Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends


Iobarian horror (Inactive)

Game Master ulgulanoth


1,151 to 1,200 of 1,284 << first < prev | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | next > last >>

A fire from Sarenrae appears to light in Uriel's eyes as his anger stirs.

It hasn't worked for the children who were being tossed as slaves to the aboleths. They were not evil. They were not a case of evil devouring itself. That was a case of evil devouring the helpless.

Cheliax

male wraith biomedical scientist lv5/ film director lv3

"There are no helpless, only those without will"


male half elf level 1 ranger(horselord)/summoner level 2 cavailer/druid level 3 ranger(horselord) /cleric level 4 fighter(mounted fury)/bard level 5 gunslinger/rouge(scout) level 6 cavalier/summoner level 7 ranger/ summoner

Ian answers "What if they are unable to find the will in themselves through anything are they not hopeless than?"

Cheliax

male wraith biomedical scientist lv5/ film director lv3

He shrugs and motions that he doesn't care for the situation of others


What if while you are waiting for one evil to destroy the other and be left too weak to defend itself from you, one evil becomes so strong as to smite down the other evil and remain standing too tall for you to destroy? Then what?

Cheliax

male wraith biomedical scientist lv5/ film director lv3

"That is why we observe to stop it from happening"


Uriel looks for a moment at Ian. Then he merely shrugs and speaks...

I guess we will be moving on then. Take care lest one of those escaped worms infests itself in these woods. Also, if we uncover information regarding the strength of these forces we may return to pass the information to you to use as you will...or not. If you are not present we will leave a note with the message for you to find later.

With that, he turns back to Ian

Shall we be on our way to the town? We have an alchemist to meet.

Cheliax

male wraith biomedical scientist lv5/ film director lv3

"Well if you wish to leave before my father arrives, I won't stop you"


male half elf level 1 ranger(horselord)/summoner level 2 cavailer/druid level 3 ranger(horselord) /cleric level 4 fighter(mounted fury)/bard level 5 gunslinger/rouge(scout) level 6 cavalier/summoner level 7 ranger/ summoner

Ian asks "How long until your father arrives?"

Cheliax

male wraith biomedical scientist lv5/ film director lv3

"It can take a while, he goes of wandering in the woods on his own"


male half elf level 1 ranger(horselord)/summoner level 2 cavailer/druid level 3 ranger(horselord) /cleric level 4 fighter(mounted fury)/bard level 5 gunslinger/rouge(scout) level 6 cavalier/summoner level 7 ranger/ summoner

Ian mutters "Of course it will be hard to follow his tracks."

Cheliax

male wraith biomedical scientist lv5/ film director lv3

After a while the other brother returns with a very old looking man, he has a beard as long as himself as white as snow, he is bald in the head and wears light green robes. The old man waves at you two but does not say anything


male half elf level 1 ranger(horselord)/summoner level 2 cavailer/druid level 3 ranger(horselord) /cleric level 4 fighter(mounted fury)/bard level 5 gunslinger/rouge(scout) level 6 cavalier/summoner level 7 ranger/ summoner

Ian says "Hello".

Cheliax

male wraith biomedical scientist lv5/ film director lv3

"So are you the ones who killed all the cultists by the beach?" says the old man


Uriel sits quietly, a little too angery at the moment to risk opening his mouth.

Cheliax

male wraith biomedical scientist lv5/ film director lv3

"No, well what are you doing here?"


male half elf level 1 ranger(horselord)/summoner level 2 cavailer/druid level 3 ranger(horselord) /cleric level 4 fighter(mounted fury)/bard level 5 gunslinger/rouge(scout) level 6 cavalier/summoner level 7 ranger/ summoner

Ian says "Your young daughter invited us here."

Cheliax

male wraith biomedical scientist lv5/ film director lv3

"Daughter? Daughter... oh yea that one... you're not cultists are you?"


male half elf level 1 ranger(horselord)/summoner level 2 cavailer/druid level 3 ranger(horselord) /cleric level 4 fighter(mounted fury)/bard level 5 gunslinger/rouge(scout) level 6 cavalier/summoner level 7 ranger/ summoner

Ian replies "No we are not"

Cheliax

male wraith biomedical scientist lv5/ film director lv3

"So what brings you here?"


male half elf level 1 ranger(horselord)/summoner level 2 cavailer/druid level 3 ranger(horselord) /cleric level 4 fighter(mounted fury)/bard level 5 gunslinger/rouge(scout) level 6 cavalier/summoner level 7 ranger/ summoner

Ian sighs and responds it is a long story "I oringinally did not like the way people that respected nature viewed in my orignal homeland of mendev. Then I started riding on a long journey and ended up here helping people along the way whenever I could but mostly keeping to myself until I heard about missing townspeople in clam bay."

Cheliax

male wraith biomedical scientist lv5/ film director lv3

"So you hate the disrespect of nature?"


male half elf level 1 ranger(horselord)/summoner level 2 cavailer/druid level 3 ranger(horselord) /cleric level 4 fighter(mounted fury)/bard level 5 gunslinger/rouge(scout) level 6 cavalier/summoner level 7 ranger/ summoner

Ian responds "Yes"

Cheliax

male wraith biomedical scientist lv5/ film director lv3

He grabs from a pocket a pair of necklaces just like the one the girl was wearing and throws one at Ian and the other at Uriel


male half elf level 1 ranger(horselord)/summoner level 2 cavailer/druid level 3 ranger(horselord) /cleric level 4 fighter(mounted fury)/bard level 5 gunslinger/rouge(scout) level 6 cavalier/summoner level 7 ranger/ summoner

Ian asks "What do these necklaces do?"

Cheliax

male wraith biomedical scientist lv5/ film director lv3

"A bunch of things" he says cryptically with a wink


The boon is greatly appreciated. Uriel responds, still wondering whether or not the necklace has powers or is merely a child's trinket. He accepts it graciously nonetheless.


male half elf level 1 ranger(horselord)/summoner level 2 cavailer/druid level 3 ranger(horselord) /cleric level 4 fighter(mounted fury)/bard level 5 gunslinger/rouge(scout) level 6 cavalier/summoner level 7 ranger/ summoner

Ian puts on the necklace.

Cheliax

male wraith biomedical scientist lv5/ film director lv3

Ian

Spoiler:
The necklace gives fast healing 1 and +2 bonus against illusions

As a note this is the end of this "chapter" so you both go up a level


Thank you once again and perhaps we shall return later with information or for guidance. Ian, shall we make toward the town?

I will get that leveling done very soon...


male half elf level 1 ranger(horselord)/summoner level 2 cavailer/druid level 3 ranger(horselord) /cleric level 4 fighter(mounted fury)/bard level 5 gunslinger/rouge(scout) level 6 cavalier/summoner level 7 ranger/ summoner

Ian responds simply "Yes"

Cheliax

male wraith biomedical scientist lv5/ film director lv3

Alright shall we skip to back in town?


That would work for me


male half elf level 1 ranger(horselord)/summoner level 2 cavailer/druid level 3 ranger(horselord) /cleric level 4 fighter(mounted fury)/bard level 5 gunslinger/rouge(scout) level 6 cavalier/summoner level 7 ranger/ summoner

me too

Cheliax

male wraith biomedical scientist lv5/ film director lv3

Alright as you get near to the town you spot an enormous worm causing havoc, crushing buildings and slaughtering the towns folk. There is a hooded creature standing at the centre of the town, its hands moving in the same direction as of the giant worm's movements.


male half elf level 1 ranger(horselord)/summoner level 2 cavailer/druid level 3 ranger(horselord) /cleric level 4 fighter(mounted fury)/bard level 5 gunslinger/rouge(scout) level 6 cavalier/summoner level 7 ranger/ summoner

Ian looks and says "Looks like he is controling the worm I think we should stop him and then target the worm."

How far away are we?

Cheliax

male wraith biomedical scientist lv5/ film director lv3

About 1000ft away from the town

Cheliax

male wraith biomedical scientist lv5/ film director lv3

bump


male half elf level 1 ranger(horselord)/summoner level 2 cavailer/druid level 3 ranger(horselord) /cleric level 4 fighter(mounted fury)/bard level 5 gunslinger/rouge(scout) level 6 cavalier/summoner level 7 ranger/ summoner

CAn I be on my horse animal companion?
Ian mounted on marie his horse will draw his lance while on his horse MArie and says to Uriel "I think we should try to stop the person controling it."

Cheliax

male wraith biomedical scientist lv5/ film director lv3

Sure, i don't see why not


I believe we should charge him, immediately. People are dying.

With that, Uriel quickly urges his mount toward the hooded creature.

I got a bad feeling about this

Cheliax

male wraith biomedical scientist lv5/ film director lv3

Well the hooded creature's concentration is fully on controlling the worm, thus it won't move or defend it self before its attacked, so you both get to do a charged attack at it, and then roll for initiative


male half elf level 1 ranger(horselord)/summoner level 2 cavailer/druid level 3 ranger(horselord) /cleric level 4 fighter(mounted fury)/bard level 5 gunslinger/rouge(scout) level 6 cavalier/summoner level 7 ranger/ summoner

Ian rushes forward towards the hooded creature with his lance trying to make this attack as powerful as possible to take down the hooded figure with a lance charge and also tries to make it a destructive smite.

1d20 + 11 ⇒ (10) + 11 = 21
damage
3d8 + 27 ⇒ (1, 5, 8) + 27 = 41

edit forget sneak attack if flat footed
1d6 ⇒ 5

Cheliax

male wraith biomedical scientist lv5/ film director lv3

The lance goes straight through the creature in what should be a lethal hit, skewering it right through the head. It is still standing and moving


male half elf level 1 ranger(horselord)/summoner level 2 cavailer/druid level 3 ranger(horselord) /cleric level 4 fighter(mounted fury)/bard level 5 gunslinger/rouge(scout) level 6 cavalier/summoner level 7 ranger/ summoner

Ian says "what!"
might as well roll for initiative now
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 = 23

Cheliax

male wraith biomedical scientist lv5/ film director lv3

Just waiting for Uriel's attack...


My apologies for not promptly posting (understatement) I am also assuming that since we are acting simultaneously, Uriel would not change his tactics based upon Ian's result...

Uriel charges the hooded figure on his mighty mount, Bugler, with his scimitar ready to strike.

Scimitar +14 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (17) + 14 = 31
damage if hits 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6
Confirmation, if necessary, natural 18-20 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (12) + 14 = 26
Confirmation, if necessary 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5

Cheliax

male wraith biomedical scientist lv5/ film director lv3

you forgot your initiative roll

The hooded creature is slashed across the chest by Uriel's blow, though it doesn't seem to have had any effect, It raises its hand and waves at you, the gigantic worm starts to move towards you


1d20 ⇒ 18

Doesn't seem to have had any effect as in 'he is unhurt' (DR or such) or as in it passed right through him with no resistance and 'he is unhurt' (something like project image or incorporeal)?


male half elf level 1 ranger(horselord)/summoner level 2 cavailer/druid level 3 ranger(horselord) /cleric level 4 fighter(mounted fury)/bard level 5 gunslinger/rouge(scout) level 6 cavalier/summoner level 7 ranger/ summoner

I want to know If I felt anything as well.

1,151 to 1,200 of 1,284 << first < prev | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Iobarian horror All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.