Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

PaizoCon 2014!

Into the Obscure (A Dark Extraplanar Adventure)

Game Master Halflingtime

The terrible plane of Abaddon lies in wait...


751 to 800 of 3,318 << first < prev | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | next > last >>

Female :D Check out my fetching opercles!

It took Kanthuun a little while to find himself a cozy nook with a loose pillow that, while old and smelling of incense smoke, didn't look too dirty. His search did yield more than just knowledge of where the floor was cleanest, however. Jammed into a crack in the wall was an impressive grimoire, bound in local wood.


Male Half Elf Rogue 8 (HP 51/51; AC 23/15/18; F+6, R+14, W+5 (+2 trap, enchant, fear), Init +5, Per +13 (+4 trap))

Hanethes finds a relatively comfortable place on one of the chairs, propping his feet up and leaning back with a casual but relaxed air.


Stats:
Init: +0 Perception: +0 HP: 76/76 AC: 24/15/24 Fort:+10 Ref: +7 Will:+7(+1 versus Fear)(None)
Taldan Lore Warden 8 Wealth Sheet

Talon will find himself a nice corner of the room far enough away from either of the women to avoid any faux pas and violence.


Spoiler:
Init +4; Perception +10 (+12); hp: 72 (72); AC 20/12/19; F+9, R+4, W+7; CMB +10, CMD: 22; Arcane Pool 4/8; Conditions: Drovya is wearing Talon's cloak, +1 to all saves.
Male Half Elf Bladebound Magus 8

Drovya finds a spot near Kanthuun and casually peruses the tome he found.

Should we set a watch?


has awesome hair
Stats:
Init +6 Per +9 | AC 17/T 17/ FF 15 | HP 58/58 | F +8/R + 5/ W +7

Kanthuun casts Detect Magic on the grimoire. "Do you know anything about this, Gant? I make it a habit not to casually open large books of magic."

"We should set a watch. I'll be ready to keep an eye out after eight hours of rest," he jokes. Arcane casters make terrible watch keepers.


Female Changeling Cleric of Desna 8
Stats:
HP 45/45; 7/9 channels; 6/9 bit of luck; Init +0; Perception +9; AC 18/11/18; F+8, R+4, W+14; CMB +4, CMD: 15

Rohini selects a familiar spot and puts down her pack.

I'm happy to take the first watch, since you all look like you need to rest more than I do at the moment. I'm also happy to offer healing before rest, if any of you need it.

Rohini will also wake up an hour early and spend that time communing with Desna.


Stats:
Init: +0 Perception: +0 HP: 76/76 AC: 24/15/24 Fort:+10 Ref: +7 Will:+7(+1 versus Fear)(None)
Taldan Lore Warden 8 Wealth Sheet

"I'll take second watch."


Kanthuun:

It is definitely magical; it gives off a moderate universal aura.

"Of course I do; I wrote it. It's my spellbook, Kanthuun. Obviously, I'd forgotten to hide it properly...,"

The petitioner made his way over, leaving Mika to dominate the cushion he'd left in his wake.
"It took years, you know. I'd forgotten everything... and it is, of course, understandably rare for one of my kind to gain such knowledge. Ha... you'd think I'd know better, then, than to let complete strangers glean over my work, but who else have I to show off to?"

Gant squatted down once more, straining with the effort. He brought a hand over Drovya's shoulder to point out a few lines of script.
"As it turns out, I got those notations wrong, that should be 3 aranids. And here, see, the coalescent singularity between the faari and nexus energies? I wrote that as the filiputh. It was easier to do than-"

Gant went on to describe his mistakes and shorthand for as long as his potential audience allowed, bringing attention to the nuances of a single section, and causing Kanthuun to remember his days of pretending to be a wizard(As well as granting him and Drovya a circumstantial +2 Spellcraft bonus on decifering/copying spells from this particular book, provided the sorcerer takes wizard levels at any point). If Drovya wishes to use an hour, he can try to learn Silent Image at a DC 21 Spellcraft check.

Rohini, Talon, and Kanthuun each took a turn on watch, whilst their host merely took up his seat and stared into space through the night.

Desna offered Rohini a rare gift as of late- a dream bereft of fearful tidings.

Talon's watch was by far the most eventful, as his space was infringed by the most malevolent-looking house spider he'd ever seen. The thing brought to mind a razor-edged skeleton. It moved quickly, and its eerily intelligent eyes were mobile across its form, unlike the beasties the fighter had spied in Taldor. Diminutive as it was, it gave off an unpleasant impression-especially as it took off after a snoozing Hanethes.

Feel free to react to this however. It's not a combat.
-----------------------------------
Kanthuun's watch went without incident, much like Rohini's, and ended officially with Petrova's awakening.

And Drovya's condition hasn't worsened. Good job, peeps.


Male Half Elf Rogue 8 (HP 51/51; AC 23/15/18; F+6, R+14, W+5 (+2 trap, enchant, fear), Init +5, Per +13 (+4 trap))

Hanethes is still weakened by poison (Con damage), so he'll ask Rohini if she has something to heal that when he wakes. If the spider-thing doesn't look dangerous, Hanethes brushes it aside and tries to scare it away. Assuming he wakes up in time to do so.


Stats:
Init: +0 Perception: +0 HP: 76/76 AC: 24/15/24 Fort:+10 Ref: +7 Will:+7(+1 versus Fear)(None)
Taldan Lore Warden 8 Wealth Sheet

Talon will intervene and just barely manages to crush the spider with his hand when it gets right on Hanethe's forehead. "Sorry about that. Didn't want it to bite you." Talon will hand him a cloth to wipe off the bug goo.


Female :D Check out my fetching opercles!

Your one point of con damage will heal overnight, even without help, Hanethes. That, and as the half-elf was asleep, Talon's maneuver happened first. You're always welcome to continue to rp at different times when it comes to watches, just make it clear when the conversation is happening. However, it's full on the next day of gametime.

Petrova woke up to an unremarkable set of circumstances. Prompted by their own anatomies, the rest of the group followed suit (except for Kanthuun and Rohini, of course, as they'd been the earliest to rise).

Drovya felt virtually the same as before he'd rested, with the swelling contained and no sign of a fever. Hanethes, on the other hand, could tell the effects from the previous day's poisoning had disappeared.


Female Changeling Cleric of Desna 8
Stats:
HP 45/45; 7/9 channels; 6/9 bit of luck; Init +0; Perception +9; AC 18/11/18; F+8, R+4, W+14; CMB +4, CMD: 15

How much CON damage have you suffered, Hanethes? You'll recover one point overnight. Rohini doesn't have that spell prepared, but she has a wand of lesser restoration that she can use in the morning if you're still down CON.


has awesome hair
Stats:
Init +6 Per +9 | AC 17/T 17/ FF 15 | HP 58/58 | F +8/R + 5/ W +7

Kanthuun stretches and yawns, rubbing a few sore spots resulting from lumpy or slipped pillows. He wiggles his fingers in front of him and kneads the flesh of his arms as if pulling on long gloves, leaving faint swirls of color as his hands pass, then he nods. "New magic in the blood," he says to no one in particular. "Really disinclines a sorcerer to do any serious reading."

Now grinning like a child with a new toy, he flashes a satisfied wink at the Vudran cleric. "I can fly."

I. know. kung. fu!


Female Changeling Cleric of Desna 8
Stats:
HP 45/45; 7/9 channels; 6/9 bit of luck; Init +0; Perception +9; AC 18/11/18; F+8, R+4, W+14; CMB +4, CMD: 15

Excellent. Me too, although I'm not about to try anything fancy.


"Well, now that you're all up, there's nothing keeping you here." Gant announced, shaking out of his reverie in his own corner, where he'd been staring off into space through much of the night and had spent an hour in the morning staring at the tome Kanthuun had discovered the night before, which he then stowed.

"I'm afraid that if you need nothing else from me, I have an image to keep up, and must leave this place. If you need me, I'll be at Baema's for a while."

The petitioner made a hand movement, and Mika went invisible.
"Of course, I'm not going without a farewell to you, little Desnan. May you further avoid a messy demise. And do wear your shawl when you leave, hm? Don't want those ruffians to recognize you, hm?"

The old man flashed another gapped grin and headed outside, leaving the party to their own devices.


Stats:
Init: +0 Perception: +0 HP: 76/76 AC: 24/15/24 Fort:+10 Ref: +7 Will:+7(+1 versus Fear)(None)
Taldan Lore Warden 8 Wealth Sheet

"So what now?" Talon asks the party while putting on his equipment.


Spoiler:
Init +4; Perception +10 (+12); hp: 72 (72); AC 20/12/19; F+9, R+4, W+7; CMB +10, CMD: 22; Arcane Pool 4/8; Conditions: Drovya is wearing Talon's cloak, +1 to all saves.
Male Half Elf Bladebound Magus 8
Gant wrote:


The petitioner made his way over, leaving Mika to dominate the cushion he'd left in his wake.
"It took years, you know. I'd forgotten everything... and it is, of course, understandably rare for one of my kind to gain such knowledge. Ha... you'd think I'd know better, then, than to let complete strangers glean over my work, but who else have I to show off to?"

Gant squatted down once more, straining with the effort. He brought a hand over Drovya's shoulder to point out a few lines of script.
"As it turns out, I got those notations wrong, that should be 3 aranids. And here, see, the coalescent singularity between the faari and nexus energies? I wrote that as the filiputh. It was easier to do than-"

Gant went on to describe his mistakes and shorthand for as long as his potential audience allowed, bringing attention to the nuances of a single section, and causing Kanthuun to remember his days of pretending to be a wizard(As well as granting him and Drovya a circumstantial +2 Spellcraft bonus on decifering/copying spells from this particular book, provided the sorcerer takes wizard levels at any point). If Drovya wishes to use an hour, he can try to learn Silent Image at a DC 21 Spellcraft check.

Drovya listened to Gant's explanations with rapt attention, always interested in new spells to add to his own grimoire. After Gant spoke, he cast read magic to decipher the arcane script and attempted to copy the spell to his own spellbook.

Spellcraft: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (12) + 10 = 22

Nice, just made it.

The Lovely, yet Elusive Trout:

Hey Trout, that DC seemed kind of high. Usually it's 15+spell level to copy a spell into one's spell book. Maybe you're thinking of the DC to decipher a written spell without read magic? Or maybe there's something else. Anyway, thanks for the new spell!

After an hour of diligent calligraphy, he finished the script with a flourish, and took his own rest.

In the morning, Drovya takes an hour to prepare his new spells for the day.

Thank you again for your roof and aid, Gant. We will do what we can regarding this vulnadaemon. If we encounter you in town, how would you prefer that we act towards you?


Female :D Check out my fetching opercles!

Drovya:

Yes, it was the wrong DC. I'd fixed it, but then I got disconnected, and Paizo's cache only remembered my half-baked post. I... rather forgot to fix it a second time.

----Before Leaving----------
"Formally and apathetically, if you would. And no need to thank me, as I am the one who should be grateful."
----------------------------


Female Changeling Cleric of Desna 8
Stats:
HP 45/45; 7/9 channels; 6/9 bit of luck; Init +0; Perception +9; AC 18/11/18; F+8, R+4, W+14; CMB +4, CMD: 15

"Gant, although I have done so many times before, I for one DO owe you my thanks, so THANK YOU once again in this moment of our parting. May you find the peace you have so earned." She covers all but her eyes with her scarf and turns to the rest of the party: "I am ready to follow and aid however I may."


Gant's departure was delayed for just a moment, allowing the old man to give Rohini one last assured warm smile. He really had grown fond of his alleged murder victim. However, he wouldn't dally long.
-----------Now completely in the present, I would think. Talon's question and Rohini's statement hanging in the air...


has awesome hair
Stats:
Init +6 Per +9 | AC 17/T 17/ FF 15 | HP 58/58 | F +8/R + 5/ W +7

Kanthuun checks the wayfinder again. "Let's burn the nest and then be off to claim our quarry," he says, as if destroying a cluster of powerful daemons is no great difficulty.


Male Half Elf Rogue 8 (HP 51/51; AC 23/15/18; F+6, R+14, W+5 (+2 trap, enchant, fear), Init +5, Per +13 (+4 trap))

After some fitful nightmares (something to do with strange skeletal-looking spiders), Hanethes manages to get enough rest to recover from his encounter with the poisoned blade.

"Ah, my friends. Did I sleep the whole night through? You should have woken me to perform my watch. I am, after all, used to watching."

I know that maintaining a watch is a restful activity, and doesn't usually interfere with getting a full night's rest, but it made sense to roleplay it this way.

"Nest and quarry. Agreed."


Stats:
Init: +0 Perception: +0 HP: 76/76 AC: 24/15/24 Fort:+10 Ref: +7 Will:+7(+1 versus Fear)(None)
Taldan Lore Warden 8 Wealth Sheet

"Yea, you even slept through the spider ordeal. I'm ready to go whenever the rest of you are."


Spoiler:
Init +4; Perception +10 (+12); hp: 72 (72); AC 20/12/19; F+9, R+4, W+7; CMB +10, CMD: 22; Arcane Pool 4/8; Conditions: Drovya is wearing Talon's cloak, +1 to all saves.
Male Half Elf Bladebound Magus 8

Once Gant leaves, Drovya moves to Kanthuun and speaks into his ear in a low voice.

Kanthuun:
When you checked the Wayfinder, did it seem to point in the same direction as the daemon's camp? Our prize should still be our first priority, and how far should we trust this priestess?


AC/Touch/FF: 21/16/16; F/R/W: +6/+9/+4 Max HP 47; Current HP 47

Petrova watches Gant leave thoughtfully. "I wonder how great his evil was in life that such a seemingly nice old man should find his way here. Maybe it is possible for some souls to be redeemed, even if it's just from utter vileness to mere self-servingness."


Stats:
Init: +0 Perception: +0 HP: 76/76 AC: 24/15/24 Fort:+10 Ref: +7 Will:+7(+1 versus Fear)(None)
Taldan Lore Warden 8 Wealth Sheet

"Everyone's got their demons. Or daemons in this case. Guess it's a bit more literal here too."


Female Changeling Cleric of Desna 8
Stats:
HP 45/45; 7/9 channels; 6/9 bit of luck; Init +0; Perception +9; AC 18/11/18; F+8, R+4, W+14; CMB +4, CMD: 15

"I've wondered the same many times during my time with Gant, Petrova. He never revealed anything to me on that subject. He is a mysterious one, but when he rescued me some petitioners were slowly flaying the skin from my bones, so I'm willing to forgive him a lot and I hope his soul ends up in a good place."

Perception to hear Drovya's comment: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (17) + 7 = 24
It is probably a hard DC, but that's a pretty good roll...


has awesome hair
Stats:
Init +6 Per +9 | AC 17/T 17/ FF 15 | HP 58/58 | F +8/R + 5/ W +7

"I'm just not sure if there are any good places left for these petitioners," says Kanthuun with a bit of sadness. "Although, for my part, I believe the whorls of chaos will eventually destroy everything and remake it again. Too much stagnation, you know, it needs to be broken up." He eyes some of the the decay of the place with a mixture of approval and concern.

Drovya:

"Yes, still approximately the same direction. It has moved somewhat. I don't know what to make of this nest we are to burn out, nor of the other...device made by hags. Have we all lost our senses?"


Female :D Check out my fetching opercles!

That makes the whispering DC, even with some space between characters. Rohini heard the exchange.


Female Changeling Cleric of Desna 8
Stats:
HP 45/45; 7/9 channels; 6/9 bit of luck; Init +0; Perception +9; AC 18/11/18; F+8, R+4, W+14; CMB +4, CMD: 15

Rohini glances towards Drovya and Kanthuun: "I'm pleased to earn your trust if you will provide me the opportunity. For what it's worth, I'm naturally inclined to dislike any who carry a device of hag-make, not that I've ever had the displeasure of meeting a Night Hag. If your device points in the same direction as the daemon's camp, perhaps there is some connection between the daemon and the soul you seek."


has awesome hair
Stats:
Init +6 Per +9 | AC 17/T 17/ FF 15 | HP 58/58 | F +8/R + 5/ W +7

"Is it the same direction as the camp? Gant, can you confirm?"[/b] Kanthuun brings the Wayfinder over to the petitioner.


has awesome hair
Stats:
Init +6 Per +9 | AC 17/T 17/ FF 15 | HP 58/58 | F +8/R + 5/ W +7

"Is it the same direction as the camp? Gant, can you confirm?" Kanthuun brings the Wayfinder over to the petitioner.


Female :D Check out my fetching opercles!

With Rohini's knowledge of the area taen into account, it quickly comes to light that the two are not in the same direction. It is a small detour, however, in the scheme of things, less than two miles into the jungle of arrest.

Unfortunately for Kanthuun, the petitioner in question had already departed, forcing him to depend on the knowledge of the priestess.

The storm that had forced the shield up the day prior is also over; the party can leave unimpeded.


Stats:
Init: +0 Perception: +0 HP: 76/76 AC: 24/15/24 Fort:+10 Ref: +7 Will:+7(+1 versus Fear)(None)
Taldan Lore Warden 8 Wealth Sheet

This is after Rohni tells us that they are in different directions.

"I think we should go after the Daemon camp. Otherwise they're gonna go after us. We should take the initiative."


Female :D Check out my fetching opercles!

Off we go!

With the party in overall agreement, the intrepid planar adventurers set out, grateful to see upon their exiting their temporary safehouse that the storm had stopped. In its place was a chilly, howling wind that kicked up dust and rattled the poor buildings of the hunted settlement, but hardly menacing enough to give them second thoughts.

The group left the area unhindered, though Rohini garnered second glances from several petitioners the party had encountered the day before. She hadn't been with the mortals before, unless the dwarf was a shapechanger.

Perception DC 24:

There were whispered snippets that indicated semi-recognition of the Desnan priestess punctuated with doubt, as well as rumor-mongering as to the fate of the dwarf and the rumor mentioned above. However, as a general rule, the petitioners were quiet spectators until the group re-entered the jungle.

The sickly forest again loomed over the adventurer's heads, eerily quiet for a jungle, though the insects were far from silent. The same wind that had tormented the shantytown also followed, whipping skeletal undergrowth sideways and agitating thick, disgusting bogwater at their feet. However, it seemed to have the side effect of deterring the disease-ridden insects.

Rohini walked as one guided by an invisible hand. She'd heard the directions to the entrance in question only a few times, but it had been enough.

The landscape began to be punctuated with half-submerged slabs of stone, emblazoned with worn carvings of screaming faces and accentuated by thick, gouging claw marks, centuries-since filled with fungus, sludge, and spiderwebs.

With more distance, The party began to feel the swampwater up to their ankles moving with a current, which the cleric bid them to follow. It turned into a full-blown stream, pushing towards a small opening into the bowels of the earth at the base of small cliff, the wretched fluid dropping into the cave through a flume that a medium human could slide through.

While the end couldn't be seen through the pitch-black hole, it could be heard. The flume did meet with a larger body of water below.

YAY! WATERSLIDE! Don't worry, going in wouldn't cause anyone to suffocate/drown, and the water going down is already so sludgy that the sound of a body hitting it wouldn't make to much of a difference in its cadence. The opening is approx 5x5', again. It wouldn't be much of a secret entrance if it were bigger.

Perception DC 12:

There are traces of the same screaming maw motif that was present on the displaced slabs etched in parts of the cliffside.


AC/Touch/FF: 21/16/16; F/R/W: +6/+9/+4 Max HP 47; Current HP 47

Petrova takes one look at the "entrance", shudders, then comments to the others, "I wonder if the depraved sickos back home who purposely try to live their lives to end up on a plane of existence like this really know what they're getting themselves in for? Maybe if they got a little sneak peek like this, the more cleanly planes would be a bit more populated."


Spoiler:
Init +4; Perception +10 (+12); hp: 72 (72); AC 20/12/19; F+9, R+4, W+7; CMB +10, CMD: 22; Arcane Pool 4/8; Conditions: Drovya is wearing Talon's cloak, +1 to all saves.
Male Half Elf Bladebound Magus 8

Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9
Drovya shrugs, For some, the lure of power is so great, that consequences do not factor in.
He unconsciously strokes Ivan's hilt as he speaks; the motion almost lewd.
Others, well, some aspire to become the daemons of this realm. I know of no other way than to be delivered here after death. Shall we enter here?


Female Changeling Cleric of Desna 8
Stats:
HP 45/45; 7/9 channels; 6/9 bit of luck; Init +0; Perception +9; AC 18/11/18; F+8, R+4, W+14; CMB +4, CMD: 15

Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (19) + 7 = 26
Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (12) + 7 = 19
On the walk, Rohini mentions that some of the petitioners seemed to recognize her and that they also seemed to be speculating about the fate of some dwarf. Rohini knows nothing about the dwarf, unless Gant told her something.
Does anyone recognize this screaming maw motif? I see traces of it here, as well as the cliffside.


Female :D Check out my fetching opercles!

He did not.

Knowledge The Planes or Religion DC 20:

There are obvious references to Rovagug's holy symbol here, but it seems to have been spliced with a different image. A harbringer's seal, perhaps? Whatever created this place is likely long-dead to let it fall into such disrepair and allow the indignity of a shantytown nearby when it could just be using pens for easy access to the petitioner livestock.

Knowledge The Planes or Religion DC 30:

I know you looked anyway. Good thing, too. Aid another works!
This symbol belonged to a Harbringer (nascent horseman, so to speak) whose name has long since been lost to time. All that is known now is the fury with which his master destroyed him when he chose to venerate Rovagug to grant him enough power to betray and usurp the power of a former Horseman of Pestilence.
This must have been a temple or a palace in his realm.


Stats:
Init: +0 Perception: +0 HP: 76/76 AC: 24/15/24 Fort:+10 Ref: +7 Will:+7(+1 versus Fear)(None)
Taldan Lore Warden 8 Wealth Sheet

1d20 + 11 ⇒ (4) + 11 = 15

"Never seen it before. Either way let's move on."


AC/Touch/FF: 21/16/16; F/R/W: +6/+9/+4 Max HP 47; Current HP 47

Knowledge planes: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (20) + 13 = 33

"I have," Petrova says, relating what she knows from under both spoilers.


Spoiler:
Init +4; Perception +10 (+12); hp: 72 (72); AC 20/12/19; F+9, R+4, W+7; CMB +10, CMD: 22; Arcane Pool 4/8; Conditions: Drovya is wearing Talon's cloak, +1 to all saves.
Male Half Elf Bladebound Magus 8
Rohini Soni wrote:


On the walk, Rohini mentions that some of the petitioners seemed to recognize her and that they also seemed to be speculating about the fate of some dwarf. Rohini knows nothing about the dwarf, unless Gant told her something.

We had another companion, Drovya says quietly in response to Rohini's question. A dwarf holy warrior named Rogar. He was brave and true, but the vulnadaemon that we slew before we came to meet you and Gant beguiled him and almost took his soul. We could not save his life, but at least he is not a daemon's feast.

He pats his backpack. I carry his remains and his earthly effects in his bag of holding. Should we escape this wretched place and return to Avistan, I shall return him to his brethren in faith so that he may be properly interred according to the customs of Iomedae.

When Petrova the Shadow Dancer reveals what she knows of the temple and carvings, Drovya is astonished.

I have made a thorough study of the outer planes in my search for knowledge and understanding, and I never would have even guessed at such purpose. Thank the heavens we are working together.


AC/Touch/FF: 21/16/16; F/R/W: +6/+9/+4 Max HP 47; Current HP 47

Petrova's skin darkens slightly, the fetching equivalent of a blush.

"I might have gotten caught in the university library once, meeting a dashing young wizarding student in the stacks, and frantically grabbed a random book to 'study'. I swear that old lech must have watched us 'study' for twenty minutes before he left so we could get back to what we were actually doing. Obscure book for a good reason it was, but at least that dreadful encounter has now served a useful purpose."

Something about her expression leaves you with some doubt as to whether or not this is a factual account. The possibilities are certainly intriguing...


Stats:
Init: +0 Perception: +0 HP: 76/76 AC: 24/15/24 Fort:+10 Ref: +7 Will:+7(+1 versus Fear)(None)
Taldan Lore Warden 8 Wealth Sheet

"Note to self. Go to more libraries."


Spoiler:
Init +4; Perception +10 (+12); hp: 72 (72); AC 20/12/19; F+9, R+4, W+7; CMB +10, CMD: 22; Arcane Pool 4/8; Conditions: Drovya is wearing Talon's cloak, +1 to all saves.
Male Half Elf Bladebound Magus 8

I, uh... Drovya seems flummoxed by Petrova's anecdote. He swallows noisily and clears his throat, then draws Black Ivan and holds the blade high over his head, parallel to his spine before jumping feet first into the rushing waterfall and letting the current carry him into the cave below while his ioun torch spins about his head, lighting his way.


Stats:
Init: +0 Perception: +0 HP: 76/76 AC: 24/15/24 Fort:+10 Ref: +7 Will:+7(+1 versus Fear)(None)
Taldan Lore Warden 8 Wealth Sheet

"Guess your story got to him more than me." Talon follows and jumps right in. "Yahoooo!!!" He yodels as the current takes him as well.


Female :D Check out my fetching opercles!

The tunnel through which the sludge poured provided an interesting distraction, at least, if one could stomach the smell and texture of the transportation medium. Drovya was able to make out every weathered notch in the ceiling and every slight turn during the thirty-seven second descent into a flooded chamber, where the magus was thrust into the waters below briefly, feet scraping the bottom to reveal the depth of the filth would reach up to his shoulders if he stood up.

During the time it took him to regain access to open air, Talon came through the opening, submerged, and re-emerged, leaving the two as-of-yet alone in a tall, flooded chamber. The pool stretched across the entire room until it reached a set of stairs so worn they could hardly be recognizable as such. The light from Drovya's ioun torch did not extend far enough to see beyond them.

Even when standing, it was possible to feel an undercurrent in the pool, indicating the possibility of a large drainage tunnel somewhere underneath the murk.


Female Changeling Cleric of Desna 8
Stats:
HP 45/45; 7/9 channels; 6/9 bit of luck; Init +0; Perception +9; AC 18/11/18; F+8, R+4, W+14; CMB +4, CMD: 15

Rohini smiles in approval at Petrova in admiration of her ability to affect the men in the group, listens for sounds of trouble below, glances at the others, shrugs, secures her equipment, and sends herself over the edge. She is ready to use her agile feet ability to quickly move through any difficult terrain at the bottom. She has darkvision.


AC/Touch/FF: 21/16/16; F/R/W: +6/+9/+4 Max HP 47; Current HP 47

Petrova follows Rohini.


Female :D Check out my fetching opercles!

Talon was forced to sidestep out of the way as no sooner had he gained his footing, Rohini fell in with a splash directly behind him. With naught but a six second gap, Petrova landed in the chamber as well.

The two girls were able to make out details Drovya's torch could not. The stairs that led out of the murk tapered onto even ground before greeting the arch of an open hallway choked with rubble and thick spiderwebs.

751 to 800 of 3,318 << first < prev | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / TEE's Into the Obscure (A Dark Extraplanar Adventure) Gameplay Thread All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.