Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends


Ironclaw: The Will to Power

Game Master UltraFennec

An Ironclaw: Squaring the Circle game set in the environs of Triskellian, with potential to expand further. Focused on the intrigue and violence surrounding the conflicts between the rising Guilds, with a lighthearted base tone.


151 to 200 of 1,247 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

Female Weasel Dilettante

Rosza Juette blanches at Delroy's report. "Lovely," she mutters. "No slight to your profession, Witch-Finder, but I rather do hope you are wrong."

The tigress' query is met with a slight shrug. "I know nothing of ship building, Madonna, but one would imagine such a thing would be noticeable this close to the Via Salutis. Our piratical otter acquaintance might 'weigh in' on the idea. James?"

The ermine idly draws her wheellock, slides the priming cover back just enough to verify the powder within and checks the tension of the wheelspring. Fidgety. "They did use the river to transport the cargo from the look of things."

"Jean-Yves, how far is it from the river to where the last attack occurred? How far from the river to where the third site is? Perhaps they have that in common, but the last attack we saw had more of the signs of a throat-cutting by double-crossing guards than..." She gestures with the pistol (though not at anyone) "...this sort of fire and conflict. One would almost wonder if it were the same group. Why go to this kind of trouble if one could simply hire on as guards and wait an opportune moment?"


Male Raccoon: d6 Witch Finder: d6
Quinn Hildring wrote:
"So you would discount a magic user simply because of the tradition they follow? I have seen enough in life believe that to do such would be foolish. These "druids" might be simple and unlikely, I can't really say, but do not say impossible either, it closes your mind to the possibility of something that normally doesn't happen, and when it does you would never see it."

Delroy nods to Quinn, "When Druids use fire, their anger attracts angry spirits to do their bidding. There would be far more damage here. Angry spirits are notoriously difficult to control once set to a task they enjoy. Dangerous things can happen. I never said they were… Simple, and I would never call them weak. They are Dangerous, just as are the so called 'Blessed' and Necromancers." He paused for a moment, bending down to look at some debris, poking it with a wand, though his gaze lifts up to Quinn. "I should like to see your Magics, and not from any professional interest. Personal research. I admit to utter ignorance when it comes to Zhonggese magics and philosophy. A failing I should like to remedy."

Rosza Juette de Vieuxpont wrote:
Rosza Juette blanches at Delroy's report. "Lovely," she mutters. "No slight to your profession, Witch-Finder, but I rather do hope you are wrong."

Delroy's attention turned to Rosza,

"As do I, M'lady. A Cognoscenti is very difficult to deal with, but he will target me, first. Necromancers… Also difficult, but in a different manner."


Male Wolf

"The green one is right for once. If a druid or curraidgh had done this, a good portion of this forest would be burnt to cinders."


Male Hooman Utter Fool/4

Jean-Yves looks beyond discomfited, approaching ready-to-flee-at-the-slightest-fright. "N-N-N-Necromancers? Cognoscenti? You mean to tell me that-" He gulped audibly, beak nearly chattering as his attempts to form words became more difficult still, and he ended the sentence in a comic stage whisper. "BLACK MAGIC IS INVOLVED?!"

Much flapping and ado about nothing later, the bird had calmed enough that he wasn't attempting to escape every moment he was left unwatched.

"Madonna I don't know exactly the distance, but it is at least a few leagues by the road, which doesn't cross the Nith at our last place. The initial attack site...there are a number of tributaries in the area, and it was outside the Muire proper. Perhaps you are onto something. And you say they've come from Harrowgate? I...curioser and curioser. Madonna, if you don't mind, I feel I should report this finding to Cedric immediately. He's certain to have some connections in the area for business, and if these thieves came from the fortress city it may narrow your search considerably!"

Look in Here if You Want Potential Plot Spoilage via Dice.:

Will+Deceit 1d6 ⇒ 51d6 ⇒ 4
Mind+Inquiry Ceallach 1d4 ⇒ 1
Mind+Inquiry Delroy 1d8 ⇒ 1
Mind+Inquiry Rosza 1d4 ⇒ 41d8 ⇒ 8
Mind+Inquiry Quinn 1d8 ⇒ 5
Mind+Inquiry Natalia 1d6 ⇒ 21d4 ⇒ 4

Quinn, Natalia:
This guy MAY actually tell Cedric these things, but he's more afraid than anything else, and definitely wants to get as far away from here as possible.

Rosza:
This guy seems afraid, and your sure he would tell Cedric something if he managed to get his fear under control long enough to spit it out, but growing up among the backstabbing nobility of Calabria has taught you to look for tics, and this guy is hiding something. What, you're not sure.


Male Wolf

"All I care about is finding the berks that did this, and stringing them up by their entrails. Oh, though I should probably deliver this thing first."

Ceallach taps the amulet in his pouch, staring at Harrowgate. Outside the walls, eh Eamonn? If she's a slave, I doubt that it'll be so simple. She won't be alone, that's for sure.


Female Weasel Dilettante

The ermine's gaze flicks to catch the eyes of Guillaume and the other weasels, and as she looks away from Jean-Yves to regard her cohorts, she also tilts her head with a subtle twitch towards the nervous bird. It's just another careless gesture, of course, as is the one that follows - Rosza Juette is not even looking directly at the sparrow, after all! Nevertheless, the wheellock is thrust at him as a sort of pointer and somehow, by some awful bit of careless fortune, her thumb has flicked the pan-cover open. "Undoubtedly Messer Cedric has many business connections in the area, goodman, as do you. One is curious how long you have worked for him...And how long for these other employers."

She lays her sleek head along her shoulder, extending her arm fully, and now there is no mistaking the deliberation with which she squints down that arm and along the pistol's thumb-thick barrel.

"...One is also curious how long you expect to live, if you do not come out with what you are so afraid we may discover. You can fly far - and no doubt quickly - but not so quickly as my anger, and its reach knows no bounds. You're afraid they'll do something to you if you talk? Think about what I'll do to you if you don't. I'm here. They're not."

A nearly lecherous grin spreads across Rosza Juette's muzzle. She doesn't look angry. If anything, she looks enthusiastic.

OOC and Dice:

The head-gesture to her minions, if it's unclear, was meant as 'grab him!'
Mind 1d8 ⇒ 4
Inquiry 1d4 ⇒ 21d8 ⇒ 2

Subtlety, thy name is NOT weasel.


Female Weasel Dilettante

Ouch! That could've gone better. We should probably iron out how many of Rosza's accomplices are nobles...They would have a d6 in 'inquiry' themselves and could potentially add in.


Male Raccoon: d6 Witch Finder: d6

Delroy chuckles, "Ceallach, I much prefer your name for me, than your name for our quarry. Berk indeed? Haven't heard that since I left home on the Nith." The Raccoon then took note of the now aimed Gun, his eyes going saucer-wide as he takes in the whole scene. The sparrow had seemed entirely legitimate to him. He stepped back just enough to bring his rod to ready defensively. "Lady Vieuxpont! What is this?"

Basically guarding, which activates Supernatural Shield. It's on everyone right now.
And using a Negotiation Stunt as my second action. I'd rather RPit out than use dice yet since this is a PC to PC interaction.


Female Bat : Star Elementalist

Natalia watches the unfolding drama with keen interest. Without making much of a fuss, she calmly draws her wand, although she hasn't started a spell yet.
Yet.

"Madonna Rosza is correct, you do seem to be fearful for some reason, goodman Jean-Yves. Just what do you know, eh?"


Male Hooman Utter Fool/4

I'm playing some Ironclaw of my own right now, so I'll respond when it's over. Just wanna say that while you're welcome to use Inquiry to question him, what you posted as speech actually reads more like intimidation, which is Presence.

And because I'm awesome, I'll allow ms. Rosza a retroactive attempt at intimidation with some extra because GUNS. Body+Will+Presence+ another d8 for pointing a GUN in the guys face.


Female Weasel Dilettante

Ah, okay...:

Haven't got presence (need to work on that, clearly).
Body 1d6 ⇒ 2
Will 1d6 ⇒ 3
GUN 1d8 ⇒ 6

She is, of course, aiming (in the game-rule context as well as the roleplayed activity).


Male Hooman Utter Fool/4

Jean-Yves nearly lost his feathers he was backpedaling so fast. A few quick steps later he landed square on his rump and tried to futilely block the killshot with his brown wings, shaking in pure terror all the while.

"AAAH! AAAAH! AAAH! Don't shoot me, please! It was all Cedric's idea! I'm just the courier! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH!"

He's not even trying to lie anymore, too scared!


Female Weasel Dilettante

Rosza Juette glides easily after the sparrow, pursuing but maintaining just enough distance to keep the pistol well out of reach. "Of course it was all Cedric's idea. You're innocent, aren't you? Please do enlighten my friends. I expect you to entertain them with every detail of Cedric's plans, and your own part in them." She tilts her head to the side, grinning past the pistol at him. "You wouldn't want them to become bored, I assure you. Neither them. Nor me."


Male Raccoon: d6 Witch Finder: d6

Delroy keeps his guard up, though he does dismiss the unseen shield around Jean-Yves, taking the time to ready a Spell within his rod, just in case.

Readying Misfortune in case the Sparrow draws a weapon. Even if he doesn't, and tries to fly away, the Reeling should ground him. Also continuing to Guard.


Tiger Taoist, Sworddancer

Quinn readies herself, watching the area just in case help should arrive for the sparrow.

Well, I can't believe I missed that! Then again these people are strange...I will have to keep a closer eye on things.


Male Wolf

"So, wait, you're saying he was betraying us? Does that mean I get to eat him?" Ceallach smiles, which only makes him look more nasty, as his mouthfull of teeth show themselves.


Male Hooman Utter Fool/4

Jean-Yves continues to shiver on the ground, conscious only of the pistol still pointed at him by Rosza Juette...and by the rest of her flirts and friends slowly drawing back to the group from their search thanks to the shouts. Visibly gulping, he manages to continue without either stuttering or soiling his trousers somehow.

"The Fleet Feet is in a dive. Cedric was never a really smart guy, really, but he took some loans on that maybe he shouldn't have, and now he can't pay them back and he's been doing dirty business for your crowd...the nobility...to pay back as much as he can. But it hasn't been enough, so he made up this stupid plan to get mercs to attack the Four Corners shipments before they could reach Triskellian and be identified. Then he could take their stuff and move it on the down low, make his payments directly via goods.

"Every bit of that paper you've been poring over is probably fake, or at least made up to look better than it is, I don't know for sure, I can't read but everything he told me didn't sound too good...and...I was the go-between. I know where all the attack sites are because at two of them I showed up after everything was said and done and took listings of the haul back to Cedric so he could decide what was worth his time. But this place" He gestured to the burned wagon wreckage with a shaking wing "This one I only got here afterward...when it looked like this. Our people didn't do this, I swear! They weren't supposed to kill the driver at the last site either, but...they said he tried to run to the inn, report the attack...I think they just killed him for fun."

The sparrow shivers again, and is silent. He closes his eyes and turns away from the gun, whether from brave resignation or yet more fear you can't tell.


Tiger Taoist, Sworddancer

"Sounds to me like he got in over his head and dive deeper with his need to fix it."


Male Raccoon: d6 Witch Finder: d6

Taken aback by the relevation, Delroy narrows his eyes. "Now that we know, Cedric will be sending those assassins after us now, Yes?" He was looking at Jean-Yves, though the statement was meant for his new colleagues. "There is no promise they can make that I would now trust." The bitter sting of betrayal the 'coon felt was very obvious in his voice. "The bastard probably does not even have the coin he offered for this farce of a job."

He then looked about the wreckage… So much kindling.


Female Bat : Star Elementalist

"So as the go-between, you have met these men who did this, yes?" Natalia asks with her too sweet voice. "You know where to find them, correct?"
While her voice is still too sweet, the wind around Natalia (and only Natalia) picks up, fluttering the frills and ribbons on her dress.
"And you could take us to meet them, yes?"
Natalia's voice has lost some of the sweetness, but gained an edge. More interesting to some might be her wand, which she casually holds, occasionally sparks and has a slight yellow glow.

GM:
Natalia casts and holds her Create Air spell in her wand. I see it as being more of an electrical discharge that a gust of wind.


Female Weasel Dilettante

"Gentles, Witch-Finder, Fianna...pirate...We have much to resolve here, including such looming questions of assassination, payment, Jean-Yves' erstwhile 'our people,'" The ermine mimics carefully the cadence of the sparrow's prior comment which damningly included him in collusion with the cutthroats and robbers. "...To say nothing of the material estate and honor of Houses Lissemanteau and Repense." Rosza Juette nods significantly to her friend Natalia.

"However, there is another question facing us as well."

The ermine lightly taps the tip of the sparrow's beak with the muzzle of her pistol, but otherwise keeps it aligned between the bird's eyes. "Can you guess what it might be, Jean-Yves? It is a matter of some importance to you!"

"I am, of course, wondering whether your life may yet be saved."


Male Hooman Utter Fool/4

Guillaume de Laurraine, tired of attempting to control the various popinjays, lunatics, and downright idiots of Rosza's entourage finally elected to inject himself further into the havoc that inevitably followed her.

"Dearest Rosza Juette, do we really NEED to kill him? I mean, you know how much trouble that ends up being. Sure, we're outside the city now but if someone here traced it back to us well...as much as I detest the violence we always end up embroiled in, I must say that the firearms the Bisclavret bring in are always useful. We don't want to sour things on that end for the house, do we?"

The sparrow somehow took this as a good sign, because he immediately started bleating out "LISTEN TO YOUR FRIEND, HE'S SMART!" Whereupon the various beings of mustelid persuasion in the entourage all pointed their own guns at the bird.

And for the absolute most infinitesimal slice of time Jean-Yves the courier looks ready to bolt away as fast as his wings will carry him...and then slumps down, no longer guarding himself futilely. Defeated.

"What do you want me to do? I don't know them all by name...oh hell, I don't know any of their names. Cedric said it would protect me, hah! Fat lot of good it does now." The sparrow seemed to shed more of his fear as he spoke, doing the best a dirty bird sitting on its rump can do to seem useful.

"The best I can do is set out notice of a meeting...it's been awhile since the last one, and the last shipment, and everyone was spooked by what happened behind you there. The problem is," his eyes bespoke an imminent dilemma, "that I can't arouse suspicion or they'll go to ground somewhere I can't find. Which means I need to get into Harrowgate alone, and find you later once it's taken care of."


Male Wolf

Ceallach appears as though he's trying to figure all of this out, but looking at his eyes it's apparent that it isn't going so well.

"So...I don't get to eat him?"


Female Bat : Star Elementalist

"No Ceallach, you can't eat him... for now," Natalia replies. "I suppose we will need a place to meet at. What would you recommend, Jean-Yves?"

"Oh, and to make sure you don't get any ideas about leaving us in the lurch, or plotting something nasty..."
Natalia leans forward to the sparrow, and plucks a feather.
"This will allow us to find you where ever you go, or to even send our magical vengence to you without even being near you. So I hope you will be co-operative, yes?"

Natalia is hoping that Jean-Yves doesn't know enough about magic to realize she's bluffing him a bit.


Male Hooman Utter Fool/4

"Y-y-y-yes, Madonna. I don't know any particularly safe places, but losing one's self in the crush of peoples in the city is easy enough. Or...I suppose there's always squatting in the forest. Far too much of it to comb thoroughly, but that has its own risks. Sorry I can't be more helpful." His tone indicated he was frankly fine with being less helpful, but cooperation was saving his life and limbs for now.


Male Raccoon: d6 Witch Finder: d6

Delroy smirked, "A synechdochal link, Lady Ivanova? Very useful indeed."

Giving what the bat did a name, the correct name, would indeed lend plausability. If only he knew the right spells to take advantage.

In time he would be able to make use of the feather. Just not right now.


Tiger Taoist, Sworddancer

"I will definitely have to confer with you about magic, Madonna Ivanova"

Quinn looks suitably impressed with Natalia's claimed ability.


Male Wolf

Ceallach sniffs the bird mightily, planting his scent in his nose. "Be a nice birdy, and get things done the way they asked. Otherwise, I get to hunt you down." Ceallach stares evilly at the bird.

"I will. You won't."


Tiger Taoist, Sworddancer

"You know Ceallach, I could always show some of the... pain making ways we have in my land." Quinn looks almost eager at the prospect.

Quinn takes one last look around to memorize the site before they leave.


Male Hooman Utter Fool/4

Hours later, the group can be found in their suite of chambers in Harrowgate's largest and most famous (or infamous) inn, the Vulgar Grisette. While large, a bit gaudy, and perhaps too well-known and visible for the subterfuge needed on this mission, it is also within the old fortification walls, and halfway across the city from any of the major mercantile centers. Meaning of course that Harrowgate's rather known bad attitude toward Triskellian's Guilds and their servants should not be a problem so long as allegiances aren't openly advertised...or are falsified.

And thirdly, picking a large inn with suitable appointments for the well-to-do does wonders for shutting up a half-dozen irritable weasels all on edge from their jockeying for attention from the Madonna de Vieuxpont. James Reaver is conspicuously absent, having run off to the river shipyards as soon as the group arrived, with nary a notice or explanation.

Despite the church's open decrying of this establishment as a place of iniquity, you haven't seen any sign of it yet (much to the disappointment of at least a few hangers-on), though the place being large enough to be nearly a manor house of it's own you're sure it can't be far from sight.

Like most establishments in the area, the Vulgar Grisette is made of wood, a much higher quality than most thanks to its patronage and proximity to Chateau du Bisclavret (you can see it across the boulevard, actually!), the inner walls of the large suites are done in lacquer to accentuate the material's natural beauty, and a bit of wrought iron embellishments leafed in precious metals to show their money.

Surrounded by luxury, it comes as part hopeful surprise and part unfortunate sigh that Jean-Yves does in fact flutter into your picture window late in the afternoon, and blessing be upon the Light, because Rosza's entourage have all gathered downstairs to drink and plot and whatever else they do when they're not bothering her.

"I've-whew, sorry, long flight. I've managed to arrange something. They think you're extra help brought on by Cedric's creditors to finish overseeing his payments, or somesuch. Hard to tell if they really understand the lines I'm feeding them.

"Problem is, my Lord and Ladies, that they're spooked as I said earlier. They won't tell me, and by extension you, where to meet until someone they trust has vetted you...and given how the Bisclavret treat people in general...well, I think your Phelan friend here knows what I mean by "the laws demand a mediator." That's what they told me, at least."


Tiger Taoist, Sworddancer

"So we find a ... mediator to say we are ok?" Quinn looks questioningly, not very sure yet of the local politics or idioms.


Male Raccoon: d6 Witch Finder: d6

Delroy just shrugs as he stares down the Sparrow, finding himself enjoying this strange new world of backstabbing skullduggery he's found himself in. "Perhaps one of Lady Rosza's suitors has a connection we might use to gain the needed trust. Not to mention my own people's reputation. On that alone we might be let in." He means, of course, the popular opinions most non-Raccoons have towards masked ringtails such as himself.


Male Hooman Utter Fool/4

"No offense, but uh...you kind of exude "law-abiding citizen.""


Male Raccoon: d6 Witch Finder: d6

Delroy chuckles a little, "That is, sadly, true. Not to mention the fact that I am a terrible liar."

"I could say something about how hard it is… How I can still hear the choked screams of the damned in my dreams. How disillusioned I have become, and how that has made me examine my priorities. How little I am paid for state and church sanctioned murder."

He shrugged. "They might buy it. They might not. I will allow better liars than myself craft what tales may be needed. One as skilled as yourself should be smart enough to explain my presence. Yes?"

Dice:
1d8 ⇒ 6
Rolling Mind (No Deceit dice) to see if he can spin his tale convincingly. If he fails, he still gave Jean-Yves a good story to feed his people, and he'll just keep quiet when the time comes.


Male Hooman Utter Fool/4

Sorry it took me so long to respond, I got distracted by other games' problems.

The sparrow looks less than impressed, but grudgingly concedes the point. "That...could work. Not by itself though. Any other ideas to help your point along? Bright minds they aren't, but you're not exactly a great liar either."


Male Raccoon: d6 Witch Finder: d6

"We all had to start somewhere, Jean-Yvves."

The 'coon rolls a shoulder, taking a moment to try to think. He then shakes his head dismissively. Must have had a bad idea.

"I am open to suggestions, lest I spin tales of corruption within the Triskellion Church. Or perhaps something as simple as "I want in." would convince them? As I said, We all had to start somewhere."


Female Weasel Dilettante

When all was said and done, the ermine looked surprised and pleased at the way the bat and raccoon handled the suddenly-cooperative sparrow...Honestly, she had no idea that Natalia's studies were progressing so fast! But mages were (by definition) extraordinarily capable people.

She allows herself to be talked around to the new plan rather easily, and when her back is to the sparrow can even be caught grinning mischievously at the fashion in which everything worked out.

The ermine grins thinly at Delroy's suggestion. "Ah, I'm very sure that more than one of my associates knows a bit about calling 'Stand and deliver!' in the moonlight, but it would be most impolitic to suggest that to them until we're quite sure that's what's needed...And is that really what's needed?"

Rosza arches a brow at Ceallach when the sparrow points him out as someone knowledgeable. "They're looking for someone to mediate the laws? So what kind of a mediator are we looking at, wolf? And what kind of laws? This lot are a bunch of cut-throats and bandits who fear black magic and betrayal, so now they fall on the laws to protect themselves?"

"S'allumer's blood, I can't tell if we're trying to represent ourselves as lawful or un-lawful at this point!"

Not my best, sorry, it's late and I'm fresh off a plane and a long drive from the airport.


Male Wolf

Ceallach stares blankly at the sparrow before he realizes what he's saying. His face then becomes confused. "These kilters still use Brehon's to solve problems? I thought they'd have just thrown every troublemaker onto a slave ship by now." He chuffs, trying to think. It visibly pains him.

"I have no idea where we'd find one around here, but...I think I know who may. My friend Eamonn gave me a token to deliver to an...acquaintance." The word tumbles out of his mouth in sounded pieces, as though he'd just realized he hated what he was eating. "He told me to find her outside the walls. If you wait, I may be able to find something out."


Male Hooman Utter Fool/4

The sparrow seemed confused for a long moment before brightening with a shrug and perhaps an idea. Jean-Yves seemed more confident now, though perhaps it was just the distance from black magic that made him so.

"Well I wouldn't advise a lengthy search, since half of the city's "outside the walls" proper, those being the old fortifications around this part of town. On the other hand, if they meant the greater city walls and not the fortress, then you're looking for Cutach...known in the common tongues as "The Stumps."

"In my grand-daddy's day they say the Duke gave his official protection to a motley crew of folks coming down from Phelan lands. Disgraced families, war losers, escaped slaves and the like. It's um...well, pretty much the worst, most squalid neighborhood I've ever seen, but at least it doesn't smell like Old Town Triskellian. If you need a Brehon to vouch for you, it'll be there in the north outside the city walls. Because the Bisclavret have their own legal system, and they're not too fond of their ancestry as I'm sure you know. They say you can still find the um...Bee-awn-fail tales and songs there if you look hard enough too."

Jean-Yves shuffles his feet at the obvious mispronunciation of the old clan name, but seems to have tried his best with unfamiliar grammar, and now has no more words to spill out and seems nervous again.


Male Wolf

A real and actual laugh, untainted by anger, bloodthirst, or general evil erupts from Ceallach. "Your version...so bad! Hah hah hah! Oh, sparrow, I may not eat you after this is done. You'd make such a good pet! Hah!"

The laughter continues on, until Ceallach finally feels the eyes of those in the room upon him. "Fine, back to business. So, this Cutach then? This is where Phelan culture still lives in Bisclavret lands? What are we waiting for? I can find that woman, and a Brehon."


Tiger Taoist, Sworddancer

"Bee-awn-fail?" Quinn looks at Rosza inquiringly.


Male Wolf

"Beannfail. The tales of my people, often told in the howling tongue. Our history, our legends, our lives, all held by these stories. They remind us what it is to be Feanna, why we seek the knowledge of the Druids, and teach our Brehon the laws and the ways."

Ceallach is obviously rather prideful of his heritage, and wastes no time in preparting to step out. Admittedly, this only consists of him checking for Eamonn's locket and then opening the door.

"So. Who's coming?"


Female Red Fox

Outside of the Vulgar Grisette, getting read to enter was a female red fox, seemingly dressed for an adventurers life. She had on a suit of leather armor, and had several weapons, all in scabbards she'd been reaching for the door to knock on it when it opened.

"Oh, Greetings." The fox woman said, as she nodded at the Wolf. "I hope the light of the divine finds you well this morning."


Tiger Taoist, Sworddancer

Quinn reflexively reaches for her sword, then calms. Then waits to see who knows her if anyone.


Male Raccoon: d6 Witch Finder: d6

Behind Quinn stood a Raccoon, of golden pelt, dressed in fine grey robes with a tall, flat topped, wide brimmed hat. He placed a hand on Quinn's shoulder for but a moment, then nodded to the Fox, "We lost an oyster and found a pearl. Well met, Sister?" He had not heard anyone use such a greeting as she since his time training in the Cathedral, and while the stranger was not garbed as he might have expected, he risked the title.

"The light finds me well enough, though I dare not speak for my colleagues."


Female Red Fox

"Well met brother." Javiera replied, as she nodded to the Raccoon. She was glad to see another follower of the light who traveled. Most priests stayed where they were posted all their lives. Javiera had that bit of wanderlust in her heart to see the world, all it's marvels, and bring justice to the people

"I do hope I am not interrupting anything important. I was trying to find a place to rest my feet for a few moments, and perhaps get something to eat."


Tiger Taoist, Sworddancer

Well Quinn would normally wait to see the other locals react to her but since no one has posted...

"I am Lady Kuin Hiridiring... Snacks, over there...chair, over there."

She eyes the newcomer warily but not overly hostile either.


Male Wolf

Ceallach sniffs the lady as she enters. "Clean stone and cloth. More like the racoon?"


Male Hooman Utter Fool/4

"While I'd love to stay and chat, we have business to be doing that may be time-sensitive...remember the important business? Everyone? We need to get to this "Cutach" neighborhood soon." Guillaume de Laurraine clearly didn't want to get hung up on this newcomer that was blocking the doorway...though the dwindling nature of the "gift bag" of funds might also have something to do with his desire for haste. That and the crowd of increasingly annoyed mustelids behind him.

Javiera:
As soon as you hear the word "Cutach" you realize these people are up to something. Aside from the apparent Phelan Atavist in their group, nobody would go to Cutach unless they needed to meet something or someone shady.

You've actually done a good amount of work (surprisingly well-received) in the neighborhood as the local S'Allumer church has attempted to convert the "heathens" repeatedly despite their ducal mandate of the state religion not holding water in Cutach as it separated from the rest of the Bisclavret lands by a kind ruler in the past.

Given how much the natives in "The Stumps" (translation from Cutach) don't trust other Calabrians, or any outsiders, your knowledge and "in" with the Phelan there might help them overlook the rest of the group, who will likely make trouble despite one of their own being present, as he's a mite suspect.

How much of this you share is up to you.


Tiger Taoist, Sworddancer

"We were on our way to take care of some business, though I guess Delroy and I could stay here and entertain the...guest. Maybe she can tell me about the local...way-of-things, she follows or something." She does not look excited at the prospect, but the silence was getting to her.

151 to 200 of 1,247 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Ironclaw: The Will To Power All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.