Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

PaizoCon 2014!

Iobarian horror (Inactive)

Game Master ulgulanoth


1,101 to 1,150 of 1,284 << first < prev | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | next > last >>
Cheliax

male wraith biomedical scientist lv5/ film director lv3

"I'm protected" she points at the necklace again


male half elf level 1 ranger(horselord)/summoner level 2 cavailer/druid level 3 ranger(horselord) /cleric level 4 fighter(mounted fury)/bard level 5 gunslinger/rouge(scout) level 6 cavalier/summoner level 7 ranger/ summoner

Ian asks the girl "Where did you come from?"

Cheliax

male wraith biomedical scientist lv5/ film director lv3

"I live with the others outside of the town, in the woods"


...and who might they be? Perhaps we could speak with them?

Cheliax

male wraith biomedical scientist lv5/ film director lv3

"Just my family, mother, father and my brothers, whant to come?"


male half elf level 1 ranger(horselord)/summoner level 2 cavailer/druid level 3 ranger(horselord) /cleric level 4 fighter(mounted fury)/bard level 5 gunslinger/rouge(scout) level 6 cavalier/summoner level 7 ranger/ summoner

Ian says "Yes".

Cheliax

male wraith biomedical scientist lv5/ film director lv3

She leads you back into the forest, away from the village and away from the cave where you found the aboleth, after a while you come to see a large tent made of animal skins and branches, there isn't anyone else there at the moment.


male half elf level 1 ranger(horselord)/summoner level 2 cavailer/druid level 3 ranger(horselord) /cleric level 4 fighter(mounted fury)/bard level 5 gunslinger/rouge(scout) level 6 cavalier/summoner level 7 ranger/ summoner

Ian says "Hello" wondering if they are there.

Cheliax

male wraith biomedical scientist lv5/ film director lv3

You hear an echo of your voice but no responce


What does your family look like? Uriel asks, expecting that her description, if she gives one, will be similar to those of some of the cultists he and his friends killed.

Cheliax

male wraith biomedical scientist lv5/ film director lv3

she points at one of the trees "Like that, some times"


male half elf level 1 ranger(horselord)/summoner level 2 cavailer/druid level 3 ranger(horselord) /cleric level 4 fighter(mounted fury)/bard level 5 gunslinger/rouge(scout) level 6 cavalier/summoner level 7 ranger/ summoner

Ian asks "Do they know any magic?"

Cheliax

male wraith biomedical scientist lv5/ film director lv3

"Yes, they know lots of magic!...I'm not good at it yet"


Are they treants, or druids or perhaps witches? asks Uriel, not even sure whether or not those terms mean anything to the girl. After a pause he continues, When did you last see them?

Cheliax

male wraith biomedical scientist lv5/ film director lv3

"This morning, they should be back by mid-day... whats a treant?"


Ha, ha Uriel responds with a laugh. Treants are trees that can talk and walk around.

My recollection tells me this is a different day than the one we killed the cultists and thus we didn't kill them if she saw them this morning. That is good. :P

When they return, I do not wish them to fear for you since they do not know who we are. Please let them know that we wish to talk to them and mean you no harm. That reminds me, I am Uriel and this is Ian. What is your name? The names of your family who will return?

Cheliax

male wraith biomedical scientist lv5/ film director lv3

"I'm Sparrow, my brothers are Wolf and Bear, my father is Hawk and my mother is Deer"


male half elf level 1 ranger(horselord)/summoner level 2 cavailer/druid level 3 ranger(horselord) /cleric level 4 fighter(mounted fury)/bard level 5 gunslinger/rouge(scout) level 6 cavalier/summoner level 7 ranger/ summoner

Ian says "I think I can track them if they went missing. Have you seen your siblings recently and how old are they?"

Ian looks for tracks

1d20 + 12 ⇒ (2) + 12 = 14

Cheliax

male wraith biomedical scientist lv5/ film director lv3

"They're 20, I saw them this morning"

Ian

Spoiler:
there are fresh(ish) tracks going deeper into the woods, 4 sets of tracks, all going in roughly the same direction


Well, perhaps we should wait for them. Why don't you tell me more of your life here while we wait ,Sparrow.


male half elf level 1 ranger(horselord)/summoner level 2 cavailer/druid level 3 ranger(horselord) /cleric level 4 fighter(mounted fury)/bard level 5 gunslinger/rouge(scout) level 6 cavalier/summoner level 7 ranger/ summoner

Ian nods his head in agreement and says "Waiting is a good idea"

Cheliax

male wraith biomedical scientist lv5/ film director lv3

"I was born here" she points at a clearing near the camp "and I've lived here all my life"


male half elf level 1 ranger(horselord)/summoner level 2 cavailer/druid level 3 ranger(horselord) /cleric level 4 fighter(mounted fury)/bard level 5 gunslinger/rouge(scout) level 6 cavalier/summoner level 7 ranger/ summoner

Ian asks "Your brothers are twins right?"

Cheliax

male wraith biomedical scientist lv5/ film director lv3

"Yes"


Uriel continues to wait and makes idle chit chat while doing so.

Cheliax

male wraith biomedical scientist lv5/ film director lv3

After a while two men appear from a tree, they see you and they instantly draw their bows and point them at you, what do you do?


male half elf level 1 ranger(horselord)/summoner level 2 cavailer/druid level 3 ranger(horselord) /cleric level 4 fighter(mounted fury)/bard level 5 gunslinger/rouge(scout) level 6 cavalier/summoner level 7 ranger/ summoner

Ian draws his lance and says "Who are you?"


There are important things happening in the world that cannot be ignored. We need to talk.

Cheliax

male wraith biomedical scientist lv5/ film director lv3

one of the men answers "I'm Wolf, he is bear, and you are?"


male half elf level 1 ranger(horselord)/summoner level 2 cavailer/druid level 3 ranger(horselord) /cleric level 4 fighter(mounted fury)/bard level 5 gunslinger/rouge(scout) level 6 cavalier/summoner level 7 ranger/ summoner

Ian replies "I am Ian Wronski and he is Ureil we are adventurers dealing with a cult trying to do something in clam bay that seems to ignore the three eyed fish monsters called aboleth."

Cheliax

male wraith biomedical scientist lv5/ film director lv3

"And what are you doing here"


male half elf level 1 ranger(horselord)/summoner level 2 cavailer/druid level 3 ranger(horselord) /cleric level 4 fighter(mounted fury)/bard level 5 gunslinger/rouge(scout) level 6 cavalier/summoner level 7 ranger/ summoner

Ian replies "someone who claims to be the sister of wolf and bear who I assume are you was collecting seashells and approached us after we were camping after investigating the cult and invited us here."

Cheliax

male wraith biomedical scientist lv5/ film director lv3

They both look at the girl with a bit of a glare, one hides his face with one hand the other just shakes his head then continious "So you're fighting the cults?"


Uriel decides to come clean with these youths before him.

Yes. We have work to do in order to rid the village of them but are not sure where to go next. There is also the issue that a significant evil may have escaped capture...

Uriel pauses, then continues.

Some of the cult members pulled out some altar upon which to perform some sacrifice or rite. That is when we killed them. Inside was some form of evil trapped in magic circles and covered in maggots. We closed the covering, then changed our minds and decided to reopen the cover and slay the evil contained within.

We found that whatever had been buried beneath the maggots had escaped. Re-examining the strength of the wards has led us to believe that the evil must have been of immense power to escape. Re-examining the altar revealed it to be filled with countless worm holes which may have been its means of escape through its prison.

At that point I recollected seeing a worm or two slithering away while we were examining the altar and believe that perhaps the evil slipped through little by little and may perhaps now be spreading its influence. I fear both for individuals who may come in contact with these worms and for any natural features such as woods or forests or perhaps a lagoon that may become infected with this evil.

Uriel stops, carefully scrutinizing the reactions of those before him.

Cheliax

male wraith biomedical scientist lv5/ film director lv3

"That... that is news we need to report to our father, he knows about that Thing"


male half elf level 1 ranger(horselord)/summoner level 2 cavailer/druid level 3 ranger(horselord) /cleric level 4 fighter(mounted fury)/bard level 5 gunslinger/rouge(scout) level 6 cavalier/summoner level 7 ranger/ summoner

Ian asks "What do you know about that Thing?"

Cheliax

male wraith biomedical scientist lv5/ film director lv3

One of the brothers merges back into the tree and disappears, the other responds to you "Not much, just that it is a very dangerous thing you are talking about"


male half elf level 1 ranger(horselord)/summoner level 2 cavailer/druid level 3 ranger(horselord) /cleric level 4 fighter(mounted fury)/bard level 5 gunslinger/rouge(scout) level 6 cavalier/summoner level 7 ranger/ summoner

Ian replies "Yeah that is why it had powerful magical wards on it"

Cheliax

male wraith biomedical scientist lv5/ film director lv3

"No the cult is the dangerous one"


Well, I will gladly await speaking with your father.


male half elf level 1 ranger(horselord)/summoner level 2 cavailer/druid level 3 ranger(horselord) /cleric level 4 fighter(mounted fury)/bard level 5 gunslinger/rouge(scout) level 6 cavalier/summoner level 7 ranger/ summoner

Ian adds "me too".

Cheliax

male wraith biomedical scientist lv5/ film director lv3

"Before you do, you must tell me why you are fighting the cult, while its a noble quest you should have left the darker forces of nature deal with it and then strike at both when they are weakest"


male half elf level 1 ranger(horselord)/summoner level 2 cavailer/druid level 3 ranger(horselord) /cleric level 4 fighter(mounted fury)/bard level 5 gunslinger/rouge(scout) level 6 cavalier/summoner level 7 ranger/ summoner

Ian says "They have taken control of the town of Clam Bay and are causing suffering and they were planning something big last night."

Cheliax

male wraith biomedical scientist lv5/ film director lv3

"Are you from Clam Bay?"


male half elf level 1 ranger(horselord)/summoner level 2 cavailer/druid level 3 ranger(horselord) /cleric level 4 fighter(mounted fury)/bard level 5 gunslinger/rouge(scout) level 6 cavalier/summoner level 7 ranger/ summoner

Ian says "No, I was riding around after leaving my homeland after seeing how the locals viewed anyone who respected nature as evil."

Cheliax

male wraith biomedical scientist lv5/ film director lv3

"Seems foolish to risk you're life and soul for people who don't even share you're same blood"


male half elf level 1 ranger(horselord)/summoner level 2 cavailer/druid level 3 ranger(horselord) /cleric level 4 fighter(mounted fury)/bard level 5 gunslinger/rouge(scout) level 6 cavalier/summoner level 7 ranger/ summoner

Ian asks "What other purpose should I use my life for? Should I just allow people to suffer and evil to win?"

Cheliax

male wraith biomedical scientist lv5/ film director lv3

"We protect our own and leave evil to consume it self"


male half elf level 1 ranger(horselord)/summoner level 2 cavailer/druid level 3 ranger(horselord) /cleric level 4 fighter(mounted fury)/bard level 5 gunslinger/rouge(scout) level 6 cavalier/summoner level 7 ranger/ summoner

Ian says "Evil doesn't always consume itself sometimes it blosoms into a giant canckerous sore. It can't be just that easy."

Cheliax

male wraith biomedical scientist lv5/ film director lv3

The man shrugs "Its worked for us"

1,101 to 1,150 of 1,284 << first < prev | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Iobarian horror All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.