Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

Into the Obscure (A Dark Extraplanar Adventure)

Game Master Halflingtime

The terrible plane of Abaddon lies in wait...


1,101 to 1,150 of 3,502 << first < prev | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | next > last >>

Male Half Elf Rogue 8 (HP 51/51; AC 23/15/18; F+6, R+14, W+5 (+2 trap, enchant, fear), Init +5, Per +13 (+4 trap))

I am slightly confused. Do I get to throw the flask in this turn or not? I had to change my mind on my action mid-throw, so to speak, due to new information.


Female :D Check out my fetching opercles!

Yes. You can throw on your turn. Forgive me. School has me running all over the place doing all sorts of things. It will wind down after the first two weeks of December, but...


Male Half Elf Rogue 8 (HP 51/51; AC 23/15/18; F+6, R+14, W+5 (+2 trap, enchant, fear), Init +5, Per +13 (+4 trap))

It's okay. Everything's good.

Whenever he next has the opportunity, Hanethes throws the flask in the pit.

Ranged touch
1d20 + 8 ⇒ (18) + 8 = 26


Female :D Check out my fetching opercles!

With the infliction of oil, the monstrous head shone with what light was offered.
The flasks hitting the creature seemed to hurt it marginally.

Arasmes tries, yet again, to cast healing magic on Talon.
Caster Level check- 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24 Damn! So close!

The wounds simply refused to mend, bleeding copiously.

If Talon wishes to do something retroactively, he can, otherwise, new round with him delaying. The thing is coated in oil, so-
Hanethes, Drovya (already declared the throwing of more oil), Kanthuun, Monster, Petrova, Rohini, Talon, Arasmes.


Stats:
Init: +0 Perception: +0 HP: 44/76 AC: 24/15/24 Fort:+10 Ref: +7 Will:+7(+1 versus Fear)(None)
Taldan Lore Warden 8 Wealth Sheet

Talon will fire aother round of arrows at the thing.

1d20 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9

1d8 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9

1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 17

1d8 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11

But he misses with both.

Yea, a DC 25 caster level check is a little hard to make with a level 6 party.


Spoiler:
Init +4; Perception +10 (+12); hp: 72 (72); AC 20/12/19; F+9, R+4, W+7; CMB +10, CMD: 22; Arcane Pool 4/8; Conditions: Drovya is wearing Talon's cloak, +1 to all saves.
Male Half Elf Bladebound Magus 8

I don't think it's possible RaW, but maybe we could aid another on the caster level checks? Aside from that I think we need to use guidance and maybe Rohini's domain ability to roll twice (I forget what it's called.) That's all I've got as far as the caster level checks go.


Female :D Check out my fetching opercles!

I would consider that two people casting a spell at the same time could allow for aiding one another.


Stats:
Init: +0 Perception: +0 HP: 44/76 AC: 24/15/24 Fort:+10 Ref: +7 Will:+7(+1 versus Fear)(None)
Taldan Lore Warden 8 Wealth Sheet

Well the problem is that we don't have that many that can do that, and even then, that means less people fighting the guardian. We're better off either running away or trying to blitz this thing down before it kills us. Because even with double rolls and an aid or two, someone still has to roll really high. It's not feasible especially since even if you heal me, when I walk back in to melee, he'll just two shot me again.


Spoiler:
Init +4; Perception +10 (+12); hp: 72 (72); AC 20/12/19; F+9, R+4, W+7; CMB +10, CMD: 22; Arcane Pool 4/8; Conditions: Drovya is wearing Talon's cloak, +1 to all saves.
Male Half Elf Bladebound Magus 8

How about this, could Arasmes have activated his piercing judgment when he tried to heal Talon? It gives a +3 bonus to caster level checks to pierce spell resistance, so maybe this is sort of analogous. Inquisitors can switch judgments as a swift action, so mechanically it should be ok. I do agree though Talon we need to burn this thing down or get out of dodge, and since we don't really have a viable escape route, I say we kill it. Then we can lick our wounds and hopefully no one will have to roll up a new character.


Female :D Check out my fetching opercles!

I'll allow it later (another judgement is currently active), I think. For now, toast this sucker.


has awesome hair
Stats:
Init +6 Per +9 | AC 17/T 17/ FF 15 | HP 58/58 | F +8/R + 5/ W +7

Lol, someone want to throw a burning flask in? There are a bunch of flasks and a web down there.


Male Half Elf Rogue 8 (HP 51/51; AC 23/15/18; F+6, R+14, W+5 (+2 trap, enchant, fear), Init +5, Per +13 (+4 trap))

Hanethes grabs another flask of oil, holding it out to be lit by someone with a magical or mundane capability. If none are available, he'll try to use the flintlock of his unloaded pistol to get a spark going.


Spoiler:
Init +4; Perception +10 (+12); hp: 72 (72); AC 20/12/19; F+9, R+4, W+7; CMB +10, CMD: 22; Arcane Pool 4/8; Conditions: Drovya is wearing Talon's cloak, +1 to all saves.
Male Half Elf Bladebound Magus 8

Drovya points at the ioun torch that spins around his head and bows so that Hanethes can grab it.

An ioun torch has continual flame cast on it.


Female :D Check out my fetching opercles!

Which is magical, heatless flame that will not set things on fire.
Hanethes manages to use his flint and steel to get a flame started in the flask.
Which the next person can throw if they take it. Then, FWOOSH!


Female Changeling Cleric of Desna 8
Stats:
HP 45/45; 7/9 channels; 6/9 bit of luck; Init +0; Perception +9; AC 18/11/18; F+8, R+4, W+14; CMB +4, CMD: 15

It seems like the others have the fire covered, so Rohini will spend her next round grabbing the third magical book (I think there were three) and anything else of interest (what are the other books? Anything else in here other than books?) She wants to be back in the other room before the pit disappears, so that obviously puts a constraint on how much searching she can do, but she'll search until she needs to head out. I assume Kanthuun can warn her in time for her to get back before the pit disappears...


Female :D Check out my fetching opercles!

Rohini's eyes fall upon a lever and what may have once been a drafting desk behind the central pillar as she grabs the last book and a phial in the shelving. There was nothing else of interest available for retrieval.


Female Changeling Cleric of Desna 8
Stats:
HP 45/45; 7/9 channels; 6/9 bit of luck; Init +0; Perception +9; AC 18/11/18; F+8, R+4, W+14; CMB +4, CMD: 15

When it is her turn, Rohini will take a quick look at and around the drafting desk and yell out, "Hey all, I found a lever. Unless one of you strongly objects right away, I'm going to pull it and hope for the best!"


Spoiler:
Init +4; Perception +10 (+12); hp: 72 (72); AC 20/12/19; F+9, R+4, W+7; CMB +10, CMD: 22; Arcane Pool 4/8; Conditions: Drovya is wearing Talon's cloak, +1 to all saves.
Male Half Elf Bladebound Magus 8

Ah, I object, ah, vehemently is the word I think, yes. I object vehemently. Let's handle the golem before we start pulling levers please.


Male Half Elf Rogue 8 (HP 51/51; AC 23/15/18; F+6, R+14, W+5 (+2 trap, enchant, fear), Init +5, Per +13 (+4 trap))

"I saw the lever too. I'd wait until the golem's taken care of. You might see if there's anything written by it." Hanethes calls out over his shoulder as he is careful to not let the burning oil fall on him.


Female Changeling Cleric of Desna 8
Stats:
HP 45/45; 7/9 channels; 6/9 bit of luck; Init +0; Perception +9; AC 18/11/18; F+8, R+4, W+14; CMB +4, CMD: 15

"The fire trap may not kill the golem. I'm not planning on being here when the pit blinks. This may be our last best chance. I'm thinking we'll get a secret room or passage, not another creature. Other views? Still leaning towards pulling the lever..."


Male Half Elf Rogue 8 (HP 51/51; AC 23/15/18; F+6, R+14, W+5 (+2 trap, enchant, fear), Init +5, Per +13 (+4 trap))

"It could also send an eight-foot spear through your skull." Hanethes retorts.

'Don't.... Follow.... The Lights!' (TM)


Spoiler:
Init +4; Perception +10 (+12); hp: 72 (72); AC 20/12/19; F+9, R+4, W+7; CMB +10, CMD: 22; Arcane Pool 4/8; Conditions: Drovya is wearing Talon's cloak, +1 to all saves.
Male Half Elf Bladebound Magus 8

I have one more trick up my sleeve for this golem. Please don't pull the lever!


AC/Touch/FF: 21/16/16; F/R/W: +6/+9/+4 Max HP 47; Current HP 47

Petrova will grab the flaming flask and toss it at the golem.

Touch attack: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9


Female Changeling Cleric of Desna 8
Stats:
HP 45/45; 7/9 channels; 6/9 bit of luck; Init +0; Perception +9; AC 18/11/18; F+8, R+4, W+14; CMB +4, CMD: 15

"Ok. I'll hold off for now, but if things get desperate I'm pulling the lever..." Rohini will continue searching in and around the drafting desk. She's sticking all the stuff she's grabbed into her handy haversack.


Female :D Check out my fetching opercles!

Though Petrova's throwing of the rogue-lit flask missed its primary target, the webbing was set alight, and the fire travelled across the construct, burning layer after layer of ancient dust and further cooking the monstrosity. Though the room had been freezing before, the temperature readily escalated with the blaze.

DM Stuff:

4d4 + 2d6 ⇒ (3, 1, 1, 1) + (3, 1) = 10

Ablaze and unable to leave the pit, the creature merely attacked the edges of its enclosure.

With reluctance, Arasmes backed away from Talon and moved towards the battlefield.
Initiative is a bit out of whack, but Kanthuun has yet to act (before the monster, technically) I believe we've had the pit for three rounds. We have three rounds left. The thing is on fire. What now?


has awesome hair
Stats:
Init +6 Per +9 | AC 17/T 17/ FF 15 | HP 58/58 | F +8/R + 5/ W +7

Kanthuun splays his fingers and utters arcane words. Web again; it should light on fire right away.


Female :D Check out my fetching opercles!

Understood. New round of initiative, though. That lengthens the potential duration of the flames at this point. :)


Spoiler:
Init +4; Perception +10 (+12); hp: 72 (72); AC 20/12/19; F+9, R+4, W+7; CMB +10, CMD: 22; Arcane Pool 4/8; Conditions: Drovya is wearing Talon's cloak, +1 to all saves.
Male Half Elf Bladebound Magus 8

Drovya looks around at the others, I say we let this damned thing burn and fall back out of this room. Hopefully it's not smart enough to try to put itself out.

He looks at Talon, Arasmes and Petrova. If it tries to give chase, we can put the rest of the blunt arrows into it and hopefully a few well placed sling stones while it tries to squeeze through that archway. If that doesn't finish it off, well... he pats the hilt of his dark weapon, Black Ivan and I have a few more tricks up our sleeve. And after we're done, perhaps we can find a way to pull that lever from outside the room.

He hands the scroll back to Kanthuun, I don't think I can use this. Pits are beyond me. Well, what do the rest of you think?


Stats:
Init: +0 Perception: +0 HP: 44/76 AC: 24/15/24 Fort:+10 Ref: +7 Will:+7(+1 versus Fear)(None)
Taldan Lore Warden 8 Wealth Sheet

Still clutching his side, Talon responds. "Sounds like a plan to me. Let's do it."


Female Changeling Cleric of Desna 8
Stats:
HP 45/45; 7/9 channels; 6/9 bit of luck; Init +0; Perception +9; AC 18/11/18; F+8, R+4, W+14; CMB +4, CMD: 15

Rohini will go along with the group consensus. She'll fall back once she's finished searching the desk.


Male Half Elf Rogue 8 (HP 51/51; AC 23/15/18; F+6, R+14, W+5 (+2 trap, enchant, fear), Init +5, Per +13 (+4 trap))

Hanethes nods, the webbing and the fire seemed to be having the effects they were intended to have.

"Alright, back we go then." He will withdraw at the next opportunity.


has awesome hair
Stats:
Init +6 Per +9 | AC 17/T 17/ FF 15 | HP 58/58 | F +8/R + 5/ W +7

Kanthuun takes the scroll. "An unseen servant could pull that lever, I reckon. I also reckon that if we pull that lever, and the other one at the bottom, this whole place detaches and falls into the Maelstrom as a disposal device."


Spoiler:
Init +4; Perception +10 (+12); hp: 72 (72); AC 20/12/19; F+9, R+4, W+7; CMB +10, CMD: 22; Arcane Pool 4/8; Conditions: Drovya is wearing Talon's cloak, +1 to all saves.
Male Half Elf Bladebound Magus 8

Might be an improvement, Drovya says with a smirk as he retreats towards the open archway.


Female :D Check out my fetching opercles!

Arasmes waited to back into the next room until every other member of the party withdrew.

Some amount of time passed with the creature still in flames.
1d100 ⇒ 311d100 ⇒ 201d100 ⇒ 69 No berserk.
Fire Damage=12d4 ⇒ (3, 4, 1, 4, 1, 3, 4, 1, 1, 2, 3, 2) = 29

By the time the pit disappeared, the thing was a smoldering ruin, or at least appeared to be, its gears still attempting to move though warped by the heat. It fell face-first, its arms and legs twitching but unable to get up for a few moments before the machine finally sputtered and ceased to move at all.

Break initiative.


Male Half Elf Rogue 8 (HP 51/51; AC 23/15/18; F+6, R+14, W+5 (+2 trap, enchant, fear), Init +5, Per +13 (+4 trap))

"Yes. The pit was a brilliant device. Well done, everyone!"

Hanethes is surprisingly cheerful about the turn of events.

He goes back to where the lever is and studies it carefully.

Perception (20)
20 + 11 = 31 +2 to spot traps.


Spoiler:
Init +4; Perception +10 (+12); hp: 72 (72); AC 20/12/19; F+9, R+4, W+7; CMB +10, CMD: 22; Arcane Pool 4/8; Conditions: Drovya is wearing Talon's cloak, +1 to all saves.
Male Half Elf Bladebound Magus 8

Drovya breathes a sigh of relief. Thank the gods. I thought that thing would be the end of us. He looks at Talon, You are not looking so well, my friend. Rohini, Arasmes, is there anything you two can do to help him? I'll hold onto those books for you while you do, Rohini.

Drovya accepts the books if Rohini passes them over, and casts detect magic to examine them.

Spellcraft: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (15) + 8 = 23
Knowledge(Arcana): 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (5) + 9 = 14


Female :D Check out my fetching opercles!

Gah, ninja'd
Hanethes discovered that the lever was heavily trapped. Exactly what the corresponding connections that proved it to be so caused, he couldn't be so sure. However, disabling it looked like an easier task than dealing with the construct.

Arasmes watched as his bane judgement extinguished and again returned to Talon's side with a nod of agreement in Drovya's direction.

"Miss Rohini, I would ask that we attempt to mend these wounds again. I'll use a more potent prayer, but if we cast in synchronization, our chances of success may increase."

Casting Cure Light Wounds with the Penetrating judgement. Er... that particular phrasing. The Bit of Luck power will also allow the CL check to go through twice.

"Talon, you should be commended for your bodily capacity for making and maintaining a large amount of blood," Arasmes commented, noticing how much had been lost through the wounds, amazed that his friend was still conscious.

"I'd bet this would be my only opportunity to beat you in a drinking contest. Think we'd be on fair terms, yet?"


AC/Touch/FF: 21/16/16; F/R/W: +6/+9/+4 Max HP 47; Current HP 47

Petrova returns the bow and arrows to their owner.

She glances at Talon and shrugs. "Strange. Most of you men seem to enjoy spilling your internal liquids, right up until it's no longer on your own initiative..."


Male Half Elf Rogue 8 (HP 51/51; AC 23/15/18; F+6, R+14, W+5 (+2 trap, enchant, fear), Init +5, Per +13 (+4 trap))

"I am grateful you didn't pull the lever, Rohini. Disguised wires attached here. I'm not sure what they would have done. But if it's hidden, its usually not a good thing."

He pulls out his tools.

Disable Device (10)
10 + 18 = 28


Female :D Check out my fetching opercles!

Should Rohini give Drovya the tomes and phial:

The books themselves, with the exception of one, aren't magical any further than the spells used to keep them intact for such a long time.

The last book is a +1 Tome of Understanding, albeit with a darker twist on the philosophies usually involved.

All three books are written in Abyssal.

The phial contains an elixir of Stoneskin.

---
Hanethes managed to disengage the trap with ease, leaving the lever as simply that- a lever.


Female Changeling Cleric of Desna 8
Stats:
HP 45/45; 7/9 channels; 6/9 bit of luck; Init +0; Perception +9; AC 18/11/18; F+8, R+4, W+14; CMB +4, CMD: 15

Rohini hands over the stuff she found. Did she find anything in or around the desk?
"Agreed. I'm glad you persuaded me not to pull the lever. I wonder what it does. Have we thoroughly searched the room? Any exits, obvious or hidden?"

Rohini will also work with Arasmes to try to heal Talon. She'll give him some luck and any other assistance she can offer -- a heal roll to aid? And she'll channel and use some luck for herself as well.

Channel CL check: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (12) + 6 = 18
Second roll: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (16) + 6 = 22

Ugh. I don't think even the second roll is good enough, unless Arasmes can somehow provide a +3 in aid.


Stats:
Init: +0 Perception: +0 HP: 44/76 AC: 24/15/24 Fort:+10 Ref: +7 Will:+7(+1 versus Fear)(None)
Taldan Lore Warden 8 Wealth Sheet

Drovya

"I'm bleeding profusely here, what's your excuse?" He grins.

Arasmes

"I'd still win. You drink like a woman."

Petrova

"Even then, sometimes we do."

Rohini

"Nope, still dying here...

Maybe if she got a guidance?

Talon attempts to keep himself conscious by singing a mostly silent song to himself. "Show me the way to go home, everybody.."


has awesome hair
Stats:
Init +6 Per +9 | AC 17/T 17/ FF 15 | HP 58/58 | F +8/R + 5/ W +7

"What was that thing guarding? A few books? I bet Talon's guts that there is, or was, more treasure."

Kanthuun takes a look at the crushed skeleton again.


Male Half Elf Rogue 8 (HP 51/51; AC 23/15/18; F+6, R+14, W+5 (+2 trap, enchant, fear), Init +5, Per +13 (+4 trap))

"Yes, the lever's still here. But our friend Talon is still in a bit of a tight spot. Not much I can do about it, but I feel bad moving on and exploring things when someone is affected like that."


AC/Touch/FF: 21/16/16; F/R/W: +6/+9/+4 Max HP 47; Current HP 47

I thought from Trout's second last post that we'd finally gotten some healing spells into Talon...

Trout wrote:
Casting Cure Light Wounds with the Penetrating judgement. Er... that particular phrasing. The Bit of Luck power will also allow the CL check to go through twice.


Male Half Elf Rogue 8 (HP 51/51; AC 23/15/18; F+6, R+14, W+5 (+2 trap, enchant, fear), Init +5, Per +13 (+4 trap))

I think she was saying that the bit of luck power would allow two rolls of the caster power check. Which both failed (DC 20/25?)


Spoiler:
Init +4; Perception +10 (+12); hp: 72 (72); AC 20/12/19; F+9, R+4, W+7; CMB +10, CMD: 22; Arcane Pool 4/8; Conditions: Drovya is wearing Talon's cloak, +1 to all saves.
Male Half Elf Bladebound Magus 8

We need to use Rohini's luck power on Arasmes, because he gets a +3 to the caster level check from his judgment ability. Trout also said that she'd allow aid another if two spells were cast at the same time, so maybe we could use the wand of cure light wounds for that. At least, that was my understanding.


Female :D Check out my fetching opercles!

Roini found nothing else around the desk but dust. Whatever had been there had long since decayed.

Simultaneous (or almost simultaneous,I'll allow due to my absense for the bulk of the posting) casting of the same spell or kind of power would enable the CL checks to have an 'aid another' function. As is, both those count as 'aid anothers' for Arasmes' next two, thank you, Bit of Luck.She did say she granted it.
In this case alone, the aid another will bounce back as soon as she tries anything again.

"If you need, grab the wand from my belt; the one I used earlier and use it as soon as I reach out my hands, all right?"

Arasmes prayed almost inaudibly moments after Rohini's attempts to close the wounds. A judgement normally used for foes was repurposed.

Caster Level Checks: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (14) + 11 = 251d20 + 11 ⇒ (6) + 11 = 17
Whoo! That is one pass!
CLW Curing: 1d8 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6Which still... did s%%%. Oh, well, it's a start. Have 6 hp back.
And the knowledge that the CL DC just went down to 20.

The bleeding of the gaping wound in the fighter's midsection stopped, but other than that, the spell had minimal effect. However, the magics lingered.


Stats:
Init: +0 Perception: +0 HP: 44/76 AC: 24/15/24 Fort:+10 Ref: +7 Will:+7(+1 versus Fear)(None)
Taldan Lore Warden 8 Wealth Sheet

Yay, 6 hp! That's 50% more than I have before!

"Thanks.. I feel a little better. Har har, Kanthuun. I heard that."


Spoiler:
Init +4; Perception +10 (+12); hp: 72 (72); AC 20/12/19; F+9, R+4, W+7; CMB +10, CMD: 22; Arcane Pool 4/8; Conditions: Drovya is wearing Talon's cloak, +1 to all saves.
Male Half Elf Bladebound Magus 8

A low whistle escapes Drovya's lips. If the golem wasn't guarding this book, it should have been. He holds out the Tome of Understanding. This volume will literally make one wiser after careful study, although the source may be somewhat... Diabolic. This vial is a potion of stoneskin, powerful defensive magic indeed. As for the rest of these books, well, I really should learn how to read Abyssal one of these days.

1,101 to 1,150 of 3,502 << first < prev | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / TEE's Into the Obscure (A Dark Extraplanar Adventure) Gameplay Thread All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.