in mind folks). Stow sling and five foot step diagonally forward towards the action.

Osirion

Male Elf Alchemist (Beastmorph) 3

Round 2:

16/18 hp, AC 26/16/20, CMD 19, Mutagen(Dexterity), Shield.

Snorting contemptuously at the sailors, Sekhemre 5' steps, and unleashes his fury upon the Gnoll!

"Why don't we have lunch to discuss it? You can provide the buffet..."

Claw: 1d20 + 8 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 8 + 1 = 28, for 1d6 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 + 1 = 4 S/B damage.
Claw: 1d20 + 8 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 8 + 1 = 27, for 1d6 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 + 1 = 8 S/B damage.
Bite: 1d20 + 8 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 8 + 1 = 28, for 1d8 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 + 1 = 6 P/S/B damage.


Alie and Fog

Andoran

Male Dwarf HP: 23[23] AC: 23 Firebolt 7[7] +3 (1d6) Channel: 5[5] 1d6 Endure Elements

Fog will crack off another shot, then drop the crossbow.

Atk: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 1 = 16 Dmg: 1d8 ⇒ 5

Taldor

Fey Sorcerer 8 | HP 55/55 | AC 15, Touch 13, Flat Footed 13 | CMD 14 | Fort: +7, Ref: +6, Will +8 | Init. +6 | Perception +2 | SM 0

Alie casts Daze at the gnoll

(DC17Will save to resist)


Whoops. Forgot Kayluss. Once he rolls I'll wrap up the round.
@Kayluss> the remaining sailor is seriously injured, but still up by your turn. The gnoll is dazed and pretty badly hurt, but not out of the fight.

Alie needs to move slightly closer to target the gnoll with daze. 30 foot range and you are at 40' right now. You have plenty of movement to get in range, just let me know if you want to be somewhere particular.

Snarl: Will 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (5) + 0 = 5

Alie 12: Daze
Aldred 11: Inspire Courage, put away sling, 5' step
Wadi 10: Reload, Crossbow
Sek 9: 5', Full attack
Fog 7: Crossbow, Drop Crossbow
Kayluss 5+:
Snarl 5: Dazed
Sailor 1 3: Attack pending
Sailor 2 3: Sleeping

Taldor

Fey Sorcerer 8 | HP 55/55 | AC 15, Touch 13, Flat Footed 13 | CMD 14 | Fort: +7, Ref: +6, Will +8 | Init. +6 | Perception +2 | SM 0

Sorry, DM. I don't have a preference as to squard, so long as Alie can get into range.

Andoran

Male Half Elf Bard 2

Fog doesn't appear to have added the inspire courage bonuses.

Andoran

Defense:
AC 30; Tch 15; FF 28; CMD 24; DR 3/-; hp 60; Fort: 10; Ref: +7; Will: +8
Offense:
Init +2; Spd 20ft; CMB +11; Ixthalos +13/+8 (1d10+7/ 19-20/ x2); Longbow +10/+5 (1d8+2/ x3/ 110ft)
Skills:
Climb +5; Diplomacy +8; Heal +8; Intimidate +7; Knowledge (Dungeon & Nature +4; Planes +1); Perception +12; Profession (Sailor) +6; Spellcraft +5; Survival +9; Swim +5

Ripping the harpoon out of his leg Kayluss lets it fall to ground. Drawing Ixthalos he charging up the gang plank straight for the gnoll.
Charge forward provoking AoO.
Attack:1d20 + 8 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 8 + 2 + 1 = 30
Damage:1d10 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 4 + 1 = 9
Possible Crit:
Attack:1d20 + 8 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 8 + 2 + 1 = 20
Damage:1d10 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 4 + 1 = 12

Cheliax

Wintergreen's CE PA IT Geek 10/Daddy 6/Physicist 3/Cartographer 1/Runner 1
Aldred of Augustana wrote:
Fog doesn't appear to have added the inspire courage bonuses.

Good catch! I did miss that.


The gnoll was reaching for an over-sized hand axe on its belt when Alie stopped him with a singsong phrase in gnomish. His hyena face goes slack and eyes glaze over just before Sekhemre pounces digging in with teeth and claw. The gnoll tries to step out of the way, but with his reactions slowed he is easy prey and the mutant elf is all over him slashing and biting. Meanwhile Aldred begins singing an old comical Taldan nursery rhyme about a naughty, mangy dog being beaten, pointing at the gnoll, the obvious target of the joke, but the beast seems to be oblivious to the whole thing.

Wadi fires off a shot hoping to end this, but it thuds into the fighting tower. Fog joins in firing on the sailor by Sekhemre nearly pinning him to the tower as well.

Ripping the harpoon out of his leg Kayluss lets it fall to ground. Drawing Ixthalos he charges up the gang plank straight for the gnoll and plunges it straight through him, dropping the slaver in a pool of spreading blood.

The last sailor standing drops his hammer and clutches the arrow in his shoulder. "Alright, I surrender, I surrender...

No AoO on Kayluss. The only guy you provoke from is currently asleep. Whips don't threaten and the gnoll is dazed anyway.

If you take the time to search them:

Spoiler:

Gnoll: Hide armor, Mwk whip, Mwk handaxe, 34 gp, one stoppered vial.
Sailors: No armor, 2 light hammers, 2 harpoons (effectively javelins), 6 gp

Cheliax

Wadi stows his crossbow away as he looks around him, an uneasy look on his face. "We should get these sailors out of sight now. I think we have drawn enough attention as it is."

Andoran

Male Dwarf HP: 23[23] AC: 23 Firebolt 7[7] +3 (1d6) Channel: 5[5] 1d6 Endure Elements
Wadi Ahk'kolon wrote:
Wadi stows his crossbow away as he looks around him, an uneasy look on his face. "We should get these sailors out of sight now. I think we have drawn enough attention as it is."

I agree. Kayluss, do you need healing?

Osirion

Male Elf Alchemist (Beastmorph) 3

Sekhemre carefully uncorks the vial, and sniffs it, trying to identify the contents...

Craft(Alchemy): 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (8) + 13 = 21.
Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (18) + 8 = 26.

Hearing Wadi's comments, he shrugs.

"I dare say we have garnered a fair chunk of attention; I doubt hiding the bodies will improve matters that much..."

Sekhemre then turns to the remaining sailor, grinning threateningly.

"Now, you can either provide information, or a light snack. How many more crew members are there below deck? Where is the Lady Salhar?"

Andoran

Defense:
AC 30; Tch 15; FF 28; CMD 24; DR 3/-; hp 60; Fort: 10; Ref: +7; Will: +8
Offense:
Init +2; Spd 20ft; CMB +11; Ixthalos +13/+8 (1d10+7/ 19-20/ x2); Longbow +10/+5 (1d8+2/ x3/ 110ft)
Skills:
Climb +5; Diplomacy +8; Heal +8; Intimidate +7; Knowledge (Dungeon & Nature +4; Planes +1); Perception +12; Profession (Sailor) +6; Spellcraft +5; Survival +9; Swim +5

Aye, healing would be welcomed.

Andoran

Male Half Elf Bard 2

Aldred helps Sek search the bodies, particularly the gnoll, seeming to be looking for something in particular (but apparently not finding it).

"Definately the gnoll corpse stays here," Aldred says. "Gnolls are not allowed into Absalom by law, any repurcussions of our actions here should be mitigated when it is shown we are stopping illegal gnoll slavers."

Andoran

Male Dwarf HP: 23[23] AC: 23 Firebolt 7[7] +3 (1d6) Channel: 5[5] 1d6 Endure Elements

Fog moves towards Kayluss, and places a hand on his shoulder. Burn "burning hands" for a cure light wounds 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

Andoran

Defense:
AC 30; Tch 15; FF 28; CMD 24; DR 3/-; hp 60; Fort: 10; Ref: +7; Will: +8
Offense:
Init +2; Spd 20ft; CMB +11; Ixthalos +13/+8 (1d10+7/ 19-20/ x2); Longbow +10/+5 (1d8+2/ x3/ 110ft)
Skills:
Climb +5; Diplomacy +8; Heal +8; Intimidate +7; Knowledge (Dungeon & Nature +4; Planes +1); Perception +12; Profession (Sailor) +6; Spellcraft +5; Survival +9; Swim +5

Fog you can't burn domain spells

Cheliax

Wintergreen's CE PA IT Geek 10/Daddy 6/Physicist 3/Cartographer 1/Runner 1

Damnit that's true, burn Bless instead then.


Male Human Husband 7 /Father 6/ H.D.S.S. 2/Programmer 2/ QC tech 3

Sorry, I just got back from Totalcon and I'm getting ready for Genericon so I have my GM hat on.

Cheliax

Wintergreen's CE PA IT Geek 10/Daddy 6/Physicist 3/Cartographer 1/Runner 1

Ahh, don't worry about it, I need pulling up on these things regularly :)


Sekhemre has it right about hiding the bodies. The entire skirmish took place in full view of several dock side taverns and already one word is beginning to stand out among the murmur of the crowd... "gnoll"

The sailor cringes away from Sekhemre's jagged teeth, "Th- the crew is on leave. Just us, the foreman," he nods at the fallen gnoll, "and the Captain down below. All the slaves are at the oars, 'cept the one high class lookin broad. They got her in the Pen I reckon."

Sek- by the smell you'd guess the vial is a potion of cure light wounds.

Andoran

Defense:
AC 30; Tch 15; FF 28; CMD 24; DR 3/-; hp 60; Fort: 10; Ref: +7; Will: +8
Offense:
Init +2; Spd 20ft; CMB +11; Ixthalos +13/+8 (1d10+7/ 19-20/ x2); Longbow +10/+5 (1d8+2/ x3/ 110ft)
Skills:
Climb +5; Diplomacy +8; Heal +8; Intimidate +7; Knowledge (Dungeon & Nature +4; Planes +1); Perception +12; Profession (Sailor) +6; Spellcraft +5; Survival +9; Swim +5

Alright, lets give the captain a visit then.

Andoran

Male Dwarf HP: 23[23] AC: 23 Firebolt 7[7] +3 (1d6) Channel: 5[5] 1d6 Endure Elements

Fog grins, nods and cracks his knuckles.


That involves going down the ladder. Order?


There are also two ladders. One ahead of the mast and one behind. They are about 55-60 feet apart.

Cheliax

Wadi asks, "And where exactly is this Pen on the ship?"

After he gets a reply he thinks for a moment before saying to his fellow Pathfinders, "We need to cover both exits, to keep the Captain from escaping. Since he is most likely towards the stern of the ship, I suggest Sek, Kayluss, and Aldred take the aft ladder, while the rest of us go down the other one. Good plan?"

Andoran

Male Half Elf Bard 2

"Suits me fine Wadi," says Aldred, heading for the ladder that Wadi indicated.

Taldor

Fey Sorcerer 8 | HP 55/55 | AC 15, Touch 13, Flat Footed 13 | CMD 14 | Fort: +7, Ref: +6, Will +8 | Init. +6 | Perception +2 | SM 0

"That's fine with me as well. Let's get down there and find the Lady!"

Osirion

Male Elf Alchemist (Beastmorph) 3

"Agreed, we should deal with the 'Captain' as soon as possible."

Immediately prior to going down the ladder, Sekhemre will drink another Shield extract.

Andoran

Male Half Elf Bard 2

Aldred let’s Kayluss and Sek go down the ladder ahead of him.


"The Punishment Pen? In the bow of the ship. Next to Snarl's room."

Okay- time for init rolls everyone.

Cheliax

Initiative 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

Andoran

Male Half Elf Bard 2

Init: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10

Taldor

Fey Sorcerer 8 | HP 55/55 | AC 15, Touch 13, Flat Footed 13 | CMD 14 | Fort: +7, Ref: +6, Will +8 | Init. +6 | Perception +2 | SM 0

Init 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8

Osirion

Male Elf Alchemist (Beastmorph) 3

Initiative: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (5) + 8 = 13.

1,151 to 1,200 of 3,069 << first < prev | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Ith's PFS pbp All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.