Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

Iobarian horror (Inactive)

Game Master ulgulanoth


1 to 50 of 1,284 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Dark Archive

male wraith biomedical scientist lv5/ film director lv3

The small fishing village of Clam Bay, it is late in the evening, the night sky is dark with clouds and threatening with rain, all the able members of the village have gathered in the town hall. The town hall is a small building not much bigger than a barn, it has a stage and many old chairs, it has two windows on either side and is lit by candle light. Most of the villagers aren’t here, too sick to walk, they are stay at home. There are a few new comers who have been invited to the meeting. The town’s mayor, a man that looks much older than he actually is, stands up and addresses the people; the meeting is taking place in a circular fashion to allow everyone to give their opinion. ”We are facing a dreadful crisis, as you all are aware, while we’ve been asking far and wide for help, only a few have answered our call, I fear that our beautiful homes will be forever empty if we do not act now, I do not know what evil we face but we must be vigilant and do everything we can to stop it” he sits down to allow others to talk


male half elf level 1 ranger(horselord)/summoner level 2 cavailer/druid level 3 ranger(horselord) /cleric level 4 fighter(mounted fury)/bard level 5 gunslinger/rouge(scout) level 6 cavalier/summoner level 7 ranger/ summoner

Ian neverously sits at the silence for a while. After a few moments he says "The difficult thing is you cannot fight disease with lance. Do you know of any powerful druids that would know of the sickness. In my travels I have heard of sicknesses caused by bad water. I wonder if I could take it to a powerful druid to see if it is contaminated. If the storeroom where food is contamined by vermin is another possibility that I may need to check but I doubt it is something that easy to spot."

Dark Archive

male wraith biomedical scientist lv5/ film director lv3

”While the disease is indeed a grave matter, it is more important to deal with the strange disappearing of our healthy men and women of this town, for our healers have disappeared, and so have the strongest and finest of our young” replies the mayor


male half elf level 1 ranger(horselord)/summoner level 2 cavailer/druid level 3 ranger(horselord) /cleric level 4 fighter(mounted fury)/bard level 5 gunslinger/rouge(scout) level 6 cavalier/summoner level 7 ranger/ summoner

Ian replies "There I may at least be able to look for footprints. I do want to know about how many are missing and when did the last occurance of people going missing occur as so I may need to find a trail and not lose it after long days. Of course the rain clouds will make following it difficult. Of course I may want to leave with some more supplies like food so we can find it."


A balding dwarf with a flame red beard steps forward. He is unkempt and smells of swine musk, he wears a simple outfit, heavy mountain boots, canvas pants with a leather belt and silver buckle, a loose fitting shirt, an open full length duster and a large brimmed hat. He has two pouches tied to his belt, one on each side, a musket strapped over his shoulder behind him, a long chain with a large heavy ball on the end wrapped around his waist under his duster. He looks well aged and worn from the elements. Perhaps, if you can give us some more information, we may be able to better help you folks. And if you can give us a place to start, we may be able to pick up the trail. Like the home of the most recently disappeared perhaps?


male half elf level 1 ranger(horselord)/summoner level 2 cavailer/druid level 3 ranger(horselord) /cleric level 4 fighter(mounted fury)/bard level 5 gunslinger/rouge(scout) level 6 cavalier/summoner level 7 ranger/ summoner

Ian replies to kulthar "I agree more information will be really helpful"

Dark Archive

male wraith biomedical scientist lv5/ film director lv3

"Well, the last disappearance was two days ago, our local doctor was out in the woods collecting herbs for the sick, she never came back"


Next, a half-orc steps forward wearing an immaculate suit of full plate armor and visibly sporting a holy symbol of a golden winged woman with a sun halo. Clearly he is a servant of the Dawnflower, Sarenrae.

Please allow me to introduce myself. I am Uriel Darkbane, servant of the Dawnflower. Mayor, I think it would be wise to ensure that no one goes about unaccompanied from here on. Were the others alone also or were people abducted in multiples?

After waiting for a response, the half-orc continues...

I agree with these other two fine gentlemand and believe that perhaps we should make haste to where the doctor was last known to be so that we may attempt to follow her trail. Any who choose to may come along to offer advice or aid us. Mayor, could you show the way to her last known whereabouts?

I figured I would give any late arrivees an opportunity to "follow" without holding up the game

Dark Archive

male wraith biomedical scientist lv5/ film director lv3

ay, set up might take a little while

"While the doctor disappeared when she was alone, others have disappeared in groups, it happens when they leave the village, either to go to the woods or out to sea"


male half elf level 1 ranger(horselord)/summoner level 2 cavailer/druid level 3 ranger(horselord) /cleric level 4 fighter(mounted fury)/bard level 5 gunslinger/rouge(scout) level 6 cavalier/summoner level 7 ranger/ summoner

Ian stares deep in thought and says"I have a suggestion that may provide clues to other people making decisions can you keep a log of where the groups are heading out of the village and where they disapper may provide us with more clues or if they do not disapper. We need information to solve this problem."

Dark Archive

male wraith biomedical scientist lv5/ film director lv3

"We've decided no one was to leave the village unless it was absolutely necessary"


Is there anything you can tell us about the disappearances? Does it matter where they went outside the village? Or does everyone who leaves the village disappear? Kulthar thinks for a little bit, Which home is the good doctor's? Having some of her items or maybe even a sample of the herbs she was collecting would help us find her.

Kulthar turns to the others looking to help, Any of you able to scry? I could if I had a scroll of it.

Dark Archive

male wraith biomedical scientist lv5/ film director lv3

"It tends to happen in the early morning, late evening and night, also it always happens when the group is out of sight of anyone from the village, it never happens to people who can defend themselves either. As for the doctor's house, i'll show it to you tomorrow"


Just to clarify. No one has gone missing during the middle of the day? And no one has gone missing that can defend themselves? And no one has gone missing as long as they stayed within sight of the village, even if it was at night? Kulthar doesn't wait for a response, his questions being more rhetorical than anything else. Perhaps we could test this.

Kulthar rubs his brow for a moment, How do you know when someone has gone missing? Do you hear screaming, or do you not know until they don't show up? There are so many questions. How much are these villagers willing to tell us?

Dark Archive

male wraith biomedical scientist lv5/ film director lv3

"Yes, no one has gone missing in the middle of the day, or who could defend themselves or that stayed within sight of the village. As to how we know they have gone missing, no there is almost never a scream, they just never come back"


male half elf level 1 ranger(horselord)/summoner level 2 cavailer/druid level 3 ranger(horselord) /cleric level 4 fighter(mounted fury)/bard level 5 gunslinger/rouge(scout) level 6 cavalier/summoner level 7 ranger/ summoner

Ian taps his foot a little while listening to the other answers and then thinks up another question "Is there a particular place the missing people tended to head towards outside the village?" Ian takes a deep breath and ask another question "Why did the doctor leave the village?"

Dark Archive

male wraith biomedical scientist lv5/ film director lv3

"No, no particular place... the doctor left to collect some herbs for the villagers, she strayed just too far..."


Male Half-Elf Brb2/Cav1/Clr2/Drd1/Ftr1/Gun1/Rng1(Guide, Trapper)/Ocl3

A face who had previously been silent stepped forward to question the mayor. "Um, excuse me? Would you, by any chance, know what herbs she was going to collect, and why she went to get those herbs? Also, what direction did she go when collecting these herbs?" He pauses for a bit, then continues "Who was the latest person to disappear, and about when and where did they dissapear from?"

Dark Archive

male wraith biomedical scientist lv5/ film director lv3

"No, she keeps all that stuff secret.... the last person to disappear was a farmer's son, he went out look for his sister who had disappeared in the morning, that was today, just a few hours ago, he left for the forest"


male half elf level 1 ranger(horselord)/summoner level 2 cavailer/druid level 3 ranger(horselord) /cleric level 4 fighter(mounted fury)/bard level 5 gunslinger/rouge(scout) level 6 cavalier/summoner level 7 ranger/ summoner

Ian getting a little pesimistic with the vuage information says
"Have any villagers come back after leaving the village and if so which way did they go and which way is safe?"

Dark Archive

male wraith biomedical scientist lv5/ film director lv3

"Some have they've kept to the edge of the forest"


Wait a minute. You just said that the doctor was the last to disappear two days ago, and now we have a young child who just disappeared today? What are we waiting for? We should be hitting that fresh trail right now! Kulthar becomes visibly agitated, grinding his teeth and rubbing his hands. What more can you tell us about the children? Where's their house? We'll need some recently worn clothes, Blade can pick up the trail if he has a scent to go on.

Dark Archive

male wraith biomedical scientist lv5/ film director lv3

"Well we hoped they would return..."


Listen, I understand your fear, your unwillingness to trust an outsider. But if we are to help you, and possibly save those children and others, we will need full cooperation from all of you. And the truth. Kulthar pauses for effect. Dam# idiots. So afraid of us, they would let their own people die if it kept us from knowing the full truth. Kulthar continues, If we are to save anyone, including the next person to be taken, we must have the whole truth. Anyone want to share?

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (2) + 8 = 10

Dark Archive

male wraith biomedical scientist lv5/ film director lv3

the villagers look at each other, then one stands up "I'll take you to the place where the disappearances keep happening"


male half elf level 1 ranger(horselord)/summoner level 2 cavailer/druid level 3 ranger(horselord) /cleric level 4 fighter(mounted fury)/bard level 5 gunslinger/rouge(scout) level 6 cavalier/summoner level 7 ranger/ summoner

Ian lets out a smile and says "let us be off then before the trail gets any colder."


Kulthar sighs heavily with a huff, Will someone please run to the childrens' home and grab a recently used item, preferably an article of clothing. We may need it to help find where the children are currently located.

Dark Archive

male wraith biomedical scientist lv5/ film director lv3

a woman stands up and hands Kulthar a scarf "She used to wear this, i don't know if it will help"


Thankyou, lady. This is one thing we are looking for. Will this be sufficient for Blade to track with? Uriel speaks to Kulthar as he goes over to take the scarf from the lady. Then, turning to the villager who offered to show the place f disappearance We don't have all day, please lead us there but wait for us to gather or gear and mounts.

After pausing a moment, Uriel continues to his new friends...

We need a moment or two to discuss this situation by ourselves.

It's a trap!- mandatory SW allusion. ;)


male half elf level 1 ranger(horselord)/summoner level 2 cavailer/druid level 3 ranger(horselord) /cleric level 4 fighter(mounted fury)/bard level 5 gunslinger/rouge(scout) level 6 cavalier/summoner level 7 ranger/ summoner

Ian quietly says "I have a special friend from the great beyond that when he is summoned I can follow scents and I can track well. Also they are humans I am good at tracking them. Just to warn you he is a bit shy."


Male Human Ranger 2

"Indeed. These are sub-optimal conditions, and we should all work together to find where these people have disappeared to."


Blade and I will assist anyone who can track the young children.

Dark Archive

male wraith biomedical scientist lv5/ film director lv3

The villagers look at each other and after a while they shake their heads


Is it settled then? Lead us to the location so that we may begin the search. Time is wasting.


male half elf level 1 ranger(horselord)/summoner level 2 cavailer/druid level 3 ranger(horselord) /cleric level 4 fighter(mounted fury)/bard level 5 gunslinger/rouge(scout) level 6 cavalier/summoner level 7 ranger/ summoner

Ian replies to Uriel " I agree let get on this trail before it gets colder."

Dark Archive

male wraith biomedical scientist lv5/ film director lv3

The villager that guides you introduces himself as Jacobo, he is a skinny man and has some nasty looking scars on his back. He leads you beyond the village, you manage to enter the forest before it starts to rain heavily, the trees provide good cover so you don't get wet. After a bit the Jacobo stops and tells you he won't go any further (too afraid he'll disappear too) but points to a clearing, and tells you just beyond that clearing is where no one that goes there returned from. He wishes you all luck and returns to the village in a hurry


Kulthar takes the scarf and passes it under the nose of Blade. He then makes his way around the group, offering it for each companion to smell so that they may pick up the scent of the children. Well, no time like the present. Let's see if this group can pick up that trail. Kulthar mounts Blade and rides over to the place Jacobo pointed out. Let's go Blade, see if you can pick up that scent. I'll look for signs of disturbance. Kulthar dismounts and begins searching for tracks.

Both Blade and Kulthar are trying to aid Ian or Uriel in tracking the children. Kulthar doesn't consider himself a great tracker.
Blade Track: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10
Kulthar Track: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (8) + 11 = 19


Male Human Ranger 2

Eladrin, seeing the others have started searching for a trail, goes off and helps them to the best of his ability.

Survival (aiding Ian), tracking: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (20) + 10 = 30


male half elf level 1 ranger(horselord)/summoner level 2 cavailer/druid level 3 ranger(horselord) /cleric level 4 fighter(mounted fury)/bard level 5 gunslinger/rouge(scout) level 6 cavalier/summoner level 7 ranger/ summoner

Ian seeing that this is not the best time do this and taht it is dark casts light on the tip of his lance held out in front of him and beings to track.

survival tracking humans
1d20 + 17 ⇒ (5) + 17 = 22
+2 from aid another +2 from favored enemy assuming human based on setting +1 track and then my +12 surival bonus.

Dark Archive

male wraith biomedical scientist lv5/ film director lv3

Ian and the others manage to track using their combined experience the whereabouts of the children to a cave deep in the forest that is being flooded by a little stream made from the rain. Perception check everyone if you will


Male Half-Elf Brb2/Cav1/Clr2/Drd1/Ftr1/Gun1/Rng1(Guide, Trapper)/Ocl3

1d20 + 12 ⇒ (19) + 12 = 31


Perception:
Blade: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (9) + 7 = 16
Kulthar: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (1) + 8 = 9


male half elf level 1 ranger(horselord)/summoner level 2 cavailer/druid level 3 ranger(horselord) /cleric level 4 fighter(mounted fury)/bard level 5 gunslinger/rouge(scout) level 6 cavalier/summoner level 7 ranger/ summoner

perception
Ian
1d20 + 12 ⇒ (11) + 12 = 23
Marie horse
1d20 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 1 = 19

Dark Archive

male wraith biomedical scientist lv5/ film director lv3

Eldrad and Ian

Spoiler:
you notice at the edge of the cave there are piles of sea fish skeletons, the mouth of the cave having a hit smell of sea water further in the cave there is something moving, and it is vaguely fish like


perception 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (18) + 9 = 27


Seket, perhaps you should remain out here and watch the horses if we go inside the cave

With Uriel's words, a small serpentine figure pokes her head and upper body out of the pack saddle on Drummer's back.

Ahh, do I have to? she speaks in a sulking manner.

Yes Seket, be sure to watch the horses and remain watching for intruders. Alert me if anything turns up.

Seket emerges from the pack saddle, displaying her scarlet scales and red mane of hair which immediately change color and begin to blend in with the surroundings.

It is a pleasure to meet you, gentlemen and boar. Apparently, Uriel is very poor with introductions, she states matter of factly.


Male Half-Elf Brb2/Cav1/Clr2/Drd1/Ftr1/Gun1/Rng1(Guide, Trapper)/Ocl3

First things first: Rolling requested survival check
1d20 + 9 ⇒ (5) + 9 = 14

"Interesting," Eladrin says, "That there would be an entrance to the sea from a cave in the middle of the forest. The creations of nature will never cease to amaze me. However, shall we greet our aquatic friend in the cave now, or wait a while to gather information?"

Cautiously, Eladrin keeps his hand near his shield, ready to draw it in case the fish thing charges out. If it comes out without hostile intentions, then he will keep his shield stowed away.


male half elf level 1 ranger(horselord)/summoner level 2 cavailer/druid level 3 ranger(horselord) /cleric level 4 fighter(mounted fury)/bard level 5 gunslinger/rouge(scout) level 6 cavalier/summoner level 7 ranger/ summoner

Ian whispers in common "I see something serpent like in the cave. I was thinking of summoning something to use as bait to draw it out of the cave."

Dark Archive

male wraith biomedical scientist lv5/ film director lv3

Eldrad: just shy of finding anything important


At Ian's words Kulthar mounts Blade and moves away from the entrance about 20 feet and draws his musket and readies it. He looks down the Far-Sight and tries to see what the others are seeing in the cave. Steady Blade. We will be in battle soon enough.

Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (11) + 8 = 19

1 to 50 of 1,284 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Iobarian horror All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.