Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Starfinder


Pathfinder Society


Pathfinder Adventure Card Game


Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Paizo.com Gift Certificates
On Sale and Clearance!

Iron Gods AP - GM Red Box

Game Master Twistlok

Torch Map
Tatical Maps
Notes
Loot Sheet


1 to 50 of 427 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | next > last >>

Male Iron Gods 1 -Tactical Map

You have all arrived, early in the morning as is custom, at the Town Hall each for your own reasons but knowing the same general information..

Like most of the buildings in Torch the Town Hall is stone construction though of a higher quality than most. At three stories tall it is one of the grander buildings in town and it is evident that local artisans have taken the opportunity to shows their skill. Over the years someone has installed artful metal shutters depecting either torch itself of things they have created. The shutters along with the high quality ceramic roof tiles show that the town takes pride in its work.

Inside the main meeting room is plain but well appointed. There is a large table used by the council members as well as plenty of room for town functions such as dances.. Behind the table there is a large (10ft tall) sculpture of a blacksmith.

Statue

The council has not arrived yet but should be in at any moment.

Extinguished Torch:

Extinguished Torch: The violet flame that has burned atop Black Hill for over a century has gone out, leaving a strangely seeping pit of rubble and bubbling fluids where the town’s livelihood once glowed day and night.

Missing Councilor:

Missing Councilor: Ever since Councilor Khonnir Baine, one of Torch’s more powerful wizards and a well-liked individual, went missing on his second expedition under Black Hill, the citizens of the nervous town have edged closer to outright panic.

With their hands full handling the growing refuse and waste problems in town now that their primary disposal method is gone, the town council is eager to find out what happened to Khonnir and rescue him— they’ve made public a reward of 4,000 gp to any group that can recover Khonnir’s body; if he can be returned alive, they’ve promised to throw in the scroll of resurrection they’ve been holding on to in case they need to revive him. Interested parties are invited to speak to the council at Town Hall

Black Hills:

Black Hill Caves: Khonnir Baine discovered the signs of unusual traffic on the banks of Weeping Pond, and shortly thereafter, the submerged tunnel that provides access to several heretofore unknown tunnels under Black Hill. His emergence from the caves with a deactivated semi-humanoid automaton sparked worries that something strange might be going on in the caverns, but when he failed to return from his second expedition a few days ago, those worries turned to outright fear. Several other adventuring parties have gone missing in the caves, and Torch finds itself running short on new volunteers

[color=Red] Each player who has been in town for more than two weeks roll a d20. [/color]


Bard 1 | HP 10/10 | BP 4/7 | Init 2 | Per 4 | AC 14 | T 10 | FF 14 | Fort +2 | Ref +2 | Will +2 | Whip +2 (1d4+2)
Spells:
Grease DC14, technomancy, detect magic, read magic, ghost sound DC13, prestidigitation

1d20 ⇒ 12
Xandar has been recovering in Torch for that last month after he was seperated from his team and trapped underground. He arrives at the Town hall a little bit earliere than the invitation to get a chance to look around the halls before they are briefed on something of a missing councilor.


Male Human Steel Hound (Investigator) 0 / Gunslinger 1 | HP: 10/12 | AC: 16 (13 tch, 13 ff) | F +3 R +5 W +2 | Init: +3 Perc: +6 | Active Conditions: None

1d20 ⇒ 18

A grizzled looking man with a leather overcoat and floppy leather hat strides in like he owns the place. Looking around and seeing no council members, he finds a seat a plops down into it.

Knowing Khonnir, he has simply gotten distracted by some find and forgot to send any word. Still, I worry about the old man, and aim to find him if I can. I should have gone on the expedition with him...

"When is this meeting gonna start? I ain't got all day..."

Grand Lodge

Male Dwarf Cleric (of Torag)HP:8,Init:+1,Per:+4,F/R/W:+3/+2/+6 AC:18(t:11ff:17)Warhammer:+3

1d20 ⇒ 11

Augar devotee to Torag had come forth form his burgeoning project to seek out more than mere craftsmanship. A cleric who seeks to covert and glorify the very name of Torag to every dwarf and dwarven ally he meets chose to branch out. Holding his scripture in one hand he made his way from the forge to the town hall.

Striding through helmet under one arm he uttered a quick prayer to his god, before he chose a seat. As he did he let his shield rest in front of him. The heavy worn wood recently lacquered, studded and painted. Its sigil was that of a small clan of Dwarfs known as the Battlehammers whose sigil was a down turned hammer in front of a foaming mug. This clearly was displayed on the shield which in turn was style on the irtricate pattern work of his helmet and hammer.

Augar looked about the room, his good eye sizing up the others before he opened his scripture and began to read to himself. The council had not shown and he was not one who cared for small talk.


Destined Bloodrager 1:
| HP 15/15 | Init +1 | Per +5 | AC 15 | T 11 | FF 14 | Fort +4 | Ref +1 | Will +1 (+3 in rage) | Weapon +4 (2d6+4) (+6, 2d6+7 in rage)
Perishables:
4 Spears, 5 Trail Rations, 10 Torches, 9 rounds of rage per day, Alter Self 1x per day

Dot until post


Witch 1/Sorcerer* | HP 8/8 | Init +2 | Per +7 | AC 12 | T 12 | FF 10 | Fort +1 | Ref +2 | Will +2 | Sling +2 (1d4-1)
Spoiler:
1st Level Spells Infernal Healing, Mage Armor Cantrips Dancing Lights, Guidance, Mending

1d20 ⇒ 19

Elkin arrived early to the Town Hall. It being roughly two to three months since he settled in the small town, his work assisting with flare-ups at the torch itself had been a revelation. Never before had he had his intellect challenged in such a rewarding way. Life in a nomadic Kellid tribe had left much to be desired on that count; having an outlet for his mind was something he never knew was missing before now.

And now the torch itself has gone out. Am I to lose this new life before it even has a chance to begin?

He settled himself into the room awaiting the town leadership. Something's got to be done. I'm willing to do it, if I have to. I can't risk losing what I've got going here; not now.

As he waits, he looks around the room, nodding his head at faces that he's just now starting to recognize as familiar.


Destined Bloodrager 1:
| HP 15/15 | Init +1 | Per +5 | AC 15 | T 11 | FF 14 | Fort +4 | Ref +1 | Will +1 (+3 in rage) | Weapon +4 (2d6+4) (+6, 2d6+7 in rage)
Perishables:
4 Spears, 5 Trail Rations, 10 Torches, 9 rounds of rage per day, Alter Self 1x per day

While many would be standing Crystal could not help but stand to get a better look at the metal on the rafters. She didn't have a keen eye for the sort of thing at all, but as a worshiper of Gorum it was impossible to not simply stare and wonder if it was her own tribe who might have made that.

Her thought is interrupted, however, by a nearby man grumbling under his breath (or so it seemed to her, anyways) James Quintik

She gave a small laugh as her eyes moved towards the sculpture of the smith "These city folk do things on their own time. And even the time they set isn't their own time. That's the problem with routine after all."

Crystal would give another sigh as she moved as close as she comfortably could to inspect the statue of the smith, staying well and clear away from where the council would sit. She was armed with several weapons, after all, and wanted to do everything in her power to come across as curious instead of menacing.

If she has time, GM, she'll be taking 20 on perception here while waiting for the Council and admiring the metal works. She simply cannot help herself.

Blank Roll: 1d20 ⇒ 15
Perception if no Take 10 / 20 for Metal Rafters: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23

Same as above for Smith Statue: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 22

Lore (Gorum) Just in case she should know what it is: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6


Spells:
1st—gravity bow[APG], grease, mage armor 0 (at will)—detect magic, light, ray of frost
Female human (Taldan) Wizard 1 AC 14 (+2 Iron Skin) | T 12 | FF 10 | HP 9/9 | F +2 | R +2 | W +1 | Int +2 | Per -1

Vedina Merenda strolls into the Town Hall as if she owns it. She's a blond human of average height. Dressed in well made and stylish clothing. Well it was stylish a season or two ago in Taldor.

Vedina has been in Torch for several months trying to study the properties of metals with the dwarven smiths. She spends as much time with them as a dwarf will allow human hang around. When not at the smith, she has been seen digging through ruins looking for interesting things.

"Good morning all. What a lovely day for a meeting. Where is everyone?"

1d20: 1d20 ⇒ 7


Bard 1 | HP 10/10 | BP 4/7 | Init 2 | Per 4 | AC 14 | T 10 | FF 14 | Fort +2 | Ref +2 | Will +2 | Whip +2 (1d4+2)
Spells:
Grease DC14, technomancy, detect magic, read magic, ghost sound DC13, prestidigitation

"I guess they are showing on thier own time." Xabdar responds to Vedia giving her a slight bow, not too deep as it still pains him a bit "Note to self, no more bows today." He than resumes admirring the build speaking to himself "Wonder how old this place is. The metalwork is extraordinary."

Engineering: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (11) + 7 = 18 To learn about the construction.


Male Iron Gods 1 -Tactical Map

Crystal, the rafters are some of the few wooden elements of the building along with the window frames.

The statue, of a working blacksmith, is made of glaucite. A rare metal that is extremely difficult to work with. Clearly whoever created this work had a skill level far exceeding most artisans. A close inspections reveals two things:

1. The are areas where a more forgiving metal has been worked into the stature to allow for higher detail.

2. There is a small plaque reading -
"To My Beloved
from the fire
and to the fire"
Willament Casswick
4604 (it is currently 4714)

Your knowledge of Gorum proves unhelpful.


Male Iron Gods 1 -Tactical Map

Xander, you would place the building as being well over 100 years old. The structure was probably started a decade before the Technic League first became a presence in the affairs of Torch in 4612.


Male Iron Gods 1 -Tactical Map

Each of you has heard rumors around the town. Some of them may be theories that you came up with yourself.

Xander:
12- Something’s been raiding Seven Tears Farms lately, crushing some crops and stealing others. Whatever’s doing it leaves these big round footprints in the ground.

James:
18- Ratfolk bandits have been becoming more and more of a problem on the roads to the east. Someone’s gotta do something about them!

Augar:
11- Old Mylan Radli’s not really a worshiper of Pharasma—he’s a worshiper of Zyphus, and he’s just biding his time before the graveyard’s full so he can raise up an army of the undead!

Elkin:
19- Garritt the Junkmaster found something a few weeks ago that lit up his shack like a second torch. He’s been real quiet lately. Wonder what he’s hiding in that junkyard?

Crystal:
15- Garmen’s not the actual boss of the Ropefist gang. They’re actually agents of the Technic League!

Vedia:
7- I always figured Black Hill was hollow. There’s probably some big ancient ruin under our very feet connected to whatever machine makes the violet fire on the hilltop.


Male Iron Gods 1 -Tactical Map

Well there did not seem to be much conversation since yesterday so I will move things along.

After a few minutes of admiring the room and conversation an older female dwarf with white hair, Dolga Freddert, enters the room. She is one of the council members and in her youth had been known to crack a few heads when needed.

Dolga Freddert

“Don’t look for the others, they are engaged elsewhere at the moment, much to my regret. Otterbi and Kyte are working on the sewage problems and Murgrave has another headache, like a quarter of the town these days.”

She nods to the people in the group that she knows with a tired smile that doesn't quite reach her eyes.

“I recognize some of you. I am guessing you are here about Councilor Baine, correct? We could sure the help it seems the last group has not come back out and we” she out of habit makes a gesture to include the council that is not present. “Well I am concerned for them.”

At this point she seats herself and waits as there is no point in going on if you are hear for other reasons.


Spells:
1st—gravity bow[APG], grease, mage armor 0 (at will)—detect magic, light, ray of frost
Female human (Taldan) Wizard 1 AC 14 (+2 Iron Skin) | T 12 | FF 10 | HP 9/9 | F +2 | R +2 | W +1 | Int +2 | Per -1

Vedina takes a seat near the table, and nods in agreement. I'm here about Councilor Baine. I'm interested in those caverns, and am willing to explore them for an answer to what happened to the torch and the Councilor." As well as the reward. "Can you give us any further information about the other groups that have gone inside? Who beside the Councilor was in the group?"


Bard 1 | HP 10/10 | BP 4/7 | Init 2 | Per 4 | AC 14 | T 10 | FF 14 | Fort +2 | Ref +2 | Will +2 | Whip +2 (1d4+2)
Spells:
Grease DC14, technomancy, detect magic, read magic, ghost sound DC13, prestidigitation

"Well the invitation said something about a missing Councilman, but I must confess I haven't heard much about it." Xandar says as he sits down in a chair. "I've spent most of the last month in a rehabilitation center, so I have only heard rumors here and there. I would also welcome any infomation you are able to share, do you mind I write it down in my journal."

Grand Lodge

Male Dwarf Cleric (of Torag)HP:8,Init:+1,Per:+4,F/R/W:+3/+2/+6 AC:18(t:11ff:17)Warhammer:+3

Augar looks up from his book. Its divine words closed for now as he scratched his right eyebrow before stroking his beard. He knew of the Councilmans' disappearance, but like most things he was working on his craft in glorious honor to Torag! However he had seen the effects the lack of leadership and the Flame was doing to the community and a wise man did not let the rust spread. No he would have to sand and polish.

"Yes elder, I have come to aid in the rescue of Councilman Baine, in an effort to help repair the city before more things begin to rust." Augar said in a thunderous bass that even at a whisper thumped in the room. His rumbling voice aside he looked at the others gathered. To him they all looked like they could use Torag in their life!


Witch 1/Sorcerer* | HP 8/8 | Init +2 | Per +7 | AC 12 | T 12 | FF 10 | Fort +1 | Ref +2 | Will +2 | Sling +2 (1d4-1)
Spoiler:
1st Level Spells Infernal Healing, Mage Armor Cantrips Dancing Lights, Guidance, Mending

Elkin politely speaks up. "I came for something to do. With the torch out, my job has basically gone away, and I don't have much of a livelihood in Torch without it. I can't go back to my tribe, so if I can help out at the torch itself, I'd be happy to help find the councilman."

"Baine, you say? What do we know about him?"


Male Iron Gods 1 -Tactical Map

Dolga is glad for the questions.

This group looks competent at least. Maybe they can help work this out.

"Excellent questions all. Don't be shy I probably will leave things out if not reminded."

"First I am sorry to hear about your injuries young man, I trust you are fully recovered. Feel free to take notes."

"Khonnir Baine has been around town for a long time and probably knows the most about some of the technological marvels floating around of anyone outside the League. He has helped this town immensely over the years. If I am not mistaken, some of you know him already, and may be able to fill in some holes."

“Four teams in all have entered the caves, but only one came back to report what they found—Khonnir’s first expedition. Khonnir spoke at length with the council before going back in, and he confirmed what his group told us, despite how outlandish it sounded. The first team was a group of half ling adventurers, the second a group of local thugs, and the fourth a small adventuring party devoted to the worship of Brigh from out of town. Khonnir’s team undertook the third and fifth expeditions under Black Hill, and it was on the fifth expedition—his second trip—that he went missing.”


Male Dwarf Paladin(Stonelord) 1 hp 17/17, Init +2; darkvision 60 ft.; Per +4, AC 17, T12, FF15, F+6, R+2, W+2, helm+4(1d4+3)/dorn-dergar+4(1d10+4)

Hurrying through the door just after the meeting starts is a relatively tall dwarf with a remarkably short beard of dark brown. A look of frustration on his face, he nods at any who acknowledge him and gruffly offers an apology. "Sorry for my tardiness lads, laddies. I had a wee bit too much too drink last night at the Foundry. Yes, I'm here to find out what's happened to me good friend Khonnir. I'll happily join any expedition to find him." he says, concern visible on his face.


Male Human Steel Hound (Investigator) 0 / Gunslinger 1 | HP: 10/12 | AC: 16 (13 tch, 13 ff) | F +3 R +5 W +2 | Init: +3 Perc: +6 | Active Conditions: None

"I take it you can direct us to the entrance?"


Bard 1 | HP 10/10 | BP 4/7 | Init 2 | Per 4 | AC 14 | T 10 | FF 14 | Fort +2 | Ref +2 | Will +2 | Whip +2 (1d4+2)
Spells:
Grease DC14, technomancy, detect magic, read magic, ghost sound DC13, prestidigitation

"Why thank you I'm fine, just got to avoid getting trapped in a gave again for some time." Xandar says with a smile. "So what is this Black Hill exactly? I have heard something about some kinda of humanoid automaton and tunnels, but not much els."


Male Iron Gods 1 -Tactical Map

Dolga continues, clearly trying to check of a mental list of what to tell people.

"Forgive me, when you have given information to a few groups it is hard to remember what you told who and I don't want to leave things out."

“There is an underwater passage connecting them to the weeping pond. now labeled on the map. Khonnir noticed a large number of human footprints the day after torch went out. He was testing the water to make sure it hadn’t getting more toxic. He saw a group had gone in but not come out.” Anyone who lives in town would know where this is.

““The caves are inhabited by several enormous vermin and other scavengers, along with some strange humanoids who had the ability to blend into the shadows of the cave walls, and a nest of gremlins. Khonnir believed this indicated a deeper connection in the caves to the Darklands, but of more immediate interest was his discovery of a wall of solid metal deep in the caves. A wall made of a skymetal alloy called glaucite. He said it was like the kind we mine from the hills and surrounding plains, but formed into a structure with doors. It was near one of these doors that Khonnir found the broken automaton that he brought back after his first expedition.”

"If you are headed that way we can talk about how I can help you. I would also suggest you check in at The Foundry, Khonnir's tavern, they will put you and provide a home base as they had for the others."


Bard 1 | HP 10/10 | BP 4/7 | Init 2 | Per 4 | AC 14 | T 10 | FF 14 | Fort +2 | Ref +2 | Will +2 | Whip +2 (1d4+2)
Spells:
Grease DC14, technomancy, detect magic, read magic, ghost sound DC13, prestidigitation

"Hmm I wonder if these caves have any connection to the Silver Mount. I am really fired up to go and study this place now."


Destined Bloodrager 1:
| HP 15/15 | Init +1 | Per +5 | AC 15 | T 11 | FF 14 | Fort +4 | Ref +1 | Will +1 (+3 in rage) | Weapon +4 (2d6+4) (+6, 2d6+7 in rage)
Perishables:
4 Spears, 5 Trail Rations, 10 Torches, 9 rounds of rage per day, Alter Self 1x per day

Crystal would have remained standing during the entire speech of the council woman. She would pace back and forth as her hands found the pommel of her mighty iron earth breaker, fiddled with a spear, and rambled through the large pack of tools on her back.

At the mention of the dangers at Blackhill Crystal would raise a hand and politely question "I am of the few who have tried to live solely off the lands of the Blackhill... Hunt, scavenge, trap, and mine dive... These are what made the Blackhill Tribe truly thrive. But... Tell me, please... Clearly these other teams have made some sort of error... If they have not returned, if I, a native, must find them... There must be some clue as to what went wrong... Do you have anything, my dear Dolga?"

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 20


Male Iron Gods 1 -Tactical Map

Dolga directs this answer as a response to Crystal.

"You sound most prepared young lady and ask a good question."

Clearly she thinks favorably of you.

“Very little. Khonnir did bring back some reports of what he thought happened to the first two groups along with a report from his first. The halflings appear to have been killed by giant rodents present in the cave. The second group of local thugs was killed by intelligent creatures that live deeper in the cave, he called them “skulks”.

“Khonnir’s first group killed several “skills” and think they killed the leader They made it further to a large metal door that when opened led to a chamber they could not see all of. Khonnir pulled the group back at that point because he found some sort of machine he wanted to study.?”

“Sadly the others from that expedition seem to have lost the taste for it. They took some payment from Khonnir and left town as far as I know.”

James:

@James - I did not find your backstory at a quick glance. Did you take the trait that has you knowing / working with Khonnir? If you you would have seen what he brought back but not been able to make much of it other then it looks like a deactivated construct of exotic materials.


Bard 1 | HP 10/10 | BP 4/7 | Init 2 | Per 4 | AC 14 | T 10 | FF 14 | Fort +2 | Ref +2 | Will +2 | Whip +2 (1d4+2)
Spells:
Grease DC14, technomancy, detect magic, read magic, ghost sound DC13, prestidigitation

"So are we to assume they went back to fully explorer that room they stopped at on the first expedition?" Also do we know anything about the creatures living inside?

I'm thinking mostly if we need some special kind of equipment to deal with any of the inhabitants?


Spells:
1st—gravity bow[APG], grease, mage armor 0 (at will)—detect magic, light, ray of frost
Female human (Taldan) Wizard 1 AC 14 (+2 Iron Skin) | T 12 | FF 10 | HP 9/9 | F +2 | R +2 | W +1 | Int +2 | Per -1

"Do I understand correctly that he went back in alone? That seems foolish. Exploring alone is not a wise decision." Vedia perks up at the mention of the metal wall and the doors as well as the metal construct.


Male Iron Gods 1 -Tactical Map

Dogal, at this point, has warmed to the topic and you would guess that she is feeling good about the odds of you all taking up the mission.

"Perhaps I was unclear, his second trip back was also with a group of adventures who had shown up to help. Khonnir would not be so foolish as to go alone."

"I do not know much of the "skulks, Khonnir simply said they were ugly buggers and blended into the stone. I am sure he knew more about them but, as I was not going in, I didn't ask. Of the other threats, the large rodents, well if you have done any adventuring you have dealt with that sort of thing."

"It sounds like you guys are going to take up the challenge so I can offer a few other things."

“Once you’re on the job, I’ll give each of you a writ that you can show to any of the merchants in town for a flat 20% discount on any gear you need to purchase—I wish I could offer a greater discount than that, but that’s the best I can do. Further, Val, Khonnir’s adopted daughter, has closed down her father’s tavern, the Foundry, for the time being. She’s told me that any group that’s going into the caves to look for her father can use the tavern, free of charge, as a headquarters and a place to rest between forays.

Finally, the entrance to the caves is flooded. You’ll need to swim a bit to get to the caves. Joram Kyte has agreed to coem to The Foundry and cast water breathing on any group to aid in entering the caves—free of charge, of course. It only lasts for five or six hours so you may need multiple trips as swimming with weapons is difficult without the spell. You can also find him at the temple of Brigh if need be.”

Grand Lodge

Male Dwarf Cleric (of Torag)HP:8,Init:+1,Per:+4,F/R/W:+3/+2/+6 AC:18(t:11ff:17)Warhammer:+3

Augar looks at the elder as she spoke. The few times he didnt he looked over at the young woman who seemed to fidgit here and there. It was distracting but he managed to get the gist of it.

Upon hearing the talk of swimming Augars' brow furrowed and his features seemed to frown. At the end he nodded, fighting back his concern at having to swim he spoke.

" Seems we have a good deal of jnformation to go off of. I myself am looking forward to getting tbings back in working order.As for us I say we figure at the tavern we can figure out each others strengths and weaknesses there. That's if that is alright witb the council woman and the group?" he said in a stern gruff manner bore from his years training dwarfljngs to cast metal to flame and shape it into something beautiful.


Witch 1/Sorcerer* | HP 8/8 | Init +2 | Per +7 | AC 12 | T 12 | FF 10 | Fort +1 | Ref +2 | Will +2 | Sling +2 (1d4-1)
Spoiler:
1st Level Spells Infernal Healing, Mage Armor Cantrips Dancing Lights, Guidance, Mending

Wow, there's a lot to do here! This is all so much to process. Elkin's brow furrowed with concern; his life was already so different now than what it was just a few months before, and now everything was changing again, and so rapidly!

Calm down; think about it. You're getting a place to stay, and something to do. You're going to get to stay in Torch; that much isn't changing. This is a good thing; this is what you wanted, just not how you imagined it happening. Go with this!

Elkin allows his face to relax into a tentative smile. "I think this sounds good! We should head to The Foundry, then, and get prepared." He gets up and looks ready to go.


Male Human Steel Hound (Investigator) 0 / Gunslinger 1 | HP: 10/12 | AC: 16 (13 tch, 13 ff) | F +3 R +5 W +2 | Init: +3 Perc: +6 | Active Conditions: None

GM:
Yes, James and Khonnir were collegues, if not friends (did take that trait). I don't know what happened to my background write up - looking for it now to add it to my sheet. But the basic gist is that Quintock is a treasure hunter/artifact seeker, and has more recently become fascinated with mechanical constructs, clockworks, etc. When he came to Torch, he ran into Khonnir at his tavern, got to talking, and found they had shared interests. He has met the daughter a few times, but not really ever gotten to know her beyond basic platitudes and casual conversation.

"That's a nice set of offers, there. Yah, I say we stop by and see Val, and chat her up a bit. She might know more. I was supposed to be on that second expedition, so perhaps I got a bit of luck there. I know Khonnir wsan't expecting too much trouble, but he would have gone prepared to deal with a few cave dwellers. Maybe there was more in that metal room than he bargained for. Might be we should take a closer look at what he brought back, too. I saw it, but only briefly. He promised to show me more after he had some time to play with it. Anyway, let's move on - get stock of what we need and get it. I would like to head in today, if still possible."

With that, if there are no objections, he leads the way to The Foundry.


Spells:
1st—gravity bow[APG], grease, mage armor 0 (at will)—detect magic, light, ray of frost
Female human (Taldan) Wizard 1 AC 14 (+2 Iron Skin) | T 12 | FF 10 | HP 9/9 | F +2 | R +2 | W +1 | Int +2 | Per -1

"Before we go. I wanted to make sure the previously mentioned reward is still on the table. I do appreciate the offer of a discount at the merchants. And as much as I want to help my new community out of the goodness of my heart a girl has expenses. Scribing scrolls and replacing gear isn't cheap."

-Posted with Wayfinder


Bard 1 | HP 10/10 | BP 4/7 | Init 2 | Per 4 | AC 14 | T 10 | FF 14 | Fort +2 | Ref +2 | Will +2 | Whip +2 (1d4+2)
Spells:
Grease DC14, technomancy, detect magic, read magic, ghost sound DC13, prestidigitation

"I agree to undertake this task. It would be good to stop by the foundry to drop off a few of the heavier gear, that would be heavy to swim with. And it doesn't hurt to also get a moment to plan the search out."


Male Dwarf Paladin(Stonelord) 1 hp 17/17, Init +2; darkvision 60 ft.; Per +4, AC 17, T12, FF15, F+6, R+2, W+2, helm+4(1d4+3)/dorn-dergar+4(1d10+4)

Ivar nods. "Oh, aye. We should be headin' to the Foundry directly."


Male Iron Gods 1 -Tactical Map

Regarding Vedia with a tired grin.

"Of course the reward is on the table. You would also probably have a welcome place in the community for as long as folks remember should you succeed."

"I will send a runner to Joram as well to let him know you will be needing him." eyeing her fellow dwarves "My people are not knowen for their grace in the water."

Assume that Joram, the priest, will meet you at the entrance when you head there to provide water breathing.


Male Iron Gods 1 -Tactical Map

Moving on to The Foundry. I will happily ret-con any further conversation needed.

[color=red] See Tactical Map For Image [/color]

The Foundry is a series of three buildings. Khonnir’s home, the titular Foundry and most importantly a tavern. All buildings are single story stone structures with slightly peaked roofs covered in cut slate. There is little activity on the way to or around the buildings but you can tell from the time worn tracks in the ground this is not the norm.

As you approach the front of the tavern you hear a woman or girl scream in terror from the house behind! The scream is quickly followed by crashes, shouts and the same voice cursing.

Know: Local 10 or Resident:

The Foundry Tavern is one of Torch’s most popular venues, but since the torch went out and its owner, Khonnir, went missing, the townsfolk have had little reason to celebrate. In honor of her missing foster father, Val Baine closed both the tavern and the foundry until further notice, reserving the former as a place to rest and recuperate for any group heading into the caves to look for Khonnir.


Male Iron Gods 1 -Tactical Map

As you come around the corner of the building you see an unusual sight, five foot tall metal (?) construct of some sort methodically destroying portions of the house. It’s three spider like legs allow it to move smoothly in any direction easily. As it moves it is clear that the things is damaged from the grinding sounds coming from within and what looks like gaps in its caprice.

The construct makes not move to attack but continues dismantling the house.

Initiative Augar: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 1 = 20
Initiative Crystal: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 1 = 10
Initiative Elkin: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 16
Initiative Ivar: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14
Initiative James: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22
Initiative Vedia: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 = 12
Initiative Xander: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10

Initiative Construct: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 17

Bold may act Jame, Augar
Construct
Elkiin, Ivar, Vedia, Crystal, Xander

Map with tokens added to tactical.

Grand Lodge

Male Dwarf Cleric (of Torag)HP:8,Init:+1,Per:+4,F/R/W:+3/+2/+6 AC:18(t:11ff:17)Warhammer:+3

Okay so I see how far away it is. Its attacking and seems damaged.

Augar looks at those about him and seeing that he would need to really move he pulled forth his holy symbol. In his native tongue of Dwarvish he spoke the words of his holy incantation. As he did air stirred and faint sounds of hammers ringing began to form as he finally crescendo to the climax. The last tone sending a pulse that made all his allies around swell with the blessed power of Torag! Me casting Bless


Male Human Steel Hound (Investigator) 0 / Gunslinger 1 | HP: 10/12 | AC: 16 (13 tch, 13 ff) | F +3 R +5 W +2 | Init: +3 Perc: +6 | Active Conditions: None

Quintock stalks up to get a closer look, thinking the thing is fascinating but wanting to stop it from destroying the house.

Knowledge, engineering: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (14) + 10 = 24 Is there an off switch? If not...

James draws his pistol and fires at it. Use a grit point to allow dead aim ofr touch attack.
Ranged Touch, PB, Bless, 2nd range: 1d20 + 4 + 1 + 1 - 2 ⇒ (10) + 4 + 1 + 1 - 2 = 14
Damage: 1d8 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 + 1 = 8


Male Iron Gods 1 -Tactical Map

@James
No power switch exists.

James bullet flys true, striking the creature in one of its shoulders knocking the armor off and damaging the workings below.

With a terrible grinding noise the head of the construct wips in your direction as the machine rushes towards James. Using no finesse it simply brings its arms down on top of James.

Slam; James: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 19
Dam: 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5

Bold may act Jame, Augar
Construct
Elkiin, Ivar, Vedia, Crystal, Xander

Grand Lodge

Male Dwarf Cleric (of Torag)HP:8,Init:+1,Per:+4,F/R/W:+3/+2/+6 AC:18(t:11ff:17)Warhammer:+3

remember you are under the effects of bless


Witch 1/Sorcerer* | HP 8/8 | Init +2 | Per +7 | AC 12 | T 12 | FF 10 | Fort +1 | Ref +2 | Will +2 | Sling +2 (1d4-1)
Spoiler:
1st Level Spells Infernal Healing, Mage Armor Cantrips Dancing Lights, Guidance, Mending

Elkin moves to get a better view of the construct, staying well back and behind the others. He studies it, hoping to learn something of its makeup, or if it has any weaknesses.

Knowledge (arcana): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (2) + 8 = 10 +2 from Stargazer trait if this is considered an alien monster = 12

He gently places his hand on the back of Crystal's shoulder, quietly uttering a small invocation. "hidoyat ish"

Hallit:
Act with guidance

Casting guidance to grant a +1 competence bonus on a single attack roll, saving throw, or skill check.


Male Dwarf Paladin(Stonelord) 1 hp 17/17, Init +2; darkvision 60 ft.; Per +4, AC 17, T12, FF15, F+6, R+2, W+2, helm+4(1d4+3)/dorn-dergar+4(1d10+4)

As he shuffles to the side to get a clear angle, Ivar murmurs a quick prayer "Trudd grant me strength to smash this unholy creation." Uncoiling a length of chain from around his waist, swinging it rapidly around him, before slamming its fist-sized head into the robot.

Attack(Bless, Stonestrike, Robot Slayer): 1d20 + 4 + 1 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 4 + 1 + 1 + 1 = 26
Damage(Stonestrike, Warsmith): 1d10 + 4 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 4 + 1 + 1 = 12

Using Stonestrike for this turn, I get +1 to attack and damage, ignore 2 points of hardness, and get a +1 Dodge bonus to AC. My traits, Robot Slayer and Warsmith, grant +1 to attack and damage (respectively).


Male Iron Gods 1 -Tactical Map

The construct lists to one side precariously, clearly near the end of its functionality.

Elkin, you learn nothing that you did not already know about the construct.


Spells:
1st—gravity bow[APG], grease, mage armor 0 (at will)—detect magic, light, ray of frost
Female human (Taldan) Wizard 1 AC 14 (+2 Iron Skin) | T 12 | FF 10 | HP 9/9 | F +2 | R +2 | W +1 | Int +2 | Per -1

Vedina fires off a Ray of Frost at the construct. Her affinity with metals make the attack hit harder.

Ranged Touch attack: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 20
Damage : 1d3 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4 The +1 is from my wizard school.


Bard 1 | HP 10/10 | BP 4/7 | Init 2 | Per 4 | AC 14 | T 10 | FF 14 | Fort +2 | Ref +2 | Will +2 | Whip +2 (1d4+2)
Spells:
Grease DC14, technomancy, detect magic, read magic, ghost sound DC13, prestidigitation

trip attemp: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 12

Xandar doesn't really have the means to damage such a construct as much as he would like.


Male Iron Gods 1 -Tactical Map

A thin ray of ice lances from Vedia, striking the construct in the exact place it had been damaged by James's bullet.

The construct attempts to raise its arm to lash out but you hear its power fail and the grinding noise become worse as it topples over backwards destroyed.

[u] End of Combat [/u]

As soon as she hears the fighting stop Val emerges from the house, scans the group and rushes hug James. She is clearly shaken but unhurt. She is short, blond and about 10 years old. After a moment she calms down.

“Oh thank the gods, I did not know what to do. Khonnir brought that back from his trip to the cave. We thought it was inert. I wasn’t doing anything, not even examining it. It came alive and started taking apart the house. I hit it with a broom and it came after me!”

Looking around again as she talks.

“Are you here to help find what happened to my father?”


Bard 1 | HP 10/10 | BP 4/7 | Init 2 | Per 4 | AC 14 | T 10 | FF 14 | Fort +2 | Ref +2 | Will +2 | Whip +2 (1d4+2)
Spells:
Grease DC14, technomancy, detect magic, read magic, ghost sound DC13, prestidigitation

"We are indeed. Are you well young miss?" Xandar says while rolling his whip up to hang on the belt again.

What was that thing?
engineering: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (12) + 7 = 19
Arcana: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5

Grand Lodge

Male Dwarf Cleric (of Torag)HP:8,Init:+1,Per:+4,F/R/W:+3/+2/+6 AC:18(t:11ff:17)Warhammer:+3

Augars' thick brows raised at the sight of the little human child. She came form the tavern and not only that but she boasted defending herself from the mechanical monster with a broom! That was reckless but brave. Still he quickly let his brows drop to a scowl.

"Aye lass we be the ones going after yer da" came the words gruff and deep. He walked over to the construct and poked it with his hammer. He wondered what he could make out of this metal.


Male Dwarf Paladin(Stonelord) 1 hp 17/17, Init +2; darkvision 60 ft.; Per +4, AC 17, T12, FF15, F+6, R+2, W+2, helm+4(1d4+3)/dorn-dergar+4(1d10+4)

Ivar nods, coiling his dorn-dergar back around his waist. "Aye m'lady, we are indeed. Councilor Freddert gave us an overview, is there any more you could tell us about what your father found down there?" Ivar asks, looking the lass in the eye. not hard, considering his height

1 to 50 of 427 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Iron Gods AP -GM Red Box All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002-2017 Paizo Inc.® | Privacy Policy | Contact Us
Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours, Monday through Friday, 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM Pacific time.

Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, Starfinder, the Starfinder logo, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc. The Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Legends, Pathfinder Online, Starfinder Adventure Path, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.