Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

PaizoCon 2014!

Iobarian horror (Inactive)

Game Master ulgulanoth


851 to 900 of 1,284 << first < prev | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | next > last >>

male half elf level 1 ranger(horselord)/summoner level 2 cavailer/druid level 3 ranger(horselord) /cleric level 4 fighter(mounted fury)/bard level 5 gunslinger/rouge(scout) level 6 cavalier/summoner level 7 ranger/ summoner

no you did not It is currently Caelash's turn.


Caelash uses a swift action to spend an arcane pool point on his splintered spear. Caelash uses splintered spear.

1d20 + 9 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 9 + 1 + 1 = 18; Dmg 1d6 + 5 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 5 + 1 = 9 +1 bleed plus sneak attack, if he's flat-footed from climbing: 1d6 ⇒ 1 (so, 9 or 10 damage, plus 1 bleed)

Then 5-foot step back. "You do realize all your comrades are dead, and now would be a good time to flee, right?"


male half elf level 1 ranger(horselord)/summoner level 2 cavailer/druid level 3 ranger(horselord) /cleric level 4 fighter(mounted fury)/bard level 5 gunslinger/rouge(scout) level 6 cavalier/summoner level 7 ranger/ summoner

Ian will manuver using a 5 foot step to get 10 feet away with his lance from one of the cultists and thrust his lance at the cultists.

full attack power attack attack 1
1d20 + 8 ⇒ (4) + 8 = 12
damage
1d8 + 11 ⇒ (4) + 11 = 15
attack 2
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 3 = 17
damage 2
1d8 + 11 ⇒ (4) + 11 = 15

Cheliax

male wraith biomedical scientist lv5/ film director lv3

Caelash and Ian both kill one cultist, so the only cultist left is the one hidding behind the altar


Since he is hiding, Uriel will take his turn.

Uriel begins advancing toward the lone cultist.

move actio and standard action: advance 40' total

speaks in celestial:

Be careful, he may be planning a trick or a spell or changing into something or perhaps he is even exiting a body that he is "wearing".


male half elf level 1 ranger(horselord)/summoner level 2 cavailer/druid level 3 ranger(horselord) /cleric level 4 fighter(mounted fury)/bard level 5 gunslinger/rouge(scout) level 6 cavalier/summoner level 7 ranger/ summoner

Ian will advance with Uriel trying ont to get to far ahaed with a double move.

Cheliax

male wraith biomedical scientist lv5/ film director lv3

well the cultist won't fight (for now at least) so we can assume you all move to his possition? or do you guys want to do something else?


Uriel gazes the cultist over.

detect evil


Caelash stays in the cave for 1 minute and summons his eidolon, Sprocket.

Cheliax

male wraith biomedical scientist lv5/ film director lv3

Uriel

Spoiler:
he detects as evil, overwhelmingly so


How many feet away is the hiding cultist from the cave, again?

Cheliax

male wraith biomedical scientist lv5/ film director lv3

300ft, being behind the alter he is under total cover


He is evil through to his core. What do you have to say for yourself?


male half elf level 1 ranger(horselord)/summoner level 2 cavailer/druid level 3 ranger(horselord) /cleric level 4 fighter(mounted fury)/bard level 5 gunslinger/rouge(scout) level 6 cavalier/summoner level 7 ranger/ summoner

Ian adds "What are you trying to do as well with this alter?"

Cheliax

male wraith biomedical scientist lv5/ film director lv3

"I have nothing to tell to you" he says, his voice somehow not human in nature


Having given the evildoer an opportunity to make amends, an opportunity that was not taken, Uriel quickly strikes at him with his scimitar.

mechanics:

full attack

first attack
attack 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (3) + 11 = 14, damage 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9
confirmation on a natural roll of 18-20
attack 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (10) + 11 = 21, damage 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7

second attack
attack 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11, damage 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6
confirmation on a natural roll of 18-20
attack 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 6 = 26, damage 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6

Cheliax

male wraith biomedical scientist lv5/ film director lv3

It dodges your attacks with ease and lashes out with a palm strike
to hit
1d20 + 15 ⇒ (14) + 15 = 29
to wound
2d8 + 5 ⇒ (3, 3) + 5 = 11
grab ability
1d20 + 19 ⇒ (2) + 19 = 21

Cheliax

male wraith biomedical scientist lv5/ film director lv3

oh and you can all make a perception check


male half elf level 1 ranger(horselord)/summoner level 2 cavailer/druid level 3 ranger(horselord) /cleric level 4 fighter(mounted fury)/bard level 5 gunslinger/rouge(scout) level 6 cavalier/summoner level 7 ranger/ summoner

perception
1d20 + 12 ⇒ (2) + 12 = 14


He grabbed me!

perception 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (11) + 9 = 20


I am assuming the grab was versus CMD, against standard AC it missed


How many rounds has this been since I started summoning Sprocket?

Cheliax

male wraith biomedical scientist lv5/ film director lv3

Yes grab is against CMD, its been 6 rounds since you started summoning

Ian and Uriel, something feels odd about this cultist but you can't tell what it is yet

Grabing Uriel the cultists says "You've ruined everything!" malice dripping from every word


male half elf level 1 ranger(horselord)/summoner level 2 cavailer/druid level 3 ranger(horselord) /cleric level 4 fighter(mounted fury)/bard level 5 gunslinger/rouge(scout) level 6 cavalier/summoner level 7 ranger/ summoner

Ian asks "what is everything" and looks closer to wierdness wth this cultist.

perception
1d20 + 12 ⇒ (18) + 12 = 30

Cheliax

male wraith biomedical scientist lv5/ film director lv3

He doesn't reply

Ian

Spoiler:
you notice that he doesn't seem to be breathing, and something about him seems like he isn't alive. Under his clothes you think something might be wriggling inside


Just let me know when I'm done summoning Sprocket.


male half elf level 1 ranger(horselord)/summoner level 2 cavailer/druid level 3 ranger(horselord) /cleric level 4 fighter(mounted fury)/bard level 5 gunslinger/rouge(scout) level 6 cavalier/summoner level 7 ranger/ summoner

Ian will attack the cultist with his lance as he tries to grab Uriel and take him down. Ian also says "that shouldn't be moving"

attack roll power attack
1d20 + 8 ⇒ (10) + 8 = 18
damage
1d8 + 8 ⇒ (6) + 8 = 14


I'm not sure of current order, also not real sure of current actions available to Uriel

Cheliax

male wraith biomedical scientist lv5/ film director lv3

Ian fails to hit the creature with his lance, Uriel your grappled so you can try to break free or attack him at a -2 penalty or cast a spell after passing a concentration check


Isn't the creature prone, and cowering?


male half elf level 1 ranger(horselord)/summoner level 2 cavailer/druid level 3 ranger(horselord) /cleric level 4 fighter(mounted fury)/bard level 5 gunslinger/rouge(scout) level 6 cavalier/summoner level 7 ranger/ summoner

if gm needs it initiative
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8


Uriel attempts to free himself from the cultist's grasp.

CMB 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (9) + 9 = 18

Cheliax

male wraith biomedical scientist lv5/ film director lv3

not now that he's grabed Uriel he's staninding up now, also you've summoned Sproket now

Uriel, you don't manage to break free from the creature's grasp. Caelash and Uriel roll initiative


initiative 1d20 ⇒ 10


Initiative: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18

Cheliax

male wraith biomedical scientist lv5/ film director lv3

So initiative is:
Caelash
Cultist
Uriel
Ian

Caleash- your turn to act


Sprocket heads carefully down the cliff (full round to climb to ground), and Caelash uses his shield extract on himself, then takes a step back into the cave again for cover.

Cheliax

male wraith biomedical scientist lv5/ film director lv3

A massive tongue flows out of the cultist's mouth, which he uses to lick Uriel
Uriel roll a fort save


male half elf level 1 ranger(horselord)/summoner level 2 cavailer/druid level 3 ranger(horselord) /cleric level 4 fighter(mounted fury)/bard level 5 gunslinger/rouge(scout) level 6 cavalier/summoner level 7 ranger/ summoner

Ian says "Ew" at the sight of the tounge.


Uriel steels himself against the vileness.

fortitude save 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (9) + 16 = 25


Uriel strikes at the cultist with his scimitar.

mechanics:

attack at -2 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (1) + 9 = 10
damage 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6

confirmation on a natural 18-20
attack at -2 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (19) + 9 = 28
damage 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8

Cheliax

male wraith biomedical scientist lv5/ film director lv3

Uriel manages to keep acting despite the numbing powers of the tongue but fails to hit the creature
Ian your turn


male half elf level 1 ranger(horselord)/summoner level 2 cavailer/druid level 3 ranger(horselord) /cleric level 4 fighter(mounted fury)/bard level 5 gunslinger/rouge(scout) level 6 cavalier/summoner level 7 ranger/ summoner

Ian thrusts with his lance twice trying to hit the elusive creature.

1d20 + 10 ⇒ (18) + 10 = 28

1d8 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11

1d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8

1d8 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10

Cheliax

male wraith biomedical scientist lv5/ film director lv3

Ian manages to dig deep into the creature's flesh, it seems not to care at all, the wound while large looks less effective that it should, since the creature doesn't bleed.

Caelash your turn


Sprocket keeps heading toward the fray, and Caelash casts true strike.

Cheliax

male wraith biomedical scientist lv5/ film director lv3

The creature lets go of Uriel and sets of a flurry of attacks to the paladin

Slam 1
To hit
1d20 + 15 ⇒ (6) + 15 = 21
To wound
2d8 + 5 ⇒ (8, 2) + 5 = 15

Slam 2
To hit
1d20 + 15 ⇒ (14) + 15 = 29
To wound
2d8 + 5 ⇒ (6, 3) + 5 = 14

Tongue
To hit
1d20 + 10 ⇒ (20) + 10 = 30

Uriel your turn


first miss, second hit, I am assuming a fort save for the tongue 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (20) + 16 = 36

Uriel quickly retaliates. Assuming the save is required and he makes it.

mechanics:

swift action: declare critter the target of his smite. He should be able to do this even if immobilized.

Paladin Smite Evil 1/day: Swift action to choose one target within sight to smite. If evil adds +2 (Cha) to hit and +2 (Pal lvl) to damage against the target. The damage bonus is +4 (2x lvl) vs. Outsiders with the evil subtype, evil dragons, and undead. Automatically bypasses targets DR. Also gains +2 (Cha) deflection bonus to AC vs target of smite.

If the critter meets one of the special subtypes, I will leave the additional damage up to ulgulanoth...

full attack

First attack
attack 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (11) + 13 = 24
damage 1d6 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8
critical confirmation on a natural 18-20
attack 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (19) + 13 = 32
damage 1d6 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8

Second attack
attack 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (17) + 8 = 25
damage 1d6 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10
critical confirmation on a natural 18-20
attack 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (1) + 8 = 9
damage 1d6 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11

Cheliax

male wraith biomedical scientist lv5/ film director lv3

Yes you needed to make a fort save for the tongue attack and you passed

Uriel's attack damages the creature considerably, it appeares to be particularly weak to Uriel's holy attacks

Ian your turn


On my turn:

Assuming the cultist is still alive:

Caelash uses a swift action to grant his bow a +1 enhancement for 1 minute.

Caelash takes a 5-foot step forward.

Caelash fires a single shot at the cultist's flat-footed AC.

Attack:
1d20 + 9 + 1 + 20 - 4 - 4 ⇒ (19) + 9 + 1 + 20 - 4 - 4 = 41 (-4 distance, -4 firing into melee, possible -2 cover from allies- but not sure due to height advantage).

Damage:
1d8 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 + 1 = 8

In case it's a crit:
Confirm: 1d20 + 9 + 1 + 20 - 4 - 4 ⇒ (11) + 9 + 1 + 20 - 4 - 4 = 33
Damage: +2d8 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (2, 3) + 2 + 2 = 9

Sprocket keeps heading forward, ending his move atop the slab. (the last 2 rounds he could have moved a total of 320 feet)


male half elf level 1 ranger(horselord)/summoner level 2 cavailer/druid level 3 ranger(horselord) /cleric level 4 fighter(mounted fury)/bard level 5 gunslinger/rouge(scout) level 6 cavalier/summoner level 7 ranger/ summoner

Ian will thrust twice with his lance again this tiem harderpower attack
1d20 + 8 ⇒ (6) + 8 = 14

1d8 + 10 ⇒ (7) + 10 = 17

1d20 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5
1d8 + 10 ⇒ (4) + 10 = 14

it is a +1 lance so it ovecomes dr/magic

851 to 900 of 1,284 << first < prev | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Iobarian horror All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.