Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

Into the Obscure (A Dark Extraplanar Adventure)

Game Master Halflingtime

The terrible plane of Abaddon lies in wait...


3,451 to 3,490 of 3,490 << first < prev | 60 | 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | next > last >>

Stats:
Arcane Duelist 8 | Init +6 | Perc +12 | AC:24/ T:17/ FF:17 | HP 58/58 | CMB +4 / CMD: 19 | Saves F +7/R +13/W +8 (+2 Fear)

Haka grins in relief at Talon's gracious answer, letting out a breath he didn't even know he was holding and saying, "Me too, Talon, me too."


has awesome hair
Stats:
Init +6 Per +9 | AC 17/T 17/ FF 15 | HP 58/58 | F +8/R + 5/ W +7

"Welcome back, Haka. You nearly bested our strongest fighters," says the sorcerer. "Now, let's go kill a worm."


Female Changeling Cleric of Desna 8
Stats:
HP 45/45; 7/9 channels; 6/9 bit of luck; Init +0; Perception +9; AC 18/11/18; F+8, R+4, W+14; CMB +4, CMD: 15

"Rest assured that we never doubted you, Haka. There are strong and terrible magics in this place that have overtaken our minds on more than one occasion before. I'm only sorry you were so slippery that Talon and Drovya had to throttle you to keep you in one place. Fortunately, I can help with that."

Rohini will proceed to heal Haka from the wand:

Wand of CLW: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6
Wand of CLW: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9
Wand of CLW: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5
Wand of CLW: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9
Wand of CLW: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6
Wand of CLW: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2
Wand of CLW: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4
Wand of CLW: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6
Wand of CLW: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4
Wand of CLW: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6
Wand of CLW: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2
Wand of CLW: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8

Whew. That's 67 total healing. I'll need to get another wand. 13 charges left.


Stats:
Arcane Duelist 8 | Init +6 | Perc +12 | AC:24/ T:17/ FF:17 | HP 58/58 | CMB +4 / CMD: 19 | Saves F +7/R +13/W +8 (+2 Fear)

"Thank you, Ro, for your kind words and your healing," responds Haka. With a glance at Talon and Drovya, he adds, "Good to know I've been throttled by the best in the business."

I think you can forget the last tap with the wand, without it I would have been at 2 nonlethal damage left, so would not have needed another. Let's say Haka stopped you at that point and keep your charge count at 14.


has awesome hair
Stats:
Init +6 Per +9 | AC 17/T 17/ FF 15 | HP 58/58 | F +8/R + 5/ W +7

"I can only cast Gaseous Form four more times. If four of us go in, we will have to dig our way out," says Kanthuun. "Unless anyone has a better idea as to how we reach this worm."


Stats:
Init: +0 Perception: +0 HP: 76/76 AC: 24/15/24 Fort:+10 Ref: +7 Will:+7(+1 versus Fear)(None)
Taldan Lore Warden 8 Wealth Sheet

"Heh. Damn right."


Spoiler:
Init +4; Perception +10 (+12); hp: 72 (72); AC 20/12/19; F+9, R+4, W+7; CMB +10, CMD: 22; Arcane Pool 4/8; Conditions: Drovya is wearing Talon's cloak, +1 to all saves.
Male Half Elf Bladebound Magus 8

I'm really more of a basher than a throttler, but it's nice to be appreciated. Drovya thinks for a minute, sword blades swinging faster and faster until suddenly they stop. Kanthya, that pit spell of yours, could you use it to open a passage to and from the worm? That might be a better way to travel, and keep us together too. If not, he shrugs I still say we dig. I don't want to fight that thing on it's own ground without a way to move strategically, and I don't like the thought of leaving anyone behind either.


Female :D Check out my fetching opercles!

Do you have supports?


has awesome hair
Stats:
Init +6 Per +9 | AC 17/T 17/ FF 15 | HP 58/58 | F +8/R + 5/ W +7

"The worm is out of range of my spell, and I'd have to alter it again. Perhaps thirty feet in, and the deepest pit I can make with a scroll is ten feet. We will need another way in."

Kanthuun considers dropping acid protoplasm on the bones, then realizes this would be disrespectful. He rubs his chin and turns to the changeling cleric.

"Rohini. I know little of communing with spirits and the dead, but I wonder if there would be a way to reason with the former owners of these bones and convince them to move aside."

Via Rule of Cool/Hero Point. ;)


Spoiler:
Init +4; Perception +10 (+12); hp: 72 (72); AC 20/12/19; F+9, R+4, W+7; CMB +10, CMD: 22; Arcane Pool 4/8; Conditions: Drovya is wearing Talon's cloak, +1 to all saves.
Male Half Elf Bladebound Magus 8

Or we could try to use the bones as supports, good thing my headband has knowledge (engineering) as a bonus skill.


Female Changeling Cleric of Desna 8
Stats:
HP 45/45; 7/9 channels; 6/9 bit of luck; Init +0; Perception +9; AC 18/11/18; F+8, R+4, W+14; CMB +4, CMD: 15

Knowledge religion: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11
"It's a strange, but admittedly clever, idea you have, Kanthuun. My Lady concerns herself little with the dead, and I'm not sure how we'd accomplish that feat. I feel as if there is something obvious we're missing... Could something be accomplished by sending my magical rope down to where the creature rests? I don't suppose there is any way of luring it out."


Female Changeling Cleric of Desna 8
Stats:
HP 45/45; 7/9 channels; 6/9 bit of luck; Init +0; Perception +9; AC 18/11/18; F+8, R+4, W+14; CMB +4, CMD: 15

"If there really is space for us down there and there really is no other way, one option to get three of us down there is for me to cast dimension door, bringing two others with me. I can then re-cast to get the three of us back out using one of my pearls. That is, unless we decide to rest safe down there in the hole. Kanthuun, do you have enough castings of gaseous form to take care of yourself and one other? Or is Hanethes still around too?"


Stats:
Init: +0 Perception: +0 HP: 76/76 AC: 24/15/24 Fort:+10 Ref: +7 Will:+7(+1 versus Fear)(None)
Taldan Lore Warden 8 Wealth Sheet

"Sounds like the best plan we have."


Female :D Check out my fetching opercles!

Hanethes is still around. So, tell me which way you want to go. The manual route will take a while and require knowledge engineering.


Female Changeling Cleric of Desna 8
Stats:
HP 45/45; 7/9 channels; 6/9 bit of luck; Init +0; Perception +9; AC 18/11/18; F+8, R+4, W+14; CMB +4, CMD: 15

Ok. So that means Kanthuun would need to be able to gaseous form himself and 2 others, in and out, unless someone stayed behind. Maybe let's see Drovya's engineering check and then make a final decision from there.


Spoiler:
Init +4; Perception +10 (+12); hp: 72 (72); AC 20/12/19; F+9, R+4, W+7; CMB +10, CMD: 22; Arcane Pool 4/8; Conditions: Drovya is wearing Talon's cloak, +1 to all saves.
Male Half Elf Bladebound Magus 8

Drovya examines the bones and tries to puzzle out whether a tunnel to the ampoule is at all feasible.

kn(engineering): 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (5) + 12 = 17


Female :D Check out my fetching opercles!

It would be flimsy, but Drovya thinks he can manage it. It will take a good half of an hour with everyone working together, unless someone summons something with uncanny construction abilities.


Spoiler:
Init +4; Perception +10 (+12); hp: 72 (72); AC 20/12/19; F+9, R+4, W+7; CMB +10, CMD: 22; Arcane Pool 4/8; Conditions: Drovya is wearing Talon's cloak, +1 to all saves.
Male Half Elf Bladebound Magus 8

Magic sounds the best plan to me as well. Any construction we made would be easy to destroy, and serve no purpose that I could see. Shall we prepare ourselves for this monstrous worm?

Buffs? Preferably something against mind control.


Stats:
Arcane Duelist 8 | Init +6 | Perc +12 | AC:24/ T:17/ FF:17 | HP 58/58 | CMB +4 / CMD: 19 | Saves F +7/R +13/W +8 (+2 Fear)

Haka can Inspire your Courage for +2, and then cast saving finale if needed. And a Bit o' Luck from Ro would be a good idea.

Sorry to be posting so little, I'm on a long work trip far away and schedule's a bit hinky.


has awesome hair
Stats:
Init +6 Per +9 | AC 17/T 17/ FF 15 | HP 58/58 | F +8/R + 5/ W +7

"It occurs to me that I can take three others in...and then we just have to dig our way out. I also think I can make us all invisible; that way, when we rematerialize, we won't be seen."

Kanthuun ponders this, then nods. Unless you disagree, Trout.

"Who stays on the surface?"


Spoiler:
Init +4; Perception +10 (+12); hp: 72 (72); AC 20/12/19; F+9, R+4, W+7; CMB +10, CMD: 22; Arcane Pool 4/8; Conditions: Drovya is wearing Talon's cloak, +1 to all saves.
Male Half Elf Bladebound Magus 8

I'd rather none of us, but if you mean who goes first, well, we'll probably want to soften up that giant worm from as far away as we can, so perhaps Haka and Hanethes with myself or Talon to run interference? Drovya thinks a moment. How big would you say this cavern is? Will we have room to maneuver, or will it be cramped confines?


Stats:
Init: +0 Perception: +0 HP: 76/76 AC: 24/15/24 Fort:+10 Ref: +7 Will:+7(+1 versus Fear)(None)
Taldan Lore Warden 8 Wealth Sheet

"I can do that."


has awesome hair
Stats:
Init +6 Per +9 | AC 17/T 17/ FF 15 | HP 58/58 | F +8/R + 5/ W +7

"It's cramped. I just don't have the spells to get all of us to it. We can try digging, though."


Stats:
Arcane Duelist 8 | Init +6 | Perc +12 | AC:24/ T:17/ FF:17 | HP 58/58 | CMB +4 / CMD: 19 | Saves F +7/R +13/W +8 (+2 Fear)

"That approach sounds fine to me," says Haka, patting his sling with a grim smile, "I'd love to rain destruction down on the thing that took over my mind, if we can figure out how to get to it."


Spoiler:
Init +4; Perception +10 (+12); hp: 72 (72); AC 20/12/19; F+9, R+4, W+7; CMB +10, CMD: 22; Arcane Pool 4/8; Conditions: Drovya is wearing Talon's cloak, +1 to all saves.
Male Half Elf Bladebound Magus 8

Drovya sheathes Black Ivan and begins to move aside the bones of his elven forebears, doing his best to balance the need for haste with the need for reverence for the dead. Pharasma guide them. he murmurs. Grant them peace in the life beyond.


Stats:
Init: +0 Perception: +0 HP: 76/76 AC: 24/15/24 Fort:+10 Ref: +7 Will:+7(+1 versus Fear)(None)
Taldan Lore Warden 8 Wealth Sheet

Talon will help with the digging, opting for speed over grace.


has awesome hair
Stats:
Init +6 Per +9 | AC 17/T 17/ FF 15 | HP 58/58 | F +8/R + 5/ W +7

Kanthuun considers. "I can make you two as large as a small giant, and thus, stronger," he offers.


Female :D Check out my fetching opercles!

The digging was almost complete when there was a shaking in the bones. Yet again, an arm grabbed out of the masses, but it didn't attack anyone so much as use its attached hand to beckon as if moved by the wind.

The chamber, once digged and propped, looked much as Kanthuun said it would. It was spacious enough to fit the party, but only just, and the massive worm in the middle, below the sphere and the corpse, took up quite a bit of space.

It did not react, at first.
I need init and to know if Hanethes is still here. I've tried a lot of mapping software, but I always have a hard time getting those tokens moving correctly. Oh, well, I think I should try Ditzie next. I have to learn how to use that for teaching reasons, anyway.


Stats:
Init: +0 Perception: +0 HP: 76/76 AC: 24/15/24 Fort:+10 Ref: +7 Will:+7(+1 versus Fear)(None)
Taldan Lore Warden 8 Wealth Sheet

I suggest using a Googledoc spreadsheet. No messing with tokens.

Init: 1d20 ⇒ 14


Spoiler:
Init +4; Perception +10 (+12); hp: 72 (72); AC 20/12/19; F+9, R+4, W+7; CMB +10, CMD: 22; Arcane Pool 4/8; Conditions: Drovya is wearing Talon's cloak, +1 to all saves.
Male Half Elf Bladebound Magus 8

init: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 = 23

Yeah, Googledocs seems pretty easy to use, moreso if you have a map image ready to go. And welcome back.


Stats:
Arcane Duelist 8 | Init +6 | Perc +12 | AC:24/ T:17/ FF:17 | HP 58/58 | CMB +4 / CMD: 19 | Saves F +7/R +13/W +8 (+2 Fear)

Initiative: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10

I'd agree with the idea of using Google Docs, either a spreadsheet (quick and dirty but less...evocative) or a drawing (takes a little more doing, but you can pinch other people's images to use as a base layer).


has awesome hair
Stats:
Init +6 Per +9 | AC 17/T 17/ FF 15 | HP 58/58 | F +8/R + 5/ W +7

Init: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10

The sorcerer frowns at seeing the creature and child-corpse again.


Female Changeling Cleric of Desna 8
Stats:
HP 45/45; 7/9 channels; 6/9 bit of luck; Init +0; Perception +9; AC 18/11/18; F+8, R+4, W+14; CMB +4, CMD: 15

Rohini is disturbed by the vision before her, but maintains her composure.

Perception: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (16) + 0 = 16


Female :D Check out my fetching opercles!

Gm screen:

1d20 - 2 ⇒ (14) - 2 = 121d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 181d20 ⇒ 10

Init order: Drovya, Hanethes, Rohini, Talon, The WOOORM, Haka, Kanthuun, Creepy kid. Go for it, guys.
Hanethes had entered the chamber with his firearm loaded.

ROUND 1


Female :D Check out my fetching opercles!

Rohini:

Give me a knowledge religion check, will you?


has awesome hair
Stats:
Init +6 Per +9 | AC 17/T 17/ FF 15 | HP 58/58 | F +8/R + 5/ W +7

Kanthuun will Glitterdust the worm right in the facehole.


Spoiler:
Init +4; Perception +10 (+12); hp: 72 (72); AC 20/12/19; F+9, R+4, W+7; CMB +10, CMD: 22; Arcane Pool 4/8; Conditions: Drovya is wearing Talon's cloak, +1 to all saves.
Male Half Elf Bladebound Magus 8

Drovya casts mirror image and 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3 other Drovyas pop into existence around him. He sends a surge of his own arcane energy into Black Ivan as he draws the blade and moves between the Worm and Rohini.

Cast mirror image, move and draw, arcane pool, Black Ivan is +3 keen for 1 minute. Arcane pool 3/8.


Stats:
Init: +0 Perception: +0 HP: 76/76 AC: 24/15/24 Fort:+10 Ref: +7 Will:+7(+1 versus Fear)(None)
Taldan Lore Warden 8 Wealth Sheet

Talon moves up and readies to swing at whatever bad guy stepped close enough.

Readied:

PA, CE: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (12) + 15 = 27

2d4 + 23 ⇒ (2, 1) + 23 = 26


Female Changeling Cleric of Desna 8
Stats:
HP 45/45; 7/9 channels; 6/9 bit of luck; Init +0; Perception +9; AC 18/11/18; F+8, R+4, W+14; CMB +4, CMD: 15

Knowledge (Religion): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 18

Rohini uses one of the level 4 pearls of power to re-cast blessing of fervor. Staying to the rear of Droyva, she moves as far away from the worm as possible.


Spoiler:
Init +4; Perception +10 (+12); hp: 72 (72); AC 20/12/19; F+9, R+4, W+7; CMB +10, CMD: 22; Arcane Pool 4/8; Conditions: Drovya is wearing Talon's cloak, +1 to all saves.
Male Half Elf Bladebound Magus 8

Oh yeah, and Monster Lore on the Worm and the Kid since I'm just seeing them now.

kn(arcana): 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (11) + 15 = 26
kn(planes): 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (19) + 15 = 34

3,451 to 3,490 of 3,490 << first < prev | 60 | 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / TEE's Into the Obscure (A Dark Extraplanar Adventure) Gameplay Thread All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.