Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends


Into the Obscure (A Dark Extraplanar Adventure)

Game Master Halflingtime

The terrible plane of Abaddon lies in wait...


951 to 1,000 of 3,502 << first < prev | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | next > last >>

Female :D Check out my fetching opercles!

Talon managed to get a decent hit in on the cacodaemon; it was barely conscious.
Petrova's turn.


AC/Touch/FF: 21/16/16; F/R/W: +6/+9/+4 Max HP 47; Current HP 47

Petrova drops her sling, draws a dagger, and attacks, taking a step if needed to get a flank with Talon.
Attack: 1d20 + 7 + 2 - 2 ⇒ (6) + 7 + 2 - 2 = 13

Being unaccustomed to fighting with a dagger, she underestimates its reach and misses.


Female :D Check out my fetching opercles!

Shaken status over. :)
The little monster sharing space with Rohini continued its assault like a slighted leech. It felt pain, but was more keen on inflicting it. The cacodaemon's razor-sharp teeth took a small bite out of the cleric's arm. Now sated, the creature moved back into the air above the cleric's head.

Cacodaemon attack on Rohini: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 17Hit.
Damage: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5
Rohini's save against what could follow:1d20 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5
Mmmkay. I'll make note of that.

The cacodaemon that had just felt Stark's sharp disdain and had been shaken by Kanthuun's visage withdrew until it almost smacked into the ceiling.

Initiative places us back to Kanthuun's turn, followed by Hanethes, Arasmes, Drovya, Talon, Rohini, and Petrova.


has awesome hair
Stats:
Init +6 Per +9 | AC 17/T 17/ FF 15 | HP 58/58 | F +8/R + 5/ W +7

Kanthuun, muttering something about lightning not striking twice, flies towards the cacodaemon and shoots a spray of colors at the little beast.

Color Spray again.


Female :D Check out my fetching opercles!

Cocodaemon save: 1d20 + 4 - 2 ⇒ (2) + 4 - 2 = 4
Blinded for:1d4 ⇒ 4rounds and stunned for 5. :D

Kanthuun literally halted the cacodaemon that had just fled Talon and Petrova in its tracks. While it was still floating, it was mostly just bobbing in the air like a stationary bubble.


Female :D Check out my fetching opercles!

Hanethes' turn. :)


Male Half Elf Rogue 8 (HP 51/51; AC 23/15/18; F+6, R+14, W+5 (+2 trap, enchant, fear), Init +5, Per +13 (+4 trap))

If in melee range, Hanethes parries and swings at the cacodaemon.

Parry (Bluff)
1d20 + 14 ⇒ (19) + 14 = 33

Attack
1d20 + 10 ⇒ (11) + 10 = 21
1d8 + 1 + 3d6 ⇒ (6) + 1 + (4, 1, 1) = 13 (if parry successful)

If not in melee range, Hanethes moves and attacks (without the parry).

Edit: Oh, its flying. Hold Action.


Female :D Check out my fetching opercles!

Arasmes continues to use magic detection, staying towards the center of the room.

Init right now-Drovya, Talon, Rohini, Petrova, cacodaemons.
Assumed contingency-Hanethes will act if the cacodaemon nearest to him lowers to a hittable level.


Spoiler:
Init +4; Perception +10 (+12); hp: 72 (72); AC 20/12/19; F+9, R+4, W+7; CMB +10, CMD: 22; Arcane Pool 4/8; Conditions: Drovya is wearing Talon's cloak, +1 to all saves.
Male Half Elf Bladebound Magus 8

Do we get AoO's on the cacodaemon that bit Rohini? Unless it took a 5' step it should provoke, and if it took a 5' step wouldn't it still be in reach?


Female :D Check out my fetching opercles!

I'm sorry. I must look like an ignoramous, but how would that provoke?


Female Changeling Cleric of Desna 8
Stats:
HP 45/45; 7/9 channels; 6/9 bit of luck; Init +0; Perception +9; AC 18/11/18; F+8, R+4, W+14; CMB +4, CMD: 15

I think Drovya means because the Caco is in melee with Rohini and I gather with Drovya. So if it takes a move out of melee bigger than a 5 foot step it provokes an AoO. If it just takes a safe 5 foot step, then it would still be in reach. But we may be understanding the situation completely differently...


Spoiler:
Init +4; Perception +10 (+12); hp: 72 (72); AC 20/12/19; F+9, R+4, W+7; CMB +10, CMD: 22; Arcane Pool 4/8; Conditions: Drovya is wearing Talon's cloak, +1 to all saves.
Male Half Elf Bladebound Magus 8

What Rohini said.


Female :D Check out my fetching opercles!

Technically it would be in reach of Rohini, yes. It only went 5 feet into the air. For all intents and purposes, it's in a square diagonal to Drovya and Hanethes, I thought, thus making it beyond reach.


Male Half Elf Rogue 8 (HP 51/51; AC 23/15/18; F+6, R+14, W+5 (+2 trap, enchant, fear), Init +5, Per +13 (+4 trap))

When you play this in real life, make sure you use the height markers. Cause it will otherwise get very confusing.


Spoiler:
Init +4; Perception +10 (+12); hp: 72 (72); AC 20/12/19; F+9, R+4, W+7; CMB +10, CMD: 22; Arcane Pool 4/8; Conditions: Drovya is wearing Talon's cloak, +1 to all saves.
Male Half Elf Bladebound Magus 8

Drovya moves his blade in a blur towards the cacodaemon.

5' step if necessary

Concentration: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (4) + 14 = 18 vs. DC 16 Concentration to cast defensively
Arcane Mark Attack: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (15) + 9 = 24
Damage: 1d8 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10
Attack: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (3) + 9 = 12
Damage: 1d8 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11


Stats:
Init: +0 Perception: +0 HP: 44/76 AC: 24/15/24 Fort:+10 Ref: +7 Will:+7(+1 versus Fear)(None)
Taldan Lore Warden 8 Wealth Sheet

Talon rushes over to strike at the cacodaemon right above Rohini.
I'm assuming the one I was previously fighting is too high up to melee?

Power Attack: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (13) + 11 = 24

2d4 + 16 ⇒ (1, 1) + 16 = 18


Female Changeling Cleric of Desna 8
Stats:
HP 45/45; 7/9 channels; 6/9 bit of luck; Init +0; Perception +9; AC 18/11/18; F+8, R+4, W+14; CMB +4, CMD: 15

If it's still alive:
+1 spear: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10
Miss!


Female :D Check out my fetching opercles!

Just going to roll with this. Been having a tough weekDrovya managed to push the cacodaemon on Rohini into unconsciousness, but Talon gracefully made his way over and sliced it in half.

Rohini, you can do something else if you want.


Female Changeling Cleric of Desna 8
Stats:
HP 45/45; 7/9 channels; 6/9 bit of luck; Init +0; Perception +9; AC 18/11/18; F+8, R+4, W+14; CMB +4, CMD: 15

I believe there's another one floating blind in the corner. I guess Rohini will drop her spear and pick up and load her crossbow. I think that uses all her actions for this round.


AC/Touch/FF: 21/16/16; F/R/W: +6/+9/+4 Max HP 47; Current HP 47

Is Petrova's sling even getting past damage reduction?


AC/Touch/FF: 21/16/16; F/R/W: +6/+9/+4 Max HP 47; Current HP 47

Petrova doesn't bother then. She'll stand by the entrance and keep an eye on the room below for anything coming up behind them.


Female :D Check out my fetching opercles!

The remaining cacodaemon floated in a state of suspended animation.
Kanthuun's turn!


has awesome hair
Stats:
Init +6 Per +9 | AC 17/T 17/ FF 15 | HP 58/58 | F +8/R + 5/ W +7

Kanthuun loads his crossbow.

Rohini or anyone else with a range weapon ready-- you can coup de grace it...I can't as I never stated I had my crossbow out and loaded.


Male Half Elf Rogue 8 (HP 51/51; AC 23/15/18; F+6, R+14, W+5 (+2 trap, enchant, fear), Init +5, Per +13 (+4 trap))

Hanethes readies an attack if it should come within melee range.

1d20 + 10 ⇒ (8) + 10 = 18
1d8 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9


Spoiler:
Init +4; Perception +10 (+12); hp: 72 (72); AC 20/12/19; F+9, R+4, W+7; CMB +10, CMD: 22; Arcane Pool 4/8; Conditions: Drovya is wearing Talon's cloak, +1 to all saves.
Male Half Elf Bladebound Magus 8

Drovya drops Black Ivan point first into the floor and pulls out his bow, fitting a silver-tipped arrow to the string before bringing the fletching to his cheek and loosing the dart at the cacodaemon.

Masterwork Composite Strength Shortbow: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24
Silver-Blanched Arrow: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9

I know it's Arasmes turn next, just wanted to get this posted.


Female :D Check out my fetching opercles!

Arasmes continued to look around, intensely concentrating on their surroundings before Drovya managed to bring the foul little beastie down. It still lived, but only just-it wasn't conscious, at any rate.


Female Changeling Cleric of Desna 8
Stats:
HP 45/45; 7/9 channels; 6/9 bit of luck; Init +0; Perception +9; AC 18/11/18; F+8, R+4, W+14; CMB +4, CMD: 15

I think Talon is next in line so he can finish it off for good if he likes, but otherwise Rohini will go impale the thing dead on her spear. With pleasure.


Stats:
Init: +0 Perception: +0 HP: 44/76 AC: 24/15/24 Fort:+10 Ref: +7 Will:+7(+1 versus Fear)(None)
Taldan Lore Warden 8 Wealth Sheet

Talon drops Stark for a moment, draws his bow and fires at the creature to finish it.

1d20 + 7 ⇒ (11) + 7 = 18

1d8 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9


Female :D Check out my fetching opercles!

The party made short work of the remaining cacodaemon (Talon's attack doing most of it, mind you, but Hanethes finished it off outright), leaving it to fade into little more than a skeleton with a cracked soul gem within.

Sorry that took so long. Break initiative.

Arasmes continued to look around with the detect magic spell activated.

"That could have gone a great deal worse. Is everyone quite alright?"


has awesome hair
Stats:
Init +6 Per +9 | AC 17/T 17/ FF 15 | HP 58/58 | F +8/R + 5/ W +7

Kanthuun drifts down to the ground, rubbing his hair and grinning. "I flew and scared things!"


Stats:
Init: +0 Perception: +0 HP: 44/76 AC: 24/15/24 Fort:+10 Ref: +7 Will:+7(+1 versus Fear)(None)
Taldan Lore Warden 8 Wealth Sheet

"Good job, Kanthuun. I'm better than alright, I'm great." Talon puts his bow away and picks up Stark again.


Spoiler:
Init +4; Perception +10 (+12); hp: 72 (72); AC 20/12/19; F+9, R+4, W+7; CMB +10, CMD: 22; Arcane Pool 4/8; Conditions: Drovya is wearing Talon's cloak, +1 to all saves.
Male Half Elf Bladebound Magus 8

Drovya tests his bowstring before returning it to the sling on his back. He picks up Black Ivan and removes the ichor on the blades with a flick of his wrist. No, I'm not going to clean you off. You always bite my fingers when I try and I heard you humming when you tasted their flesh. Add to your decorations for all I care.
He looks up at Kanthuun, not seeming to realize that he has spoken aloud.
Well, you are the most fearsome thing we've encountered in this place... so far.
He gives a careless grin as he gathers up the soul gems from within the cacodaemons then stoops to check the body of the fallen vulnadaemon for anything of interest or value.


AC/Touch/FF: 21/16/16; F/R/W: +6/+9/+4 Max HP 47; Current HP 47

Petrova picks up and sheathes her scimitar, aiding in the search of the body for goodies. She tries to keep clear of Drovya, however.


Male Half Elf Rogue 8 (HP 51/51; AC 23/15/18; F+6, R+14, W+5 (+2 trap, enchant, fear), Init +5, Per +13 (+4 trap))

Hanethes rests for a moment, after finally dispatching the cacodaemon. He briefly tends to the wound inflicted by the spider.

"I don't suppose any of you can make bullets and gunpowder? I find myself at a disadvantage."


has awesome hair
Stats:
Init +6 Per +9 | AC 17/T 17/ FF 15 | HP 58/58 | F +8/R + 5/ W +7

"Perhaps there's a river of molten lead about," Kanthuun says in half-seriousness.


Stats:
Init: +0 Perception: +0 HP: 44/76 AC: 24/15/24 Fort:+10 Ref: +7 Will:+7(+1 versus Fear)(None)
Taldan Lore Warden 8 Wealth Sheet

"I wouldn't be surprised.."


Spoiler:
Init +4; Perception +10 (+12); hp: 72 (72); AC 20/12/19; F+9, R+4, W+7; CMB +10, CMD: 22; Arcane Pool 4/8; Conditions: Drovya is wearing Talon's cloak, +1 to all saves.
Male Half Elf Bladebound Magus 8

A river of molten silver would probably be more useful, but less likely.


Female Changeling Cleric of Desna 8
Stats:
HP 45/45; 7/9 channels; 6/9 bit of luck; Init +0; Perception +9; AC 18/11/18; F+8, R+4, W+14; CMB +4, CMD: 15

Rohini watches the others search the area and daemon bodies and listens to their discussion, while cleaning the place where she was bitten by the caco-daemon as best she can.


has awesome hair
Stats:
Init +6 Per +9 | AC 17/T 17/ FF 15 | HP 58/58 | F +8/R + 5/ W +7

"I'd say we need an alchemist. Or another party to prey upon," says Kanthuun, idly dreaming of attacking real soul traders.


Female :D Check out my fetching opercles!

One of the cacodaemons had ingested something that was decidedly not a soul gem, though its stomach acids had given it a similar coating and sheen. It was a bottle of some sort, the stopper made of rotted cork. Other than that, there were two soul gems and a jagged, wicked looking ring.

The vulnadaemon had on its person a masterwork small shortsword and dagger, as well as a red gem that anyone who had examined the statue recognized as fitting in an eyehole.


Female Changeling Cleric of Desna 8
Stats:
HP 45/45; 7/9 channels; 6/9 bit of luck; Init +0; Perception +9; AC 18/11/18; F+8, R+4, W+14; CMB +4, CMD: 15

There may be others who get to the items first, but otherwise Rohini will cast detect magic and eyeball all of it. She'll also make spellcraft rolls to identify magic items, as appropriate.

"Let's check this stuff out before fitting the gem in the eyehole. It may be a key of some sort."


has awesome hair
Stats:
Init +6 Per +9 | AC 17/T 17/ FF 15 | HP 58/58 | F +8/R + 5/ W +7

Aid Another on le Spellcraft.

"Don't drink what's in that bottle and don't put on that ring, I reckon."

Kanthuun eyes the statue. "It's a wonder they build anything around here...place could use some maids." He then claps his mouth shut and eyes the ground.


Female Changeling Cleric of Desna 8
Stats:
HP 45/45; 7/9 channels; 6/9 bit of luck; Init +0; Perception +9; AC 18/11/18; F+8, R+4, W+14; CMB +4, CMD: 15

Actually, Kanthuun is better at spellcraft, so here are Rohini's aid another rolls (or do we just both roll and whoever does better is considered primary?):
for the ring: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24
for the potion: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21
Let me know if there are any other rolls needed.

Rohini may be taking the lead with those rolls!


Female :D Check out my fetching opercles!

No, those are decent rolls. Factoring in aid another as if Kanthuun had rolled a 10.
The ring is a Scholar's Ring of Abyssal, and the potion is a potion of Align Weapon

The red stone appeared unremarkable to the detect magic spell.


Spoiler:
Init +4; Perception +10 (+12); hp: 72 (72); AC 20/12/19; F+9, R+4, W+7; CMB +10, CMD: 22; Arcane Pool 4/8; Conditions: Drovya is wearing Talon's cloak, +1 to all saves.
Male Half Elf Bladebound Magus 8

Definitely some useful items. Who would like to hold onto them?

Drovya slips the masterwork dagger into his belt unless someone objects.

Should we press on or explore what happens when the gem is placed in the socket?


has awesome hair
Stats:
Init +6 Per +9 | AC 17/T 17/ FF 15 | HP 58/58 | F +8/R + 5/ W +7

Kanthuun blinks and looks at the ring.

"If only...well, in any case, I may be best equipped to use the ring, or Petrova," he says.

He hold the ring and looks at the inside of the metal circle, realizing the previous owner had probably been digested. Looking through the ring like a monocle, he continues.

"I'd say put the gem in. What's the worst that could happen?"


Stats:
Init: +0 Perception: +0 HP: 44/76 AC: 24/15/24 Fort:+10 Ref: +7 Will:+7(+1 versus Fear)(None)
Taldan Lore Warden 8 Wealth Sheet

"Exactly."


Spoiler:
Init +4; Perception +10 (+12); hp: 72 (72); AC 20/12/19; F+9, R+4, W+7; CMB +10, CMD: 22; Arcane Pool 4/8; Conditions: Drovya is wearing Talon's cloak, +1 to all saves.
Male Half Elf Bladebound Magus 8

Drovya shrugs and slides the gem into an empty statuary eye socket.


has awesome hair
Stats:
Init +6 Per +9 | AC 17/T 17/ FF 15 | HP 58/58 | F +8/R + 5/ W +7

Kanthuun tries to duck if any Spheres of Annihilation appear.


Female Changeling Cleric of Desna 8
Stats:
HP 45/45; 7/9 channels; 6/9 bit of luck; Init +0; Perception +9; AC 18/11/18; F+8, R+4, W+14; CMB +4, CMD: 15

In terms of the ring, it is most useful in the hands of someone who has knowledge (history), but I believe none of us currently do. It is a class skill for clerics, so Rohini can take a level in it when she levels up, which would allow us to maximize the ring's use on knowledge checks. Rohini is flexible as to the final disposition of the ring, which could await the end of the adventure...

"Talon, you should probably take the potion [ointment?] of align weapon -- you seem to hit pretty hard with your sword and I'm hesitant to think what might happen if Drovya tries it on his... unusual... armament. As for the ring, I'm fine if Kanthuun carries it and uses it to decipher any unfamiliar tongues we encounter. I know it also provides aid in matters of history, so if that type of situation arises we may want whoever knows the most about the history in question to wear the ring while we're trying to figure the matter out..."

Rohini stands far back as Drovya fits the gem.

951 to 1,000 of 3,502 << first < prev | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / TEE's Into the Obscure (A Dark Extraplanar Adventure) Gameplay Thread All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.