Into the Void

Game Master Peet

Campaign Maps


301 to 350 of 871 << first < prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | next > last >>

Female Android Mystic (Priest) 1 | SP 6/6, HP 10/10, RP 4/4 | EAC 15, KAC 16, AC vs CM 24 | F +0, R +2, W +5 | Init +2; Perc +7 (darkvision 60 ft., low-light vision), Sense Motive +5 | Computers +5, Diplomacy +6, Intimidate +4, Medicine +5, Mysticism +8 | Azimuth Laser Pistol +2 (1d4), Survival Knife +2 (1d4) | Spells/Day: 2/3

"Yes, optimal efficiency is best achieved when multiple people work in unison. Unfortunately, I do not have a lot of experience with this sort of thing. Have you been racing long? Perhaps you might be willing to offer some friendly advice?"


Human Icon Envoy 1 | SP 0/6 HP : 9/10 : RP 4/4 | EAC 13 : KAC 14 | Fort +0 : Ref +4 : Will +2 | Init +2, Perception +4, Move 30' | Acrobatics +6, Bluff +7 (+1d6), Computers +5, Culture +6, Diplomacy +7, Intimidate +7, Perception +4, Piloting +6, Profession (musician) +7, Sense Motive +4 (+1d6) | Survival knife +2 (1d4 S) : Semi-auto pistol +3 (1d6 P) : Needler Pistol +3 (1d4 P) : Unarmed +0 (1d3 B)

bluff, skill expertise: 1d20 + 11 + 1d6 ⇒ (5) + 11 + (1) = 17

Depending on what she learns from her sense motive, Stell will socialize with someone who seems to have the greatest desire to see Ratrod defeated.


Campaign Maps | CALICO WANDERER (tier 2)

Dawn:

Rising Dawn wrote:
"Yes, optimal efficiency is best achieved when multiple people work in unison. Unfortunately, I do not have a lot of experience with this sort of thing. Have you been racing long? Perhaps you might be willing to offer some friendly advice?"

You forgot the Diplomacy check (since that seems to be what you are doing rather than bluff or intimidate), so here goes:

Dawn Diplomacy: 1d10 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14 ... nope.

The android looks up from her work and looks Dawn up and down, noting Dawn's badge.

"Go fast?" the android says, then turns back to the work she was doing.

"I have never won a race myself, so I am still working on my own strategy." they say without looking up.


Female Android Mystic (Priest) 1 | SP 6/6, HP 10/10, RP 4/4 | EAC 15, KAC 16, AC vs CM 24 | F +0, R +2, W +5 | Init +2; Perc +7 (darkvision 60 ft., low-light vision), Sense Motive +5 | Computers +5, Diplomacy +6, Intimidate +4, Medicine +5, Mysticism +8 | Azimuth Laser Pistol +2 (1d4), Survival Knife +2 (1d4) | Spells/Day: 2/3

"Ah. Well, I wish you good luck, Velocity. May the best racer win." Unable to gain an advantage, the priest returns to Laboni's pit to continue working on the racer.


Campaign Maps | CALICO WANDERER (tier 2)

Stell:

Stell Zee-Linn wrote:

"Hello. I'm a freelance reporter for PIR..."

LEMGEM: Sense Motive, Skill Expertise: 1d20 + 4 + 1d6 ⇒ (11) + 4 + (5) = 20
NYIZIN: Sense Motive, Skill Expertise: 1d20 + 4 + 1d6 ⇒ (10) + 4 + (4) = 18
ORSIS: Sense Motive, Skill Expertise: 1d20 + 4 + 1d6 ⇒ (14) + 4 + (6) = 24
RATROD: Sense Motive, Skill Expertise: 1d20 + 4 + 1d6 ⇒ (20) + 4 + (2) = 26
VELOCITY: Sense Motive, Skill Expertise: 1d20 + 4 + 1d6 ⇒ (4) + 4 + (1) = 9

Stell Zee-Linn wrote:

bluff, skill expertise: 1d20 + 11 + 1d6 ⇒ (5) + 11 + (1) = 17

For some reason you only rolled one bluff check instead of five, so I'm going to go ahead and roll the other four for you:

NYIZIN: bluff, skill expertise: 1d20 + 11 + 1d6 ⇒ (8) + 11 + (1) = 20
ORSIS: bluff, skill expertise: 1d20 + 11 + 1d6 ⇒ (7) + 11 + (2) = 20
RATROD: bluff, skill expertise: 1d20 + 11 + 1d6 ⇒ (1) + 11 + (6) = 18
VELOCITY: bluff, skill expertise: 1d20 + 11 + 1d6 ⇒ (18) + 11 + (1) = 30

Lemgem: Stell learns that Lemgem is neither an especially good pilot or gunner, but is a good engineer, and is obsessed with constantly improving her racer, sometimes in ways that are dangerous. She can "overclock" her racer which sometimes gives her a boost in speed.

Nyizin: Nyizin is not a great pilot, but she is a military veteran and is a good gunner. She seems to have something of a death wish and plans to win the race to honor a former friend who died in battle.

1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 16

Orsis: When approached by Stell, Orsis gives her a long look. Then he shrugs and grants an interview. Stell can tell that Orsis is quite vain and considers himself as good as Ratrod - at least. He is a decent gunner, engineer, and pilot, but not especially great ant any one thing.

Ratrod: Ratrod is surprised when Stell approaches him. "You're not one of my people... well, I guess it's good that other media outlets are paying attention to the show." But Ratrod laughs when Stell asks him the question. "Nope!" he beams. Ratrod can't be beat! Especially not by that Starfinder tart! Just watch and see!" Ratrod is happy to discuss his achievements, and he clearly resents the challenge to legitimacy Laboni's statements represent. But after discussion, Stell believes he is good at all the things necessary to do well in the race: piloting, engineering, and gunnery.

Velocity: Velocity is willing to talk but is rather Laconic and Stell learns little of value.

Stell Zee-Linn wrote:
Depending on what she learns from her sense motive, Stell will socialize with someone who seems to have the greatest desire to see Ratrod defeated.

Do you mean as a part of your next action? Your current action is complete.


Void GM wrote:
Iolas: remember you may also Size Up, Appraise, or Socialize during your breaks. Or something else you can come up with.

I think Iolas' best "break" action is pretty straightforward.

Iolasbot goes over during his break to have a look at Ratrod's racer.

engineering: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (9) + 9 = 18

Ratrod's racer has had multiple engine mods and looks very fast. It also has improved armor and deflectors and is armed with an energy weapon. Iolas notes that the deflectors have a shunt to the stabilizer system. This ingenious system will allow Ratrod to absorb damage from one energy weapon each round, giving a piloting bonus rather than a penalty.


I'm not sure what Thuldas wants to do so I'll let him do this action later. But let's move on to action 2.

"So, what's next?" Laboni asks.

Action 1:

Dawn: Scavenged (fail) & Socialized with Velocity (fail)
Iolas: Repaired (fail) & Appraised Ratrod (success)
Stell: Sizing up (succeeded with all except Velocity)
Thuldas:
Wint: Analyzed Ratrod (success).

Action 2:

Dawn:
Iolas:
Stell:
Thuldas:
Wint:


Female Android Mystic (Priest) 1 | SP 6/6, HP 10/10, RP 4/4 | EAC 15, KAC 16, AC vs CM 24 | F +0, R +2, W +5 | Init +2; Perc +7 (darkvision 60 ft., low-light vision), Sense Motive +5 | Computers +5, Diplomacy +6, Intimidate +4, Medicine +5, Mysticism +8 | Azimuth Laser Pistol +2 (1d4), Survival Knife +2 (1d4) | Spells/Day: 2/3

Dawn tries once again to scavenge for parts, but this whole junk business just doesn't seem to be in her wheelhouse. If she were human, she would probably sigh with frustration.

Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 8

Instead, she accepts her failure stoically and takes a break to socialize with Lemgem. "That is a very interesting racer you have constructed. I fear I have not been having any luck in my attempts to upgrade our own. I do not suppose you would be willing to lend some assistance? We are hoping to defeat Ratrod."

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 6 = 26

A 1 and a 20. From one extreme to the next!


Campaign Maps | CALICO WANDERER (tier 2)

Dawn:

Rising Dawn wrote:
"...I do not suppose you would be willing to lend some assistance? We are hoping to defeat Ratrod."

"Hmmm..." the gnome woman thinks. "Even with my magic overdriver I never seem to beat Ratrod. He's really good. I wouldn't mind seeing him taken down a peg. You gotta watch out for him. Don't shoot him with an energy weapon; his racer seems to be able to soak up energy attacks and turn it into speed. It can only do that so often; if you hit him with a lot of energy beams it will slow him down. We tried that before, a couple times. But it would have been simpler just to shoot kinetics."

"I heard what your driver said about Ratrod. You think it's true? That she can win her first time on the track?" the gnome looks hopeful.

"Tell you what... how about we team up? We could work together against Ratrod. If you guys can get the lead then first place is yours, as long as I can come in second. We don't shoot each other and we concentrate whoever is out front, or coming up behind us. Whaddya think?"

Lemgem's eyes narrow. "But if you shoot at me the deal's off. also, if you can't catch up and get me second place, then I'm going for it myself. Got it?"


Campaign Maps | CALICO WANDERER (tier 2)
Rising Dawn wrote:
A 1 and a 20. From one extreme to the next!

Which ends up being perfectly average in total. :)

Progress

Action 1:
Dawn: Scavenged (fail) & Socialized with Velocity (fail)
Iolas: Repaired (fail) & Appraised Ratrod (success)
Stell: Sizing up (succeeded with all except Velocity)
Thuldas:
Wint: Analyzed Ratrod (success).

Action 2:
Dawn: Scavenge (fail) & Socialize with Lemgem (success) - ongoing.
Iolas:
Stell:
Thuldas:
Wint:


Female Android Mystic (Priest) 1 | SP 6/6, HP 10/10, RP 4/4 | EAC 15, KAC 16, AC vs CM 24 | F +0, R +2, W +5 | Init +2; Perc +7 (darkvision 60 ft., low-light vision), Sense Motive +5 | Computers +5, Diplomacy +6, Intimidate +4, Medicine +5, Mysticism +8 | Azimuth Laser Pistol +2 (1d4), Survival Knife +2 (1d4) | Spells/Day: 2/3
Lemgem wrote:
"I heard what your driver said about Ratrod. You think it's true? That she can win her first time on the track?"

"Anything is possible. She has a skilled team on her side, and your assistance will go a long way towards increasing our chances of victory. I will have to discuss your offer with the others, but I believe the terms of alliance are acceptable. We will work together to ensure Ratrod does not win."

When Dawn returns to the pit, she tells the others about Ratrod's energy shield and the alliance offer from Lemgem.


Male Nuar Mechanic 1 | HP 6/6 SP 10/10 RP 2/2 | EAC 14 KAC 15 | F +2 R +5 W +0 | Perc +4 Darkvision | Init +3

Iolas tries, yet again, to jury rig a solution for the lack of a primary radial thrust attentuator, aith a bit more success this time.

Engineering: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (13) + 9 = 22

If that check succeeds I'll probably increase the speed of the racer.


Campaign Maps | CALICO WANDERER (tier 2)
Iolas wrote:

Iolas tries, yet again, to jury rig a solution for the lack of a primary radial thrust attentuator, aith a bit more success this time.

Engineering: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (13) + 9 = 22

If that check succeeds I'll probably increase the speed of the racer.

Yes, that's a success. In future, you should indicate what system you are trying to upgrade before you roll though.

Also, what are you doing during your 'breaks?'


Skittermander Operative (Ghost) 1 | SP 4/7, HP 7/7, RP 5/5 EAC 16. KAC 17 | Fort +1, Ref +6, Wis + 2 | Per +5 (low light), Sense Motive +1
Skills:
Acrobatics: +11, Athletics: +5, Bluff +7, Culture +4, Diplomacy +7. Perception +5, Piloting +10, Housekeeper +9, Stealth +11
Attacks:
Trick attack : 1d4 | Tactical Baton +4, 1d4 | Laser Pistol +4, 1d4F | semi-auto Pistol +4, 1d6P

Wint is going to try and scavenge for parts. To improve the steering, of course. It has to handle like a DREAM

perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16

In his (slight) spare time he will go up to Orsis and try and convince him that we should somewhat ally

"Hello there. My name is Wint. I'm with the Starfinder team. Why don't we make a deal? We'll never shoot on you (even if you're in first) and you'll never shoot at us (even if we're in first). That way we're both a lot more likely to win!"

diplomacy: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (17) + 7 = 24


Male Nuar Mechanic 1 | HP 6/6 SP 10/10 RP 2/2 | EAC 14 KAC 15 | F +2 R +5 W +0 | Perc +4 Darkvision | Init +3

I'll be assessing other racers.


Dwarf Priest Technomancer 1 (ENGR) | SP 6/6 : HP 11/11 : RP 4/4 | EAC 13 : KAC 16 (+4 vs. bull rush, trip) | F +1 : R +1 : W +3 (+2 vs. poison, spells, SLAs) | Init +0 : Perc +2 (darkvision 60 ft.) : Speed 20'
Stats & Skills:
Str 14 : Dex 10 : Con 12 : Int 16 : Wis 13 : Cha 8 | Computers +7, Culture +4, Engineering +7, Life Science +7, Mysticism +6, Physical Science +7
Attacks & Spells:
Assault hammer +2 (1d6+2 B) : Returning tactical starknife +2 (1d4+2 P) | Spell slots - 1st 3/3 : Cache 1/1

I'm back in the lands of cell reception!

Thuldas uses his personal computer to scan the energy auras of Laboni's racer and then attempts to tune the deflectors for better spectrum coverage.

Thuldas is attempting to optimize the deflectors with his first action.

Physical Science check: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10

After monkeying with the deflectors, Thuldas takes a break to stretch his legs and check out the competition. He takes particular interest in the sleek ride belonging to Orsis, the sharply-dressed Lashunta.

Thuldas will attempt to appraise Orsis' racer with his first break.

Engineering check: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (16) + 7 = 23


Human Icon Envoy 1 | SP 0/6 HP : 9/10 : RP 4/4 | EAC 13 : KAC 14 | Fort +0 : Ref +4 : Will +2 | Init +2, Perception +4, Move 30' | Acrobatics +6, Bluff +7 (+1d6), Computers +5, Culture +6, Diplomacy +7, Intimidate +7, Perception +4, Piloting +6, Profession (musician) +7, Sense Motive +4 (+1d6) | Survival knife +2 (1d4 S) : Semi-auto pistol +3 (1d6 P) : Needler Pistol +3 (1d4 P) : Unarmed +0 (1d3 B)

Stell reports her findings on the other racers.

"Well, if we need kinetic weapons to damage Ratrod's racer, I'll see if I can find something in these scrap piles."

Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10

She's looking for scrap that could be used to add a kinetic weapon to the rig.

During down time, Stell will try to sweet talk one of the camera operators into letting her use a camera drone to do a little recon about the track conditions, hoping to spot something we can use to our advantage during the race.

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (17) + 7 = 24

If successful:

Piloting the drone: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10


Campaign Maps | CALICO WANDERER (tier 2)
Iolas wrote:
I'll be assessing other racers.

Iolas: Choose another racer, and then roll the appropriate check (engineering if you want to appraise their vehicle).

I'll post some more after midnight.


Male Nuar Mechanic 1 | HP 6/6 SP 10/10 RP 2/2 | EAC 14 KAC 15 | F +2 R +5 W +0 | Perc +4 Darkvision | Init +3

Iolas walks around the track, studying Nyizin's racer for any special features.

Engineering: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (20) + 9 = 29


Campaign Maps | CALICO WANDERER (tier 2)

Wint

Wint Succeeds in upgrading the vehicle's steering.

Wint wrote:
"Hello there. My name is Wint. I'm with the Starfinder team. Why don't we make a deal? We'll never shoot on you (even if you're in first) and you'll never shoot at us (even if we're in first). That way we're both a lot more likely to win!"

Orsis looks the little Skittermander over.

1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 20

He smiles at Wint, and inclines his head.

"I'll make no promises, little one; I drive to win, and if someone's in front of me, I'll take 'em down. Nothing personal. If you think you can hit me, go ahead and shoot."

Orsis grins.

"Laboni's never driven one of these races before, has she? She's bitten off maybe more than she can chew. I don't care to lose but I hate to see new drivers get humiliated on their first run. Let me give you a couple pointers."

"You get a lot of debris on the track, and you're gonna have to swerve to avoid it. But if you turn too hard you're going to slew sideways you can actually use that if you hit the accelerator just before swerving..."

Thanks to Orsis' tips, whoever is driving gains a +2 insight bonus to Piloting for the race. This doesn't stack with other insight bonuses.


Campaign Maps | CALICO WANDERER (tier 2)

Thuldas

Despite working for an hour, Thuldas is not able to come up with any appreciable improvement in the racer's deflectors.

Taking a break, he goes over to Orsis' pit and has a look at Orsis' junkracer.

1d4 ⇒ 1

Orsis' racer looks fast, though not as fast as Ratrod's. It is armed with a kinetic weapon, and it has good deflectors and very good armor. Clearly Orsis is aiming for defense with his design.


Campaign Maps | CALICO WANDERER (tier 2)

Iolas

Iolas is able to repair a small leak in the ignition chamber, giving the racer a much needed speed boost.

1d3 ⇒ 1

He goes over to have a look at Nyizin's racer. He is surprised to find that Nyizin's racer is not armed at all! It seems to be optimized for speed and looks as fast as Ratrod's, and has enhanced steering.

Iolas also notices that there seem to be components in the engine that are made of the bones of some large creature (definitely bigger than a human) and that these bones have strange glowing runes carved on them.

Iolas has no idea what they do, but he considers it unlikely that these components were found within the botscrap junkyard.


Campaign Maps | CALICO WANDERER (tier 2)

Stell

Stell finds a pneumatic bolt-thrower, but after looking it over the group realizes that it may violate the "nonlethal only" rule and determines that they may not use it as is. (fail)

Stell goes over to the camera crew.

"Sure, no problemo," the cameraman says. He is a young Ysoki with black fur. He takes her to a media hut, mostly just a hollow carved out of a pile of scrap. Within there are dozens of monitors.

He winces when he watches her trying to operate the drone cameras.

"Here, let me get that for you," he says. "What do you want to see?" he asks.

"As you can see, we got pretty good coverage of the track. Over two dozen feeds coming in at once. I can give you a password so you can get the feed yerself. Just don't be broadcasting any of it. It's company property and ye'll get yerself sued. But all the racers are allowed to have access... most of them know the track pretty well so they don't bother anymore."

Benefit: Anyone watching the feeds remotely will be able to make an Aid Another action to help those who are operating the vehicle (piloting or shooting).


Campaign Maps | CALICO WANDERER (tier 2)

Progress

Action 1:
Dawn: Scavenged (fail) & Socialized with Velocity (fail)
Iolas: Repaired (fail) & Appraised Ratrod (success)
Stell: Sizing up (succeeded with all except Velocity)
Thuldas: Optimize (fail) & Appraised Orsis (success)
Wint: Analyzed Ratrod (success).

Action 2:
Dawn: Scavenge (fail) & Socialize with Lemgem (success) - ongoing.
Iolas: Repaired Engine (success) & Apprraised Nyizin (success)
Stell: Scavenge (fail) & Schmooze with camera crew (success)
Thuldas:
Wint: Scavenge Steering (success) & Socialized with Orsis (success)

Action 3:
Dawn:
Iolas:
Stell:
Thuldas:
Wint:

Current Boons:
* Wint has +2 to hit Ratrod or if piloting, Ratrod has -2 to hit Wint.
* Lemgem has offered an alliance and will settle for second place (do you guys accept?)
* Orsis' tips grant +2 insight to whoever is piloting.
* Watching the incoming feeds allows a character to use an aid another action.
* Nyizin may have illegal mods on her racer.

LABONI'S RACER

Speed 45 ft., full 450 ft. (Improved by 5/50 ft.)
EAC 10; KAC 12
Attack: energy weapon (a hit gives target –4 to Piloting)
Steering: +3 Piloting (Improved by +1)
Targeting: –3 attack

Thuldas: You still have your second action to perform.

What next?


Female Android Mystic (Priest) 1 | SP 6/6, HP 10/10, RP 4/4 | EAC 15, KAC 16, AC vs CM 24 | F +0, R +2, W +5 | Init +2; Perc +7 (darkvision 60 ft., low-light vision), Sense Motive +5 | Computers +5, Diplomacy +6, Intimidate +4, Medicine +5, Mysticism +8 | Azimuth Laser Pistol +2 (1d4), Survival Knife +2 (1d4) | Spells/Day: 2/3

Dawn returns to the scrap heap, hoping for better luck with her scavenging. Today just doesn't seem to be her day.

Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10

During the break, she tries to socialize with Nyizin. "Blessings of the Dawnflower be upon you. I must confess that I have not met many ryphorians during my time on this station. If you have a few moments, I would be interested to hearing more about your people and your culture. And perhaps you could grant me some insights as to the 'special modifications' you have made to your racer?"

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 6 = 26

Oy, feast or famine here!


Dwarf Priest Technomancer 1 (ENGR) | SP 6/6 : HP 11/11 : RP 4/4 | EAC 13 : KAC 16 (+4 vs. bull rush, trip) | F +1 : R +1 : W +3 (+2 vs. poison, spells, SLAs) | Init +0 : Perc +2 (darkvision 60 ft.) : Speed 20'
Stats & Skills:
Str 14 : Dex 10 : Con 12 : Int 16 : Wis 13 : Cha 8 | Computers +7, Culture +4, Engineering +7, Life Science +7, Mysticism +6, Physical Science +7
Attacks & Spells:
Assault hammer +2 (1d6+2 B) : Returning tactical starknife +2 (1d4+2 P) | Spell slots - 1st 3/3 : Cache 1/1

Scanning the deflectors again, Thuldas frowns as he realizes his efforts didn't improve the racer's protection. Taking a different tact, he grabs some spare rods and a welding torch and attempts to reinforce the craft's armor plating.

Thuldas is attempting to repair the armor with his second action.

Engineering check: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13

The dwarf steps back from his work, unsure if he's improved the racer or just changed its appearance. Stretching his legs, he takes a quick peek at Nyizin's racer with Iolas.

Thuldas will attempt to appraise Nyizin's racer with his second break. If he notices the glowy bits (or if Iolas points them out to him), he will attempt to discern their purpose with a Mysticism check.

Engineering check: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10
Mysticism check: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16


Skittermander Operative (Ghost) 1 | SP 4/7, HP 7/7, RP 5/5 EAC 16. KAC 17 | Fort +1, Ref +6, Wis + 2 | Per +5 (low light), Sense Motive +1
Skills:
Acrobatics: +11, Athletics: +5, Bluff +7, Culture +4, Diplomacy +7. Perception +5, Piloting +10, Housekeeper +9, Stealth +11
Attacks:
Trick attack : 1d4 | Tactical Baton +4, 1d4 | Laser Pistol +4, 1d4F | semi-auto Pistol +4, 1d6P

Wint will again go looking for parts. This time he wants to increase the racers speed.

In his break he'll try and make nice with Orsis

"Hello there. I'm Wint. It must be really, really good to be able to speak mind to mind. I wish that I could do that. I'm on Laboni's crew. I'd like to make a deal with you. We both really want to beat Ratrod. You're better than him and have just been unlucky. Lets both concentrate on beating him shall we?"

perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8

diplomacy: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12


Male Nuar Mechanic 1 | HP 6/6 SP 10/10 RP 2/2 | EAC 14 KAC 15 | F +2 R +5 W +0 | Perc +4 Darkvision | Init +3

Iolas grabs the pneumatic bolt thrower that Stell found, trying to reduce the pressure to make it shoot softer, ultimately to get a kinetic weapon on the racer.
Engineering: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (3) + 9 = 12

During the break, Iolas will try to appraise Velocity's racer.
Engineering: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (7) + 9 = 16


Human Icon Envoy 1 | SP 0/6 HP : 9/10 : RP 4/4 | EAC 13 : KAC 14 | Fort +0 : Ref +4 : Will +2 | Init +2, Perception +4, Move 30' | Acrobatics +6, Bluff +7 (+1d6), Computers +5, Culture +6, Diplomacy +7, Intimidate +7, Perception +4, Piloting +6, Profession (musician) +7, Sense Motive +4 (+1d6) | Survival knife +2 (1d4 S) : Semi-auto pistol +3 (1d6 P) : Needler Pistol +3 (1d4 P) : Unarmed +0 (1d3 B)

Stell links her comm unit into the racer's computer and tries to find a way to improve the shielding, simulating incoming trajectories and their effectiveness against different angles to see what the optimum positioning would be to deflect kinetic attacks rather than just trying to absorb the damage.

Computer: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 17

During her down time, Stell will look at past shows of races to see if she can see anything that could help the team.

Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9


Campaign Maps | CALICO WANDERER (tier 2)

Dawn

Dawn is unable to find any scrap that looks useful to her eyes.

She goes to visit Nyizin. The Ryphorian looks up, and looks Dawn over.

Dawn Culture (untrained): 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 1 = 14

"I suppose you wouldn't find us unless you went looking, but there are plenty of us out here. Just look for the section where they turn the thermostat down." she grins.

"Not sure what I could tell ya that ain't common knowledge. We come from Triaxus, mostly. That's the planet where dragons come from. It's real cold there for at least half the year, and the year is real long - more than 300 standard years. Our orbit is pretty weird, compared to everyone else's."

She looks down at the racer, and the strange modifications.

"Yeah, those are dragon bone, enhanced with a bit o' magic. In honor of my partner. He died... yeah." she says, nodding. It sounds like she doesn't care to talk more, and she turns back to work on her racer once more.

To get anything more from her someone will need to make a culture check.


Campaign Maps | CALICO WANDERER (tier 2)

Thuldas

Thuldas fails to repair the junkracer's armor.

Thuldas wrote:
...he takes a quick peek at Nyizin's racer with Iolas.

Thuldas: Iolas has already succeeded at his appraise check. A mysticism roll might reveal how Nyizin achieved the results she did, but won't give you any more information about the performance of her racer. So if you want you can do something else with your "break."

Also: Remember you are one action behind everyone else, so to catch up you can take one more.


Campaign Maps | CALICO WANDERER (tier 2)

Wint

Wint finds lots of components that would help improve the junkracer's speed. Unfortunately none of them work.

He goes up to Orsis. Orsis looks at him and frowns.

"Does your species have a real short memory? You already asked me that. No, I'm not interested in an alliance."

You already approached Orsis but with that roll you wouldn't impress anyone else either.


Campaign Maps | CALICO WANDERER (tier 2)

Iolas

Though Iolas isn't able to fix the Pneumatic Bolt Thrower in the time allowed, he does get a good inkling of what Velocity's racer is capable of.

1d2 ⇒ 1

Velocity's racer has a strange, spherical shape. This allows for extra deflectors and armor, but her racer is slow - about as slow as Laboni's was before you started working on it. It also has two kinetic weapons.


Campaign Maps | CALICO WANDERER (tier 2)

Stell

After running a number of simulations, Stell is able to reconfigure the deflectors to improve their output!

She looks over the recordings of previous races, but there are dozens of hours of footage to look over. She realizes her break is not long enough for her to get an accurate picture of what the racers' techniques are.

Not a bad improv, but what you want to do is basically the analyze action which takes your full action (no breaks even).

So if you want to try something else (maybe try to size up Velocity again) then go ahead.


Campaign Maps | CALICO WANDERER (tier 2)

The RNG hasn't been kind to you guys so far. Hopefully things will turn around!

Progress

Action 1:
Dawn: Scavenged (fail) & Socialized with Velocity (fail)
Iolas: Repaired (fail) & Appraised Ratrod (success)
Stell: Sizing up (succeeded with all except Velocity)
Thuldas: Optimize (fail) & Appraised Orsis (success)
Wint: Analyzed Ratrod (success).

Action 2:
Dawn: Scavenge (fail) & Socialize with Lemgem (success) - ongoing.
Iolas: Repaired Engine (success) & Apprraised Nyizin (success)
Stell: Scavenge (fail) & Schmooze with camera crew (success)
Thuldas: Repair (fail) & ?
Wint: Scavenge Steering (success) & Socialized with Orsis (success)

Action 3:
Dawn: Scavenge (fail) & Socialize with Nyizin (fail)
Iolas: Repair (fail) & Appraise Velocity (success)
Stell: Integrate Deflectors (success) & ?
Thuldas:
Wint: Scavenge (fail) & Socialize (fail)

Action 4:
Dawn:
Iolas:
Stell:
Thuldas:
Wint:

Current Boons:
* Wint has +2 to hit Ratrod or if piloting, Ratrod has -2 to hit Wint.
* Lemgem has offered an alliance and will settle for second place (do you guys accept?)
* Orsis' tips grant +2 insight to whoever is piloting.
* Watching the incoming feeds allows a character to use an aid another action.
* Nyizin may have illegal mods on her racer.

LABONI'S RACER

Speed 45 ft., full 450 ft. (Improved by 5/50 ft.)
EAC 12 (Improved by 2)
KAC 12
Attack: energy weapon (a hit gives target –4 to Piloting)
Steering: +3 Piloting (Improved by +1)
Targeting: –3 attack

What next? This is the last action for everyone but Thuldas (who has two left).


Female Android Mystic (Priest) 1 | SP 6/6, HP 10/10, RP 4/4 | EAC 15, KAC 16, AC vs CM 24 | F +0, R +2, W +5 | Init +2; Perc +7 (darkvision 60 ft., low-light vision), Sense Motive +5 | Computers +5, Diplomacy +6, Intimidate +4, Medicine +5, Mysticism +8 | Azimuth Laser Pistol +2 (1d4), Survival Knife +2 (1d4) | Spells/Day: 2/3

Rising Dawn tries one last time to find anything of use inside the scrap heap. Maybe a kinetic weapon? Probably just trash, though.

Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 15

The android decides to take out her frustrations on Ratrod. She seeks out the ysoki and tries to engage in some trash-talk. "I just wanted to tell you that our racer is far superior to your own. You will be eating our dust. Although, I do not know if the track really is dusty or not. I am not certain if that is the appropriate colloquialism to use in this situation."

She doesn't seem to be very good at trash-talk.

Intimidate: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6


Human Icon Envoy 1 | SP 0/6 HP : 9/10 : RP 4/4 | EAC 13 : KAC 14 | Fort +0 : Ref +4 : Will +2 | Init +2, Perception +4, Move 30' | Acrobatics +6, Bluff +7 (+1d6), Computers +5, Culture +6, Diplomacy +7, Intimidate +7, Perception +4, Piloting +6, Profession (musician) +7, Sense Motive +4 (+1d6) | Survival knife +2 (1d4 S) : Semi-auto pistol +3 (1d6 P) : Needler Pistol +3 (1d4 P) : Unarmed +0 (1d3 B)

Stell is fine with any alliances others can arrange.

Stell hangs around where she can observe Velocity to get some clues about here temperament or tactics.

Sense Motive, skill expertise: 1d20 + 4 + 1d6 ⇒ (2) + 4 + (6) = 12

The RNG still has it out for us, apparently.

When everyone is around the Laboni pit box, Stell will say, "If anyone has any suggestions about what parts of the racer we want to improve the most, share it with us all. I'm not very experienced with racers so I'll work on whatever others think will help. I'm better with people, so if anyone wants some information or maybe has an idea about alliances, I'll take those suggestions as well."

My schedule is a little odd today due to snow and winter weather delays coupled with the end of our school term today and tomorrow. I still should get my posts in regularly, I hope. Things should return to normal soon.

I'll have my 4th round actions later this morning or afternoon.

Void GM wrote:
Not a bad improv, but what you want to do is basically the analyze action which takes your full action (no breaks even).

What kind of roll would that be? I don't see it on the list of options/actions.


Dwarf Priest Technomancer 1 (ENGR) | SP 6/6 : HP 11/11 : RP 4/4 | EAC 13 : KAC 16 (+4 vs. bull rush, trip) | F +1 : R +1 : W +3 (+2 vs. poison, spells, SLAs) | Init +0 : Perc +2 (darkvision 60 ft.) : Speed 20'
Stats & Skills:
Str 14 : Dex 10 : Con 12 : Int 16 : Wis 13 : Cha 8 | Computers +7, Culture +4, Engineering +7, Life Science +7, Mysticism +6, Physical Science +7
Attacks & Spells:
Assault hammer +2 (1d6+2 B) : Returning tactical starknife +2 (1d4+2 P) | Spell slots - 1st 3/3 : Cache 1/1
Void GM wrote:
So if you want you can do something else with your "break."

In that case, Thuldas will appraise Lemgem's racer with his second break, since it looks like the only un-appraised racer and there's not much else I can reasonably take a stab at on my breaks.

Engineering check: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (16) + 7 = 23

Void GM wrote:
Also: Remember you are one action behind everyone else, so to catch up you can take one more.

I'm aware. I'm trying to catch up, but my future actions are dependent on the outcomes of my past actions.

Frustrated at his inability to make a meaningful impact on Laboni's racer, Thuldas comes back with a fresh head and tries to adjust the energy deflectors again, taking a different approach in how he tunes the overlapping fields in an attempt to find the right resonances.

Thuldas will use his third action to attempt to optimize the deflectors (again).

Physical Science check: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (15) + 7 = 22

Satisfied that he's found a better solution this time around, Thuldas is emboldened enough to go chat with another racer. Seeing that Radrod is currently off on his own, Thuldas approaches the ysoki.

"Er, 'scuse me, Ratrod? Hate t' bother ya, but could I get yer autograph? M' ma's a big fan of th' show, an' she would kill me if I was this close an' didn't ask."

With his third break, Thuldas will attempt to socialize with Ratrod.

Diplomacy check: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (4) - 1 = 3


Campaign Maps | CALICO WANDERER (tier 2)
Stell Zee-Linn wrote:
Void GM wrote:
Not a bad improv, but what you want to do is basically the analyze action which takes your full action (no breaks even).
What kind of roll would that be? I don't see it on the list of options/actions.

Under Other Actions it is listed as "Analyze." It is a Piloting roll. Wint already did this once with footage of Ratrod.


Skittermander Operative (Ghost) 1 | SP 4/7, HP 7/7, RP 5/5 EAC 16. KAC 17 | Fort +1, Ref +6, Wis + 2 | Per +5 (low light), Sense Motive +1
Skills:
Acrobatics: +11, Athletics: +5, Bluff +7, Culture +4, Diplomacy +7. Perception +5, Piloting +10, Housekeeper +9, Stealth +11
Attacks:
Trick attack : 1d4 | Tactical Baton +4, 1d4 | Laser Pistol +4, 1d4F | semi-auto Pistol +4, 1d6P

Wint will ask for instructions on what CAN be used to speed up the racer and then go look for such things

perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8

Not able to find anything even vaguely resembling the items he was looking for he instead returns with a length of carpet that he makes into a ribbon

"At least now our racer is the prettiest one in the race!"

He'll go and try and talk with velocity

"Hello there. I'm Wint, with Labonis team. Your racer seems really good at shooting at other racers. Any deal that I can make so that you don't shoot at us?"

diplomacy: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13


Human Icon Envoy 1 | SP 0/6 HP : 9/10 : RP 4/4 | EAC 13 : KAC 14 | Fort +0 : Ref +4 : Will +2 | Init +2, Perception +4, Move 30' | Acrobatics +6, Bluff +7 (+1d6), Computers +5, Culture +6, Diplomacy +7, Intimidate +7, Perception +4, Piloting +6, Profession (musician) +7, Sense Motive +4 (+1d6) | Survival knife +2 (1d4 S) : Semi-auto pistol +3 (1d6 P) : Needler Pistol +3 (1d4 P) : Unarmed +0 (1d3 B)

Stell will do another search for something that could provide a kinetic attack.

Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11

She'll take a break and talk to Ratrod when he's not near anyone else.

"Hey Ratrod, sir. I talked to you earlier. I'm a reporter for another media outlet. I'm really interested in getting a position in your media team. I've got an offer. I've gotten permission to watch the race from Laboni's pit crew. My boss thought it would be good to get a first hand account if the upstart was able to bring down the mighty Ratrod. I've seen their racer and they've made some improvements and I think she's got a legitimate chance at beating you.

"If you will give me a direct link to your racer's onboard computer, I'll jack my comm unit into their system and program it to send you information on their position and their settings for their weapons, shields, and engines. It would give you an edge you might need. Even if you don't need the help to beat her, this could allow you to make her look really foolish. In return, you give me a place on your media team. What'd ya say?"

Bluff: 1d20 + 7 + 1d6 ⇒ (19) + 7 + (3) = 29

If he agrees, I'm hoping we can either feed him false information, kind of like a feint to improve our chances of hitting him with a weapon or out-piloting him. Or else maybe allow someone to make a computer roll to sabotage his ship using the line in to get past his defenses.


Male Nuar Mechanic 1 | HP 6/6 SP 10/10 RP 2/2 | EAC 14 KAC 15 | F +2 R +5 W +0 | Perc +4 Darkvision | Init +3

Iolas will try for a final time to improve the racer's speed.
Engineering: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (5) + 9 = 14

During the break, he takes a look at Velocity's racer.
Engineering: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (16) + 9 = 25


Campaign Maps | CALICO WANDERER (tier 2)

Dawn

After looking around for half an hour or so, Dawn finds a powerful air compressor and a long pipe with a valve. When she shows it to Laboni, Laboni concludes that she can adapt the devices into a weapon that propels heavy objects with a blast of air, and begins installing it.

(success)

While Laboni does that, she visits Ratrod, but Ratrod looks at her, unimpressed.

"Yeah, your friend said it better, but I'm still going to turn her into mulch," says Ratrod.

(fail, but good guess.)


Campaign Maps | CALICO WANDERER (tier 2)

Stell (your stuff is split between two posts but I'll throw it all together here)

Secondary action 3:

Stell stops by Velocity's pit again, but as before she finds the android impossible to read.

Action 4:

Stell has no luck finding any useful componets, but she finds Ratrod surprisingly receptive.

"On-board computer? What do you think this is, a limousine? Everything's manual on this baby. Computerizing it would ruin the charm! Nobody would know if it was really you driving the damn thing," says Ratrod.

"Still, I suppose those kind of tips could be useful; we could rig something up and mount it on the fairing here. If it works, I'll make sure you get your shot here on Scrap Battle. Sound good?"

(Success... one of you will be able to make a computers check each round to mess up one of Ratrod's rolls, either piloting or shooting. You could make two computer rolls at -4 like a full attack. If you fail, Ratrod will get to roll against you and if he beats you, he will no longer be fooled and won't refer to your data after that round.)


Campaign Maps | CALICO WANDERER (tier 2)

Thuldas

Secondary action 2:

Thuldas visits Lemgem's pit and has a look at her racer. Lemgem is happy to receive Thuldas and chats with him about her vehicle. (Success)

Lemgem's racer has two weapons, one energy weapon and one kinetic weapon, which looks particularly powerful. It also has an injector assembly that can give her a boost in speed, but is unreliable and only works half the time.

Since she is allied with you and you know Ratrod gets a boost in speed from an energy hit, I will assume that while you are there you tell her not to shoot her energy weapon at Ratrod.

Action 3:

Thuldas is able to enhance the deflectors and believes they will be significantly more effective now. (Success)

He goes over to Ratrod's pit and asks for the Ysoki's autograph. Ratrod looks Thuldas up and down for a moment.

"Sure," says Ratrod. He signs and autoprint and goes back to what he is doing. (Fail, but you did get his autograph, which might be worth something.)


Campaign Maps | CALICO WANDERER (tier 2)

Wint

Wint has no luck finding what he is looking for. Frustrated, he seeks out Velocity.

The android looks Wint over. "Is Laboni as good a mechanic as she says she is?" Velocity asks. "I am a good driver, and a good gunner, but a mechanic, I am not. If she could help me improve my junkracer's speed, I could see my way clear to working with her. I would be content with second place."

(in short, if you upgrade her racer's speed she will work with you and settle for second. Except, you already have the same offer from Lemgem, more or less.)


Campaign Maps | CALICO WANDERER (tier 2)

Iolas

With Laboni's help, Iolas is able to
The android looks Wint over. "Is Laboni as good a mechanic as she says she is?" Velocity asks. "I am a good driver, and a good gunner, but a mechanic, I am not. If she could help me improve my junkracer's speed, I could see my way clear to working with her. I would be content with second place."

(in short, if you upgrade her racer's speed she will work with you and settle for second. Except, you already have the same offer from Lemgem, more or less.)

Iolas considers what to do with his break time.

You have already successfully appraised Velocity's racer. So I'll let you pick something else for your secondary action.


Campaign Maps | CALICO WANDERER (tier 2)

Progress

Action 1:
Dawn: Scavenged (fail) & Socialized with Velocity (fail)
Iolas: Repaired (fail) & Appraised Ratrod (success)
Stell: Sizing up (succeeded with all except Velocity)
Thuldas: Optimize (fail) & Appraised Orsis (success)
Wint: Analyzed Ratrod (success).

Action 2:
Dawn: Scavenge (fail) & Socialize with Lemgem (success) - ongoing.
Iolas: Repaired Engine (success) & Apprraised Nyizin (success)
Stell: Scavenge (fail) & Schmooze with camera crew (success)
Thuldas: Repair (fail) & Appraised Lemgem (success)
Wint: Scavenge Steering (success) & Socialized with Orsis (success)

Action 3:
Dawn: Scavenge (fail) & Socialize with Nyizin (fail)
Iolas: Repair (fail) & Appraise Velocity (success)
Stell: Integrate Deflectors (success) & Size up Velocity (fail)
Thuldas: Optimize Deflectors (success) & Socialize with Ratrod (fail)
Wint: Scavenge (fail) & Socialize (fail)

Action 4:
Dawn: Scavenge a Kinetic Weapon (success), Socialize Ratrod (fail)
Iolas: Repair Engine (success) & ?
Stell: Scavenge (fail) & Con Ratrod (success)
Thuldas:
Wint: Scavenge (fail) & Socialize Velocity (success)

Current Boons:
* Wint has +2 to hit Ratrod or if piloting, Ratrod has -2 to hit Wint.
* Lemgem has offered an alliance and will settle for second place
* Orsis' tips grant +2 insight to whoever is piloting.
* Watching the incoming feeds allows a character to use an aid another action.
* Nyizin may have illegal mods on her racer.
* Stell has given Ratrod a hookup to which you can send false information during the race.
* Velocity has offered to collaborate with Laboni and take second place if the group improves her speed.

LABONI'S RACER

Speed 50 ft., full 500 ft. (Improved by 10/100 ft.)
EAC 14 (Improved by 4)
KAC 12
Attack: energy weapon (a hit gives target –4 to Piloting)
Attack: kinetic weapon (a hit gives target –4 to Piloting) (added)
Steering: +3 Piloting (Improved by +1)
Targeting: –3 attack

Only Thuldas has a full action left, though Iolas has one secondary action left over.


Campaign Maps | CALICO WANDERER (tier 2)

Here are the secondary options that are left:

Velocity has not been Sized Up (Sense Motive)
Nyizin is not interested in talking to anyone unless they are more familiar with Ryphorian customs (Culture)
Ratrod is sensitive to slights on his abilities (Intimidate)


Campaign Maps | CALICO WANDERER (tier 2)

Also: Potentially someone could report Nyizin's illegal components to the officials to try and get him thrown out of the race.

301 to 350 of 871 << first < prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Into the Void All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.