Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

Iobarian horror (Inactive)

Game Master ulgulanoth


951 to 1,000 of 1,284 << first < prev | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | next > last >>

crud


male half elf level 1 ranger(horselord)/summoner level 2 cavailer/druid level 3 ranger(horselord) /cleric level 4 fighter(mounted fury)/bard level 5 gunslinger/rouge(scout) level 6 cavalier/summoner level 7 ranger/ summoner

I have 4 channels might as well try one and was hurt more than I thought
Ian uses his first channel.
1d6 ⇒ 1

Dark Archive

male wraith biomedical scientist lv5/ film director lv3

Wow... those are some pretty bad rolls, did anyone search the last cultist?


Caelash searches anyone and anything Uriel and Ian overlook.

Dark Archive

male wraith biomedical scientist lv5/ film director lv3

Caelash

Spoiler:
Ok, most of the cultists don't have much of notice, a few silver coins, a well crafted dagger, and some jewelery is the norm, all in all about 400gp worth of items from all the cultists, except for the last one, now he had a strange looking pendant, the shape of a small shrunken head, with more eyes, noses, ears and mouths than it should, also they are all jumbled up with no relation to a humanoid face. the pendant is bright red in colour. he also has a dull rusted ring and finally he was carrying a few scrolls of planar binding and planar ally.

The stone altar is hollow, as Caelash examins it the lid flips open to reveal a mass of magots crawling on what looks to be a dead pig there is something larger moving under the mass of magots but you can't tell what it is yet


"We've got masterfully crafted daggers for each of the cultists, good for throwing if nothing else, each has some nice jewelry with a decent resale value, likely, a few silver each... about 400 gold worth of items we can liquidate later."

Caelash smiles, "But this last bustard had this strange looking pendant!"

Caelash holds up a strange looking pendant, the shape of a small, red, shrunken head, with more eyes, noses, ears and mouths than it should, also they are all jumbled up with no relation to a humanoid face.

"He also had this rusted ring... check it for magic... and a few scrolls of planar binding and planar ally."

How many scrolls of each? I have wizard levels, and they could come in handy for us...

"Let's shut this lid back before we have another fight on our hands that we're not prepared for!"


male half elf level 1 ranger(horselord)/summoner level 2 cavailer/druid level 3 ranger(horselord) /cleric level 4 fighter(mounted fury)/bard level 5 gunslinger/rouge(scout) level 6 cavalier/summoner level 7 ranger/ summoner

Ian quickly closes the lid.

Dark Archive

male wraith biomedical scientist lv5/ film director lv3

3 of each of the scrolls, and who is checking if the items are magical?


Did Uriel have time to detect evil on the moving object under the maggots?

Uriel casts a spell to concentrate on and determine the presence of magical items.

Dark Archive

male wraith biomedical scientist lv5/ film director lv3

Uriel

Spoiler:
well you probably have time to cast detect evil on whats inside the alter, it is evil. As for the items, both are magical, the pendant has a strange aura that is like nothing you've ever seen and its use is completely unknown. The ring on the other hand is also magical of a more normal nature, it seems to be able to communicate to something, maybe telepathically


I am glad we reclosed the lid at this time as I am not quite prepared to deal with something of its nature at this time.

Then, after a pause, he continues...

The ring is magical and appears to have the power to communicate to something, telepathically perhaps. I certainly wouldn't want to bet on putting it on my finger and being able to choose whom I was contacting. The pendant is also magical but I am at a loss to determine its nature.


No Spellcraft check is going to give us any insight?

Dark Archive

male wraith biomedical scientist lv5/ film director lv3

not for the pendant, thats a special case, but you can for the ring to learn more about it


male half elf level 1 ranger(horselord)/summoner level 2 cavailer/druid level 3 ranger(horselord) /cleric level 4 fighter(mounted fury)/bard level 5 gunslinger/rouge(scout) level 6 cavalier/summoner level 7 ranger/ summoner

That makes my artifact sense tingle


Caelash puts the pendant on Sprocket to see if that gives him any insight.

Dark Archive

male wraith biomedical scientist lv5/ film director lv3

The eidolon tries to take it off immediately, frantically, the throws it to the ground terrified of the pendant


No save??

Caelash puts the pendant on, in disbelief at what he is experiencing.


As much as Sprocket wanted to take that thing off, would you mind explainning why you decided to put it on? asks Uriel in disbelief.


male half elf level 1 ranger(horselord)/summoner level 2 cavailer/druid level 3 ranger(horselord) /cleric level 4 fighter(mounted fury)/bard level 5 gunslinger/rouge(scout) level 6 cavalier/summoner level 7 ranger/ summoner

Ian says "I am not sure I want to touch it."


"I live through experience. Sprocket was obviously able to rid himself of it, with no visible side effects aside from fear and revulsion. I want to know what he experienced. I want some insight into this blasted thing." As Caelash explains himself, he finally slips the pendant on.


male half elf level 1 ranger(horselord)/summoner level 2 cavailer/druid level 3 ranger(horselord) /cleric level 4 fighter(mounted fury)/bard level 5 gunslinger/rouge(scout) level 6 cavalier/summoner level 7 ranger/ summoner

Ian says "Or could it be that is to harm creatures from other planes?"


Uriel and Ian:
If you guys want to try to physically stop him, feel free if your characters would do so in-character. Caelash is an elf of action and observation. It doesn't make sense to him that we can tell it is magical, but unlike anything we have ever seen. That Sprocket can put it on and freak out (without a Save...), but obviously be otherwise unharmed. Caelash is willing to take that risk upon himself. He took no physical damage the last fight, and is only out some arrows, spells, and scrolls. This is his way of contributing. He is too curious to be cautious at this point. (And on a parallel note, as a player, I really dislike hand-waived mystery mechanics, so I want to see if there's any effect at all. We don't even get an aura with a known school of magic, or the strength of the aura. I cannot find any rules saying artifacts are immune to detect magic + Spellcraft.)


People have always argued to me in a condescending manner that elves are the smart race. I think I can show them evidence to the contrary Uriel states with a laugh as he eyes Caelash with caution.

Dark Archive

male wraith biomedical scientist lv5/ film director lv3

Caelash

Spoiler:
you don't feel anything coming from the item, but you get the horrible feeling that something ancient and evil is now looking at you


"Feels like... " Caelash shudders at a horrible sensation, "Feels like something ancient and evil is looking at me..."

Caelash calmly takes it off. "This could come in handy if we need to get noticed by, or get in contact with whatever they were in contact with."

Caelash holds up the amulet, "Either of you want to try it out? It's an amulet of being watched by some creepy ancient evil presence." He smiles, trying to make light of the unpleasant situation.


male half elf level 1 ranger(horselord)/summoner level 2 cavailer/druid level 3 ranger(horselord) /cleric level 4 fighter(mounted fury)/bard level 5 gunslinger/rouge(scout) level 6 cavalier/summoner level 7 ranger/ summoner

Ian replies "not really"

Dark Archive

male wraith biomedical scientist lv5/ film director lv3

Right so what are you guys going to do now?


Caelash prepares his unprepared extract. Prepping true strike.

"I say we prepare ourselves and open this box back up."

Caelash casts detect magic on the box. let me know when/if spellcraft checks are needed.


The rounds before we open the box, I want to cast some buff spells, just in case.

Dark Archive

male wraith biomedical scientist lv5/ film director lv3

Caelash

Spoiler:
the altar isn't magical, but what ever is inside it is. It seems to be spells cast on what ever is inside it, though you'll need spellcraft check to identify the spells


4 Spellcraft checks:

Spellcraft 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (9) + 15 = 24
Spellcraft 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (14) + 15 = 29
Spellcraft 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (20) + 15 = 35
Spellcraft 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (5) + 15 = 20

Let me know if I need to make more.

Dark Archive

male wraith biomedical scientist lv5/ film director lv3

Caelash

Spoiler:
the following spells are cast on something inside the spell: magic circle against evil, magic circle against chaos (both focused inwards), dimensional anchor, 2 different versions of the spell binding (bound slumber, minimus containment) and quest


"Huh. Looks like these spells are cast on something inside the box: magic circle against evil focused inward, magic circle against chaos focused inward, dimensional anchor, 2 different versions of the spell binding (bound slumber, minimus containment), and quest."

Caelash looks to the others. "Looks like something powerful trapped within, by an unimaginably powerful spellcaster beyond our ability to deal with safely..."


Perhaps we should follow the trail these villains left in the sand while dragging the altar.


male half elf level 1 ranger(horselord)/summoner level 2 cavailer/druid level 3 ranger(horselord) /cleric level 4 fighter(mounted fury)/bard level 5 gunslinger/rouge(scout) level 6 cavalier/summoner level 7 ranger/ summoner

Ian says to Uriel "Yes that will lead us back to them but the problem is what if someone comes to the alter and accidently unleashes the evil trapped inside of it."

Dark Archive

male wraith biomedical scientist lv5/ film director lv3

so what are you guys going to do


I am under the imoression the group had only dragged the altar for a couple of rounds (at most) before we attacked them.

I don't believe they dragged this very far. I was just wanting to see where it was stored, perhaps there may be a clue.


male half elf level 1 ranger(horselord)/summoner level 2 cavailer/druid level 3 ranger(horselord) /cleric level 4 fighter(mounted fury)/bard level 5 gunslinger/rouge(scout) level 6 cavalier/summoner level 7 ranger/ summoner

Ian agrees "Yeah why did I assumed they dragged it that far..."

survivial check
1d20 + 12 ⇒ (9) + 12 = 21

Dark Archive

male wraith biomedical scientist lv5/ film director lv3

Actually the altar was dragged from quite a while away (quarter of a mile), you end up at the origin of the drag marks to be a large pit where you assume the altar was burried under,


Perhaps we should rest and heal, then attempt to question the trapped creature? Or, perhaps questioning such a creature would be risky to our souls and we should just kill it to prevent another from freeing it? Your thought, my companions?


male half elf level 1 ranger(horselord)/summoner level 2 cavailer/druid level 3 ranger(horselord) /cleric level 4 fighter(mounted fury)/bard level 5 gunslinger/rouge(scout) level 6 cavalier/summoner level 7 ranger/ summoner

Ian says "REst sounds good but what if it escapes while we are sleeping?"


We use a watch. If need be, we use our companions, Sprocket and Sekhet, to watch our backs. Are we not still expecting more cultists to arrive or do we these last were the ones we were waiting on?


male half elf level 1 ranger(horselord)/summoner level 2 cavailer/druid level 3 ranger(horselord) /cleric level 4 fighter(mounted fury)/bard level 5 gunslinger/rouge(scout) level 6 cavalier/summoner level 7 ranger/ summoner

Ian says "I am not sure if more cultists are ariving."

Dark Archive

male wraith biomedical scientist lv5/ film director lv3

1)That was probably the last cultist, 2) With the wards placed on the thing in the altar, it aint getting out


"Do you think taking another look at the thing in there would wake it up or release it?"

What sort of check would be required to know if looking at it would release it?


male half elf level 1 ranger(horselord)/summoner level 2 cavailer/druid level 3 ranger(horselord) /cleric level 4 fighter(mounted fury)/bard level 5 gunslinger/rouge(scout) level 6 cavalier/summoner level 7 ranger/ summoner

Ian asks another question "What would we be looking for in there?"

Dark Archive

male wraith biomedical scientist lv5/ film director lv3

Knowledge Arcane to know what would release the creature


"Clues as to its nature. What we're dealing with. Whether we could just finish it off with a precision strike while it is bound instead of having to combat it and risk our lives."

Knowledge (arcana) 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (11) + 11 = 22


Feel free to make checks or aid another, guys.

Dark Archive

male wraith biomedical scientist lv5/ film director lv3

Caelash

Spoiler:
from what you know of the spells that have been cast on the creature, only powerful dispelling magic would break the enchantments

951 to 1,000 of 1,284 << first < prev | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Iobarian horror All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.