Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends


Ith's PFS pbp

Game Master ithuriel


1,051 to 1,100 of 3,069 << first < prev | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | next > last >>

Wadi>

Spoiler:
I will leaves that in your hands. There are any number of approaches you could take. Additionally you know enough now that it is clear you will be tracking Lady Salhar down to whoever bought her. It is possible that she isn't their only purchase.

Taldor

Fey Sorcerer 8 | HP 55/55 | AC 15, Touch 13, Flat Footed 13 | CMD 14 | Fort: +7, Ref: +6, Will +8 | Init. +6 | Perception +2 | SM 0

'Trust me, sir, please just tell us who you transacted with, so we can be on our way. My companions are clearly getting uncomfortable, and bad things happen when that occurs.'

Andoran

Male Half Elf Bard 2

Aldred’s diplomatic words die on his lips at the sight of the caged women. With an effort he tries to keep visible signs of his anger in check by quietly humming a tune under his breath Bluff, using perform; sing: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (11) + 11 = 22, remaining near the back of the group and trying to concentrate on the fat slaver’s words rather than the situation Sense Motive using perform, sing (versatile performance): 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (19) + 11 = 30.

Cheliax

Wadi studies the slaves in the cages, his face calm but inside his emotions are churning. He stares at the slaves faces for a few seconds and then looks up at Pardu, a small smile on his face.

"Pardu, we will certainly be on our way forthwith, but I am concerned about others who may be interested in the whereabouts of the fair Lady. Perhaps those who have taken an interest could be persuaded to be misled." His gaze returns to the slaves as he continues, "Such a service is worth a sizeable investement, wouldn't you say?"

Bluff 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (12) + 8 = 20 to convince Pardu to turn over his slaves to Wadi's keeping.


"Yes yes- the client." He looks back down at the log and reads off, "A Katapeshi slave ship registered as the No Return. Captain Gnarl Bonegather." Looking back up he offers flatly, "As you might have realized from the name the Captain is a gnoll. I do not know where the [i]No Return[/] is docked, nor whether they are still docked in Absalom, but it is highly likely they have been unable to leave due to the Harbormaster's inspections."

When Wadi chimes in at the end, Pardu chuckles, "Ahh Pathfinders. You had me worried there for a bit, but you are reliable in the end. So it comes down to money."

Aldred-

Spoiler:
You are certain that there was a momentary flash of recognition in Pardu's eyes during your surprise entry. He recovered quickly, but it was there in that first unguarded moment.

Additionally you are dead certain that he is lying when he insists that he had no idea who Lady Salhar was when he bought and sold her.

Alie-

Spoiler:
Your faction mission was to make sure no one finds out Renmil is a Taldan spy. It seems that no one is interested in finding out who the kidnapper works for so you may get a free pass on your mission.

Wadi-

Spoiler:
At the moment it sounds like you are asking for a pay off to get the Osirion's off his back or maybe money to "forget" about him in what you have to report? It is a little unclear. Either way you'll need to be explicit that you want the slaves in payment.

Does your character know what a gnoll is? Kn Local DC 11

Something about gnolls in Absalom: Kn Local DC 15

Cheliax

DM Ith:
Yeah that was left a little vague, I wanted to leave it vague so as to make the bluff easier to work, sorry about that.

Wadi returns the smile, "Yes, money is indeed the fuel of commerce. However if you find it difficult to procure enough money now, I would accept your two slaves as recompense."

Knowledge Local (untrained) 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14

Andoran

Male Dwarf HP: 23[23] AC: 23 Firebolt 7[7] +3 (1d6) Channel: 5[5] 1d6 Endure Elements

Knowledge local, untrained: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12

Beginning to get visibly impatient, Fog huffs at the information provided.


Knowledge rolls have the typical capped at 10 if you have no ranks rule. Aldred will be able to get both by taking 10, so...

1)Gnolls are abnormally tall but hunched hyena men native to Katapesh, but ranging across the plains of the Mwangi Expanse as well. They consider katapesh to be their birthplace and typically worship Lamashtu- the mother of beasts as their creator.

2) Gnolls are barred entry from Absalom. Their presence in the city is illegal due to incidents long forgotten, but still codified into the laws of the city.


Pardu chuckles as he leans back shifting in his chair, "Oh you would, would you? These ladies are worth a lot of money friend. It would be significantly less expensive for me to just bribe the Token guard to arrest you for breaking into my place of business. But I can see you are a man of discerning tastes and either would be a prize. The eastern one is truly a rare beauty so far from her home and I could not possibly part with her for less than five hundred crowns. The redhead..." he shrugs, "in exchange for your discretion in these matters I would be willing to take the loss and let her go for one hundred gold crowns.

Sense Motive and or Appraise

Cheliax

Wadi watches the slaver closely watching for any signs of deception.

Sense Motive 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9

Taldor

Fey Sorcerer 8 | HP 55/55 | AC 15, Touch 13, Flat Footed 13 | CMD 14 | Fort: +7, Ref: +6, Will +8 | Init. +6 | Perception +2 | SM 0

Diplomacy 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (18) + 10 = 28

Alie attempts to appeal to the man's sense of discretion. "Wouldn't it be much easier to just sell the ladies to us, at a slight discount, rather than you having to care for them, or worse yet for everyone getting the authorities involved? We would appreciate any dealings we might be able to agree to, and would hastily depart thereafter.

Andoran

Male Half Elf Bard 2

Sense motive: 2+11 (versatile performance): 13
Appraise (untrained if allowed): 17+1: 18.

Aldred has something to add before we close negotiations or leave here but exactly what depends partly on results of above checks.

Andoran

Male Dwarf HP: 23[23] AC: 23 Firebolt 7[7] +3 (1d6) Channel: 5[5] 1d6 Endure Elements

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10
Appraise: 1d20 ⇒ 15


Sense Motive 10+

Spoiler:
The Vudrani slaver clearly intends to haggle over the price. Consider his offers an opening bid.

Appraise DC 16-19

Spoiler:
Pardu's prices seem fairly inflated. That Eastern girl has the tanned arms and calloused hands of a field worker. He has dressed a peasant up and is trying to pass her off as a cultured exotic slave at that price. Not 500. Maybe 80-120 at most. The redhead you would guess might go for 70-80 crowns.

Appraise DC 15 or lower

Spoiler:
Five hundred sounds like a bargain when you consider how expensive it must be to transport someone so far and how rare they would be as a household servant in the Inner Sea region. You don't know about the redhead, but she would be cute if cleaned up.

Cheliax

Appraise 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15

Andoran

Male Dwarf HP: 23[23] AC: 23 Firebolt 7[7] +3 (1d6) Channel: 5[5] 1d6 Endure Elements

"Do we have time to barter?" Fog has a look that says "just give the man the money and lets get going" loud enough to be screaming for a dwarf, but he knows better than to say as much.

Andoran

Fighter (Armor Master) 7/ Ranger 1
Defense:
AC 30; Tch 15; FF 28; CMD 25; DR 3/-; hp 68/68; Fort: 10; Ref: +7; Will: +8
Offense:
Init +2; Spd 20ft; CMB +11; Ixthalos +14/+9 (1d10+7/ 17-20/ x2); Longbow +11/+6 (1d8+2/ x3/ 110ft)
Skills:
Climb +6; Diplomacy +9; Heal +8; Intimidate +9; Knowledge (Dungeon & Nature +4; Planes +1); Perception +13; Profession (Sailor) +6; Spellcraft +5; Survival +10; Swim +6

Sense Motive:1d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 13

Osirion

Male Elf Alchemist (Beastmorph) 3

Sense Motive: 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (16) - 2 = 14.
Appraise: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (20) + 9 = 29.

Sekhemre casts a careful eye over both slaves, before adding conversationally, "Now now, she may be from the East, but I dare say you got her at a bargain price - she has the look of a peasant used to hard work in the fields; just look at those calluses! She would be worth barely a tenth of your asking price."

In case it is unclear, I am working on the assumption that haggling *will* occur - I realise I made a 'low' counter-offer ;-)

Andoran

Male Half Elf Bard 2

Aldred steps forward and offers the slave trader a smooth bow, despite his feelings for the man and his business.

“You are clearly a shrewd business man Mister Pardu, and a man of intelligence. While I myself abhor the practice of putting a price on the life of another intelligent being, doing so is legal in this city, so I cannot hold you doing so against your good character. I can and will hold the particular price you ask against you though – as my associate says, it is far too high as such things are measured in this city.”

Aldred looks sidelong at his companions then continues, his tone taking on a singsong, lilting quality. “Since we are bargaining, I have a different proposal to the one that my associates are angling for. You say Mister Pardu, that this Renmil Emprey tricked you, but I cannot believe it – not in someone of your intelligence and shrewd business sense! No, you and I both know that you knew who Lady Salhar was when you purchased her, or deduced her identity soon afterwards – let us not pretend otherwise, you and I are above such games. You would have deduced too that someone would be on her trail, whether Pathfinders or others. You have an excellent Towers face Mister Pardu, but I too am partial to card games, and I saw the moment we walked in that you were not overly surprised by our intrusion. Now, while the slave trade is certainly legal here in Absalom as you well know, kidnapping important noble women is not, nor I dare say is profiting in any way from such a kidnapping … particularly when such an event threatens to envelope the city in an international incident and cut off the Osiriani antiquities trade.

“Whether or not you have documents here that prove Lady Salhar’s identity,” Aldred watches carefully for any sign that Pardu does have such documents – a glance in a particular direction, a widening of the eyes or such, “someone – be it a member of the Guard or one of the Grand Ambassador’s men – is going to trace this to you; we did after all. But of course, you’ve considered that, and being the shrewd operator that you are you will have made contingencies. So to for the fact that you have been dealing with gnolls, despite those creatures being banned from the city by old charter. So contingencies – information to pass on to those seeking Lady Salhar, so as to remove yourself from the firing line. Information such as the dock where the No Return lies, and the identity of Emprey’s patron.

“So here is my offer; we will use the information you provide us with to find the Lady Salhar quickly, and thus cause the Grand Ambassador to call off his thugs; thick as they are they will surely find you sooner or later otherwise, and I imagine they will be none too gentle. In addition we will not report your transactions involving the kidnapped noblewoman to the Ambassador, nor your rather illegal, if surely profitable dealings with gnolls to the authorities. Come dear Pardu, you know as well as I do that the Token Guard, and indeed the Primarch would be far more concerned about such things than of a band of Pathfinders entering a shop after hours – did you not comment yourself that you may have left the door unlocked?

“In return for our integrity on these matters, which I think a fine businessman like yourself must agree is worth far more than the price of one slave girl, I ask for the dock where we will find the No Return, the name of Emprey’s patron, and that you grant both these women their freedom and allow them to leave under our protection – or, if your fine mercantile ethics,” (Aldred tries very, very hard to keep any hint of sarcasm or bitterness from his voice here), “prevent you from simply letting them go, then sell them to us for a gold piece each.

“So, fine and wise Mister Pardu, what is your counter-offer to my proposal? Please do make it one that gentlemen of intelligence and import such as you and I can see eye to eye on, as it would benefit no one if our silence on your recent dealings came to naught, should the Lady have left the city and the Ambassador’s men finally track you down …”

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (12) + 8 = 20

Andoran

Male Half Elf Bard 2

Ugh ... I've been trying for over 12 hours to complete that post ... I seem to have less time on holidays than when I'm at work!


Pardu was just about to speak in protest to Sekhemre's counter when Aldred caught his attention. The obese swarthy slaver shifts in his seat to face Aldred and listens, the slightly amused expression of a professional haggler setting in to business slowly giving way to a stony neutrality. While the Andoran lays out the situation Pardu puts his ledger away and placing his elbows on the desk steeples his fingers, listening intently. When Aldred's terms include releasing the two women he clenches his jaw but it quickly transitions into a forced smile as false as the day is long. "You make a number of salient points my friend. I agree- your assistance in smoothing over this unfortunate incident would be worth more than perhaps I initially thought. I agree to your terms on the condition that you personally speak in my defense should this matter find its way to a court of law in Absalom. An orator with your skills willing to vouch that I had no idea who the Lady Salhar was when I was deceived by the Wren would go a long way in the eyes of the Council. Do we have an agreement?"

...and we're back on!
Awesome post Mothman :)

Aldred

Spoiler:
Pardu's face doesn't reveal anything, but a moment after Aldred mentions documents he closes the ledger he had out and places it back in the desk drawer while maintaining eye contact.

Andoran

Male Half Elf Bard 2

Aldred quirks an eyebrow ... this was an unexpected turn. To potentially defend a slaver in order to free two slaves? But then, when he factored in the potential to fee Lady Salhar and any other slaves on the No Return, as well as completing their mission for the Pathfinders ... the truth was Pardu was a bit player in a city where slavery was entirely legal. Defending him would not overly harm the Andoran cause, though it might harm Aldred’s own reputation amongst his countrymen – without the right spin on it.

“Agreed,” says Aldred. “Although if I am going to defend your good reputation it would behove me to view that ledger in your desk. To convince a magistrate that a man of your standing and business reputation was duped, I must know how much of the truth I need to stretch, and whether or not that ledger holds admissible records of your transaction or just vague allusions.”

Is this ok with everyone in the group?


Pardu offers a sour smile in response to the request to see his ledger, but does retrieve it, opens it to the last page and makes a quick note sliding it over to Aldred. "Sign there please. I am glad to see your Society fielding men of reason. One hears rumors you know. We delivered Lady Anilah to the No Return at the Warpwood Docks across from the Ticklefish Tavern. As for Rennmil, well- being a spy he doesn't exactly go advertising his affiliations, but... people talk. I have heard a few theories. Originally we though he worked for the Emir of Thuvia, but I'm not so sure anymore. Over time I have come to believe he planted those rumors himself. No- now I am more or less certain that he works for..."

Last line in the Ledger...

Merchandise----------- Seller---------- Paid----- Purchased by------------ Received
Lady Salhar Drehmet-- Renmil Emprey--- 500 gp--- Cpt. Gnarl Bonegather--- 1000 gp

Anoula Valrohs----------- Giles Mamet----- 35 gp ----- _________________ --- Barter for Legal Services

Sakaki Chiyo ------------ Harrett Colson-- 55 gp ---- __________________ --- Barter for Legal Services

Alie

Spoiler:
You better interject to cut him off or redirect his theory or you will lose this prestige point.

Taldor

Fey Sorcerer 8 | HP 55/55 | AC 15, Touch 13, Flat Footed 13 | CMD 14 | Fort: +7, Ref: +6, Will +8 | Init. +6 | Perception +2 | SM 0

"Captain Gnarl Bonegather? Tell us more about where we find him? Time is wasting to recue the Lady Salhar."

Andoran

Fighter (Armor Master) 7/ Ranger 1
Defense:
AC 30; Tch 15; FF 28; CMD 25; DR 3/-; hp 68/68; Fort: 10; Ref: +7; Will: +8
Offense:
Init +2; Spd 20ft; CMB +11; Ixthalos +14/+9 (1d10+7/ 17-20/ x2); Longbow +11/+6 (1d8+2/ x3/ 110ft)
Skills:
Climb +6; Diplomacy +9; Heal +8; Intimidate +9; Knowledge (Dungeon & Nature +4; Planes +1); Perception +13; Profession (Sailor) +6; Spellcraft +5; Survival +10; Swim +6

Kayluss while not 'OK' with the arrangement knows better than to object give the parties current location, but that doesn't stop the fighter from glaring at the slaver as he moves behind the desk to help free the two women.

Cheliax

Wadi looks over the two slave girls recently acquired by Aldred's skillful negotiations. I have to buy him a drink once this mission is over. He gives the two slaves an encouraging smile, and whispers "Relax, ladies. Everything will be ok now, I will personally see to it."

DM Ith:
As soon as Wadi can get the two slaves alone, he will slip one of the girls a silk pocket squares given to him by the Paracountess. "This will grant you your freedom. Take this to Gazlak Amelin at the Emboldened Lamb pub, and he will help you further."


Pardu pulls a small ring of keys from his pocket and tosses it to Kayluss when he approaches the cages. When Alie cuts him off, he thinks for moment then replies, "Almost certainly on board the No Return considering the ban on gnolls. I imagine he would be obliged to stay below deck when in Absalom. Most of our business was done by courier, though he did arrive in a private carriage by night for the final transaction. Even then he was cloaked and must have paid the Token guard a small fortune for entrance to the Pits."

Andoran

Fighter (Armor Master) 7/ Ranger 1
Defense:
AC 30; Tch 15; FF 28; CMD 25; DR 3/-; hp 68/68; Fort: 10; Ref: +7; Will: +8
Offense:
Init +2; Spd 20ft; CMB +11; Ixthalos +14/+9 (1d10+7/ 17-20/ x2); Longbow +11/+6 (1d8+2/ x3/ 110ft)
Skills:
Climb +6; Diplomacy +9; Heal +8; Intimidate +9; Knowledge (Dungeon & Nature +4; Planes +1); Perception +13; Profession (Sailor) +6; Spellcraft +5; Survival +10; Swim +6

Kayluss helps the women out of the cages giving one of the me his cloak.
Looking at rest of the party he asks dryly, Are we done here?

Taldor

Fey Sorcerer 8 | HP 55/55 | AC 15, Touch 13, Flat Footed 13 | CMD 14 | Fort: +7, Ref: +6, Will +8 | Init. +6 | Perception +2 | SM 0

"I can't think of anything else we need from this fellow right now," Alie says, helping the women along to safety. "Let's get out of here.

Andoran

Male Half Elf Bard 2

"Time is wasting," agrees Aldred. He takes the ledger, then speaks softly to the two women. "You have your freedom," he says. "Stay with us until we pass the Token Guards then go where you will. If you have no one to turn to in this city, might I suggest you seek succor at the Andoran Embassy. Tell them what happened here, mention my name, Aldred of Augustana, they should be able to find a safe place for you."


Pardu ensures that Aldred has signed the ledger for his transactions and bids you all farewell with a tight smile while you usher his previous slaves out of the office. Anoula and Sakaki are effusive in their thanks and although uncertain about what happens now are quickly assured by Wadi and Aldred.

The Ticklefish Tavern on Warpwood Pier is easy enough to find by asking around. In the end it is a run down section of the docks near the Puddles and the stench of not so fresh fish and the general smell of the harbor hangs over everything. The Tavern and the No Return should be just a little farther down the dock.

Give me some Perception and preemptive init rolls here.

Andoran

Male Half Elf Bard 2

Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (20) + 8 = 28 Init: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 = 22

Taldor

Fey Sorcerer 8 | HP 55/55 | AC 15, Touch 13, Flat Footed 13 | CMD 14 | Fort: +7, Ref: +6, Will +8 | Init. +6 | Perception +2 | SM 0

Init 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 = 12

Perception 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15

Cheliax

Perception 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6
Initiative 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8

Andoran

Fighter (Armor Master) 7/ Ranger 1
Defense:
AC 30; Tch 15; FF 28; CMD 25; DR 3/-; hp 68/68; Fort: 10; Ref: +7; Will: +8
Offense:
Init +2; Spd 20ft; CMB +11; Ixthalos +14/+9 (1d10+7/ 17-20/ x2); Longbow +11/+6 (1d8+2/ x3/ 110ft)
Skills:
Climb +6; Diplomacy +9; Heal +8; Intimidate +9; Knowledge (Dungeon & Nature +4; Planes +1); Perception +13; Profession (Sailor) +6; Spellcraft +5; Survival +10; Swim +6

Perception:1d20 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9
initiative:1d20 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9

Osirion

Male Elf Alchemist (Beastmorph) 3

Initiative: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 17.
Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (10) + 8 = 18.

Andoran

Male Dwarf HP: 23[23] AC: 23 Firebolt 7[7] +3 (1d6) Channel: 5[5] 1d6 Endure Elements

Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 22
Init: 1d20 ⇒ 17


Just a bit further and you all are coming alongside the No Return. With everyone focused on the ship no one noticed the kid on the porch of the bar across from you tap his nose as you passed by. No one except Aldred, who barely had time to wonder about that before he saw the "kid" passing them in the crowd slowly drawing a shortsword. At the same time two other halflings jumped out from behind barrels to surround Sekhemre in the lead.

There will be a surprise round where Aldred and the Puddlejumpers are the only ones acting.
During the surprise round, round 1 and round 2 everything is considered difficult terrain due to the crowd. Eventually they scatter.
There is cargo waiting to be loaded all along the dock.
Crates provide cover and concealment.
Barrels provide cover. If you are small the barrels can also provide concealment.

Init:
Aldred 22
Sekhemre 17+
Puddlejumpers 17
Fog 17-
Alie 12
Kayluss 9
Wadi 8

Puddlejumper's Init 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 1 = 17

Aldred acts first, but I won't have the map up until tomorrow. The three halflings are beginning in striking range.


The Map

While the three halfling knifers converge on Sekhemre, Aldred spots two more halflings pop up on a nearby rooftop drawing bows.

DM Screen:

Spoiler:

Camm 1d20 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 3 + 2 = 13, miss
Bunky 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 21, 1d4 - 1 ⇒ (2) - 1 = 1
Denny 1d20 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 3 + 2 = 16, 1d4 - 1 ⇒ (4) - 1 = 3
Alphie 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6
Esher 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11 vs Alie, 1d4 ⇒ 4


A reminder for Aldred of an earlier Knowledge Local check: The second one

Andoran

Male Half Elf Bard 2

“Watch out – daggers!” calls Aldred. “Damn you Pildapush,” he mutters as he hastily casts a spell.

Cast grease on the four squares immediately to the right of Kayluss and Sek. Should get two of the Halflings. Reflex save DC 14.


With the boardwalk suddenly coated in a thick layer of grease two of the halflings find their momentum leaving them sliding out of control. One skids landing face first at Sekhemre's feet and the other ends up windmilling his arms, short sword swinging wide, until he finally lands on his butt. Both quickly scramble to their feet, bracing themselves for balance on the treacherous boardwalk with swords held out defensively. The third lunges for Sek from behind, but his blade comes away with nothing but torn fabric.

Both archers fire on Alie. One arrow thunks into the boardwalk nearby, but the second nails her in the thigh.

Bunky 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6
Denny 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3
Alie: 4 damage. I had pre-rolled above.
(That assumes your FF AC is still 11 as listed on your sheet. He hit it exactly.)

Top of Round 1. Back to Aldred

Andoran

Male Half Elf Bard 2

Aldred draws his sword. “The halflings work for Pildapush,” he says, before launching into a tune, a rollicking old sea shanty with the lyrics slightly altered ...

Oh ... What do you do with a drunken halfling, what do you do with a drunken halfling,
What do you do with a drunken halfling, early in the evening?

MA: draw sword. SA: begin inspire courage bardic performance: +1 to hit and damage for allies.

Andoran

Fighter (Armor Master) 7/ Ranger 1
Defense:
AC 30; Tch 15; FF 28; CMD 25; DR 3/-; hp 68/68; Fort: 10; Ref: +7; Will: +8
Offense:
Init +2; Spd 20ft; CMB +11; Ixthalos +14/+9 (1d10+7/ 17-20/ x2); Longbow +11/+6 (1d8+2/ x3/ 110ft)
Skills:
Climb +6; Diplomacy +9; Heal +8; Intimidate +9; Knowledge (Dungeon & Nature +4; Planes +1); Perception +13; Profession (Sailor) +6; Spellcraft +5; Survival +10; Swim +6

I'm sick so I might not be thinking right but If I step to the south (towards the building) I would provide Alie cover correct from the archers right?

Andoran

Male Half Elf Bard 2
Kayluss wrote:
I'm sick so I might not be thinking right but If I step to the south (towards the building) I would provide Alie cover correct from the archers right?

There’s a barrel directly south of you, in theory this should provide Allie with some cover and concealment, but the archers’ height advantage might negate this. Kayluss should be taller than the barrel, so if he moves either into the square SE of his position or climbs on top of the barrel he might provide some cover? Maybe.

Taldor

Fey Sorcerer 8 | HP 55/55 | AC 15, Touch 13, Flat Footed 13 | CMD 14 | Fort: +7, Ref: +6, Will +8 | Init. +6 | Perception +2 | SM 0

"Ouch! That is ridiculous. Pick on someone your own size...well someone else!" Alie quickly ignores the pain, and ducks behind the closest barrel. She begins casting her Sleep spell at the halfing not engaged in melee with the group. The one who windmilled his arms before falling.


The barrel is fine for Alie to get some cover. She just needed to not be flat footed in order to use it.

Sek is up

Andoran

Male Half Elf Bard 2

The Puddlejumpers acted in the surprise round, have they taken their round 1 actions yet?

Osirion

Male Elf Alchemist (Beastmorph) 3

Round 1:

Sekhemre frowns in annoyance, then draws and downs the contents of a small flask...

Provoking three AoOs, sadly...

...causing his form to warp and twist into a nightmarish construct made from flesh, which proceeds to grin hungrily at the halflings...


With Sekhemre tipping back a flask in the face of danger, the halflings begin stabbing from all around. While eager, they don't seem to have enough physical strength to pierce the mithral shirt under his long jacket. He may end up with some bruises tomorrow, but for the moment they don't look capable of much more than that.

And then Sekhemre transforms, fangs sprouting from his mouth and claws erupting from his twisted fingers. The knifers are taken by surprise, but continue stabbing from all around him.

More arrows thunk into the boardwalk just beyond Fog this time.

The sharper of the pedestrians along the harbor begin shouting, "Look out! Blades drawn!" and begins pushing their way through others to get away form you all.

No. The Puddlejumpers go after Sek, so they are taking AoO's and then round one actions now.

AoO's-
Camm 1d20 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 3 + 2 = 6
Bunky 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 20, Damage: 1d4 - 1 ⇒ (2) - 1 = 1
Denny 1d20 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 3 + 2 = 6

Actions-
Camm 1d20 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 3 + 2 = 24, Damage 1d4 - 1 ⇒ (2) - 1 = 1
Bunky 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 13
Denny 1d20 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 3 + 2 = 13
Confirmation for Camm? 1d20 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 3 + 2 = 14
Alphin 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11
Esher 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4

Sek, 2 hps damage.
Still difficult terrain.
Fog, Kayluss and Wadi are up.
Alie is casting.

Current Map More or less unchanged except for the addition of grease.

1,051 to 1,100 of 3,069 << first < prev | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Ith's PFS pbp All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.