Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

PaizoCon 2014!

Ith's PFS pbp

Game Master ithuriel


1 to 50 of 3,069 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Grand Lodge

With a flash of light and a stomach-churning shift, the cool, saline air of Absalom collapses into the stifling, wet heat of the Garundi coast. Within moments, sweat begins to ooze from your pores as the fetid stink of the local climate envelopes you like a damp blanket.

The scroll in Master Zey’s hands crumbles into dust, its magic spent. The Pathfinder Society’s Master of Spells removes his hat and begins fanning himself. “All right Pathfinders, welcome to the blistering hole that is the Mwangi Expanse. Any of you who bother to keep up with your Chronicles know that the Society has an archaelogical expedition working in the Terwa Uplands, about 80 miles northwest of our position. Of course, I doubt if more than half of you read anything but more challenging than bawdy limericks, so allow me to sum up: the Azlant Ridge site shouldn’t be there. There are no known Azlanti sights in the Mwangi Expanse, but here we are. It may be the best-preserved evidence that the Azlanti at least visited the Mwangi Expanse. A servant of Angazhan called Ruthazek the Silverback King claims the site, too. His troops have laid siege to it and our people are starving, dying from disease, and running low on ammunition and personnel, which is where you come in.”

Zey points north through the treeline, to where a ragtag city of boardwalks and wooden buildings perched on stilts above roots like spider legs straddles a swampy, red river delta. "Your first stop is Bloodcove." He chokes out the word as if it insulted his mother. "The Azlant Ridge site needs supplies, and Bloodcove is the nearest trade port. They need two tons of food and clean water, five crates of arrows and crossbow bolts, and clean dressings for wounds. The Society has a tentative business arrangement with House Cartahegn and I suggest you seek them out. We already arranged payment to a caravan leader named Raimondo Scevola several weeks ago. Make contact with him to arrange transport for our supplies to the site. Also, while you are here I want you to look for a man named Senzer in town. He was an alchemist funneling potions and information to our team in the Uplands, but he went silent a month ago. You need to find out why and get that stream of potions flowing again."

"Listen to me... I do not want you going in there thinking this will be a simple trip to the market. Bloodcove is a pit founded by pirates and run by criminals— scum with no sense of achievement or appreciation for arcane advancement. More seriously, it is a stronghold of the Aspis Consortium, and they seem to take a perverse pleasure in co opting and profiting from Pathfinder discoveries like Azlant Ridge. They own this town. Keep your heads down and do nothing to attract suspicion; I suggest you prepare cover stories and perhaps disguises. Don't underestimate their intelligence network. Normally I don’t give a damn if you heroic types kick in doors, make asses of yourselves, and die, but more than your lives rests on your shoulders this time. If you fail and the Azlant Ridge site receives no backup, it will surely fall."

Aram hands over a coin pouch. "As I said, we arranged payment for your caravan some time ago. This should cover the cost of supplies. If you dip into your own resources and manage to survive, the Society will attempt to reimburse you within reason. Once you deal with that business, head northwest." He presents a sealed scrollcase and an ornate, golden key on a leather thong. "Guard these with your lives. The key’s exact purpose eludes me, but the symbol it bears is repeated on a doorway at Azlant Ridge. The scrollcase contains a map to the dig site. My magics secure the case, though, and it will explode violently if opened within five miles of Bloodcove. If you have any questions, ask them now. I will be returning to Absalom the moment I believe you capable of getting to Bloodcove."

Grand Lodge

Kayluss, Aldred, & Fog

Spoiler:
Yesterday one of the Eagle Knights Kayluss met after the expedition to the Aspodell Pass invited him and a couple of his friends over for dinner at his home. Several other Eagle Knights attend and express a lot of interest in what happened in Falcon's Hollow and your meeting with Syntira. Before the evening winds down, your host passes each of you a sealed note and nods, "The Captain has another assignment for you. Word has it Zey is putting you on a team heading into the the Mwangi Expanse tomorrow. Good luck."

Wadi

Spoiler:
A couple of days ago at a cast party, your chorus girl contact pulled you into a corner and while making out "as a cover" that she seemed to enjoy just a little too much, slipped a folded note into your pocket. She leaves you with a flirtatious wink and her lipstick marks trailing up your throat to one ear.

Sekhemre

Spoiler:
Yesterday, a courier delivered an invitation to meet your new contact at a quiet tea house in Absalom. Ahkmet, is a sage studying Ancient Osirian burial rites and tomb defenses. Over a light aromatic pot of tea and shared water pipe of flavored tobacco he asks about your recent work with the Society and tells you about his current projects. Before parting ways he slides a sealed note across the table.

Alie

Spoiler:
When picking up a new outfit from your tailor, he silently indicates a note tucked into an interior pocket.

Andoran

Male Dwarf HP: 23[23] AC: 23 Firebolt 7[7] +3 (1d6) Channel: 5[5] 1d6 Endure Elements

Fog doesn't look in the least surprised by their surroundings, as the party materialises in the jungle, but he does quickly begin to perspire.

"The glory of Sarenrae surely flows all about us. I wish it were a bit less intense though."

At this, he strips off a couple of outer layers, sticking them in his pack.

"You can be sure we will be careful. We are never anything but."

I'll have a look at my prepared spells this evening I think, a trip to the jungle could call for some special preparations!

Cheliax

Wadi sighs heavily, as much due to the foul climate, as for the suggestion to disguise himself. He smiles though, when he sees his fellow Pathfinders, especially Allie, who has turned into quite the accomplished actress.

”Well, it looks like we certainly have our work cut out for us. Any suggestions on a good disguise for us? Maybe a group of down on their luck merchants? That should not be too hard to pull off.”

Taldor

HP 48/48 | AC 15, Touch 13, Flat Footed 13 | CMD 13 | Fort: +7, Ref: +6, Will +7 | Init. +6 | Perception +2 | SM 0

Alie stretched her legs after the unfamiliar transportation method. All of her friends were present, she was pleased to see. Before pleasantries were exchanged, Zey jumped right into the business at hand. I guess we can wait to catch up. "Merchants sound like the easiest cover story. We need to hammer out exactly what we are 'merchant-ing', so to speak" Turning to Zey, she questions, "Will we have to punch a hole in the army of the Silverback King to get the supplies into the explorers, or is there any secret routes to do so, that you know of."


dot

Grand Lodge

Some of you might have knowledge skills and like to use them. This would be a good place for those.
Obvious examples:
Kn Geography (Bloodcove)
Kn Local (Bloodcove)
Kn Local (Aspis Consortium)
Kn Nature or Local (Ruthazek)
Kn Religion (Angazan)

Let me know anything else you might like to test your knowledge on and roll it out.

Cheliax

Well, the only Knowledge skill I have is Know, History so I will give it a shot. 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11

Andoran

Male Dwarf HP: 23[23] AC: 23 Firebolt 7[7] +3 (1d6) Channel: 5[5] 1d6 Endure Elements

Knowledge Religion: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18

Osirion

Male Elf Alchemist (Beastmorph) 3

Sekhemre keeps turning around, his gaze darting from one plant to another in rapid succession...

It has been a while since I have been this way. I wonder what interesting elixirs I could distill from some of these plants...

Knowledge(Geography) - Bloodcove: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7.
Knowledge(Local) - Bloodcove: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 18.
Knowledge(Local) - Aspis Consortium: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15.
Knowledge(Nature) - Ruthazek: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (11) + 11 = 22.
Knowledge(Religion) - Angazhan: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8.

Turning to Alie, Sekhemre comments:

"I agree, going in as merchants sounds like an excellent idea. Perhaps we could be acting as gem prospectors and alchemical supplies procurers (along with the company healer, and a few guards), who have come into town to outfit their next expedition? There would certainly be a call for such businessmen, and I have the requisite knowledge, and skills, to pull-off such a charade."

Grand Lodge

Angazhan

Kn Religion DC 18

Spoiler:

If you recall correctly Angazhan is an ape-like demon lord.

Kn Religion DC 20

Spoiler:

Also known as the Ravener King, Angazhan is the demonic embodiment of savage strength and destruction. His cult is strong in the Mwangi Expanse.

Kn Religion 25

Spoiler:

Angazhan is the demonic embodiment of savage strength and destruction. He is known as an enormous, muscular, savage red-furred ape with six fingers capable tearing a man limb from limb. His tusk-like teeth, tiny bloodshot eyes, and reptilian tail give him a unique appearance amongst his simian followers.

The Ravener King rules over the Abyssal realm of Ahvoth-Kor and is worshiped throughout the Mwangi Expanse by evil slavers and carnivorous apes. His current champion is Ruthazek, the Gorilla King.

Andoran

Male Half Elf Bard 2
ithuriel wrote:

“All right Pathfinders, welcome to the blistering hole that is the Mwangi Expanse. Any of you who bother to keep up with your Chronicles know that the Society has an archaelogical expedition working in the Terwa Uplands, about 80 miles northwest of our position. Of course, I doubt if more than half of you read anything but more challenging than bawdy limericks, so allow me to sum up: the Azlant Ridge site shouldn’t be there. There are no known Azlanti sights in the Mwangi Expanse, but here we are. It may be the best-preserved evidence that the Azlanti at least visited the Mwangi Expanse.”

“That is the common perception Master Zey,” Aldred nods, pulling the broad brimmed hat that he purchased for the trip down to further shade his eyes and pale skin from the harsh Garundi sun. “However, it’s not quite true; you see there was a Society expedition into the Mwangi expanse several years ago searching for the legendary Azlanti city of Saventh-Yhi, and although the expedition was lost, there was good evidence to suggest that ... oh ... well, never mind ...” Aldred trails off as he realises that Zey is most definitely not amused at being corrected by a junior Society member.

He mops his brow and squints through the mangrove swamp towards the distant buildings. Not wanting to ask Zey any stupid questions after his inauspicious start, the bard racks his brains for what he might know of the area or the situation here.

I’ve been a bit lax, and haven’t yet thought about any purchases, but Aldred does not have enough gold, and no prestige awards left, to buy anything major. I will probably pick up a couple of minor bits and bobs, need to check the Guide to see what we are allowed to buy.

Grand Lodge

Kn Local: Bloodcove

DC 15

Spoiler:
The local elite elect a Grand Admiral, who rules Bloodcove for life. The Admiral enforces a strict handsoff economic policy and very little else.

DC 20
Spoiler:
Fiercely competitive trading houses wield the genuine power behind Bloodcove politics, with the Aspis Consortium currently dominating the political and economic scene. House Cartahegn fiercely opposes its rivals in the Consortium, and makes an acceptable fairweather friend in this area.

DC 25
Spoiler:
The trading houses brutally crush any criminal organizations that interfere with their business. As a result, most of Bloodcove’s criminal activity revolves around exports (such as the drug trade) or else focuses on the poorer citizens. The local guard only investigates crimes if well paid for the service, leaving most of the city subject to vigilante law.

DC 30
Spoiler:
The Aspis Consortium watches the local Pathfinder chapter house constantly. Foreign Pathfinders who visit it frequently disappear.

Andoran

Male Half Elf Bard 2

Kn Geography (Bloodcove): 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3
Kn Local (Bloodcove): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14
Kn Local (Aspis Consortium) : 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12
Kn Local (Ruthazek): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 19
Kn Religion (Angazan): 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 20

Grand Lodge

Kn Geography: Bloodcove

DC 15

Spoiler:
Bloodcove lies on the western edge of the Mwangi Expanse. The local culture blends Cheliax with The Shackles and native Mwangi traditions.

DC 20
Spoiler:
Bloodcove sits on the headwaters of the Vanji River. Much of the wealth from the jungle interior flows through it, making the dingy city surprisingly wealthy.

DC 25
Spoiler:
Retired Shackles pirates founded Bloodcove to enjoy their ill-gotten fortunes. As a free trade port, the only laws genuinely enforced are those that keep trade flowing.

Grand Lodge

Kn Local or Nature: Ruthazek

DC 20

Spoiler:
Also known as the Gorilla King or the Silverback King. He's vastly more intelligent than any ape has a right to be, and rules a Mwangi city of sentient ape men. He is uncivilized, violent, and said to be the champion of a demon lord.

Andoran

Male Human Fighter 1/ Ranger 1

Knowing that knowledge and deception are most certainly not his specialty Kayluss remains silent for the moment, still shaking off the effects of the magic and the heat.

Osirion

Male Elf Alchemist (Beastmorph) 3

"Can you direct us to where in town House Cartahegn and Raimondo Scevola are, or do we need to ask around?"

Grand Lodge

Alie wrote:
Turning to Zey, she questions, "Will we have to punch a hole in the army of the Silverback King to get the supplies into the explorers, or is there any secret routes to do so, that you know of."

"At this point I could not tell you anything about Ruthazek's forces or their placement in the field. The entire area has been dimensionally locked and blocked from scrying or magical communication. Considering such an arcane feat is far beyond the means of any of the agents we have in the field there and I suspect the simians besieging them are too bestial to pursue such power in the arts, I would surmise that our agents found a way to activate one of the Azlanti artifacts. You'll have to be your own eyes and ears in the field, but that is what you do isn't it?"

Aldred wrote:
“However, it’s not quite true; you see there was a Society expedition into the Mwangi expanse several years ago searching for the legendary Azlanti city of Saventh-Yhi...

If looks could kill, Aldred would be withering to dust under the glare Master Zey directs at him. "Legendary, but unconfirmed. The only thing certain about that supposed Azlanti site is that the majority of agents who have gone looking for it have never been seen again and weeks worth of coordinated divinations both arcane and divine have turned up nothing. I think we've wasted quite enough of our agents and resources searching for this fabled city at this point."

Sekhemre wrote:
"Can you direct us to where in town House Cartahegn and Raimondo Scevola are, or do we need to ask around?"

"Cartahegn works in the food trade, dominating the import/export market of Bloodcove, which requires some dry storage. I don't recall the exact street, but it was in the northeastern part of the city, far enough back from the river bank to be on solid ground. I have no idea where you might find Scevola. I am not aware that he keeps offices or any such thing."

Osirion

Male Elf Alchemist (Beastmorph) 3

Sekhemre nods.

"Very well. We will have to ask around about him, then. Do you have any idea where Senzer was based before he went silent?"

Since no-one else has stepped forward, Sekhemre is willing to take custody of the items our superior is handing over.

Grand Lodge

"He runs a shop near the seaside docks on the West end of town called Rulkeep Tonics."

Taldor

HP 48/48 | AC 15, Touch 13, Flat Footed 13 | CMD 13 | Fort: +7, Ref: +6, Will +7 | Init. +6 | Perception +2 | SM 0

Alie doesn't have further questions.

Cheliax

"Ok, I think that takes care of all our questions, Master Zey."

Once he has departed, Wadi turns to his fellow Pathfinders, "I suggest we head over to Rulkeep Tonics first, and see what is happening there. If we are being observed, we should find out quickly enough."

Taldor

HP 48/48 | AC 15, Touch 13, Flat Footed 13 | CMD 13 | Fort: +7, Ref: +6, Will +7 | Init. +6 | Perception +2 | SM 0

"That sounds like the most sensible approach, Wadi. I say we go with Sek's plan about being the alchemical distributors. That would be a more difficult screen to be pulled back, so long as we let Sek handle the talking."

Andoran

Male Half Elf Bard 2

Aldred is flustered enough by Zey’s glare and acidic comeback that he’s unable to call anything much of import about the local area or situation to mind. He does later tell the group what he has heard of Angazhan; an ape-like demon lord of strength and destruction, his cult is strong and widespread in the Mwangi.

The bard notes where Sek places the key and map, but does not protest the man’s taking custody of them and the coins.

“I agree with the idea for a cover story that you have come up with,” he tells Wadi, Allie and Sek. “Good thinking. I am usually quite a good speaker, when my voice is not scratchy with plague,” he touches his throat, now free of rash and pustules, “so if you give me a few key words and concepts to work with, I am happy to help with the talking.”

Grand Lodge

Master Zey silently appraises the lot of you, brows furrowed, "Remember what I've taught you. Don't get yourselves killed." With that and a short arcane phrase, the air around him seems to ripple and suddenly he is gone and you are alone on the muddy, root-choked banks of the Vanji river. The heat is sweltering and your clothes clinging to the sheen of sweat brought on by the Garundi heat. Swarms of gnats tangle and swirl into each other over the river. In the distance you can see the wood plank boardwalks of the city laid over the mangrove roots and people going about their day.

Aspis Consortium DC 15

Spoiler:

The Consortium is a truly cutthroat trade organization with interests throughout Avistan and Garund. They have been known to manipulate local economies and political events to their economic advantage no matter the cost to locals. Their mercantile leaders are suspected of engineering tragedies in order to create a ripe market in which they are prepared to reap maximum profit. They are loyal to no government and have members from many countries and nationalities.

They also periodically clash with the Society over artifacts and antiquities. The Consortium has been known to sabotage or even kill Pathfinders in the field who found themselves in competition with for the same site or object. Of course the sword cuts both ways, and Society agents have certainly done the same. Bloodcove is their major center of operations in Garund. The Consortium controls Bloodcove's political, economic, and domestic affairs; it decides what ships dock, how goods are priced, and whether anyone investigates crimes. You are deep in enemy territory here. Tread lightly.

Grand Lodge

Mechanics of the disguise:

Spoiler:

There will be checks to maintain your disguise throughout this scenario. The group has to choose their method of disguise as a whole, not individually and you guys have gone for merchants. Your disguise will be based on Appraise or Diplomacy checks. Each character has to make checks each time they are called for, but they can choose which of those two skills they want to use individually. I'm not going to tell you what the DC is, but I will periodically give you clues as to how you are doing by npc reactions.

To disguise yourselves as merchants, you are going to need to discard, conceal or disguise all weapons and obvious magical gear. Oddly it doesn't mention armor so technically you could be armored, but weaponless merchants. If you don't bother to hide your weapons /magic items you will auto fail your disguise check.

You are about to move through town to find Rulkep's Tonics so I need IC descriptions of your efforts to disguise yourselves and an Appraise or Diplomacy roll from everyone.

Regarding Heat

Spoiler:

Technically this locale should force consecutively increasing DC fortitude saves vs heatstroke from noon til 3pm every day with a -4 for armor or heavy clothing. The scenario doesn't mention it though and it can't be assumed that most GMs own Heart of the Jungle to know that- so you get a free pass there ;) Just keep it in mind for RP purposes. It is uncomfortably humid constantly and during the peak hours the temperature is in the high 90's F.

Taldor

HP 48/48 | AC 15, Touch 13, Flat Footed 13 | CMD 13 | Fort: +7, Ref: +6, Will +7 | Init. +6 | Perception +2 | SM 0

"Do you think I should wear my regular clothes Traveler's Outfit, or should I put on my nicer outfit noble's gear? I can see benefits to both. Maybe the noble's outfit might garner a little more respect from the merchants, but then again, that would also make us stand out, perhaps too much....

I can do my dpplomacy roll now, and you can modify it as necessary, DM.

Diplomacy 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (20) + 9 = 29

Cheliax

Ith, could Wadi use his Perform Act in place of his disguise roll?

”I think if we posed as down on our luck merchants, it would draw less attention to ourselves. As for myself, since I have no merchant skills, I would be best as maybe a merchant in training.”

Diplomacy check 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8
you can add +4 to this check if Wadi can use his Perform skill.

Grand Lodge

Regarding skill substitutions-

Spoiler:

This is designed as a sort of skill challenge where everyone is stuck with a choice of 2 skills. The way it is works out, no matter which method of infiltration you choose some people will be skilled and others will not. If I allowed people to start subbing in skills they were good at, it wouldn't work out the way it is intended.

If it were a home game I might tinker with it, adjust the DCs for alternate skills, change the point at which your cover is blown or something like that. Being organized play though, I'm just going to stick with it as presented so you get the same chance of success/failure as other groups who played through this scenario.

A bard with versatile performance would be able to sub in skills that fall under that class ability, but we don't have any here.

Andoran

Male Human Fighter 1/ Ranger 1

Disguise:

Is this info we know or do we need a Knowlegde check to realize we should hide our gear? I Kayluss does realize that he would have to hide his Sword and Spear he becomes very uneasy with the plan.

Grand Lodge

@ Wadi> What do you want to do about your club, dagger & crossbow?

Taldor

HP 48/48 | AC 15, Touch 13, Flat Footed 13 | CMD 13 | Fort: +7, Ref: +6, Will +7 | Init. +6 | Perception +2 | SM 0

"You are probably right Wadi, a nice outfit might complicate things. Anyway, I wouldnt' want to get something nice all mucked up out here in this heat."]

And Alie still doesn't have any weapns on her, DM, so she should be fine.

Cheliax

ithuriel wrote:
@ Wadi> What do you want to do about your club, dagger & crossbow?

Ithuriel:
He will hide his weapons in a cart or chest, not sure if we have anything like that available. In any event, he will not carry any weapons.
Grand Lodge

More about disguises-

Spoiler:

Kayluss> I presume I am meant to tell you outright that you need to appear weaponless to pull off the merchant cover. It would be awfully mean if all dms running this neglected to mention that and let the group think they were proceeding in disguise while secretly failing every check.

If Kayluss is uncomfortable about going weaponless and doesn't have the means to disguise his primary weapon, he could opt to present himself as a mercenary/bodyguard to the merchants. The group attracts some attention this way ("Did you guys see the alchemical reagent exporter in town? Traveling with an armed guard. Any idea what they are up to? Must be loaded...") as he will auto fail his own personal checks, but you could consider it a sacrifice made towards preparation for a conflict.

Andoran

Male Human Fighter 1/ Ranger 1

Could we all pose as Mercenaries/Bodyguards looking for work?

Grand Lodge

That is another option. Diguise or Intimidate become your skills if you take that approach.

Andoran

Male Dwarf HP: 23[23] AC: 23 Firebolt 7[7] +3 (1d6) Channel: 5[5] 1d6 Endure Elements

Fog immediately begins to remove his armour, and enough clothes to make the heat more bearable, not not enough to draw attention, he stays he usual taciturn self, whilst he repacks his backpack with the armour, and clothes, taking care to wrap his crossbow into that bundle. Finally, he faces the blazing sun, kneels before it, and places his scimitar on the ground in front of himself. Fog begins to pray quietly, and after a moment or two, adds the sword to his pack, hidden away.

Finally, Fog rearranges his clothes so that his holy symbol is to hand and turns to the others.

I doubt many merchants carry equipment like that, but with my holy symbol, I can still defend us if things turn bad.

Fog has +0 on all of those skill options, so expect the cover to be blown half way through the first encounter... ;)

Grand Lodge

Go ahead and roll it. I need to know that everyone is on the same page about the tact of your disguise, details of how you are making that happen (including what you do with your weapons if you hide them) and to have rolls from everyone before I move on.

Andoran

Male Dwarf HP: 23[23] AC: 23 Firebolt 7[7] +3 (1d6) Channel: 5[5] 1d6 Endure Elements

1d20 ⇒ 7

Taldor

HP 48/48 | AC 15, Touch 13, Flat Footed 13 | CMD 13 | Fort: +7, Ref: +6, Will +7 | Init. +6 | Perception +2 | SM 0

I say we stay with the original plan, as merchants. Sek can prep us on what sort of draughts we would be trying to procure.

Andoran

Male Half Elf Bard 2

“Ah yes, I suppose we will not look much like merchants if we are bedecked with weapons,” Aldred agrees when someone mentions it. He hides his dagger and sling in his pack, then tries to figure out how to hide his longsword. Eventually he settles for wrapping it up in his blanket along with several lengths of stick taken from the dryer reaches of the mangroves and strapping the whole thing above his pack, hoping that it will look like something that may pass for trade goods. He then wipes the sweat from his brow, pulls his hat low over his eyes and begins muttering ‘merchanty’ sounding phrases under his breath, practising what he might say if confronted Diplomacy: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 15 .

“Yes Kayluss, perhaps you can pose as our guard. Surely that would not seem too out of place in a town such as Bloodcove?”

Nice to see that my poor to average rolls are continuing in this game!

Andoran

Male Human Fighter 1/ Ranger 1

Watching Aldred hide his gear a small smile crosses Kayluss's face.
Why didn't I think of that!
Hastily Kayluss begins stripping off his armor and weapons, piling them, along with some dry branches, in a neat mound atop his spread our bedroll. Drawing Ixthalos he chops the head off his spear before tying the corners of the bed roll to the shaft. Before securing the last corner he sheaths Ixthalos and places it so that the hilt is hidden from view but still easily accessible.
Aldred, if you don’t mind, grab the other end of this would you. You can store you sword in it as well and it might be a little easier to get to than strapped to you back.

We’re all merchants now!
Diplomacy:1d20 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 1 = 21

Taldor

HP 48/48 | AC 15, Touch 13, Flat Footed 13 | CMD 13 | Fort: +7, Ref: +6, Will +7 | Init. +6 | Perception +2 | SM 0

and two natural 20's on Diplomacy so far! I knew we'd be good fake merchants...Once we approach the populated area, DM, Alie will use her Prestidigitation cantrip to change her hair color from brunette to blonde. That will last for one hour.

Andoran

Male Half Elf Bard 2
Kayluss wrote:

Watching Aldred hide his gear a small smile crosses Kayluss's face.

Why didn't I think of that!
Hastily Kayluss begins stripping off his armor and weapons, piling them, along with some dry branches, in a neat mound atop his spread our bedroll. Drawing Ixthalos he chops the head off his spear before tying the corners of the bed roll to the shaft. Before securing the last corner he sheaths Ixthalos and places it so that the hilt is hidden from view but still easily accessible.
Aldred, if you don’t mind, grab the other end of this would you. You can store you sword in it as well and it might be a little easier to get to than strapped to you back.

We’re all merchants now!
Diplomacy:1d20+1

“Certainly!”

Aldred is clearly distracted by the heat and humidity, but is happy to help.

Osirion

Male Elf Alchemist (Beastmorph) 3

Are we allowed to aid each other on these checks? I am not suggesting that everyone aids everyone else all of the time, but each of us should have enough time to be able to attempt to assist one other person, to try and make their cover more 'believable'...

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 21.
Diplomacy assist - Wadi: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24.

At Alie's question, Sekhemre smiles.

"Well my dear, what exactly would you like to know? I can give all of you a crash-course in modern alchemy, and cover the basic ingredients, preparation techniques, and necessary equipment..."

Craft(Alchemy): 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (19) + 11 = 30.

Sekhemre is perfectly willing to store his longsword in his backpack, but he will keep all of his vials within easy reach - as a purveyor of alchemical supplies, they should not be out of place...

Grand Lodge

A longsword is not going to fit inside a backpack. You could throw it in the blanket-sling the other guys have built if you want.

Regarding Aid-
Sekhemre, Kayluss, Alie & Aldred may attempt to aid, but each PC may only aid one other PC as it is an ongoing effort.

Osirion

Male Elf Alchemist (Beastmorph) 3

I am happy to put it in 'storage' with the other weapons. From here on out, it is primarily a 'dress' weapon, anyway...

Taldor

HP 48/48 | AC 15, Touch 13, Flat Footed 13 | CMD 13 | Fort: +7, Ref: +6, Will +7 | Init. +6 | Perception +2 | SM 0

"Sek, we need to know about a couple of your favorite potions. We need at least some key words about ingredients that we can use in case you get away from us, and we are pinned down by a seller. At least enough for us to fool them for a bit."

Grand Lodge

I would guess as part of your cover that you might be looking for exotic base ingredients in bulk rather than finished products. That is where merchants might see room for profit in traveling to remote Garund for these things.

Infiltration Checks

Spoiler:

Alie: Diplomacy 29
Wadi: Diplomacy 8 (+2 Sek) = 10
Fog: Diplomacy 7
Aldred: Diplomacy 15
Kayluss: Diplomacy 21
Sekhemre: Diplomacy 21
Aldred: Aid Another 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9
Alie: Aid Another 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (8) + 9 = 17
Kayluss: Aid Another 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 1 = 19
You made two more successful Aid rolls there. Let me know who gets them.

1 to 50 of 3,069 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Ith's PFS pbp All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.