Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends


Into the Obscure (A Dark Extraplanar Adventure)

Game Master Halflingtime

The terrible plane of Abaddon lies in wait...


651 to 700 of 3,502 << first < prev | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | next > last >>

Female :D Check out my fetching opercles!

It is monster lore, for all intents and purposes, but the petitioner isn't quite helpless. He is flanked, though. The damage he'd taken from tussling with his brother has healed during this interlude to put him back to half hp, and his DR makes a single hit knockout unlikely. But let's see.

1d20 + 9 ⇒ (15) + 9 = 24 Hits! Damage is1d6 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7. Nonlethally, he's at one hp. Anyone else feel like finishing the job?


Male Human (Keleshite) Inquisitor 6

If he's flanked, Arasmes does 1d6 extra damage from Precise Strike. 1d6 ⇒ 5 And he's out.


Female :D Check out my fetching opercles!

Shows what I know! Ha! Looks like it happened as planned! And I didn't know that's what that did. My bad.


Male Human (Keleshite) Inquisitor 6

No worries. The Teamwork feats see little use except from Inquisitors and Cavaliers, after all.


Stats:
Init: +0 Perception: +0 HP: 44/76 AC: 24/15/24 Fort:+10 Ref: +7 Will:+7(+1 versus Fear)(None)
Taldan Lore Warden 8 Wealth Sheet

"So I guess we're done here?" Talon says breaking his silence. His specialty was never interrogation so he kept quiet for once.


Male Half Elf Rogue 8 (HP 51/51; AC 23/15/18; F+6, R+14, W+5 (+2 trap, enchant, fear), Init +5, Per +13 (+4 trap))

"Aye. 'Twasn't very sporting. But we're not on a sporting-type mission are we?"


AC/Touch/FF: 21/16/16; F/R/W: +6/+9/+4 Max HP 47; Current HP 47

Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10

"Definitely not."


Spoiler:
Init +4; Perception +10 (+12); hp: 72 (72); AC 20/12/19; F+9, R+4, W+7; CMB +10, CMD: 22; Arcane Pool 4/8; Conditions: Drovya is wearing Talon's cloak, +1 to all saves.
Male Half Elf Bladebound Magus 8

perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (17) + 7 = 24

Drovya blinks at the trussed up petitioner, then nods, satisfied when Arasmes knocks him out.

knowledge(planes): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (15) + 8 = 23

I'd rather not discuss our next moves in front of this trash. He gestures to the two abject prisoners. Does anyone have any manacles? Let's secure them, bound and gagged, and then depart. Their stink offends me.


Male Human (Keleshite) Inquisitor 6

Arasmes looks over the petitioners with a fair degree of contempt "I have several sets, actually...but I'd really rather not waste them here. After all, there's a good chance we won't be back this way. Better to just bind them with what's available, I'd say. It's not like they'll be resisting the process..."


Female :D Check out my fetching opercles!

What's available? Blankets! Three of them! (and the grubby rope from the ladder, if you feel like jumping down. It's only ten feet.


Spoiler:
Init +4; Perception +10 (+12); hp: 72 (72); AC 20/12/19; F+9, R+4, W+7; CMB +10, CMD: 22; Arcane Pool 4/8; Conditions: Drovya is wearing Talon's cloak, +1 to all saves.
Male Half Elf Bladebound Magus 8

If the rest of you want to climb down the ladder, Talon and I can see to them with the rope, and then meet you outside the window.


Female :D Check out my fetching opercles!

Automated railroad activated.
Drovya and Talon stripped the rope ladder down after their companions descended back to ground level, and neither of the petitioners put up any fight for obvious reasons, though Petrova did swear she felt she was being stared at as she made her way down.

The group was now faced with a quandry; which lead should they follow?


AC/Touch/FF: 21/16/16; F/R/W: +6/+9/+4 Max HP 47; Current HP 47

"This is the second time this name Gant has come up. Perhaps now is time to follow up on it?"

She eyes Arasmes suspiciously and pulls her cloak across her bosom.


has awesome hair
Stats:
Init +6 Per +9 | AC 17/T 17/ FF 15 | HP 58/58 | F +8/R + 5/ W +7

"This doesn't make sense," muses Kanthuun. "The aura was here. It led us to them." He points to the two blanketed petitioners.

"They then tell us ten thousand names. Gant. Some fat thief. Tieflings. The whole thing smells like stench kine and manticore dung to me. Someone is playing keep-a-way and bide-a-wee with us." He paces for a moment.

"Who else uses this hideout?" he asks the petitioners.


Female :D Check out my fetching opercles!

You ask this after they've been knocked out? Well, one is, and the other's faking it, keeping his eye slightly open and ogling Petrova (but he's damned good at it-still a DC 20 Perception to notice). That, and if you stayed up there, Drovya seems to have elected to use rope from the rope ladder, so you're going to have to climb/jump down. Examination of the room does indicate that only two people seem to have been using it.

On the first floor- DC 22 Survival or Perception:

The scuff marks that were mirrored on the other side of the door but went unnoticed earlier can be detected by the aspiring detectives below, though only a survival check makes out the specific shape/weightload and higher meaning to the scuffs, the Perception check just notices the marks on the dirt floor that correspond to where the gap in the propped door was.


Stats:
Init: +0 Perception: +0 HP: 44/76 AC: 24/15/24 Fort:+10 Ref: +7 Will:+7(+1 versus Fear)(None)
Taldan Lore Warden 8 Wealth Sheet

Survival
1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15

Perception

1d20 ⇒ 2

"Yea, I don't like it either. I'm thinking we go after Gant. Since that's the only name we've heard of."


Male Half Elf Rogue 8 (HP 51/51; AC 23/15/18; F+6, R+14, W+5 (+2 trap, enchant, fear), Init +5, Per +13 (+4 trap))

Sorry everyone. Been busy with work all week. A little bit of time off, finally.

"After Gant, by hell or high water, as required. Though I prefer civility to violence."


AC/Touch/FF: 21/16/16; F/R/W: +6/+9/+4 Max HP 47; Current HP 47

"At the risk of sounding like a sanctimonious prick, we should remember why these petitioners are here, and what they probably did in life to earn a spot here. They either end up as food to even worse creatures, sustaining them, or manage to become such creatures themselves. Aren't we doing the multiverse a favour cutting down as many of them as we can while we're here?"


Male Human (Keleshite) Inquisitor 6

Arasmes tilts his head, looking around, while he responds to Petrova's words "In at least one sense, certainly. But that deprives them of the opportunity to change their ways, which exists even here, and more importantly risks our own lives. We need to survive to accomplish our objective...which is rather important. Certainly more important than slaying a few petitioners."

Survival: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (5) + 9 = 14
Perception: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (1) + 11 = 12


Stats:
Init: +0 Perception: +0 HP: 44/76 AC: 24/15/24 Fort:+10 Ref: +7 Will:+7(+1 versus Fear)(None)
Taldan Lore Warden 8 Wealth Sheet

"Yea, we're not here to redeem them all. We're also not here to kill everyone. Right now we just have to find that damn wayfinder."


Male Half Elf Rogue 8 (HP 51/51; AC 23/15/18; F+6, R+14, W+5 (+2 trap, enchant, fear), Init +5, Per +13 (+4 trap))

Hanethes nods again.

"That's the gist of it. Get the wayfinder. Get what we came for. Get back. As much as I might want to free the petitioners we find, they are here because of their own decisions in life."


has awesome hair
Stats:
Init +6 Per +9 | AC 17/T 17/ FF 15 | HP 58/58 | F +8/R + 5/ W +7

"Oh, they'll be freed, one way or another," mutters Kanthuun.

"And Petrova, if you're a prick, then I'm a boob." He chuckles. "Gantwards."

What time is it?


Female :D Check out my fetching opercles!

In game, it would be somewhere in the early evening.


Female :D Check out my fetching opercles!

Does this change anything?


has awesome hair
Stats:
Init +6 Per +9 | AC 17/T 17/ FF 15 | HP 58/58 | F +8/R + 5/ W +7

Yes, Kanthuun is secretly a lycanthrope. :P No, just wondering when us spell casters get to recharge. Glad I have Rope Trick after all, since the Motel 666 around here is somewhat lacking. :D


Female :D Check out my fetching opercles!

The group made its way to Gant's dwelling, guided by Adrig's earlier directions. There were petitioners that stood in the doorways of housing complex as they approached that scattered like insects if the group got too close, such as in passing the entrances to get to various ladders and ramps. From time to time, the Hanethes, Petrova, and Arasmes swore they could hear sounds of heavy breathing or crying behind the thin walls that supported the structures. Like everywhere else in the accursed place, the apartments were quite bleak.

It was nearly impossible to gauge what time of 'day' it was in terms of the plane. The eye that served as the sun was obscured, and seldom moved to begin with, but Kanthuun noted that it felt like just short of half an hour elapsed as they moved through the shantytown and up and around the crate-like building conglomeration to get to the appropriate doorway, which was all the easier to find for the tiefling woman standing beside it, the very same one the group had run into as they entered the settlement.

"We were wondering when you'd arrive...," the woman relented, extricating herself from the creaking wall to look the group over, pausing as she counted with her fingers and noted the missing dwarf. Frustration became evident, as a missing person was almost always a corpse.
"Forgive me if I'm too forward after sending you to that den of iniquities. My... our intentions weren't to harm you."
A Sense Motive DC 20 indicates this to be the truth as far as the woman sees it.


Male Half Elf Rogue 8 (HP 51/51; AC 23/15/18; F+6, R+14, W+5 (+2 trap, enchant, fear), Init +5, Per +13 (+4 trap))

Sense Motive
1d20 + 8 ⇒ (19) + 8 = 27

"All taverns are dangerous, in one way or another. If you knew we were coming, perhaps you also know why we are here."


Female :D Check out my fetching opercles!

"I can hazard a guess," Lettis remarked flatly, her arms crossed.
"-and my master is waiting for you inside. I'm just here to make sure you aren't interrupted."

Her tail whipped around like a cat's, and the petitioner easily picked up the distress coming from the group and the thinning of their patience.

"Though if you feel you must take out your anger and grief on someone right away, I'd prefer to do this out here, away from the man I've sworn to protect."


Male Human (Keleshite) Inquisitor 6

Arasmes tilts his head at her somewhat quizzically "We have no particular desire for violence, madam. We are here to talk, nothing more. Our misfortunes do not seem to have been your intent, after all."

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (7) + 15 = 22


Spoiler:
Init +4; Perception +10 (+12); hp: 72 (72); AC 20/12/19; F+9, R+4, W+7; CMB +10, CMD: 22; Arcane Pool 4/8; Conditions: Drovya is wearing Talon's cloak, +1 to all saves.
Male Half Elf Bladebound Magus 8

Drovya nods as he sheathes Black Ivan. We are here to talk, palaver, and take counsel. If we can leave in peace, we will.


has awesome hair
Stats:
Init +6 Per +9 | AC 17/T 17/ FF 15 | HP 58/58 | F +8/R + 5/ W +7

"And if we can't...well, let's just see Gant. That rhymed. Would you let us in?" Kanthuun tips a nonexistent hat.


Female :D Check out my fetching opercles!

After a brief glance, the tiefling moved even further aside, motioning to the door with bony fingers.

"I will come rushing in at the first sign of trouble," Lettis announced, puzzled by Kanthuun's invisible hat-tipping.
"Please be on your best behavior."

Gant's door proved to actually have hinges, though it pushed inwards and lacked any knobs, much like that of his neighbors'. As soon as the door made its movements, the sound of rattling bones came to the party's senses. The light from a small, green-burning torch on a stand to the right of the entryway illuminated the source-the room was covered in bones strung down from the ceiling in beaded lines.

Some of the bones were human, but most looked like they belonged to animals, and hooked, birdlike skulls the size of a man's were the most common motif (even if they were blunted and hanging just above where the average head would be). Foreign incense leaked through the atmosphere in thin streaks that disappeared only after expunging the air of the fetid smell that the Forest of Arrest exuded.

Ratted books and etchings on the local, bleeding bark were scattered on the ground in no particular order on a bare, sometimes fungus-covered floor until one's eye wandered into the back corner of the room, where circle of darkened cushions surrounded a larger one in the middle, where a bent, harmless-looking old man sat hunched over with a gnarled arm extended with a clay pitcher of some sort, pouring what appeared to be actually clean water into a cup held by a a lithe woman with a violet veil.
Enter Rohini.

The man who could only be Gant looked up when his visitors set off the chains and placed the pitcher on the ground, revealing a face that was riddled with wrinkles and gifted with a hooked nose, causing him to have a similar appearance to the bird skulls hanging about.

"So here you are, as expected. Come, take a seat!"the elder invited with a smile that showed missing teeth.

The room is actually much larger on the inside than it appears on the outside [22'x25'], so there's plenty of room to move around. There are no windows, and the lighting normal thanks to the torch, which is powerful, but leaves dancing shadows from the bone chains everywhere.


Male Half Elf Rogue 8 (HP 51/51; AC 23/15/18; F+6, R+14, W+5 (+2 trap, enchant, fear), Init +5, Per +13 (+4 trap))

Hanethes looks around the room for any hidden dangers before entering, then regards the two in the room with a curious but mostly polite suspicion.

Perception
1d20 + 11 ⇒ (12) + 11 = 23 +2 to detect traps.

Sense Motive
1d20 + 9 ⇒ (15) + 9 = 24


Stats:
Init: +0 Perception: +0 HP: 44/76 AC: 24/15/24 Fort:+10 Ref: +7 Will:+7(+1 versus Fear)(None)
Taldan Lore Warden 8 Wealth Sheet

Talon walks into the room giving a wink to the woman before sitting down. "Nice place you got here."


has awesome hair
Stats:
Init +6 Per +9 | AC 17/T 17/ FF 15 | HP 58/58 | F +8/R + 5/ W +7

Kanthuun takes a seat. "Hello. I understand we have a similar manner of speaking. I'm Kanthuun, of Ustalav, but my lineage stretches back to Sarkoris and beyond that, the Maelstrom, or so my blood tells me. We would have arrived earlier, but...there were circumstances." He bows with head and shoulders while seated.


Spoiler:
Init +4; Perception +10 (+12); hp: 72 (72); AC 20/12/19; F+9, R+4, W+7; CMB +10, CMD: 22; Arcane Pool 4/8; Conditions: Drovya is wearing Talon's cloak, +1 to all saves.
Male Half Elf Bladebound Magus 8

Drovya mutters under his breath to awaken his arcane sight before walking through the bones, rattling them like macabre castanets as they strike his broad shoulders. He sits cross-legged on one of the pillows and looks expectantly from the man to the woman and back again.


Female :D Check out my fetching opercles!

With some searching, Henethes saw an a suspicious apparatus connected to a set of bone chains that stood in front of the door. They had been disconnected, however. Perhaps it was an alarm of sorts, or an explosive device, but thankfully, the group didn't have to contend with it.

Kanthuun's Sense Motive, or indeed any Sense Motive of 20 or higher::

The two actually appear glad to see the party, oddly enough.

"Then Ustalav is as this place is? The name is familiar, but the memories are almost gone, so forgive me for not being of more animation."

The man placed his hands on his knees and grinned lopsidedly, revealing a missing front canine.
"If you are a Protean-mixed kind of man, tell me, do you feel at home in this storm? And what of your friends? They seem less pensive than I'd have thought."

The elder now looked to the veiled woman.
"Should we start the introductions?"


AC/Touch/FF: 21/16/16; F/R/W: +6/+9/+4 Max HP 47; Current HP 47

Are both these people "people", or petitioners?

Petrova keeps a suspicious eye all around.

[ooc]I thought this tiefling woman was the woman who lead the ambush on Rogar. Oops![//ooc]


Female :D Check out my fetching opercles!

After partaking in food or drink on this plane, that would be more difficult to discern, but you certainly hear breathing from the female.


has awesome hair
Stats:
Init +6 Per +9 | AC 17/T 17/ FF 15 | HP 58/58 | F +8/R + 5/ W +7

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5

Kanthuun has nary a clue, which never stops him. "Oh, there are similarities, but this place is particularly unique. Your choice of drink, for example." He half-grins, half-grimaces. "And I fear I would only melt more slowly in that storm--not my chosen method of re-making. Our business is the kind that does not suit the pensive."

He glances at the woman.


has awesome hair
Stats:
Init +6 Per +9 | AC 17/T 17/ FF 15 | HP 58/58 | F +8/R + 5/ W +7

It's like fairy food! Well, now we're going to wake up in 100 years with long white beards.


Spoiler:
Init +4; Perception +10 (+12); hp: 72 (72); AC 20/12/19; F+9, R+4, W+7; CMB +10, CMD: 22; Arcane Pool 4/8; Conditions: Drovya is wearing Talon's cloak, +1 to all saves.
Male Half Elf Bladebound Magus 8

Hey Trout, am I getting anything from detect magic? I cast it when I was walking through the bones (that whole muttering to awaken arcane sight thing)


Female Changeling Cleric of Desna 8
Stats:
HP 45/45; 7/9 channels; 6/9 bit of luck; Init +0; Perception +9; AC 18/11/18; F+8, R+4, W+14; CMB +4, CMD: 15

I'm not sure of the set-up here -- what Rohini's connection is to Gant, etc. So maybe Trout should send me a message and I can act accordingly? In the meantime, Rohini will act conservatively.

Drovya, assuming Rohini has her equipment, you certainly see some magic items on her person. My understanding is that you would need to stare in an unseemly manner to get more detail.

The veiled woman certainly appears human from what you can see and in this light. She has a dark purple scarf around her head and similarly colored robes on her body. Neither is quite the same color as the veil and the robes show considerable wear. Her hair is black and her skin is brown. She is striking and there is something a bit unusual about her appearance. The more perceptive and better traveled among you might place her as Vudrani.

She looks up and tries to size the group up -- who they are, what their motives are. She can't conceal an inkling of hope at seeing their likes in this place. In response to Gant's question about introductions, she'll nod and let him take the lead.


Female :D Check out my fetching opercles!

There is a moderate aura of divination coming from the bird skulls, and a weak aura of abjuration coming from the device Hanethes spotted... as well as a small and weak Illusion (glamour) and another divination aura lurking right behind Gant.


AC/Touch/FF: 21/16/16; F/R/W: +6/+9/+4 Max HP 47; Current HP 47

"You aren't dead!" the masked woman says, half-accusing, half-surprised.


Male Half Elf Rogue 8 (HP 51/51; AC 23/15/18; F+6, R+14, W+5 (+2 trap, enchant, fear), Init +5, Per +13 (+4 trap))

As everyone steps past him, Hanethes chuckles a little to himself.

"I suppose an invitation is sometimes just an invitation. But it didn't seem like it in this place."

He also enters the room and makes his way to Gant and his companion.

"Ah. What a lovely guest you have already."

Hanethes decides to be sociable (providing a bonus to diplomacy for everyone)


Female :D Check out my fetching opercles!

And Rohini has all her equipment.


Female Changeling Cleric of Desna 8
Stats:
HP 45/45; 7/9 channels; 6/9 bit of luck; Init +0; Perception +9; AC 18/11/18; F+8, R+4, W+14; CMB +4, CMD: 15

Rohini stands and her scarf falls away from her head, letting her long hair fall. She acknowledges Hanethes' comment with a nod and subtle smile and turns to Petrova -- "And neither are the lot of you dead, from the looks of things. I can't tell you what a relief it is to meet others -- no offense intended," glancing at Gant. "I am Rohini Soni. And quite alive, thanks be." She glances at Gant and she acknowledges all in the group with eye contact.


Female :D Check out my fetching opercles!

"None taken, Rohini. As for me, I'm pretty sure you already know who I am, but let's see to politeness, hm? I am Gant, unofficial and oft-disregarded leader of this settlement."

He leaned heavily on his left knee.
"And I assume by the look on this magistier's face," Gant continued,looking at Drovya,"-that he has found Mika, who is, unfortunately, my accomplice in a small crime at your expense."

A small, wide-eyed cacodaemon took form behind the man and collapsed on his shoulder like a hyperactive puppy, panting. Two miniscule, hand-like appendages lolled off to the side.
"Don't mind him, though, you'll have what's yours soon enough. Rohini and I were made aware that you had it, however, and knew there would be some competition. Our only intention was to be sure it didn't fall into the wrong hands, as it were."

With a set of hacks remniscent of a feline ejecting a furball, Mika vomited out a familiar device, which Gant only barely managed to catch before it fell to the floor.

"What did you say this was called, Rohini..? A baylinder, a craydoppler, or.. Oh, yes. A wayfinder."


Female :D Check out my fetching opercles!

This is not the cacodaemon that escaped the hollow.

651 to 700 of 3,502 << first < prev | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / TEE's Into the Obscure (A Dark Extraplanar Adventure) Gameplay Thread All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.