Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

Ith's PFS pbp

Game Master ithuriel


1,101 to 1,150 of 3,069 << first < prev | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | next > last >>
Andoran

Male Dwarf HP: 23[23] AC: 23 Firebolt 7[7] +3 (1d6) Channel: 5[5] 1d6 Endure Elements

5ft step backwords, and cast Burning Disarm at the nearest halfling. It gets a reflex save DC12 to drop the weapon, or takes 1d4 damage.

Fog steps back, and calls upon Sarenrae.

Cheliax

Wadi shakes his head at the attempts to deal with these gangster halflings without killing them, but he does strike at the one next to him and lessens his blow.

Attack halfling nonlethal 1d20 + 1 - 4 ⇒ (20) + 1 - 4 = 17 nonlethal
Crit? 1d20 + 1 - 4 ⇒ (7) + 1 - 4 = 4 nonlethal
Damage 1d6 ⇒ 6 nonlethal
Crit damage 1d6 ⇒ 1 nonlethal

Andoran

Male Half Elf Bard 2

Wadi, don't forget inspire courage bonuses.

Cheliax

Sorry, I forgot the Inspire bonuses so Wadi did 7 points of nonlethal damage.

Andoran

Male Human Fighter 1/ Ranger 1

Kayluss snarls at the halfling as he swings his shield in a back handed arch and draws Ixthalos.
Attack:1d20 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7
Damage:1d4 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5


Fog steps back invoking Sarenrae. The knifer on Wadi suddenly cries out in surprise and pain and drops his blade. Wadi seizes the opportunity to smash him in the face with a club. Despite holding back, the little guy catches the blow full in the face and ends up staggering with a broken nose flattened against his face. From behind the barrel Alie begins her sing-song faerie magic and Kayluss throws a wide sweeping blow with his shield. Too slow for the little assassin in front of him who ducks it with ease.

Not realizing that his blade had been caught by Sek's chain shirt every time, the lead slip snarls "Ya ask a few too many questions fer the big man's taste ya ugly bastard. Gonna be yer last mistake."

Camm Reflex 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 20, weapon dropped

Aldred is up and then back to the halflings.

Map

Osirion

Male Elf Alchemist (Beastmorph) 3

I think that Sekhemre goes before them?

Round 2:

16/18 hp, AC 23/16/17, CMD 19, Mutagen(Dexterity).

Sekhemre snarls, and unleashes a flurry of blows on the Halflings around him!

Claw: 1d20 + 8 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 8 + 1 = 12, for 1d6 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 + 1 = 3 S/B damage.
Claw: 1d20 + 8 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 8 + 1 = 11, for 1d6 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 + 1 = 8 S/B damage.
Bite: 1d20 + 8 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 8 + 1 = 17, for 1d8 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 + 1 = 4 P/S/B damage.

Andoran

Male Half Elf Bard 2

Aldred will maintain his inspire courage as a free action.
Move action, he’ll move 25 feet (around Fog) to flank the ungreased halfling with Sek, avoiding AoOs.
Standard action, he’ll attack the halfling.
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12 Damage: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5


Sek- only the bite hits even including the flank. Are you biting the disarmed one with a broken nose between you and Aldred or one of the ones in the grease?

Osirion

Male Elf Alchemist (Beastmorph) 3

I would probably have tried to start with the one I thought was easier to hit; i.e. the one Sekhemre is flanking.


Aldred forces his way through the crowd, leaving the unarmed halfling in a tight spot. Monstrous Sek takes advantage by lunging in and snapping his jaws on his face. The little guy barely manages to scream before he faints dead away dropping limp in Sek's oversized jaws.

The archers keep up their fire on Fog with one of them managing to get under his shield and graze his calf on it's way to the wooden planks.

By now some of the crowd is starting to get to a safe enough distance to become spectators. Dockworkers climb up on top of crates to get a better look. Sailors on leave at the dock bars climb on their stools to see the action. A couple of sailors on the No Return even drop their work to watch the excitement. The crowd seems to be cheering for the halflings almost exclusively. A sailor onboard the ship calls out, "Come on little man! Kick that demon in the nuts!" A dockworker cheers when the archer hits Fog, "Ohhh! Nice one!"

Spirits renewed by the spectators, the two on Sek redouble their efforts to bring him down, but they hadn't yet realized how much his chain shirt was blunting their blows and his new form was far too agile for them to keep up with him.

Aldred- everything is still difficult terrain until the end of round 2 due to the crowd trying to get away, so you weren't able to move 25 feet and attack, but it's all the same as you would have missed.

Alphin 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (16) + 3 = 19, Damage 1d4 ⇒ 4
Escher 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7
Bunky 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10
Denny 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 13

Init:
Aldred 22
Sekhemre 17+
Puddlejumpers 17
Fog 17-
Alie 12
Kayluss 9
Wadi 8

You guys are up now.
Map is updated, same link as above.

Andoran

Male Human Fighter 1/ Ranger 1

Disgusted with his shield, Kayluss lets it fall to the ground at his feet. Grasping Ixthalos with both hands he brings it down on the halfling in front of him.
Attack:1d20 + 8 ⇒ (9) + 8 = 17
Damage:1d10 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10

Forgot Inspire Courage was up: 18 & 11

Andoran

Male Dwarf HP: 23[23] AC: 23 Firebolt 7[7] +3 (1d6) Channel: 5[5] 1d6 Endure Elements

Fog snarls in pain at the olt, and furrows his brow at the geers from the ship. He points his scimitar at the one who shot him, and a blast of flame leaves the tip.

Firebolt: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 15 dmg: 1d6 ⇒ 1

Taldor

Fey Sorcerer 8 | HP 55/55 | AC 15, Touch 13, Flat Footed 13 | CMD 14 | Fort: +7, Ref: +6, Will +8 | Init. +6 | Perception +2 | SM 0

Alie finishes casting her sleep spell hoping to incapacitate as many attackers as possible. (DC18)

HP 12/16

Andoran

Male Half Elf Bard 2

Alie, are you casting at the ones up on the roof or on the ground?

Andoran

Male Half Elf Bard 2

Sorry Ith, forgot about the difficult terrain.

Andoran

Male Half Elf Bard 2

“Let’s try not to kill these haflings,” Aldred weaves the warning into the words of his song, well aware of the number of witnesses, as well as keeping in mind that the Puddlejumpers are supposedly freed slaves who presumably have a sense of misplaced loyalty towards Pildapush.

Will maintain inspire courage this round, but action might depend on the results of targets of Alie’s spell. Is there a way up to the roof where the archers are, without scaling the walls?

Osirion

Male Elf Alchemist (Beastmorph) 3

Aiming at the roof-top halflings is probably better; we are, as a party, better at dealing with close-combat attacks ;-)


Will saves
Alphin 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2
Esher 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2
That will be both archers out cold.

Andoran

Male Human Fighter 1/ Ranger 1

Sorry it might be a bit too late to save all of them.....

Osirion

Male Elf Alchemist (Beastmorph) 3

Sekhemre goes to town on the two conscious halflings...

Round 3:

16/18 hp, AC 23/16/17, CMD 19, Mutagen(Dexterity).

Claw: 1d20 + 8 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 8 + 1 = 25, for 1d6 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 + 1 = 4 S/B damage.

Claw: 1d20 + 8 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 8 + 1 = 16, for 1d6 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 + 1 = 3 S/B damage.

Bite: 1d20 + 8 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 8 + 1 = 23, for 1d8 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 + 1 = 8 S/B damage.

Andoran

Male Half Elf Bard 2

Aldred looks for a way up to the rooftop where the archers are.

Cheliax

Wadi nods, "Not a bad idea, maybe one of these Puddlejumpers knows where our cargo is located."

Seeing no combatants around him, he will assist Aldred in looking for a way to reach the roof.

Andoran

Male Human Fighter 1/ Ranger 1

Kayluss nudges one of the halflings with his foot.


Fog snarls in pain at the bolt, and furrows his brow at the jeers from the ship. He points his scimitar at the halfling on the roof who shot him and fires off a blast of flame from the tip. The blazing ray barely reaches the rooftop, but the halfling ducks down at the last second disappearing from view. Just then though, Alie's sparkling cloud of faerie dust settles over the entire roof of the tiny building. The other one who was just drawing another arrow suddenly yawns and slumps over dead asleep.

And that was the moment when the knifers' luck ran out. Disgusted with his shield, Kayluss lets it fall to the ground at his feet. Grasping Ixthalos with both hands he brings it down on the halfling in front of him slashing deep and dropping him like a sack of potatoes. Next to him Sekhemre yanks the other one off his feet, claws digging deep in his torso and bites deep into his throat. The knifer spasms and jerks in his grip until the monster drops him where he flops around like a fish gasping on the greased boards while bleeding out.

The whoops of the crowd die out to a tense hush as the last Puddlejumper drops until one drunk on the porch of a nearby bar starts clapping and cheering for your victory and the joy of the spectacle. His enthusiasm is contagious and the crowd either begins dispersing or joins in applauding the show.

Aldred and Wadi jog over to the tiny hammock renting "inn" where the snipers were positioned. There isn't an easy way up, but it looks like they could scale a vine covered trellis to get up there.

Climb DC 15, 1/4 movement, 10 feet high.
Requires two move actions to get to the top.
Both Wadi and Aldred used one move action to get over there.
I don't think we are tracking any round by round buffs so we can drop out of init at this point.

Andoran

Male Human Fighter 1/ Ranger 1

Kayluss takes the silk rope and grappling hook from his back pack and tosses it to Wadi before looking to the halflings on the dock. The fighter morosely checks each body for signs of life and, if finding none, he quickly removes any valuables before pushing the bodies into the water.

If he finds one that still has some life in him Kayluss tends to their wounds before tying them up with the scraps from their own clothes.

Heal:10+6 = 16

Cheliax

Wadi nods in appreciation and grimaces at the dead bodies littering the dock. I wish this had not been so bloody... he thinks before he tosses the rope trying to gain easier access up the trellis.

Throw Grapple hook ranged 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14


Kayluss kneels down to examine the downed halflings for signs of life. It looks like a set of studded leather armor may have saved the life of the one he cut down, though he has passed out from the pain and shock. Sekhemre's victim however is another story. He is rapidly bleeding out from a neck wound and will undoubtedly be dead in seconds without attention. The ranger roughly rips the shirt sleeves off the little guy and applies pressure to the wound while Wadi and Aldred secure the grappling hook.

You manage to stabilize him on the brink of death. The other one stabilizes on his own.
No use of healer's kit for the roll.
They have basically nothing of value. One short sword and a set of studded leather each.

GM Screen:

Spoiler:

Stabilization checks
Bunky
1d20 + 0 ⇒ (8) + 0 = 8, -8 Kayluss retrieves and tosses grappling hook
1d20 + 0 ⇒ (7) + 0 = 7, -9 Rips bandages.
1d20 + 0 ⇒ (16) + 0 = 16, -10 Heal check
1d20 + 0 ⇒ (15) + 0 = 15, dead
Denny
1d20 + 0 ⇒ (18) + 0 = 18, stabilized

Taldor

Fey Sorcerer 8 | HP 55/55 | AC 15, Touch 13, Flat Footed 13 | CMD 14 | Fort: +7, Ref: +6, Will +8 | Init. +6 | Perception +2 | SM 0

"That's what you get for firing arrows at innocent people. You are giving we smaller folk a bad name," Alie lectures no one in particular, still angry about the arrow she was hit with.

Andoran

Male Half Elf Bard 2

Aldred attempts to climb the rope once Wadi has fixed it securely, bracing his feet against the wall.

With the rope in place, the Climb DC should be lower than 15. In that case, Aldred will take 10 on his climb checks.

“Alie’s spell should last a few minutes,” he tells Wadi. “If we move them gently we shouldn’t wake them; let’s tie them up before we wake them. Got any rope?”

If he can get up there, Aldred does just that. If Wadi has no rope, Aldred rips strips off the shirt of the spare artisan’s outfit in his pack to bind their hands behind their backs after disarming them and throwing their weapons to the ground below.

From this vantage point Aldred will also have a look along the docks for the ship they are looking for. Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (5) + 8 = 13

Cheliax

Wadi will also take 10 on his Climb checks. Unfortunately Wadi does not have any rope, but he can use pieces of his entertainers outfit if necessary. As Aldred scans the area, Wadi helps him look. Perception 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 1 = 12

Andoran

Male Human Fighter 1/ Ranger 1

Kayluss drags the stable but unconscious halflings over the the side of the building off of the boardwalk and helps Wadi and Aldred get the ones on the roof down to join their friends.

Andoran

Male Dwarf HP: 23[23] AC: 23 Firebolt 7[7] +3 (1d6) Channel: 5[5] 1d6 Endure Elements

Once the halflings are secured, Fog will blow a healing burst to make sure they aren't going to bleed to death. Anyone who took any damage, stick close.


Within a few minutes the halflings are bound, but awake in a pile on the boardwalk. Some look on apprehensively, others defiantly. One of the latter speaks up, "Well you got us. What now boss?" Considering Sekhemre's current monstrous form the pedestrians are keeping a wide berth with gawkers pointing and whispering to each other.

The bartender of the Pilfered Parrot calls out, "Watch comes through couple times an hour. Ought to be through in a while."

At the same time the sailors on board the No Return have started jeering you, "Nice one! Watch out, there are some dangerous looking women and children in the tavern there. Better get that under control tough guys!"

Fog- You need to roll for the healing channel.

Andoran

Male Dwarf HP: 23[23] AC: 23 Firebolt 7[7] +3 (1d6) Channel: 5[5] 1d6 Endure Elements

Healing...1d6 ⇒ 5

Fog turns from the halflings, and looks murderously at the men on the ship. He's obviously tempted to fire a shot off at them.

"They have a point. We need to get these out of sight before the wtach come."

Andoran

Male Human Fighter 1/ Ranger 1

Boss? Unless you're willing to pay Pildapus a visit at give him the shivs that were meant for us I think we're just gong to leave you for the guard to clean up. I imagine some time in the Brine might make you rethinks some of your career choices.
Turning to his companions, Well we might as well finish what we started. Motioning his head towards the No Return.

Andoran

Male Dwarf HP: 23[23] AC: 23 Firebolt 7[7] +3 (1d6) Channel: 5[5] 1d6 Endure Elements

Fog grins quite menacingly, and takes his crossbow out to load, and prepare it.

Osirion

Male Elf Alchemist (Beastmorph) 3

Sekhemre licks his lips, flexes his claws, and nods.

"Agreed."

He then downs a vial (A Shield extract.), and starts moving towards the ship...

Taldor

Fey Sorcerer 8 | HP 55/55 | AC 15, Touch 13, Flat Footed 13 | CMD 14 | Fort: +7, Ref: +6, Will +8 | Init. +6 | Perception +2 | SM 0

"I agree. Lets leave this trash for the guards to collect. I'm sure someone will be arou d to give them a statement about what happened."


"You sure about that, freakshow?" One of the sailors shouts as Sek starts heading their way. He pulls a hammer from his tool belt, "You think yer up to taking on full grown men now?" The other one moves to help defend the main gang plank pulling his own hammer free and growls, "Snarl! Trouble!"

Intimidate vs Sekhemre 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13
Inits:
Sailor 1 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3
Sailor 2 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3
Snarl 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

Sek- Current AC is 26 right? Was setting it on the icon for my reference. I got:
(10 +4 armor, +4 shield, +6 dex, +2 natural)

Cheliax

Wadi turns to Aldred with a concerned look, "It looks like Sek found the ship already and those sailors don't sound too happy about it. We need to help him out." Once finished tying up the halfling snipers, he unloads his crossbow and nocks a bolt. "We need to cover him."


The ship is the same one on the map before if it wasn't clear. You've been standing alongside it for several minutes now.

Andoran

Male Half Elf Bard 2

“Right,” nods Aldred, unlimbering his sling. “It was right there in front of us the whole time ...”

If Aldred had time he would have gotten back down to ground level – not sure?

Either way, init: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11

Osirion

Male Elf Alchemist (Beastmorph) 3

AC 26 is correct.


Aldred> I was assuming you all were on the ground after you got the halflings down, tied them up and huddled up for a healing burst.

Need Inits everyone.

Cheliax

Sorry about that Ith.
Init 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 1 = 10

Osirion

Male Elf Alchemist (Beastmorph) 3

Initiative: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (1) + 8 = 9.

In case you were wondering, my Initiative bonus is two higher than normal because of the mutagen I am using at present...

Taldor

Fey Sorcerer 8 | HP 55/55 | AC 15, Touch 13, Flat Footed 13 | CMD 14 | Fort: +7, Ref: +6, Will +8 | Init. +6 | Perception +2 | SM 0

Init. 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 = 12

Andoran

Male Human Fighter 1/ Ranger 1

Initiative:1d20 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

Leaving his shield on his back and Ixthalos in its sheath for now, Kayluss grabs his bow as he moves towards the ship, notching an arrow as he approaches.

Bout time we had a decent fight.

Just as Sek reaches the gangplank the Kayluss raises his bow and fires at the sailor blocking the approach.

Attack:1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 17
Damage:1d8 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6


Alie 12
Aldred 11
Wadi 10
Sek 9
Fog 7
Kayluss 5+
Snarl 5
Sailor 1 3
Sailor 2 3

Fog 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (7) + 0 = 7

Map

1,101 to 1,150 of 3,069 << first < prev | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Ith's PFS pbp All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.