Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

PaizoCon 2014!

Iobarian horror (Inactive)

Game Master ulgulanoth


1,251 to 1,284 of 1,284 << first < prev | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | next > last >>
Cheliax

male wraith biomedical scientist lv5/ film director lv3

Alright so the total CMB check with the penalty is 22...


male half elf level 1 ranger(horselord)/summoner level 2 cavailer/druid level 3 ranger(horselord) /cleric level 4 fighter(mounted fury)/bard level 5 gunslinger/rouge(scout) level 6 cavalier/summoner level 7 ranger/ summoner

That barely pushes me.


Does Uriel get an AoO for it bullrushing Ian while he (Uriel) was adjacent to it?

Cheliax

male wraith biomedical scientist lv5/ film director lv3

Well i don't see why not, so i guess so...


Uriel quickly strikes at the worm as it rushes Ian.

mechanics:

attack
1d20 + 12 ⇒ (15) + 12 = 27
damage
1d6 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7

confirmation just in case the natural roll above is an 18-20
attack
1d20 + 12 ⇒ (13) + 12 = 25
damage
1d6 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6

I am assuming we are still on same initiative. Ian's turn then Uriel's, IIRC.

Cheliax

male wraith biomedical scientist lv5/ film director lv3

Yes we are on the same initiative
Well I guess the CMB result of the worm is 15... right if that isn't enough to bullrush Ian the it will be his turn to act


male half elf level 1 ranger(horselord)/summoner level 2 cavailer/druid level 3 ranger(horselord) /cleric level 4 fighter(mounted fury)/bard level 5 gunslinger/rouge(scout) level 6 cavalier/summoner level 7 ranger/ summoner

not enoughIan tries poking the worm twice with his lance as hard as he can.
1d20 + 9 ⇒ (8) + 9 = 17
damage1
1d8 + 8 ⇒ (1) + 8 = 9
attack 2
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 13
1d8 + 8 ⇒ (4) + 8 = 12

Cheliax

male wraith biomedical scientist lv5/ film director lv3

Unfortunatly both attack fail to hit


Uriel quickly strikes at the marauding worm.

mechanics:

full attack

first
attack 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (10) + 12 = 22
damage 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5
confirmation on the off chance of a natural 18-20
attack 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (8) + 12 = 20
damage 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5

second
attack 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (10) + 7 = 17
damage 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7
confirmation on the off chance of a natural 18-20
attack 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 15
damage 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7

Cheliax

male wraith biomedical scientist lv5/ film director lv3

Uriel manages to hit the worm making it retaliate
1d20 + 20 ⇒ (10) + 20 = 30
to wound
4d8 + 10 ⇒ (5, 7, 4, 1) + 10 = 27
and its back to your turn


male half elf level 1 ranger(horselord)/summoner level 2 cavailer/druid level 3 ranger(horselord) /cleric level 4 fighter(mounted fury)/bard level 5 gunslinger/rouge(scout) level 6 cavalier/summoner level 7 ranger/ summoner

Ian will try to hit the worm agian with his lance.
1d20 + 9 ⇒ (5) + 9 = 14
damage
1d8 + 8 ⇒ (3) + 8 = 11
attack2
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10
damage
1d8 + 8 ⇒ (2) + 8 = 10

Cheliax

male wraith biomedical scientist lv5/ film director lv3

Ian fails to hit the worm


Uriel continues to strike at the worm.

mechanics:

full attack with scimitar

first attack 1d20+12 (18-20)x2 damage 1d6+4
1d20 + 12 ⇒ (7) + 12 = 19
damage if a hit
1d6 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9
confirmation on the chance the first attack was a natural 18-20
1d20 + 12 ⇒ (5) + 12 = 17
damage if a hit
1d6 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8

second attack 1d20+7 (18-20)x2 damage 1d6+4
1d20 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 15
damage if a hit
1d6 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6
confirmation on the chance the first attack was a natural 18-20
1d20 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13
damage if a hit
1d6 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10

Cheliax

male wraith biomedical scientist lv5/ film director lv3

And Uriel fails to hit the worm either

Cheliax

male wraith biomedical scientist lv5/ film director lv3

I think the worm is going to TPK if this carries on, will just end the battle saying it died...


I can live with that and so can Uriel. :D Bad rolling by us and it just being a beast makes it difficult for the two of us.


male half elf level 1 ranger(horselord)/summoner level 2 cavailer/druid level 3 ranger(horselord) /cleric level 4 fighter(mounted fury)/bard level 5 gunslinger/rouge(scout) level 6 cavalier/summoner level 7 ranger/ summoner

I thought so too.

Cheliax

male wraith biomedical scientist lv5/ film director lv3

Alright what do you guys do now?


male half elf level 1 ranger(horselord)/summoner level 2 cavailer/druid level 3 ranger(horselord) /cleric level 4 fighter(mounted fury)/bard level 5 gunslinger/rouge(scout) level 6 cavalier/summoner level 7 ranger/ summoner

Ian looks around to see what is left of the town.

Cheliax

male wraith biomedical scientist lv5/ film director lv3

A number of the town's buildings have been destroyed, the mayor's house, the alchemist's store and a number of houses.


We should be careful, Ian. I would not like for our remaining enemies in town to strike at us now.

Uriel looks to see if the alchemist is around.

Sorry for not posting sooner. I am currently working back 12s... 1800 to 0600 and it is wearing me out.

Cheliax

male wraith biomedical scientist lv5/ film director lv3

sounds rough
Alright perception check


perception 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (19) + 9 = 28

Cheliax

male wraith biomedical scientist lv5/ film director lv3

Uriel

Spoiler:
You see a young man picking up lots of glass bottle that have survived the rampage and are all over the town square, he has a harness specially made to hang the bottle from


male half elf level 1 ranger(horselord)/summoner level 2 cavailer/druid level 3 ranger(horselord) /cleric level 4 fighter(mounted fury)/bard level 5 gunslinger/rouge(scout) level 6 cavalier/summoner level 7 ranger/ summoner

Ian will look as well.
1d20 + 13 ⇒ (10) + 13 = 23

Cheliax

male wraith biomedical scientist lv5/ film director lv3

Ian read Uriel's spoiler


male half elf level 1 ranger(horselord)/summoner level 2 cavailer/druid level 3 ranger(horselord) /cleric level 4 fighter(mounted fury)/bard level 5 gunslinger/rouge(scout) level 6 cavalier/summoner level 7 ranger/ summoner

Ian says "Glass bottles could that be him?"


So, do we outright kill him now, wait, or take him prisoner?


male half elf level 1 ranger(horselord)/summoner level 2 cavailer/druid level 3 ranger(horselord) /cleric level 4 fighter(mounted fury)/bard level 5 gunslinger/rouge(scout) level 6 cavalier/summoner level 7 ranger/ summoner

Ian says "There are a lot of other people around too many witnesses and not sure we could take them all on."


male half elf level 1 ranger(horselord)/summoner level 2 cavailer/druid level 3 ranger(horselord) /cleric level 4 fighter(mounted fury)/bard level 5 gunslinger/rouge(scout) level 6 cavalier/summoner level 7 ranger/ summoner

Ian says "I think we should observe what he is going on and doing and see what else is happening. We might get some information on what they are planning."

Cheliax

male wraith biomedical scientist lv5/ film director lv3

The man picking up bottles just carries on until he litteraly can't carry any more and walk way
Are you going to follow him steathly? If so do roll a stealth check


male half elf level 1 ranger(horselord)/summoner level 2 cavailer/druid level 3 ranger(horselord) /cleric level 4 fighter(mounted fury)/bard level 5 gunslinger/rouge(scout) level 6 cavalier/summoner level 7 ranger/ summoner

Ian follows the man.stealth1d20 + 9 ⇒ (7) + 9 = 16

1,251 to 1,284 of 1,284 << first < prev | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Iobarian horror All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.